New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Echoes of the Past IC

Azur grits his teeth, as the waves of blue energy, pass his body. Luckily his body is somewhat used to stun in his arena fights and he screams and charges one of the assailants, ax striking in a wide arc.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Two swifts: 2 towards recovery
    Standard: Charge Attack (1d20+8)[14] damage (2d10+9)[21]

He charges one of the attackers that's still up (he is last in the heroes initiative). The boss first, grenadier second. Other one third.
    I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

The thugs continue to fire, but before he can grab his rifle and fire, Kira takes the thug who threw the grenade down with a bolt just above the Twi'lek's heart. But there are still four thugs firing. Three of them, realizing they may have a better chance at taking the stormtrooper down if they work together, begin concentrating their fire at the trooper. Two of them miss their target, but one of them manages to get a decent shot that gets through Dave's armor just enough to cause a nasty reaction with his nervous system.

This has the effect of causing Dave's barrage of bolts to go wide, not only missing the scurrilous gentleman he was aiming for, but the crowd in general as well.

Azur meanwhile, realizing that an enemy with a rifle isn't going to charge at a man with an axe, charges toward the nearest thug, axe raised high. But with a deft sidestep, the wild swing goes wide.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dave centers, despite the arc of twitching pain up his right side and the annoying coppery taste that stun bolts always put in the back of his mouth. He lines up on the villain standing behind a bystander, and in the pause after one of his shouts he squeezes off another stun bolt. "Drop your weapons and surrender! This isn't worth your lives!" is his constant refrain.

At least while they're shooting at him the rest of his crew can keep at work.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Did not see any action for the boss. Assuming he is keeping cover behind a bystander.

Free action: Speak
    Swift action: Swift action to aim.
    Move action: Swift action to aim.
    Standard action: Shoot the guy again with a stun bolt.

Attack roll is 1d20+5 (base)+1(point blank)-2(condition track): (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage roll is 3d12+2: (3d12+2)[8]

EDIT: The 13 actually has a good chance to hit, since the boss is at -5 to reflex defense. HOWEVER, that is the most pathetic damage roll off 3D12 I've ever seen.
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-06-10 at 12:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit took several deep breaths in before it gripped it's pistol. It was likely a terrible idea but still the jawa decided to loose another blue bolt at the thug Azur was going to potentially hack to bits. The bystanders would hopefully be safe as they scattered, a silent thanks that the thugs didn't want collateral damage.

Show
    Swift, Move: Recover 3/3, move up to only -2!
    Standard: Shoot Thug 3 with Pistol still on Stun.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[17] (included the -2 already)
    Damage: (4d6)[13]
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pleased at finally hitting a target, Kira takes aim at another attacker targeting Dave (whoever's closest) and blasts away.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Dang!" Azur exclaims as he takes another breath and swings his axe again!

Show

Swift: recover (only -1 on the track now)
    Swift recover 1/3
    Standard: attack (1d20+5)[23] damage (2d10+8)[15]

I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Kira, her aim not affected by arcing pules of energy shooting through her body, catches another thug in the gut, dropping him.

Dave continues to fire after the gentleman, who, after a blue bolt of energy arcs just over his body as he stumbles over one of the bystanders in his way, continues to run away down the street, but this time, he whirls around in the middle of his run, and shoots a bolt of stunning blue energy toward the stormtrooper, but the shot merely sizzles against his armor before grounding out. But more curious is that he only fired with one of the two blasters he now has in his hands.

Akkit fires at one of the thugs, but his blaster seems to be merely inconvenient to the thug he fires at, as the bolt hits the thug, but seems to do little.

Azur has finally had it with these idiots, and with a mighty swing, cleaves the guy in front of him in half. Almost. It's like he has a meat hinge, just over his hips.

The thugs who are left, seem to be getting the idea that this is not the way things were supposed to go down, and they start backing away from the group of people they were supposed to be easily handling with the latest in stun tech.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kira continues to follow Dave. She'll cover his back, shooting back at any remaining thugs who don't run away. Thugs who run away get to live; there's no reason to pursue them. If there are no remaining thugs who don't run (and aren't already engaged by Azur), Kira will shoot at The Gentleman.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit for it's part felt that it had one last chance to get the gentleman before he ran away too far. The jawa lined up it's pistol and pulled the trigger, loosing another blue bolt.

Show
    2 Swifts: Either Aim if the Gentleman has cover or Recover some more.
    Standard: Attack Gentleman while he's at the edge of Point Blank.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Damage: (4d6)[18]
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Dave and Kira continue to advance, firing after the now retreating thugs, but their shots go far off course.

Azur charges down the street, his axe coming down with a mighty chop that cuts into the shoulder of the thug nearest to him.

The thugs, seeing their boss running, turn and do the same, hoping they can escape before their boss disappears.

Meanwhile, the gentleman turns his head to Dave.

"Well, looks like this is my cue to leave. I'll see you again, you can count on that."

And with that, he leaps over the edge of the street beyond.

Dave and Kira, reaching the edge, see no trace of the gentleman.

Show
    Combat is over. 500 XP for everyone.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2017-06-23 at 09:23 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #251

SamuraiGuy

As the guy jumps away, Dave can't help but interject "But you never said what your business deal was!!!"

Once he's satisfied the idiot is gone for the moment, he rushes back to the group and nods to Azur - "I'll make a stretcher and we can carry Alara out of here." He then nods to Akkit - "you wanna see if they have anything? Could definitely use some of those stun grenades."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit gave a nod as it returned the pistol to it's chest cavity for safe keeping before it went through the downed thug's gear. After the first one the jawa called out in it's somewhat dead voice "Does anyone have any restraints so we can talk to whichever one wakes up first? Maybe they know what the business deal was."
    New job, who dis?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Before Dave starts making a stretcher, a soft groan can be heard from Alara.

"Uuugh... What happened? Did we win?" The Twi'lek asks groggily, and then glance over at the thug who have been nearly cut in half. "... I'm going to assume that we did."

Next, Alara makes an effort to get back on her feet, but she's having trouble keeping her balance.
    "I need a drink," she mutters while rubbing her forehead.

"The desire to dream is primordial."
    Player Registry

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll tell you what happened," says an old Twi'lek with only one lekku.

"You managed to get out from out the thumb of the Syndicate. You want to get out of this without blasting your way off planet, you'd best be hitting sky before too long."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Galactic Lore, or Social Sciences) to know about the Syndicate.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit pauses after looting the last body of anything besides the clothes on the thug's back, double checking that the poor fool is indeed dead, before it looks up at the passerby. The jawa searches it's fleshy mind for past deals and finds it only vaguely recalls his family dealing with them in the past. It straightens up and looks up at the twilek, saying in its most business-like tone "I'm sorry, sir. We meant no problem with the less reputable sorts here. The gentleman that led us here told us he had a vehicle to sell and unfortunately it went south, as you can tell. Is there a chance you can offer us some aid so we can get off the planet faster?"

Spoiler: Check
    Show
    Galactic Lore: (1d20+7)[12]
    Because I'm going to anyway, Persuasion: (1d20+12)[17]

Didn't realize I didn't fix the condition track, +2 to the both of those even though I doubt it matters much.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2017-06-30 at 02:19 PM.
    New job, who dis?

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"Mucha'ta ne gombeli nic lekku lix. Velitu rin micto letta."

Spoiler: If you understand Ryl.
    Show
    I already lost one lekku to them. I will not lose my other.

The man walks off, stopping to check a few of the other bodies laying in the street as he went.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sriseru View Post
    "I need a drink," she mutters while rubbing her forehead.
    "We'll get you one, or four. I'm buying if you can get out of here under your own power.

I don't know much about the Syndicate here, but I know the type. We better clear out of our friendly hiding spot fast if we don't want to bring terrible down on their heads."

18. - Top - End - #258

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Appleciders View Post
    "We'll get you one, or four. I'm buying if you can get out of here under your own power.

I don't know much about the Syndicate here, but I know the type. We better clear out of our friendly hiding spot fast if we don't want to bring terrible down on their heads."
    "Yeah, I agree. I want to pay that guy's shop a visit on the way out, while he's still laying low, though."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

When you arrive at the place you met the businessman, the "store" is emptied out, and you see that it was nothing more than a doorway with no space behind it.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kira

"I'm gonna take you up on that," Alara says with a grin. "The Syndicate, huh? Sounds familiar... I think... I can't quite place it, though."

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    When you arrive at the place you met the businessman, the "store" is emptied out, and you see that it was nothing more than a doorway with no space behind it.
    "Well, that's hardly surprising," the pink Twi'lek says with a shrug. "Perhaps we should return to the garage?"

Player Registry

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit gave a nod and said "Let's get a hyperspace route somewhere safer, maybe closer to our eventual destination. Or more civilized, at least." More as an afterthought than anything he added "We can use the credits we got to pay for the docking fee with the excess, if any, going for the trouble we caused."
    New job, who dis?

22. - Top - End - #262

SamuraiGuy

"Concur. Lets get out of here with what we got."

Dave returns with the group.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK. Let's go.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Your departure from Nar Shadda is smooth. No one tries to stop you and you soon find yourselves in Hyperspace.

A car turns off the skyway, and lands inside a building.

A man with an odd hat gets out of the car and enters the building, the two men guarding the door, accompanying him deeper into the structure. He navigates a labyrinth of corridors that would shame a droid with its impeccable logic.
    With a wave, the man waves off his guards, and with one hand, knocks slowly and clearly three times on a large door before him.

Inside, the room is well lit, and warmly decorated with treasures and finery from across the entire galaxy. Valstel hide furniture. Tapestries woven from the silken threads of ancient, long-dead races. An ancient vibroblade, supposedly from the first war that ever saw their use as a primary weapon of the combatants. Ancient dueling pistols. All of it precious, all of it carefully chosen for its display to the observer.

And right now, the images and symbolism of the entire room is a demonstration of place. Of one's place in not only the galaxy, but of the order to which he belongs.

"Well, Chembly? Is it done?"

"Yeah," the man in the hat replied. "We managed to hold them. And Kaltor says we got what we needed from the family."

"Good. We know where they are going?"

"I will send a team out to make sure we get what it is they're after."

"Good. I've worked hard to make sure that the Syndicate was the real power in the Galaxy. I am not going to lose in my efforts to some upstart Sith Lord. Send two teams. I will brook no failure this time."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #265

SamuraiGuy

Dave seethes a bit as they load their stuff onto their ship. To an external observer, this involves him looking basically the same as normal, but emanating even more nervous energy and occasionally muttering to himself.

It's such a nice ship, he wishes it had a name. But he's too mad at himself to think about that. Three missed shots. Three. At freaking reach-out-and-touch-him range. And now they have to leave this place in a godawful hurry, because of a pile of dead vermin in a city street. A pile he could've avoided if he'd seen the ambush coming. That idiot in the hat hadn't helped - worst way in the world to try and talk to someone is to corner them and scare them.

But this leaves little for Dave to chew on, as he mutters insults about himself under his breath and patiently heaves the equipment into the ship. Doesn't take much, with the repulsor hitches. When he gets back into the ship, he signals to Kira in the cockpit "all of our stuff's on. Good to go here."

Later, when they have time to talk as a group, Dave starts with an awkward "sorry guys, didn't mean to get us shot. Didn't think he'd pick a fight in a street. Crazy. Glad we made it OK."

After a while, he asks...
    "So, I guess we know sector and parsec. How do we track it down closer? I'll also show you how to use all this camping stuff too."
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-07-10 at 06:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Akkit made sure that J2-3Z3 was safely on the ship before it retired to the engine bay and made itself comfortable. There wasn't much the Jawa could do in the situation, after all, and instead focused on learning about the vehicle they found themselves on. Anything mechanical related was examined when it had the chance, going so far as to examine where wires run so that if it ever came up the jawa would know what to cut or what to solder to fix what. Eventually discussion came up and the jawa said "We should find the nearest major planet and search the information on the sector. If everything is truly gone then we should focus on that black spot in the records. If something exists then we can jump there instead."
    New job, who dis?

27. - Top - End - #267

SamuraiGuy

"That sounds like a plan. Maybe they can try to sell us a speeder truck too, without trying to stun and rob us."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Once they had returned to the ship, Alara took the first chance she got to change out of her dirty old clothes, and putting on the everyday outfit she had bought. A navy blue midriff shirt and black trousers, both were form-fitting and quite stylish, but also very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Later, when they have time to talk as a group, Dave starts with an awkward "sorry guys, didn't mean to get us shot. Didn't think he'd pick a fight in a street. Crazy. Glad we made it OK."
    Sitting cross-legged and leaning back on her chair, Alara frowned. "Next time, let us know before you go and do something stupid like that. They had us surrounded, and if they hadn't been using stunners, I probably wouldn't be here."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    After a while, he asks... "So, I guess we know sector and parsec. How do we track it down closer? I'll also show you how to use all this camping stuff too."
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkit
    "We should find the nearest major planet and search the information on the sector. If everything is truly gone then we should focus on that black spot in the records. If something exists then we can jump there instead."
    Alara gave the cyborg Jawa a supportive smile. "That sounds like an excellent plan, Akkit."
    Last edited by Sriseru; 2017-07-12 at 11:58 AM.

Player Registry

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

I agree with Akkit. Let's drop in on Toydaria.
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2017-07-15 at 08:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Toydaria is a planet that smells. Not quite as bad as Nar Shadda, but still. Pretty bad. Although, once you consider that most of the planet is swamp and marsh, you realize it isn't that bad.

You were directed to land on a platform in the middle atmosphere, and directed to take a light rail the rest of the way to the surface. It is shortly after your ride begins that you see why. Toydarians are flying everywhere. If you had been in your ship, you would have been hard pressed to navigate them without committing mass murder.

Once your rail ride ends, and you are in Toydor proper, the smell increases tenfold. But for all that, the city seems like most others in the galaxy. Bustling with activity, and with a few well armed Sith patrols staying close enough to their own rails that they can make a hasty escape in the unlikely event that someone should assault them.

Hawkers call out their wares, and a few of the non Toydarians about seem to be buying.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!