New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Echoes of the Past IC

"Thank you, madam." Alara bows as the Dark Lord takes her leave.

She turns to Azur. "Get Akkit." Alara then turns to Dave. "Get Kira. We need to talk."
    Last edited by Sriseru; 2017-04-22 at 02:10 PM.

"The desire to dream is primordial."
    Player Registry

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dave trundles up to the cockpit. "Sith lady just made us a job offer. Were you listening in on the intercom? Might be a chance to get a discharge..."

Dave gestures for Kira to accompany him to see the rest of the group.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh.

I'd take a discharge. My career has dead-ended, frankly, and I'm never going to be able to move above fighter jock. I'm through fighting the system. Time to get something for myself out of the work I do.

I'm in, if you guys are."

4. - Top - End - #154

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Appleciders View Post
    "... My career has dead-ended ..."
    "Huh. Career." Dave looks down at his stormtrooper armor as he turns and proceeds to the rendezvous. "Doesn't sound like m'lady knows about the battle we witnessed, or the Korut's Vengeance. Kira and I were sent to the starliner to find a smuggler. Maybe this one. Maybe you could sell her that. I'd take it - I'd take anything - if I don't have to do that stuff anymore."
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-04-25 at 08:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I actually don't think we have a lot of choice in this. For defying her we might end destroyed here and now. Sith lords tend to be fickle, or so stories go." says Azur, looking at the Imperial for confirmation on the matter.
    I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit for it's part remained in the engine bay, double checking the safety of the ship during the discussion. When it feels like things are settling down, the jawa calls out "If we're going to be moving then I'd like updated maps. I'm amazing but it's nearly impossible to plan a jump without updated hyperspace routes." Otherwise it stays where it is, prepared for the worst.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kira
    "Huh.

I'd take a discharge. My career has dead-ended, frankly, and I'm never going to be able to move above fighter jock. I'm through fighting the system. Time to get something for myself out of the work I do.

I'm in, if you guys are."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    "Huh. Career." Dave looks down at his stormtrooper armor as he turns and proceeds to the rendezvous. "Doesn't sound like m'lady knows about the battle we witnessed, or the Korut's Vengeance. Kira and I were sent to the starliner to find a smuggler. Maybe this one. Maybe you could sell her that. I'd take it - I'd take anything - if I don't have to do that stuff anymore."
    Alara gives Kira and Dave a nod. "I'll see what I can do." She thinks for a moment and then asks "Who was commanding the Korut's Vengeance, again?"

She waits for Kira or Dave to answer before turning to Azur.

Quote Originally Posted by Azur
    "I actually don't think we have a lot of choice in this. For defying her we might end destroyed here and now. Sith lords tend to be fickle, or so stories go." says Azur, looking at the Imperial for confirmation on the matter.
    "We most certainly do not have a choice, no, but I'd still like everyone to be on the same page. Besides," Alara gives them all a sly smile. "just because we are without choice doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to gain the most out of this situation."

"That said, I need to check with Akkit to see if he's as favorable to this offer as the rest of you."

With that, the Twi'lek jogs off to the engine bay and poke her head through the door. "Hey, Akkit! The Dark Lord of the Sith wants to finance us to go on an expedition. Are you game?"

Player Registry

8. - Top - End - #158

"Of course. Gain the most of this situation. It's the best we can do." says Azur

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sriseru View Post
    With that, the Twi'lek jogs off to the engine bay and poke her head through the door. "Hey, Akkit! The Dark Lord of the Sith wants to finance us to go on an expedition. Are you game?"
    Akkit gave a nod and said "A job is a job. It'd be nice to get on someone's good side outside of Tatooine. Did you need help writing up the terms or are we going to do that after we prove our worth?"
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

10. - Top - End - #160

SamuraiGuy

"Who was commanding the Korut's Vengeance, again?"
    "Darth Sela'at." Dave smiles when Alara mentions wanting to help, and mumbles something that might sound like thank you.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Akkit
    Akkit gave a nod and said "A job is a job. It'd be nice to get on someone's good side outside of Tatooine. Did you need help writing up the terms or are we going to do that after we prove our worth?"
    "It would probably be better to write up terms after we have proven ourselves. Glad to have you on the same page.~" Alara says before returning to the main room.

The Twi'lek clears her throat and address Eyana. "Let your master know that I am ready to discuss her offer further."

Player Registry

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Eyana simply nods and presses a button on the wrist of her armor.

Moments later, Selana strides in and stands near the docking collar, Eyana standing alert nearby.

"Have you come to a decision?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Certainly, madam." Alara responds with a bow. "My associates and I have all agreed to accept your generous offer. However, I would humbly request that those of us who were until recently part of the Imperial military be discharged, if that would be agreeable to you. Assuming that you wish to keep this expedition secret, I think you would agree that our capacity to serve you, o Dark Lord of the Sith, would improve greatly if there no longer was any risk of, say, encountering a subordinate of yours who could take command of them."

"Speaking of which, we do have some valuable information regarding said subordinates that we'd be willing to share with you in exchange for a modest sum of credits."

Player Registry

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

"Certainly, madam." Alara responds with a bow. "My associates and I have all agreed to accept your generous offer. However, I would humbly request that those of us who were until recently part of the Imperial military be discharged, if that would be agreeable to you. Assuming that you wish to keep this expedition secret, I think you would agree that our capacity to serve you, o Dark Lord of the Sith, would improve greatly if there no longer was any risk of, say, encountering a subordinate of yours who could take command of them."

"Speaking of which, we do have some valuable information regarding said subordinates that we'd be willing to share with you in exchange for a modest sum of credits."
    "No, that won't do. I much prefer to have those here whose loyalty is owed the Empire. Though I can arrange for them to be given a special clearance that places them firmly under my command."

"And as to this information you have, I should like to hear it before assigning it any value. After all, it would do me no good to pay you thousands of credits for what I would already know."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Special clearance of that nature for the both of them would certainly suffice."

"As for the information." Alara clears her throat. "My two Imperial associates, who served Darth Sela'at aboard the Korut's Vengeance, were sent along with numerous other Troopers to the Variseel Starliner to find a smuggler - possibly the former owner of this vessel. However, during this search a second Star Destroyer arrived and attacked the Vengeance. We do not know which side it was, but one of them were intent on destroying the Variseel. We found the Bothan who worked for you outside of this ship, shot to death by Troopers. Before we jumped into hyperspace, we witnessed the destruction of one of the Star Destroyers, but we know not if it was the Korut's Vengeance or its opponent."

Player Registry

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

If Selana is surprised by this news, it does not show on her face.

"Interesting. Though I do not think that Sela'at was after the same things as I, the fact that he so nearly did is troubling indeed. And yet you do not know who the aggressor was or what became of either vessel. Yes, that will be worth some small compensation, I suppose. But now, we move on to more pressing issues."

Selana moves to the holoemitter in the center of the room, and inserts a datacard into the reader. Immediately, the image of a planet appears.

"This is Xua Hen. The planet does not appear in any star chart, because it has been erased from nearly every record. This world was the home of an ancient sect of Force users. I want you to find any of their texts or artifacts and bring them to me."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    "Interesting. Though I do not think that Sela'at was after the same things as I, the fact that he so nearly did is troubling indeed. And yet you do not know who the aggressor was or what became of either vessel. Yes, that will be worth some small compensation, I suppose. But now, we move on to more pressing issues."
    "Of course.~"

"This is Xua Hen. The planet does not appear in any star chart, because it has been erased from nearly every record. This world was the home of an ancient sect of Force users. I want you to find any of their texts or artifacts and bring them to me."
    Alara looks thoughtfully at the holographic image of the planet and asks "Have you been able to ascertain its location, madam? Or will that be part of our mission?"

Player Registry

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Selana reaches out to the hologram, as though she could reach out and pluck the planet from its place in the heavens.

"I have gathered a few pieces of data here and there. Whoever erased this planet from galactic lore did a very thorough job of it. But they did not get everything. I have the sector and parsec for the system, but not its exact location. But it shouldn't be too hard to find."

With her other hand, she reached beneath her robes, and withdrew a credstick. "The card in your holoprojector has everything I know of the planet. This credstick is programmed for ten thousand credits. I trust that will suffice for up front costs?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I have gathered a few pieces of data here and there. Whoever erased this planet from galactic lore did a very thorough job of it. But they did not get everything. I have the sector and parsec for the system, but not its exact location. But it shouldn't be too hard to find."
    Alara nods. "That surely provides a good place to start."

With her other hand, she reached beneath her robes, and withdrew a credstick. "The card in your holoprojector has everything I know of the planet. This credstick is programmed for ten thousand credits. I trust that will suffice for up front costs?"
    "That will certainly suffice for the expedition." The Twi'lek gives the Dark Lord a sly smile. "And what of our compensation for providing you with information regarding the Korut's Vengeance?~"

Player Registry

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

"Credits? Or information?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I prefer credits.~" Alara replies.

Player Registry

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"And you're worth every decicredit, I'm sure," Selena says. She motions for Eyana to move to her, and the trooper does without hesitation, pulling several credsticks from a belt pouch. Selana looks them over, keeps several and places the rest back in Eyana's hand.

Placing the sticks down on the emitter's outer ring, Selana lays them out next to each other, pushing them forward one at a time to explain the value of each.

"Ten thousand for taking my little task."

She pushes the second credstick forward. "Twenty-five hundred for your information about the recent space battle."

And she pushes the third stick toward Alara. "Five thousand as a pay advance for your Imperial crew members now under my command."

The last stick she leaves a finger one as she slides it forward. "And another ten thousand credits if you agree to two small additional terms."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara has to resist the urge to drool as Selena push each credstick forward.

"Ten thousand for taking my little task."
    "Of course.~"

She pushes the second credstick forward. "Twenty-five hundred for your information about the recent space battle."
    The Twi'lek nods in approval.

And she pushes the third stick toward Alara. "Five thousand as a pay advance for your Imperial crew members now under my command."
    She nods again.

The last stick she leaves a finger one as she slides it forward. "And another ten thousand credits if you agree to two small additional terms."
    "And those are?~" Alara asks with a playful expectancy.

Player Registry

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

"This expedition you are undertaking for me. I take my research into the Force very seriously. Not all of my peers do, but there are one or two who have some... fervor... in this regard. As such, the first condition I have is total secrecy. My trooper, here," Selana looks over at Dave at this point, "Can be ordered to keep these to himself, and I can trust that he will. As for you, I will be willing to take your word, and offer you an additional fee to ensure your confidentiality in this regard."

"The second condition is this. And this one will likely be the most confusing for you to understand. If my assumptions are correct, you will be finding documents referring to an ancient sect of Force users known as the Jedi. Their teachings, while useful to scholars of the Force, will instill madness and insanity in those know nothing of the Force. My second condition is that when you locate these records and teachings that you do not read any of them to verify their authenticity. I can do that on my own, but I would like you intact for... other... uses. Do not read anything you find there. Do you understand?"

Selana locks gazes with Alara, and an eyebrow slowly lifts over one perfect blue eye.

"Do you agree?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alara meets the Dark Lord's gaze with a confident smile.

"My associates and I agree to those terms.~" She responds so quickly that it doesn't seem like she has bothered to really think it through.

Player Registry

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

"Excellent," the Sith Lord says as she releases her hold on the credstick. She then turns to leave, her robe billowing slightly as she departs.

Eyana steps over to Alara as drops a datapad on the table. It settles with a clatter as the image is disrupted by the interference with the emitter. Then she speaks with a heavy Core accent.

"This is the frequency my Lady will have you contact her on. She will expect timely reports on your progress. You have 10 standard days to prepare for your voyage."

At this point, Eyana leans down and glowers at the Twi'lek. "And if you think about taking my mistress's money and vanishing... You will find how effective a hunter I am. After that..."

The woman grins darkly as she finishes her sentence. "After that, you will find out from where my mistress truly derives her pleasure."

Eyana's boots thump on the floor plates as she marches from your ship.

As she departs, both hatches close behind her, and you hear the hissing of the docking collar releasing.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Excellent," the Sith Lord says as she releases her hold on the credstick. She then turns to leave, her robe billowing slightly as she departs.
    Alara gives Selana a bow as she leaves.

Eyana steps over to Alara as drops a datapad on the table. It settles with a clatter as the image is disrupted by the interference with the emitter. Then she speaks with a heavy Core accent.

"This is the frequency my Lady will have you contact her on. She will expect timely reports on your progress. You have 10 standard days to prepare for your voyage."
    "That will not be a problem." The Twi'lek responds with her utmost confidence.

At this point, Eyana leans down and glowers at the Twi'lek. "And if you think about taking my mistress's money and vanishing... You will find how effective a hunter I am. After that..."
    Alara rolls her eyes while Eyana delivers her threat.

The woman grins darkly as she finishes her sentence. "After that, you will find out from where my mistress truly derives her pleasure."
    The Twi'lek bites her lower lip and gives the woman a disturbingly perverted grin. "Oh, I'm sure I will, darling.~"

Once they have departed, Alara turns to those present and says. "Well, I didn't manage to get you-" she looks at Dave. "-or Kira discharged, but you two did basically get promoted, and we now have a ton of credits!~"

Player Registry

28. - Top - End - #178

SamuraiGuy

Once they have departed, Alara turns to those present and says. "Well, I didn't manage to get you-" she looks at Dave. "-or Kira discharged, but you two did basically get promoted, and we now have a ton of credits!~"
    "Hey, Kira! We're clear now!"

Dave waits a minute to let Kira come back in, then addresses his thoughts. "Thanks for that, Alara. Got another year of life, and who knows, the horse might sing." Dave's also can't help but think that there's now only two living people connecting him to the imperial service. Best not to think about the number of dead ones...

"We probably need to stop somewhere to get outfitted for an expedition, and we'll definitely need to drop Asuna here off. I don't need too much stuff, but we'll probably need some substantial kit for the team. Is Nar Shadda the right way?"

29. - Top - End - #179

"Maybe upgrade the ship or even change it for something more inconspicuous and adapted for our group." says Azur "How much did we get?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Thanks for that, Alara. Got another year of life, and who knows, the horse might sing."
    "I did what I could.~" Alara says while taking a theatrical bow.

"We probably need to stop somewhere to get outfitted for an expedition, and we'll definitely need to drop Asuna here off. I don't need too much stuff, but we'll probably need some substantial kit for the team. Is Nar Shadda the right way?"
    "Oh we're going to need some supplies and some new clothes. I don't know about you guys, but one pair of clothes is definitely not cutting it for me." She chuckles. "Not sure what world is on the way, but we definitely need to go shopping!~"

Quote Originally Posted by Azur
    "Maybe upgrade the ship or even change it for something more inconspicuous and adapted for our group." says Azur "How much did we get?"
    "Eh, this ship's probably fine," Alara shrugs. "And we got twenty-two thousand five hundred credits. Kira and Dave-" She turns to both of them. "The Sith Lady gave you two an additional five thousand for your new position. Split that between you however you want." She explains and hands Kira the credstick containing that amount.
    Last edited by Sriseru; 2017-05-02 at 02:44 PM.

Player Registry