New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC: The Dragonshard War [Eberron] [4E] [Paragon] #1

Muricia d'Vadalis

"Grr. Adisa, get him away from the wheel!"

"Khreeh!" the griffon cried in response, grabbing and pulling at the minotaur captain with her talons.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action to use Griffon's Pull on M1.
    Attack vs. Reflex: (1d20+19)[22]
    Hit: (2d6+6)[18] damage + (2d6)[7] Quarry damage and the target is pulled to Q-R/67-68.

I'll make the secondary attack if it's successful.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Thrown off balance by the sudden lurching of the ship, Takashtai is unable to parry a lucky blow from one of the knights, though the combination of the magic shielding her and that weakening the man robs it of most of its force. Quickly regaining her balance, she makes a strike against the other knight, seeking to bind him in place with chains of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Can anyone see Slasher? he asks through Takashtai's telepathy.
    “I believe he had difficulty with his jump across. Last I saw, he was attached to the bow of the ship.”

Sensing an opening against the faltering knight, she launches a lightning quick beat and strike. As her glowing sword flashes out, a mote of light streaks towards Gerard, a tiny shard of il'Yannah's glory that serves to bolster his life force. At the last moment, she lets the blade slip past the knight face, twisting to bring the hilt up to clock him under the chin and send him to the deck, unconscious.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

Standard action – Hold Fast on K2 (1d20+20)[37] vs AC; on hit (2d8+8)[11] damage and target is immobilized until the end of Taki’s next turn.
    Action Point for Standard action – Virtuous Strike on K3 (1d20+20)[35] vs AC; on hit (1d8+8)[13] radiant damage
    CA from Fenti included on both attacks; Lightwalker action procs on AP use, healing Gerard for 5 HP (added to doc).
    Choosing non-lethal for final strike against K3.

K2’s attack vs K3 triggers Divine Sanction (11 radiant damage), K4s attack vs Gerard triggers Divine Sanction.
    In the interest of fairness, K2 would still hit me despite the additional -4; he rolled a nat 20. I’ve added the damage back onto Taki (max damage 12, -4 from resistance, then halved from weakness= 4).
    Last edited by Geckus; 2017-03-09 at 11:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Koebu

Feeling the tether between himself and Fenti beginning to stretch thin, Koebu steps a little closer to the edge of the ship. Fenti mimics his movement though stepping deeper into the enemy ship, where he could better get to the foes. The dino-spirit lays a taloned foot on one of the knights, again creating an opening for Takashtai to attack.

Koebu shouts over the gusting winds. "The fire elemental burns with desire to release his brothers! I say let him!"

Spoiler
    Show

Move: shift as shown on the map (Fenti also shifts with my move action).

Standard: Claws of the Eagle on K2. This will allow Takashtai to make a MBA (with CA and an extra +1) against K2. If the attack hits, then K2 will also grant CA until the end of my next turn (he already will because of Fenti, but hitting with the attack means he'll continue to grant it if he moves away somehow).

My ability to heal from this distance is limited, but I do have a couple of things I could do, so let me know if anybody needs it.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Caimhe grimaces and says, "Agreed, but make sure you guys hop on the big bird lest you fall into the skies below!" as she aimed for the minotaur again. This was next to useless, with how clumsy the controls were, but perhaps a wider shot would be...?

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Ballista AoE attack vs the Minotaur
    (1d20+11)[22] vs Reflex
    (1d10+5)[8] damage

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Takashtai lays into a knight as a great clap of thunder peels across the heavens! The wheel of the enemy vessel is flung in the opposite direction! The aft end of the ship slams into the Cloudsong with unbelievable force! The crew of both ships are flung away from the point of impact, the lesser amongst them knocked out from the violent crash! The elemental takes a tumble off the side, he grasps onto the ledge of the ship with one anthropomorphic hand. The heat from the creature intensifies! The Emerald Claw's ship suddenly bursts aflame! The Captain of the cloudsong calls out, "WE HAVE TO SEPARATE OR ELSE WE'LL BOTH CRASH!"

Kairon Godsbane howls, "MY SHIP! YOU... MONGRELS! YOU HAVE RUINED MY SHIP! I WILL KILL YOU!" With the furor only a captain of a lost vessel could know, the minotaur launches himself at both Muricia and Gerard with reckless abandon! The knight nearer Gerard stumbles around and tries to whack the fighter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minotaur v Muricia:
    [roll[1d20+20[/roll] v AC // (1d10+7)[14] + (1d10)[6] Necrotic

Minotaur v Gerard:
    [roll[1d20+20[/roll] v AC // (1d10+7)[15] + (1d10)[7] Necrotic

K4 v Gerard:
    [roll[1d20+13[/roll] v AC // (1d10+4)[6]

Last edited by Felhammer; 2017-03-10 at 01:53 AM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Caimhe let out a terrified cry and is sent tumbling, the pain aching throughout her entire body as she landed on the deck of the Cloudsong, wincing. "... ugh-- aghh--" she reached to her pocket and inhaled into a filtered little jar of pain-killing powder, for a moment, before grimacing. Good. She could still control the pain. "You're going down," she muttered, springing to her feet as she finally went to engage the Minotaur.

The woman's dash was a blur as she struck, and as she did so, a loud thunderclap accompanied her lightning assault onto the Minotaur's flank.

Show

Due to Darkwalker Kin, Caimhe gets CA against adjacent enemies -- allies also get this if they're adjacent to her.
    Move: As shown
    Standard: Riposte Strike on Minotaur
    (1d20+21)[30] vs AC
    (1d6+21)[25] lightning damage + (3d6)[4] sneak attack damage
    Due to Vigilante Justice Style, Caimhe will also make her immediate action riposte if he attacks an ally.
    Last edited by Merilan; 2017-03-10 at 02:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Attack vs Muricia triggers Combat Challenge
    Show
    Immediate Interrupt - Melee Basic Attack vs Kairon
    Attack vs Ref w/CA - (1d20+21)[28]
    Damage - (1d10+10)[11]

8. - Top - End - #68

Gerard

Pressed in on both sides, Gerard has trouble defending against Kairon and the knight. Both hammer away until suddenly the Cloudsong and the enemy ship collide. Gerard is nearly thrown off his feet. With an angry bellow, Kairon lashes out. Gerard strikes, impaling the minotaur. But Godsbane snorts and grabs the spear by its haft, pulling it out. He is about to say something, but a loud thunderclap sounds and Kairon jerks in motion, his face contorted in pain. His eyes close and the minotaur collapses, revealing Caimhe behind him. He nods at her, Slasher was on the bow of this ship. Did you see him? Before she can answer, the knight grabs him and Gerard knocks him back and brings his spear to bear. He forces the knight back, and trips him up with the spear, knocking the knight down the stairs into the elemental.

Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    Standard Action - Leveraging Strike
    Attack - (1d20+19)[24] Mark K4
    Damage - (2d10+10)[25]
    Hit Effect - Slide K4 five squares to T70.

If attack hits:

Move Action - Move to U70.
    Last edited by Dr.Samurai; 2017-03-10 at 12:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Kobold

Takashtai almost loses her blade as she is tossed stumbling a third of the way across the deck by the sudden, mighty collision of the two airships – even her psychic song cuts out for a moment at the shock of the impact. Shaking her head to clear it, she quickly takes stock of the new situation and then sprints to the bow, hoping that the Thranish warforged had somehow managed to keep his grip.

Show

Move action – run (speed+2) to the bow of the ship and look over the edge.
    If Slasher is still there, Standard action will be trying to help him up.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

The Paladin rushes over to the bow of the airship and peers over the ledge... All he sees are the warforged's two hulking great axes, firmly embedded into the hull of the ship...
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Muricia d'Vadalis

Griffon and rider both narrowly avoided the ships' collision--and the minotaur's deadly flail. Muricia was about to order her mount to pull back so they could make another pass when her quarry suddenly keeled over with a thunderclap, the wolf-girl standing behind him, her sword gleaming like lightning.

"Nice effects there, very fitting for the weather," she said with a smile, but then her expression turned serious as she quickly surveyed the battlefield. "But now we've got a bigger problem than that walking steak ever was. Adisa! Grab that wheel there, that thing! Grab the top of it!"

As she yelled her instructions over the storm, Muricia stowed her shield and her lance suddenly melted away, leaving a single spiked gauntlet in its place. She leaned forward and made a gripping motion with both hands together so Adisa could see it.

"Khyeh? Khyeeh! she replied, grasping the top of the wheel with her claws.

"Yes! Now pull down on it as hard as you can! Pull down!" the rider shouted. "Everyone brace yourselves!"

"Khreeeh!"

Spoiler
    Show

As minor actions, I'm stowing my shield away and turning my Dynamic Lance into a spiked gauntlet.

As a standard action, I'm directing Adisa to make an Athletics skill check to grab and pull down on the ship's wheel, in an effort to dislodge it from the Cloudsong. I understand if this seems like a bridge too far for what a beast companion can do, but Adisa does have Athletics trained, is a large creature so she can reach the wheel from where she is, and is capable of grabbing and pulling motions with her claws.

Assuming you'll allow it, here's her check: (1d20+16)[34]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Lee

Lee shields herself from the force of the collision with a practiced gesture of rod and blade. As she moves toward the stairs to the upper deck, she shuffles in some sort of odd dance and incants words that are torn away by the wind immediately. The skull topping her rod pulses with a yellow light waiting to be released.

Show
    I must have moved myself through that wall on a previous turn. My move action takes the long way around now, anyway -- from AD62 to AD61, then directly left to end on Z61.

Standard action -- ready to attack with glorious presence if at least two enemies get near enough. If an ally is in the spell's AoE, I can also let them shift 6 by invoking word of urgency.

No minor action.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Muricia and her griffin are able to put their shoulder into the wheel and pull the Emerald Claw's ship free. The devastation to both ships is fairly obvious once separated. The two ship's hulls have been obliterated at the point of impact, with both vessels now possessing gaping, open wounds. As Muricia tries to steer the ship, she finds it sluggish, especially for a ship of this size and design. A sudden thunderous crack sounds off. At first the party things it is the lightning but then the ship moans and creeks. Those aboard the Cloudsong watch in horror as the bottom half of the enemy ship simply falls off! The airship points downward and begins to crash! Both of the fire rings fail, freeing their captured elementals. Thankfully, they manifest beneath the vessel and fall, fall, fall, presumably to their deaths. The lone elemental manages to clamber up on deck. He looks to his left and to his right. He furiously grabs the last Emerald Claw Knight and incinerates him. The elemental stoops down and thrusts his amorphous head into Gerard's face as he howls and roars in primordial. The fire that was started by the elemental grows and spreads, encompassing more of what little remains of the airship!

Spoiler
    Show
    The Emerald Claw's ship is sinking. It is currently 10 feet below the Cloudsong.

DMing:

14. - Top - End - #74

Gerard

Gerard and the Emerald Claw knight can hardly pay each other any mind as the ship begins to fall apart and sink with the remaining elementals explosively escaping their bindings. Gerard grabs onto the rails of the stairs as the ship veers downward and tilts side to side. The fire elemental appears to go over the edge, but the driving rain pelting it throws up a cloud of steam and Gerard can't see if it falls or not. Suddenly, the steam cloud brightens and a giant tongue of flame reaches out and grabs the knight. The man reaches for Gerard, desperate to save his own life. Gerard recoils, but instinctively tries to rescue the man from his hellish fate, grabbing his arms. Gerard is no match for the fire elemental, and the knight is incinerated instantly. The elemental roars and thrusts its head forward in rage and defiance. The group needs to be off the sinking ship, and the elemental is a dangerous foe to turn their backs on. Gerard's eyes glance down to the burning planks. He calls on his dragonmark, the Mark of the Sentinel, to compel the elemental to attack him, and when the creature steps forward, he strikes the planks underneath it, causing them to partially collapse and trapping the elemental momentarily in the floor of the deck. Gerard quickly turns and runs past Koebu's spiritual guardian, making for the far stairs. He calls out to Caimhe and Muricia, Tell the Captain to match our descent, otherwise we won't make it on! He stops at the stairs and spurs Takashtai on, Hurry! You'll be cut off by the flames!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Minor Action - Kirre's Roar
    Effect - Fire Elemental is Marked by Gerard and Gerard gains Damage Resistance 3.
    Action - Melee Basic Attach vs Fire Elemental
    Attack w/Reach vs Reflex - (1d20+19)[34]
    Damage - (1d10+10)[16]
    Hit Effect - Fire Elemental is Immobilized until the start of Gerard's next turn.
    Move Action - Move to R66.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Lee

Not carrying her utility pouches at the moment, the vividly colored warforged casts about for a rope to throw, while skimming her mind for memories of knot-tying instruction. She shouts to the sailors, "The pilot must maneuver downward!" Then, pointing to one of the stunned gunners, she commands, "You -- prepare a harpoon if one is nearby."

Peering through the rain at the ruined ship, she scans the scene for her flying shard. She sees nothing, but then feels the itch inside that only appears while her familiar has returned to nest in her hatch. She concentrates on her spell a moment to help the rain snuff the spreading fire, then returns her attention to ropework.

Show
    Move to wherever rope is available, if any -- I chose W63 at random. Use standard action to start prepping for a throw. Minor action to use Affect Normal Fires to extinguish one square, if indeed this is a Normal Fire.

EDIT: I presume the chaos shard takes fire damage (it was in L69) and thus vanishes, not to return until I've rested.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2017-03-12 at 02:04 AM.

Current games list

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Caimhe winces and flails against the railing of the Emerald Claw as it exploded and tore in half, exclaiming, "Gods be damned..." she turned towards where the ship was starting to sink. "Now or never..." She looked to Muricia and said, "Let's hope I still know how to jump--!"

She leapt, grappling onto the side of the airship.

Show
    Making a jump to climb aboard the Cloudsong -- I'm activating my Spidersilk Mantle to give myself a climb speed to assist in doing this. (1d20+15)[27]
    Last edited by Merilan; 2017-03-12 at 02:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Koebu

Koebu races to the front of the ship, looking to toss a rope out to whoever could use one. As he prepares to throw a rope a spirit's voice whispers in his ear, make peace with the flames. I will assist your tongue. Koebu does not pause for a moment, but follows the spirit's guidance. "We are not your enemies. We have helped to kill those who imprisoned you, and now we will leave you to release your friends if you'll let my companions off your ship in peace. They seek only a quick return here, and then you may do as you wish."

He then calls out to his companions, so that his message will be understood by both sides. "I've told the elemental we only wish to leave it in peace. Just get back here, don't attack him. Taking the minotaur's body might reveal why they attacked, if you are able."

Spoiler
    Show

Move: to a pile of ropes near the front of the ship. Also move Fenti away from the flames.

Minor: Speak with Spirits to give my next diplomacy check a +5 bonus.

Standard: Diplomacy - (1d20+9)[12] on the Fire Elemental.

18. - Top - End - #78

Kobold

Takashtai

Slamming her hand against the rail in a burst of anger when she finds only axes still hanging from the bow of the ship, Takashtai spins back around to see the Cloudsong tear itself free of the Emerald Claw vessel, which was now clearly doomed to a fatal crash landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    He stops at the stairs and spurs Takashtai on, Hurry! You'll be cut off by the flames!
    “It’s not the fire that worries me…”

With a thought, she wills her armour to transform, shining metal fading away between steps to become basic sailor’s garb that won’t impede her movements as she sprints towards the stern and the too far away Cloudsong, sheathing her blade as she goes to leave a hand free.

“Jumping and climbing really aren’t my forte.”

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Minor action - transform armour back to clothing, removing speed and check penalty.
    Move action - sheathe sword
    Standard action - run! 8 spaces to beside Gerard

19. - Top - End - #79

Gerard

He knows the answer already, but as Takashtai meets him near the stairs, Gerard asks the question anyways, Slasher?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Muricia d'Vadalis

Muricia's eyes widened as the wolf-girl leapt high over the side.

"Are you crazy!?" she hollered after her, but that yell died in her throat after seeing she not only had made the jump, she had clambered all the way up onto the deck of the Cloudsong. "Huh, I've never seen a wolf do that."

She nodded at Koebu's statement--the one she could understand anyway--and turned her attention to her remaining companions on the faltering Emerald Claw ship.

"I'm sending Adisa over to you! Between her and the ropes you should be able to make it back fine!" she called out to Gerard and Takashtai, then leaned over to speak to her griffon, gesturing at the two warriors and the Cloudsong as she did. "You hear me, girl? Make sure they get back safe to the ship."

"Khweeh?"

"Don't worry about me, if need be we'll do our drill," Muricia replied, making a diving gesture as she hopped off her mount, then gave her an encouraging pat to her hind quarters. "Now get!"

With that, the griffon soared down to the lower deck while her rider bent down to have a look at her fallen prey.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to dismount to V-67.

Standard action to order Adisa to P/Q-65/66.

Minor action to make an active Perception check on Mr. Godsbane's corpse, rolling twice and taking the higher result per Preternatural Senses.

Perception: (1d20+15)[28]; (1d20+15)[23]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

With great haste the party rushes off the deck of the enemy ship. Between Takashtai, Muricia and Gerard, the hulking corpse of the Minotaur is hauled up on to the Cloudsong. Just in time, too, since more of the Emerald Claw's airship sloughs off, sending the upper deck careening down to the land below. The Cloudsong, for its part, is beaten and battered but nothing a few days worth of repairs will not resolve. As the Captain navigates the Cloudsong towards Rekeenmark, the party takes a chance to comb over the corpse of the minotaur. The Ambassador, upon hearing the "all clear signal" rushes up onto deck. "Is... Oh! Good. Everyone made it then. Who attacked us? Why?" She does not seem to have realized Slasher is missing...

Spoiler
    Show
    • 1 Set of Bracers of Mighty Striking
    • a +2 Large-Sized Flail
    • 2 horns that have been coated with Adamantine
    • 1 Fancy hat
    • a sack of small Red Spinels (worth 4,000 gp)
    • a envelope with a broken seal
    Spoiler: Envelope
    Show
    The envelope was sealed with green wax and impressed upon it was the symbol of the Emerald Claw.

Inside the envelop is a simple note, scrawled by a person with precise handwriting.

My good Captain,

I hope this finds you well. You have been ordered to attack an airship that will be leaving from Flamekeep and heading to Rekkenmark in one week's time. On board, you will find Ambassador Ayrhil ir'Athore. She is headed to Rekkenmark for a clandestine meeting with a noble from Karrnath. We cannot allow this meeting to take place. You are to take her alive, if possible. If not, then be sure to claim her head. Our mutual friend would very much like to acquaint himself with her knowledge. The ship will be manned by a smattering of random deck hands and House Lyrandar officers. Their lives our meaningless. Butcher them all, if you so desire. Also aboard the ship will be several bodyguards including a Human girl (who seems to have an affinity for dogs), a female member of House Vadalis, a male member of House Deneith, three Warforged, a Kalashtar and a Halfling. Under no circumstance are you to kill them. Maiming is permissible. If you can, our mutual friend would very much like to acquire one of the warforged's axes. They are potent weapons, practically bathed in blood daily for the better part of two hundred years. Our other friends will find the tasks set before them monumentally easier if they possess those axes.

The messenger has come with a sack of Red Spinels, as usual. This sack is one quarter of the reward. When the mission is complete, head to Fort High to deliver the Ambassador and receive the rest of your compensation.

Regards,

- Mardonius

P.S. Do kill the messenger. He knows too much already.

DMing:

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Caimhe spent a bit of time catching her breath as she put her lightning blade away to her side, before pulling over to inspect the dead minotaur's body and eventually unearth the sigil, peering and reading it silently for a moment. "... oh, come now," she mumbles, "They can't even catch that I'm still technically part of House Tharashk? Retired, granted..." She glances back to Ayrhil.

"Addressed from someone named... 'Mardonius'? Wanted to send you to Fort High." She tapped her chin, in thought of whether or not it was someone she'd heard of. She also passed the letter around to whoever wanted to read it next.

Show
    Streetwise, maybe? (1d20)[11]+16.

23. - Top - End - #83

Kobold

Once everyone is safely back on the Cloudsong, Takashtai offers a short bow to both Muricia and her feathered companion. “My thanks for your assistance, Muricia, and yours noble one. Getting back to the ship without it would have been…challenging.”

“We lost a man with the ship, we should at least make an attempt to retrieve him.” While Takashtai doubted the ability of anyone to survive such a fall unaided, it was possible the warforged had possessed some magic that would allow it. “I will speak to the Captain about making a low pass over the wreckage.”

Spoiler
    Show

Just in case the captain needs convincing: Diplomacy (1d20+15)[25]

24. - Top - End - #84

Gerard

Gerard hurries back to the railing of the Cloudsong, hoping to see any sign of Slasher still on the enemy ship that Takashtai might have missed.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+14)[27], (1d20+14)[17]

Inquisitive feature allows me to roll Perception twice and use the better result.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Muricia d'Vadalis

Muricia tried to wave off the bowing, but Adisa puffed herself up proudly.

"Khyeeh!"

That prompted an eyeroll, though she may have done so at the suggestion that Slasher was a man.

"Right. So, who all knew about our little trip--and who all is on it? Kind of them to not want to kill the hired help, whoever they are."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Koebu

Koebu waits his turn to read the letter. He shakes his head as he reads it, his lips pursing into a grimace. "The paper gives more questions than answers." He calls out to Takashtai as she leaves to speak with the captain. "As we search for Slasher, we should also recover his axes. I pray the spirits have kept him safe, but even if not we must keep his axes away from the enemy."

When he is finished reading, he passes the letter off to the ambassador. "I may be able to read the omens to provide some more answers, if you wish. There are a great many questions that need answers, and my ability to read the clues left by the spirits is limited, but I will try when we have time."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    When Koebu is finished reading, he passes the letter off to the ambassador. "I may be able to read the omens to provide some more answers, if you wish. There are a great many questions that need answers, and my ability to read the clues left by the spirits is limited, but I will try when we have time."
    In her serene lilt, Lee chimes in immediately after, "Please be advised: my divinatory function remains at the Ambassador's command. As before, simple ask a question prior to our rest period and I shall feel for omens in the stillness. I realize you found the previous responses imperfectly enlightening, but some clues are easier to interpret than others." She looks at her comrades-in-arms and adds, "Suggestions as to the particular subject of my omen-seeking are welcome from all participants."

More quietly, as if speaking to herself, she adds, "Adjunct note: wording heavily implies the attack was not commissioned by Karrnath affiliates. Query: was this letter intended to fall into our hands? ... Query appears to meet standards for 'paranoia without evidence' and should thus be disregarded."

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    "Who attacked us? Why?"
    Belatedly realizing no one has quite answered ir'Athore's central question yet, Lee adds, "Ambassador, please be advised: The attackers were fanatics of the Emerald Claw, and their stated mission was to capture you."
    Last edited by Dimers; 2017-03-14 at 01:50 AM.

Current games list

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Me!? Why?" She reads the note, "Interesting. How did they know were we going to go on this mission? The Queen only asked me last night... And why me? It seems the Emerald Claw does not want Thrane meddling in this little war. All the more reason to ensure we make it to Rekkenmark post haste. Captain, full speed ahead!"

Meanwhile, the Captain has been pulled aside by Takashtai, who is beseeching her to dive down to search for survivors. With a hoarse voice the captain says, "With all do respect, Ambassador, we should see if we can find your man, Slasher..."

"No. He is dead. We need to move on. We have more pressing concerns." The absolute callousness in ir'Athore's voice is quite stunning, given the warmth and affection she showed the Warforged earlier. "And Captain, I will see you removed if you question my orders again." With that Ayrhil saunters back into the cabin.

The good Captain appears blown away by the hostility presented to her. She quietly gathers her men and orders them to fly at top speed.

The Cloudsong makes good time, beating the storm that is coming to Rekkenmark by several hours. The airship comes to a halt at the tower-like dock located in the outskirts of town. The Ambassador gathers her bodyguards in the cabin for one last meeting before venturing into the city. The woman's demeanor is chilly and distant, to say the least. "My new friends. We are about to be escorted to the Military Academy. We will be escorted by soldiers. They will most likely wish to take your weapons. I will tell them not to, most aggressively, but there are no guarantees. I highly suggest each of you take a dagger and hide it on your person. They will not search you, they will only take your most obvious of weapons. Given the attack that just happened... I am expecting more like it. Perhaps not as overt. We will need to be constantly vigilant for danger. They will likely send assassins after us."

"Before we set off, are there any questions?"
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

"That's pretty cold... ..." Caimhe murmured under her breath, glancing down towards the skies. She didn't particularly like Slasher, but it wasn't like she wished for his death or anything either. That said, what did happen to him? She could barely keep track of everyone in the chaos of the battle between the two airships, and the Ambassador's comment did pique curiousity... "...but, well, if we're safe for the time being, I'm going to turn back. It hurts to stay like this."

And with that, she's 'poofed' back into being an adorable wolf-doggie. :3 Woof woof!

It was in that form that Caimhe spent the rest of the trip, just dozing off in her comfortable little basket-nest. Ever so often, she might bug someone -- Lee or Gerard -- to go play ball with her, or she could be found chewing on a hard wooden chew toy.

And when they were docked in town...

... well, there's no member of House Tharashk here, was there? Just an adorable little doggie with no weapons at all. Woof woof.

30. - Top - End - #90

Kobold

After the Ambassador’s vicious shutting down of any potential search and recovery, Takashatai speaks to the captain one last time. “My apologies, Captain. I had not anticipated such a…firm reaction from my employer.” Though her voice remains soft and calm, on the inside the kalashtar woman is a roiling storm of emotion – anger, disgust, and sorrow warring for dominance – the only outward sign of which is a tightening of her fist around the hilt of her sword. She hadn’t particularly liked the warforged after their brief contact, and could even see several reasons for wanting to leave him behind, but that did not keep it from striking her as simply wrong. “I appreciate your willingness to assist, even if others do not; feel free to call on me should you have need at a later date.”

Later on in the Ambassador’s cabin, she nods at the woman’s explanation of what was to come – if it came to it, not having access to her blade would be unfortunate, but not insurmountable. Good eyes and the ability to read people would be more important to maintaining their charge’s safety than weapons while moving through city streets.

Using the same mental link as during the battle, she projects her thoughts to the rest of the bodyguard detail. “A shame we are so far from Sharn, we could do with a good inquisitive; as it stands we are forced to yield the initiative to an enemy we know next to nothing about.”

Spoiler: Felhammer
    Show
    Paranoia time: Given her change in demeanor, Taki is keeping a closer eye on the Ambassador, watching for other changes in behavior and habits, her mental ‘feel’ – it may be nothing (she is an ambassador after all, and putting on a show for others is expected), but changelings are a thing, and the battle would have been a great distraction….

Insight: (1d20+17)[30]
    Perception: [roll[1d20+13[/roll]