New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia crosses her arms and taps her foot. She's getting impatient!

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

"Either she is staying with one of you, or she stays with me while you ask your questions." Shanti counters straightening her back as she stares defiantly at Wenomir and Anika.
    She looks rather furious, baring her teeth like a angry animal. "So now you suddenly don't trust us? You've trusted us to keep you safe all this time."
    "You don't trust me, at all." She gestures at the chain around her neck. "I'm essentially a political prisoner at this point."
    "****ing yeah! The moment we leave you out of sight, you does Elune know what to a sacred well to create some snake-child out of it!" She gestures wildly at Natharia without actually looking at her.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir is outwardly calmer than Anika, even if deep down he's just as angry.

"We rescued you and protected you. In return, you did something reckless behind our backs. But I will not allow an innocent child to come to harm on my watch."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

As Anika gestures so rudely at Natharia, faster than the blink of an eye one of her snakes lunges at the elf's hand and tries to bite her.

5. - Top - End - #1025

[Near the Moonwell]

Anika's comment make Shanti frown. "Reckless? You don't even know what I did, isn't that why you're here? I've been preparing for this for a long time-"
    Then she is interrupted by Anika screaming as one of Natharia's snakes bites her in the finger.
    "****ING ****!" She roars as she steps away from the gorgon.
    Shanti's expression once again become an unreadable mask as she steps in-between Natharia and the other two. "Don't hurt her."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Anger flashes on Wenomir's face as he has to hold back his instincts, which tell him to strike back. But his self-control takes over in a heartbeat as he raises his hands. He speaks slowly, through gritted teeth.

"I am not going to hurt a child." Nathari seems rather aggressive, but it's hardly her fault. "Or allow her to come to harm. But you have to work with us here. You know you're not safe, and you can't endanger her as well. Are you okay, Anika?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

"Stop being mean to us!" The little gorgon says balefully. Her snakes are all hissing again, looking about ready to strike at the next person to upset her.

8. - Top - End - #1028

[Near the Moonwell]

Anika says nothing, instead just uttering a groan as she collapses to the ground.
    "Its not lethal." Shanti is quick to insist, or at least she believed it wasn't...

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Steve heads up to the base and, before entering the main area everyone is, hesays "Hello, members of VIGIL. I'm Steve, we fought together recently and now I need your help again."

((I will post my character sheet if anyone requests it))
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Invasion]

As the ship continues approaching, the loudspeakers in the base suddenly calls out. "Identify yourself or be shoot down. This will be your only warning."
    The alarm is also going of as the personnel of VIGIL scrambles to man the defenses.
    Needless to say, the ship isn't responding and in response, the defenders have activated several cannons that spits a flaming substance towards the ship.
    However, it suddenly speeds up, just barely avoiding the first streams fired towards it. But the defenders are will be ready to fire again in just a moment.
    [The Invasion]

Alright. The vault looks safe for now. Hmm. Rein could stay here and wait for the invaders to get this far. But if they get this far normally, everything's probably already over. Of course, it'd be good to stay here just in case they teleport in or something. But Vigil's bound to have protection over that. And if the attackers were going to do that, wouldn't they start with that? So it would be better to move up to the surface and stop them at an entrance choke point. Oh, but what if they use regular camouflage techniques like invisibility to sneak by him while he's away from his post? On the other hand, waiting around for the worst never helped anyone. Rein definitely preferred a more proactive approach to solving problems.

Eventually he settles on moving past the vault and back towards the surface of the island, pulling out and prepping a sniper rifle along the way. Sometimes it's good to go back to the classics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

Steve heads up to the base and, before entering the main area everyone is, hesays "Hello, members of VIGIL. I'm Steve, we fought together recently and now I need your help again."

Arden stands a few feet back behind Steve. Silent curious eyes survey the landscape. He stands tall even as he shifts his weight heavily from one leg to the other. Intrigue sets upon his lips as he combs his full thick beard with his bare hand. His appearance was that of pure casual nonchalance, a simple man simply being. Long dirty blonde hair hung just above his shoulders. His clothes plain and basic, also he carried no other items or attire.
    Despite this, his physique and skin were both clearly battle hardened, and despite his relaxed demeanour his mind was quickly devouring all that was fed into it as he habitually subconsciously analysed everything.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Dave follows, trying to hide his wonder at what he sees (and not doing a good job). He's not sure if he should be doing the talking or not, but figures that Steve knows what to do.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Steve and his entourage will eventually be directed to Wenomir, who recognizes the paladin from the temple raid. All three will see a tall warrior with tanned skin covered heavily in scars, and hair so dark it's almost black. His brown eyes have a strangely unmoving expression. He's wearing a black surcoat with the Vigil logo and a chain shirt underneath.

"Steve. What brings you here again? And who's this with you?"

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir moves like a snake on a hot rock, catching Anika before she hits the ground and quickly checking her pulse and breathing. Concern, anger and fear are all struggling over his face.

"You had better hope it's not," he says, not looking at Shanti. "I'm going to call for help now. You'll come with us to Vigil."

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia's eyes go wide and she quiets immediately. She didn't expect that to happen.

15. - Top - End - #1035

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir manages to catch Anika, and feel that she indeed still has a pulse and is breathing, indeed, she still appears conscious despite collapsing.
    Then Shanti approaches, lifting her hands as to show that she is unarmed. "I'm probably the best help you can get, I know more about snake venom than anyone else. For one, I can tell you that the venom likely is magical in nature considering how fast it worked. This makes me think that Natharias poison might just be the same as Dena's..." She looks closely at Anika who seems kind out of it, as if she were on some kind of drug.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir breathes with relief a little, but doesn't relax a whole lot. Supporting Anika isn't easy, since she's taller than he is.

"Fascinating. Now how do we fix it? Is there an antidote?"

17. - Top - End - #1037

[Near the Moonwell]

"As I said, I have been preparing for this for a long time, so I have made a antidote. Sadly, it got lost in the KABAL attack. However, I could make a new bath, but the poison will only last about six hours and gathering the reagents would probably take at least a day." Shanti explains.
    Then Anika stirs. "Wenomir, we should sleep..." She slurs, smiling goofily.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia stays very quiet for now. She has a bad feeling that she's in trouble and doesn't want to draw any more attention to herself.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir decides to ignore Anika's drug-induced comments for now.

"So all I need to do is find her a place to lie down for six hours?" Sounds too good to be true.

20. - Top - End - #1040

[Near the Moonwell]

Shanti nods. "In theory yes, but the condition is not without its dangers however. If its indeed the same poison as Dena's... She strokes her chin thoughtfully. "Let me test something." Shanti looks at Anika. "Anika, tell me what you did in the moonwell with Wenomir."

"We ****ed!" The druid exclaims with a giddy tone. "He first came down on me! He was so caring-"

Shanti raises her hand in protest. "Yeah, I don't need the details. The cult leader looks at Wenomir. "That should prove my point though, she is basically a open book right now."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-04-07 at 04:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

Steve and his entourage will eventually be directed to Wenomir, who recognizes the paladin from the temple raid. All three will see a tall warrior with tanned skin covered heavily in scars, and hair so dark it's almost black. His brown eyes have a strangely unmoving expression. He's wearing a black surcoat with the Vigil logo and a chain shirt underneath.

"Steve. What brings you here again? And who's this with you?"
    Steve says "It's nice to talk to you again Wenomir. This is Dave and Arden. Dave came from a village that was recently ransacked by a group of bandits, or so Dave thinks. While the bandits do not need to be killed, I would like to request help from VIGIL to help bring these bandits to justice. While wiping out their forces is an option, I was hoping that first we could attempt to surround them with superior numbers and firepower and ask them to surrender."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

"Sounds good to me."

Quin follows Kalya carefully, doing his best not to alarm anyone due to his size and rather odd appearance. He seems to be taking in the sights in a wide-eyed manner, almost like that of a child at a museum, though he doesn't seem inclined to ask questions just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    VIGIL Skybase

Iamar steps forward and meets the buckler with her forearm. It smarts, but pain is pain. She knows where Kal's sword is thanks to the parry, and aims to kick low at his shin to knock him off balance. If that didn't work, she could always go for a headbutt.
    [VIGIL Skybase]

"Well, you've seen the training grounds," says Kalya, gesturing back in the direction of Iamar and Kal's sparring match. "Aside from the practice rings and target ranges, I know Commander Wenomir is peculiarly fond of constructing elaborate obstacle courses." She looks at the robot. "Though... I don't know how necessary it will be for you to train the same way we do." She admits.

"Ahead is the Academy. You'll find most of the useful non-residential buildings on the base there." she says, leading Quin further up the island towards a complex of blocky, dome-topped buildings at the head of the lake that bisects the 'base' part of the island.

~~~~

Kal steps similarly forward, into the kick, refusing to let himself get knocked off balance. With the momentum of his push forward with the buckler, and also being larger than Iamar, he's perfectly happy to play a shoving match with her, and continues to push further, looking to see what she does on the defense.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2018-04-07 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #1043

NinjaGuy

[VIGIL Skybase]

Quin follows, examining the buildings as Kalya points them out.

"Academy? What do they teach here?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Barbarian in the Playground

VIGIL Skybase

Iamar is stronger than her stature suggests, but Kal is still able to push her back with relative ease. She takes two steps backward, considering her options. Rather than her initial idea of a headbutt, she steps around to Kal's side with a quick turn. At the same time, she quickly lets go of her sword's hilt, only to grasp it by the dull side of its blade, looking to take advantage of her own turning momentum to thwack Kal on the side of his head or neck with the hilt of the shamshir.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia looks past Shanti and gives Anika a perplexed look. She didn't know what to expect from her own snakes, but this is just weird.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir's face goes bright red, then sickly pale and he has the look of complete and utter mortification on his face.

"Wh- I- don't ask her that!" he blurts out. "Just- can we get her something so she can sleep it off? Then you can answer my questions while she's asleep."

27. - Top - End - #1047

[Near the Moonwell]

"Did I say something wrong, Wenomir?" Anika slurs. "I am sorry! I'm such a embarrassment..."
    "I could produce something like that, sure." Shanti replies, ignoring Anika and Wenomir's lamentations. "Just give me access to some of the bases equipment and I could whip something up. It won't take long."

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia tugs on Shanti's arm. "Are we gonna see the flying building?" She asks, because it's sounding like not...

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir takes a deep breath and counts to ten. He doesn't really trust Shanti to muck about in one of the base's workshops. But if he keeps an eye on her, he can make sure whatever she prepares is harmless. And he can't let her or Natharia leave before he has some answers.

"No, Anika, it's fine. You just need to get some sleep. I'm going to call for some transport and we can all go to the island."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Steve says "It's nice to talk to you again Wenomir. This is Dave and Arden. Dave came from a village that was recently ransacked by a group of bandits, or so Dave thinks. While the bandits do not need to be killed, I would like to request help from VIGIL to help bring these bandits to justice. While wiping out their forces is an option, I was hoping that first we could attempt to surround them with superior numbers and firepower and ask them to surrender."
    Arden who had since been gazing at the supposed leader of the base with a judgemental glare finally chimes in.
    "Wenomir." he said followed by a pause. Calling attention to himself as he tasted the mans name.
    "Well, what sort a man you be?" The question was short, sharp and blunt. All the whilst his gaze never faltered, an intrigue of curiosity judging this mans every slight action. Staring intently and unapolagetically at him like someone trying to read fine print from far away.