New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

[Wenomir's Home]

"Being trapped in a skull for Riddle knows how long can't have done wonders for her sanity," Wenomir agrees, then continues, his expression turning into a smirk: "Vigorous exercises in the nude sound impractical... unless we had some comfortable padding. Good luck on the beach, though."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-12-07 at 02:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    MERC keeps track of tomb-robbers? I guess that would make sense, in their business.
    Arlem nods and disappears, teleported away.

Come now, Mia. Surely you know that the Nexus has new kingdoms and warlords in it every week. You gotta work hard to keep up with who they all are. Though this Queen has been around for years. She's a demon, of course. One of the first 'people' (and I use that term loosely) transformed by Cuthun in the Nexus. Long enough ago to develop radical opinions about the whole demon thing.
    Sophia shrugs (with all four arms). "Eh. I'd prefer not. Wenomir doesn't much like me. We're on the same side, but that only goes so far. Besides, swords are heresy anyway. I shouldn't have been looking at them." Chagrined, she slinks a short distance away from Mia, ambling over to a punching bag and settling into a somewhat sloppy fighting stance.
    Demons have done her no good latly. Or at least in the Destruction of the Watchtower event. He god might teach her to treat everyone neutral unless they act against you, but she is a human and can't ignore it.

Mia wonders and is confused. If she got on bad terms with Wenomir Mia is even more alerted. Also why ask if you shouldn't even look at it. Mia will feel uncomfortable while Sophia is around and she will keep an eye on her. sadly that makes her training hard or better said she doesn't train very hard at all.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Training Grounds]

Sophia sets to practicing with the punching bag, repeating the old one-two-three-four. It's clear that she has basically no idea what she's doing, but at least it's exercise. And under the additional strain of remaining visible the whole time. That'll toughen you up.
    She tries striking up a conversation with Mia in between sets.
    "You might -huh- wonder why I even asked about swords, if I'm not supposed to use them."
    "Of all the flights of angels at the queen's command, mine is basically the weakest, physically. Sure, I got teeth, but not like an Archer has teeth."
    "I thought maybe I could learn, as an accomplished fact. Get more dangerous, more useful, and they might accept the weapons, despite being unconventional."
    "It was a dumb idea."

But despite decrying it as a dumb idea, she's still practicing her punches and strikes.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-12-07 at 12:38 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

Ilpholin stops mid-step to raise an eyebrow at Wenomir. Was that... was that an attempt to flirt? Or was he just being hypothetical? She honestly can't tell. His expression suggested it might be the former, but his farewell indicated it was nothing more than contemplated practicality.

No wait, she needs to remember who she's talking to. Wenomir doesn't flirt. Even if that smirk is unnerving. "Right, yes, well, beds and all. Take care," Ilpholin says as she hurries out of the room. She had intended to bring up Xavouir on her way out, but that can wait until any other time than this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

((This post is mainly just to keep my character from disappearing, but anyone can interact with him if you want))

[Barracks]

Gary sits at a vacant bunk, checking his gear and reading up on the Nexus with some information he found. He quietly sings to himself while performing these tasks.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

6. - Top - End - #756

Default Re: [Training Grounds]

Sophia sets to practicing with the punching bag, repeating the old one-two-three-four. It's clear that she has basically no idea what she's doing, but at least it's exercise. And under the additional strain of remaining visible the whole time. That'll toughen you up.
    She tries striking up a conversation with Mia in between sets.
    "You might -huh- wonder why I even asked about swords, if I'm not supposed to use them."
    "Of all the flights of angels at the queen's command, mine is basically the weakest, physically. Sure, I got teeth, but not like an Archer has teeth."
    "I thought maybe I could learn, as an accomplished fact. Get more dangerous, more useful, and they might accept the weapons, despite being unconventional."
    "It was a dumb idea."

But despite decrying it as a dumb idea, she's still practicing her punches and strikes.
    [Training Grounds]

Mia has obviously lessen her training.
    "It's not dumb." She replies. " I just can't teach you and I have to admit I got an odd feeling around you. Especially since you are not what I know under the term 'angel'."

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    ((This post is mainly just to keep my character from disappearing, but anyone can interact with him if you want))

[Barracks]

Gary sits at a vacant bunk, checking his gear and reading up on the Nexus with some information he found. He quietly sings to himself while performing these tasks.
    [Barracks]

A nearly seven feet tall purple elf wanders by. "Hey, singing guy, have you seen a big staff laying around here somewhere? I seem to have misplaced mine." If they met before, she doesn't seem to remember him. "It's shaped like a long twig? Really fancy."

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia has obviously lessen her training.
    "It's not dumb." She replies. " I just can't teach you and I have to admit I got an odd feeling around you. Especially since you are not what I know under the term 'angel'."
    "You were expecting a glowing halo and white feathery wings?"
    Sophia smiles, the motion more visible in the way her cheekbones move than in the set of her jaws.
    "Unlike many of the spirits called angels, we weren't designed to be pretty to humans. But I think several of the metaphors are apt all the same."
    "'Be not afraid', Ms. Mechanicus. A classic line, and it applies just fine to us."

She doesn't let up her flurry of strikes against the punching bag. Good at multitasking, apparently.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-12-12 at 11:52 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Barracks]

A nearly seven feet tall purple elf wanders by. "Hey, singing guy, have you seen a big staff laying around here somewhere? I seem to have misplaced mine." If they met before, she doesn't seem to remember him. "It's shaped like a long twig? Really fancy."
    Gary stands up surprised, not initially noticing the elf. "No ma'am, I haven't seen any staff around here. Would you like my help in looking for it? I'm not doing anything right now, so you won't be keeping me from doing anything."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

10. - Top - End - #760

[Barracks]

As he turns around, she quickly looks at him up and down. "Maybe, but who are you exactly? Have we met before? I can't exactly place you..." One of her overly long eyebrow raises as she stares down at him.

11. - Top - End - #761

"You were expecting a glowing halo and white feathery wings?"
    Sophia smiles, the motion more visible in the way her cheekbones move than in the set of her jaws.
    "Unlike many of the spirits called angels, we weren't designed to be pretty to humans. But I think several of the metaphors are apt all the same."
    "'Be not afraid', Ms. Mechanicus. A classic line, and it applies just fine to us."

She doesn't let up her flurry of strikes against the punching bag. Good at multitasking, apparently.

[Training Grounds]

"A bit," Mia admits. "The angels and devils in our world are a bit different then those here, but they still look as different as possible."
    Living in a World with two sides nature vs machines, the devils are likly creatures of the woods while the angels are shining fighter of Deus mechanicus.
    While talking Mia prepares to end her training.

12. - Top - End - #762

"A bit," Mia admits. "The angels and devils in our world are a bit different then those here, but they still look as different as possible."
    Living in a World with two sides nature vs machines, the devils are likely creatures of the woods while the angels are shining fighter of Deus mechanicus.
    While talking Mia prepares to end her training.
    Sophia pauses her practice to shrug.
    "The way we look is not a priority. Essential function over form."
    "Did they stay in your world? Or - have some of the angels and devils of your god followed you here?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

As he turns around, she quickly looks at him up and down. "Maybe, but who are you exactly? Have we met before? I can't exactly place you..." One of her overly long eyebrow raises as she stares down at him.
    Gary says "I'm Corporal Gary Davidson of the Fourth Infantry, United States Army. I wandered here to a tavern called Trog's a little while ago after being teleported here during a fight some area between France and Belgium called Ardennes. You've probably never heard of the place, because it's not here. I'm from a planet called Earth, but I'm here now and I don't know why. By the way, I never asked you something. What's your name?"

14. - Top - End - #764

[Barracks]

That was certainly a lot of names, none of she could place. Certainly sounded fantastical though.
    She offers her hand. "Anika Sunfletcher. Druid of the wild, from Auberdine." She introduces herself, though she had been know by other titles, she didn't care much for those.

"Military person, huh? Is it true that most human soldiers are male? I mean, you're from a different world and all, but humans seem pretty similar wherever you go."

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

That was certainly a lot of names, none of she could place. Certainly sounded fantastical though.
    She offers her hand. "Anika Sunfletcher. Druid of the wild, from Auberdine." She introduces herself, though she had been know by other titles, she didn't care much for those.

"Military person, huh? Is it true that most human soldiers are male? I mean, you're from a different world and all, but humans seem pretty similar wherever you go."
    Gary seems confused by the question, as if Anika should already know the answer "You're correct. All soldiers are male. Women have always been exempt from the draft and gave never had to fight. Well, that is if you don't count the Russians. They have female soldiers, but I think that everyone there is considered part of the military. In fact, I don't know how true it is because I've never seen them myself, but I heard from a friend that heard from one of our commanding officers that the Soviets have a whole bomber regiment entirely of women. They say the Germans call them the nacht hexen , whatever that means."

16. - Top - End - #766

[Barracks]

"Ah, that explains why some humans have female soldiers, but not all of them do. I mean, my people were the other way around for a long time. Only women were allowed to join the military while men were meant for more, erm, intellectual pursuits. But as far as I can tell, we're the only elves who had that system. I think the Sin'dorei were a bit like you with only male soldiers. So what did the women do in your societies if they didn't become soldiers?" Humans did have more children, which meant that their women would spend more time pregnant. So maybe that's why they weren't commonly soldiers? She was only guessing of course.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

"Ah, that explains why some humans have female soldiers, but not all of them do. I mean, my people were the other way around for a long time. Only women were allowed to join the military while men were meant for more, erm, intellectual pursuits. But as far as I can tell, we're the only elves who had that system. I think the Sin'dorei were a bit like you with only male soldiers. So what did the women do in your societies if they didn't become soldiers?" Humans did have more children, which meant that their women would spend more time pregnant. So maybe that's why they weren't commonly soldiers? She was only guessing of course.
    Gary asks "During war? Well, usually, they were asked to take care of the kids and home. Keep the home fires burning, you know? They are also usually asked to conserve certain foods, buy war bonds, recycle metal, that kind of stuff. In this war, since we need all the men and boys we can get fighting, they are also working in the factories. Most of our guns, tanks, planes, uniforms, and other equipment were probably made by girls."

18. - Top - End - #768

Sophia pauses her practice to shrug.
    "The way we look is not a priority. Essential function over form."
    "Did they stay in your world? Or - have some of the angels and devils of your god followed you here?"

Mia ends her training while they speak, wraping her sword and repairing the doll.
    "Not that I know." Mia says. "The fight at my world is still going on and sending out one person is more then both sides can afford."

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Gary asks "During war? Well, usually, they were asked to take care of the kids and home. Keep the home fires burning, you know? They are also usually asked to conserve certain foods, buy war bonds, recycle metal, that kind of stuff. In this war, since we need all the men and boys we can get fighting, they are also working in the factories. Most of our guns, tanks, planes, uniforms, and other equipment were probably made by girls."
    [Barracks]

"Makes sense, men back home were doing stuff like that too. Including druidism and stuff. You practice that? Since your people seem more like arcane users to me." She figured that was a fair assessment. Most humans seemed to be inclined to become wizards, with the exception of those Gilnean's of course.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

"Makes sense, men back home were doing stuff like that too. Including druidism and stuff. You practice that? Since your people seem more like arcane users to me." She figured that was a fair assessment. Most humans seemed to be inclined to become wizards, with the exception of those Gilnean's of course.
    Gary chuckles for a little bit "I just found out magic exists. I guess about 200 years ago the debate whether magic was real was taken seriously, but not many people believe in magic like you guys use it. I guess the closest thing we have to magic is that technological advancements have made a pretty long way, especially now. For the first time in history, people are seeing things like tanks, fighter planes, and automatic weapons. The war before the one I was in introduced these things, and it changed everything. Before then, I guess warfare was pretty similar to what your society has now. Men meeting each other in fields to fight, not having to worry what was above or below you, just in front. Things changed fast, war is mechanized now. It's pretty easy to kill a whole bunch of people and never see them. We ended up making huge machines to use to fight." Gary pauses for a second and ponders what he says "I'm sorry, I don't think I answered your question. No, we don't practice druidism, and neither do I. Don't get me wrong, religion is important where I come from. It's just not used to cast spells."

21. - Top - End - #771

[Barracks]

"Oh, so you're like the gnomes! That's kinda funny. Gnomes are tiny people that are usually made fun of for their height, but they're completely brilliant, and they don't practice much religion or magic either either as far as I know. You sound like you make super-deadly weapons, just like they do." She gestures towards his gun. "That, uh, blunderbuss you're using looks very similiar to their weapons. My people just used bows, spears and staffs since they though it 'brought them closer to nature' or something. A lot of my people aren't terribly smart unfortunately."

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

"Oh, so you're like the gnomes! That's kinda funny. Gnomes are tiny people that are usually made fun of for their height, but they're completely brilliant, and they don't practice much religion or magic either either as far as I know. You sound like you make super-deadly weapons, just like they do." She gestures towards his gun. "That, uh, blunderbuss you're using looks very similiar to their weapons. My people just used bows, spears and staffs since they though it 'brought them closer to nature' or something. A lot of my people aren't terribly smart unfortunately."
    "Well, I guess you're kind of right." says Gary. "But religion is important to a lot of us, at least where I'm from. I guess it's not so much for other places. However, I've never really left the small town I grew up in until recently, so I'm not completely sure. It's just that we don't pray to get spells. I guess you're sort of right. Also, this gun here isn't a blunderbuss, it's a rifle known as the M1 Garand. It's a rifle designed by a guy of the same name and produced by Springfield Armory. I'm guessing that you're more familiar with single shot weapons, am I correct? This isn't single shot. In fact, it's an 8 round self loading rifle that is loaded by putting the 30 Caliber rounds in an En-Bloc clip and then putting it in this spot on the top." Gary points to the bolt. "In my world, guns don't have a single shot, or have to be muzzle loaded. There are some guns that can fire hundreds of rounds without needing to be reloaded. If your people decided to go up against even the worst armed participants of this war, I'm pretty sure your non magical forces would be completely destroyed, bows simply haven't been a viable method of combat for probably 500 years I'm guessing. But I'm no history buff, so I don't know exactly."

23. - Top - End - #773

Mia ends her training while they speak, wrapping her sword and repairing the doll.
    "Not that I know." Mia says. "The fight at my world is still going on and sending out one person is more then both sides can afford."
    Sophia nods.
    "I know how that feels."
    Noting that Mia appears to be leaving, she resumes her magical stealth. No one there, probably it's just the wind disturbing that punching bag, right? Right.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #774

[Barracks]

"Not surprised, my people are mostly hunters. We have had little advancements thanks to everyone being terrified of demons or somesuch. My people basically believe demons are going to eat them if they invent new things, so instead they 'attune to nature', instead." Bit of a exaggeration, but it certainly felt like that sometimes. "So your people are much better on that front it seems. If my people had that sort of weapons, they wouldn't even need to be afraid of demons anymore."

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

"Not surprised, my people are mostly hunters. We have had little advancements thanks to everyone being terrified of demons or somesuch. My people basically believe demons are going to eat them if they invent new things, so instead they 'attune to nature', instead." Bit of a exaggeration, but it certainly felt like that sometimes. "So your people are much better on that front it seems. If my people had that sort of weapons, they wouldn't even need to be afraid of demons anymore."
    "I'm no religious authority, but I don't think tanks, planes, and rifles can fight demons. That's one of the reasons a lot of us practice religion: we ask for protection from things we can't protect ourselves from. I don't know how much people pray outside of my hometown in Nebraska, but I know that in France and the Pacific there's a lot of soldiers praying to get through the next day. That doesn't mean all of them pray, I have a few friends that aren't too fond of religion. However, if there was an infernal invasion, we would stand no chance. That is unless I'm wrong about what hurts a demon and we stopped fighting with each other."

26. - Top - End - #776

[Barracks]

That answer seem to confound Anika. "I guess we're not talking about the same type of demons then. The ones I know about didn't have anything to do with religion. They were more like... aliens, I suppose. Like monsters from other dimensions? That's what I saw them compared to at least. But your world sounds kinda rough, constant wars, huh?"

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

That answer seem to confound Anika. "I guess we're not talking about the same type of demons then. The ones I know about didn't have anything to do with religion. They were more like... aliens, I suppose. Like monsters from other dimensions? That's what I saw them compared to at least. But your world sounds kinda rough, constant wars, huh?"
    "Yeah, but we occasionally get breaks from people trying to take over the world or leaders trying to settle political strife. We had around 20 years of peace between this war and the last. Well, I shouldn't say peace. First, there was 10 years of a massive uptick in organized crime and corruption, and then afterwards 10 years of almost global economic collapse. We're only getting out of that last one because of the war we're in. But yes, you can look all throughout our history, and you will see men fighting each other. What's even more ironic is that the war my dad was a part of was supposed to be the water to end all wars. It ended up starting the one I was fighting." Gary's voice starts sounding as if he's trying laugh it off, but slowly gets more grim sounding.

28. - Top - End - #778

[Barracks]

That did sound pretty grim. War wasn't something she was a stranger to though.
    "Yeah... you must feel pretty great about ending up in the nexus then I'm guessing? I mean, things aren't perfect around here but there haven't been any real wars as far as I know." Besides those other demons... and those KABAL people... "Lot of nice people around here."

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

That did sound pretty grim. War wasn't something she was a stranger to though.
    "Yeah... you must feel pretty great about ending up in the nexus then I'm guessing? I mean, things aren't perfect around here but there haven't been any real wars as far as I know." Besides those other demons... and those KABAL people... "Lot of nice people around here."
    Gary smiles and says "Yeah, but it still seems like you guys have a problem with monsters and stuff. That's why I signed up with VIGIL, I wanted to make sure others wouldn't have to fight, and make up for the stupid ideas I had that led me to becoming a soldier, although it might have turned out for the better."

30. - Top - End - #780

[Barracks]

"It isn't just monsters and stuff, trust me. Ever been to Inside? In some areas, people are poor and starving, living on drugs. That's partly why I joined up actually, while it's okay to sleep in animal form, actual beds are nice and there is no way I'm paying money to stay there." And VIGIL provided beds and paid money, right?