New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXIX: Ro, Ro, Ro Your Boute

Sounds a lot like the GW/Cyanide story. Cyanide release Blood Bowl knock-off, GW comes knocking, decides to take a cut of the profits with a proper Blood Bowl game rather than sue.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    At 2500 points, it could work.
    Especially if you are IG, who are not alien at all to the 30k setting.
    Whoever, point that 30k marines are NOT 40k marines. there will be rules to be learned in order to have a proper game.

Luckily, you know is legion, so it cuts down on your learning needs, as you can just focus specifically on them.

So overall, you need to build your army as if you are facing something between 40k codex marines, and legion based CSM
    Well, he did say something about doing 2500 points in 29 models with "zero Lords of War or flyers" (the fact that a Lord of the Legion is not a Lord of War is not lost on me) at first, so I'm expecting Herohammer, superheavies, or both. I'll make a list with the Shadowsword and a list without and use whichever one is more sporting against what he brings. Though at 2500 points of Guard, I basically can't help but swamp 29 models, whatever they may be, in bodies and hulls; at that points level there's nothing else I can do.

Anyway:

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Sounds a lot like the GW/Cyanide story. Cyanide release Blood Bowl knock-off, GW comes knocking, decides to take a cut of the profits with a proper Blood Bowl game rather than sue.
    Sounds like GW is adapting it's strategies to the current times. Copy back what was copying you to get your fanbase back.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Warhammer 40k Tabletop XXX: Imperium After Dark
    The double meaning gets my vote.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Well, he did say something about doing 2500 points in 29 models with "zero Lords of War or flyers" (the fact that a Lord of the Legion is not a Lord of War is not lost on me) at first, so I'm expecting Herohammer, superheavies, or both. I'll make a list with the Shadowsword and a list without and use whichever one is more sporting against what he brings. Though at 2500 points of Guard, I basically can't help but swamp 29 models, whatever they may be, in bodies and hulls; at that points level there's nothing else I can do.
    All superheavies are Lords of War, so no shadowsword or so on his side.

At 29 models though?
    A tooled up HQ, some SS terminators, and some super dreadnoughts is what I'd expect. 30k has some dreads who are "not quite superheavies, but close"

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

My vote goes to Imperium After Dark or the Hype Train has a Toughness Value.

I was mulling over the new wound chart and I realized I might be able to pull off a list nucleus I've been sitting on for a while. Not the most original or crazy idea, mind you, just a fun one. My plan was to spam a bunch land speeders and then a bunch of tactical squads in Rhinos and some bikes, with the plan of attack being a swarm of tooled up and armed to the teeth landspeeders (maybe with Sableclaw, whose loadout feels a little more dangerous in this edition, as twin linked assault cannons and heavy bolters in 8th is a lot of dakka that can hurt most things on 5's) and bikes aggressively swamping the enemy while the mechanized tacticals grab objectives. Even heavy-bolter armed landspeeders would be hypothetically dangerous with the new wounding chart, and with a few Typhoons and multimeltas they'd be downright terrifying, while the bikes/black knights handle melee and other specific targets. I never tried it before in full because my land speeders always died to stiff breezes. If land speeders are decent in this edition, I might actually get a chance to try it out. Of course, there's no real substantial information so I guess I'll have to wait for another two weeks of drip feeds.
    “Stupid entropy ruins everything.”
    -Jennifer Ouellette

My divine portfolio (cred goes to Jormengand):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bobby, the Twist in Time
    Divine Rank: 4
    Deity of: Twisted Truth, Time
    Symbol: A pair of wings made of fossils
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Worshipers: Archaeologists, forgers
    Cleric Alignments: Any neutral