New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

[Upstairs]

"Nothing so pressing that I can't stay here like that for a while," Fayyaad says. "Who knows when I'll get the chance again."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Upstairs]

"Who knows when we'll get the chance again, indeed," she says, smiling, before she shifts slightly and moves to kiss him. After all, if she decides to join MERC, she might need to go into hiding for a little while. Might as well have some fun before that happens.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

3. - Top - End - #663
    Barbarian in the Playground

Geneva gives a quick nod. "That's the colloquial name for them, yes. The Nexus is fraught with them. It, well... it has a tendency to sort of reach our and grab things. People, places, even whole regions sometimes. There's some speculation about the intent behind the abductions. If any. Some people even think that the Nexus might be self-aware in some capacity."

Geneva prefers not to give that concept much consideration.

It's just too weird.

Even for this place.

"The tricky part with creating a wormhole is that you have to make a hole in space to join the two distant locations together. I haven't quite got that part figured out yet... But I'm working on it!"

If only she knew movie Thor...

Maybe she could borrow their rainbow bridge.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Fayyaad's interest is well and truly held now. Depending on how this goes, this might be an enjoyable finale to the adventure.

"My clothes may have been more practical, but this looks much better on you. If only reconciling style with utility was easier. And sometimes adventure just sneaks up on us, doesn't it?"
    "I'll have to look into new wardrobe options," muses Cassandra. "If I'm committing to the adventuring lifestyle, I suppose finding a way to merge the two will just have to be one of my new priorities."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

[Upstairs]

Fayyaad returns the kiss. They'll probably stay there like that for a while, maybe with another curtain even, until they do finally need to get up.

[Downstairs]

"I do my best, but my adventuring clothes still need to be pedestrian in some fashion," Fayyaad admits, with exaggerated sadness in his voice. He's currently wearing a thick vest with a long shirt underneath. "You're a sorceress, though. Maybe magic can be of help to look impressive while you adventure. That, and natural charm, of course."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #666

NinjaGuy

[Upstairs]

Electra pulls the curtain as she holds the kiss. This time it doesn't stay down as long, mostly due to her not wanting to wear Fayyaad out at the start of the day. When it lifts, she's smiling at him, amusement in her eyes.

"Now that's a good way to wake up, isn't it?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

[Upstairs]

"The best," Fayyaad affirms, his eyes a little unfocused. But he manages to clear his head and moves to get up and get dressed. "We can't stay in bed all morning, though. Much as we'd like to."

8. - Top - End - #668

NinjaGuy

[Upstairs]

"That sounds like a challenge," Electra says, grinning at him. She briefly considers pouncing on him before makes it out of bed and pinning him to it, but decides that she could probably use some food now, anyways and moves to get up and get dressed as well. "But one for another day, I suppose. One does need to eat after all."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

downstairs

Cassandra opens her mouth, no doubt intending to trade back some witty comment or other smooth quip, but whatever cunning response Cassandra had in mind is suddenly pushed out of mind by another flush as she processes the compliment she'd just been made.

Well, she'll get there eventually.

"I might have to recruit some advice on that front." She manages to eventually say.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

[Upstairs]

"Indeed we do," Fayyaad says as he gets dressed. "Let me buy buy breakfast, this time. It's only fitting after last time."

[Downstairs]

Fayyaad is getting mixed signals here. Cassandra was clearly flirting with him, but she also seems awkward. Maybe she's just not used to flirting and courtship? Could be.

"Being charming, fashion magic, or fashion in general?" he asks. "You don't need help with the first and I can't help with the second one, but I do know a thing or two about the third option. Even if I haven't entirely familiarized myself with Nexus fashion just yet."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-09-20 at 06:46 PM.

11. - Top - End - #671

NinjaGuy

[Upstairs]

"Fair warning: I tend to eat a lot," Electra says, blushing slightly, "But I'll let you buy, if you're inclined." She smiles at him as she pulls her clothes on. She's a fast dresser, though her hair really needs a good brushing. Probably not time for that, though.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Downstairs]

Fayyaad's entirely too good at this. Damn.

"I'll take the help I can get." Says Cassandra, starting to regain her composure under Fayyaad's barrage of compliments.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

[Upstairs ==> Breakfast]

Fayyaad leads Electra downstairs and will order whatever she wants, seemingly undaunted by her warning.

((I figure we can end the scene here, unless you have something you want Electra to bring up.))

[Downstairs]

Fayyaad gives Cassandra a good, long look.

"I think you've got a good idea when it comes to style," he says. "Subtle, but eye-catching. It should be easy to achieve the same thing with adventure-appropriate clothes. Especially since you're a sorceress, so you're not as likely to get directly into danger. I've been introduced to tuxedos recently, myself. As dashing and elegant as they look, they're not quite what I'd take out for an adventure."

14. - Top - End - #674

NinjaGuy

[Upstairs ==> Breakfast]

Fayyaad will find Electra's warning completely fair, as she orders a good portion of the breakfast menu and proceeds to rapidly consume it, though she's not a messy eater by far, and does thank him several times for his generosity before they part ways. She does decide to head to Cassandra's after this, feeling suitably recharged.

((I don't have much else for this, so yeah, scene end.))

15. - Top - End - #675
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Geneva gives a quick nod. "That's the colloquial name for them, yes. The Nexus is fraught with them. It, well... it has a tendency to sort of reach our and grab things. People, places, even whole regions sometimes. There's some speculation about the intent behind the abductions. If any. Some people even think that the Nexus might be self-aware in some capacity."

Geneva prefers not to give that concept much consideration.

It's just too weird.

Even for this place.

"The tricky part with creating a wormhole is that you have to make a hole in space to join the two distant locations together. I haven't quite got that part figured out yet... But I'm working on it!"

If only she knew movie Thor...

Maybe she could borrow their rainbow bridge.
    J looks at her thoughtfully, than says "I can probably help you with making one. Emphasis on probably. There's a spell to do it, so if we can find a wizard, or if someone here is a wizard, or can learn it without being a wizard, I can teach it to you. If I remember it correctly. It's complicated - takes two minutes and forty-eight seconds to cast, and it has to be done perfectly, but I think I remember it well enough that we have a chance of being able to make one."
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah...? Okay, I guess I don't really need to question the whole Magical Spells thing..."

Changeling shrugs. "We have wizards."

"We have magicians who bind monsters to do magic for them, or who copy their moves with dust and potions. J, you're talking about some... some space-rending arcane ritual??"

"We have those too."

"No, we... ah, I guess we kind of do, but they're not really... useful? I mean, we don't hear anything about it unless there's a disaster, so..."

Leslie looks sheepish. She has enough trouble keeping track of how her own universe works, and she can tell that this one is not going to make things any easier. From his spot on the floor, Algernon whips her leg with his tail to get her back on target. He seems really curious about everything J and Gen have to say, and he's not going to let his owner derail it.

"Ah, right! So, where do we get started?"

17. - Top - End - #677

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Cursed Table

The Meddler seems inclined to just leave the two to their fate, considering how difficult it was to find a solution they would both find agreeable and that Libra wouldn't nitpick to death. But still, she was here for a reason and that gave her leave to do things, which was better than being discorporate and waiting until something required her presence, "I would be making them, yes. Though once they're made, it would be as if they had always existed. So they don't have a name yet, or a gender or an age or even any political beliefs. That all comes when and if you agree to the deal and we sit down and make them." She turns to the sinisterly powered paladin and his bardic compatriot, "And Steve, if it helps your anti-paladin self, think of it as a voodoo doll sucking up all the misery you would otherwise be experiencing. They're not, but it might help to think that way."
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve says, after getting up (if getting up happens) "So they don't have real souls? Just flesh puppets similar to undead? If that's the case, I'm okay with it. It's a disturbing thought, but one I can live with."
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    "Go ahead and do it." Says Luvon again.
    Cursed Table

"Just making a bunch of replacements?" Libra asks skeptically. "That's kinda..."
    She seems to hesitate. It only last for a moment though as the very next, she appear in a shadowy form. it is clearly her, but she appears to be made up of shadow-stuff. "Idea! If these two losers really want to be free of their curse, they have to make up the replacements for them!" She grins. "And I assure you, they will have souls and the whole shebang!" She claps her hands. "So spit them out. I want suggestions, but keep in mind, I will make the ultimate decisions so you can't try to worm yourself out of this one."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cursed Table

"Just making a bunch of replacements?" Libra asks skeptically. "That's kinda..."
    She seems to hesitate. It only last for a moment though as the very next, she appear in a shadowy form. it is clearly her, but she appears to be made up of shadow-stuff. "Idea! If these two losers really want to be free of their curse, they have to make up the replacements for them!" She grins. "And I assure you, they will have souls and the whole shebang!" She claps her hands. "So spit them out. I want suggestions, but keep in mind, I will make the ultimate decisions so you can't try to worm yourself out of this one."
    Steve says "What you're asking us to do is impossible! I can't create life and neither can Luvon. How in the world do you think I can fulfill your request?
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Downstairs]

Fayyaad gives Cassandra a good, long look.

"I think you've got a good idea when it comes to style," he says. "Subtle, but eye-catching. It should be easy to achieve the same thing with adventure-appropriate clothes. Especially since you're a sorceress, so you're not as likely to get directly into danger. I've been introduced to tuxedos recently, myself. As dashing and elegant as they look, they're not quite what I'd take out for an adventure."
    [Downstairs]

"You'd be surprised at how much armor you can hide in those layers, with the right fabrics and enchantments," says Cassandra seriously. "And even if you're committed to a more traditional outfit, the lines and styles can be mimicked...

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

[Downstairs]

Fayyaad's eyes sparkle with interest. Well, he was interested before. But now he's interested in an additional thing.

"Really, now? That would be quite useful to me. I did purchase a tuxedo recently, which is currently in my quarters. Seems like we can help each other, with fashion and practicality. And who knows what else."

21. - Top - End - #681
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Cursed Table

Steve says "What you're asking us to do is impossible! I can't create life and neither can Luvon. How in the world do you think I can fulfill your request?
    Luvon speaks up. "Unless we just make suggestions that would be impossible. But either way, when do you want us to meet back with you?" It should seem a little odd for Steve, knowing that the ranger can't perform the task, but he should also know he has some sort of plan.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

22. - Top - End - #682
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Steve says, after getting up (if getting up happens) "So they don't have real souls? Just flesh puppets similar to undead? If that's the case, I'm okay with it. It's a disturbing thought, but one I can live with."
    "Go ahead and do it." Says Luvon again.
    Cursed Table

Luvon speaks up. "Unless we just make suggestions that would be impossible. But either way, when do you want us to meet back with you?" It should seem a little odd for Steve, knowing that the ranger can't perform the task, but he should also know he has some sort of plan.

Cursed Table

"I gather that was rather the idea. Steve and Luvon design their replacements via suggestion, I craft them for Libra, and everyone has a satisfying conclusion. The two replacing you would not have existed without this deal, so they get life out of it. You two get your freedom from Libra's curses and attention, and Libra gets someone to have fun with that may provide her more entertainment than you. A symmetrical arrangement." The Meddler lays it out as plainly as possible, hoping everyone now understands and agrees.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #683

Cursed Table

"Yeah! Do you think I'd believe two losers like you could create life? Don't fool yourself dumb-dumb's!"
    Libra exclaims. "So go head, come up with your best suggestions. I won't remove the curse if they're real people though, keep that in mind!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-09-26 at 04:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

Cursed Table

"Yeah! Do you think I'd believe two losers like you could create life? Don't fool yourself dumb-dumb's!"
    Libra exclaims. "So go head, come up with your best suggestions. I won't remove the curse if they're real people though, keep that in mind!"
    Steve says "Fine, if this is the only way, then may The Benevolent One forgive me." He ponders for a while, and then says "Make them chaotic and evil." Maybe if they were evil, it wouldn't be as bad. Besides, if they act up, Steve can go after them.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Cursed Table

"Let's see... Make them bald, have a perfect build, and being liked by everyone despite being evil. Also, give this person an extremely high ego and make the person rich if possible. I assume that would be fun to curse."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

26. - Top - End - #686

A new man arrives at Trogs, properbly through the door. He wears shirt and jeans and looks like he is going out or something, but there is a conspicuity about him. Instead of skin he got scales like a lizard or snake, which are currently in a dark green. He still looks like a human, but he only grows hair on his head and not over his scaled arms. He appears trained, but the muscles barly show when he justst stands there.

He turns to the bar and orders a long island Ice tea. As he waits he looks around in the Tavern. Looking For some girls he might talk to.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #687
    Orc in the Playground

Well, sitting at a table and drinking lemonade is Jack, she's a girl. Though it's also hard to tell; she's young, possibly twenty, probably younger, with short black hair and a skinny, androgynous frame and large grey eyes. She's wearing a red chequered shirt, a pair of denim jeans and black steel-toed boots. Sat on the floor next to her, her leg through the strap to deter thieves, is a brown leather satchel with a stylised crow embossed onto the flap.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    "Ah...? Okay, I guess I don't really need to question the whole Magical Spells thing..."

Changeling shrugs. "We have wizards."

"We have magicians who bind monsters to do magic for them, or who copy their moves with dust and potions. J, you're talking about some... some space-rending arcane ritual??"

"We have those too."

"No, we... ah, I guess we kind of do, but they're not really... useful? I mean, we don't hear anything about it unless there's a disaster, so..."

Leslie looks sheepish. She has enough trouble keeping track of how her own universe works, and she can tell that this one is not going to make things any easier. From his spot on the floor, Algernon whips her leg with his tail to get her back on target. He seems really curious about everything J and Gen have to say, and he's not going to let his owner derail it.

"Ah, right! So, where do we get started?"
    "First step is finding someone who we know can do this. Second is making sure that I know it correctly. Third would be... figuring out how to make the spell point to the Nexus." J sighs. "I'm not confident that I know how to do that third step, but I feel like we could figure it out with the... how many of us are there, anyway?"
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

In the doorway walks in a very tall lean man in a black jacket and skinny jeans. He has lean facial features and pale white blonde hair. His eyes are gray, and crawling all over his body are hundreds of bugs. The man is obviously in pain, as huge red slices strike all over his exposed chest, but his face lies a smile. He walks to the bar, and says:

You wouldn't happen to have a potion of cure mod laying about? I *cough* am in need of some-

The man doubles over and vomits some flies.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Firbolg in the Playground

A barcultist points the bug-covered newcomer to the portals by the stairs; there is a reason they've arranged to have hospitals and temple healers so quickly available. Possibly some other patron will care to help him, or maybe he'll collapse on the floor. But they (mostly) serve alcohol here, not medicine.

Someone looking to pick up girls might (but probably won't) notice the supernaturally hidden half-demon Ein who once came here looking for adventurers. Right now she's sitting not-quite in a corner of the room, watching the room with bright orange eyes. No sandwich-board sign to announce her presence today.

They would be more likely to notice a gaggle of people at the bar: a fox-tailed blind girl, an oil-fire elemental, and a hunched figure wrapped up in scarves, jackets, and other winter clothes.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-10-02 at 12:04 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine