New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Batu shifts awkwardly.

"I wouldn't say I have errands... and I'm not used to having people do things for me. I'm just an apprentice sorcerer. And I come to Trog's to hang around in a more social setting than normal. I'm a bit of a shut-in otherwise."
    'Oh, you're an apprentice sorcerer? That sounds cool. Can anyone learn to do sorcery, or is it like a natural ability you have to hone? Seeing as I'm self-aware and no longer a lab rat, it's about time I found a profession myself. But alas, I have few natural talents. Unless you count getting into scrapes a talent. I seem to have done nothing useful since that wizard made me this way. Anyway, I guess it won't always be this way. I just need to find my feet again, is all.' Fendrick shrugs. He really doesn't mean to be so negative. He really feels comfortable talking to Batu - he feels at ease.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

"Well... that really depends on where you are," Batu says. "There's all sorts of magic. But my sorcery doesn't require any inborn talent. At least no more than any other craft. Anyone can theoretically learn it. If it makes you feel any better, before I developed an interest in sorcery, everyone in my tribe considered me to be useless. Of course, after I became interested in sorcery, they kicked me out."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Raril taps his nose. "Werewolf." He says with a grin. "Not a vampire though. My brother's one, however. Werewolf too.

The drow gladly hugs the llama. "How have you been, Atreyu? I haven't seen you around recently. Missed you at the last full moon party."

"Whoa! That's neat. Must make those full moon parties kinda rough, though. Umm as for me. Well, about a year and a half ago, I started a game of hide and seek with a planeswalker. And...well, they are immortals and have noooo concept of time, so he spent the first three months just counting and then went off to find me. I think he is currently on an ice plane right now. Not sure why he thinks I am there, but at least I am winning." The pack animal sits down and relaxes. "eep, I think I got some wool on your shirt. So how about you? What have you been up to?"
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

"Been trying to keep my head above water, keeping the Black Dragon's Den running." The drow explains, picking a few bits of fluff on his silk shirt. "My family back from Faerun has come to town, they're making my life interesting." Raril says, pulling a bit at the collar around his throat.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #965

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    ((Oh hello Atreyu))

Ein slowly takes her hands back, fingers folded over each other.
    With her lower arms, she takes out her notes again, and a tendril highlights the phrase 'improving your power'.
    She doesn't understand what Fade is up to right now, but would prefer not to be stabbed. It might not go well.
    [Bar]

Fade takes his hands down. the shadow keeps the blade up for the moment, but she will be able to write.

"The way you do it is just not good." he explains.
    "Last time someone did infuse me, I rampaged a whole city. I rather not do that again, since I work for someone."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #966
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well... that really depends on where you are," Batu says. "There's all sorts of magic. But my sorcery doesn't require any inborn talent. At least no more than any other craft. Anyone can theoretically learn it. If it makes you feel any better, before I developed an interest in sorcery, everyone in my tribe considered me to be useless. Of course, after I became interested in sorcery, they kicked me out."
    'Oh, cool....' Fendrick was fascinated, that anyone would have ever considered Batu useless. And Fendrick wondered why Batu would have been kicked out for learning a new skill; the idea seemed alien to him. Fendrick wondered what it would have been like to be part of a tribe (he had always been kept alone as a ratling, and was the only rat who survived from his litter). It would be nice to belong somewhere, he sighed to himself. Fendrick seems rather wrapped up in his own thoughts... it may be necessary for Batu to remind Fendrick of his company!

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Batu looks at Fendrick with an uncertain and awkward expression.

"You alright? You looked like you'd spaced out a little."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Batu looks at Fendrick with an uncertain and awkward expression.

"You alright? You looked like you'd spaced out a little."
    Fendrick comes back to the present with a jolt. 'Oh, sorry.' he says hastily, shaking his head rapidly as if to dispel the thoughts within it. It's quite a cute gesture, seeing as after all he is just a pudgy human-sized ginger-furred rat.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Bar]

Fade takes his hands down. the shadow keeps the blade up for the moment, but she will be able to write.

"The way you do it is just not good." he explains.
    "Last time someone did infuse me, I rampaged a whole city. I rather not do that again, since I work for someone."
    Careful of the blade, Ein scratches out an answer.
    No one has ever rampaged across a city before.
    Though you would not need to work.
    We've no economy like yours. Would they miss you?
    This is technically true, considering only intelligent infusees. Infused animals would go on a rampage given half the chance.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-01-23 at 06:03 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Fendrick comes back to the present with a jolt. 'Oh, sorry.' he says hastily, shaking his head rapidly as if to dispel the thoughts within it. It's quite a cute gesture, seeing as after all he is just a pudgy human-sized ginger-furred rat.
    Batu shrugs.

"It's fine. I know you have some bad experiences with magic, but I'd never experiment on sentient beings... besides, I don't think my sorcery can even do that."

It seems he misinterpreted Fendrick's silence.

11. - Top - End - #971

"Been trying to keep my head above water, keeping the Black Dragon's Den running." The drow explains, picking a few bits of fluff on his silk shirt. "My family back from Faerun has come to town, they're making my life interesting." Raril says, pulling a bit at the collar around his throat.
    "Like good interesting, or I need a Phoenix down around me at all times, just in case, interesting?"
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

"The latter, I'd say. Definitely." Raril replies. "Drow politics are... fun? Well, they used to be fun. More annoying these days. Maybe I'm just getting old."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #973

"The latter, I'd say. Definitely." Raril replies. "Drow politics are... fun? Well, they used to be fun. More annoying these days. Maybe I'm just getting old."
    Oh right. The sort of thing where you need a color coded flowchart to keep track of who is aligned with, betraying, or double-crossing who. You may need two flow charts.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril chuckles. "Exactly, and my sisters weren't exactly pleased with my running off to the Nexus. Well, I ran off before that, but they've tracked me down here. Of course, they're quite pleased with the resources they've found here."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #975
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Batu shrugs.

"It's fine. I know you have some bad experiences with magic, but I'd never experiment on sentient beings... besides, I don't think my sorcery can even do that."

It seems he misinterpreted Fendrick's silence.
    Fendrick smiles, and doesn't correct Batu. He sighs quietly. 'I really ought to find myself someplace to live, I was sleeping rough in a forest, before I came here. Hence why my fur is such a state.'

Batu may at this point take a closer look at Fendrick's fur; if he does, he may notice how it is greasy, yet matted in places. And there are indeed slightly thinner patches, as if fur has been pulled out. The ginger fur has a generally unhealthy appearance. Fendrick doesn't appear to be too self conscious; his fur has most likely been in poor condition for some time, so he is used to it.

16. - Top - End - #976

Careful of the blade, Ein scratches out an answer.
    This is technically true, considering only intelligent infusees. Infused animals would go on a rampage given half the chance.
    Fade got overwhelmed by emotions and in his case it was rage rather then love. It is hard to resist something you never had befor. A problem Fade didn't got to deal much.

"Trust me, I can bring down buildings by myself." he replies. The blade slowly drawn back until it suddendly disapears.
    To her last question Fade remains silent for a moment.
    "I don't know." he says. "I don't think any of them knows me enougth to miss me."

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Fendrick smiles, and doesn't correct Batu. He sighs quietly. 'I really ought to find myself someplace to live, I was sleeping rough in a forest, before I came here. Hence why my fur is such a state.'

Batu may at this point take a closer look at Fendrick's fur; if he does, he may notice how it is greasy, yet matted in places. And there are indeed slightly thinner patches, as if fur has been pulled out. The ginger fur has a generally unhealthy appearance. Fendrick doesn't appear to be too self conscious; his fur has most likely been in poor condition for some time, so he is used to it.
    Batu's eyes twitch.

"If you need a place to stay for a while, the temple of Inari might offer shelter... I go there sometimes to pray. And I've heard the Good League of Good is a charity organization that helps everyone who comes there."

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summoning Table]

"Sensitive thing, isn't she?"
    Omiko watches the monster storm outside.
    "I don't think I was ever that easily embarrassed, even centuries ago. She's your only child?"
    Summoning Table

"The only one that I am aware of at any rate." Theo says as he takes his napkin and wipes his mouth before standing. "As for what I received, well, that is between her mother and I and us alone. It is never a good thing to spill all your secrets after all." He points out with a small smile before bowing. "And since she has stormed off, perhaps it is time for me to head out as well. Enjoy your meal and I pray that you have a good evening." Unless stopped, he'll head out of the tavern leaving behind a pair of copper coins on the table as either a tip or for Omiko. He doesn't specify which.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Batu's eyes twitch.

"If you need a place to stay for a while, the temple of Inari might offer shelter... I go there sometimes to pray. And I've heard the Good League of Good is a charity organization that helps everyone who comes there."
    Fendrick smiles, and thanks Batu for his guidance. Perhaps he will leave to find the Good League of Good soon, but for now he's enjoying the warmth of Trog's - being indoors is somewhat of a luxury right now!

20. - Top - End - #980
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ein takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out.
    We would value your strength.
    But it is your choice.
    They can't go kidnapping useful people out of bars and trying to steal their shadow powers. That would attract unwanted attention.

"Later, Theo." Omiko waves goodbye, extra mouth flailing in surprise for a moment. She leaves the coins there, having been informed that they're probably for the waiter.
    "What a quaint little boy." she remarks to no one in particular.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

Fendrick smiles, and thanks Batu for his guidance. Perhaps he will leave to find the Good League of Good soon, but for now he's enjoying the warmth of Trog's - being indoors is somewhat of a luxury right now!
    "So, what do you want to do after you get your feet back on the ground?" Batu asks. It seemed to him like Fendrick didn't have a very good idea before.

22. - Top - End - #982

Raril chuckles. "Exactly, and my sisters weren't exactly pleased with my running off to the Nexus. Well, I ran off before that, but they've tracked me down here. Of course, they're quite pleased with the resources they've found here."

"Resources? Like AMEN? OR....UMMMM....gah the Mafia? Do we even still have a Mafia?"
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril looks confused. "We had a mafia?" He shrugs then shakes his head. "I don't think they've gotten caught up in AMEN. One of my daughters has, she was running the place for a while, but that was a while ago. I don't know what they're doing now. No the family is interested in the wealth resources to be found here. Rare materials, technology, and the like."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #984
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"So, what do you want to do after you get your feet back on the ground?" Batu asks. It seemed to him like Fendrick didn't have a very good idea before.
    'Well, before I ran away I wanted to be an adventurer. But it turns out, I can hardly fend for myself and I'm not much of a fighter. So, perhaps I would like to run a shop, or something like that. But I'll have to work until I can afford to rent a shop, of course.. And I don't have many talents, I'm not sure what I would do to earn a wage.'

Fendrick's eyes light up at the thought of owning his own shop, making a life for himself. He'd like that very much.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

"Being an adventurer sounds glamorous, but people usually forget about the risks involved," Batu says. "Have you thought about becoming an apprentice? If you can find someone willing... you could learn a trade while working for someone. It's more or less what I did to learn sorcery. I'm living in a tower with a few other wizards, now. They were looking for someone new to join their order."

26. - Top - End - #986

Raril looks confused. "We had a mafia?" He shrugs then shakes his head. "I don't think they've gotten caught up in AMEN. One of my daughters has, she was running the place for a while, but that was a while ago. I don't know what they're doing now. No the family is interested in the wealth resources to be found here. Rare materials, technology, and the like."
    *The llama looks confused, then gives a Sly grin and a wink* "right! Never had a Mafia and it was never run by a cat named Sneak." * Then he frowned* "Eeep, yeah, we do have lots of amazing tech and gold and stuff." *He then looks up at the left corner* " why didn't anyone tell me my avatar wasn't showing up? How will people know what I look like? Hey player, gonna fix that?"

(Working on it. It doesn't look bad on my phone. I will fix it when I can)
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril's face goes blank for a moment as the fourth wall is broken, but he seems to take it in stride and just picks up the conversation again. "Yeah, if they manage to bring even gunpowder back to Faerun, it's gonna be a bad time there. On the plus side, though, a lot of young and impressionable drow are moving to the Nexus, and you know the Nexus doesn't stand for intolerance."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #988

Ein takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out.
    They can't go kidnapping useful people out of bars and trying to steal their shadow powers. That would attract unwanted attention.

"Later, Theo." Omiko waves goodbye, extra mouth flailing in surprise for a moment. She leaves the coins there, having been informed that they're probably for the waiter.
    "What a quaint little boy." she remarks to no one in particular.
    "I don't know you or your kind." Fade says in his normal speechless voice.
    "I have felt this befor and i know it won't end in my best will. I think we have to go with that."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Being an adventurer sounds glamorous, but people usually forget about the risks involved," Batu says. "Have you thought about becoming an apprentice? If you can find someone willing... you could learn a trade while working for someone. It's more or less what I did to learn sorcery. I'm living in a tower with a few other wizards, now. They were looking for someone new to join their order."
    'Yeah, it was the glamour that attracted me to it in the first place. I was rather foolish. Being an apprentice would be good, though. I don't know that I'd like to be a sorcerer. It sounds very complicated to learn? Is it a steep learning curve? I mean, are there any simpler apprenticeships you could recommend?'

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

"It is rather complicated," Batu admits. "It requires a certain... frame of mind. A person who will pry off the floorboards of reality just to see what's under there. As for another apprenticeship... is there something you feel drawn to doing right now?"