New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Investigating Empirica

Empirica City

Derrick looks scared as Seriphius approaches him again, obviously expecting another tirade.
    "Right. I'll get some people to come down and clean it up right away sir." he says, looking only slightly relieved. He then walks off to find the unlucky waste disposal crew.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

Kira Danusku

Kira clears away the circle, then reads the information provided by Seriphius.

"I find it strange that an assassin would use a weapon that could be so easily identified. Still, chaos-tainted people aren't known for clear thought."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kira Danusku in D20-40K: Investigating Empirica
    Varessei Miexi in Star Wars: Pirates!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Demetrius

"I hope someone has the presence of mind to burn the body as part of this disposal. A flamer would be best, but I suppose a furnace would do just as well." Demetrius said, scratching his chin. "I'm going to access the planetary information net and Adeptus Arbites network to get as much information as I can on our assassin. Someone else will need to question hotel security and another one of us will need to trace that weapon. I believe Seriphius will be of greatest use in the questioning of the security personnel due to his size and general presence. Kira, could you and Nolt try to trace the weapon?"

With that, Demetrius will head to the nearest computer access terminal that he can request private or classified documents from the government from using his clearance as a member of the Inquisitor's entourage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let me know if you need a computer use check.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seriphius Decimus

Seriph returns from above, and resumes his place outside the door, on guard, though he leans in for a moment. "A crew is on the way to take care of that." He says, motioning toward the body.
    Spoiler
    Show

Seriphius Decimus-Investigating Empirica
    Lucian Davers-Star Wars: Pirates!
    Crispin Aesier-Kayru

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nolt

Nolt nodded at Demetrius. "Right, I'll do the best I can to help Kira." He then walked over next to Kira. "Ready whenever you are."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seriphius Decimus

"I feel it is unwise to leave you all; there may be another attack." Seriph says, looking at Demitrius. "IF we return to the hotel, I will definitely have words with the security personnel." He finishes, before resuming his post outside the door.
    Last edited by Sepp; 2007-11-14 at 06:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Crispin Aesier-Kayru

7. - Top - End - #217

Kira Danusku

Kira wraps a cloth over her hand, and picks up one of the knives. The symbol of the corporation is etched clearly in the hilt, but she turns the blade over carefully, looking for any other identifying markings.

"It is unusual that an individual blade can be identified easily. We can find out if these are available to a legitimate purchaser, and whether there is any kind of registration. But I am not sure that will get us far. Knives like this are likely common on the street, even with the mono-blade."
    Last edited by Stormkitten; 2007-11-16 at 02:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218

Spoiler
    Show
    Stormkitten- Those knifes are a) kukris and b) monoweapons. Kukris are fairly common street weapons in Empirica, but most punks can't afford a monoweapon.
    Also, let me know when you're ready to move on, everyone.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm ready to move on. Some time needs to pass before I can post the results of Demetrius' research.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

occ: I'm ready to move on as well. If she (as in Kira) were to do some research, would I just do an aid other or something?

11. - Top - End - #221

Empirica City, Parliment Buildings

The rest of night passes uneventfully. Demetrius does his research, Kira, Nolt, and Seriphius discuss plans, rest, eat, etc...
    About 6:30 in the morning, the Inquisitor comes back, looking considerably less tired. "So, have you discovered anything while I was asleep?" he asks, sitting down.

12. - Top - End - #222

Investigating Empirica

The Inquisitor listens quietly to any information, and then ponders for a short time before speaking.
    "It seems we have several things to cover today. I think it would be in our best interests to split up. Seriph, go to the hotel. Try to find any traces of our assailants entrance. Kira, Nolt, you go to the Garrison factory, try to trace those knives. Demetrius and I will be paying the Garrsion Headquarters a visit. Any questions?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    New threads will go up tommorow. If you there's something wrong with the grouping you're in, let me know, and I'll see about changing it.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Demetrius

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay in posting this. Was busy last weekend.

"Before we part ways, I think many of you would be interested in what I discovered about our dear assassin in the Adeptus Arbites world network." Demetrius stepped forward, holding up a hand to call attention to himself. "The two of you investigating the Garrison Factory will find this particularly useful, as might we, my Lord." he nodded to the Inquisitor before continuing.

"It seems that Mr. Delah is actually a Junior Manager at Garrison HQ, which might explain the weapons. He had no prior criminal record save for a speeding ticket which he promptly paid. However his brother, a Galyaj Delah, died under suspicious circumstances...found on the street below his apartment window. Could have been suicide, but then again, maybe not. I also have our assassin's home address as well. I suggest paying a visit there as well as soon as we have completed our respective tasks."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224

Kira Danusku

Kira considers, then addresses the group.
    "Given this extra information, I think it would be useful to check Delah's house before calling attention to ourselves at the factory. I would suggest Nolt and I head there first."
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

The Inquisitor nods. "That is sensible. Kira and Nolt will go to investigate the residence of Mr. Delah. Any more questions?"

16. - Top - End - #226

Nolt

"Sir, I have a question. Were suppose to go in quietly right? Like, under the cover of night and such like that."

17. - Top - End - #227

"I don't think going in quietly will be necessary. We have every right to investigate the case to our full ability. If you are worried about another attack, I could perhaps ask the governor to provide some Adeptus Arbites men as backup, but I would prefer not to rely on them- they may be influenced."

18. - Top - End - #228

Nolt

"Alright. Thank you sir. I don't like stealth missions." Nolt crossed his arms and smiled. "That's the only question I had sir."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seriphius Decimus

Seriph frowns slighty. "While I would prefer not to leave you unguarded, I will follow orders. Where are we meeting afterwards?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Would have posted sooner, but thought other threads where coming.
    Spoiler
    Show

Crispin Aesier-Kayru

20. - Top - End - #230

The Inquisitor frowns. "I am not ungarded, Seriphius. Demetrius is a competant protector."The Inquisitor calls Derrick in and explains the situation to him, and he rushes off to procure some transportation. After a few minutes, he returns, and things are ready to go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to leave this thread as the one for Demetrius and the Inquisitor, and make new ones for Kira and Nolt, and for Seriph. I don' mind if you look at the other threads, as long as you can keep player knowledge seperate from character knowledge. Also, don't post in threads that aren't you're own unless you're actually there.

Seriph

Kira and Nolt
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2007-11-23 at 10:38 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Empirica City, Outside the Parliment Buildings

They sky is grey and dreary today, and there is a strong but warm wind. There is a car waiting for you outside the Parliment Buildings. It's another one of the big black ones. The driver is well dressed elderly man in a grey suit and hat. He gives you a nod.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Demetrius

The psyker went ahead of the Inquisitor to the car, looking around for potential threats before he motioned to his Lord that it looked safe. He responded to the elderly driver's nod with one of his own and offered his hand for a shake. "Hello, what's your name?

<<Insert driver's response here.>>

"Mr. ________, I need you on the ball today, understand? There is a possibility, however slight, that we may need to exceed normally safe speeds or take dangerous shortcuts. Will you be able to handle that or should we have them call a younger driver?" he winked, hoping that would provoke the older man into doing his best. If it didn't, he'd simply replace him. Having an old man behind the wheel in a vehicle chase wasn't the way Demetrius intended to die.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233

Empirica City, Outside the Parliment Buildings

(The driver's name is Mr. Wickar.)

"What's a young driver good for? I know the city better than any upstart taxi boy. You want to go fast all the time, then you get someone young. You want to go fast and not die, you get me."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Demetrius

The psyker chuckled at the old man's attitude and patted him on the shoulder. "I think you'll do fine, Mr. Wickar." he conceded before opening the Inquisitor's door for him and then followed him inside.

When they were all in, Demetrius informed Wickar of their destination and then brought up the Garrison files Seriphius had researched on his hand terminal. He'd been through it already, but if Demetrius was one thing he was thorough. He'd be able to recite it from memory given another read through. As he researched, he spoke to the Inquisitor, making sure to raise the privacy shielding so the driver didn't overhear.

"Sir, I believe it would be beneficial for me to stay out of the spotlight this time around." he smiled sheepishly. "They will focus all their attention on pleasing you, leaving me free to search around a little bit. I will search the area for active psyker emanations and the taint of chaos with my more subtle senses while we conduct an 'inspection' of something or another. When I have finished we should also question the executives. Whatever's going on, I believe there is someone in power facilitating this spread of noxious rot. If they are completely forthcoming I might want to look at a few personnel records as well...notification of vacations and leaves of absence and the like." he continued to think aloud as he ran a hand over his bald head. "To be brutally honest, I don't really know that we'll know what we're looking for until we see it or feel it. The taint is coming from the Garrison Corporation, or at least its a part of it. We just don't know how thoroughly the contagion has spread itself." he frowned. "And I suppose it is pointless to mention that we may be walking into a trap..."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Investigating Empirica, Outside the Parliment Building

The Inquisitor listens intently to Demetrius, nodding at several points. His only other response is to the part about traps. "It seems unlikely that they would attack us openly, considering they're previous tactics... but you can assume nothing when dealing with chaos. We must both be on our gaurd."
    After about 20 minutes of driving, Mr. Wickar parks in front of a massive skyscraper. The building is made of dark metal and glass, easily 80 stories high. It's the tallest one in the area.
    "Garrison HQ, Sirs," Mr. Wickar says.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Demetrius Sextus

Demetrius got out of the car first, his gaze travelling upwards trying to spot the top of the building in front of him. It didn't even hold a candle to one of the massive hive cities on other planets he'd been to but on this planet it was a very impressive size, showing off Garrison's wealth and power. Its black, reflective surface gave it a sense of intimidation and forboding.

"Thank you, Mr. Wickar. Please pull the car around, I'll call you if we need to be picked up." he said as he waited for the Inquisitor to join him on the sidewalk. He took a respectful, subordinate position to his Lord's back right as they approached the doors.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Empirica City, Garrison HQ

All the surfaces in the lobby are mottled grey and black, extremely well varnished. There are a few people sitting in chairs attached to the walls. The room is dominated by a large counter, behind which sits a dark skinned man in a black suit. The Inquisitor walks up to him slowly, surveying the room. He puts his hands on the counter and leans towards the man, speaking firmly but not loudly.
    "I am the Imperial Inquisitor Cyrus Auriga. This is my aide, Demetrius." He waves a hand behind him. "We are here to conduct an investigation into the Garrison Corporation and attempt to trace a specific weapon. I believe you were contacted earlier today by the Governor's office to let you know of this?"
    The secretary shrinks back. He starts to pick up the phone, seems the think better of it, and then gets up.
    "Just a minute, sir," he says, and walks quickly out of the room through a side door, glancing back over his shoulder.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Demetrius

The psyker used the opportunity the Inquisitor had created to briefly scan his surroundings with his psychic senses, sweeping the building for as far out as he could for any psyker emanations or signs of chaos. He'd narrow it down later, but first he wanted to get a taste of how the entire building felt as a whole. If anything jumped out at him he'd look more closely but for now he would do a wide sweep.

Psychic Sense: 1d20+17=32

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

Empirica City, Garrison HQ

Spoiler
    Show
    You get a faint feeling of something malignant far, far above you.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Demetrius

While the man from the desk was gone, Demetrius approached the Inquisitor with his hands thread through the sleeves of his robes, giving him a monk-like demeanor if it wasn't for the tension that sang through his shoulders. He stopped within several inches of the Inquisitor's back right so that he wouldn't be overheard.

"Something...malignant...far above us. We should be careful and prepare for the worst." he said in a voice only loud enough for the Inquisitor to hear, then tugged the hood of his robe a bit farther down to obscure his face. He felt the secure weight of his bolter at his back, giving him a hunchbacked look, and hoped they didn't have weapon detectors or weren't stupid enough to attempt to deprive him of it.

Spoiler
    Show