New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: And Then A Skeleton Popped Out: Carrion Crown, GiTP Edition

"I'm in favor of taking this to Luvick, if you guys think we can trust him. We need to rest."
    PbP Characters
    Spoiler: Ixrul Morcrom (Skulls and Shackles)
    Show
    Character Sheet, Spellbook, Undead
    M Elf Wizard 10
    HP 53 | AC 14 (17+4) FF 11 (14+4) T 13 CMD 16 FFCMD 13 | F +7 R +9 W +11 | Init +12 | P +21 SM +19 | See Invis, Arcane Sight

Spoiler: Samuel Sledge (Carrion Crown)
    Show
    Character Sheet, Damage Calculator
    M Human Monk 2/Brawler 9
    HP 115 | AC 26 T 15 FF 22 | CMD 29 (+13 grapple; +6 trip; +3 bull rush) | Fort +17 Ref +16 Will +12 | Init +9 | P +27 SM +26

2. - Top - End - #92

ElfPirate

"Agreed. I don't think we'll find anything new today."
    Spoiler: Jones
    Show
    Sheet HP 59/63 | Init +5[+2]
    AC 27[+4](+4 bk, +2 def) T 16[+2] FF 22[+2](+4) | F +9 R +15[+2] W +12[-1](+4 ill., +2 ench., imm. sleep) (+2 all hero) CMD 22[+2], FCMD 17

Spoiler: Krom
    Show
    Sheet HP 88/88 | Init +5
    AC 18 (+2 SA, +4 bk) T 13 FF 16(+2, +4) | F +10, R +8, W +9 (+2 ench., imm. sleep) (+4 all SA, hero)
    CMD 26, FCMD 24 | Perc +6
    Spoiler: Gurram
    Show
    Sheet] HP 90/90 | Init +3
    AC 22(+4 mage armor, +4 bk, +4 sh, -2 lunge), FF 19(+4, +4, +4, -2), T 12(-2) | F +14, R +13, W +9(+4 ench.) (+2 all hero) | CMD 32, FCMD 29

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"If it is simply a matter of healing, I can do much more. I have been asleep for so long... but if you truly need to rest, I will accompany you. At dawn I can pray for blessings of Iomedae best suited to our current task."
    Spoiler: Osric the Shining
    Show

Aasimar Cleric 11 (Divine Paragon of Iomedae)
    Init +1 | Perc +24 | HP 106/106 | AC 24/T12/FF23/Incorporeal 22 | CMD 22 | F/R/W +15/+8/+17 (+2 vs necromancy, death, energy drain, evil), resist 5 negative | Speed 20 (fly 20, +10 Fly skill) | Att +11/+6 (1d8+3/19-20) | Daylight/Sunbeam 2/day, Searing Light 1/day, Nimbus of Light 11 rds/day Channel 6d6 (+11 vs undead, DC 18) 6/day, Divine Interference

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I have an inkling of the general happenings on this region. As for alliances and figures, I am still catching up on the recent news so I do not know much other than what you told me. I am going to follow your lead for now."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2017-04-12 at 01:35 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95

ElfPirate

"Luvick is the ancient lord of this vampire clan. Now is as good a time as any to give him what we found - I doubt we'll find anything more today."

Jones rubs his temples. "I feel as if this day has gone on for months."
    Show
    AC 27[+4](+4 bk, +2 def) T 16[+2] FF 22[+2](+4) | F +9 R +15[+2] W +12[-1](+4 ill., +2 ench., imm. sleep) (+2 all hero) CMD 22[+2], FCMD 17

Show
    Sheet HP 88/88 | Init +5
    AC 18 (+2 SA, +4 bk) T 13 FF 16(+2, +4) | F +10, R +8, W +9 (+2 ench., imm. sleep) (+4 all SA, hero)
    Show
    AC 22(+4 mage armor, +4 bk, +4 sh, -2 lunge), FF 19(+4, +4, +4, -2), T 12(-2) | F +14, R +13, W +9(+4 ench.) (+2 all hero) | CMD 32, FCMD 29

6. - Top - End - #96

"Yeah, Jones, I know what you mean."

Sledge stretches, massive muscles bulging, and yawns. "Let's go see Luvick and be done with this day."

Assuming there are no objections, we head out.
    PbP Characters
    Show
    M Elf Wizard 10
    HP 53 | AC 14 (17+4) FF 11 (14+4) T 13 CMD 16 FFCMD 13 | F +7 R +9 W +11 | Init +12 | P +21 SM +19 | See Invis, Arcane Sight

Show
    M Human Monk 2/Brawler 9
    HP 115 | AC 26 T 15 FF 22 | CMD 29 (+13 grapple; +6 trip; +3 bull rush) | Fort +17 Ref +16 Will +12 | Init +9 | P +27 SM +26

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

You gain another audience with Luvick, and show him your evidence.

"So. Radvir is a traitor. I don't suppose you've finished him for me already? No? Then I grant you official permission to do so, if you can find the rat. Bring him to me to dispose of myself and I'll reward you. Handsomely."

8. - Top - End - #98

AssassinGuy

Zone turns to Jones.

"Told you. Now I am eager to see how this plays out."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2017-04-13 at 12:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

"We will, but mind if we rest here first?"
    PbP Characters
    Show
    M Elf Wizard 10

Show
    M Human Monk 2/Brawler 9

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"I often forget mortals still need sleep. If you need quarters, use Radvir's."

11. - Top - End - #101

We will rest, but be sure to have someone standing watch at all times.
    PbP Characters
    Show
    M Elf Wizard 10

Show
    M Human Monk 2/Brawler 9

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

You take reasonable precautions, though they prove to be unnecessary. You all awaken in the morning well rested.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

At dawn, Osric prays. It is his first time praying to Iomedae.
    Hello there. I know you remember me. I remember you, as a woman. You were a fine commander. Brave, honest, fair. But human. Doubted yourself, as we all do, but tried to not show it. I remember your temper about the importance of logistics... that poor quartermaster. And I remember that bland fish stew that you loved... gods, the officers' cooks made that stew for us every night just to please you, it seems. And I remember the battles and your valor; I remember Vaishali Pass.
    About Arazni. I know you gave the order to summon her. That didn't end well and I know you grieved for it, but now you have not only replaced her, but surpassed her. Fate? Do you get all the answers when you become a god? Or does Pharasma stonewall you about that?
    Well, milady, now you have chosen me. Why? Just your duty as the Inheritor, picking up Aroden's discarded faithful? Or is there something more? The sun wasn't Aroden's domain, but it is yours. How did that come to be? In that way, I'm more fitting as a servant of yours than I ever was of his. The sun and its light that flows through my veins may be needed in the days ahead. Strength and honor.

I tried to put spells into the sig, but it ran too long, so they'll go in a post.
    0: Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize, Create Water
    1: Moment of Greatness, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Divine Favor, Liberating Command, Sure Casting, Shield of Faith (d)
    2: Burst of Radiance, Hold Person, Inheritor's Smite, Ironskin, Lesser Restoration, Spear of Purity, Bless Weapon (d)
    3: Magic Circle Against Evil, Communal Resist Energy, Magic Vestment (2), Prayer, Heroism (d)
    4: Death Ward (2), Dimensional Anchor, Encouraging Good Hope, Fire Shield (d)
    5: Breath of Life, True Seeing, Communal Spell Immunity, Righteous Might (d)
    6: Greater Dispel Magic, Heal, Greater Heroism (d)
    Last edited by Aldizog; 2017-04-18 at 08:19 PM.
    Show

Init +1 | Perc +24 | HP 106/106 | AC 24/T12/FF23/Incorporeal 22 | CMD 22 | F/R/W +15/+8/+17 (+2 vs necromancy, death, energy drain, evil), resist 5 negative | Speed 20 (fly 20, +10 Fly skill) | Att +11/+6 (1d8+3/19-20) | Daylight/Sunbeam 2/day, Searing Light 1/day, Nimbus of Light 11 rds/day Channel 6d6 (+11 vs undead, DC 18) 6/day, Divine Interference

14. - Top - End - #104

ElfPirate

Jones begins preparing his extracts and mutagen. He barely seems to be focusing on the task, instead looking at each of his new allies. Seeing Osric deep in prayer, he turns to Zone while gently swirling a beaker in his hand.

"Well, Zone, it'll be an hour and some minutes before I'm finished here. I like to know the kind of people I'm working with, so why not tell me more about yourself? I know you are hunting undead, but why exactly? Are you working for someone, or is it a more personal motivation?"

If you don't mind my asking, of course."

False Life HP - (1d10+10)[13]
    Show

Show
    Sheet HP 88/88 | Init +5
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Sledge stretches and eats while his companions do all their alchemystic hoo-hah.
    PbP Characters
    Show
    M Elf Wizard 10

Show
    M Human Monk 2/Brawler 9

16. - Top - End - #106

AssassinGuy

Zone turns to Jones when he hears him speak while he is sharpening his knives with a whetstone.

"As I said earlier, I am a merc that got contracted by a certain someone who really wants the Whispering Way to go down. Anything related to my earlier life and hunting the dead are something that I rather not discuss. They are very personal. But if you want to know about what my race is, I am a Xeph. We're bunch of psychic people. Remember that my weapon is laced with some kind of purple glow when I threw it. Yeah, it is psychic energy. Think of it as somewhat similar to magic. We are not seen much in the main continent since we are pretty much the "shy" type. Heck, I don't even know what I am until my adulthood. Being separated from my people when you were young kinda does that to you but you will learn how to cope with it after being on the road for a while."

The xeph gets another knife out and grinds the stone against it's edge.

"You seem to have been doing this for a while. I can see the looks on your eyes. So what brings an alchemist and a street fighter into undead hunting? You do not look like the sort to dress for this kind of job. It would be nice to know something beyond names and being mercs."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2017-04-21 at 06:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

"Ran into Jones here at a lab place on a mountain. I'd been hunting trolls in the area, y'know - big money in their hearts and brain stems, cuz of their regeneration. Used to make stuff called troll clot or something."

Sledge pauses to drink some whiskey.

"Figured his cause was worthy enough, y'know, and paid well enough. I'll fight pretty much anything that deservers to have its head cracked if'n you pay me."
    PbP Characters
    Show
    M Elf Wizard 10

Show
    M Human Monk 2/Brawler 9

18. - Top - End - #108

ElfPirate

"I am actually a private investigator by trade. Well, I suppose I used to be. I traveled from place to place, offering my services where they were needed. As you can imagine, Ustalav is the perfect place for my kind of work."

"One day, I came to the city of Lepidstadt. At the same time, several other adventurers had come into town, some having business with one Judge Daramid on behalf of the late Professor Lorrimor. With their help, I acted as the defense attorney of a...troubled individual who had been wrongly accused of a wide range of heinous crimes. Another story for later."

"Having made me a de facto member of their group, the adventurers brought me to their meeting with Daramid, where she revealed her allegiance to a secret order that opposes the Whispering Way. It was she who asked us to take on this cause, tracking down agents of the Way and putting a stop to their plans. While she has been paying quite handsomely for our service, I was at the time more interested in the challenge - the chance to test my intellect and hone my abilities. Now, after all I've seen...I truly understand that the Way is a menace that cannot be allowed to continue. And I will fight them to my last breath."

He sits back, sighing. "And that is how a humble detective became swept up in a quest to save the world. Sledge and I were not the first to take on this mission, but we have stayed the course the longest of all our companions."
    Show

Show
    Sheet HP 88/88 | Init +5
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

AssassinGuy

Zone scratches his head.

"First time I seen someone other than an alchemist who uses potions. Self-taught?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2017-04-22 at 07:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

ElfPirate

"Self-taught, for the most part. I learned the basics of alchemy at the University of Nex, but quickly decided that I would be better off gathering knowledge on my own."

"I never learned how to create alchemical bombs, but I can study a target to determine the best place and opportunity to strike. I am also a gifted observationist, a skilled orator, and an adept locksmith and trap disabler. To say nothing of my extensive knowledge on numerous subjects, particularly the arcane and divine."

"I also dabble with the violin." he adds. It's hard to tell if he's joking.
    Last edited by Idiot Cube; 2017-04-22 at 05:16 PM.
    Show

Show
    Sheet HP 88/88 | Init +5
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

AssassinGuy

"Wow, you sure are resourceful. Good thing we have you here to cover what we lack."

Zone puts away his stone.

"Once Mr.Pious is done praying, we should go after the vampire guy. Anything we know about him?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2017-04-25 at 07:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Osric will be done with his prayers when Jones is done with his prep. Ready to go after that.
    Show