New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Fendrick feels warm and fuzzy inside when he thinks of the generosity of those around him.

A sword would be most useful, not that he knows how to use one but he's sure he can soon learn.

In addition, that waistcoat would be useful as somewhere to store what money he may earn in the near future, and the odd trinket.

Fendrick suggests, 'Gaelin, Felandria. Why don't we go find some magical items, and on the way pick up some questing materials, like a short sword and perhaps we'll also come across a dashing waistcoat for myself. Do you have any idea where to go for a good quest?'

Fendrick shrugs; he has no idea where to head first. Again, he is grateful for the generosity shown to him and eager for an opportunity to repay the favour.
    Ooh, a quest, I'm always up for a quest!

Where to go for one, though, can't think of anything specific at the moment.

Any ideas, Gaelin?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "No worries. We're all new once, after all. Adventurers are quite common, actually. Someone might have something for you to do." Also, just realised: Jack isn't a dragon in disguise. The previous post may have given that impression, but Jack's not a dragon.
    "adventurer? i've never considered myself an adventurer. well, i've never worked in my life, but i figure i'll have to start somewhere. maybe i will ask around."

Hidrus does a gesture with his left hand, like he is grasping something in mid-air, and a chalice appear in his grasp. is seems ancient, and Hidrus looks absently at the writings that cover it

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post

Any ideas, Gaelin?
    "I'm new here myself." says Gaelin "Something I learned in hindsight coming here is that when several gods send divine messengers to tell you to not tamper with some force, don't do it. But that isn't important. Surely there is a smithy somewhere here, but I don't know where I can find quests. I tried asking on the street, but no one seemed to care."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Any ideas, Gaelin?
    "I'm new here myself." says Gaelin "Something I learned in hindsight coming here is that when several gods send divine messengers to tell you to not tamper with some force, don't do it. But that isn't important. Surely there is a smithy somewhere here, but I don't know where I can find quests. I tried asking on the street, but no one seemed to care."

'Ah.' said Fendrick. 'I think I can sniff out the way to a smithy,
    but where do we find a tailor for that waistcoat I so desire?
    '

Apart from a short excursion to find a sword and a waistcoat, Fendrick is still a little unsure of where to go next. Are there any items that Felandria and Gaelin need before they can adventure?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir perks up, his ears standing straight. "Oh, yeah. Hey. No big thing," the stag grins. "I had to wait a little longer at a bar. Oh, woe is me." His ears wiggle and he wags his eyebrows as he raises a flagon from the table to his lips.

"No sign of Harn... Harnetta, yet,"
    Adir says. He's been practicing remembering that. He wipes away a little 'stache of foam. It's maybe worth noting he's otherwise clean shaven, which differs from when Ilpholin used to know him. He was at least a little stubbly then most of the time. "I, um, hope she's still staying here. If not, well, I've got free reign to drink the night away, so..." Adir rolls his eyes to the side innocently and drinks again. "You'll walk me home, right? You seem to like walking." That grin appears again.
    "It's not my favorite form of exercise, but people are still a little skittish around me, so I make do." Ilpholin slides into the seat beside Adir with a small smile. "And yeah, I'll get you home safe if you want. No problem." The nymph suspects he doesn't get many nights off with that plethora of spawn back home, but doesn't ask either. Then again, he's had time to clean up so who knows?

Ilpholin orders herself a glass of red wine before continuing. "Have you asked the staff? They should have a registry of who's staying upstairs. Unless she's using an alias." Ilpholin wouldn't imagine Harnetta to be the type, but then there was a lot she realizes she didn't know about the dragonoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick heads towards the door of the tavern, and gestures for Felandria and Gaelin to follow.

'I can work out where the swordsmith is, and from there I need to go to the tailor. After that, I know where we can go... On my way to the tavern, I passed a small cottage and it smelled like magic. It sits on a hill to the west, and there is a dirt track leading up to it. It seemed uninhabited, so I would rather like to check it out and see if I could settle there, I've always wanted to live in a cottage.'

Fendrick waits to see if Gaelin and Felandria will follow him out of the tavern, into Inside to buy supplies. The cottage is in Outside.
    Last edited by Fendrick; 2017-04-16 at 08:45 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

"Adventuring is only barely work, so don't worry. I'm sure you'll be fine. That's a neat trick; how'd you do it?" Jack thinks it looks like magic, but knows it could very well be technology of some kind; Hidrus did say he believes in magic but wasn't familiar with it, she thinks.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

"what? i just captchalogued it. it is something everyone can do... like... put things in your sylladex, and take them out later. it's like the most normal thing in the world."
    "or... maybe not in this world..."

Hidrus lets go the chalice, wich disappear again

"you are really helpful, jack! i'm learning many interesting things about this world! and, huh, thanks"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't have a sylladex. That's why I have a satchel, to put things in and carry them physically rather than... However you're carrying that now." She motions towards her satchel as she speaks, a brown leather bag with a sturdy strap and a stylised crow branded into the leather. It's a pretty nice bag, and it's reasonably sized as well.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

"uh, yeah, i too can carry things 'phisically', but the sylladex is just so handy, and it let me carry around many things, like, my entire collection of chalices. i guess primitive civilizations like yours don't have it. um, by the way, nice satchel. i like hand-made things. they were hard to find, back on alternia."

Hidrus looks around again. It seems like he's running low of conversation topics, but at the same time he don't know what else do.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

"Most dislike their communities or cultures being derided as 'primitive', Hidrus. In my case, it's fair. My kind dislike grubbing around underground, so we don't have metallurgy or mining. We don't particularly need either; we have other advantages that make up for our lack, and humans and others are often more than willing to do it for us." Though Jack is still keeping her exact nature a secret, she's quite glad to hear Hidrus complement her bag.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Fendrick heads towards the door of the tavern, and gestures for Felandria and Gaelin to follow.

'I can work out where the swordsmith is, and from there I need to go to the tailor. After that, I know where we can go... On my way to the tavern, I passed a small cottage and it smelled like magic. It sits on a hill to the west, and there is a dirt track leading up to it. It seemed uninhabited, so I would rather like to check it out and see if I could settle there, I've always wanted to live in a cottage.'

Fendrick waits to see if Gaelin and Felandria will follow him out of the tavern, into Inside to buy supplies. The cottage is in Outside.
    Fel's drink arrives, she downs it, leaves money on the table and accompanies Fendrick.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Drinking All The Drinks]

"Well that's a bit complicated I think." MrC says. "As you can see I'm not a born beeing like you or the others." He looks at the other table where Fayyaad did head to. "Which means I got no Mom or Dad to recall my species. I assume my creator used something from dragons in my creation like the blood that runs through my veins. It showed of when I used the amulett. Didn't you met halfdragons? some breeds of human and dragons for example?"
    [Back Inside<==>Drinking all the Drinks]

"I've met half-dragons yes, but I've yet understand how they can be. Speaking biologically, it should be impossible for them to create offspring together. Even shapeshifted I don't see how it could work. Dragons from my homeworld could shapeshift as well, but they only produced human offspring, if any at all." She explains while turning to the newly returned Cassandra, and Simone. "Glad to see you two back, you haven't missed anything though. We've mostly been discussing the same things as you left. We must be quite dull." The scholar remarks with a smile.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

"Most dislike their communities or cultures being derided as 'primitive', Hidrus. In my case, it's fair. My kind dislike grubbing around underground, so we don't have metallurgy or mining. We don't particularly need either; we have other advantages that make up for our lack, and humans and others are often more than willing to do it for us." Though Jack is still keeping her exact nature a secret, she's quite glad to hear Hidrus complement her bag.
    "oh, well the empire was pretty advanced, so it is not a bad thing to be less evoluted than it. but i can understand. i still don't understand what's the deal with your people, but it's fine. maybe i can buy you a drink? or maybe not, i don't have any money. humm. do you know if there's a place where i can rest, until i find a new hive?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

"Most of our neighbours think we're human. We aren't, no more than we're birds. We're neither, and both. We're shifters, with the ability to look human, or look like crows, or mix the features of the two however we wish. As for somewhere to stay, Trog's has rooms. Or there's other hostels. Most places accept any currency you happen to have on you, so don't worry about not having money." Though Jack's not willing to give Hidrus any of her currency. "Would you like to see what I can do?" Now she's decided to drop the mysterious act, she wants to show off.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

"well, i really have no money. but maybe i can sell some of my chalices to someone: they are ancient, and i think that some of them is magic, and i have a whole bunch of them whit me.
    so, you can change form? it seem interesting! show me!"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

[Drinking All the Drinks]

Fayyaad smiles, and orders a new round. But his player can't think of much else to add, so perhaps they just keep on drinking off-screen.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

"I'd be tempted to buy one of those chalices, if I had a use for it. Or a permanent place to keep it." As it is, Jack mostly uses her shapeshifting ability to sleep in forgotten attics and, in nice weather, in roof gardens. Flight is fun.

After the remark, Jack stands up and starts to change. She contracts, shrinking down from human-sized to jackdaw-sized, and feathers erupt across her body, bursting through the clothing which is changing with her. Her boots are absorbed into her flesh, and her feet splay out into the three-forward one-back configuration of a bird, and her arms flip backwards and change into wings. A beak emerges from her face, and her eyes move so they are on the sides of her head. Her eyes don't change; they stay the same piercing grey, though they may look brighter now they are surrounded by grey-black feathers rather than pale human skin. When the process is complete, and it's a silent one- no snapping bones or agonised wails- Jacqueline Door has transformed into a jackdaw. She tilts her head to look at Hidrus, and flaps onto the table.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Someone told me "Trog's" is a good place to start, so here's my intro.

The door opens forth as a man walks in, but this (like pretty much everyone else) is no ordinary man.

He wears a dark green robe and cowl, the cowl actually covers most of his face with the only feature outside is the red skin and toothy smile. He wears a chain shirt over his robe which clinks at every step. Six horns rip through the fabric of his cowl at the top of the man's head, each one lined like a ram's horns. Upon the belt of this man, though why he needed a belt in the first place is ludicrous he's wearing a robe, was a scabbard, and laying inside the scabbard is a sword with a great yellow cat's eye. The cat's eye dashes from person to person for each movement, deciding whether the action is intended for malice.

Howdy! I just traveled from the prime material plane and boy are my arms tired. You know, I thought that the Boneyard of Pharasma would look like, well, a graveyard not a bar. Wait, what is a wizard blizzard? That sounds great already, do you take Inner Sea money, or are you weird planer monstrosity that wants my voice or something? says Xavouir Markard as he makes his way to the bar
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel's drink arrives, she downs it, leaves money on the table and accompanies Fendrick.
    Gaelin too leaves to Outside
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

The Fellow currently standing near the bar as Xavouir is an odd one indeed. Taller than even an orc usually grows (about 7 feet/210 cm) and deep blue, he'd stand out like a sore thumb even if he wasn't also enormous by other definitions, with a huge, fat body and limbs that hide great amounts of muscle. Four hirsute arms extend from his simple jacket and two tails from his pants, the only two articles of clothing visible on him as he doesn't have a shirt on under the jacket. His pig-like face has an earnest, cheery expression that belies almost everything else about him.
    "They take everything, don'tcha worry about that." says the Nexus' only spigre genially.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Hidrus stare fascinated at the trasformation, and don't hide his surprise

"wow! you're incredible! i mean, it's a normal thing for you, and probably in this realm people an things like you are common, but still...
    and i thougt i was weird, whit my heaps of chalices and studies on destiny..."
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-04-17 at 05:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Drinking All the Drinks]

"Some books I read mention that dragons use a magic to have such offspring. Allowing their seed to take the human shape but gain Dragon powers after birth or later.
    " Mr.C replies. "I know there is a wide field off options, but that may be something to talk at another time." he says as the others come back.

"Welcome back."
    he greets them. "I hope you are all right."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

"Talking uncomfortable like this. Will change back." She flaps back onto the floor, and the transformation reverses. She grows in size, absorbing the feathers back into her skin which changes to a red chequered pattern before flapping out as her shirt, her wings bend and twist back into arms, her toes coalesce into a single foot, from which grows a steel toe-capped boot and her beak is sucked back into her face as her eyes re-position themselves into a human's binocular gaze. "People like me aren't that common. As I said, I'm probably the only shifter in the room. Even if others can change their shape, they probably aren't the same thing as me. I'm normal only in that I'm unusual." As the other bar's denizens can attest.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

"People like me aren't that common. As I said, I'm probably the only shifter in the room. Even if others can change their shape, they probably aren't the same thing as me. I'm normal only in that I'm unusual." As the other bar's denizens can attest.
    "yeah... but, i mean... it seems like hardly anyone noted you... and it seems like there are wizards in this room! i was very lucky to end up here. and to find someone, hum, nice as you. trolls are not very nice. actually, i'm usually less friendly than this, but i'm behaving because... well, because i thougt you wanted to trick me.
    anyhow, do you know some wizard? like, the one that just entered seems totally one, i mean, he even got a cowl!

Hidrus gestures torward the last arrived, whitout trying to hide it

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't know any wizards, I'm afraid. He could be one; why don't you go and ask? I've not actually been here that long." Jack's my newest character. She's a little puzzled by why Hidrus was behaving if he thought she was going to be tricky, before assigning it to differing cultures.

I also don't know, because I've not read the webcomic Hidrus is based on- I started Homestuck (I think that's right?) but couldn't get into it.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a wizard per say, I'm actually a bartender in my... uh... universe. I have studied the arcane though, but hang on a minute!
    I picked up a Plane Shift scroll, and I ended up here? What is here? Well, whatever "here" is I want my money back for the phony plane shift.
    I mean I've seen some weird stuff in my time being my sword's personal meat puppet, but this is... what is it Kitty? Oh I'm talking too much. Well some people might like the sound of my voice, has that ever crossed your mind? Well excuse me for not appealing to your vocal "delicacies", but I'm my own man! What do you mean i owe you twelve minutes? Wait, no. Yeah I guess that counts. Can't believe this.
    says Xavouir.

Xavouir looks around at the weird stares, and while he pulls thirty gold pieces from his pocket and slides it to the resident bartender, he says, Oh, I keep forgetting not all of you can hear her. This is Kitty, Xavouir gestures towards the sheathed scabbard, and she's the hero here, not me. I just carry her around with me, and when the fighting inevitably breaks out, she fights, I sit back and relax. Mentally speaking. It's complicated
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam snorts out a laugh, then looks extremely embarrassed.
    "I wish it worked that way. Steve generally just calls me fat when we fight. I think he thinks it's endearing." he says with a double-shrug.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

"I don't know any wizards, I'm afraid. He could be one; why don't you go and ask? I've not actually been here that long." Jack's my newest character. She's a little puzzled by why Hidrus was behaving if he thought she was going to be tricky, before assigning it to differing cultures.

I also don't know, because I've not read the webcomic Hidrus is based on- I started Homestuck (I think that's right?) but couldn't get into it.
    "uuh, fine, i'll go talk to him. he also seems to be in my same situation, so the help of someone with experience will be useful for him"
    He says, with a hint of superiority

(besides, yes, i based him on Homestuck, and he comes from a proud warrior race that among other things see the feeling of friendship as a disease)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

I could use someone to explain what's gone wrong with my plane shift, and WHERE MY WIZARD BLIZZARD IS! At first I just wanted one to see what it was, but now I just want to get hammered. What do mean I shouldn't get drunk on the job? There is no job! Unless there is a job I'm unaware of, in which case I'll take that job. says Xavouir.