New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Novices of the White Tower IC - Part 1

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

The year is 980 NE, and the nations of the westlands are just recovering from the bitter war they fought a few years ago against the Aiel. Tensions between neighbours rise once again and the alliances of the Great Coalition begin to fail.

In Tar Valon, Sierin Vayu is the Amyrlin Seat, once a sister of the Grey Ajah, now she wears the seven coloured stole. Hers has been a harsh rule, but a fair one, though some whisper at the number of Reds she has surrounded herself with. In her most recent decree she has even banned male servants from the Tower, such is her fervour.

Yet these are not concerns for Novices, nor others training in the Tower, who are more concerned with the gaiety that has come to the White Tower: it is nearly Springfest! The city itself is decked out in colour and the cityfolk are preparing for the festivities. The novices are outside watching the preparations having been freed from their lessons early. The trainees too are enjoying some hard earned time off, perhaps because their masters know they will get little out of them with their minds on the festivities to come.

It is in such times that a lone Aes Sedai returns to the tower. She sits astride a beautiful white mare and has the ageless face that marks her as a servant of all. Dismounting leisurely and spying the novices she signals for the group of girls to come over. She also beckons to a pair of trainees who are separate from the rest.

"Girls, my belongings are being kept at the Blue Cat in the city. I'm told that for some reason there are no porters to collect them so I must ask you to please fetch them and see them brought to my rooms. Trainees, please make yourselves useful and help these novices, I believe they'd appreciate it."

"I am Elinar Sedai, and you'll find my rooms in the Red Ajah quarters."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Novices of the White Tower IC - Part 1

Lilleah

It's a rather exciting time with all the festivities. Being let out of the tower is also great. At least being allowed to leave without being questioned on where she was going and to what task she was put and by whom she was put to task. The sisters loved playing ten questions. Except instead of play they just questioned. And instead of loving it, they seemed to be annoyed by the answers regardless of them. Oh, she loves the browns and the way they seem to marvel at things and just have generally good attitudes. Plenty of other sisters seem so important. But they truly are important. They are Aes Sedai, after all. And she aims to wear one of those colored shawls one day. If she can... ever get over this thing they call a block. Why is everyone so up at her about it? And why is it... shameful? She can out channel half the novices, when she can that is, and yet she's made to be felt somehow inferior in everything.

Her elbows are still sore from cleaning that oven.

"Yes, Elinar Sedai," she says reflexively with a curtsy after being called over and given rather brief commands. She's never met Elinar Sedai before. Where did she come from? But a red. Too bad that. Lil' already has a well-developed uneasiness from reds.

She waits for the Aes Sedai to be on her way before looking around and just then noticing with whom she's been set to task.
    Last edited by An Amy; 2017-03-07 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typo

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Nesta

"Yes, Elinar Sedai"
    , a dark-skinned novice so thin that, if not for a dress, she would easily be mistaken for an undernourished boy replies, looking downward - both to indicate respect and to hide a frown. Nesta, too, doesn't like Reds much - even though she can hardly say which Ajah she prefers (Yellow, maybe? At least it seems she does have some talent with healing...). But, of course, that's not a reason to argue - even if, as a novice, she could ever argue the full Sister in the first place.

Then again, at least there's one reason for her to like the assignment - at least, it's something for her to do. For, unlike most, she isn't that enthusiastic about the Springfest. Regular days in the Tower might be hard, but they are at least familiar - or, at least, unfamiliar in a familiar way. And, at the very least, too busy to really think about it. Holidays, however, just make her miss home all the more...

But enough thinking about it; surely Elinar Sedai won't be pleased if they take too long fulfilling her task...
    Last edited by jamieth; 2017-03-07 at 04:45 PM.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, springtime! Nicaene gratefully took in a deep breath of fresh air. Much as she enjoyed training, it was nice to let her hair down sometimes. It also gave her a chance to get away from her fellow trainees. She did her best to ignore their unwelcome stares as she walked. Given the choice, she'd much rather hang around the novices. The aspiring Warder stared wistfully over at the girls in their pure white dresses. Perhaps some day, one of them would claim her bond. If only she had a legitimate reason to stay beside them.

Just as that wish crossed her mind, the Wheel granted it. An Aes Sedai was beckoning to her! Nicaene smiled as she rushed towards the woman: A smile that diminished slightly when she saw Taryn Locke coming along too. That boy had been sour to her since the day they'd met. Ah well. There were plenty of sisters around to keep him in his place.

The newly arrived Nicaene bowed respectfully to Elinar Sedai. She was most grateful for the opportunity to be useful.

"At once, Elinar Sedai. I'll carry any luggage that the novices can't handle."

Judging by past experience, that'd be most of it. Aes Sedai weren't exactly known for their titanic strength.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Once, when he was younger, Taryn might have been overjoyed to be free from studies. Now, he found it more a disappointment than a blessing. True, it left him plenty of attention to spare for the beautiful weather, but the fact was, there wasn't much to do at the Tower besides train. Taryn tried to relax and enjoy his freedom as he walked the grounds, but every time he let his mind wander, it went right back to the grip of his sword, making his hand twitch as he went over forms in his imagination. Standing in the Tower's shadow always had that effect on him. Even after so many months, it was hard not to feel energized by being there, in the presence of the great Aes Sedai--hard not to want to work harder, to contribute, to prove he deserved his place.

When the sister beckoned, he practically leapt to answer, grateful enough to hardly be bothered by the red shawl that might otherwise have set him on edge. What soured his mood more was seeing Nicaene approaching as well. Perfect. Another chance for her to make me look foolish.

He kept his annoyance off his face as he inclined his head respectfully, echoing the chorus of "yes, Elinar Sedai." It hardly sounded like the most exciting of tasks, but it was something to take up his time, at least.

6. - Top - End - #6

Lilleah

She easily spots Nicaene and makes her way over to her trainee friend. An odd thing, she originally thought, a female warder. There was nothing against it. She even asked several browns about it and even a gray or two regarding tower law forbidding female warders. They knew who she had been speaking off as well. There is nothing in tower law that prevents it. Just that... well... men are better at it? Hah... tell that to Taryn. Lilleah spots him there a well and gets that smile that crosses her features in a slightly mischievous way.

"Hello, Nesta," she says to the Atha'an mierei girl with a pleasant smile and a wave. She really wishes she could have more to talk about with her. She's curious about sea folk culture and ways. And the rumors that woman are just naked. Like all the time. Such... and no one looks at them! So weird. So weird. But, she tries not to seem too eager just to sate her own curiosity. Something natural needs to come up between them. This might be a good opportunity as well...

"I see you brought your boyfriend, Nicaene," Lilleah teases in her very mild, observant tone as she comes to a stop very near her friend as to keep her words as private as the next couple feet. Her lips are struggling to keep the smile from splitting her from ear to ear, she chances a glance over her shoulder at Taryn. And his efforts to keep his beard shaven. There wasn't much cute about him except his demeanor. And the whole beard-shaving thing.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Nicaene rolled her eyes at Lilleah's insinuation. She was used to such taunts by now. Their relationship had evolved a lot over time. Being befriended by a channeler had been a bit overwhelming. At first, Nicaene had tried her best to behave like Lilleah's respectful servant. That hadn't lasted long. It soon became clear that this girl didn't want a mere subordinate. And besides, she wasn't an Aes Sedai yet. Gradually, Nicaene had stopped seeing Lilleah as some awe-inspiring figure: And come to know her as a fellow pupil. These days, she'd even started to do some teasing of her own. Once Elinar Sedai had turned away, Nicaene leaned forward, and whispered in her friend's ear.

"Say what you like. You're just jealous that I get to be around men all the time."

The grass is always greener on the other side. So many hormonal novices would love to be amongst the Warder trainees. And yet, the one woman allowed to do so just wanted to get away from them.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2017-03-08 at 12:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hi, Lilleah", Nesta returns the greeting with, for once, a genuine smile - the other girl is having a rather hard life in the Tower herself, and that makes Nesta want to support her...
    "Hi, Nicaene..." she adds, trying to conceal a sigh. It's always hard, seeing a female Warder trainee around... not because Nesta sees something wrong in the idea, no, it's just she's... jealous. Nicaene is what Nesta herself wanted to be, what she trained to be, until declared unfit... of course, she never told anyone her feelings about it. It was too embarrasing.
    "I wonder how many stuff does Elinar Sedai have that she needs five people to carry it..." she whispers, once safely out of the woman's earshot.
    Last edited by jamieth; 2017-03-08 at 04:05 AM.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

9. - Top - End - #9

Ella

Ella smiled, almost jumped at the possibility to get off Tower grounds and intertwine herself in the streets of Tar Valon.
    As much as she has learned this past year, the appeal of the street never let her.
    She even dreamed of the people, of the buildings, of the lives she met. And she had nightmares... Nightmares of all the malice people were capable of. Nightmares about dark places, where once upon a time her, or a different her to be more precise, had to live.

But now she was on a path she never dreamed of.

"Of course Aes Sedai." She says and gives a small bow "It will be my pleasure".

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Let's give it a Diplomacy roll to improve atitude
    (1d20+5)[21]

After the Aes Sedai leaves, she shrugs her shoulders and says to the others "At least we can see other people."
    I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

10. - Top - End - #10

Lilleah

"Jealous?" she questions with a raised brow. "Sure. Not for any reason other than they're not a bunch of girls. Are the boys as petty when in large groups, cramped together?"

Knowing that her rhetorical question would probably be answered, she quietly works at her right wrist a little with her fingers. Kneading into her flesh around the bone where she's sore from scrubbing down that bloody oven. She wonders if getting a paddling is worse than getting put to the kitchens.

"And you get sent to Laras to transmute a cast iron kettle into gold by scrubbing it for a day?" She keeps that rather hush. She's not really complaining... much, but she did find it unfair that Isla Sedai picks on her. Lilleah has a block... everyone knows that. By the stones, everyone knows...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Nicaene's mocking expression became a sympathetic one. Teasing didn't come naturally to her. It was pretty easy to break that mask. She cast a significant glance back at the boy behind her.

"Yes. Yes, they most certainly are that petty. And the punishments can be harsh. But I'm sure the path to that shawl is harsher than the one I walk."

From what she'd heard, becoming a Warder was a casual stroll compared to becoming an Aes Sedai. As Nicaine herself strolled along the road to the Blue Cat, she made sure to stay alongside her friend.

"Just remember that I'm here for you. If you ever need to talk, or rant, or relieve some pressure, you can always reach out. That's what people like me are for: Helping people like you."

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateWench

Elinar smiles back at Ella's apparent eagerness: "I'll put in a good word with Amira when I see her," she replies pleasantly and saunters off in search of someone to take her horse.

Now that the group is assembled they need to decide what to do next: do any of them even know where the Blue Cat is?

Spoiler: Knowledge Local [DC 10
    Show
    ]The Blue Cat is a notable inn in the city that is actually in the shape of a cat, surely it can't be hard to find.

Spoiler: Knowledge Local [DC 15
    Show
    ]The Blue Cat can be reached by leaving the Sunset gate at the South West of the Tower and heading towards the bridge that leads to Alindaer. It is Ogier made and very distinctive.

13. - Top - End - #13

Lilleah

Despite her usual teases as actual gestures of friendship, it is often relieving that Nicaene didn't subscribe to that. Keeping up with it sometimes for the sake of continuity could be tiring. Even when it was fun.

"Thanks, Nicaene. Yeah... I would say that novice life is more difficult. They do it on purpose. The beds. The small rooms. Anyway... let's find this inn. Do you know where it is?"

She glances to some of the others. "Nesta? Ella? Oh, Ella! Hi. Either of you happen to know where the Blue Cat is?"

(1d20+3)[6]
    Last edited by An Amy; 2017-03-08 at 02:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, it's that funny building near the Great Fish Market, isn't it?" Nesta replies, "One that looks like a sleeping cat? I heard it was built by Ogier - never was there myself, though..." now, the girl actually shows some excitement. "Let's go, I think we can shorten our way through that alley!"

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Kn. Local: (1d20+3)[23]
    Last edited by jamieth; 2017-03-08 at 02:53 PM.

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #15

Lilleah

"A sleeping cat-shaped building?" Lilleah muses curiously. "Just about everything here is Ogier-made. But a cat? I wonder why Elinar Sedai even stayed at an inn in the first place... when she has a room at the tower."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

"Maybe her room in the tower is as uncomfortable as yours. Novices might not be the only who ones who have to suffer that sort of thing."

17. - Top - End - #17

"Probably for meetings that she didn't want others to know about." Ella answers. What she didn't say but Implied was that others included other Aes Sedai.
    Last edited by protheuz; 2017-03-09 at 07:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Lilleah

"Secret meetings that she didn't want other Aes Sedai knowing about," she began to reason it out, "but probably included other Aes Sedai... but she then sends three novices and two warder trainees to fetch her belongings. Oh, by the Stone..."

Lilleah stops for a moment considering then quickly resumes following Nesta's lead through the pristine streets. "Should we get a cart or something? Five people to get one Aes Sedai's carrywiths? Anyway, getting novices to do something is not the way to keep something secretive."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Nicaene tactfully ignored the talk of conspiracy. Such baseless speculation wasn't really her style. She preferred to stick to the known facts. The talk of luggage, on the other hand, was familiar territory for her. Trainees often served as impromptu porters.

"If a cart were needed, Elinar Sedai would probably have mentioned it. Fear not, little novice. You've got two big strong trainees to help you carry all those heavy things."

She rolled back a sleeve and flexed her arm muscles. Nicaene enjoyed getting to use her physical strength for a good cause. It reassured her that, even in this place full of wondrous channelers, there was still a use for normal people like her.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2017-03-08 at 04:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Lilleah

She continues to walk in rather contemplative silence unless directly asked a question or if something jumps out and is too interesting to ignore. Otherwise she ponders. Nicaene does not have the physique Lilleah was brought up to want for herself. Or even to define as feminine. In fact, it wasn't really. Nicaene had what... a lumberjack and a carpenter as parents. And Lilleah wasn't sure who was the mother or father with regards to those occupations. Still, lacking in the refinement her own mother tried to instill in her, Lilleah found Nicaene a marvel. A beauty in her own right... not of courtly virtues or noble delicacies, but of something more... more... pure and powerful. She would make a fine warder for someone indeed. If only she'd be around and unclaimed by the time Lilleah gained the shawl. Warder trainees graduated into their respective fields faster than novices did. Some novices spent decades before earning the right to wear the shawl and claim an Ajah. Being a female, however, might not. Some still probably expected the girl to leave the tower and return. She wondered what would the reactions be when Nicaene refused and remained to become a warder. Well... she could only become a warder once she was bonded.

Would a red bond her? They didn't take warders because they were men. That was just pure prejudice on their part. But a female warder? Oh, Lilleah wondered what the opinions were regarding this. She had to find that out...

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateWench

Nesta showed surprising forthrightness, and led the group south, through the Sunset gate and towards the fish market. Despite her shortcut it still took the group nearly an hour to reach the inn, as they had to bypass various groups setting up for the festivities, not to mention merry makers who had started early.

The Sea Folk novice eventually led the group to the Blue Cat. And it truly deserved the name: built of the same pure stone that made up much of the city, the inn itself was three stories high, but each curve and story somehow gave the impression of a giant creature's limb, and the whole impression did seem to be feline, though not blue. That must have been artistic license.

The sun was just nearing the horizon as the group entered, and found a well upholstered common room, though with few clientele at this time, and a man and woman clearing plates and glasses behind the bar.

Spoiler: Listen DC 10
    Show
    There are sounds of breaking and a faint commotion coming from a door at the far end of the common room.

Spoiler: Spot DC 10
    Show
    One man sitting alone is not being very surreptitious about watching your group as you enter. He has barely touched his drink.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Nicaene was relieved to see the inn finally appear. The journey had been fairly pleasant; But if they took too long to fetch the luggage, Elinar Sedai might be displeased. Nicaene hurried inside. The sooner they loaded up, the sooner they could start heading back.

"All right, everyone. Let's get s-what was that?!"

Behind one of the common room doors, she could hear objects being smashed. Was someone fighting? Ignoring the stare of a patron who'd taken an interest in their little group, Nicaene rushed towards that door. Something might be wrong!

23. - Top - End - #23

Lilleah

"And it's still the same..." Lilleah is explaining to... well, whoever had been listening the first time when she answered a question regarding her block. "But... huh? Nicaene..."

Lilleah too hears the commotion, but she doesn't think too much of it. It's a common room. Perhaps there is a mistress of kitchens here in the inn as well. And maybe some novice kitchen hand is receiving a justly-delivered talking to. Even if a bit stern. But, is anyone else alarmed? Any maids clutching trays or hands to their chest gasping in worry? Anyone taking to their feet in anticipation of either running or intervening?

"It may be nothing... Nicaene..." she calls after her friend. Pursuing just steps behind her. Hands holding her skirts up from the floor of the inn. No telling how clean it was. "Let's just get... Stone of Tear, I've forgotten her name. Let's just..."

Spot (1d20+3)[5]
    Listen (1d20+5)[16]
    Last edited by An Amy; 2017-03-08 at 07:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Taryn kept quiet as the group headed for the inn, feeling rather out of place around the girls and not wanting to intrude--after all, they were supposed to be his superiors, and might prefer he keep his mouth shut. However, the talk of secret meetings between Aes Sedai unsettled him. People talked about such things plenty, of course, but he didn't find it a pleasant notion, and tried his best not to listen. If it were true, though, he had a strong suspicion that involving novices and trainees wouldn't be nearly as compromising as the others seemed to think, for even if they spoke up about it, who of any consequence would believe them?

He tried to put it out of his mind. Luckily, the sight of the inn made that easy. Wishing for another moment outside to examine it, he nonetheless followed Nicaene and Lilleah through the doors. As he surveyed the common room, something else to distract him from Aes Sedai secrets caught his eye: a man alone at a table, hands nowhere near his drink, making little effort to be subtle about watching them. Before he could warn the others, Nicaene was off after some noise he hadn't heard. "What is it?" he said. "I didn't hear anything..." His hand strayed to the hilt of his sword; perhaps he was being paranoid, but this whole errand was beginning to unsettle him.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Nesta didn't hear anything either - nothing out of ordinary, that is; there were of course plenty of things to hear on the common room. She did, however, notice the man keeping an eye on them; quickly checking her dress to make sure there's nothing wrong with it, she just stood there motionless, waiting for things to start making sense... Surely it'll turn out the noises others heard were nothing special, right?

Extended signature

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

The door swings open again behind the group, and another young woman in novice white peers inside. Seeing Taryn and Nesta, she steps in and closes the door carefully behind herself - although a hint of dismay shadows her otherwise impassive face at the sight of the other Sea Folk novice. As usual, Cirelyn's novice dress is immaculately clean and neat, although it does not particularly flatter her tall spare frame. Her black hair is cropped short, not a wisp out of place.

"Hello, Nesta. And Taryn, isn't it? I assume Elinar Sedai sent you as well?" she says after a moment, rather awkwardly. "Apologies if I'm late - finding this place was a little more challenging than I'd expected -"

She breaks off, and frowns down the length of the common room. "What is... hmm." She glances at the pair cleaning behind the bar, apparently unperturbed, and then looks down to Taryn's hand on his sword hilt. "Is something happening that I should know about?"
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

27. - Top - End - #27

Ella enters the room. It was a magnificent room compared to some she'd seem before.
    Seeing some of the other girls getting tense she whispers so everyone hears "Just a small comotion in the other room and we're being watched. Calm down. Show some composure girls. It's a tavern. And in a Tavern, even in Tar Valon, things tend to get interesting.". She couldn't hide the smile that crossed her face. A bit of a crooked ironic smile, but a happy smile nonetheless.

She then goes to the man that was watching the group and simply states "Hello sir, sorry to disturb your time of peace. But do we know each other? I seem to record your face from somehwere but I can't recall from where exactly. Can I ask your name?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Bluff to appear truthfull
    (1d20+7)[19]
    Diplomacy to improve atitude
    (1d20+5)[8]
    Sense motive on his answer
    (1d20+7)[26]

28. - Top - End - #28

PirateWench

Nicaene pushes through the common room intent on finding out what the commotion was about. Lilleah padded along behind her friend, not certain what to expect.

The warder trainee opens the door to find a courtyard elegantly set out with a few plant beds that are just starting to revive with the spring. A large carriage sits in the courtyard and a group of men appear to be ransacking it! You can make out five of them at least, and they look like unsavoury sorts, sporting an array of daggers and shortswords.

Inside the inn Cirelyn approaches Nesta and Taryn uncertain what all the commotion is about.

Meanwhile Ella wastes no time approaching their watcher. "Eh w-what?" the man stammers back, clearly surprised at being addressed. His eyes dart from side to side and Ella is certain he is panicking. "Sorry las, dun think so." He attempted to get to his feet and head towards the back door, but seeing it blocked by Nicaene and Lilleah instead turned back to head towards the front.

Spoiler: I've not nailed this mapping thing yet...
    Show

Elinar's carriage is much nicer than the one in the image, but that was the only icon I could find. Two of the men are to the east of the carriage, the other three are to the west.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cirelyn's eyes narrow as she watches Ella's conversation with the man - especially as the far door swings open, and the sounds of breaking she'd heard faintly through the wood suddenly become abruptly louder. When the watcher makes for the front door, she steps into his path, holding up a hand. "Why such a hurry, sir? You haven't finished your drink." Her voice is soft, calm, reasonable - but she also does not seem inclined to get out of the way. "Please don't feel you need to make room for us - we're just here to pick up some luggage."

Novices are not permitted to channel except under the supervision of an Aes Sedai. And Cirelyn has always tried to obey the Tower's rules, even if that means pushing herself to exhaustion in classes, knowing she won't be practicing surreptitiously in her room later on. No one will ever again be able to say she failed because she didn't try hard enough, because she was disrespectful, because she caused trouble.

And this situation likely doesn't call for use of the Power, even if the worst scenarios currently leaping to mind turn out to be the case. There are two Warder trainees present, after all. And most likely this is just a matter of petty theft or festival-time brawling.

But still, there is no rule against being prepared. So as she speaks she calls up a memory, one that races with the same frisson of danger as the present circumstances. But back then the danger was a thrill and a delight, as she stood at the wheel of the Gull with her grandfather's hands laid lightly over hers, and they steered toward a horizon where black clouds merged into black sea with lightning in between. Back when she had no doubt of her place in the world, or her ability to sail those storm-wracked seas.

Possibly to the surprise of the man facing her, she finds herself smiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to take a full-round action to attempt the DC 15 Composure check to put Cirelyn in the appropriate mood for channeling for the next half-hour, just in case. If I can, I'll take 10; if not, here is the roll:
    (1d20+8)[12](12)

EDIT: Heh. Cirelyn's clearly having a bit of trouble getting into the right mood. She'll try again at the next opportunity. Yay, blocks.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2017-03-09 at 03:50 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

30. - Top - End - #30

Lilleah

"Oh, that's not good for business," Lilleah mutters as she sees the five... counting again, yep five men currently making familiar the parts and pieces of Ellina's? oh Whoever Sedai, her belongings. Maybe. She didn't know if that really was her belongings, but she's got a suspicion that is the case. And those men are obviously not just unloading it. "I wonder..."

Curious about what the contents of the carriage and belongings are given that five armed men want to get at it, Lilleah pushes herself to find a way to be more curious than nervous. There were five armed men just on the other side of the door. Luckily Nicaena and her impressive arms were between her and the men. And a door and walls. And Taryn behind her somewhere. Plus the others. Together they outnumbered them. Nicaene counting for probably two. Taryn the same despite his feelings of himself compared to the female warder trainee. Yeah... they were probably safe. Besides... they were obviously novices.

Oh, novices! They shouldn't channel... well, a visit to Amira would be worth keeping Elina's things safe. Thank the river, that's her name. Alright... well... at least let's not hurt anyone.

Much.

She stands a little out of the way knowing that Taryn will need and want to get by. Oh, she wonders who will fare better in the upcoming... tussle: Nicaene or Taryn. This might be a way to settle their differences. Oh, it would be great to see them be better off. She liked both of them.

Standing with her heels together, she gazes through the door at the men. Her short curls bob a little as she tilts her head and purses her lips. Left hand over her right clasped before her... the fills herself with the power. A lot of it. Maybe another Aes Sedai nearby will sense it and try and find out what's going on. With that... she embraces as much as she can in such a short notice. She wonders who might show up... and how much she can embrace. It was exciting! Oh it was probably stupid to think of it being so, but anything else and she might as well try and hold candle smoke in her hand.

Spoiler: Embrace the One Power!
    Show
    Composure to get into the mood. DC 10 being kinda there. (1d20+5)[15]
    Last edited by An Amy; 2017-03-09 at 04:04 PM.