New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Godbound: Moving Finger IC

Creation unwinds slowly, but without halt, bringing a new genesis in the realms. Ordinary men and women are being touched by ancient power. The lost Words of Creation are igniting within the flesh of common humans, imbuing them in a stroke with the power that once required a Made God's shell to contain. It started only a few short years ago, in the year 4713 AR, but these "Godbound" are said to be the blessed by the descending fire of the fallen Made Gods. Their holy workings and celestial bindings are falling free from their dead husks, and descending to the earth to catch on mortal souls. Heretics of the One Church whisper that it was a plan of God that it should be so, that these Godbound will redeem the sins of their ancestors and restore the world that was broken. Others say that they are merely cursed ones, damned to relive the terrible Last War that destroyed the Made Gods before them. Yet in the present hour they are only men and women who have been given something more. Only the rarest of souls have inherited the holy fire. Whatever your past life, however meager a soul you may have been, the light of the Words has found you. Your world is slowly fading and the beasts of its twilight hour are rising up from the dust. Your people cannot hope to stand against them. Will you be their savior, or will you be their epitaph?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Godbound: Moving Finger IC

20 Desnus (the 5th month) 4717

Tanvor stands on a small dune near an ancient ruin of a fortress long abandoned by those who trained here and once protected this region. The wind and sand dry his eyes as the sun rises in the east to warm his face. Looking left, Tanvor notices a storm brewing to the north. The ruin was suitable shelter for the moment, but not the safe haven Tanvor had hoped. His eyes try to focus on a swirl of sand toward the north. Was it the growing storm, a caravan, or riders; vigilantes of the new age? What does Tanvor do?

Kasa slumbers still within the barracks of the ruined fortress that she chose as shelter for the time being. Her thoughts drifting within a dream back to the moment the dead walked again and the holy fire swelled within her soul, turning common farmers into able soldiers for the fight. It was both a blessed and a cursed day. In an instant, her mind's eye transitions to a burning village and riders of the damned trampling over the weak, cutting down anyone in their path. These riders were led by a lich lord in white. Kasa wakes with a gasp of breath, her heart racing, her flesh unusually cold. Was it a simple dream or a premonition? Kasa is alone in the barracks. A draft of cool air has settled within the room like a tomb. What does Kasa do?

Shishaq has struggled through the night; restless as the beast that churns within him. He finds himself pacing about without sleep within the ancient fortress, dragging his uncut nails across of the rusting prison bars of the dungeon deep below. Ting, ting, ting the sound echoes within the chamber as Shishaq meanders about. The simple shepherd had received the Words of Creation and something more—the jackal's form. Stopping in the opening of a cross-section corridor, he notices an image carved into the stone; an ancient resemblance of a war dog, the golden wolf, protector of souls. What does Shishaq do?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-05-23 at 02:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanvor the Theotechnician

Idly twirling a compass in one hand, Tanvor takes a step toward the north. Brushing the hair out of his eyes with a distracted gesture, he shades his eyes and peers toward the coming storm; storms?

He turns back into the fortress, and his cheerful voice rings out, Kasa! Shishaq? I believe we may have company before much longer!"

Eyeing the ruins, he ponders whether there is time to shore up their defenses here, or if it is wiser to simply push on, hoping to avoid whatever is rushing at them from the horizon.
    Last edited by Armored Walrus; 2017-05-23 at 02:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1707396100
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24FYrfFYqe4

Shishaq

Shisaq now, in the form of a were jackal, his eyes looked over the picture. What has happened to him?
    Did it mattered? He was going to protect the dead, and destroy the living who deserved to die.
    But... he was curios. He touched the picture observing it.

"Let them come. I'll guide them into the other world.' Shishaq said grimmly.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-05-25 at 07:57 AM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

Kana whipes the sweat off her head that has appeared despite the chilly atmosphere surrounding her. The dream is still vibrant within her mind, the most horrible thing she could imagine played out right in front of her eyes.

It cannot be real. It musn't be.

With shaky hands, she grabs a hardened loaf of bread from her satchel, and takes a drink of stale water. In her mind, her thoughts wander to the villagers that fought at her side. On that day, she could feel them and their actions as though they were an extension of herself. Do some of them still consider themselves her warriors? Can she still feel some of them?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Invincible Iron General allows me to automatically know the location, condition, and general activities of any unit that still considers itself my soldiers.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2017-05-24 at 02:33 AM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Kasa wakes with an internal sense of those farmers-turned-soldiers from months passed. A vision of Tephu, City of Reeds forms within her minds eye and she knows that thirty of her militia reside there. Kasa's troops are in good health but she senses that they are anxious and pressed from many sides. It is unclear what dangers they face. Then, like the caw of a crow, she hears Tanvor yell out from the exterior of the fortress.

Shishaq traced the engraving with an extended claw. The image was carved into the stone in a rustic way and by someone from ages past. The stone around it was smooth, as if it had been touched or rubbed often through the centuries. Perhaps it was a good omen for those who dwelled within? A feeling, something emotional in nature stirred within Shishaq, but what? He could almost hear the voices of a distant era. The voices seemed to swirl and murmur within the dungeon.

Tanvor called out to his mates. The upper levels and walls of the fortress were in ruin and update to their condition would take significant work or talented Words. The fortress was constructed in a simple "L" shape. At one time it may have had a ditch cut around the exterior walls. These walls barely exist now and any ditch is full of sand. A straight stone staircase leads Tanvor down into the main hall of the fortress. He finds Kasa in the barracks.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanvor dashes lightly down the stone steps. He voice still bright, but tinged with worry, he calls out to the dark, desert woman, "A storm, or riders oorrr, something... approaching from the north." He gestures up the steps and out the door.

"Shouldn't be too hard to do some minor repairs on the walls here. My powers..." he trails off, embarrassed, but then squares his shoulders, "I can build things, very fast. But I don't know if we should be trying to stand or flee."

He looks to Kasa, though they've just met, she has a calming influence on him, her confidence is contagious. With that, he remembers his own abilities.

"Um, hold on..." his eyes go blank, as he sinks deep inside his thoughts for a moment.

Show
    So my Artifice word allows my work to equal that of 100 workers. I assume I can dig out the ditch, or repair part of a well, or erect a wall near the entrance to block us in. Committing effort to The Best Course, to learn the best way to accomplish the goal of keeping us safe from whatever is coming toward us.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

Kasa gives a sigh of relief as she hears her people are unharmed, even though their current situation deeply worries them. They're strong, certainly, in no small part thanks to her power, but all that amounts to is a capable, trained militia. "Hold back." she tells them, her will somehow carrying across the distance. "Do not fight your enemies unless necessary. Just hold out a little longer, until I return."

She leans back a little, wondering what her next steps should be, when Tanvor suddenly interrupts her. "Company, is it?" she says, quickly getting up to follow him. Her expression is serious and determined.

Once outside, she listens to the theotechnician's explanation, his nervousness slightly amusing her despite the severity of their situation. Calmly, she puts a hand on his shoulder. "Let's not get too worried yet. I'm sure you'll come up with something. I'll see if I can figure out what our sandstorm is. Or where our resident sandstorm expert has run off to." she punctuates those last few words with a short smirk. Even after all this time, Shishaq is an absolute troublemaker. Still, she is beyond glad that he is still alive, even if the years in the dessert have changed him rather drastically.

Then, she focuses her gaze, her eyes gaining a slight glow to them as she looks out into the distance. She can see the storm, as if it is right next to her, and turning around her piercing gaze penetrates the ruined fort's crumbling walls, spotting Shishaq's location with ease.

Show
    Comitting Effort for the Day to mimic Creation's First Light, which lets me see everything and anything out to the horizone, through all non-magical barriers, for one scene due to being worked as a Miracle.

And then I'm gonna worry about how that leaves me with only one Effort.

If the storm is caused by people, and they are heading here, how long does it look until they get here?
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2017-05-26 at 02:28 AM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

out: Wait, do we get to start with underlings?

SHISAQ:

Unwillingly, he stop touching thw carving.
    "Let rhem come." Shisaq grinned like a predator.
    "I shall guide into servitude of our cause'

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Kasa looks to the west. Summoning power to enhance her vision she first sees riders; eighty or so warriors on horseback riding at full speed as they churn the sands. Next, she notices the storm growing behind them. It's cloudy mass churns in shades of grey and purple filled with ball lightning and essence of something otherworldly. This is no natural storm. Kasa's best guess is that the riders will approach within the half hour. Tanvor waits for Kasa's report. Shishaq continues to survey the dungeon, his mind wandering to undead minions.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

Kasa turns back to Tanvor, telling him exactly what she saw.

"Something very unnatural is behind that storm. I cannot tell what it is, or whether we can defeat it. Go on and fortify us in here, I will see about informing Shishaq."

With that, she runs off towards Shishaq, seeking out his location while her vision still holds. Once at his loaction, she will tell him too what she has seen, and the wishes for the group to hole up for now.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanvor nods to Kasa and begins walling off the entrance of the ruined fortress. He keeps a small window open so that they can continue to observe, planning to close it up at the last minute.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Shisaq

"Oh. Greetings, Kasa." he said without looking at her.
    "Are there foes to slay?" he has asked coldly. Without even blood lust. As if it was a boring job.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

"I wish you weren't so indifferent about it, Shishaq. Kasa says with a sigh, sounding like a disapproving mother. "There are enemies approaching. A whole company of raiders, followed by some magical force. Tanvor is sealing our hideout now, but we need to be prepared in case they attack anyways."

Curious, she throws a glance at the carving fitted into the wall, wondering just what is drawing Shishaq to it. Her eyes look through the curtain of reality, giving her an instinctive understanding of any magic that may be a work here.

Spoiler: Perfection of Understanding
    Show
    Due to my constant Perfection of Understanding, I automatically understand the function, limits and degree of power of any low magic and theurgy in my presence.

The wording is a little vague, and says "You automatically understand any low magic
    or theurgy used against you or in your presence.", so whether that means I understand any magic in my presence or just magic used in my presence is up to you, Dyer. Figured I should mention it, though.

If she does not gain any deeper insights, she will impatiently wait for her ally, before leading him back to Tanvor.

"Come now. We need your strength."
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2017-06-04 at 09:35 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Shisaq

"Very well. Let's direct those lost souls to the right path.' he said, and then followed her

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Tanvor toils to close off the entrance within the ruined fortress as though one-hundred men were interned to his labor. His expedience provides additional time for Theotech to fashion a window for observation. Kasa inspects the drawing on the dungeon wall. She understands the image as The Golden Wolf, sometimes called The Dog of War, Protector of Lost Souls. This fortress may have been dedicated to this former diety; a refuge for soldiers and good-aligned warriors who once cherished honor and bravery above base pursuits. Kasa can feel a sense of warmth as she touches the etched stone. A comforting feeling that reminds her of the sun upon her face. Shishaq presents a different feeling as he follows her toward the upper levels of the ruined fortress.

The riders draw close but they do not slow. Instead they ride around and through the ruins, pressed in flight by the monstrous storm that seems to pursue them. A few of the riders stop to look for refuge within the fortress. Struggling to find shelter, even a corner wall or some way to hide. These fierce raiders are otherwise incurious, careless in their manner; fearful. Lightning of various colors swirls and balls within the charcoal clouds with one ball of lighting exploding behind the riders, turning the sand to lethal shards of glass. Riders fall by the dozens.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

As she leaves, Kasa speaks a short prayer to the golden wolf, more as a sign of respect than a request for aid. Though his power may have faded from this world, his memory remains and deserves to be recognized.

When she arrives back at the upper levels of the ruins with Shishaq, and watches the blight of the riders through the wall, she cannot help but feel a sting if pity for these people. She turns to her allies, her face darkening. "I do not wish to let these men die, if we can at all avoid it. Do you have any idea of how to stop this storm?"

She takes another look at the storm. It doesn't seem to be sorcerous in nature, but what is it, then? Is there perhaps some controlling entity at its center?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Shisaq

"My abilities do not cover slaying storms.' he admitted.
    'But maybe I can help their horses to trot faster.'

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanvor sees a short vision of the riders, scrambling to safety as they find shelter among the ruins. He looks confidently at Kasa, "I don't know about this storm, but the riders will be fine. I think we should stay put until it passes."

Show
    Using Prophetic Insight. I'm all out of Effort for the rest of this scene now...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The trio gather as Tanvor shields the majority of riders within the ruin. Some lay dead and others continued to ride. The storm rages above the ancient fortress. It's power now focused on breaking the prophecy that currently holds it at bay. An older gentlemen from among the riders approaches Kasa; looking around, I am Mahir, what is this...who are you?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

Kasa raises a hand to bid the old nomad from speaking, a request that her power of command makes clearly understood.

"This is the domain of an old god, elder, gone for many years. Before anything else, I ask you and your men to be respectful of that while in these halls."

Once she is sure that the elder is not overwhelmed by what she is saying, her somewhat strict features soften, and she gives him a little bow, introducing herself and her friends.

"I am Kasa, wisewoman of humble Tephu. These two men are friends of mine, Shishaq and the Theotechnician Tanvor. Like you, we have sought shelter among these ruins, though we were not chased by a threat as deadly as yours. Tell me, what is the nature of this storm that chases you?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Shisaq

Shisaq grinned grimmly
    "Be careful in your actions and words around us- we might decide to help you get into the next realm, sooner then you would have wished.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The man bows briefly. His clothes, as those of his companions, are soiled by the sands. Their faces reflect the harsh world in which they live and the ferocity in which they fight. Yes, we, I am familiar with the Golden Wolf. His memory is not lost on us. And I suspect... that you and your friends are more than a humble wisewoman and men. He pauses, choosing his words... I suspect you are not dissimilar to the woman that brews this storm...that is this storm. She is Katendere. He shrugs. Her name means "peace."

My men and I thank you for shelter, however brief it may be. How long can you keep the storm from breaching your power?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanvor

"I.. I'm not actually sure. I saw that you would find shelter, and it came to pass. I don't really know what happens next." Tanvor pauses, "Katendere? How did you earn her ire?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

'We could slay her. I guess, that way, the storm would be slain as well.' Shisaq offer with a beasty grin

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

Kasa calmly, but firmly puts her foot down at Shishaq's suggestion.

"Or perhaps we could hear out her reasons and convince her to cease this storm." she suggests.

"But first, I wish to know the same as Tanvor. What could have possibly moved a woman named peace to such extreme measures?"
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2017-06-24 at 06:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

As Tanvor's prophecy maintains a barrier between the ruins and Katendere's storm, Mahir speaks; I will answer your question as best I can. Katendere was, for many years, an apothecary in the city of Al-Uqsur. The Royal Overseer appointed to the city was an ambitious man who sought Katendere for his bride. This Overseer, Saidi, was also a ruthless man. He tricked Katendere into poisoning the Vizier of the region so that Saidi, himself, might rise to political power. Katendere was imprisoned for this crime and her husband became the new Vizier of the region.

My men and I do what we can do survive in this land, but we do not leave women and children to starve. We have been protecting
    Al-Uqsur for months when Katendere broke free of her bonds and became the storm you see today. Her power grows and we have no way to defeat her. We thought that leading her away from the Al-Uqsur might help. And, here we are. She seeks her husband for revenge, but the man is dead. She does not accept this truth.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm, if the 'storm' is actually a sentient being, probably waiting it out is not an option... Do we go out and fight it, uh, her?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasa

"I'd rather not, if possible." Kasa says, feeling a hint of sympathy for the storm-makers plight. "If this is all really true, Katendere is a victim of circumstance. You say her husband is dead? What happened to him?"

She turns to Shishaq once her question has been answered. "Shishaq, do you not have some amount of power over the dead? Is there anything you can do to help resolve this?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Shishaq

Shishaq grinned at Kessa. "Fine. I get the hint.'

the were jackal arched his back and streched his neck yawling- yawling so he would be heard and noticed at the Realms of the afterlife.
    Another yawl. A silver little fog has gathered around Shishaq's feet. A third yawl.
    Shishaq's shadowy figure could be only barely seen through the silver ghastly fog which has engulfed him whole.
    Those who would dare to look directly at the fog would see... shadows of people moving, and hushed conversations, as if the fog was a curtain to the Other Realm.
    Inside a sheppard staff has apeared in Shishaq's hand.
    He tapped on the floor- but it sounded like ringing a heavy ancient bell.
    "Saidi!" Shishaq barked like a sheppard dog, scaring the soul he intended, to notice him personaly.
    "Saidi!!!" he barked again, scaring him to move already!

Saidi The Overseer, I command you to apear!" Shishaq roared, and the fog faded away, leaving only one ghostly figure.
    Shishaq still held the immaterial staff.

ooc:
    Commiting an effort point for a miracle!

------
    My previouse Avater