New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Crowley's Kids [IC]

You grabbed what you could and ran. You heard your father fighting them, but soon, there were too many doors and walls between you and him. Soon enough, you were on the streets.

What are you going to do?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Crowley's Kids [IC]

Hannah shivers and pulls the hood up on her cloak. He'll be fine, he's always been fine, what danger could he really be in? Surely he just wanted us away so he didn't have to worry about us getting burned, right? Turning her head from any passersby, she quickly changes her hair brunette and removes some of her freckles. It wouldn't do have her go-to identity associated with her siblings just now.

Maybe we should head to an inn? Not one too close by in case daddy's attackers stumble in, but somewhere we can figure things out. Just until we get word that things are safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by krugaan
    All it takes is once:

"Grandpa, tells us that story about the Ricalison the Great again!"

Hours later...

"... and that, kids, is how he conquered the world with dancing lights."

3. - Top - End - #3

Yeah, and we should send word to those we trust asap. Sources that don't know what to look for, aren't useful at all. Abigail replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Gasping for breath, Valrei finally slows down to a stop. The sudden burst of running wasn't what was winding him, it was the suprise that perhaps Father wasn't as powerful as the tiefling had previously thought. He doubles over to sort his thoughts, quell the boiling anger that made him want to charge right back to the house. To grab the biggest weapon he could find and crack it over the skulls of the intruders.

Quote Originally Posted by RickAllison View Post
    Maybe we should head to an inn? Not one too close by in case daddy's attackers stumble in, but somewhere we can figure things out. Just until we get word that things are safe.
    "We should find something to protect ourselves with first. If Father's murderers are intent on destroying him,
    they might not be satisfied leaving us alive. I'd feel much better walking into an inn knowing I can fend off any would-be assassins."

5. - Top - End - #5

There is a bustling marketplace some five minutes away. While you won't be able to find EVERYTHING you need there, it will be a simple matter to get the basic equipment you need.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Note that any armor you pick up will be poorly fitted to start. You can adjust it over three short rests or one long rest, but until then, you'll have -2 to most physical checks. (-1 after two short rests.)

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Guys."

"Where's Rachael?"
    Last edited by Sans.; 2017-10-16 at 11:24 AM.
    Yes, it's impossible. Now shut up and do the impossible.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Rachael shows up rather suddenly, wearing a cloak with a deep hood and accompanied by one of the servants that worked in father's house. She spots the lot of you and makes her way over, careful to keep her face hidden when she can, and joins you. "Sorry for the delay,
    was looking into some things. I think it's best if we lay low for a bit, probably an inn or tavern or something. It'll be a roof over our heads and food to eat, and whatever rumors get spread about the results of the battle are sure to sweep through those kinds of places first, so we'll be sure to hear them."
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-10-16 at 03:42 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Oh, thank Asmodeus." sighs Celsus. "I thought you'd been lost or worse, like..."

9. - Top - End - #9

There's a large explosion from inside your manor. Part of the wall and ceiling bursts open, sending shrapnel flying high into the sky. People duck and cover, as do you, finding a quick spot of shelter to avoid it.

When it's over, no one appears injured, and no one from your family is injured for sure.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

I suggest we flee now, given that this is quite the believable moment to run. Hannah starts jogging towards the marketplace, hoping to grab an instrument or other equipment in the chaos.

11. - Top - End - #11

The market is some five minutes away, and likely away from the chaos. Snatching an instrument would be possible, but no easier than it would normally be.

As the debris settles, people begin looking around. "What was that?" "What happened?" "Is everyone okay?" people ask, to no one in particular.

You see a few of the guards-two, to be exact-looking at the mess. One of them cusses. The other says "Well, we gotta go investigate. You lot," he adds, gesturing towards your group to no one in particular. "Can one of you contact the guard barracks? Earl and I are going to investigate, but something like that... We might need backup."

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

I'll see if I can. Abigail replies trying to adopt a state of panic.

Spoiler: Deception
    Show

[roll]1d20+9[/roll]

Abigail is fuming at the merchant stall.

This leather is squishing my boobs. She says gesturing to her chest. And I'm pretty sure the tailor spent half her time groping instead of measuring. She comments now decked out in leather, with a rapier on her hip, and bow strapped on her back.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-10-16 at 04:25 PM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    The market is some five minutes away, and likely away from the chaos. Snatching an instrument would be possible, but no easier than it would normally be.

As the debris settles, people begin looking around. "What was that?" "What happened?" "Is everyone okay?" people ask, to no one in particular.

You see a few of the guards-two, to be exact-looking at the mess. One of them cusses. The other says "Well, we gotta go investigate. You lot," he adds, gesturing towards your group to no one in particular. "Can one of you contact the guard barracks? Earl and I are going to investigate, but something like that... We might need backup."
    "We'll do our duty, sirs," Rachael assures them, not specifying what she considers her duty.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I'll see if I can. Abigail replies trying to adopt a state of panic.

Spoiler: Deception
    Show

(1d20+9)[24]

Abigail is fuming at the merchant stall.

This leather is squishing my boobs. She says gesturing to her chest. And I'm pretty sure the tailor spent half her time groping instead of measuring. She comments now decked out in leather, with a rapier on her hip, and bow strapped on her back.
    "Look, you wanted toughened leather, it's what I have. Most of my customers aren't so... Chesty, as you are," the merchant says. "Look-if your promise to come back again, I'll give you a discount. Say... 10%?"

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "We'll do our duty, sirs," Rachael assures them, not specifying what she considers her duty.
    "Great-come on, Earl," the guardsman says, heading towards the manor.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Abigail warms up at the promise.

Thank you, that's very sweet of you. I promise to come back. She says turning up the charm.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a large explosion from inside your manor. Part of the wall and ceiling bursts open, sending shrapnel flying high into the sky. People duck and cover, as do you, finding a quick spot of shelter to avoid it.

When it's over, no one appears injured, and no one from your family is injured for sure.
    Valrei turns back when the explosion rings and rocks the streets. "Father..." he mumbles, amazed that the house he had grown up in, the impenetrable fortress he believed it to be, was destroyed so quickly. He sighs and moves towards the marketplace, seeking out a blacksmith with some sturdy blades and bludgeons. He looks for something he wouldn't be questioned too seriously about carrying on his person, and settles for a sturdy looking maul and some smaller knives, paying for and pocketing them quickly in order to keep up with his siblings.

He casts a wary eye as the guardsmen run off towards their house, not sure they will take the exact measures against the intruders that he was personally planning. Though knowing Rachael, she surely had a plan for what exactly to report to the barracks.

Spoiler: SHOPPING!
    Show
    Grabbing a Maul and 3 throwing knives (daggers)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Knowing that her siblings are not as likely to go alerting the guard, Hannah rushes to go tell the guards at the barracks the message. She takes care to alter her appearance under her cloak to that of a random servant, and hailed the guards at the outpost. A guard named Earl and his partner are requesting aid in investigating the quake!
    They went on ahead, but require backup.
    All it takes is once:

Hours later...

18. - Top - End - #18

"Quake?" a guard playing cards asks. "Is anyone hurt?"

A few more questions are asked, but soon enough, the guards are mobilized. A runner is sent to the main barracks, and the remainder head for the site of the incident.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

We should get an contact with daddy's employees. Abigail starts in a whisper.

They might be the first to hear of anything. We shouldn't stay in the area, we might be targets for the adventurers.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Hannah takes on the appearance of Earl's partner and tests the door when the guards depart. There may be some official missives that she could forge for later, or some useful items to grab.
    All it takes is once:

Hours later...

21. - Top - End - #21

Inside, the room is empty, save for a few swords propped against the wall, the furniture, and a deck of cards abandoned in the name of justice. There are a few doors leading back,likely to offices.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Inside, the room is empty, save for a few swords propped against the wall, the furniture, and a deck of cards abandoned in the name of justice. There are a few doors leading back,likely to offices.
    Hannah heads to the offices in the back, hoping for some useful intel. Or at least some seals and signatures...
    All it takes is once:

Hours later...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Celsus follows Hannah, hoping for something that he can apply his area of expertise to.

24. - Top - End - #24

Inside the office are several stacks of paper. A brief examination reveals nothing too important-routine matters, nothing of note.

However, a deeper inspection may yield some good results.

Show
    Investigate check, please. You may take 10 if you wish, or take 20-do note that if you take 20, it's going to take around 40 minutes. (2 minutes per check.)

Spoiler: Investigate DC 5
    Show
    Nothing of note was found.

Spoiler: DC 13
    Show
    There's a few orders to be on the watch out for a group of four armed people coming into the city-heroes, or so they're called, but dangerous people.

Spoiler: DC 17
    Show
    They apparently are armed with powerful magical items, though the exact nature is unknown.

In addition, you find a few useful badges and seals-could be good for impersonating a guard.

Spoiler: DC 20
    Show
    You spot an incomplete requisition form, that you can fill in to divert a shipment to one of your dad's employees. Get him some more wealth, get him to owe you a little.

Spoiler: DC 22
    Show
    You find complete files on the various adventurers. Will write them up if you roll this high.

Spoiler: DM Secret Roll
    Show
    (6d10)[41]

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Not eager to be waiting for his siblings to be captured inside a guardhouse, Valrei finds a spot on a wall to lean on opposite the entrance to the guardhouse. He turns his head occasionally, nonchalantly watching in case other guardsmen decide to come back. Hannah's disguises always creeped him out a little, but he didn't want them to be caught snooping. Especially not when the law might actually be on their side for at least a little while.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception just to watch out for any guards that might intrude on our rifling of papers. (1d20+2)[9]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Celsus! There is some information on daddy's attackers! Just four of them traveling as a group,
    well known to be dangerous and armed with magical items. There are also a few more items that could be useful in the future. We could requisition some supplies for one of our allies with this form, and Abigail and I can use these badges and seals for disguises and forgery. Abigail might be able to find something more, she was always better at this than I was.
    Hannah grabs the badges and seals and is ready to head out to market with Celsus if he doesn't want to keep searching. She fills out the requisition form to divert the shipment to Ganz, hoping that he could be of great help to them in the coming days. She also grabs a sword of the guard as well as any other identifying garb of the watch. The disguise may not be complete yet, but it can be finished at a later point. And it may not be the worst thing to have a sword handy...

Show
    Does the requisition form need to be filled out now, or can we fill it out when we are with everyone else?
    If it has to be filled out now, does Hannah or Celsus know offhand a good candidate for the aid? Is the requisition form something that could be forged for later use?
    Last edited by RickAllison; 2017-10-17 at 12:21 PM.
    All it takes is once:

Hours later...

27. - Top - End - #27

Abigail will give Rachael a kiss on the cheek. Come with me. She requests, before heading to the nearest inn.

Once there, she orders a non alcoholic drink and starts to schmooze, eager for info on the 4 people that invaded her home.

[Not sure what to roll here. Persuasion, A charisma investigation?]

28. - Top - End - #28

Show
    Charisma Investigation makes sense. Go ahead and roll that.

Abigail gets her drink, and begins performing a metaphorical call for attention. Many of the men in the inn perk up and answer it, coming her way and offering things, from a polite "Would you care for another drink?" to less polite and more crass offers.

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Abigail takes the drinks offered poiletly, and sips at some of them. At the more crass option she just smiles and bats her eyelids flirtatiously.

Spoiler: Investigation
    Show

Investigation (1d20+7)[8]

30. - Top - End - #30

While Abigail's allure is sufficient to get plenty of free drinks and male attention, she's unable to get any useful information. A few people mention seeing them and staying away from them, but nothing that's actually going to help you.

Show
    Show

Show