New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "On the record, you suggested checking them out, not me." Ilpholin nods, definitively clearing her name of actually suggesting they go to strip clubs and leaving Adir high and dry. Though it is hard to believe the truth of that with her silly grin to back it up.

She tilts her head a little. "Are you the kind of man who needs monitoring? Surely you're adult enough to pop in, ask if a friend of yours came through, and step out without it going further than that right? Just don't toss money about and you'll be fine." Everything changes once money gets involved.

"Although, now that I've seen the signs, I do recall Harnetta being something of an adventurer, yes? She might be on an expedition." Ilpholin glances back over to the sign- wait. Wasn't there an adventuring advertisement sign there just a moment ago. She blinks, confused. Ah, well. It was unlikely that Harnetta was on that particular adventure anyways.

"I think it's the principle of the thing, Ilpholin,"
    Adir says, looking at her a little reprehensively but giving an amused snort. "And just think about all the ribbing she'll give me when I tell her about it. It might even be more literal. You could get me seriously injured."

Adir purses his lips. "I guess we could ask at VIGIL. Wonder if she's been by there. Or hell, maybe MERC." Adir perks up. "We could put an ad on the wall?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    The man pulls back the safety hammer to his 1911 while keeping it it's holster and says "Are you a cop? I'm just a hunter. Is it wrong to carry weapons here? Because if so, I saw a guy outside with a rocket launcher and another guy with a weapon arm."
    The man smiles, "I'm nothing close to a cop. You just have a lot of weapons for a hunter, if that's what you want to be called. So I've been wondering, are you a little short on cash?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    The man smiles, "I'm nothing close to a cop. You just have a lot of weapons for a hunter, if that's what you want to be called. So I've been wondering, are you a little short on cash?"
    The man puts the hammer back and says "How much are you offering and what do you need me to do?"
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The man puts the hammer back and says "How much are you offering and what do you need me to do?"
    The man talks quietly "I think $2000 would be a good deal for this one. There's a man in Skyside. He has a recording on him that we want. I want the tape and a dead man, preferably not with me. If you have any device I could send his ID to that would be nice. Publicity doesn't matter. Are you in?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Room]

Electra pulls one of the shells out, and stares at it for a moment, her face devoid of emotion. Then she puts it it back into the container, and shakes her head, obviously bewildered.

"They actually found a way to do it. I supposed they would, I just..." She trails off, obviously lost in thought for a few moments, before blinking, seeming to notice Fayyaad once more with a start, and a sheepish grin.

"Sorry. There were a number of technical difficulties they were just starting to address in order to make this thing possible when I left." She eyes the weapon and its ammunition, then looks back to him. "I'm not sure how common a weapon this powerful is in the Nexus, and from what I've seen, stuff from my home dimension isn't exactly in high demand. But, since you've got it, and its ammunition, including several types that must have been added later, since they're new to me, it should be worth more." She names a sum, one usually reserved for either powerful magic items, or extremely powerful personal weapons. "You might want to keep this thing, though, and learn to use it. I'm sure there's someone here in the Nexus who could probably reverse-engineer the shells and be able to make you more ammo, and I can teach you to shoot, if you want to learn."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"I think it's the principle of the thing, Ilpholin,"
    Adir says, looking at her a little reprehensively but giving an amused snort. "And just think about all the ribbing she'll give me when I tell her about it. It might even be more literal. You could get me seriously injured."

Adir purses his lips. "I guess we could ask at VIGIL. Wonder if she's been by there. Or hell, maybe MERC." Adir perks up. "We could put an ad on the wall?"
    Ilpholin holds up her hands in defeat. "All right. You know her better than I do." Which is a bit of a shame. Sakura seems like she'd be fun to know.

"I didn't think to ask Wenomir when I was over there. There were other priorities. I mean, we could just ask Cessie to mention me when she sees Harnetta next." Ilpholin hadn't expected this to turn into a full search party. She was just popping in to check.

The nymph frowns upon mention of the Wall. "Ugh. That propaganda spewing, troll generation machine is still around?" Ilpholin was smeared pretty bad on the Wall by a lot of statements she considers to be flagrantly untrue. Rubbing the back of her head, she continues. "I can't deny it would be effective. We can use it, but it will be under your name." She pokes a finger lightly into Adir's chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

The man talks quietly "I think $2000 would be a good deal for this one. There's a man in Skyside. He has a recording on him that we want. I want the tape and a dead man, preferably not with me. If you have any device I could send his ID to that would be nice. Publicity doesn't matter. Are you in?"
    The assassin says "is this the first time you ever tried to hire a hitman? Since I feel bad for you, I'll do it for 20,000 gold, with 10,000 sent in advance." He then pulls out a piece of paper. "This is my business Email. If you accept my offer, I'll send you deposit instructions for the money. I'll also contact you when the job is done."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

"One thing I've learnt is that there's pretty much everything here. Including an entire community in the city that don't visit the streets often, instead living and commuting across the rooftops. They have a market atop the block of flats where I live. There's humans, but also harpies, bird-people, weird white-skinned chaps with tentacle beards, elves, faeries, shapeshifting birds, giant birds, bat-people, and other stuff. If you can get the stuff you need, maybe they'll buy stuff from you. But, uh, I've been told they don't all value money, so..." I also don't know when I'm going to get around to hosting it. I've got several other things in the pipeline that need sorting first.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Electra pulls one of the shells out, and stares at it for a moment, her face devoid of emotion. Then she puts it it back into the container, and shakes her head, obviously bewildered.

"They actually found a way to do it. I supposed they would, I just..." She trails off, obviously lost in thought for a few moments, before blinking, seeming to notice Fayyaad once more with a start, and a sheepish grin.

"Sorry. There were a number of technical difficulties they were just starting to address in order to make this thing possible when I left." She eyes the weapon and its ammunition, then looks back to him. "I'm not sure how common a weapon this powerful is in the Nexus, and from what I've seen, stuff from my home dimension isn't exactly in high demand. But, since you've got it, and its ammunition, including several types that must have been added later, since they're new to me, it should be worth more." She names a sum, one usually reserved for either powerful magic items, or extremely powerful personal weapons. "You might want to keep this thing, though, and learn to use it. I'm sure there's someone here in the Nexus who could probably reverse-engineer the shells and be able to make you more ammo, and I can teach you to shoot, if you want to learn."
    Fayyaad's tail flicks.

"That is a lot of money. Still, if it's so powerful, maybe I'll hold on to it. See if I can use it. The money from the sword and missile launcher," he pronounces is strangely, not used to those words, "should be enough for a while."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #400

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Room]

Electra nods, and smiles at him.

"Let me know when you want a shooting lesson, and I'll be happy to teach you. I'll do some checking around and see if I can find someone who might be able make you more ammo, too. I think one of my clients might know someone who does things like that, but I'll need to check with them."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The assassin says "is this the first time you ever tried to hire a hitman? Since I feel bad for you, I'll do it for 20,000 gold, with 10,000 sent in advance." He then pulls out a piece of paper. "This is my business Email. If you accept my offer, I'll send you deposit instructions for the money. I'll also contact you when the job is done."
    The man smiles once again. "In my field of work the first attempt is to keep as much money as possible, hoping they don't know much about business. I'll accept your deal." He takes the paper and slides a business card across the table. "This should help you with your income later. When you send the instructions, I'll send the money and my instructions." He extends his arm for a hand shake.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Room]

"I'll hold you to that," Fayyaad says. "What sort of things might I be able to do with this gun? You sound pretty in awe of it."

[Downstairs]

In another timeline, Cassandra might spot a familiar face growing near.

"Hello, Cassandra," Fayyaad says. "Seems you've found yourself an adventure." He glances at the cowled figure.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-07-15 at 01:24 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

[Downstairs]

As mentioned earlier, Cassandra is dressed pretty differently than she was the last time she and Fayyaad met, which he may or may not find significant or otherwise worthy of particular interest.

"Well, not that I was looking. This person is looking for a rescue party for an expedition of their's," she says, without looking.

She turns then, leaning back against the bar. "Hello, Fayyaad. How have you been?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Firbolg in the Playground

There is little to see of the cowled figure even when you can focus on it. That its eyes glow orange and its sleeves are not filled with proper human hands, is about it. They scribble out a new message to show to Fayyaad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notepad
    You can see me; very perceptive.

We were looking for someone else to accompany us.
    Perhaps a warrior of some sort.
    You?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

[Downstairs]

Fayyaad does notice Cassandra's change in clothing. She's not bad-looking, certainly, but that's not what occupies his interest right now.

"I've been well. I ended up being involved in a spiritual seance to return the soul of Black Dragon's Den's owner to its body. But I met some very interesting people this way. What about you?"

He then glances at a note. Curious. Seems the employer cannot or will not speak.

"I'm a pyromancer, but my art is focused on its martial aspect. Close enough, I should hope."

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

"Raril? I ran into him at a party quite recently, and he seemed well enough." You could hardly tell that he'd been killed at all! "That does sound fascinating though." A pity she wasn't there to see it.

"I saved a village from a dastardly wizard. I got a tower out of it too, though it does need some redecorating." Too many mushrooms and dusty potion bottles, not enough swords. "I also did end up joining MERC formally, after our conversation."

17. - Top - End - #407

A quick addition beneath the other text.
    Fire magic? Good.
    I am glad to have your help.
    The cloaked employer sits back. These two seem to have some history between them, some catching up to do.
    So curious.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, yes. MERC's warlock, Astrana, performed a ritual to put him back together," Fayyaad says. "I happened to be there, and they needed another person to complete a ritual circle. A family dispute gone very sour, apparently." He's not a stranger to that. "Joined MERC, you say? The person I met during the Raril situation is considering doing it herself, as it happens. Electra, as capable as she's beautiful. She's a licensee, and at a bit of a crossroads between MERC, Vigil and the current Southside government."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra raises an eyebrow at the 'capable as she is beautiful' comment. A little bit of a strange way to introduce someone.

"Which Southside government would this be?" There are so many. Certainly none that Cassandra regarded with any degree of true legitimacy. "Southside may be even more dangerous than Vigil, but if she's capable as you say, I'm sure she'll be able to handle herself in whatever... hmm... path she chooses."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

"The one headed by a General," Fayyaad says. "Can't say I know much about them, either. And I said much the same thing... the situation there is unstable. I advised her as much as I could, but I feel the perspective of someone who joined MERC recently would be helpful."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, quite," says Cassandra. "As it happens, I know a little of Vigil's workings as well. If you introduced us or pointed her in my direction, I suppose I could give some advice."

22. - Top - End - #412

The mysterious employer focuses on their near-empty glass. These people have such complicated little lives! But oh, there is one thing, written down quickly with their off hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Employer's Notepad
    I can vouch for VIGIL.
    They do good work.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll mention it to her the next time I speak with her," Fayyaad says, nodding. "Give her your new tower's address, if I can't introduce you personally. He looks at the note. And I suppose that's an endorsement for Vigil. Now I believe we've got an adventure to go to, unless we'd rather wait for someone else."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-07-15 at 05:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra gives Fayyaad the address for [Cassandra's Tower], which is probably making its way to a Home thread near you! Maybe.

"What do you think, then?" Cassandra turns to the cloaked figure, to see what their assessment of the pair is.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-07-15 at 10:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh look, it's Magtok! What's he-

Wait no, that's not Magtok. Magtok's left eye isn't green, and while he's worn a wide variety of strange and silly costumes before, he's never worn a white military uniform with orange half-cape. That must be Haz, he's one of the Faction clones. I'm glad to see he finally sorted out that whole issue with his old uniform's resemblance to Remnant's, but what's he doing here? I don't think we made any appointments to meet with the other organizations here, and even if we did, Haz isn't really the right clone for the job. Maybe he's got the day off?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

The man smiles once again. "In my field of work the first attempt is to keep as much money as possible, hoping they don't know much about business. I'll accept your deal." He takes the paper and slides a business card across the table. "This should help you with your income later. When you send the instructions, I'll send the money and my instructions." He extends his arm for a hand shake.
    The assassin shakes his hand and says "We have a deal then. Give me any information on the target you have, and I'll get the job done." He looks at the business card and then sends him an encrypted email concerning depositing the money.

27. - Top - End - #417

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I'll mention it to her the next time I speak with her," Fayyaad says, nodding. "Give her your new tower's address, if I can't introduce you personally. He looks at the note. And I suppose that's an endorsement for Vigil. Now I believe we've got an adventure to go to, unless we'd rather wait for someone else."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    Cassandra gives Fayyaad the address for [Cassandra's Tower], which is probably making its way to a Home thread near you! Maybe.

"What do you think, then?" Cassandra turns to the cloaked figure, to see what their assessment of the pair is.
    The cloaked questgiver nods, and flips back to a previous note to show to Fayyaad.
    You look and describe yourselves competent.
    Know each other already, good.
    We can do this.
    Plus they have a warrior, a magic-user, and a sneaky type. The perfect combination.

It stands, retrieves the sign, and carefully goes to exit Trog's. Wouldn't want to get too far and leave the others behind.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-07-16 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Quote attribution
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #418

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Room]

Electra smiles gently, her eyes alight with amusement.

"Our weapons designer liked to pack the most amount of power he possibly could into things. The basic design specs I saw before I left suggested that it would be capable of generating a 5-second sustained plasma beam two meters tall and one and a half meters wide, with a range of 100 meters. That was for the basic shell; as I said earlier, you've got other shell types I've never seen before here. I know they were talking about some sort of elemental imbued shell, but it was more of a 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if...' sort of thing, than anything solid, as far as I knew." She gestures towards the shells again. "If that's what some of these are, I would venture a guess that they are capable of generating the same amount of destructive power. In essence, what you have is an extremely high-powered anti-armor, or anti-emplacement weapon condensed down into the size of a large pistol. I was more surprised they actually managed to find a way to cram that much power into a shell that small, that's all."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

[Downstairs]

Fayyaad will follow the cowled figure outside.

[Fayyaad's Room]

Fayyaad's eyes glaze over for a moment.

"You've lost me in some of the details, but I get the gist of it. I'm not sure if I actually need such a weapon, though. Unless I run into machines like those in the facility again, that is. Otherwise, it feels like it could cause a lot of collateral damage."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

[Downstairs]

Well, Cassandra isn't exactly dressed for adventure at the moment, but she'll follow them out all the same.