New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

[Flower Garden]

Dorota is silent for a few moments, a somewhat blank look on her face. She's not sure what to say to... that.

"That's... okay. I suppose I could visit that chemist, then. And the craft workshops. I do enjoy meeting new people of the scientific and manufacturing vocations."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Flower Garden]

Dorota is silent for a few moments, a somewhat blank look on her face. She's not sure what to say to... that.

"That's... okay. I suppose I could visit that chemist, then. And the craft workshops. I do enjoy meeting new people of the scientific and manufacturing vocations."
    Flower Garden

"If, if'nya sure." Naku replies, her already-pale face paling slightly further. "This way, then."

And with that, Naku leads them to the lake! And specifically, the kind-of-too-modern-to-fit-the-location adorable house nearby. She keeps a paranoid eye out for The Duck, but it isn't anywhere near.
    It takes a minute for the door to be answered after Naku knock(u)s, and during that time, the lake could be gazed upon!

The lake is actually really, really beautiful. Clear, blue water, just enough movement on the surface to cause ripples that catch and reflect the sunlight in a lovely sort of way, and it just gives off a relaxing sort of air.

And then Grace opens the door! She's of about average height for a human, with an incredibly bronze level of tan, and bright, vibrant red hair (currently loose around her shoulders).
    "Heeello?"
    "Hey Grace. This is Dorota. Dorota; Grace.
    Is the . . . thing around?"

"Yeah, I think he's around somewher-"
    And Naku's just goooone. Complete with sound effect.
    "Crazy cat. Nice to meet you, Dorota." Grace says, taking a step back, and holding the door open for her.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #543

Town

Unfortunately for Isaac, something silly just might happen. That depends on how silly he thinks it is to bump into a short catgirl dressed entirely in red, including a big red tricorn hat. The woman falls on the ground, right on her derriere, with an "Oof." She examines herself, making sure nothing of her ensemble's been jostled out of place, before looking back up at Isaac.

"Oh, do pardon me, chap! I'm normally much more alert than that. You aren't injured, are you?" She says, getting back to her feet and offering Isaac a deferential bow.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

[Flower Garden]

"Pleased to meet you as well, Grace," Dorota says, stepping in. "I came here to visit Civiron for research purposes. She was very helpful, and I decided I might as well explore this place and meet the people. And, uh... is the monster Naku was talking about really a duck?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #545

[Flower Garden]

"Pleased to meet you as well, Grace," Dorota says, stepping in. "I came here to visit Civiron for research purposes. She was very helpful, and I decided I might as well explore this place and meet the people. And, uh... is the monster Naku was talking about really a duck?"
    [Flower Garden -> Grace's House]

Grace shuts (but doesn't lock) the door behind Dorota after she steps in. Upon further inspection, after entering the house, Grace has eyes colored just about as vibrantly as the rest of her, though in the green hue, and is wearing a fairly lengthy lab coat, which obstructs basically every other descriptor I could put in here so this is really just a lot of extra text that there's no reason for me to add but I'm adding anyway an-
    okay I'll stop.

"That sounds great! I enjoy visitors. Would you like anything to eat?

And yes."
    Grace replies with a biiit of an ever-so-slightly evil grin. "It's just a duck. Family of ducks, really. They're not even that large, honestly. She just doesn't like ducks."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Well, she didn't sprint into him, so it isn't enough to make Isaac's form change. He does give her a small grunt of surprise, though.
    "Oh, uh, no, I'm fine. It's no trouble." he says quickly, waving a hand.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #547

Town

"Even so, do accept my humblest apologies. It shan't happen again, good sir." Cherie adjusts her hat, making sure it's at the perfect coy angle. "Must be this place. Such a calm little town, you hardly think to check the next corner. Nothing like the other cities of the Nexus at all."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Dorota pushes her glasses further up her nose. It's something she does when she's perplexed. Like now.

"That's... odd. Ducks are just birds. I wouldn't mind something to eat, thank you."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Music Shop

Harold digs around in his pockets until he finally finds something, and puts it on the counter. It appears to a be a rose petal from a black rose. On closer inspection, the petal is actually absorbing the light around it.

This is, uh, well it's hard to explain. It's from a demi-god named Siriothrax who was trapped inside a rose. The petal holds a piece of him, and can be used for magic and such. Can I trade that in for a lute? My old boss didn't exactly pay in cash.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

10. - Top - End - #550

[Grace's House]

Dorota pushes her glasses further up her nose. It's something she does when she's perplexed. Like now.

"That's... odd. Ducks are just birds. I wouldn't mind something to eat, thank you."
    Grace's House

Grace just shrugs and laughs, a smile on her face. "I just- I really don't know. They are just birds.

Anyway, her craziness aside, what would you like?"
    Grace asks, leading Dorota further into the house. Specifically, towards the kitchen.
    Grace's house is really nice. It's well maintained, clean, and quite tidy. There are some pictures on the walls, but more of landscapes and animals rather than any people. The flooring is wood, and creeks slightly in that comforting sort of way as people walk across it, and the house itself smells of fairly freshly baked bread.
    "I can offer I just finished some croissants, fruit, or I think I have some leftover curry in the fridge."

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Music Shop

Harold digs around in his pockets until he finally finds something, and puts it on the counter. It appears to a be a rose petal from a black rose. On closer inspection, the petal is actually absorbing the light around it.

This is, uh, well it's hard to explain. It's from a demi-god named Siriothrax who was trapped inside a rose. The petal holds a piece of him, and can be used for magic and such. Can I trade that in for a lute? My old boss didn't exactly pay in cash.
    Music Shop

The shopkeeper blinks at the petal, before his face pales.
    "You know," he says in likely a different color text but that's fine, "I really don't want that. You can just. Um. You can just have the lute. Just, once you've learned, come back and play me a song on it. Seeing my instruments being used is why I make them, and it would make me happy."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac looks around at the pristine buildings around them.
    "Yeah it's...certainly not as busy as Inside is. Not even as much as Inside on a holiday." he muses.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Breakfast Diner

"Ah yes, I forget there is different magic outside of my world. I wield what is called Red Magic. I manipulate my personal aether, or I suppose magical energies, with this prism and my sword to weave spells, both to harm and to heal." Cherie gives a little flourish of her hand to the prism, which bounces a little more. "It can be quite powerful, if you know what you're doing.
    Fascinating!

A lot more complicated than my magic, I'm just a sorceress, mainly, except for that one time I dabbled in bard, it's a whole thing, anyway, I presume a lot of practice and studying is involved, or is it more instinctual?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Music Shop

Harold blinks, then says: Uh, thank you.

Harold then picks up the petal, and the lute, then walks out.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"I'd love some freshly baked croissants," Dorota says, then goes on to add: "Naku didn't tell you, but I'm an alchemist. And she told me you work in a similar field."

15. - Top - End - #555

Music Shop

Harold blinks, then says: Uh, thank you.

Harold then picks up the petal, and the lute, then walks out.
    Music Shop

The shopkeep waves as he leaves.

Upon leaving, he might just get met by Naku!
    Just. You know. Not the same Naku as last time. This Naku is much shorter. And has kitty ears and a tail. But is still very definitely Naku in almost every other way.

And she's also just kind of there all of a sudden.
    Cats.

[Grace's House]

"I'd love some freshly baked croissants," Dorota says, then goes on to add: "Naku didn't tell you, but I'm an alchemist. And she told me you work in a similar field."
    Grace's House

"Help yourself, then!" Grace responds, smiling happily. The croissants smell wonderful, and taste better. Perfectly light, fluffy, buttery, and just golden brown enough to be delightful. "Oh;
    interesting! I'm a chemist, so I play with the raw components directly rather than, say, the leaves and roots from which they're derived. I'll admit to not being terribly well versed in alchemy. They're somewhat similar-ish ideas, at the very least.
    Something to drink? Coffee, tea, juice?"
    She asks, still hovering over by the counter.
    "Though my roommate is an alchemist. She might still be asleep though, it is only mid-afternoon."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-11-20 at 09:18 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Music Shop

Oh, uh... hi? I thought you were a human vampire, not a, uh... well I've never met a catfolk, but I knew that they existed somewhere. Unless that's an illusion. Or you're a different person. If that last one's the case, this conversation is already off to a weird start.

While Harold seems to bumbling, if Naku's got a good sense for reading people it would seem that Harold is trying desperately trying to keep the conversation away from his past life.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Tea would be great," Dorota says, as she eats a croissant. Mmm, excellent. She's not too surprised by Grace's statement, really. Her own sleep schedule is a constant battle between Crissy and the demands of science. "I started out making potions, then transmuting other substances and now I'm sort of... delving into the intricacies. Alchemy is all about transformation and refining of matter, but not every alchemist will learn much about it beyond what they need for their practical goals."

18. - Top - End - #558

Music Shop

Oh, uh... hi? I thought you were a human vampire, not a, uh... well I've never met a catfolk, but I knew that they existed somewhere. Unless that's an illusion. Or you're a different person. If that last one's the case, this conversation is already off to a weird start.

While Harold seems to bumbling, if Naku's got a good sense for reading people it would seem that Harold is trying desperately trying to keep the conversation away from his past life.
    Music Shop

"Hmmmm~" Naku replies, placing her hands on her hips. "I suppooooose. That would be other Naku. She's. You knyow. Nyot me. I work here when she's nyot around."

[Grace's House]

"Tea would be great," Dorota says, as she eats a croissant. Mmm, excellent. She's not too surprised by Grace's statement, really. Her own sleep schedule is a constant battle between Crissy and the demands of science. "I started out making potions, then transmuting other substances and now I'm sort of... delving into the intricacies. Alchemy is all about transformation and refining of matter, but not every alchemist will learn much about it beyond what they need for their practical goals."
    Grace's House

"Of course!" Grace replies, before pouring two cups of tea from the tea she already conveniently has on hand. She places one in front of Dorota on the table, before taking a seat with her cup. "Well that sounds really interesting! What have you been working on lately?" She asks curiously, as she takes a small sip of her tea.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Music Shop

Oh. This estranged cat-woman doesn't know exactly who Harold is. Neat.

Huh. Could've sworn you were- nevermind. I'm Phil, well my first name's Harold, but I go by Phil.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"My newest project is... well, I'm not sure if it's even alchemy yet. It's about gods. I want to know if the gods I was raised to believe in really existed," Dorota says. "So if it's alchemy, it's the deepest kind. But at work, I've been studying dimensional resonance. Certain substances can be made to resonate with other worlds and dimensions and I've been experimenting with it. Carefully."

21. - Top - End - #561

Town

"It's rather quaint, is it not? Were I not an adventurer, I might like to pack up my bags and move here." Cherie looks back at Isaac. "I take it you are not from around here either, good sir?"

Breakfast Diner

"A sorceress... that must be a more specific term in your world. Red magic? I didn't have to study much, but I'm something of a natural talent. Once I have something in my hands, it's like putty. Whether it be magic, or tailoring,
    or certain other interests."
    Cherie took an exceedingly nonchalant sip of tea.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post

Breakfast Diner

"A sorceress... that must be a more specific term in your world. Red magic? I didn't have to study much, but I'm something of a natural talent. Once I have something in my hands, it's like putty. Whether it be magic, or tailoring,
    or certain other interests."
    Cherie took an exceedingly nonchalant sip of tea.
    Well, yes, actually, Wizards study and learn magic but sorceress are born with it.

I mean, my parentage probably helped.

At the mention of other interests, Fel raises an eyebrow and blushes slightly.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

23. - Top - End - #563

Music Shop

Oh. This estranged cat-woman doesn't know exactly who Harold is. Neat.

Huh. Could've sworn you were- nevermind. I'm Phil, well my first name's Harold, but I go by Phil.
    Music Shop

Apparently so!
    "She's off elsewhere; which is why I'm here nyow. I hyandle her jobs when she's too lazy to dyo thyem.
    Soooooo. Is there anything I cyan do to help out?"

[Grace's House]

"My newest project is... well, I'm not sure if it's even alchemy yet. It's about gods. I want to know if the gods I was raised to believe in really existed," Dorota says. "So if it's alchemy, it's the deepest kind. But at work, I've been studying dimensional resonance. Certain substances can be made to resonate with other worlds and dimensions and I've been experimenting with it. Carefully."
    Grace's House

Grace listens, quite interested, and sips at her tea while she does.
    "Well, that definitely explains why you're here, then. Civvy seems rather, I don't know. Open? About a lot of things. I hope she was able to help. That's a good goal you have there.

Reaaaaally now? What sort of things have you found? Is this these substances resonating with more of its own kind of substance, or with the world and dimensions themselves?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Music Shop

Apparently so!
    "She's off elsewhere; which is why I'm here nyow. I hyandle her jobs when she's too lazy to dyo thyem.
    Soooooo. Is there anything I cyan do to help out?"
    You know the lute? asks Harold / Phil cocking his head to the instrument in his hand.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

Isaac smiles. It was that obvious. Though being the realm of a goddess, he doesn’t figure a large living population would live here.
    ”Yeah, uh, I’m an Inside native.” he explains.

26. - Top - End - #566

Breakfast Diner

Cherie lets out a little chuckle. "Why, my dear, just that from me and your face already takes on a new color? I'm a little worried about how you'll react when I really get started." She winks at Fel.

"So strange. In my world, everyone has aether. It just takes practice to manipulate it. It's the methods of shaping aether that led to the schools of magic."

Town

"Inside, hm? Such a strange name for a city. But I suppose all names are strange to foreigners."

"So tell me, good sir, what brings you here? Just desire for a quiet day, away from all the loudness of this Nexus land?"

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

"Oh, just asking Civvy for some help with a nasty curse I wound up with while traipsing around the Faerie as a loxodon. Really it was just me being stupid." he admits, more than a little embarrassed about the whole thing.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"The results are inconclusive," Dorota says with a sigh. "Substances unique to particular dimensions or worlds seem to be attracted to them, but it's hard to properly classify something as 'unique' to somewhere. There might be another variable I'm not aware of."

29. - Top - End - #569

Town

"Loxodon... ah. A new world, a new lexicon, it seems. Care to enlighten me?" Cherie shifts her hat and smiles at Isaac, nothing but good intentions in her expression.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

"Uh, it's about one and a half the height of a tall human. Bulky, large ears, trunk for a nose? I can only change when I feel a little pain or panic, so I can't really show you without getting slapped or something." Isaac explains, giving a nervous shrug. He doesn't want to say it's a bipedal elephant because he can't confirm that she knows what that is.