New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

Training Grounds

Iamar mulls the words over for a moment. Of course she would rather fight than just let the crusaders take her home, that much was a given. "I only did what any who were sound of body would do.We were provoked into battle."

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Really? I can think of able-bodied people who would do nothing of the sort," Wenomir says. "Some would have run. Some would have submit. Others, if they wanted to resist, would do it through subterfuge or trickery, rather than combat. But you took a sword and fought. That was a choice. And you made it for a reason."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Landing Pad]

Unusually, a shuttle has just come up today with a visitor to VIGIL. Instead of the normal sort of visitor however - that of a weak farmer or sniveling person looking for someone to save them - this one is clearly combat capable. On her hip sits a large katana, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice, her metallic arms and legs (clearly cybernetic) moving her with purpose towards the central buildings of the floating island VIGIL has its base on. She has a mess of dark blue hair on her head, and stands well above most people - it's unclear whether her curves are the result of the same kind of augmentation as her limbs (certainly, it wouldn't have been hard to flare out the hips) but in addition to her height she's not a small woman in any respect either. A scar runs over the right side of her face, beneath her right eye.

For her clothing, she wears a pair of tight fitting shorts that end mid-thigh, showing off her cybernetic legs, and her top primarily consists of a leather jacket and tanktop combo - it's not hard to see her hands being of the same make as her legs. The tall cyborg immediately starts looking around, trying to find someone that looks like they know what they're doing here. Once she does, she asks them, "Hey, do you know where Wenomir is?"

Once thus directed (likely by an NPC), she'll knock on Wenomir's door, leaning up against the doorframe. Whether it's a house or an office depends on where Wenomir is right now.
    Last edited by Halae; 2018-08-20 at 01:01 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

Wenomir will wait for the newcomer in front of his house, watching her impassively with his arms folded across his chest.

"They tell me you're here to duel me," he says, matter-of-factly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

"Sort of. I came here to size you up," the cyborg says, clearly looking at Wenomir's arms and legs, "No augs. I'm surprised. Most people would find ways to improve their body," she steps around Wenomir, looking him over (though her eyes linger briefly on his rear), "For the best swordsman in the Nexus, you don't really look like much."

6. - Top - End - #1296

Training Ground

"Of course there was a reason. I already possessed some measure of strength, from working at our farm. It wasn't a leap to take a sword. I'm... just not seeing what else there can be." Iamar is frustrated, but more at herself than Wenomir. Were her thoughts really that simple?

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

As they talk a tall purple woman in a brightly colored patched together dress opens what appears to be the bathroom door. Her teal colored curly hair is still wet from what likely is a shower, the bathroom still steamy. "Well, you don't look like much either, missy." She remarks with an accusatory stare at the cyborg, apparently having overheard part of the conversation.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

"You, size me up? You don't lack for confidence," Wenomir observes, but his quip masks an altogether less humorous feeling. "If I am, as you say, the best swordsman without replacing my arms and legs with something, then maybe doing that isn't actually necessary. How would you fare without someone else augmenting you, I wonder. Would you be worthy of facing me?"

[Training Ground]

"Wasn't a leap, you say. So do you think you're the same person now as you were then?" Wenomir asks, seemingly just idly probing.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

The cyborg leans back slightly, one arm resting on the hilt of her blade, "I don't see how that's relevant. In a real fight, the only thing that matters is whether you survive the confrontation - that sense of honor about being all natural just seems stupid."

The cyborg gives a smirk to Anika, clearly guessing with more than a little confidence as to her reason for being in Wenomir's home. What a bitch.

10. - Top - End - #1300

Training Ground

"Is anyone ever the same person as they were in years past? Everyone changes over time. I merely had to change and adapt faster: first to war, and now to the Nexus." Iamar gives a pointed look to Wenomir. Just what was he getting at?

11. - Top - End - #1301

[Wenomirs Home]

Anika could point out flaws in that logic, but this was Wenomirs fight so she wasn’t going to try to argue for him.
    As for the smirk, she couldn’t help but to wonder what was so smirk-worthy. The fact Anika was getting something and she obviously wasn’t? Actually, yeah, that was actually smirk worthy.

Therefore, she smirks right back at the cyborg and moves to stand right beside Wenomir, wrapping her arm around his waist. The only way Wenomir was ever to screw the cyborg was by shoving the stick up her ass through her mouth.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

"And maybe being concerned about more than mere survival is what has allowed me to become what I am," Wenomir says, looking at the cyborg with a cool, judgemental eye. He lets Anika put her arm around him. "I have survived, despite my lack of augmentation. I could have enhanced myself in many different ways if I'd wanted. But instead I got to where I am through my own strength and support of my friends and allies."

[Training Ground]

Wenomir is silent for a moment, thinking deeply. Then, he asks:

"Aren't you proud of anything you've accomplished with those skills? Of learning them to begin with? You've protected your people and your home. Isn't that something to take pride in?

13. - Top - End - #1303

Training Ground

Now it's Iamar's turn to be silent. She looks from one of her hands, to her sword's hilt, then back to Wenomir. "I... do not know. Yes, my people and my home alike are safe. But to keep them that way, I killed. I watched people's lives fade from their eyes. I tell myself that they were invaders who deserved no mercy, but... can I really take pride in the blood on my hands?"

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Letter]

At some other time, a letter to Wenomir and Cessie will arrive from Dipsnig. Attached are Erasmus and Fayyaad's report on the Blade of Hope Removed, where to find it and its history.

((Relevant posts begin here.))
    When the leaders tell people about this, Alice will volunteer for the mission.

So they're working with MERC for this one, huh? Or is it more that the MERC members are going with or without them?

She has some doubts. The Blade of Hope Removed obviously can't fall into the wrong hands, but the angels seem to have been keeping people away - if through horrible methods - so far.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Ground]

"The blood on your hands... it never really washes out. Neither do the faces of those we kill," Wenomir says. Even if in his case, many memories are obscured by the red haze of demon blood. "But your skills... are more than that. I hope you can see that. They let you stand before the defenceless and those who would hurt them. That you were willing to kill to do it is also strength. Not everyone could."

16. - Top - End - #1306

[Somewhere]

Mia is sitting at one of the defence systems from the skybase. Looking focused at the machone she tries to get what's wrong here, since she needs to fix it. Her sword lays next to her. She can't remember if she was on the way to a lesson or maybe just finished one. her attention was on the problem at hand and on top of that the machine is so broken she can't make it talk.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1307

Training Grounds

Iamar closes her eyes, and tilts her head downwards. "I can't argue with you, I know this. I know I've been able to defend those who were unable to stand. For every life I have snuffed, there are others who have thanked me for saving them. I suppose if there were a reason for me to fight, it would be that - to ensure that the ones I defend can live the life of peace they deserve."

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Wenomirs Home]

Anika could point out flaws in that logic, but this was Wenomirs fight so she wasn’t going to try to argue for him.
    As for the smirk, she couldn’t help but to wonder what was so smirk-worthy. The fact Anika was getting something and she obviously wasn’t? Actually, yeah, that was actually smirk worthy.

Therefore, she smirks right back at the cyborg and moves to stand right beside Wenomir, wrapping her arm around his waist. The only way Wenomir was ever to screw the cyborg was by shoving the stick up her ass through her mouth.
    [Wenomir's Home]

"And maybe being concerned about more than mere survival is what has allowed me to become what I am," Wenomir says, looking at the cyborg with a cool, judgemental eye. He lets Anika put her arm around him. "I have survived, despite my lack of augmentation. I could have enhanced myself in many different ways if I'd wanted. But instead I got to where I am through my own strength and support of my friends and allies."
    [Wenomir's Home]

The cyborg rolls her eyes, "We're just going in circles at this point, and I didn't come here to argue." she looks over the pair, clearly amused by the situation. She has the air of someone completely confident in their abilities, and isn't bothered by someone being rude to them.

19. - Top - End - #1309

[Wenomirs Home]

"A duel it is then!" Anika exclaims. "I can heal up whoever gets injured, but I can't raise the dead so if you don't want me punching you in the soul for being so dumb, you better not kill one another."

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's Home]

"You know I can't just duel everyone who strolls up and challenges me," Wenomir says. "I carry the Answer, which has to be tested constantly. But what gives you the right to test yourself against it, and me? What have you accomplished with your sword?"

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir smiles slightly.

"I'm glad you've realized that. I hope it can lead you to think more about what I said. Maybe you can discover more reasons to fight and ways to fight."

21. - Top - End - #1311

Training Grounds

Iamar slowly nods towards Wenomir. "Perhaps. I do not know that I can fully come around to your point of view of a fight, but... at the very least, I can take to defending others with something more than mere resignation." With that, she has little left to say, and gets to what she had come here to do - to maintain her sword, and to practice her swing.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-08-31 at 03:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Somewhere]

Mia is sitting at one of the defence systems from the skybase. Looking focused at the machone she tries to get what's wrong here, since she needs to fix it. Her sword lays next to her. She can't remember if she was on the way to a lesson or maybe just finished one. her attention was on the problem at hand and on top of that the machine is so broken she can't make it talk.
    As Mia sits there, Wenomir comes over. He's wearing his training clothes and carrying a practice weapon.

"There you are, Mia. We're supposed to be having a lesson right now."

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

[Letter from a female admirer]

At some point a letter will be addressed to Wenomir (whether it actually makes it to him is a different story).

Spoiler: Contents of the letter
    Show

To the Owner of those Magnificent Abs,
    Men like you drive me wild. I want to have a herd of your grumpy, scar-faced babies.

From an Enthralled Admirer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #1314

[Entrance]

Stepping off a transport with a rather tired look about her, Blanche sets foot on the island with only a flicker of awe at the magical marvel before her. It was unusual, sure, but unusual was rapidly becoming the norm, and it had clearly stopped fazing the young veteran. Who ever approaches her might note the pistol on her thigh, the shotgun slung across her shoulder, and the slightly tense and out-of place air she carries about her, as if she feels like she doesn't quite belong.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

25. - Top - End - #1315

NinjaGuy

[Entrance]

Blanche is greeted by the rather imposing sight of what appears to be a small, green mech suit. Nearly 12 feet tall, it looks down at her in a somewhat wary but...friendly manner? Upon closer inspection, there doesn't seem to be any machinery behind the face plate, just two glowing pink orbs that seem to shift as it looks around. One of them narrows, as though it's raising an eyebrow, before it speaks in a deep, friendly, and decidedly male voice. Quin's taken this round of guard and greeter duty. He might be relatively new to VIGIL, but at least his intimidatingly large frame means that people will think twice before messing with him.

"Welcome to VIGIL. Is there something we can do to assist you, miss?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

26. - Top - End - #1316

[Entrance]

Blanxhe’ cerise eyes widen in surprise as the towering being appears before her, and her left hand instinctively flinches towards her holster - seems this catgirl is a little jumpy, hopefully she’s not planning anything nefarious? Probably not, cat girls are trusty folk.
    ”Erm, yes, I was hoping to join?” Blanche answers, doing her best to compose herself a little. She didn’t seem terribly dazed by the colossus before her... well, relatively at least.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

27. - Top - End - #1317

NinjaGuy

[Entrance]

"I see," Quin says, apparently ignoring her flinch. It's doubtful her pistol could breach his shield program, but she doesn't seem like she's going to draw it anyways. His eyes seem to smile, and he gestures towards the base. His movements aren't quite like a mech suit's, either. They're more fluid, less mechanical, and he certainly doesn't seem to make much noise when he does.

"We welcome all who would aid in our fight. A moment, while I contact someone who can better guide you through the process." He says nothing more aloud, instead sending a request through his internal comm to page a recruitment officer to the entrance.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

28. - Top - End - #1318

As Mia sits there, Wenomir comes over. He's wearing his training clothes and carrying a practice weapon.

"There you are, Mia. We're supposed to be having a lesson right now."
    [Somewhere]

"Just a moment" Mia says. Wenomir might notice that this is all the attention he get's for now. It doesn't feel like a master speaking with his apprentice. Mia grabs at her pocket and draws out a scredriver to open up the machine. It's no important machine just one of those boxes for the street lights. Not that many use the path at dark times anyway. She will start working on it if Wenomir doesn't try to get her attention. he might want her to have the same fokus in their lessons.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #1319

[Entrance]

Quin will get the message to send the new recruit to Cessie Mithar's office and have them wait outside of it. Seems to be an automated message.

30. - Top - End - #1320

[Entrance]

Blanche nods in understanding, waiting to be instructed or discussed with further.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show