New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cursed Table]

Ambrosia was expecting a reply from Luvon as well, but provided that he also promises not to attack anything, she will raise the dagger into the air and then make a downwards slashing motion in the air, causing strange crack to appear. It has no visible borders, but if one looks at it, from Ambrosia's angle, they can see a a mountainous landscape slowly expanding in size like a wound in the fabric of space time. However, from other angles this landscape won't be visible.

"Hurry inside. Just return to the spot you arrive at in about a day and I'll open the rift again. Just be careful, don't think you want to be trapped on the other side."
    She cautions. "Just look for the tallest mountain and go there."

Unless there are any other questions, the rift will quickly close once they are on the other side.
    Steve says "May the heavens be with you." and goes through.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

J hands the white potion to Sam.

"Think about the place where you want to go, then drink it, then open the door and walk out. You'll probably feel like this whole thing is pointless for a few seconds, but do it anyway. That's how this thing works - it convinces your subconscious that you most definitely will not go where you want to"
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

3. - Top - End - #873
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Yeah, I think it is human." he says. "I'm not sure myself. It's hard to say if your parents are also with scales and all. Some also have spiky ears like elfs, but I guess that might be the only fitting race.
    Oh, that's good. I thought you may not be able to shapeshift if there isn't enougth space. I sure don't know about that."
    he says with a smile.

--------------------------------------

As the postion was hand over a man from another table speaks up loud enougth to be heared.

"If I were you, I wouldn't try it." he says to Sam. "Spellcaster like her just use you as a test subject."

The man will then fokus on the porion to make out how much magic was used to create it.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #874
    Orc in the Playground

"It gets a bit uncomfortable, growing larger in a confined space, and it's best to do it with your eyes closed. And it does automatically stop if I bump into anything that won't budge on opposite sides. Anything without enough give will constrain my growth." But she can usually make herself smaller to make escaping human-size traps and cages far easier than it would be for others. "But I guess that might depend on the shifter, as well. Not everyone works to the same rules as me, even if they can do similar things." Natalie's shapeshifting works differently, for example. And a lycanthrope's abilities are a third method of doing it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cursed Table]

Ambrosia was expecting a reply from Luvon as well, but provided that he also promises not to attack anything, she will raise the dagger into the air and then make a downwards slashing motion in the air, causing strange crack to appear. It has no visible borders, but if one looks at it, from Ambrosia's angle, they can see a a mountainous landscape slowly expanding in size like a wound in the fabric of space time. However, from other angles this landscape won't be visible.

"Hurry inside. Just return to the spot you arrive at in about a day and I'll open the rift again. Just be careful, don't think you want to be trapped on the other side."
    She cautions. "Just look for the tallest mountain and go there."

Unless there are any other questions, the rift will quickly close once they are on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve says "May the heavens be with you." and goes through.
    Luvon nods. "Will do." And then heads through the opening.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

6. - Top - End - #876

"So many to learn." he says. "Maybe we should meet up again. for dinner, for example?"

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

"Most magics and technologies here work differently. It's only worth investigating if you're actually interested in the field." Because everyone's ideas are slightly different, they tend to clash a little. "That sounds good to me. When and where?" Jack smiles, looking forward to it. Though she's aware it's probably a date, and she's not had one before, so she's a little nervous beneath the smile's false confidence.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Leslie has to twist around to look at the man with the orange text. "Hey! I resent that. But, I guess we do have a literal lab rat available if we want to do that first." She has to twist back to look at J. "You say that all it does is mess with your frame of mind? As in, taking advantage of an existing, 'last place you expect,' mechanism?"

9. - Top - End - #879

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Most magics and technologies here work differently. It's only worth investigating if you're actually interested in the field." Because everyone's ideas are slightly different, they tend to clash a little. "That sounds good to me. When and where?" Jack smiles, looking forward to it. Though she's aware it's probably a date, and she's not had one before, so she's a little nervous beneath the smile's false confidence.
    "How about tomorrow." he says. "We could go to Mallside, I heared there are some good restaurants, or maybe the Thanksmas-Market."
    Thanksmas market is not his favorit place due to his reptilian heritage, but a good occasion.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Summoning Table]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "So you're not, but only because you have the decency to be deceptive about it. Are you seriously saying that if you had a long enough mustache, you wouldn't be twirling it?"
    "There are-" Omiko insists, before pausing to down another entire flagon. "-only two kinds of freedom. And only one kind of tyranny. The difference is what is done with it. It's easy to say that you fight for freedom and justice - in your own way. Although you won't catch me saying it, because I don't. Justice is somebody else's problem now. But what way is that? What do you actually do for it?" She raises her eyebrow (the only one), clearly skeptical of Theo's mincing explanation. If you're going to be a demon-loving undead-supporting gyro-eating evil knight of evil, at least own it.
    Summoning Table

"I work through it by building and protecting a community." Theo states simply, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair a bit. "When ran properly, a tyrant can be a positive and productive force upon a town. There is a lack of middle-men when it comes to dealing out punishment, rewards, rules, and regulation. When ran poorly, it will drive a community to the ground, but what difference is there between a someone willing to call themselves a tyrant and any other Lord or Monarch that controls land? If anything, it is a simpler system. People may call it unjust and restraining, but in truth I think that is only because people don't know what they really want." He supposes, giving a small shrug.

"People like the idea of complete freedom. Unrestrained by supposedly oppressive laws and rule, happy to do what they want when they want to. The issue is that there can't be a feasible community built out of that. Soon it all falls to pseudo-anarchist tendencies, violence and bloodshed as opposing views clash, and eventually a person or small group of persons rise to the top and establish a ruling class once more. It's just how it works. Entropy might end everything, but out of Chaos, Order will always arise. The Dragon I serve knows this and rules with a light but firm hand. It provides Freedom without Chaos, law without oppression. You ask how I fight for it, and it is simple. I am her high guard, her voice when she is not present." He explains, giving another shrug. "And before you say such, I do recognize that this is all subjective, but there wouldn't be a flourishing trade town if it were too wrong."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Orc in the Playground

"Tomorrow? You're keen. I can't wait. I don't know either, so I have no preference." Jack grins. She's looking forward to this already.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Firbolg in the Playground

"A...flourishing trade town? Oh my me, that's adorable. 'Land', honestly. I forget how little things are here sometimes."
    Omiko leans aside for a moment. "Hey, waiter, get me a gyros. Make that two-no-four, four gyroses. Dot are you sure 'gyroses' is right? That sounds pretty non-Nexusian. And it better be something good, no lamb-meat!"

"People call it unjust because it is unjust, justice is different from profit, the difference between a tyrant and a lord is whether the law applies to them, the problem with absolute freedom is using it to decrease foreign freedom, and order only arises when you put in energy - usually from greed or fear in the case you explained."
    "Anyway, you seem alright, except for all the spookiness. So not bad, you can talk a click or two. Do you consider yourself far from home, coming here?" she inquires, leering.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #883
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Leslie has to twist around to look at the man with the orange text. "Hey! I resent that. But, I guess we do have a literal lab rat available if we want to do that first." She has to twist back to look at J. "You say that all it does is mess with your frame of mind? As in, taking advantage of an existing, 'last place you expect,' mechanism?"
    "That's, sort of, ...literally the point of this. That's how it would work. Also, what do you mean by a lab rat?"

J isn't really concentrating on the conversation, though. She's busy imagining possible applications for this potion.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

"Okay, cool. Sorry, I just felt like I was missing something."

Rather than explain the concept of a lab rat to someone from a universe that probably uses guinea pigs instead, Leslie summons her pet back onto the table with a snap of her fingers and a flash of light. The big white rat nearly knocks over the chemistry set.

"Labratti have a quirk that lets potions act on them more effectively, so it's easy to test for side effects. All we'd have to do is watch from our side of the door, right?"

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam gently sets the potion down.
    ”Yeah...last time I agreed to be a part of a study-experiment thing I woke up half a ton heavier. So I think maybe I’ll pass after all.”
    To be fair the Ethereals gave him a mildly smaller body when he complained.
    He’s still huge though.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #886

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Tomorrow? You're keen. I can't wait. I don't know either, so I have no preference." Jack grins. She's looking forward to this already.
    "Then let's go thanksmas. It's only around now and mallside will be there at other times." he says. Since time is really a Nexus thing we should go with,[perfekt time] to meet.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Orc in the Playground

"I will be there, dressed as a Thanksmas elf. I was planning on doing it anyway, but this definitely works." She's already there, as a matter of fact. Presumably, they'll arrange a place to meet as well as a time- the Thanksmas tree seems a good place. Jack grins, looking forward to it already.

18. - Top - End - #888

"Okay then, see you there." he says and he heads out.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Upstairs]

"Well, can't say in bed all day," Fayyaad says, swinging his legs out of the bed and looking around for his clothes. "But I'd certainly like to do it again someday. Both the adventure and the celebration."
    [Upstairs]

At least this time his clothes were only removed, and not simply disintegrated.
    That can be a risk with these sorceresses, sometimes.

"Well we don't have to stay in bed." Cassandra murmurs, electing not to go around looking for her own clothes just yet in favor of ogling Fayyaad.

"Yes, I'd like that." She says, a little louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Summoning Table

"I suppose I should be honored that I am merely "spooky" on your scale of Good and Evil." The dullahan says with an amused smile before shruggin. "Far? Not particularly. Only a few hours ride. Dependent upon the whimsy of time and space in this region of course, but my motorcycle can handle it easily enough." He explains before gesturing at the table. "Mind if I summon my daughter now? And my name is Theo by the way, but I assume you caught that when I was talking to Sir Lightblade.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"All right. Let's do this"

J sets the white potion down to where the rat can drink it.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

My Nexus character

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

[Upstairs]

"We don't, you say? I like the way you think," Fayyaad says. At least if Cassandra means what he thinks she means. He glances at Cassandra more than once as he puts on his clothes. "I'll keep it in mind for next time. For now, why don't we get some breakfast?"

And the scene can end here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #893

[Cursed Table]

Once Luvon and Steve have left through the portal, Ambrosia waits a moment or two for the portal to fully close.

Once it has been gone for a few moments, she suddenly turns around and uses the knife to make another portal which she herself steps through. Disappearing into thin air.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

Another visitor comes through the door of Trog's Tavern. This one looks like he knows his way around. It's a half-elf in a long, dusty brown coat, with what looks like a hardened leather breastplate underneath. There's a backsword in a sheath at his hip, and at the other a large revolver with a black handle, bearing strange markings. He looks more human than elven, the only signs of his heritage being pointed ears and pale, grey eyes. He has a short beard and close-cropped brown hair.

There's an awkward swing to his step as he walks across the floor. His right leg doesn't work the way it should. Neither does his right hand, it would appear - there's some sort of brace on it. It doesn't slow him down much, though, as he orders a drink and takes a look around.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-12-10 at 11:08 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

With a quick nod from Leslie, Algernon picks up the potion beaker in his little pink paws and downs it like a true professional.

"Cool! All aboard the Labrattus Express!" Leslie cheers excitedly. "Our first test should be to somewhere we've seen before, so... okay Algernon, let's head to that Pokémon center with the big mustache guy."

She gets up and beckons L to follow to the nearest exit for the first test run. The rat will follow whatever procedure L advises.

26. - Top - End - #896

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Summoning Table

"I suppose I should be honored that I am merely "spooky" on your scale of Good and Evil." The dullahan says with an amused smile before shruggin. "Far? Not particularly. Only a few hours ride. Dependent upon the whimsy of time and space in this region of course, but my motorcycle can handle it easily enough." He explains before gesturing at the table. "Mind if I summon my daughter now? And my name is Theo by the way, but I assume you caught that when I was talking to Sir Lightblade.
    "Yes, highly honored. Most people don't rate nearly that well." Omiko adds. Then she waves vaguely at the summoning diagram.
    "By all means, Theo. Don't let me interrupt your family reunion. Your summoning gyros is safe."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Summoning Table

Theo gives a small nod and ignores his witness as he finishes up his summoning. He doesn't have to speak at all, but he closes his eyes and places his hand upon the sigils he's drawn. A ghostly blue light seeps from the hand, tracing the summoning signs, and in a few moments they flare up in a pillar of light. When the light fades and eyes adjust, a teenage girl sits on the edge of the table, smiling and kicking her legs in the air. She'd pass as human if her skin weren't dark midnight blue and her head was being held on her lap instead of on her neck. She also sports a pair of ibex antlers and is currently wearing a school uniform although she seems to have chosen pants instead of a skirt. She lifts her head up by an antler for a moment, giving her father a peck on the cheek before hopping off and into a seat. "Helloooo!" She practically sings, waving to Omiko with her empty hand. After the wave, she tries to position her head on her neck, but unlike her father it doesn't stick very well and she's forced to cradle her head as she eats.

Somehow her head is connected to her neck for the food she eats simply vanishes and she appears to be forced to take a breath between bites despite her half-spirit half-demonic heritage.

28. - Top - End - #898

The door swings open and with that a cold wind enters the tavern.
    A man with dark clothes and snow all over it steps slowly inside. The door closes behind him without him touching it. Fade sweaps away the snow deom his clothes leaving a small pile of it at the entrance, which will melt quickly. He takes of the dark cape and put's it on the wardrobe. With that he walks through the tavern in his rag like cape and black jeans. He looks out for people that might got something to do where they might hire MERC.

29. - Top - End - #899

"Hello." Omiko answers with a wave from her mechanical hand. The girl seems quite cheery."I'm Omiko, nice to meet you, even if you're eating that thing with no tomatoes. You dad never got around to mentioning your name."

Her tail flicks and sweeps around to track Fade when he enters. Might be a hundred ways to do it in the Nexus, but that was pretty cool.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

[Portal to Pokeside]

"Squeak?"

After the group makes sure the door is closed, Algernon the rat just barely pushes it open enough to poke his head out of the exit. On the other side, a balding, muscular man in a pink apron looks over his shoulder, distracted from a beat-up bird he was tending to.

"HARK! What is this? A forgotten stowaway, left by its absentminded companions while investigating the broom closet!"

"Ah!" Leslie adjusts her glasses as she swings the door open, revealing that the door now seems to adjoin Trog's directly to a Pokemon center. "No, it's just us, mister... Armstrong, right? Sorry, we were just testing a teleport... potion..."

Now that Armstrong mentions it, Leslie notices that the door opened into a space behind the counter. The center's windows and proper entrance can be seen from this point of view. The door itself seems to have transformed to match the center's decor, too.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-12-25 at 06:08 PM.