New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default False Blood Amulet

I've been trying to figure out exactly what this does and allows, but keyword especially is vague. f.e. Having the Living Construct keyword, it sure would be beneficial to me if I counted as one and didn't have to eat, drink, or sleep. I doubt this is a correct function, but things are rather vague. Any light to be shed on this item would be much appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: False Blood Amulet

I see no problem allowing that. But yeah, it's vaguely worded.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

It was designed for Eberron to specifically allow a Changeling to better pass itself off as a member of a different race. When taken out of that context, yes, the mechanical benefits become a bit hazy. Note, too, that RAW it doesn't scale; i.e. there is only the L7 version of the item.
    Through a series of unfortunate events, my handle on the WotC boards was darkwarlock.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

IMO, keywords refer specifically to meta/mechanical effects and how in-game objects interact with them.

Having the Living Construct keyword would benefit you if you, say, found a Graft that can only be worn by a Living Construct (which would have the LC keyword by virtue of Race).

Another example: having the Elf keyword would benefit you if you found a magic sword that has special powers if wielded by an Elf (which would have the Elf keyword).

I read on the rpg stackexchange that keywords are explained on p.55 of the PHB.