New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

[Grace's House]

"So much knowledge is lost when people decide to start burning things and each other," Dorota observes ruefully. "What have you learned to create?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground

Grace's House

"I can't say how many disciplines like alchemy have been lost in the past. There's been so much death..." Idun shakes her head. "Never mind that. I'm able to make medicine more potent than what the doctors can accomplish. And in doing that, I've made some poisons, too, but I try not to make those. I'm hoping with everything I've found so far here in the Nexus, I'll be able to expand my options more."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post

"It seems... similar, I suppose, to the schools of magic of my world. But we all have an innate ability. A... potential, I think you could call it. It merely takes honing, like any craft.

Cherie flutters her eyelashes just a little. "My dear, you're a smart woman. I'm sure you can figure it out." Felandria may feel the tip of a boot snaking up her ankle.
    Felandria does indeed feel the snaking as she finishes the last bite of the biscuits.

Oh.

She downs the remaining apple juice.

So...

Feel puts a hand on top of Cherie’s hand.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

”Right now I’ve been focusing solely on healing and force magic. Ever since I got this I’ve been fairly bad at everything else save alchemy. That’s the cost of becoming more focused I suppose.” Isaac explains with a shrug.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Dorota ponders it for a moment.

"I do have a substantial alchemical library. I could share some of it, if you'd like. In the interest of propagating the art."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #606

Breakfast Diner

Cherie chuckles at the touch and makes eyes at Felandria. "So...?" If permitted, she'll continue the contact under their table, despite remaining completely nonchalant in her expression, ever-so-innocently taking another sip of tea.

Town

Cherie tilts her head just a little, not quite certain of what she heard. "Force magic? The term is new to me, I'm afraid. Care to elaborate?"

Grace's House

"Y-You would? I wouldn't be able to pay you back..." Idun looks away from Grace. "But if you were willing, I'd really appreciate any help I could get."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-12-08 at 09:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Dorota nods.

"There was a time when I really wanted to learn alchemy and I couldn't... but someone reached out and helped me. Now I get to do it for someone else. And I'll be happy to see if you come up with something I haven't seen yet."

8. - Top - End - #608

Grace's House

Idun looks back at Dorota and manages a weak smile. "Thank you; I mean it. I'll do my best not to disappoint. I could show you my - well, I guess it's not really a 'lab', but - oh, but I'm sure you're busy." She goes from one thought to the next, barely even pausing for a breath.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-12-10 at 08:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Dorota checks her watch.

"It's fine, actually. I didn't know what I'd find here, so I reserved some time for visiting this place."

10. - Top - End - #610

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Town

Harold scoffs, and says: Ugh, elves. They as pompous in your world as they were mine? In my world, elves kept walls around human civilization just so they wouldn't spread again. I've developed a tasteful dislike of elves since.

Lake

Merciful waters, I forgot to introduce myself. I go by many names, but for now I'm The Riverman. I apologize for my intrusion, it's just that I've been caught betwixt worlds for what feels like months. Your the first person I've seen since. Mayhap you could tell me your name, and where we might be? The Riverman asks.
    Town

"Oh, they're nyot so bad. Maybe a few, but you can't judge an entire race by just a fyew."

Lake

"Riverman?" Grace repeats, standing up and brushing her hands off on her pants. "I'm Grace. It's nice to meet you.
    You're currently in Civiron's Realm. And somehow out on the lake."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Grace's House]

Dorota checks her watch.

"It's fine, actually. I didn't know what I'd find here, so I reserved some time for visiting this place."
    Grace's House

"I'm baaaaaack." Grace announces, bringing back both three cups for tea, and also just a freshly brewed full pot. She places a cup in front of each of her guests, before filling it for them. Dorota might note, as she gets close, that Grace smells quite nicely of strawberries. Not overpoweringly so, but definitely there. "Sorry if I'm interrupting~"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

11. - Top - End - #611

Grace's House

"I-If you really want to, then I suppose I can - oh, Grace!" Idun perks up to look at Grace as she reenters the room. "No, not at all! I was- well, I wanted to show Dorota my setup. Did you want to see it too?"

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Dorota thanks Grace with a nod.

"We were discussing our respective crafts, yes. I always enjoy seeing other people's workspaces."

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

Isaac bashfully raises a hand, causing an invisible pane of force appears under Cherie’s feet, lifting her gently into the air.
    ”You Know, force.” he mumbles.

14. - Top - End - #614

[Grace's House]

Dorota thanks Grace with a nod.

"We were discussing our respective crafts, yes. I always enjoy seeing other people's workspaces."
    Grace's House

Grace returns the nod with a pleasant smile, and leaves the vocalized answer to when she responds to Idun.

Grace's House

"I-If you really want to, then I suppose I can - oh, Grace!" Idun perks up to look at Grace as she reenters the room. "No, not at all! I was- well, I wanted to show Dorota my setup. Did you want to see it too?"
    Grace's House

"Oh! Have you gotten all unpacked and set up?" Grace asks, her already somewhat full lips forming into a bit of an :o expression. "I would love to come see!"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Town

"Oh, they're nyot so bad. Maybe a few, but you can't judge an entire race by just a fyew."

Lake

"Riverman?" Grace repeats, standing up and brushing her hands off on her pants. "I'm Grace. It's nice to meet you.
    You're currently in Civiron's Realm. And somehow out on the lake."
    Town

Maybe you're right, multiverse is a big place. It would be cosmically improbable for every elf everywhere are overbearing and pompous.

Lake

Realm as in Kingdom, or realm as in demiplane? the Riverman asks.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

16. - Top - End - #616

Grace's House

"Well, I wouldn't really call it a real lab, but I was able to bring some stuff with me to the Nexus. The mixtures and reagents I already had; things like that."

Town

Cherie looks down at the ground, and the short distance between it and her feet. "My, I'm impressed! Most magic of my realm is only really useful on a battlefield, but I can think of many uses for something like this."

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"We all have to start somewhere," Dorota says. "I'm ready when you are."

18. - Top - End - #618

Town

Maybe you're right, multiverse is a big place. It would be cosmically improbable for every elf everywhere are overbearing and pompous.

Lake

Realm as in Kingdom, or realm as in demiplane? the Riverman asks.
    Town

"It's true. There are some worlds, I'm sure, where they're actually like the best people. And just as many when we are the best types of people. And the worst.
    Good times, really."

Lake

"Realm as in plane, yeah."

Grace's House

"Well, I wouldn't really call it a real lab, but I was able to bring some stuff with me to the Nexus. The mixtures and reagents I already had; things like that."
    [Grace's House]

"We all have to start somewhere," Dorota says. "I'm ready when you are."
    Grace's House

"Yeah, of course. Let's go!" Grace says, already standing and ready to go.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

"It's true. There are some worlds, I'm sure, where they're actually like the best people. And just as many when we are the best types of people. And the worst.
    Good times, really."

Lake

"Realm as in plane, yeah."
    Town

Harold chuckles, and says You have no idea how ironically that statement applies to my situation. Unless you do, and if you do that's kind of creepy.

Lake

Oh... I appear to be intruding. How rude of me. during this moment of thought, the Riverman's instincts start to kick in.

Forgive me if I'm being to forward, but you are not as human as I originally thought, are you?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

20. - Top - End - #620
    Orc in the Playground

Breakfast Diner

Cherie chuckles at the touch and makes eyes at Felandria. "So...?" If permitted, she'll continue the contact under their table, despite remaining completely nonchalant in her expression, ever-so-innocently taking another sip of tea.
    Fel leans close to Cherie, smiling broadly

You know, I can think of nothing better after a hearty breakfast than working off the calories.

And she casually eats the last piece of bacon.

21. - Top - End - #621

Grace's House

"Oh, um, okay. If you want," Idun says, standing up and leading Dorota and Grace upstairs, into the spare room that Idun has set up in.

The room has become a bit of a mess since Idun settled in. There's a small bed in one corner, and most of the rest of it is empty. However, there is a large table on one side of the room covered with bottles, vials, and small pieces of equipment. The center of the table in particular is dominated by a large pot, set on top of a raised plate. Next to it is a small case, with multiple little drawers for storing herbs and reagents.

Either Dorota or Grace might take interest in a small piece of paper still on the table. The entire top half of it has been scribbled out, but the bottom half is still legible.

Spoiler: Recipe
    Show
    -Two peony roots
    -One black cohosh root
    -Four spearmint leaves
    -One phenelda flower

-Heat mixture of water and lemon juice (amounts must be equal) in a pot. Do NOT let it boil.
    -Grind herbs with pestle and mortar.
    -Add herb mix to heated water and lemon juice pot.
    -Let sit in heat for half an hour.
    -Douse heat, let sit for another fifteen minutes.
    -Pour into vials (Make sure they are clean!)

Take one vial normally every day. Make this every week.

Do not run out of ANY of these herbs, no matter what.

Breakfast Diner

Cherie covers her lips with her fingers, chuckling. "My, my. I take it you aren't interested in coyness?" Despite the turn their conversation has taken, she remains composed, taking yet another sip of tea. How has she not ran out?

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

Breakfast Diner

Cherie covers her lips with her fingers, chuckling. "My, my. I take it you aren't interested in coyness?" Despite the turn their conversation has taken, she remains composed, taking yet another sip of tea. How has she not ran out?
    Fel schooches a little closer.

Coyness is always appreciated.

But it seems I've run all out of breakfast, and now it's time for us to get to know each other a little better.

All of us.

And now Fel takes another sip out of the new glass of juice that came from somewhere.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

A very rudimentary workspace, especially for someone who works in a well-stocked laboratory. But everyone has to start somewhere.

"What have you been making here recently?" she asks, peering at the piece of paper from a distance. It would be rude to just walk over and read another alchemist's notes.

24. - Top - End - #624

Town

Harold chuckles, and says You have no idea how ironically that statement applies to my situation. Unless you do, and if you do that's kind of creepy.

Lake

Oh... I appear to be intruding. How rude of me. during this moment of thought, the Riverman's instincts start to kick in.

Forgive me if I'm being to forward, but you are not as human as I originally thought, are you?
    Town

Naku doesn't answer exactly, instead just kind of giving a sort of :3 expression, and tilting her head slightly in that potentially infuriating but so gosh darn cute way that cats do that.
    "Soooo. Have you been able to explore much? Get a feel for if there's a house you'd like? There's plenty of room, if you want to settle dyown here."

Lake

Grace freezes for just a moment. Just the barest of pauses, before regaining her composure. "You're fine. The ducks will be back.

So, um, what brings you here?"
    She asks, avoiding the question entirely.

Grace's House

"Oh, um, okay. If you want," Idun says, standing up and leading Dorota and Grace upstairs, into the spare room that Idun has set up in.

The room has become a bit of a mess since Idun settled in. There's a small bed in one corner, and most of the rest of it is empty. However, there is a large table on one side of the room covered with bottles, vials, and small pieces of equipment. The center of the table in particular is dominated by a large pot, set on top of a raised plate. Next to it is a small case, with multiple little drawers for storing herbs and reagents.

Either Dorota or Grace might take interest in a small piece of paper still on the table. The entire top half of it has been scribbled out, but the bottom half is still legible.

Spoiler: Recipe
    Show
    -Two peony roots
    -One black cohosh root
    -Four spearmint leaves
    -One phenelda flower

-Heat mixture of water and lemon juice (amounts must be equal) in a pot. Do NOT let it boil.
    -Grind herbs with pestle and mortar.
    -Add herb mix to heated water and lemon juice pot.
    -Let sit in heat for half an hour.
    -Douse heat, let sit for another fifteen minutes.
    -Pour into vials (Make sure they are clean!)

Take one vial normally every day. Make this every week.

Do not run out of ANY of these herbs, no matter what.
    [Grace's House]

A very rudimentary workspace, especially for someone who works in a well-stocked laboratory. But everyone has to start somewhere.

"What have you been making here recently?" she asks, peering at the piece of paper from a distance. It would be rude to just walk over and read another alchemist's notes.
    Grace's House

Hmmmm.
    This simply won't do. What's the point of having a fairly large house if you don't give people more space if they need it.
    Grace will definitely be seeing to that.
    She stays quiet though, instead choosing to look around, and let Dorota ask the questions. Especially since she just asked exactly what Grace is curious about.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

Naku doesn't answer exactly, instead just kind of giving a sort of :3 expression, and tilting her head slightly in that potentially infuriating but so gosh darn cute way that cats do that.
    "Soooo. Have you been able to explore much? Get a feel for if there's a house you'd like? There's plenty of room, if you want to settle dyown here."

Lake

Grace freezes for just a moment. Just the barest of pauses, before regaining her composure. "You're fine. The ducks will be back.

So, um, what brings you here?"
    She asks, avoiding the question entirely.
    Town

I haven't really seen much of this place, I kind of just go here. Maybe you could help me house hunt?

Lake

Whoops. Struck a nerve there. Wonder if she's psychic. HI GRACE! thinks the Riverman

I'm on a multiverse tour to see which one I want to be in during my late years. I'm retired, you see. Next to no one believes in me now.

26. - Top - End - #626

Grace's House

Idun hesitates for just a moment, but only just. "Oh, I was working on some medicine this morning. I get stomach cramps easy, but the right herbs in lemon juice help with that." It sounded plausible enough, right?

Breakfast Diner

Another coquettish chuckle escaped from Cherie's lips. "Such an enticing prospect. What would you say to adjourning our time here, and escorting me somewhere more private?"

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Herbal medicine isn't really something I've studied that much," Dorota says. She moved on to other fields quickly. "What other medicine do you usually make?"

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace's House

Town

Cherie looks down at the ground, and the short distance between it and her feet. "My, I'm impressed! Most magic of my realm is only really useful on a battlefield, but I can think of many uses for something like this."
    Town

”I’ve been told it is one of the more versatile crafts for a battle mage. More so than other forms of destruction or transmutation. So yeah, it’s nice. Though if I try to hard at it I’ll get changed forcefully.” Isaac admits. It usually has explosive results as the active magic gets amplified.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

Grace's House

Idun hesitates for just a moment, but only just. "Oh, I was working on some medicine this morning. I get stomach cramps easy, but the right herbs in lemon juice help with that." It sounded plausible enough, right?

Breakfast Diner

Another coquettish chuckle escaped from Cherie's lips. "Such an enticing prospect. What would you say to adjourning our time here, and escorting me somewhere more private?"
    Well that sounds delightful, but I'm afraid I don't really know my way around this place.

Any suggestions?

30. - Top - End - #630

Town

I haven't really seen much of this place, I kind of just go here. Maybe you could help me house hunt?

Lake

Whoops. Struck a nerve there. Wonder if she's psychic. HI GRACE! thinks the Riverman

I'm on a multiverse tour to see which one I want to be in during my late years. I'm retired, you see. Next to no one believes in me now.
    Town

"I can dyo that. What syort of hyouse are you thinking? Biggish? Smallish? Yard?"

Lake

Grace doesn't seem to react. Either she isn't psychic at all, or has the best poker face (which she obviously doesn't, as she already almost blew her cover once already).

"Well, that sounds unpleasant to not be believed in. Where, um, where have you been so far? On the tour, that is."

[Grace's House]

"Herbal medicine isn't really something I've studied that much," Dorota says. She moved on to other fields quickly. "What other medicine do you usually make?"
    Grace's House

Grace's House

"Hmm. That doesn't sound pleasant. I'll make sure I'll keep stock of what I can. Most of it should be fairly easy."
    Show