New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post

Civvy looks at Harold sadly, and tilts her head slightly. She feels bad for him, she truly does. He didn't have anything resembling a happy life, and she wishes she could have done something for him sooner.
    But she couldn't.
    "That's all right. No harm done.

Do you like baking? Cooking in general? Music?"
    I can't bake to save my life, and most of my music interests are what people now call "clasic rock", and by classic I mean really classic. Jethro Tull, Cat Stevens, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zepplin. Rap doesn't exactly suit me, hip either, though House of Pain is starting to grow on me.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Town]

((Just asked, Civvy should be plenty powerful enough to break the curse of some standard fairy power.))

"What, do you want me to go fetch something? Draw you something? Play a children's card game?" he says the last part jokingly, but only because he can't imagine Civvy tasking him to go out and slay something for her. He'd more expect something fun, like asking him to do something in the loxodon shape she liked so much. Or, actually play the game she was talking about. He's never been terribly good at games.
    Town

((Sweet! Now to send Mist on [x]physically impossible, demanding, and harrowing[/x] adventures!))

"Youuuu just listed drawing something. Are you an artistic sort?" Civvy asks, a bit of a smile starting to form. "What I would like!
    Is for you to gather me seven seeds -- though more would actually be lovely~ --, of a rose of a color that does not grow naturally here! Your journey will be long! Unless you go to the flower shop. I suggest the flower shop.
    And you must wander the garden for near lifetimes to find the exact color I desire!

. . .

Though I'll give you a hint, it's any shade of purple.

I just really want some purple roses for my garden. Darker purple would be best, but really any shade would do.

Does that sound fair?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Flower Garden]

"It's entirely possible that people made it up, yes," Dorota says. She wouldn't be offended if Civvy called it dumb, since she agrees. "You know how it works. People in power make up reasons why it's right and proper for them to stay in power. But I want to know the truth. A daunting proposition, I know."
    Flower Garden

"Indeed, I do know how it works quite well.
    Well. I'm sure you have a plan for it. How do you intend to go about learning the truth? And how can I help?"

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    I can't bake to save my life, and most of my music interests are what people now call "clasic rock", and by classic I mean really classic. Jethro Tull, Cat Stevens, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zepplin. Rap doesn't exactly suit me, hip either, though House of Pain is starting to grow on me.
    "Well! Now is the time to learn then! Either baking or music or Iunno. Basically whatever you want. We should find you a hobby. We have time. We have mentors. And if you wanted to do baking, someone actually just moved in not long ago who's pretty good at it, and could use some friends.

That said though, those are good choices. Good taste in music, there."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac blinks.
    "Yeah. I draw and paint things in my spare time."
    Though he only ever does it in human form due to comfort habits. He hasn't ever even thought of drawing something using his trunk.
    "You don't mean the flower shop here do you?"
    That would hardly be very far away.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota nibbles on her pen.

"You've already helped me, by telling me more about what it's like to be a god, and how it works... or some of it, at any rate. I have a better idea now. Do you know any other gods I could ask?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well! Now is the time to learn then! Either baking or music or Iunno. Basically whatever you want. We should find you a hobby. We have time. We have mentors. And if you wanted to do baking, someone actually just moved in not long ago who's pretty good at it, and could use some friends.

That said though, those are good choices. Good taste in music, there."
    A hobby, eh? Well music wise I'm not half bad at the flute. Harold muses.

Spoiler: Fun Fact
    Show
    I don't think I told you this, but I actually based Harold off of the main character in the 1971 movie Harold and Maude. If you've got free time, and three or five bucks to throw at amazon, you should watch it.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #516

[Town]

Isaac blinks.
    "Yeah. I draw and paint things in my spare time."
    Though he only ever does it in human form due to comfort habits. He hasn't ever even thought of drawing something using his trunk.
    "You don't mean the flower shop here do you?"
    That would hardly be very far away.
    Town

"That's really cool! You should show me someday! I'd looove to see!

. . . ummmm."
    Civvy looks over at the flower shop that they're directly across the street from. "I mean. Exactly how you get the seeds is up to you. It's your quest."

[Flower Garden]

Dorota nibbles on her pen.

"You've already helped me, by telling me more about what it's like to be a god, and how it works... or some of it, at any rate. I have a better idea now. Do you know any other gods I could ask?"
    Flowir Garden

"Oh! Well I'm very glad I could help.
    You could tryyyyyy HALO or GLoG (I think GLoG has some. I've never actually visited. I should at some point)? Even if there aren't any in at the moment, they might know where some are. You could also try the Temple of Inari; dunno if you would have any luck there, but it might be worth a shot.
    Do you have any other questions? I've got plenty of time."

A hobby, eh? Well music wise I'm not half bad at the flute. Harold muses.

Spoiler: Fun Fact
    Show
    I don't think I told you this, but I actually based Harold off of the main character in the 1971 movie Harold and Maude. If you've got free time, and three or five bucks to throw at amazon, you should watch it.
    "Flute could be fun! Ooooor you could learn something entirely new! Like a guitar. Or a lute.
    Or carpentry. Or chemistry or something.

I'm just tossing out ideas that sound fun."
    Civvy admits, with a bit of a giggle.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku's Place

Lute, eh? Sure. You know it? asks Harold.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac isn't sure how to process this, but Civvy seems too straight-forward to have some elaborate expectations here.
    "Well, uh, I'll be back as soon as I can, then." he tells the goddess, before taking his leave to go check out that florist shop.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota flips through her notebook.

"I think that's all, really. You've been a great help. If... well, I'm not sure what help I could offer a goddess, but if there is something, you can find me at Erin's Emporium."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #520

Breakfast Diner

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Primals?

She thinks for a moment as she taps a piece of bacon on her chin.

I don't think I've ever heard of them.
    "Very powerful beings, primals. They're revered as deities by the tribes of beastpeople among my world." Cherie took a sip of tea. "The one I speak of is named Ravana, a gigantic insect-looking man with four blades and speed faster than you or I could track. I had challenged this primal to a duel."

11. - Top - End - #521

Naku's Place

Lute, eh? Sure. You know it? asks Harold.
    Naku's Place

"I don't personally. I mean I know of it, of course. But we've got a music store. Best in the . . . well best on this entire plane of existence, so you know it's good!"
    Or. You know. The only one.

I mean it is a good little place. But it is, in fact, also the only one here.

[Town]

Isaac isn't sure how to process this, but Civvy seems too straight-forward to have some elaborate expectations here.
    "Well, uh, I'll be back as soon as I can, then." he tells the goddess, before taking his leave to go check out that florist shop.
    Town

"Okeedoke! I'll be here!"

Inside the shop is, well, it's a flower shop. Lots of flowers. Cut, arranged prettily, individuals, or, you know. Just seeds.
    It's super easy to find the Purple Rose seeds. Like, almost laughably so. All the seeds are sorted by type of flower, and then alphabetically by color. And there they are. Riiiight there.

They're also like a dollar.

[Flower Garden]

Dorota flips through her notebook.

"I think that's all, really. You've been a great help. If... well, I'm not sure what help I could offer a goddess, but if there is something, you can find me at Erin's Emporium."
    Flower Garden

"OoooooOOOoooh. Like. Like a shop sort place? What do you seeeeell?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

With nary a shrug, Isaac slaps some quarters onto the counter and picks up the seeds.
    If unobstructed he'll saunter back into the cafe and place them on Civvy's table with a smile and, "What now?"

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Breakfast Diner

"Very powerful beings, primals. They're revered as deities by the tribes of beastpeople among my world." Cherie took a sip of tea. "The one I speak of is named Ravana, a gigantic insect-looking man with four blades and speed faster than you or I could track. I had challenged this primal to a duel."
    Well, I cam presume that you were victorious, but I am nevertheless intrigued as to how, especially against a quad wielding opponent.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"Weapons, armour, protective equipment, surveying equipment, alchemy and magic," Dorota explains. "I suppose you could call it an adventurer's store. My apprentice and I make most of the alchemical supplies found there and sometimes magic items on commission. My wife is the accountant and our golem helps out with the inventory. It's a family business at this point, really."

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku's Place

"I don't personally. I mean I know of it, of course. But we've got a music store. Best in the . . . well best on this entire plane of existence, so you know it's good!"
    Or. You know. The only one.

I mean it is a good little place. But it is, in fact, also the only one here.

Then let us have a great feast of learning, and steal the scraps! says Harold.

Uh... it's a quote from a poet of my world. It means... well I don't know what it means. It just stuck in my head for some reason. Say if you aren't too busy, mayhap we should learn the lute together?

16. - Top - End - #526

[Town]

With nary a shrug, Isaac slaps some quarters onto the counter and picks up the seeds.
    If unobstructed he'll saunter back into the cafe and place them on Civvy's table with a smile and, "What now?"
    Town

"Perfect! You have now completed your quest for me, and by doing a favor for me, I am now able to do a favor for you~
    And so I don't take any more of your time!"
    Then with a wave of her hand, an explosion of pink sparkles, and a lot of happy feelings, ~puuf~! Isaac should be cured!

[Flower Garden]

"Weapons, armour, protective equipment, surveying equipment, alchemy and magic," Dorota explains. "I suppose you could call it an adventurer's store. My apprentice and I make most of the alchemical supplies found there and sometimes magic items on commission. My wife is the accountant and our golem helps out with the inventory. It's a family business at this point, really."
    Flower Garden

"That sounds lovely! I might just have to swing by and take a look. Or at the very least send a few people to check it out." Civvy replies with a smile and nod, deciding to herself that is definitely the correct thing she should do.

Then let us have a great feast of learning, and steal the scraps! says Harold.

Uh... it's a quote from a poet of my world. It means... well I don't know what it means. It just stuck in my head for some reason. Say if you aren't too busy, mayhap we should learn the lute together?
    "OoooooooooOOOOoh" Civvy says, her eyes widening. Then she blinks. "Yeah I don't get it.

If I'm not too busy, then perhaps we could.""
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac smiles, sitting down in the wooden seat with a sigh of relief. Then he winces and pulls his tail out of the way. He trusts Civvy not to tell anyone about it.
    "Thanks, Civvy. Is there anything else you'd like to do? I haven't visited as much as I probably should have."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota gets up and nods to Civvy.

"We'll be glad to have you if you decide to drop by. Thank you for all the help, and goodbye."

19. - Top - End - #529

[Town]

Isaac smiles, sitting down in the wooden seat with a sigh of relief. Then he winces and pulls his tail out of the way. He trusts Civvy not to tell anyone about it.
    "Thanks, Civvy. Is there anything else you'd like to do? I haven't visited as much as I probably should have."
    Town

Civvy tell anyone about what? She has no idea what he's talking about.
    "You are very welcome! I'm happy to help.
    Nnnnnope. That was my one chore for the day, and you took care of it for me; which I really do appreciate. Thaaank you~
    Just yeah! Come visit now and again! It's always good getting to see you."

[Flower Garden]

Dorota gets up and nods to Civvy.

"We'll be glad to have you if you decide to drop by. Thank you for all the help, and goodbye."
    Flower Garden

"Sounds lovely! Be saaaafe~" Civvy waves happily a few times, and then just kind of vanishes.

Then suddenly kitty Naku's just . . . around.
    Cats, right?

"I can walk you out, if you'd like! Or if'nya want to look around at all? Or I can just let you have some time alone."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530

Breakfast Diner

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Well, I cam presume that you were victorious, but I am nevertheless intrigued as to how, especially against a quad wielding opponent.
    Cherie chuckles and lifts up her tea cup. "Oh..." as she speaks, a blue prism floats up beside her shoulder, bouncing in the air. Should Felandria see magical energy, she'll notice that the crystal carries only a small amount of magical energy - but it isn't quite like the magic a wizard or sorcerer would use in their spells.

"I have my ways."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota is visibly startled when Naku appears out of nowhere, but composes herself with her usual poise quickly.

"I suppose it would be a waste to leave so quickly. This is an amazing place. Can you recommend me something to see here?"

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Breakfast Diner

Cherie chuckles and lifts up her tea cup. "Oh..." as she speaks, a blue prism floats up beside her shoulder, bouncing in the air. Should Felandria see magical energy, she'll notice that the crystal carries only a small amount of magical energy - but it isn't quite like the magic a wizard or sorcerer would use in their spells.

"I have my ways."
    Felandria smiles when she sees the little floaty prism.

Oooh, pretty!

I'm not familiar with that kind of magic, what is that?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

((So the scene at Naku's is done? Unless I'm wrong? If I am, which is a default state of mind for me , then just ignore this post))

That Music Shop With a High Probability of a Lute Being In It

So, begins Harold, what kind of currency is used in a Hopeful Happy Afterlife?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-11-13 at 02:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac stands up, hides his tail again, and waves.
    "Alright, thanks Civvy. I'll be back soon." he assures the goddess, and takes his leave. Unless something silly happens on the way out.

25. - Top - End - #535

[Flower Garden]

Dorota is visibly startled when Naku appears out of nowhere, but composes herself with her usual poise quickly.

"I suppose it would be a waste to leave so quickly. This is an amazing place. Can you recommend me something to see here?"
    Flower Garden

"Hmmmmm~" Naku says, tapping both her foot against the ground, and her finger against her chin in thought. She, much like an actual cat, appears to have zero resource as to accidentally surprising poor Dorota. "Well. There's the tyown that's right over thyataway." She waves a hand vaguely in the direction of the town. "Thyere's a really nice fish place with the byeeeeeeest salmon." Naku pauses, then blinks a few times.
    Right.
    Normal people might not be as interested in fisheries.
    "Uhhh. But there are also bakeries. And stores. Little plyaces, with most of the stuff all hyand-made. But those that are myaking it are doing it because they have time, and want to myake it, so it's pretty dyarn high quality stuff. Multiple restaurants. Wineries. I think we have a mead place.
    But nyeah it's pretty cute, that tyown.

There's also the laaaake. It's pretty dyarn relaxing. Just dyon't mind the lake meownster. It'll prolly not bite.
    There's the foooorest, which has dragons so be careful.
    Or just more of the flower garden."

((So the scene at Naku's is done? Unless I'm wrong? If I am, which is a default state of mind for me , then just ignore this post))

That Music Shop With a High Probability of a Lute Being In It

So, begins Harold, what kind of currency is used in a Hopeful Happy Afterlife?
    ((It could be done, sure!))

Music Shop With A Lute

"Uhhh. Gold's good. Or favors. Or if you have something to trade for. That something is exchanged is far more important strictly than what is exchanged." The shopkeeper replies.

[Town]

Isaac stands up, hides his tail again, and waves.
    "Alright, thanks Civvy. I'll be back soon." he assures the goddess, and takes his leave. Unless something silly happens on the way out.
    Town

"You are very welcome! Talk to you laaaaater~"

His way out is pretty tame, at least as far as any of my characters go.
    SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT SHOW UP THOUGH ON THE WAY OUT?!
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536

Breakfast Diner

"Ah yes, I forget there is different magic outside of my world. I wield what is called Red Magic. I manipulate my personal aether, or I suppose magical energies, with this prism and my sword to weave spells, both to harm and to heal." Cherie gives a little flourish of her hand to the prism, which bounces a little more. "It can be quite powerful, if you know what you're doing.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"A lake monster? What kind of monster?" That sounds concerning. "Are there any alchemists or engravers in the town? I think I might want to meet them. I might bring my wife here with me someday to look at the lake, though."

28. - Top - End - #538

[Flower Garden]

"A lake monster? What kind of monster?" That sounds concerning. "Are there any alchemists or engravers in the town? I think I might want to meet them. I might bring my wife here with me someday to look at the lake, though."
    Flower Garden

"It's this really big, nyasty thing. It has this vicious bright yellow beak, designed for tearing flesh from its foes. A bright green head that inspires tyerror into the bravest of souls. A wingspan of at least a hundred feet.
    And it has this tyerrifying battle cry that would send a battalion of the hardest troops running scyared. And it's bright orange feet have talons on them like none would believe."

Wait. Is. Is she describing a duck?
    "I think we have a chemist? Not quite the same thing as an alchemist, to my undyerstanding, but she might dabble or know something. The drawback is she lives next to the lake."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

Dorota tries to picture the monster she just heard described.

"Is the monster a giant duck?"

30. - Top - End - #540

[Flower Garden]

Dorota tries to picture the monster she just heard described.

"Is the monster a giant duck?"
    Flower Garden

Naku recoils slightly when Dorota utters the terrifying word.
    Before just nodding a few times, unable to bring herself to speak in the face of the horror she just heard.
    Show