New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Dueling Arena

As the clerics healed Tadrith in the arena, another group of clerics healed Evergreen in the royal seats.

"Is Evergreen ready?!" Ignatius boomed.

Once both were healthy and conscious, he motions for Evergreen to come down. Once Evergreen and Tadith reunited with him and Umbear by the pool, he continued.

"Let's hear it for Umbear and Evergreen and Tadrith!" Ignatius said, rallying the crowd. "Take your bows." He whispered to Umbear and Evergreen

"Good peoples of Juvelnord and other lands, thank you for coming to support our heroes today! You saw a rare slight of the wardings at work. Proof of how serious we are about the safety of our heroes. Fault them not for cutting loose because this event is completely for going... all... OUT! And go all out they did. Whether it was, Evergreen's Clashing Boulders or Umbear's Negative Energy Ray, we saw powerful techniques here today! Friends, let's hear it for Evergreen!" Ignatius paused for the crowd and they cheered and roared in excitement. "Once again, give it up for our winner, Umbear!" The crowd applauded and cheered a just as they did for Evergreen. "Say some words if you got any. Play on the favor you gained." Ignatius whispered in a deep growl.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-03-28 at 03:14 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear gestures toward evergreen.

" I would like to say first, had she faced anyone but me in this match, she would have won with her tactics, I only survived her initial onslaught because of my unique abilities. And I want it known that her skills are not to be under estimated. "

He attempts to shake her hand, if she let's him.

"You fought with cunning evergreen"

He turns back to the crowd.

" I am not sure what to say to a crowd of people that don't have torches and pitchforks, but thank you for your support. If you return to watch more of my matches. I guarantee a show unlike you've ever seen. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Evergreen reached up to shake Umbear's hand, the size difference between gnome and ogre almost comical. She smiled at him.
    "You fought well, and the crowd seemed to like you," she commented quietly.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ignatius lead Umbear and Evergreen to the pit. "I think, you came out of that disaster looking good, orge. He grinned to Umbear. "And you, Evergreen, are pretty scrappy in a fight. Should war ever come to Juvelnord, I would love to fight with you!" He gave a hearty laugh.

"Anyway dudes, your fans await. Give them a second of your time, but not a second more or you'll be here all day. Before that, turn in your tournament issue gear and collect your things. Umbear, be sure you get healed too. Other than that, you are free to go. Enjoy the festival and watch me referee the next pair of knuckleheads. Late." He explained in a medium growl.

Umbear and Evergreen are leaving the dueling arena at 10:50 am. They are free to spent the rest of the day however.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-03-28 at 04:31 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Evergreen smiled at Ignatius. "I will always protect the Grove when they need me. Sacred duty and all that."
    Evergreen stood at the entrance to the dueling arena to shake hands with those who favored her before heading back down to the pit.
    The gnome got help from the aides to remove the tourney gear and reclaim her own belongings. Then she helped remove Tadrith's borrowed gear. She pulled herself up onto his back.
    "Come on, Tadrith, let's go get some lunch and have a nice grooming session at a bath house. We both need it after all that," she said, patting the griffon's shoulder.
    "Good luck, Umbear!" the gnome said over her shoulder as she rode away on her monstrous mount.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-03-28 at 04:36 PM.
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn walks into the pit, once her eyes get adjusted to the light change, looks around at all the items present, some she recognized, others not so much. Jaylyn looking at Droktoktor and says "You may have the honor of first pick."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

If that is what the lady wishes than it shall be so.

Droktoktor and Jaylyn then grabbed the gear they wanted piece by piece.

When Droktoktor had the pieces we had wanted he started getting ready for the fight.
    Last edited by Milosh13; 2017-03-29 at 05:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

After selecting the items Jaylyn wanted, she put everything on feeling the effects of each item. Then looked over at Droktoktor and giggled before saying, "I'm sure glad we're not having a contest of fashion, cause good grief I feel silly."

Then taking a more serious tone, "Well are you ready? Cause I'm as ready as I'll ever be."
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-03-29 at 05:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor looked at Jaylyn and responded, I suppose we should get this show on the road.

He then moved with Jaylyn to the entrance to the arena.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ignatius stomped into the pit with a glass of some sort of reddish potion that smelt strongly of honey and lemon. He walked up to the geared up fighters, took a few gulps of the liquid. "Oh good. You dudes are ready to go. Sorry, I wasn't here. I was taking a throat break. I am not used to talking so much." He explained with a deep guttural voice. "Moving on... Welcome to the Dueling Arena. I am Ignatius Rammingston, the Sergent-in-Arms of Juvelnord and the Festival of Heroes." He introduced himself.

He started for the arena field and motioned for Droktoktor and Jaylyn to follow. "Once you go out there, stand with me in the middle while I speechify. After that, pick a square, and you get your prep round. Only use magic to enhance yourself or I will counterspell your ass. Otherwise, have fun out there."

With the fighters by him in the arena, Ignatius cleared his throat. "Juvelnords! Visitors! This is the Festival of HEROES!!!" Ignatius paused for applause. "For this bout, we have the local catfolk, Droktoktor, and Jaylyn, Master Shapeshifter from Varrock. This is a knock out match. So no lethal hits. Three lethal strikes and you're outta here! Magic can be used freely without worry of injury, thanks to wardings by Court Mage, Hervir. No personal gear on the field or else you forfeit the match. I am watching! Only tournament provided gear is allowed, mismatched as it is." He yelled with a gravelly voice. "Fighters to your squares."He ordered.

After the fighters moved to their squares, he continued. "In the North square is Droktoktor! In the South square is Jaylyn! You get one prep round. Magic yourselves only! After that, begin!" Ignatius cleared the arena to commence the bout.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-03-29 at 06:40 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

11. - Top - End - #41

Jaylyn in winged fox form walks, her tails flowing in an almost mesmerizing way, out to the middle of the arena. Jaylyn noting the crowds response to Droktoktor and herself. After listening to Ignatius' speech turns to Droktoktor and bows deeply, before walking to her starting side of the arena and facing Droktoktor.

Jaylyn then says in Draconic
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Can't hit what you can't see"
    then vanishes.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 17
    Show
    Invisiblity

Initiative (1d20+9)[26]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Mud
    Show
    Acrobatics DC checks increase by 5. Botching an acro check will cause you to slip and fall prone in the mud.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-03-29 at 10:37 PM.
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Droktoktor reaches his square he begins to say something under his breath.

Spoiler: Druidic
    Show
    Become the predator and not the prey. Cast Aspect of the Bear

The catfolk then readies his punching daggers.

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Initiative - [roll]1d20+5[/roll] (13-Result from Dice Roller Thread)
    Spellcraft - Aspect of the Bear - (DC17) [roll]1d20+15[/roll] (28-Result from Dice Roller Thread)
    Last edited by Milosh13; 2017-03-30 at 05:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Jaylyn watched as Droktoktor pulled out the punching daggers. "weird choice, but oh well he's going to have to wait just a little longer before I reveal myself," Jaylyn thought as she starting moving.

Spoiler: DM and those who can see invisible
    Show
    I move 15 feet over and 15 feet up to O14

Jaylyn then speaking in Draconic,
    Spoiler: In Draconic
    Show
    "I'm not where I seem to be"

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 18
    Show
    Displacement

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor looks around the arena and comes to a conclusion.

I know how to flush you out of hiding.

Droktoktor then pulls a small metal ring from his pouch and begins to speak in Druidic.

Spoiler: Druidic
    Show
    Come to my aid electrifying spheres.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC19
    Show
    Ball Lightning - (1d20+15)[33]
    If successful, Three balls of electricity will form.

16. - Top - End - #46

Jaylyn almost opens her mouth to speak before realizing she was about to do something really stupid. Jaylyn thinks to herself "You think you're going to be cleaver, but not this day."

Spoiler: DM and anybody who can see invisibility
    Show
    maintaining her 15 feet height moving to K18

Speaking in Draconic
    Show
    "make spells harder to hit me"

Spoiler: DC 20 spellcraft to ID
    Show
    Spell Resistance

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor then positions the three spheres in three separate locations. One ball of lightning hovers above square I12, the second hovers above square H15, and the third hovers above square H9.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Jaylyn feeling prepared moved up 5 feet and to E18, then looking at Droktoktor, points then speaks in Draconic.

Show
    "Elements assess his weaknesses"

a multi-colored ray appears heading toward Droktoktor.

Jaylyn then says, "Let's get this party started!"

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 21 to ID
    Show
    Elemental Assessor

Ranged Flat-Footed Touch attack (1d20+14)[23]
    damage: (2d6)[11] nonlethal Acid Damage
    damage: (2d6)[4] nonlethal Cold Damage
    damage: (2d6)[9] nonlethal Electricity Damage
    damage: (2d6+2)[11] nonlethal Fire Damage

and for the next (1d4)[2] rounds Droktoktor takes (4d6)[15] non-lethal Acid damage.

performance check (1d20+11)[17]
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-03-31 at 01:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor is pelted with energy of various natures.

There you are.

Droktoktor then has the sphere hovering at square H15 to E18 directly beneath the now located Jaylyn. The catfolk then quickdraws his crossbow and takes aim at the flying creature.

Quickdraw Crossbow
    (1d20+26)[27] - Non-lethal damage (1d10)[2]

Performance Check - (DC13) Results from Dice Roller are 17
    Last edited by Milosh13; 2017-03-31 at 02:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Jaylyn notes that Droktoktor drew his crossbow and fires it. Jaylyn moves 30 feet south, to K18, maintaining her 20 feet height. Jaylyn looks at Droktoktor and says "It's time for me to go ALL-OUT! I hope your ready for this."

Jaylyn switches to Draconic and says
    Show
    "Mars Celestial Fireballs BLAST!"

four 2-foot-diameter spheres appears at Jaylyn's hand and then streaks towards Droktoktor leaving a trail of fiery sparks as they travel.

Ranged touch attack 1: (1d20+15)[32] for (2d6)[5] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)
    Ranged touch attack 2: (1d20+15)[20] for (2d6)[10] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)
    Ranged touch attack 3: (1d20+15)[33] for (2d6)[9] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)
    Ranged touch attack 4: (1d20+15)[23] for (2d6)[4] non-lethal bludgeoning damage (if hit you take -4 on the reflex save)

you must then make 4 reflex saves (DC 28) -4 if they hit
    reflex 1 is for (6d6+6)[27] non-lethal fire damage.
    reflex 2 is for (6d6+6)[31] non-lethal fire damage.
    reflex 3 is for (6d6+6)[22] non-lethal fire damage.
    reflex 4 is for (6d6+6)[24] non-lethal fire damage.

if you have fire resistance it only applies once.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 24 to ID
    Show
    Meteor Swarm

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor sees the spheres coming but is unable to get out of their way and is hit directly.

After the smoke clears, the catfolk is lying motionless on the ground.

23. - Top - End - #53

Jaylyn sees Droktoktor motionless on the ground, gasps "NO!!!" she screams and descend as fast as she can to the fallen hero.

performance for vanquishing a foe (1d20+11)[14]
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-03-31 at 02:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"And that was all she wrote!" Ignatius boomed as he walked into the field. A group of clerics rushed onto the field behind Ignatius and went by him towards Droktoktor. The healed him up completely. He regained conscious and was helped to his feet. The clerics then went to ask Jaylyn if she was alright.

Ignatius gathered the competitors with him back the pool. "Let's hear it for Jaylyn and Droktoktor!" Ignatius said, rallying the crowd. "Take your bows." He whispered to them.

"Good peoples of Juvelnord and other lands, thank you for coming to support our heroes today! The Festival of Heroes is a spectacle of amazing magics. Where else will you see Meteor Swarm versus Ball Lightining? Let's hear it for our winner, Jaylyn!" The crowd applauded and cheered. "Got sonething to say? Now's your chance." Ignatius whispered in a deep growl.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-03-31 at 03:22 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #55

Jaylyn seeing the Clerics rushing the field feared the worst, but gave them the room they needed. Seeing Droktoktor stand, Jaylyn let out a grateful sigh of relief. For a moment there Jaylyn thought she may have gone too far over-board.

"No, no I'm fine," Jaylyn said to the Cleric when asked, "I didn't get hit at all."

When instructed Jaylyn looked at the crowd and bowed deeply, then turned to Droktoktor and bowed deeply and respectfully. Then whispered to Droktoktor, "Sorry if I went a bit overboard there."

"Do I have anything to say, what COULD I say after that," Jaylyn thought after hearing Ignatius, "Well the truth I guess will do."

Jaylyn then looked at the crowd and cleared her throat before beginning.

"GOOD PEOPLE OF JUVELNORD, I WAS INVITED BY THE GREAT PRINCESS GEIRAVOR, TO TEST MY METTLE AGAINST THE BEST THIS LAND HAS TO OFFER. BEFORE THIS FIGHT ME AND MY OPPONENT AGREED TO GO ALL OUT, AND GO ALL OUT WE DID. THE FORTUNE OF THE GODS OF MAGIC JUST HAPPEN TO SMILE UPON ME THIS DAY. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT THE FIGHT ITSELF DID NOT LAST AS LONG AS I'D HOPED, BUT WITH MAGIC ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE."

diplomacy (1d20+14)[27]
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-03-31 at 04:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

After coming to, Droktoktor, seeing Jaylyn bowing, proceeded to do the same and whispered back to her, I'm glad that you didn't hold back.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ignatius lead Jaylyn and Droktoktor off the field.

"Anyway dudes, like I told the guys before you, your fans await. Give them a second of your time, but not a second more or you'll be here all day. Before that, turn in your tournament issue gear and collect your things. Other than that, you are free to go. Late." He explained in a medium growl.

Jaylyn and Droktoktor are leaving the dueling arena at 2:50. They are free to spent the rest of the day however.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-03-31 at 07:33 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor turned in his gear and collected his items and went to the entrance to meet with any fans that wanted to meet him.

29. - Top - End - #59

Jaylyn followed the others back into the pit, taking off the gear as she went. Once in the pit she returned all the items back where she found them, and flew to the entrance to meet with the crowd. Shaking hands with whomever offered it, and thanking those who congratulated her.

One such person she remembered from last night, "Well hello umm...sailor," Jaylyn said looking a little embarrassed seeing as the man is no longer in his sailor uniform. "By the way I never did get your name."

Jaylyn gets the name from the sailor before continuing, "Let me go back to the castle and change out of my arena clothing, then I'll meet ya at the boating game, and we can go to your favorite eating place," Jaylyn said. "It will be my treat, but no heavy alcohol I have a match tomorrow and I need to be at 110% if I wish to continue winning."

Jaylyn then goes back to shaking hands and thanks the fans who congratulates her.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Triblin arrived shortly before the appointed time and inspected the available gear while waiting for Aurix.
    Show

Show