New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

WOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Internet IT guys got back to me today, and not only has my signal improved, but I won't be being constantly disconnected anymore. Apparently my connection was constantly changing between 3 channels in an effort to find the strongest signal. So I switched it to a permanent channel(also happens to be the one that they showed as being the strongest most consistently), so now I won't be disconnected anymore, or have so much lag due to micro-pauses from the switching from one channel to another! I should actually be able to play pretty lag-free now, super stoked!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Immunity to stun is actually amazing and makes up most of the value of Skyforth's and Eye of Chayula (along with Valyrium, since that's the only thing it has over a really mediocre rare ring), but Vile Bastion does depend on you staying at full ES so if you're not able to stay there between boss hits then it'll be less useful, yeah.
    Yeah, there's always some chip damage coming in somewhere to keep you off full ES in my experience.

I do plan to switch over to a presence of chayula if I can ever afford it or a blessing, but in the meantime I've mostly been relying on brine king. It's not perfect though, so I may well end up trying out Valyrium. A decently rolled Le Heup of All might also be an option I suppose.

Lori's Lantern has been performing well so far, and I haven't really felt any drop in durability from dropping Vile Bastion.
    Last edited by Tome; 2017-09-22 at 08:51 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    This doesn't fill me with confidence at having my cyclone slayer whose gear is a billion miles away from Kaom's/6L Disfavour even getting remotely close to killing guardians.

:(
    I wouldn't say they aren't doable even with (non-crappy) yellow gear and 5-L skills. It's just that with such (relatively) low DPS, it means more time spent wailing on the bosses and more time to make mistakes. I'm fairly certain I made quite a few in that run (one being losing a portal because I accidentally cycloned myself into three different magic packs which one-shot me through my leech).

On Valyrium, it's a cheap poor man's Chayula when you can't lose the ammy slot (Bisgo?) or if you can't afford the chaos (unlikely). I used it to great effect on my ice spear crit occultist. The -30% cold res means you will really need to overcap that one, but it's a small price to pay for effective stun immunity.
    Last edited by Grif; 2017-09-22 at 10:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Rawr. Totally just had all my desire to play sucked right out of me. Was cruising along, on my 2nd Catacombs map of the evening, when I came across an Essence monster. Obviously I went after it, but that thing was a freaking beast. It annihilated me in no time flat, I didn't even manage to take out 1/10th of it's Energy Shield. I thought to myself "Alright, I'll just run by it". Unfortunately it was right in the middle of either exit of where my portal was. I tried to run by it once, didn't work to well and I died before I made it a few steps. So I decided I'd go all out in escape attempt, but that thing was literally impossible to outrun. I used up all 3 uses of my quicksilver flask and even used my movement skill, but that bastard kept up with me the entire freaking time, and I eventually ran into a crowded room and died a third time.

1/3rd of a bar of exp gone in the blink of an eye to a monster so powerful it would wipe the floor with any t11-t12 map, easily, and could probably go toe-to-toe with any t13-t14 boss. It's mods were nuts, though I honestly don't remember them all, I just remember the third time I died looking at them and going "well, no damn wonder he's whupping my butt". I'd go back in and write them down, but the moment I get near him he seems to sense my presence and goes berserk. So, I'm done for at least a little while, far to frustrated to run any more maps at the moment. Sucks too, because I was close to my level, AND there was one of the 3 remaining Lab Trials that I needed in there, I was going to run it after I leveled(because I suck at those things and always die once or twice). Bah Humbug.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I wouldn't say they aren't doable even with (non-crappy) yellow gear and 5-L skills. It's just that with such (relatively) low DPS, it means more time spent wailing on the bosses and more time to make mistakes. I'm fairly certain I made quite a few in that run (one being losing a portal because I accidentally cycloned myself into three different magic packs which one-shot me through my leech).
    Define low DPS? I'm currently sitting around 100k DPS (which feels really low) and T15 bosses feel pretty slow already, to the point where I don't think I can handle a boss with 2-3x that amount of life before I make enough mistakes to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Rawr. Totally just had all my desire to play sucked right out of me. Was cruising along, on my 2nd Catacombs map of the evening, when I came across an Essence monster. Obviously I went after it, but that thing was a freaking beast. It annihilated me in no time flat, I didn't even manage to take out 1/10th of it's Energy Shield. I thought to myself "Alright, I'll just run by it". Unfortunately it was right in the middle of either exit of where my portal was. I tried to run by it once, didn't work to well and I died before I made it a few steps. So I decided I'd go all out in escape attempt, but that thing was literally impossible to outrun. I used up all 3 uses of my quicksilver flask and even used my movement skill, but that bastard kept up with me the entire freaking time, and I eventually ran into a crowded room and died a third time.

1/3rd of a bar of exp gone in the blink of an eye to a monster so powerful it would wipe the floor with any t11-t12 map, easily, and could probably go toe-to-toe with any t13-t14 boss. It's mods were nuts, though I honestly don't remember them all, I just remember the third time I died looking at them and going "well, no damn wonder he's whupping my butt". I'd go back in and write them down, but the moment I get near him he seems to sense my presence and goes berserk. So, I'm done for at least a little while, far to frustrated to run any more maps at the moment. Sucks too, because I was close to my level, AND there was one of the 3 remaining Lab Trials that I needed in there, I was going to run it after I leveled(because I suck at those things and always die once or twice). Bah Humbug.
    $10 says he was ghosted. Do you remember if he had a green mod under his name like Rogue's Grip or similar? Could also be possible that he just had 3-4 essences, they can be rough at times. especially with certain map mods.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Define low DPS? I'm currently sitting around 100k DPS (which feels really low) and T15 bosses feel pretty slow already, to the point where I don't think I can handle a boss with 2-3x that amount of life before I make enough mistakes to kill me.

$10 says he was ghosted. Do you remember if he had a green mod under his name like Rogue's Grip or similar? Could also be possible that he just had 3-4 essences, they can be rough at times. especially with certain map mods.
    Hmmm...I'm not sure if he was ghosted or not. Can they spawn ghosted? If so, that would probably do it, I know in the past I've run into ones that were and they were pretty nasty. Only had two mods, and I've beaten guys with 3, so I know that wasn't it. But he was literally almost untouchable. Even with 3 of each charge, and my diamond flask active I was barely moving his ES bar. Nastiest essence creature I've ever come across with this character, and maybe with any.

Question time! Where do you find Divine Vessels? Besides poe.trade of course. I was looking at the Atlas earlier and noticed that one or two maps that I've already completed, said that the soul of the boss there could be captured, and since I know that I beat them, I was wondering why I didn't have them unlocked in the pantheon. After some reading on the `pedia, I discovered that you need Divine Vessels, but found absolutely nothing about where to actually find the damnable things.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-09-23 at 04:53 AM.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not sure if he was ghosted or not. Can they spawn ghosted? If so, that would probably do it, I know in the past I've run into ones that were and they were pretty nasty. Only had two mods, and I've beaten guys with 3, so I know that wasn't it. But he was literally almost untouchable. Even with 3 of each charge, and my diamond flask active I was barely moving his ES bar. Nastiest essence creature I've ever come across with this character, and maybe with any.

Question time! Where do you find Divine Vessels? Besides poe.trade of course. I was looking at the Atlas earlier and noticed that one or two maps that I've already completed, said that the soul of the boss there could be captured, and since I know that I beat them, I was wondering why I didn't have them unlocked in the pantheon. After some reading on the `pedia, I discovered that you need Divine Vessels, but found absolutely nothing about where to actually find the damnable things.
    Just because you've beaten a creature with 3 essences doesn't mean you can always beat one with 2 if the mods mesh well and/or the maps mods compliment the creature and it's essence mods. And yes, ghosts can possess them while they're still encased in ice.

Divine vessles drop pretty much anywhere. I've had them pop out of breach trash, barrels, rares and IIRC in 1 case, a strongbox. As long as you're in a map, they can drop I'm reasonable sure. They are pretty rare though, I think I'd had 3 or 4 characters to maps before I got my first one. For reference, I've now got lvl 92, 87, 75, 75, 74, 73, 73, 71 and 70 characters all in maps and I've found 7 Divine Vessels. For reference, I've had 4 Exalts drop in this league, so they're ~ twice as common, but worth ~35 times less.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

I had that bonus boss in the labyrinth get the ghost that allowed him to eat corpses. Talk about annoying. I could litteraly not leave a dent in his life total.

But on a positive side my alt summoner is shaping up nicely. I had Shapers seed left for her, its amazing how much 3.5% life regen does for zombies. The litterally stopped dying to anything less that bosses after i began using it.

Divine vessles drop pretty much anywhere. I've had them pop out of breach trash, barrels, rares and IIRC in 1 case, a strongbox. As long as you're in a map, they can drop I'm reasonable sure. They are pretty rare though, I think I'd had 3 or 4 characters to maps before I got my first one. For reference, I've now got lvl 92, 87, 75, 75, 74, 73, 73, 71 and 70 characters all in maps and I've found 7 Divine Vessels. For reference, I've had 4 Exalts drop in this league, so they're ~ twice as common, but worth ~35 times less.
    I have only found 1 myself. But have trouble figuring out what to use it with.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I have only found 1 myself. But have trouble figuring out what to use it with.
    Pick whichever Pantheon power you use 95% of the time and has a secondary that benefits you the most. Job done. A bit harder for a summoner since none of the powers really jump out like Arakaali does for anyone who uses blood rage, Gruthkuul for tanky characters, Yugul for anyone afraid of reflect or Aberath for RF etc.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. i guess that is a good point. Might as well save it then until i get a character who actually has something to use it for.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Pick whichever Pantheon power you use 95% of the time and has a secondary that benefits you the most. Job done. A bit harder for a summoner since none of the powers really jump out like Arakaali does for anyone who uses blood rage, Gruthkuul for tanky characters, Yugul for anyone afraid of reflect or Aberath for RF etc.
    Solaris or Lunaris has that anti-chaining soul... Just about the only thing made for summoners but I don't know how much of an issue chaining actually is, besides the one map mod.
    Truth resists simplicity.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Solaris or Lunaris has that anti-chaining soul... Just about the only thing made for summoners but I don't know how much of an issue chaining actually is, besides the one map mod.
    It's also gated behind Lyceus, and that's not a fun map for summoners.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Anything that requires >5 minutes to kill a boss. That's plenty of time to make mistakes and run out of flask charges. That said, you have 100k tooltip, which is already a fair sight higher than my own tooltip (even with Disfavour), so I'm quite sure you could handle them if you know the mechanics. (For comparison, I have 60k tooltip with both Hatred and HoA, and that usually jumps to 80k with Onslaught and Aztiri's Promise.)

Though you might be talking about Path of Builder DPS, which I heard factors in curses and other things which might affect your DPS as well.

I'll need to start chopping down unnecessary nodes in my build. (Looking at you, Fortify cluster.) As it is, it still feels lackluster to do anything at T16 maps.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Anything that requires >5 minutes to kill a boss. That's plenty of time to make mistakes and run out of flask charges. That said, you have 100k tooltip, which is already a fair sight higher than my own tooltip (even with Disfavour), so I'm quite sure you could handle them if you know the mechanics. (For comparison, I have 60k tooltip with both Hatred and HoA, and that usually jumps to 80k with Onslaught and Aztiri's Promise.)

Though you might be talking about Path of Builder DPS, which I heard factors in curses and other things which might affect your DPS as well.

I'll need to start chopping down unnecessary nodes in my build. (Looking at you, Fortify cluster.) As it is, it still feels lackluster to do anything at T16 maps.
    Yeah, talking about PoB, I think my in game tooltip is ~40-50k IIRC. He's got a below average Kondo's Pride at the moment but I do have a Ngamahu's sitting around that I could possible convert him into, though I fear I'd die to reflect a bit too easy and I'm missing the amulet that the build really needs. Truth be told, I've been having more fun with my Ice Crasher anyway, so the Cycloner has been put on the backburner for a bit.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

... with those numbers i feel dreadfully low, with only 34.4k DPS with Sunder on my gladiator, in spite of him being level 80 ... (although it doesn't seem to appreciate my Veruso's Battering Rams and the bonus I gain from Endurance charges from them, nor the Damage buff you gain from AncestralWarChief)

Then again, 78% block (with 4.85k Reckoning/TempestShield damage), 75/80/75/-45( :( ) resists while in a TabulaRasa

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    ... with those numbers i feel dreadfully low, with only 34.4k DPS with Sunder on my gladiator, in spite of him being level 80 ... (although it doesn't seem to appreciate my Veruso's Battering Rams and the bonus I gain from Endurance charges from them, nor the Damage buff you gain from AncestralWarChief)

Then again, 78% block (with 4.85k Reckoning/TempestShield damage), 75/80/75/-45( :( ) resists while in a TabulaRasa
    IIRC, Veruso's is only a pittance of damage anyway since it's what, 4% increased melee per endurance charge? Even if you were a jugg with 10 charges, it'd still only be 40% increased on top of the ~3-400% increased you've already got.

It should show you the damage buff from warchief though.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post

Veruso is absolutely rubbish (for DPS), yeah. 4% increased is a drop in the bucket.

Even a rare glove with IAS and added flat damage would be much better for your DPS.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Wow.. dam its surprising how mean an elemental gets with just 100% minion damage, 2 gems and the commander of Darkness acendancy. Along with my zombie horde it has so far murdered its way though all the first ½ of the bosses without looses. Only exception were Izaro, who as usually were kinda mean. But he were still taken down underleveled.
    Oh wait, not completely first half, Piety and Dominus. They both went down shockingly fast though.

Spectres have disapointed me a little though, do you need the +100 % damage acendancy before they get really viable?

Else, filling out the talent tree has been pretty easy now. I am wondering about how good a choice Mind over Matter is. But it kinda seems like something you need to survive large hits?

If nothing else, the survival of my zombie horde made me decide to build an Animated Guardian out of all the trash uniques i have lying around. Think its going to get pretty mean
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2017-09-24 at 03:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi, started playing a little again. Decided to try minions because complicated thought processes which I am to lazy to write. So far (level 12ish) just trying to boost numbers of minions. Up to 5 zombies and 7 skeletons. (Also I got a unique which I can use, hooray)

One question, I haven't been using PoB because it isn't sizing right. It isn't fitting on the screen. Any way to fix this?

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

My Path of Building has a minimum size of 1298 x 756 with the normal Aero window trimming. Assuming you're on Windows, Win key + Up arrow should maximize and center the window.

And if that's too big for your screen, there are some old 1280x1024 Dell monitors for $10 at my local Goodwill. I'll send you one if you cover the cost of shipping.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

21. - Top - End - #771
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Good: Monstrous Treasure Prophecy
    Bad: Unidentified map with the mod that spawns nasty uniques if you kill mobs too quickly. Before I realized that was what was going on, I must have killed Ephij and the other beyond demons 3 times each before putting it together. Strongboxes cluster everything together for extra pain too.

Did manage to clear out the low-tier beachhead. The boss dropped 1/3 of a unique item- do the higher tiers drop more, or should I just run the low-tier if I'm just chasing the trinkets?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

No that is not necessary, I'm certain if I really work on it I can make it work. And I already have an extra screen but I just haven't used it much, don't have anywhere good where I can set it up for something finicky rather than jest a game. Thanks for the offer.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    Good: Monstrous Treasure Prophecy
    Bad: Unidentified map with the mod that spawns nasty uniques if you kill mobs too quickly. Before I realized that was what was going on, I must have killed Ephij and the other beyond demons 3 times each before putting it together. Strongboxes cluster everything together for extra pain too.

Did manage to clear out the low-tier beachhead. The boss dropped 1/3 of a unique item- do the higher tiers drop more, or should I just run the low-tier if I'm just chasing the trinkets?
    Higher tier does not drop more. That much I can confirm. That said, people do run (red) beachheads because of the tremendous EXP gain you can get from them.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    Bad: Unidentified map with the mod that spawns nasty uniques if you kill mobs too quickly.
    IIRC, it's when you get 4 of the little red obs within a certain radius (which is fairly large, like, most of the screen), and has nothing to do with how quickly you kill the monsters, just where they die.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

IIRC, it's when you get 4 of the little red obs within a certain radius (which is fairly large, like, most of the screen), and has nothing to do with how quickly you kill the monsters, just where they die.
    Yep, red orbs spawn the beyond monsters, and then if you get 4(or 3, not 100% on that) of the weird blood altar looking thingies, you get one of the Beyond Demons to spawn.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Im having a bit of trouble calculating the damage of my zombies. It seems the tooltip really isnt worth much.
    Being a level 14 gem, they hit for 196-490 point of damage. And with Commander of Darkness i get 125% increased Minion damage. Added Cold damage then says it adds 41 to 62 cold damage. But is that increased as well?
    Im trying to figure out if i should replace the added cold damage with either accuracy, multistrike or faster attack.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im having a bit of trouble calculating the damage of my zombies. It seems the tooltip really isnt worth much.
    Being a level 14 gem, they hit for 196-490 point of damage. And with Commander of Darkness i get 125% increased Minion damage. Added Cold damage then says it adds 41 to 62 cold damage. But is that increased as well?
    Im trying to figure out if i should replace the added cold damage with either accuracy, multistrike or faster attack.
    There are very few situations where multistrike (or spell echo for casters) isn't the clear and obvious best choice. And yes, the tooltip is not as useful as it could be. LCS (Lying Character Screen) is an ARPG acronym for a reason. 'Tis one of the many reasons why PoB is so highly lauded (though last time I checked there were still a couple of errors re:minion life). Added cold should be getting multiplied by your minion nodes, but ideally you'd be dropping it for Added Fire since the fire is a % of their phys and Minion damage gem is better in many situations since it's phys damage and therefore doesn't get reduced by resists (outside of specific map mods). Obviously not the case if you're running around with Flammability/Ele Weakness on everything, but for the most part, yeah, added fire and/or minion damage + multistrike are going to be the big ones, maybe some melee splash in there for at least 1 of you minion groups.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Alright thanks a lot, going to run with minion damage and multistrike/Spell echo for my Animated Guardian/Lightning golem for now. Dont feel like i need to invest a 4-link into it, with the way my minions already crush enemy pack without my aid.
    Kinda annoying though that i cant inspect my animated guardian. Its kinda hard keeping track off just what sort of gear i have given it.

Also, it is just me or are the enchantment that makes the Animated Guardian drop its chest piece on death complete garbage? You cant put it on unique items. And often it feels like the chest is the least important part of the Animated guardian setup.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Question about plus damage percent. I just wanted to check my assumptions about how it interacts.

My basic assumption would be that boosts of the same type would stack additively and boosts of different types would stack multiplicatively. But that is easily wrong.

So if you have 2 instances of plus spell damage and and instance of plus fire damage, say 10 percent each. Would it add up to 130 percent damage on a fire spell or 132 percent on a fire spell.

Also I know that minions dont get say spell damage. But do flaming skulls recieve plus fire damage? And if I pick up keystone cannot do nonfire damage but convert 50 percent of nonfire damage to fire would minions recieve that as well? What about bleed and poison damage? Are those fire to?

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Question about plus damage percent. I just wanted to check my assumptions about how it interacts.

My basic assumption would be that boosts of the same type would stack additively and boosts of different types would stack multiplicatively. But that is easily wrong.

So if you have 2 instances of plus spell damage and and instance of plus fire damage, say 10 percent each. Would it add up to 130 percent damage on a fire spell or 132 percent on a fire spell.

Also I know that minions dont get say spell damage. But do flaming skulls recieve plus fire damage? And if I pick up keystone cannot do nonfire damage but convert 50 percent of nonfire damage to fire would minions recieve that as well? What about bleed and poison damage? Are those fire to?
    Any instance that says increased is additive, regardless of source. Any instance that says more is multiplicative, regardless of source.

Eg.

You do 100 fire based spell damage base and have;
    +12% increased spell damage
    +20% increased spell damage
    +15% increased fire damage
    +48% increased elemental damage
    +30% more fire damage
    +17% more spell damage
    +42% more elemental damage

So it would be

[(100* (1+0.12+0.2+0.15+0.48))*1.3*1.17*1.42] = 421.165 damage

Unless it says that minions benefit from passive points/gear/spells, then they don't. The only thing that can benefit a minion that doesn't explicitly say so is linked support gems (eg if you link added fire to an SRS gem, then the SRS minions will have that additional % of their phys damage added as fire, which would also be modified further by thing like the elemental focus suppoprt gem).

Bleed is physical, Poison is chaos (and ignite/burning is fire, but hopefully that's obvious).

Side note: If you end up with more than 100% elemental damage conversion, you don't do that amount of damage, instead, the damage is apportioned out as a % of the total. Ie. Molten Strike deals [X]-[Y] damage as physical (dependant on your weapon) and converts 60% of that to fire. If you also wear Hrimsorrow gloves, then you convert 50% of your phys to cold. All conversion is additive, so you get a 60/50 split, but you don't do 110% of you phys damage, instead, it's broken down so you do [60%/(60+50)] = 54.55% fire and [50/(60+50)] = 45.45% cold.

[X]% of [type] damage gained as [type] damage is different though, and just adds [X]% of [type] damage as a bonus with no change to the original damage amount.Eg you hit someone for 100 damage with a Princess sabre equipped and you'll do 100 physical damage and 25-30 cold damage (dependant on the added damage % roll of the weapon). If you used Ice Crash while wearing Hrimsorrow and a Princess sabre, you'd be converting all 100 phys to 100 cold and then still getting your 25-30 additional cold damage as well because the damage started out (or even passed through at some stage in other examples) phys damage.