New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Clinic]

"Ohh! Scary! I did not know you were a demon. Demons got pretty bad press back home. What do you have to say to all the demon haters out there?"
    Believe what you want, but don't actively look for trouble. I can't imagine I can convince you to abandon your hate in a few short sentences, but I can warn you not to actively seek out demon-kind. They are most likely tougher than you. answers Xavouir.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

[Clinic]

Wenomir looks back towards the door of the clinic, slowly.

"Kelligan, you say. I think access to him might be easier than I thought. The cretins with cameras inside work for him."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Clinic]

Shanti's eyes widens. "You're telling me... why are they here?" She suddenly demands. "Tell me now."

Anika was gonna remark on Shanti's 'order', but this suddenly took priority. "I'm pretty sure they don't know anything worthwhile. They're just a camera crew, no way they have anything important on KABAL or their leaders."

Inside the clinic, Amy is nodding. "Wise words, I hope our viewers are smart enough to not attack a demon though, for a number of reasons. For instance, they might be friendly, like you!" She pauses. "Do you know of any other demons that are friendly like you are? Since we only get to hear about the bad ones on the news."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-27 at 05:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Clinic]

If there were other demons lurking around VIGIL, using their powers to stay invisible and unnoticed, this would be the perfect time for them to pop up. Assuming they weren't staying out of the way specifically because demons working with VIGIL would be bad publicity.
    But surely nothing like that is going on.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Clinic

Like you may of overheard, I'm new here. I could tell you of a bunch back from where I come from, but they're a long way's away. I got nothing on friendly ones in the nearbye vicinity. answers Xavouir.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

[Clinic]

"We abide their intrusive, vapid nonsense because their leader has something we need," Wenomir says. "I'd been told he's got ties to KABAL, but couldn't confirm it. Until now. Anika is right, though. Those reporters have no idea what's really going on."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #547

[Clinic]

"That's just what they want you to think, but it is likely just an act to make you lower your guard. They're obviously all spies. Didn't I just tell you that KABAL is associated with demons? What if they are the same demons that you're fighting? They could be infiltrating your ranks as we speak." Shanti claims. "You should capture them all and interrogate them, KABAL is unlikely to keep their end of whatever bargain you have anyway so you should break it before they can."

"Aw, that's too bad." Amy says as her smile fades. "Since I think people need to get a more nuanced image of demons. All we see all day now is them destroying settlements in seaside, and that's terrible, but we must realize that there are demons fighting on both sides here. Don't you agree?"

8. - Top - End - #548

[Arriving]

"Here it is." Anika declares as Illeria can see VIGIL's floating base. "I'm gonna fly up there... and I guess you can follow if you want. At the very least, they are going to give you shelter for the night."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-27 at 07:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

Illeria looks up and says, "Cool. Kinda reminds me of Dalaran. I don't suppose they have any portals up? Not all of us can actually fly."

10. - Top - End - #550

[Arriving]

"Portals? Nah, they use... that." She gestures vaguely at the shuttles. "Never used them myself, but I figure they're like those giant elevators they use back home. Ever been to Thunder Bluff? They got 'em."

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

Illeria frowns and says, "Oh. Those look suspiciously gnomish. Are you sure there isn't another way up?"

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

[Clinic]

Wenomir scowls... well, scowls more than he usually does. He steps forward towards Shanti, rolls his shoulders and seems to somehow grow a little taller. Even though Shanti is taller, she might feel like he's towering over her.

"Now let me make one thing clear. You don't give me orders. The reason I trust you more than KABAL is because Anika vouches for you, and you haven't shot me. Don't make me change my mind."

He steps away, but his scowl doesn't disappear.

"If we just grab a bunch of reporters as they do a show about us, it'll look terrible. I wish I didn't have to care about it, but I do. And I don't think they're spies. The one doing the interviews, anyway. She strikes me as someone who genuinely likes that garbage show they made. I think Kelligan just wanted to make money off that thing. We didn't end up in direct conflict with KABAL until just now."

13. - Top - End - #553

[Arriving]

Anika considers a moment. "Uhh... not that I know of. But come on, I managed to use an elevator despite two angry tauren chasing me, so how hard can it be? Just step inside and wait for it to go up, but for Elune's sake, don't jump. That only invites trouble." Sometimes, you could go right through the elevator while you were coming down!

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

Illeria frowns and says, "Alright." She nervously boards one of the shuttles and instructs the pilot to take her up to the base.

15. - Top - End - #555

[Arriving==> Commander's Village]

Progress!
    The elevator has been bypassed, but what else lie in store for our brave heroes. An escalator?!
    Either way, Anika will take the shuttle as well, for moral support, and then she will lead Illeria to the commander's village to meet the wizard warrior. I wonder what wisdom he will bestow upon them? Anika is ready for the worst, but isn't showing it. "See? Easy. You can make these with magic as well you know. Another of society's great inventions." She tells Illeria as they walk.

[Outside the Clinic]

I'm going to say that Shanti have dropped down from the roof now as otherwise most of the last post is invalided.
    Shanti frowns back as Wenomir suddenly steps forward, but doesn't manage to muster up any kind reply.
    Instead, Anika is the first to comment, while giving air-quotes. "'Vouch' might be a bit of a overstatement. While she is better than KABAL, I'm not sure she is all that trustworthy."

"...so we're trusting the minions of KABAL now?The people that just murdered was essentially was my friends and family? Even if they somehow aren't sabotaging and spying on you, what stops KABAL from infiltrating their group? Smuggling in bombs and other items?"

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

"Another of society's great inventions is a phone, Anika," says Wenomir, emerging from his house to meet them. "Or other forms of communication you can use to let your commander know you got yourself in trouble."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]
    "Aw, that's too bad." Amy says as her smile fades. "Since I think people need to get a more nuanced image of demons. All we see all day now is them destroying settlements in seaside, and that's terrible, but we must realize that there are demons fighting on both sides here. Don't you agree?"
    ((Sorry for the long wait, just wanted to focus on stuff until the storm dialed down a bit))

I suppose I'm living proof of that am I? chuckles Xavouir. He gives a big toothy all K-9 smile afterward.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside the Clinic]

Wenomir freezes in place, breathes out, and turns back slightly towards Shanti. Only his left eye is visible to her, dark with anger.

"Enough. I didn't get trapped in a sewer, gassed and shot at to get back-talk and insults from the person I rescued. Do you really think we're idiots who let the reporters run around here as they please? I need to deal with this new information, and your constant complaining isn't helping."

19. - Top - End - #559

[Outside the Clinic]

Shanti falters, but it does like she is about to reply when Anika suddenly steps in-between the two. "You two need to chill out before you rip one another's throats out." She turns to Shanti. "Get out of here. You don't want to die over an stupid argument. Just stay close by."

The former cult leader frowns, but soon turns into an white eagle and flies away.

"I told you she was a pain in the ass." Anika remarks as she watches Shanti fly away. "Used to be in charge all the time."

[Clinic]

"Exactly! And I heard that there are more demons like yourself in Riverside, something I highlighted in another one of efforts to disprove racist stereotypes. My viewers might recall last week when I interviewed the champions of light's heart." Amy says as she turns to the camera with a smile. "You can see it, and other episodes on GBO all-access."

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Clinic

Oh yeah, on this little rectangle thingies, right? Xavouir asks.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside the Clinic]

Wenomir turns back to Anika, the grimace on his face slowly receding.

"I probably wouldn't have killed her over this. But if she'd been stupid enough to keep pushing, I don't know what would have happened. We need to know more about what caused her cult's fight with KABAL. They were likely not as innocent as she claims."

22. - Top - End - #562

[Outside the Clinic]

Anika raises an eyebrow. "I certainly hope not, I was exaggerating! I hope no one was considering killing anyone here."
    She sigh. "But yeah, she was probably involved in some pretty nasty stuff, but now they killed all her people so I dunno what will happen to her. She said she had 'connections' though, whatever that means."

Clinic

Amy turns back to the daemon. "Excuse me, what do you mean?"

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside the Clinic]

"Probably other cults," Wenomir remarks, shaking his head. "Let's hope she doesn't turn out to be as big a problem as KABAL. And I do wonder if Kelligan knows that we know who we're doing business with."

24. - Top - End - #564

[Outside the Clinic]

"You think? Cults don't usually get along all that well. You probably should have someone keeping an eye on her though, someone who isn't me. I got way to much to do to keep an eye on her." Anika replies.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Commander's Village]

"Another of society's great inventions is a phone, Anika," says Wenomir, emerging from his house to meet them. "Or other forms of communication you can use to let your commander know you got yourself in trouble."
    Illeria is distinctly uncomfortable on the shuttle, but nods to Anika as they exit and says, "I see." When Wenomir arrives, her breath catches in her throat as he (in Illeria's mind rudely) addresses Anika, but in an effort to be polite, she says, "Ah, you must be here to tell us where the leader is. Lead on."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Clinic

Amy turns back to the daemon. "Excuse me, what do you mean?"
    Those, I meant those. The have lights on them and whatnot, ah what do call them...

Kitty's eye looks at Xavouir strait in the face.

TVs! They're called TVs. Wonder what TV means.

27. - Top - End - #567

[Commander's Village]

"Trouble? I just saved Illeria here, no trouble at all."
    She gestures at the elf besides her and then at Wenomir. "Illeria, Wenomir, Wenomir Illeria." She suddenly frowns. "Why?" She would let Wenomir himself correct Illeria's misunderstanding. It was pretty amusing though, especially considering Illeria's people had been around humans far longer than her people!

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside the Clinic]

"I think I've got someone in mind," Wenomir says. "Someone immune to magic, so he'll handle her quite well if he has to."

[Commander's Village]

Wenomir's eyes narrow. When he speaks, he sounds perfectly polite... to an untrained listener.

"I am the leader. One of the two. And while you were gone, I received news that you and Illeria had committed an act of terrorism against some place called 'New Inside'. Care to elaborate?"

29. - Top - End - #569

[Outside the Clinic]

"Immunity to magic? That'll save him if Shanti starts blasting him with spells, but that's not really her thing. I'm a fighter, she's, well, a plotter. She'll turn into a bird and flee at the first sign of trouble." She wasn't the blasting kind, and besides, moonfire was really just a more powerful flashlight. Not the searing kind of fire that mages could summon.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside the Clinic]

"He's an assassin well-versed in courtly intrigue," Wenomir says. "Someone I've known for a while, who now wants to join Vigil. He'll be fine, if he's willing and able to take this on."