New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    There's no way I'll ever manage to save 1500 fuses in SSF, I've been rather lucky to get as many fuses as I have so far and that's after probably ~200 hours this league. I only wanted a 5 link (though I wouldn't have said no to a 6), hell, I only ever count on getting a 5 link anything for SSF. The annoying thing is, I've found over a dozen 5 link evasion chests, 1 armour (that my cycloner is using)and I managed to link the lightning coil in like 10 fuses going for a 4 link. This guy can't use any of the dex chests so it's been coil or nothing and until recently, I couldn't cap his resists with a coil without dropping hatred/arctic for a purity. The multitude of 5 link staves I've aquired don't help either since he's using a shield. Such is the SSF life.
    Ooooh, I totally forgot you were doing SSF. Yeah that definitely changes the equation a lot. I imagine binding orbs are so much more useful in SSF giving a guaranteed 4link rare(well, as long as you get somewhat lucky and have a few decent stats roll on whatever you use it on). My best friend in RL was telling me last night that Regal orbs have so much more value over in SSF because you actually USE them over there trying to craft decent gear. Which is quite the difference from regular league, I can't remember the last time I used a regal on anything except strongboxes. I mean, if I had ever gotten lucky when trying to craft an ilvl 84 Harbringer bow with alt orbs I would have used one, but other then that...pretty much junk.

You honestly have far more patience then I do. I'd go nuts trying to go SSF unless I deliberately played one of the absolute top-tier builds that can faceroll almost everything with just average equipment. I LOVE trading, I actually spend time in the trade channels sifting through the multitude of spam/trade bots trying to find those rare gems that real people actually put up from time to time.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-09-21 at 12:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Ooooh, I totally forgot you were doing SSF. Yeah that definitely changes the equation a lot. I imagine binding orbs are so much more useful in SSF giving a guaranteed 4link rare(well, as long as you get somewhat lucky and have a few decent stats roll on whatever you use it on). My best friend in RL was telling me last night that Regal orbs have so much more value over in SSF because you actually USE them over there trying to craft decent gear. Which is quite the difference from regular league, I can't remember the last time I used a regal on anything except strongboxes. I mean, if I had ever gotten lucky when trying to craft an ilvl 84 Harbringer bow with alt orbs I would have used one, but other then that...pretty much junk.

You honestly have far more patience then I do. I'd go nuts trying to go SSF unless I deliberately played one of the absolute top-tier builds that can faceroll almost everything with just average equipment. I LOVE trading, I actually spend time in the trade channels sifting through the multitude of spam/trade bots trying to find those rare gems that real people actually put up from time to time.
    Bindings are OK, though they're better when you're just starting. Now I just throw them at every white pair of two-toned boots, spiked/gripped gloves and bone helmet that drops since I've already got a hoarde of levelling gear as well as a selection of "good enough" rares for a variety of builds.

I've been mainly using regals for jewels since it's a lot easier to get 2 decent mods on a jewel than it is to roll >150% damage on a weapon along with another good mod. The issue is that multi-mod is 2 Ex and that's not the sort of thing you usually have on tap in SSF. I've got 3 Ex and 15 Ex shards from ~ 200 odd hours and all 3 of those drops came inside a week early on and I haven't found squat since. You can't just chaos recipe and then go trade for Ex (to be honest, 9 times out of ten it'd be easier to just trade for a better weapon anyway). On top of that, it's very easy to blow through 1k alts and not get anything good and again, you can't really get more easily so your crafting is even more hit and miss than regular league.

As to patience, meh, each to their own. If I could just buy my way to victory, it'd feel a bit hollow and I strongly suspect that I'd get bored very quickly. This way it's easy to always have another build to try when you get a good unique drop and making progress feels like an achievement. Different mindsets require different gaming approaches and that's something SSF offers.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

You know... While playing my Gladiator, I've started feeling an itch to play a Necromancer focused on Mistress of Sacrifice+Bone Offering (and maybe The Anvil for even higher max-block?) and a ton of beefy minions... Anyone got a build that suits that itch?
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-09-21 at 02:20 AM.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    You know... While playing my Gladiator, I've started feeling an itch to play a Necromancer focused on Mistress of Sacrifice+Bone Offering (and maybe The Anvil for even higher max-block?) and a ton of beefy minions... Anyone got a build that suits that itch?
    Almost any casual Necro build since MoS + Bone Offering is quite popular (to the point where you get things like ele blasters going necro instead of elementalist or even inquisitor(!) just for MoS + Bone) since it allows you to cap block/spell block with virtually no investment and then you just need to pick a favourite minion, take all the minion nodes and then figure out what to waste wisely spend the remaining points on. Most guides will be (overly) focused on clearspeed and will prioritise flesh offering however, but it's really not that big a deal to run bone instead (though SRS does like the cast speed boost).

Something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585 should be fairly close to what you're looking for I expect.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585 should be fairly close to what you're looking for I expect.
    Not entirely sold on Spectres (mainly because I usually play in short stints, which makes going through the loops to get the right corpses, a bit too time consuming), but otherwise It looks quite close to what I was thinking ... Even have most of the uniques highlighted in my Unique stash

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

That Iron Will is getting you a total of 50% increased damage. Which sounds big, but if you're already running around with a 300-400% damage increase is actually not that big of a deal. Efficacy or Controlled Destruction, meanwhile, would be a 40-50% More modifier, which is massive. For Iron Will to be worth it you probably need at least 400 strength, probably a lot more.
    Ahh yeah.. i see.. at times the damage system can be needlessly complicated. I missed that Controlled Destruction would be a More modifier, and that Iron Will would not be. Thank you, it did lead to about a 20% increase in damage.

(Also, what's your tree like? I don't actually have much investment in spell damage outside of my wand it turns out. There are only four chaos/DoT damage clusters on the tree, and you should be hitting 25-30k tooltip dps with a four link and all four of those clusters, going up to 35-40k with a five link.)
    Well.. my tree is a little chaotic. Im mainly in the Scion survivability, the shadows Chaos damage/dot area, the Marauders life/resistance and the templars something i dont recall. I think i have 2-3 of those chaos damage/dot clusters.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Not entirely sold on Spectres (mainly because I usually play in short stints, which makes going through the loops to get the right corpses, a bit too time consuming), but otherwise It looks quite close to what I was thinking ... Even have most of the uniques highlighted in my Unique stash
    Trade Spectres for Zombies while speccing out of fire nodes and call it a day. Even then, it shouldn't be too bad to get those spectres since they're everywhere in acts 6 and 10 and descrate means you can easily summon them in pretty much any map (unlike frost guardians and such who take forever to find and summon). Having played with spectres a bit on my DP summoner, I can say that they're pretty damn fun, though it's totally understandable if you don't have time for their shenanigans.

Edit: 956 hours in and I finally get my first non-corrupted 6-link drop!
    Spoiler
    Show

Also nabbed a Bringer of Rain from a prophecy in the same map, so that's nice too.

Edit 2: And hoooooly crap, a Sin's Rebirth from some random white mob in Colonnade
    Last edited by Drasius; 2017-09-21 at 03:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulation! And god dammit.. over 9 hundred hours of playtime? i would newer have the patience for that.
    So, how much is that going to make your DPS jump?

Also, decided on my first alt, a witch summoner of some sort. Is energy shield/armor a viable choice for survival?

9. - Top - End - #729
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It seems karma smiles on those who make auramancers out of their old inquisitors in standard. I used the full reset to remake it into a guardian aurabot and in the first hour of running stuff got a corrupted 6l out of a strongbox and a The Doctor card from a random blue mob.

Speaking of the div card, if anyone wants to fund my next 3-10 builds (aka buy it) for 9.5 ex in standard, hit me up IGN: TheSojourner
    Long-form Sig

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So, how much is that going to make your DPS jump?
    On this character? None. On my Frost Blade Raider or Doomfletch slightly different Raider? About +50%

Also, decided on my first alt, a witch summoner of some sort. Is energy shield/armor a viable choice for survival?
    Generally speaking, on its own with a bit of leech to keep you topped up, up to yellow maps you'll probably be fine, after that, not really but things are a bit different for you if you're a summoner*. The only thing that matters towards the end game is EHP, so you either stack HP or, if you're a Trickster, Guardian or Occultist, you can stack ES, and then concentrate on mitigation though some mixture of fortify/endurance charges/arctic armour/basalt/damage conversion/MoM/stibnite/block/spell block/silly high armour**/silly high evade**/dodge/spell dodge/increased max resists/enfeeble/temp chains in conjunction with leeching everything back fast enough to get back to full health before the next big hit comes in. Everything else will lead to you getting 1 shot eventually since even at the evasion cap, you're still going to eat enough attacks against something killy that the one that does go through will end you. Really, a large part of gearing is more about what's convinient for gem colours, what uniques enable your build and how much HP or ES it has rather than what the base is.

I do tend to go Armour/ES for a lot of casters for the simple reason that along with making their life easy for levelling, a large amount of my casters want both blue and red sockets, but as mentioned, you really feel it start to struggle around the start of maps without decent gear. Alternately, if you're a ranged character, just stack enough damage to blast everything before it gets close and keep some meatshields between you and the bad guys.

* Summoners generally focus on absorbing at least 1 big hit and that's about it since they normally stay back and have a lot of other targets available for enemies to bother with, so you can get away with less focus on defence to a certain degree.
    ** >40k if you want to have any reliability, ideally even more than that, especially with armour

11. - Top - End - #731

Chimera

I was clearing out a map with a very bad combo of mods: + cold damage, projectiles chain 2x, and lunaris zealots, and after taking 5 deaths to my shame, the boss dropped Atziri's mirror. It looks like a handy shield- bonus resists which help, lower curse duration, and so on. Now, my question: I could stick Kaom's roots on my feet and get the nice life boost, at the cost of zero evasion. I've got acrobatics on this char, so losing evade might not be the worst thing; I have trickster and will eventually get some extra dodge out of that.

The question, though: from what I'm reading, the +life on the boots is more valuable than the little bit of evade I'd get from not using them, especially since I already have a high dodge chance. That sound right?

Also: what sorts of things am I looking for on a belt? This char's still DoT scorching ray, and I'm running Meginord's for now because of the 10% life bonus (and due to affection for its effect on my facebreaker marauder), but I could find something else.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    Also: what sorts of things am I looking for on a belt? This char's still DoT scorching ray, and I'm running Meginord's for now because of the 10% life bonus (and due to affection for its effect on my facebreaker marauder), but I could find something else.
    Belt is a decently good place to get your Resists.

Doryani's Invitation might be worth a looksee depending on your exact build and your economy

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    I was clearing out a map with a very bad combo of mods: + cold damage, projectiles chain 2x, and lunaris zealots, and after taking 5 deaths to my shame, the boss dropped Atziri's mirror. It looks like a handy shield- bonus resists which help, lower curse duration, and so on. Now, my question: I could stick Kaom's roots on my feet and get the nice life boost, at the cost of zero evasion. I've got acrobatics on this char, so losing evade might not be the worst thing; I have trickster and will eventually get some extra dodge out of that.

The question, though: from what I'm reading, the +life on the boots is more valuable than the little bit of evade I'd get from not using them, especially since I already have a high dodge chance. That sound right?

Depends on your recovery mechanics. If you'd had Vaal Pact as an option, it wouldn't matter what you do since you'll be leeching back to full on basically every hit. Given that you're SR on a squishy Evasion character though, throwing Kaom's Roots on sounds like suicide to me. Not only do you lose your evasion, you're still eating the armour/ES/block penalty from Acrobatics. If you're running a boatload of other mitigation and some awesome regen (given that you're trickster, it's possible, especially in conjunction with Arakaali's Pantheon upgrade), you might get away with it, but I'm guessing that's not the case.

Kaom's are most useful for people who were sitting at <10% chance to evade anyway since the huge life boost helps them more than the relatively small evasion chance. If you're taking Acro, then the only defence you really have is evasion, so losing that without an instant leech mechanic is ... troublesome.

They're fairly easy to farm a pair from Sewer/Waste Pool via the div cards though as well as being fairly cheap (because they're easy to farm), so you won't lose much by giving it a go even if it doesn't work.

As for belts, the usual is a fat life roll (80+) on a leather base (for even more life) and then either as much resists as you can get or some flask duration/red charges used. A chunk of +armour or +Str along with WED are nice enough affix rolls, but they're pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things compared to the life/resists. Oviously if you're going ES, then you want a big +ES roll on a chain belt base instead of the life roll on a life base, but since you're rocking acrobatics, I'm assuming that's not the case.

Belt of the deciever is another solid option for many builds since it hands out 10% increased damage taken to nearby enemies which, for most builds is a straight 10% more multiplier and it's got a small amount of life and resists built in to sweeten the deal. Meginords can be quite handy for the flat damage and the bonus life is rarely bad either, but that usually depends on both build (for the flat damage) and how much resists you can scacrifice since a well rolled belt can give up to 140 flat life and triple resists.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: 956 hours in and I finally get my first non-corrupted 6-link drop!
    Spoiler
    Show

Also nabbed a Bringer of Rain from a prophecy in the same map, so that's nice too.

Edit 2: And hoooooly crap, a Sin's Rebirth from some random white mob in Colonnade
    Damn man, congrats on finding your first 6l, still hasn't happened for me yet. My best friend found his first and his second both in 2.6(the legacy league, where you could find old versions of items). How do you figure out how many total hours you've played the game? Curious to see my total.

Edit: So, I found a pretty sweet pair of boots last night. Life and ES on them are rather low, but apparently even with that(I specifically searched low life/es) they are still worth a small fortune, looks like I should be able to get 60-65c out of them. 30% movement speed, and high tri-resist(fire and lightning I believe are both in the 40's, and cold was in the 30's), and then the life was 26 on them(again, low, but I searched low on poe.trade) and I forget the last modifier, nothing special though. If I used ES boots, I'd probably be willing to get over the lower life just for that amount of resists(totaled they are roughly 110%) and the perf 30% MS.

Then I almost found an upgrade to my belt last night. Higher life, and 2 resists, both higher then what is on my current belt, but it didn't have room for a third resist, just WED and ES and one other mod ><. Still, I have a feeling I'll be able to sell it for a few chaos as well.

Ooooh, Ooooh!! I have great news!!!! I contacted my internet company this morning, and explained how awful my connection has been, and they contacted their tech company(they outsource apparently), and while I was unfortunately not home when they called, it sounds like there is actually going to be a fairly simple fix to make my connection a fair amount faster and a lot more stable!!! I'm so super stoked, I really hope what they said is true, I've been going nuts lately with how crappy my connection's been. Last night poe was almost unplayable, I made it through 3 maps with 3 deaths and called it quits, because I was lagging 2-3 seconds every other minute. Nearly lost my Zana daily because it was a timed one and my connection got timed out. Got back in with 20s left, and made it to a group of enemies(was timed one where each enemy killed is 1s) with 2 seconds left.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-09-21 at 08:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    How do you figure out how many total hours you've played the game? Curious to see my total.

Edit: So, I found a pretty sweet pair of boots last night. Life and ES on them are rather low, but apparently even with that(I specifically searched low life/es) they are still worth a small fortune, looks like I should be able to get 60-65c out of them. 30% movement speed, and high tri-resist(fire and lightning I believe are both in the 40's, and cold was in the 30's), and then the life was 26 on them(again, low, but I searched low on poe.trade) and I forget the last modifier, nothing special though. If I used ES boots, I'd probably be willing to get over the lower life just for that amount of resists(totaled they are roughly 110%) and the perf 30% MS.
    I'm just going off the steam played time. I have no idea how long I played back in the day on the stand alone client.

Tri-resist, 30% MS boots are always going to be in demand, especially with 2 rolls in the 40's. I hope you sell them for a big handfull of chaos.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm just going off the steam played time. I have no idea how long I played back in the day on the stand alone client.

Tri-resist, 30% MS boots are always going to be in demand, especially with 2 rolls in the 40's. I hope you sell them for a big handfull of chaos.
    Well, no longer just a handful of chaos, but roughly 5 exalt. Apparently they had an open prefix, due to one of my rolls being a hybrid roll. Crafted life onto them and now they are worth a medium sized fortune instead of a small one!

Edit: Well hell, I may have to up the price even more. There is not a single pair of boots on poe.trade with tri-resist(I put no minimum in), 25 life roll, 30% MS and crafted life of 50 or more. Not a single damn pair.

Finally, figured out what was going on. Apparently the life and es were a hybrid roll and I htink mine just rolled the max amount of life it could. Once I eliminated the minimum life, I found other boots similar. Mine do look to be 4-5ex though
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-09-22 at 02:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh, that's nice.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

18. - Top - End - #738
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Woo! Just beat my first map with my first character!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...esk/characters

It's the inquisitor. How do guys think I did with no guidance?
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Woo! Just beat my first map with my first character!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...esk/characters

It's the inquisitor. How do guys think I did with no guidance?
    It's quite an achievement beating your first map without any guidance, well done. You're doing very well given that you're slightly underleveled, have less than 2k life and your resists weren't even capped before you fought Kitava! Speaking of Kitava, how did you find that fight? Was it frustrating? Were there any particular points where you though it was a bit rough? I'm interested in how newer players see this fight.

There's quite a large amount of room for improvement though, as with a low amount of life and such low resists, I suspect you might struggle to complete many maps since you've only got 6 portals. Sing out if you'd like some pointers on a more efficient skill tree, gear upgrades or gem optimisation, but if you're happy to keep going the way you are, awesome!

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Beat the uber lab!

I think I'm gonna drop Wicked Ward for Malediction now, which will let me switch my ring from Doedre's Damning to Lori's Lantern - I've had one sitting in my stash for a while, and I'm interested to see how much of a difference enemy damage rolls being unlucky actually makes.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Beat the uber lab!

I think I'm gonna drop Wicked Ward for Malediction now, which will let me switch my ring from Doedre's Damning to Lori's Lantern - I've had one sitting in my stash for a while, and I'm interested to see how much of a difference enemy damage rolls being unlucky actually makes.
    Isn't WW a huge deal though? I am interested in your findings re: Lori's Lantern though.

Edit: Congrats on Uber BTW!
    Last edited by Drasius; 2017-09-22 at 10:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Tried doing some of the guardians. Hydra went okay, only two deaths going in blind. Phoenix killed me just as I used up my last portal to get him down to 25%-ish hp, which isn't too bad, I suppose, considering my gearing is still somewhat subpar and I went in blind with no knowledge of his mechanics. (No Kaom's, only rare armor sets. Did have Aztiri's Disfavour.)

Time to actually spend some of that exalts I earned to get Kaom's, and 6-link my Disfavour. Also to remember to overcap my fire resist for his firebombs.

(For reference, I'm doing a Slayer Cycloner of my own making.)

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Tried doing some of the guardians. Hydra went okay, only two deaths going in blind. Phoenix killed me just as I used up my last portal to get him down to 25%-ish hp, which isn't too bad, I suppose, considering my gearing is still somewhat subpar and I went in blind with no knowledge of his mechanics. (No Kaom's, only rare armor sets. Did have Aztiri's Disfavour.)

Time to actually spend some of that exalts I earned to get Kaom's, and 6-link my Disfavour. Also to remember to overcap my fire resist for his firebombs.

(For reference, I'm doing a Slayer Cycloner of my own making.)
    This doesn't fill me with confidence at having my cyclone slayer whose gear is a billion miles away from Kaom's/6L Disfavour even getting remotely close to killing guardians.

:(

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

okay, got a question ...

I just got Ambu's Charge (with 218% Armour/ES, and +66Life) ... Currently in the process of throwing all Fusing i can get my hands on, on a perfectly-coloured (4R1B1G) Rare Astral Plate with:
    Code:
    +11% All Resist
    ---
    +42 Max Life
    +43% Fire Resist
    +26% Cold Resist
    +33% Lightning Resist
    ---
    +71% Armor (Crafted)
    Should i change focus and try and upgrade Ambu's or should I stay trying to get my Rare to work?

Running Gladiator Sunder, with Reckoning-Ruthless-Endurance Charge on Stun and a Blasphemy-Warlock's Mark (... and Veruso's Battering Rams, so Endurance is even stronger)
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-09-22 at 11:37 AM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

I belive it was already mentioned, that you need an astronomically high number of fusing orbs to make something 6-linked. Something on the line of 1500 on average.

26. - Top - End - #746

NecromancerGuy

okay, got a question ...

I just got Ambu's Charge (with 218% Armour/ES, and +66Life) ... Currently in the process of throwing all Fusing i can get my hands on, on a perfectly-coloured (4R1B1G) Rare Astral Plate with:
    Code:
    +11% All Resist
    ---
    +42 Max Life
    +43% Fire Resist
    +26% Cold Resist
    +33% Lightning Resist
    ---
    +71% Armor (Crafted)
    Should i change focus and try and upgrade Ambu's or should I stay trying to get my Rare to work?

Running Gladiator Sunder, with Reckoning-Ruthless-Endurance Charge on Stun and a Blasphemy-Warlock's Mark (... and Veruso's Battering Rams, so Endurance is even stronger)
    My thought would be that the Ambu's charge should be fairly easy to get the right colors on it, but is going to take a hit to your resists. I'd probably go for whichever one ends up with more links on the right colors if you can manage resists with ambu's. Ultimately, you're probably going to want to aim for a Belly of the Beast, Atziri's Splendor (Armor or Armor+something) or a Carcass Jack (helps your damage more than your defense). Daresso's Defiance could work too, but you would probably come to hate the you loose all endurance charges when hit part, so I'd say that it's no better than the Ambu's, and probably worse for your build.

Skin of the Loyal and Skin of the Lords would probably be BiS if you could get one with the right colors.
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2017-09-22 at 12:06 PM.
    Long-form Sig

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

okay, got a question ...

Code:
    +11% All Resist
    ---
    +42 Max Life
    +43% Fire Resist
    +26% Cold Resist
    +33% Lightning Resist
    ---
    +71% Armor (Crafted)

Depends on if you need the resists or not. The difference in life is not huge but the difference in resists is vast. As mentioned below, you'd be far better off just buying a decent armour than wasting fuses trying to 5/6 link a mediocre armour (low life roll, only 4 base mods, crafted armour, only 1 strong resist roll). Almost the only reason to ever try linking anything yourself is if your SSF or if you're going after some whacky build that needs an absurd number of off colours to work and you have to build it yourself from scratch. 1G1B is ... checks ... 15 chromes from Vorici and on an astral, you're very likely to get the 4 remaining sockets as red, so it's not going to be too difficult to replicate.

The fact that you've already got easy endurance charge generation means that the worth of Anbu's drops even further (unless you play with a party regularly). If you're running dual wield glad, then the resists become even more important since, in an ideal world, you not only want capped resists, you also want to overcap against ele weakness map curse and that can be difficult with 2x weapons, a unique chest with poor resists and unique gloves with no resists at all.

Think about it this way: You get ~2 fuses for 1 chaos at the moment. If you need ~1200 fuses, that's ~600 chaos. Have a look at the sort of chest you can buy for that sort of currency and then compare it to your chest. Even if you drop down to a 5 link (which IIRC is around 300'ish fuses), that's still ~150c. That can go a long way when you're trading.

I belive it was already mentioned, that you need an astronomically high number of fusing orbs to make something 6-linked. Something on the line of 1500 on average.
    1500 from Vorici for assurance or ~1200 manually (assuming that your item is at 20% quality as it should be) if you want to gamble, but it's very heavily RNG dictated. Some people have gotten 4x 6 links in 20 fuses, other have spent 5k fuses and still not got one.

Edit: +15% Barrage Attack Speed enchant from Uberlab on Abyssus. *sigh* Soooo close and yet so far.
    Last edited by Drasius; 2017-09-22 at 01:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

Isn't WW a huge deal though? I am interested in your findings re: Lori's Lantern though.

Edit: Congrats on Uber BTW!
    Oops, meant Vile Bastion. No way I'm speccing out of Wicked Ward.

I mean, the regening ES per kill is okay, but once the kills start going off it generally means I'm okay anyway as everything is dead. It might be adding some durability during boss fights from cleaning up adds, but the question is whether 7.5-10% regen for 4s after clearing an add wave is worth more than what Lori's will do for me.

The immune to stun on full ES is basically worthless, I feel.

EDIT Oh! Valyrium is another good candidate for that ring slot.
    Last edited by Tome; 2017-09-22 at 03:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Immunity to stun is actually amazing and makes up most of the value of Skyforth's and Eye of Chayula (along with Valyrium, since that's the only thing it has over a really mediocre rare ring), but Vile Bastion does depend on you staying at full ES so if you're not able to stay there between boss hits then it'll be less useful, yeah.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I imagine that the Pantheon has taken much of the shine off Chayula too (skyforths will still be amazing for many spell builds due to power charges and reduced mana reservation) with the can't be stunned pulling a fair bit of weight. It's not perfect, but there's a lot of milage to be had in the ammy slot.