New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

[Back From The Temple]

"Steve needs urgent medical attention, but the rest of us need to be checked too. The corruption might have seemed in through our wounds, or any other weak point," Wenomir tells both Mia and the winged being.

Then he shakes his head.

"If I ever start telling people that, there'll be no hope for me. But right now my lead is too flimsy for me to do anything yet. I learned that just as the demon wore her body, she was placed into its body. And I know what she did after the battle. Not much to go on, but better than what I had until now."

[Training Grounds]

"There will be waiting in real battles as well," Wenomir says. "Moments when you observe and plan, or try to goad the enemy into attacking first and exposing themselves. And then everything starts happening very quickly again."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

[Back from the Temple]

Steve lays still on the stretcher.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"We need revenge for the fallen," the cloaked female urges as she walks through the fields in her sparkling white battle gown.
    The cloaked mage that's with Orion may be able to help us with that... Devero's voice lingers in her head as the woman's eyes catch sight of the strangers conversing among one another, I have to go.
    "Why?" the woman's voice echoes with worry as she gradually approaches the new faces.
    I'm not alone, Devero finishes before he disperses from her mind as she takes notice of her white sack of supplies strapped to her lower back, her twin blades sheathed to her side and her great bow slung on her back with numerous abnormally thick and sharp arrows to hunt her prey down.
    Once she arrives she removes the hood from her head, revealing her long black hair with tips of midnight blue, her long elvish ears, her skin a tan of gold, her earthy green eyes and her tiara made of branches from the ancient forest of Gilendrier.
    "I'm sorry to disrupt your training, but I am currently lost and in need of direction," her eyes look from Mia's to Wenomir's.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-12 at 09:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir turns around to stare at the new arrival.

"Well, you seem to have wandered right in the middle of our base, so yes. Who are you?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hangar Necromancy]

Wenomir shrugs.

"If you say so. It seems we have a deal. I'll come back here with Kalya and call on you again once I've secured your transfer. They we'll see about recording your confession."
    "Wait wait wait. You mean I'm just going to float here in this hangar, or you're tossing me back into the sea? I'm going back to hell? What if they double-kill me before you get back? I mean, I wouldn't be any trouble! I could just float around here, looking at things, not haunting anyone!" The pilot panics, immediately trying to come up with some excuse to stick around, some way to make himself useful. As a spirit, he's awfully limited in terms of what he can and can't do. I men, I don't know if VIGIL really has any need for a floaty intangible chatterbox. He could greet people at the door, but would you really trust a MagClone with its own agenda for something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"My name is Veya. I was looking for an ancient underground civilization, but I haven't had any luck," she sighs as she takes off her bow and drops it to the ground with an extremely heavy thud before she starts rolling her shoulders.
    "What are your names?" she asks as her eyes look to them both.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Back From The Temple]

"Steve needs urgent medical attention, but the rest of us need to be checked too. The corruption might have seemed in through our wounds, or any other weak point," Wenomir tells both Mia and the winged being.

Then he shakes his head.

"If I ever start telling people that, there'll be no hope for me. But right now my lead is too flimsy for me to do anything yet. I learned that just as the demon wore her body, she was placed into its body. And I know what she did after the battle. Not much to go on, but better than what I had until now."

[Training Grounds]

"There will be waiting in real battles as well," Wenomir says. "Moments when you observe and plan, or try to goad the enemy into attacking first and exposing themselves. And then everything starts happening very quickly again."
    [Back From The Temple]

Mia nods and will start the examination of Steve. She is nor really able to cure the corruption I think unless it changes the cells.

[Training Grounds]

"I understand." Mia replies to Wenomir. "I might need to learn about such technics to observe and act in the right way."

Then the new person arrives.

"You kind of managed to get on a flying island on your search." she says to her. "It will be hard to find an underground civilasation here."
    "My name is mia Mechanicus." she says, stands up and slightly bows.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Great. I should've expected that something like this would happen," she frowns with disappointment, "I'm off track," she sighs whilst sitting on the ground.
    "My name is Veya Doningore, an Ancient Elf and a high priestess..." her voice trails off as she looks at her surroundings, "where is this flying island going to?"

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"I'm Wenomir, and the place you found yourself in is Vigil. This island isn't going anywhere just yet." He was about to ask Mia about her idea about that, before Veya showed up.

[Hangar Necromancy]

Wenomir surveys the ghost for a while longer than is entirely comfortable.

"I was going to have Kalya send you back to the afterlife. Hopefully not for long. But if you want to stick around... well, that's a separate discussion. Why would we let you haunt our base, however temporarily? You did actively try to frame us for murder."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"And here I was, thinking that I knew where I was going. It makes sense though, seeing as this is only the second time I've been out of Gilendrier," she sighs.

"I need to find something for a fellow division member of mine, but it's clear that I'm the worst person for the job..." her voice trails off, "how large is Vigil?"

11. - Top - End - #311

[Training Grounds]

"It's not that big." Mia says then looks to Wenomir. "Was is 2km in diameter? Or less?"
    Mia then turns back to the Elven woman.
    "You mentioned to be a High Priestress. Could you tell me what god you follow?"

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

"Alright then, I think I'll rest with you guys, if you don't mind," she speaks whilst taking a seat.

"My people and I worship the ancient god, Solonor and the goddess, Rillifane. Together, they protect both our ancient forest and the farmlands surrounding it," her eyes look to the sky before gazing back at Mia and Wenomir.

"The men would either become priests or warriors, but most saw it as them either being forced to live the rest of their days within the forest or succumbing to the will of the elements beyond our lands. The women on the other hand had no choice, and were forced to become priestesses. That was, until my father went against the ways of our people and trained me to fight," she smirks, "which deities do you serve?" she addresses them both.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-14 at 08:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir frowns, and the scars on his face shift in a not very pleasant way.

"I follow no deity," he says curtly, and leaves it at that. "And yes, two kilometres sounds about right. Enough for our purposes. Especially if we manage to get it mobile."

14. - Top - End - #314

[Training Grounds]

"Oh that sounds very unpleasant."
    Mia says. "It sounds like they want to imprison you in the forest.
    I myself am a High Priestress of Deus Mechanicus."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Back From the Temple]

Luvon appears and looks around to see if everyone made it.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Veya pauses momentarily as she processes Wenomir's response before she responds, "what place did you have in mind of going to?" she questions.

"It was very unpleasant, and as a child I did feel imprisoned, but once my father stood against the customs of the ancestors, the people begun to open their minds. Things are better now, which is why I was able to make it here today."

Veya's eyes widen with surprise, "you're a High Priestess too?" she questions, "I've never met one of a different faith," she smiles with curiosity, "how is life like for you as a High Priestess?"
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-15 at 05:42 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Wherever we need," Wenomir explains. He decides to abstain from the discussion about gods, and focuses on the island. "The idea behind a flying base was that we could transport all our resources where we need them, instead of having to travel individually. Didn't you have something in mind for that, Mia?"

[Back From the Temple]

Luvon will find that everyone is back, and they're currently in Vigil's clinic. They need medical examination.

18. - Top - End - #318

[Back From the Temple]

The winged being looks over each member. "I wouldn't interfere with your staff, it looks like everyone is in good hands." She declares with a nod. "But if I can help anyone simply tell, though admittedly I still have no good idea what is going on here."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Back From the Temple]

The winged being looks over each member. "I wouldn't interfere with your staff, it looks like everyone is in good hands." She declares with a nod. "But if I can help anyone simply tell, though admittedly I still have no good idea what is going on here."
    "We were attacking the temple to stop demons that have been attacking people. While we were in there, you showed up." Luvon says.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-06-15 at 02:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

[Back from the Temple]

If the medical personel examine Steve, they will see that he doesn't have the corruption in him, but he has several deep cuts and lacerations. Also, a hit from a pit lord fractured a few ribs, causing hemorrhaging in the surrounding blood vessels.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

21. - Top - End - #321

[Back from the Temple]

"I won't mind." Mia says to the winged woman. "I'm not sure I can heal the corruption, since my healing is mostly physikal. I haven't dealt with things like curses so feel free to assist."

Mia will offer a small vial with the mercury stuff to Steve.
    "Drink that. It will help you, but you might feel exhausted the next few hours."

[Training Grounds]

Mia takes note of Wenomier avoiding the god talk and thinks it might be best to not push it. "It is a burden Ms. Veya." she sais friendly. "but I guess we could talk about this at another time, since I assume you got severyl questions."

Then she turns to Wenomir.

"Exactly. I was working on some engines. We could place them around the island. We would requiere an energy source, but even a small power plant should allow us to move the island at 100 km/h. The other idea was to equip the island like a space ship with most engines at the back and only a few to naviagte. it would increase the speed, but also decrease the maneuverability. I can draw a few sketches if you need."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Understood," Veya smiles to Mia as she looks to Wenomir, "The concept of this island is a smart one, I've never seen anything quite like it. I have to say, it's extremely useful."

As Mia converses with Wenomir, Veya's attention is drawn back to her.
    "Seeing as I've steered from my objective, I can assist you with acquiring the energy source before I jump off this island. Where do you think we could find it?"

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"We probably don't need a lot of speed," Wenomir muses. "Won't it consume a great deal of fuel, though? What kind of energy source would we need?" he asks Mia. He then looks at Veya. "That's quite a generous offer. We won't turn down help if it's offered, but why?"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"I believe in karma and helping people where I can. I'm sure that once this thing's up and running you'll be busy, all I ask is that you pay the kindness forward," she smiles as she stands up, lifting her large and heavy longbow with complete ease before she places it on her back, "maybe by helping you guys I'll start moving in the right direction," she giggles quietly to herself at her lack of direction, "and...I need to be prepared for the Bloodstorm."
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-16 at 10:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

[Back from the Temple]

"We attacked the demons, and they seem to have summoned you as backup. Although why they'd summon someone with no interest in helping them, I don't know," Wenomir explains to the winged being. "Then I broke their toys and they couldn't summon more. I'm sorry you got caught up in this."

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

[Back from the Temple]

"We attacked the demons, and they seem to have summoned you as backup. Although why they'd summon someone with no interest in helping them, I don't know," Wenomir explains to the winged being. "Then I broke their toys and they couldn't summon more. I'm sorry you got caught up in this."
    Fel is nearby, being examined for injuries and corruption, she lays flat on the ground so all areas of her can be reached.

Still got a bad feeling in my tummy that the worst is yet to come.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

27. - Top - End - #327

Spoiler
    Show
    [Training Grounds]

"We probably don't need a lot of speed," Wenomir muses. "Won't it consume a great deal of fuel, though? What kind of energy source would we need?" he asks Mia. He then looks at Veya. "That's quite a generous offer. We won't turn down help if it's offered, but why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    [Training Grounds]

"I believe in karma and helping people where I can. I'm sure that once this thing's up and running you'll be busy, all I ask is that you pay the kindness forward," she smiles as she stands up, lifting her large and heavy longbow with complete ease before she places it on her back, "maybe by helping you guys I'll start moving in the right direction," she giggles quietly to herself at her lack of direction, "and...I need to be prepared for the Bloodstorm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    [Training Grounds]

"Understood," Veya smiles to Mia as she looks to Wenomir, "The concept of this island is a smart one, I've never seen anything quite like it. I have to say, it's extremely useful."

As Mia converses with Wenomir, Veya's attention is drawn back to her.
    "Seeing as I've steered from my objective, I can assist you with acquiring the energy source before I jump off this island. Where do you think we could find it?"

[Training Grounds]

Mia looks at Wenomir.
    "That depends. How fast should we be able to travel, will it also feed the other buildings here?" she says. "A solar farm would be enougth to move it at least, as long as the sun shines. A warp core or a small nuclear power plant would give us more energy then we ever need."

She then turns to Veya. "Do you know about any other kind of power source?"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"None with enough power to move an island...none that I've seen with my own eyes, at the very least," she frowns.

"I've read books on ancient mythical beasts containing power cores that they get their energy from. I'm certain that they'd be powerful enough to do the job, but we shouldn't take that route unless we have no other solutions," she advises strongly.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-17 at 08:32 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir shrugs.

"Killing monsters is how we got our hands on this island to begin with. Killing more monsters to power it is an option. But we should explore others first. One way or the other, it should use a different power source than the buildings on the island. We don't want to lose all power if something goes wrong."

30. - Top - End - #330

[Back from the Temple]

"How peculiar." The winged being comments. "Teleported here... which brings me to my next question, just where is 'here'?" She looks around. "Vigil, I heard, but where is vigil?"