New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Those, I meant those. The have lights on them and whatnot, ah what do call them...

Kitty's eye looks at Xavouir strait in the face.

TVs! They're called TVs. Wonder what TV means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Outside the Clinic]

"He's an assassin well-versed in courtly intrigue," Wenomir says. "Someone I've known for a while, who now wants to join Vigil. He'll be fine, if he's willing and able to take this on."
    [Outside the Clinic]

"Then good luck to him, whoever he is. I'm sure he'll be thrilled watching her turn into different species of snakes. Seriously, that woman have some weird snake fetish." Anika shakes her head. "Anyway, I'm gonna be off spying on Skyside then unless there was anything else." It looks like she is about to run off either way though.

[Clinic]

"Ohh! You don't know what a TV is?" And aren't TV's squares? "Well, one final question then, what is your homeworld like? I understand that many VIGIL members come from less technological advanced worlds. Not that there is anything wrong with that."

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Clinic]

"Ohh! You don't know what a TV is?" And aren't TV's squares? "Well, one final question then, what is your homeworld like? I understand that many VIGIL members come from less technological advanced worlds. Not that there is anything wrong with that."
    Oh, Golarian? It's... crowded for lack of a better word. Too many people, too many races, definitely too much evil everywhere. We don't have much in the way of tech, but we do have churned butter! Do you guys have that? asks Xavouir.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside the Clinic]

"That will be all. Watch yourself up there," Wenomir says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Illeria meets Wenomir's glare and says, "I'm sorry, but if you were kidnapped and experimented on for days, are you saying that vengeance wouldn't be high on your priority list?" Her apology is clearly quite sarcastic
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2017-09-10 at 03:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575

[Commander's Village]

"Yeah, we got attacked by a group of armed hillbilly's and Illeria got captured and sedated. I just barely managed to escape, didn't even have time to grab my clothes and those bastards took them too." Though why was she without them in the first place? "Thankfully, I managed to intimidate some paper-pushers into releasing her. Apparently, they're deadly afraid of VIGIL down there."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Wenomir decides to skip right over the fact that Anika had no clothes on.

"Right. So you did blow up a building. But the person calling me said nothing about capturing and kidnapping you. Unsurprisingly. While revenge would be high on my priority list, I'd aim it at the people who did this to me. Not civilians in the general proximity. Why are they so afraid of us, and why did they kidnap you?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Illeria mutters something under her breath about wanting to blow up the whole city and Anika stopping her, then replies to Wenomir, "Well, I can't you why exactly they're scared of you, but apparently they hate mages and non-humans, the smallminded idiot humans." The irony is entirely lost on her.

8. - Top - End - #578

[Commander's Village]

"I'm not sure the ones that kidnapped Illeria and the government are one and the same, but that's just a feeling I got. I got no clue why the government feared us so much however, but there were only humans there though. So they're probably pretty human-centric. People were staring at me like I was ten feet tall."
    Instead of nearly 7 feet tall.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

"Fearing magic and non-humans... just like home, except with more science," Wenomir observes, then shakes his head. "Most of us are either not human, use magic or both. I'm an exception. I don't know how much the person who spoke to me knew about it. It's possible he had no idea you'd been drugged and restrained, so he really did think you'd waltzed in and blew up a building. Governments founded on bigotry aren't big on keeping their citizens informed."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Illeria shrugs and says, "Whatever their deal was, I'm happy to be gone from there. Is that it? Or is there another pressing issue that I need to be here for."

11. - Top - End - #581

[Clinic]

"Churned butter? Er, I think so. Ithiki import all sorts of human products, and if I learned anything is that humans do all sort of awesome things with cow milk. They're crazy about those critters. So if they make butter from it, they are sure to make 'churned butter', I just can't place the name right now..."

Suddenly, one of the goblins behind the camera is gesturing something, and whispers something in the mic.

"Er, I think that was the last question. Thank you for your time, Xavouir. it has been a pleasure talking to you."

[Outside the Clinic]

"Always do."
    Then Anika turns into a falcon and flies off.

[Commander's Village]

"Yeah, I'm actually wondering the same thing. Am I off the hook? Since I didn't actually do anything besides freeing Illeria, and that's the stuff we do, right?" Anika argues.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

"I'm not going to blame you for freeing her from unlawful imprisonment, no. Or you for being kidnapped to begin with," Wenomir says. "New Inside wants you on trial for that exploded building. I'm not inclined to play along, but people who lived there probably weren't complicit in what happened," he points out.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Illeria shrugs and replies, "If it makes it any easier for you, I have no intent to return to that hellhole, whether you like it or not."

14. - Top - End - #584

[Commander's Village]

"Well, Illeria is on trial, not me." Anika insists. "I'd have a jab at it if she decides to go back, but apparently she's not so I guess that's it." She runs her hand through her hair. "So can we go now?"

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

"They're blaming you for the whole thing as well, actually," Wenomir says. "And calling you to court. Which strikes me as a propaganda move." He shrugs. "I'll let you two decide how to approach that, since I can't tell Illeria what to do, anyway. You need a way to report to me and Cessie when we need it, but that can wait. For now, that's all."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Illeria frowns, but says, "If that's all, then, I don't suppose you have a place for me to sleep? I don't exactly have housing right now."

17. - Top - End - #587

[Commander's Village]

Anika gives Illeria a friendly pat on the back. "You could always sleep in my bunk otherwise." She jokes, or does she?

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Wenomir shrugs.

"We've got enough room to put you up for the night. Either in a common bunkroom or with Anika, whichever you prefer."

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Illeria raises one long eyebrow at Anika, then winces at the thought of a common bunk room. Struggling for a moment, she makes up her mind and says, "If it's all the same to you, I'd prefer to sleep with Anika."

20. - Top - End - #590

[Commander's Village]

Anika raises her hands into the air. "Woo! Sleep over!" She exclaims jokingly. "I'll go and prepare the bed right away." She smiles. "So how would her highness prefer it?" She makes a quick bow before Illeria.

Meanwhile, Wenomir can see Cessie silently entering the room, closing the door behind her without a word. She appears to be waiting for something.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

"See me in the morning about a phone or other means of communication," Wenomir says. He will not let Anika weasel her way out of this. He turns to Cessie when she enters, inquiringly.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Old Vigil Ruins]

At least, he's hoping that it's only ruins, a once-smoking crater left after a vast magical catastrophe.

The demons could have done something much worse with the place.

Quite a while after meeting Reinholdt in the ocean base, Arlem manages to find time for the next phase of the plan. Their best, most hopeful guess is that the soul jars are just...buried here, forgotten by everyone. All that's necessary is to find them and pretend this never happened.
    A particularly fluffy giant spider scuttles towards where the base used to be. A shame that he never really got used to it while it was still standing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Clinic]

"Churned butter? Er, I think so. Ithiki import all sorts of human products, and if I learned anything is that humans do all sort of awesome things with cow milk. They're crazy about those critters. So if they make butter from it, they are sure to make 'churned butter', I just can't place the name right now..."

Suddenly, one of the goblins behind the camera is gesturing something, and whispers something in the mic.

"Er, I think that was the last question. Thank you for your time, Xavouir. it has been a pleasure talking to you."
    Likewise! says Xavouir.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

24. - Top - End - #594

[Clinic]

"And that's a wrap!" The goblin behind the camera declares.

"Great! That will go pretty well with some editing." Amy then turns back to Xavouir. "So, anything you want to ask or comment about the interview? It should be released along with the rest of the first part of the series in just a few days!"

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Clinic

Series? Xavouir asks.

26. - Top - End - #596

Clinic

"Oh yeah, don't you know that we're producing a series about VIGIL? Kind of a documentary." Amy explains. "This interview will be a part of it. Pretty cool, huh? You will be on TV!"

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Shuttle

Gary walks into the VIGIL Shuttle. After it parks, he says to the nearest person "Hello, my name is Corporal Gary Davidson of the 4th Infantry Division, except that there's no way I can exactly return to that now. I heard that you offer jobs to people who want to maintain order and security here. Are there any job positions open?"

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    He is wearing a uniform and has an M1 Garand with a bayonet slung over his shoulder. On his back, he is wearing a backpackand on his sleeves are various insignia, but the most notable is one that looks like a green compass with what appears to be a blunted 5 pointed star on each end that is on his right arm. In a holster, he is carrying a 1911 and on his head he is wearing a green M1 helmet. He has black hair and brown eyes and.

((Sorry, I forgot about that, I edited my post accordingly.))
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-10-01 at 07:15 PM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

[Shuttles]

Vigil doesn't have an entrance, as such. As the first post of the thread clearly explains, the base is located on an island. Shuttles are provided to ferry people there, which Gary can use. This will bring him to the island's surface, where he can wait for a leader or member to talk to him.

29. - Top - End - #599

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Shuttle

Gary walks into the VIGIL Shuttle. After it parks, he says to the nearest person "Hello, my name is Corporal Gary Davidson of the 4th Infantry Division, except that there's no way I can exactly return to that now. I heard that you offer jobs to people who want to maintain order and security here. Are there any job positions open?"

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    He is wearing a uniform and has an M1 Garand with a bayonet slung over his shoulder. On his back, he is wearing a backpackand on his sleeves are various insignia, but the most notable is one that looks like a green compass with what appears to be a blunted 5 pointed star on each end that is on his right arm. In a holster, he is carrying a 1911 and on his head he is wearing a green M1 helmet. He has black hair and brown eyes and.

((Sorry, I forgot about that, I edited my post accordingly.))
    Shuttle

It appears that Mia is here wearing a mechanic outfit. She was chekcing up the shuttles, which is as a priestress of a machine god a very normal task. She looks at the man a bit confused.

"I don't think you can call it job. It's more like a membership." she replies to the men.
    "It might include fighting demons and maybe other stuff. Depending on your abilities."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Shuttle

It appears that Mia is here wearing a mechanic outfit. She was chekcing up the shuttles, which is as a priestress of a machine god a very normal task. She looks at the man a bit confused.

"I don't think you can call it job. It's more like a membership." she replies to the men.
    "It might include fighting demons and maybe other stuff. Depending on your abilities."
    Gary says "If it'll allow me to have food to eat and a place to stay, I'd like to sign up. I've never physically fought a demon before, but I've learned to stay alive in a fight during my time in the army, and I've also somehow picked up some strange abilities." He pauses as he thinks about how to explain them. "I had a friend in the army, thought himself to be a real intellectual. He said that there were these people in the middle ages called alchemists who were trying to find a way to turn lead into gold with this thing called the philosopher's stone. Call me crazy, but I think that when I came over to this world I think I had the philosopher's stone become a part of me." He pulls a .30-06 round out of a pocket on the front of his uniform and says "Check this out." After about a second, the lead bullet turns into silver. "I don't know how useful a silver bullet can be, but I can turn things into different things like this."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-10-06 at 09:40 PM.