New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Echoes of the Past IC

The toydarian rubs his hands together as the deal is made. He takes the credstick and the gestures to the office.

"Lets step inside and take care of some paperwork."

A short time later, you all rendezvous back at your ship.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

When Alara and Dave show back up on their brand new used speeder, Dave, almost giddy with excitement, steps off. "Hey, look! Alara found us a speeder bike and nobody got shot!"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit stepped out of the ship after taking the opportunity to further organize the inner workings of it; he would know this ship like his old sandcrawler by the time they completed their work for the sith lady. He gave a polite nod and replied to Dave's excitement with a cool and somewhat distant "Good because we found someone who could possibly help us. Kira requisitioned some additional supplies for our trip into the swamp." He went over and began to idly investigate the speeder to see when he'd likely need to repair it while he waited for the group to be collectively ready for the next part.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    "Hey, look! Alara found us a speeder bike and nobody got shot!"
    "I'm still a bit bummed out," Alara grumbles with her arms crossed. "If that Toydarian hadn't been such a fine negotiator, I could've gotten us that speeder for way cheaper..."

Quote Originally Posted by Akkit
    "Good because we found someone who could possibly help us. Kira requisitioned some additional supplies for our trip into the swamp." He went over and began to idly investigate the speeder to see when he'd likely need to repair it while he waited for the group to be collectively ready for the next part.
    "I was about to suggest that you should give our new purchase a thorough look over - these used speeder salesmen are hardly trustworthy, and I'd hate for us to get stuck in the middle of nowhere if the thing break down," Alara says with a playful smile."And I think you can all agree when I say that it's probably for the best if we all accompany you to meet this mystery person - for all we know, it could just be another trap."

"The desire to dream is primordial."
    Player Registry

5. - Top - End - #305

SamuraiGuy

"We should probably check to see if we can get this ship clearance to travel down to the mad old hermit. The speeder won't hold everyone, and its probably easier than renting transport and guarding this thing."

In the meantime, Dave grabs his tools and works to help Akkit do a check and tune-up on the speeder.

Spoiler: Mechanics check to aid another
    Show
    (1d20+8)[12]

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forget the shopping-- I'd rather just get going. I'll help Akkit look the thing over, then we'll jet off into the swamp to have a look at the hermit guy.

7. - Top - End - #307

SamuraiGuy

Sounds like we agree then! You wanna take us out of here, ma'am?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

After a grueling ten minute conversation with the Toydarian traffic controllers, during which time Kira may or may not have threatened to bring in a detachment of stormtroopers in to ensure that future transactions with agents of the Empire go much more smoothly, she finally gets clearance for your ship to fly through the massive amounts of Toydarians and vehicle traffic.

Flying the incredibly narrow path cleared for your ship proves to be a challenge as at some times, because the flightpath at some points has only scant centimeters of room without running into a Toydarian.

But eventually, you clear the large bulk of traffic, and find yourselves flying out into a massive swamp that everyone seems to avoid at all costs.

Where you are going doesn't take much effort. You find a large clearing among the densely packed trees, where what is obviously an observatory lies.

Landing you ship, you disembark and find yourselves in a remarkably clean smelling location. But no sooner do you open your ramp, than a very old Toydarian comes limping out across the clearing from what looks like a hut in a small dome. He has an obviously damaged wing, which ends in a stump. Using his cane, he makes surprising good time toward you, and soon you hear him yelling.

"Hey, yous! What're you doin' out here!"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit poked its head out of the ship via the slowly opening access to the cargo bay, confirmed it was safe enough, and stepped out into the swamp proper. The jawa doesn't seem to mind the stench one bit as it calls out in clear, cool Common "Hail! We have reason to believe that you have an issue with the hyperspace routes and, more importantly, we have reason to believe that claim. Please, you don't have to rush yourself, we can close the distance as well if you would only allow us."
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara follow Akkit down into the swamp and, with a friendly grin, waves at the old Toydarian and says, "Hello, friend! Hope you don't mind some company!~"

Player Registry

11. - Top - End - #311

SamuraiGuy

Dave hangs back while the others negotiate for info. He takes an easy seat in the shade under the exit ramp to the ship, pulls out his electrobinoculars, and takes a routine look at their interlocutor and normal firing positions.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Just in case. As usual, taking 10 if roll is low. (1d20+10)[24]

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kira powers down the ship and hops out behind Alara. She'll unclip the holster on her blaster, but before she hops out, so as not to upset the old Toydarian.
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2017-09-21 at 02:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

"Ahhh." The Toydarian says intrigued. "So someone else is looking for the lost star."

He turns around and starts hobbling back inside.

"Come. Come. We will talk inside."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit for one isn't one to turn down an invitation and readily follows the toydarian inside. The jawa doesn't make any motions for a weapon or anything else it assumes would be hostile since if violence was necessary it had allies who could excel in that department.
    New job, who dis?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kira steps forward, then thinks better of it. "Dave, would you mind standing watch outside? It seems safe enough, but I don't want to push it."
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2017-09-15 at 07:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Appleciders View Post
    Kira steps forward, then thinks better of it. "Dave, would you mind standing watch outside? It seems safe enough, but I don't want to push it."
    "Roger, thinking the same thing."Dave relaxes under the nearest shade with a view of the approaches, pulls out his binos, and settles in for a wait. If there's one thing a long-range surveillance trooper can do, it's wait and watch.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    "Ahhh." The Toydarian says intrigued. "So someone else is looking for the lost star."

He turns around and starts hobbling back inside.

"Come. Come. We will talk inside."
    "You've caught on to us,~" Alara replies with a smile as she follows the old Toydarian inside. "Tell me, who else have asked about it?"

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show
    Persuasion check, if needed: (1d20+16)[24]

Player Registry

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

The inside of the hut... looks no better than the outside. But, at least it smells better. A little.

"No one." The Toydarian says with a slight groan as he settles into a well used chair in front of a massive array of computers and sensors. "No one cares to go into that sector of space. And no one seems to care that something there is disrupting the hyperspace lanes."

He punches up a chart showing astrometric data.

"See here?" He points to a spot showing gravimetric distortions.

"There is enough disruption and mass here for an entire star system, planets and all, but nothing is in the charts. But I have neither a ship to fly there, or the credits for anyone else to go there and find out if something is actually there."

The Toydarian begins coughing at this point, but he keeps going after he is finished.

"And no one else seems to care about it. As far as they are concerned, it's just the way it is."

He looks over to all of you.

"So, the question is, why are you interested in it?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit nods slightly and says "We believe you're right. It just so happens that we also have a ship that can get us there. Would you be willing to give us the data and we'll return with proof of your notion being correct?" Using his internal commlink he added to the party "Please shake your head or nod if you believe we could offer him a ride instead" without making a peep, providing some level of secrecy for the negotiations.
    Spoiler: Checks?
    Show
    Persuasion if it matters: (1d20+14)[17]
    Deception if it matters: (1d20+9)[18]

And super in case it matters for memorizing the keystrokes and coordinates to bypass the toydarian entirely, Use Computer: (1d20+9)[20]
    New job, who dis?

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Why are you interested in it?" Alara ask with a raised eyebrow. "After all, as you said, you have neither a ship nor any other means of travelling offworld, so why do you care?"

Show
    Persuasion check if needed: (1d20+16)[24]

Player Registry

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

"Because of the mystery, of course! It is so intriguing. Something should be there, but it isn't. Or is it, and just hidden? So many possibilities, and not enough credits to be able to learn."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kira hesitates, then speaks."My friend, we are ourselves in possession of a ship capable of this journey,
    and have some interest in investigating the anomaly. If you could contribute your complete maps and charts to the effort, we might be able to bring you with us to look around."
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2017-09-22 at 11:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

The old hermit looks at Kira, taking note of her uniform.

"I don't know. I've lived a long time without any dealings with the Sith, and I would like to keep it that way."

He hesitates a few moments before responding.

"What happens to me if I refuse to give you the information?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit looks between the group of aliens and one human before it gave a shrug. The jawa said in it's metallic voice "We would appreciate it if you'd reconsider. If you'd prefer then you can deal with me or my associate" with a wave to Alara "instead of our sith associates. Besides, when will you next get an opportunity to solve this mystery?"
    New job, who dis?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

After Akkit speaks, Kira follows as gently as she can. "Unfortunately, we do need this information. I can promise you that we won't hurt you, and that I offered to you to come along with us in good faith, as a compensation for the hard work you've already put in, and to see this through to the end. And if you prefer not to come along, we'll take the information and leave you in peace. And even if you resist us, we'll do our absolute best to leave you unharmed. I don't want to hurt anyone. But we're rather cornered ourselves, and I hope you'll see your way clear to helping us."

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara puts her arm around the hermit and speaks up, "It won't have to come to that, though. I don't know what you're worried about, but it seems to me like a clear choice - come with us and have the adventure of your life, something good to drink, a shower, and -and believe me, this is important- you finally get to solve the mystery of the lost star! So why not come with us, eh beautiful?~"

Show
    Again, a Persuasion check if needed: (1d20+16)[23]

Player Registry

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

The hermit bats Alara's arm off her shoulder.

"No. I won't go with anyone a part of the Sith."

He gives Alara a cautious look. "And you should be careful yourself. Sith can't be trusted. Even if they seem different from the face of the Empire. Make one wrong move, and they will get rid of you. Take the coordinates and go."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #328

SamuraiGuy

"And you should be careful yourself. Sith can't be trusted. Even if they seem different from the face of the Empire. Make one wrong move, and they will get rid of you. Take the coordinates and go."
    Dave shuffles in his spot a little bit when he hears the Toydarian's rant, mostly because he couldn't agree more. No way to say that, though, such that the other would believe him.

He rises, scans the horizon one last time with his electrobinoculars, and then waits for the rest of them.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

He gives Alara a cautious look. "And you should be careful yourself. Sith can't be trusted. Even if they seem different from the face of the Empire. Make one wrong move, and they will get rid of you. Take the coordinates and go."
    Kira looks pained. "Thank you for your help. I want you to understand that we wish you no ill, and I will still try to return knowledge of what we find to you."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GM

"Alright, fair enough," Alara replies while stepping back to give the Toydarian some space.

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    "Caution is my middle name,~" Alara remarks with a playful smile.

Once they've been handed the coordinates and leave, Alara looks back one last time at the hermit and says, "Stay safe, old man."

Player Registry