New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Echoes of the Past IC

After taking in the sights, Alara turn to her companions. "Alright, we're short on time, so how about this: Kira and Akkit, you go look for information about our destination. Dave and Azur, you'll come with me and we'll see if we can't find a speeder truck. Sounds good?"
    Last edited by Sriseru; 2017-07-22 at 06:30 AM.

"The desire to dream is primordial."
    Player Registry

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Something about the smell of Toydaria is far more comforting than the urban squalor of Nar Shadda. Dave can't put his finger on it.

When Alara suggest splitting up, Dave is torn for a moment. Part of him wants to stay near Kira and familiar authority, since he's still totally out of his league in a civilian city; but we need a speeder truck, and he's the obvious one to help Alara pick it. Plus, there's the obvious sense in sending the most skilled pilot off to get piloting data. Eventually, he gets to agreement. At least Kira knows the wierd little droid thing in a bag.

Turning to Alara, he says "I'm good with that. How about you do the talking?"
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-07-25 at 06:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Twi'lek gives Dave a playful grin. "That's the idea, darling.~"

Player Registry

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit gave a polite nod to the recommendation before it motioned for J2-3Z3 to follow along, saying in it's slightly monotonous tone "Let's start with the people running the rails and go from there, alright?" The jawa waited for any input to the contrary before it approached the nearest official-looking individual that seemed to be in charge of at least the rails and waited patiently before it looked up and spoke in basic "Hello, I was wondering if you could guide us wayward travelers to the nearest source of astronomical data for the area."
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

The Toydarian you speak to flaps it's wings impatiently as though offended to be asked a question outside his duties.

"Eh? Astro...? Why did your sheep not automatically download new charts from the local HoloNet?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    The Toydarian you speak to flaps it's wings impatiently as though offended to be asked a question outside his duties.

"Eh? Astro...? Why did your sheep not automatically download new charts from the local HoloNet?"
    Kira speaks, as evenly as she can, "We're not looking for the basic information on the HoloNet, but some relatively specific local knowledge. If you could point our way, we'd be quietly grateful." Kira's hand drifts down to her money pouch and pulls a corner of a fifty credit token clear, just enough to be seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20+3)[15] plus any modifier from the bribe. Kira will go up to 100 credits up front and an additional 100 if the info is good.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Come on, boys. Let's find what we need.~" Alara says, motioning Dave and Azur to follow.
    The Twi'lek then goes about asking around for someone who could potentially sell them a speeder truck.

Spoiler: Skill Rolls
    Show
    Gather Information check to locate someone who'll sell us a speeder truck: (1d20+11)[29]
    Time spent searching (1d6)[3] hours.

Player Registry

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Appleciders View Post
    Kira speaks, as evenly as she can, "We're not looking for the basic information on the HoloNet, but some relatively specific local knowledge. If you could point our way, we'd be quietly grateful." Kira's hand drifts down to her money pouch and pulls a corner of a fifty credit token clear, just enough to be seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion: [roll0] plus any modifier from the bribe. Kira will go up to 100 credits up front and an additional 100 if the info is good.
    "Well," the Toydarian says. "There may be somewhere I know of that might help. But... where was it again..."

He pulls his broad hat off his head so he can scratch his bare scalp. The hat seems to be at just the right height for Kira to slide the credits in without being too obvious. Once she does so the hat flips over back onto his head, and he holds up a finger.

"Ah, yes. There is an old hermit who lives out in the Western Bog. Crazy man. Has lots of computers, says something about charts never being right. But, so far, he cannot find anyone crazy enough to listen to him. You look crazy, so I tell you."

Quote Originally Posted by Sriseru View Post
    "Come on, boys. Let's find what we need.~" Alara says, motioning Dave and Azur to follow.
    The Twi'lek then goes about asking around for someone who could potentially sell them a speeder truck.

Spoiler: Skill Rolls
    Show
    Gather Information check to locate someone who'll sell us a speeder truck: [roll0]
    Time spent searching [roll1] hours.
    It doesn't take long before you come to a place that seems to sell speeders of all qualities. The sign, projected above the main entry of the place, is Darth Borba's Speeder Emporium.

No sooner do you enter the lot, than you are greeted by a Toydarian swooping down at you from nearby.

"Heya! How are you today? What are we in the market for today? I have a great range of family speeders in! Just arrived yesterday? No? Looking for swoops? Or bikes? We have a fantastic sports line."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit gave a polite nod and said in it's metallic tone "Thank you for your time, sir." He waited patiently for Kira to lead the way toward at least the Western Bog, seeing no reason to butt in further when she's doing a good job of negotiating with the natives.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    It doesn't take long before you come to a place that seems to sell speeders of all qualities. The sign, projected above the main entry of the place, is Darth Borba's Speeder Emporium.

No sooner do you enter the lot, than you are greeted by a Toydarian swooping down at you from nearby.

"Heya! How are you today? What are we in the market for today? I have a great range of family speeders in! Just arrived yesterday? No? Looking for swoops? Or bikes? We have a fantastic sports line."
    "Remember, let me do the talking," Alara whispers to her two companions.

"Hello, handsome!~" She address the Toydarian with an alluring smile. "Me and my friends are looking for a speeder truck. Do you think you could help us out?~"

Player Registry

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course! Of course. But why get just some old skiff? A delicate creature such as you would be much more satisfied with one of our luxury speeders. Why, I have a New Alderaanian 320 in stock. Every feature you could ever want, genuine nerf hide seats, full uplink to the public HoloNet, powerful as a rancor, but rides smoother than water in a vacuum."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    "Well," the Toydarian says. "There may be somewhere I know of that might help. But... where was it again..."

He pulls his broad hat off his head so he can scratch his bare scalp. The hat seems to be at just the right height for Kira to slide the credits in without being too obvious. Once she does so the hat flips over back onto his head, and he holds up a finger.

"Ah, yes. There is an old hermit who lives out in the Western Bog. Crazy man. Has lots of computers, says something about charts never being right. But, so far, he cannot find anyone crazy enough to listen to him. You look crazy, so I tell you."
    Thank you, my friend. We'll be on our way. Kira turns and leaves with Akkit.

Once they're clear, Kira turns again to Akkit. "Well, that went almost too smoothly. Anything you need in the marketplace before we go back? I'm thinking about a couple stun grenades myself, after that giant mess we dealt with last time."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Of course! Of course. But why get just some old skiff? A delicate creature such as you would be much more satisfied with one of our luxury speeders. Why, I have a New Alderaanian 320 in stock. Every feature you could ever want, genuine nerf hide seats, full uplink to the public HoloNet, powerful as a rancor, but rides smoother than water in a vacuum."
    Alara lets out a soft chuckle as she shift her weight a bit and place her hand on her hip. "As nice as that sounds, a luxury speeder is way out of my price range. What do you have that's affordable?"

Player Registry

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

"Well," the Toydarian begins.

"I got a nice range of mid-range speeders. Just over here."

He leads through his front end, filled with speeders boasting impressive price tags, and behind a main building that appears to be a maintenance bay. Here, a lone row of assorted skiffs and speeders await, none of them flashy, but they at least look dependable.

"So, what did you say you needed the speeder for again?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Appleciders View Post
    Thank you, my friend. We'll be on our way. Kira turns and leaves with Akkit.

Once they're clear, Kira turns again to Akkit. "Well, that went almost too smoothly. Anything you need in the marketplace before we go back? I'm thinking about a couple stun grenades myself, after that giant mess we dealt with last time."
    Akkit gave a shake of it's head and said "I've got a couple of ion grenades tucked away somewhere in case we run into some droids but otherwise I should be fine as long as J2-3Z3 here can patch us up in the middle of the fight." The jawa gave the droid an almost paternal pat, glad to have the machine around for emergencies.
    New job, who dis?

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Well," the Toydarian begins.

"I got a nice range of mid-range speeders. Just over here."

He leads through his front end, filled with speeders boasting impressive price tags, and behind a main building that appears to be a maintenance bay. Here, a lone row of assorted skiffs and speeders await, none of them flashy, but they at least look dependable.

"So, what did you say you needed the speeder for again?"
    Alara hugs Dave's upper arm and, with an alluring smile, looks at Trooper before turning her head back to the Toydarian and replying, "We're going to spend some time in the wilderness.~"

Player Registry

17. - Top - End - #287

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sriseru View Post
    Alara hugs Dave's upper arm and, with an alluring smile, looks at Trooper before turning her head back to the Toydarian and replying, "We're going to spend some time in the wilderness.~"
    Under his helmet, Dave is turning red with the effort of not offering helpful suggestions like "Yeah, so we're going to need to ensure it's rated for -40 to +50 degrees centigrade and can handle a lateral crosswind of up to 25 knots."

The net effect is detached silence...

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara leans up close to where Dave's ear would be if he hadn't worn a helmet and, maintaining her smile, whispers, "Walk with me and we'll take a closer look at these speeders. And if you want me to ask him anything, just whisper it to me."

Player Registry

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

The Toydarian seems to be caught completely off guard by this display of a Xeno practically embracing a Sith trooper.

But he shakes it off quickly and turns back to the vehicles.

"Here. All of them are flight capable, fully operational. They're all ready to fly right off the lot!"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #290

SamuraiGuy

Dave walks down the line, looking at what the Toydarian dealer has in stock. He has a few things in mind - small enough to fit in the cargo hold of their ship, robust enough to carry some cargo, and preferably without an altitude inhibitor so that he can pop it higher over the terrain to get a long view. It would be best if they could get enough passenger capacity to put everybody airborne in a pinch, but he may not be able to square that circle with the stocks on hand.

When he sees something he likes, he nods for permission, and then pokes around a bit with his tools, looking for any issues.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Looking for vehicles equivalent to the ones in the OOC post.

Perception roll for seeing stuff in the vicinity: (1d20+10)[24], or take 10 if total less than 20.

Using a straight-up mechanics roll for diagnostics: (1d20+8)[24]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Dave starts looking around for something that will be able to fit in their ship. Eventually, he narrows the choices down to two vehicles. Unfortunately, none of the vehicles meet all his criteria. But each of them fits most of them.

The Haytim 324, for example, will fit everyone (if a bit cramped) and has room for some cargo. But its repulsors are not powerful enough for it to do much beyond hover a scant half meter above the ground. Meanwile the Czerka Motorworks CR-54 has the repulsors to hop up to one kilometer, but it won't fit everyone, and has much less cargo room, unless you forfeit passenger space.

Each of them runs well enough, right now. But you are also savvy enough to realize that a used dealer is very, very clever about hiding faults until something is sold.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Walking with Dave, Alara watch as the Trooper poke around a few of the vehicles.

Once he has looked at all of them, the Twi'lek approach him and whispers, "Find anything we can use?"

Player Registry

23. - Top - End - #293

SamuraiGuy

"This one, the CR-54." Dave points it out to Alara and the merchant, after giving it a quick once-over with a flashlight. To Alara, he says: "We can move someone if they get hurt, we can take it over rough terrain, and we can use it to scout. Some of us will still have to hoof it, but this one is way more flexible. Hope it's not a lemon."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara turn to the merchant and, motioning to the vehicle, asks, "How much for this one?"

Player Registry

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

"I see you both have eyes for fine machines. This is one of the best vehicles I have available. We are asking top credit for this one, but I like you two. Such an odd couple deserves a good price. 13,000 credits."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara raise an eyebrow and takes a look at the speeder, before looking back at the Toydarian. "It's showing a lot of wear for something worth 13,000 credits. Tell you what, we'll give you 3,000 for it."

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show
    I'll use Knack to make two Persuasion rolls and take the better one.
    Persuasion (1d20+16)[28]
    Persuasion (1d20+16)[27]
    Oh, and I'm starting with a low bid because a)I have no idea how much the CR-54 is actually worth, and b)haggling is more fun when you RP it.

Player Registry

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

As if staggered, the Toydarian holds his hands over what you would assume to be his heart, and falters down a few centimeters to one side, just for show. "My dear, you wound me!" He flaps his wings, and regains his steady composure.

"But I like a woman of any species who knows when to make a good deal. Ten thousand, and this beauty is yours."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+15)[26]

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

With a playful grin, Alara place her hand on her hip and replies, "10,000? Don't be absurd! I'll give you 5000 credits for it, and you'll still make a good profit."

Player Registry

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you're right about needing to make a profit. I really can't go under ten."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara cross her arms and frowns, but finally relents, "Alright, ten it is."

She then grabs a credstick from underneath her vest, hands it to the Toydarian with a smile and says, "Pleasure doing business with you.~"

Player Registry