New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    The yinglet swallows his most recently extracted clam, looking at the riverman and trying to make sense of what he said.

Uh... you used to live by Stick River? Some of my friends liked to fish zhere, before zhe floods.

the rest is just hopeless, so he changes the subject

Did you want a clam? So-nice lady traded me a whole pile of clams for an oyster-pebble.
    The Riverman looks down at the small creature, and says: No, thank you. I am... not hungry at the moment. I suppose it would be a fruitless endeavor to tell you that the river of which I speak is most likely not where your friends used to fish?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Pixie in the Playground

The yinglet nods

Oh, ok: I'm sure zere's lots of rivers with zhat name. And I don't have any fruit eizer, but I'm sure nice lady could get some for you.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

The tall man chuckles.

I like you. I'm afraid I ave to leave soon. Do you wish to come with me? There will be danger, but exitment as well. I could use someone who has a better understanding of mortal conversation than I. Most terms you use now are lost on me.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Bugbear in the Playground

A man wearing several Layers of Rags comes in. His yellow eyes take a look around the current visitors. He goes for the bar.

"A nuke cola." he says with a soundless voice and waits, allways keeping an eye open.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

J sighs. "Well, if you're not going to go through with this, I'll have a drink, I guess."

The elemental looks at the menu. "And there's nothing here that I can drink."

She looks at the bartender. "I'm guessing you don't get much traffic from elemental earth folk. There's nothing here that I could eat or drink. Unless you have some nice mineral solutions, I can't order anything." She says "mineral solution" in the same tone of voice that a human would use to say "juice" or "cola".
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

"Ignore the menu. Order what you want. Most people do. The menu's there to give people ideas, not to limit your options. There's stuff for everything, I think. It just might not come up often." Alfred advises. I don't personally look at the menu of Trog's when a character orders food here. But they could have some Horneater lager, or troll beer that J could drink.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #487

"He is right." comments the man with the nuke Cola in a soundless voice.
    "Some time ago I saw a big scorpion with stone skin. He ordered Minerals and got them."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

J turns to the bartender. "All right"", she says, "I'll have a glass of limestone solution and a plate of crushed granite with kimberlite, if you can get any. How would I pay for that? Do I even have to pay here?"
    Last edited by Sniccups; 2017-08-15 at 08:52 AM.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

"Whatever money or money analogues you have is accepted here. Dollars, doubloons, gemstones in glass spheres, gold, bottle caps, lead beads, marble discs, whatever. I don't know how it works, but it does." I don't think anyone's ever tried to pay with a Rai stone, but I would not be very surprised if they did.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #490

"As he said." the man comments and takes a nip of his drink.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

[Meeting]

Steve walks into the tavern and goes and orders a bottle of ale from the bar. He then sits down at a table and takes off his helmet and appears to be waiting.

((Character sheet: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20807197&postcount=1069))
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-08-21 at 08:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    [Meeting]

Steve ((I will link the character sheet later)) walks into the tavern and goes and orders a bottle of ale from the bar. He then sits down at a table and takes off his helmet and appears to be waiting.
    A hooded man in leather armor, with a slight amount of chainmail revealed, walks in to the tavern, obviously looking for someone. He has a large knife at his side, two silver short swords on his back, along with a bow and quiver. He sits down at the table. "It's good seeing you. So what do you need me here for?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    A hooded man in leather armor, with a slight amount of chainmail revealed, walks in to the tavern, obviously looking for someone. He has a large knife at his side, two silver short swords on his back, along with a bow and quiver. He sits down at the table. "It's good seeing you. So what do you need me here for?"
    Steve says "I have a task I would like you to join me on. I'll tell you the details after someone else arrives." He pulls out a green gem and says "Hey Ambrosia, it's me, Steve. I have something you would like to look at, it's a piece of an ancient artifact we pulled off of an orb holding together a lich, and a I have job proposition. If you're interested, come meet me at Trog's"
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

14. - Top - End - #494

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Room]

A blue beam streaks down and lands inside Fayyaad's room, materializing into the tiefling adventurer, and the blonde reploid woman known as Electra. She reluctantly release his hand and steps back from him, still smiling.

"I thought you might like to put your weapon away before we went down into the bar."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #495

Steve says "I have a task I would like you to join me on. I'll tell you the details after someone else arrives." He pulls out a green gem and says "Hey Ambrosia, it's me, Steve. I have something you would like to look at, it's a piece of an ancient artifact we pulled off of an orb holding together a lich, and a I have job proposition. If you're interested, come meet me at Trog's"
    There is a longer pauses before Ambrosias voice can be heard from the crystal.
    "Hello again, Steve. It is nice to hear your voice again" She replies in a gentle voice. "Would you mind explaining this job in more detail before I come over?"

Meanwhile, a certain presence is watching Steve and Luvon, while cackling silently to itself. Revenge would be sweet!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Room]

"Certainly," Fayyaad says, putting the gun away with care. "I wouldn't want this gun around when I'm less than sober, and my attention is elsewhere."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    There is a longer pauses before Ambrosias voice can be heard from the crystal.
    "Hello again, Steve. It is nice to hear your voice again" She replies in a gentle voice. "Would you mind explaining this job in more detail before I come over?"

Meanwhile, a certain presence is watching Steve and Luvon, while cackling silently to itself. Revenge would be sweet!
    Steve says "it's nice to hear from you too. I have a piece of crystal taken from a lich's phylactery. I would like you to help us find the origin of this crystal so we can stop any further corruption. I don't have a lot of money at the moment, but I'll pay you whatever I have at the moment. Maybe I can convince Luvon to give you some of his home land's technology also."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

18. - Top - End - #498

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Room]

Electra giggles a bit.

"Actually, I meant it probably isn't an appropriate weapon to be using indoors, or at least, in a building you care about, but yes, carelessness in general and firearms don't mix." She grins at him, moving up to his side. "Shall we, then?" She gestures towards the door.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Steve says "it's nice to hear from you too. I have a piece of crystal taken from a lich's phylactery. I would like you to help us find the origin of this crystal so we can stop any further corruption. I don't have a lot of money at the moment, but I'll pay you whatever I have at the moment. Maybe I can convince Luvon to give you some of his home land's technology also."
    "Oh, this special person is Ambrosia." Says the ranger smiling, knowing previous communication hadn't been heard. "But my homeland's technology is made by me, so I have to have time to make it myself if that's the case. And I don't even have any for myself at the moment."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Room ==> Downstairs]

"That's entirely fair," Fayyaad admits, as he puts an arm around Electra's shoulders, and his tail wraps around her waist. He leads her downstairs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #501

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Room ==> Downstairs]

Electra leans her head against his shoulder, placing her arm around his waist and smiles as he leads her downstairs. She's obviously quite happy that way, though she's rather quiet until they find some seats, and will let happily let Fayyaad guide her to whatever booth or table he wishes.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad takes a seat in a somewhat secluded booth.

"That was a pretty productive day, all told. It's not often I get to test technology so far beyond my experience. What will you be having to celebrate?"

23. - Top - End - #503

NinjaGuy

Electra seats herself next to him, still smiling.

"Indeed it was. I think I'll start with Fire Archon Asylum Rum this time. How about you?"

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll have the Cormyrian Fireamber. I need to keep up the country's reputation while abroad," Fayyaad declares. Once their alcohol arrives, he'll click glasses with Electra. "I really am glad I walked into the Den when I did."

25. - Top - End - #505

Luvon & Steve

The invisible presence continues to cackle to itself as it starts working its magic.
    To everyone else, the change in Luvon and Steve will be instant, but to it, it was nice and slow. She would see them suffer! Muahahahahahahahah!!!

Steve won't change at all, at least from the perspective of anyone watching him. But the fact was that the presence was dramatically changing all his powers. He would still be able to do everything that he had done before, but now everything that once was holy has been made unholy, and also had a fair chance of corrupting the people he used it on (unless that person was himself). Demonic corruption would follow everywhere he went, and he would spread it like a taint.
    Let's see you smite and cure people now, you jerk!

Luvon will change more drastically from a physical standpoint. First, their biological sex would change from male to female, along with all their secondary sexual characteristics.
    Secondly, their clothes, and all their powers will change into something more befitting a bard (exact clothes would be up to their player).
    Yeah, good luck with your silly animals now!

Then as the changes have occurred, the presence made sure to make them permanent. It would take far more than a simple remove curse, or whatever, to remove that!

Of course, Ambrosia doesn't notice any of these changes.
    "Oh? Tell me more about this 'technology', since I was under the impression that Luvon only made weapons and armors."

26. - Top - End - #506

NinjaGuy

Electra's smile deepens as she clinks glasses with Fayyaad and takes the first sip.

"I'm glad you did, too. And I'm glad Dena introduced us. I missed...this." Her expression grows nostalgic for a moment as she takes another sip. "Having someone this close, I mean."

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

"Then I'm glad to provide companionship," Fayyaad says. "I also had to leave home, and it wasn't easy at first. Just me and a horse, for a while. It wasn't even really my horse, just one I bought."

28. - Top - End - #508

NinjaGuy

Electra sings softly for a moment, her smile not fading.

o/~"I've been through the desert on a horse with no name; It felt good to be out from the rain.o/~" She takes another sip and leans against him once more. "It -does- feel good to be out from the rain. I do hope you can eventually make it home, though. Perhaps one day things will blow over and you can?"

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Luvon & Steve

The invisible presence continues to cackle to itself as it starts working its magic.
    To everyone else, the change in Luvon and Steve will be instant, but to it, it was nice and slow. She would see them suffer! Muahahahahahahahah!!!

Steve won't change at all, at least from the perspective of anyone watching him. But the fact was that the presence was dramatically changing all his powers. He would still be able to do everything that he had done before, but now everything that once was holy has been made unholy, and also had a fair chance of corrupting the people he used it on (unless that person was himself). Demonic corruption would follow everywhere he went, and he would spread it like a taint.
    Let's see you smite and cure people now, you jerk!

Luvon will change more drastically from a physical standpoint. First, their biological sex would change from male to female, along with all their secondary sexual characteristics.
    Secondly, their clothes, and all their powers will change into something more befitting a bard (exact clothes would be up to their player).
    Yeah, good luck with your silly animals now!

Then as the changes have occurred, the presence made sure to make them permanent. It would take far more than a simple remove curse, or whatever, to remove that!

Of course, Ambrosia doesn't notice any of these changes.
    "Oh? Tell me more about this 'technology', since I was under the impression that Luvon only made weapons and armors."
    Steve looks at Luvon says "What in the world? Ambrosia, you need to get over here now. Luvon suddenly looks like a girl and I feel... different. When I say different, I mean that I feel The Benevolent One's presence within me normally, but now it's gone, and I'm scared about that. That's another thing, I'm usually immune to fear. You need to help us."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-08-24 at 09:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Steve looks at Luvon says "What in the world? Ambrosia, you need to get over here now. Luvon suddenly looks like a girl and I feel... different. When I say different, I mean that I feel The Benevolent One's presence within me normally, but now it's gone, and I'm scared about that. That's another thing, I'm usually immune to fear. You need to help us."
    "Of all of the people in the Nexus!" Luvon angrily yells. " This has to be somebody we've met that's obviously not dead. And I guess Ambrosia doesn't notice about any of this, so maybe only we see this and maybe only we are affected. But we need to fix this right now!"

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother