New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Flower Garden

"I shall have to fashion them myself, but I would be happy to receive the materials for them." Jiao feels at his robes for a moment. How strange that they still felt very real, despite him being, well, dead.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Civvy blinks a few more times. "Oh it's fine! It's fine!" She says, waving her hands in a sort of warding 'no no really it's fine' sort of gesture. "Really, it's just the whole 'taking name in vain' thing that's bad. Just regular cussing I, at least, really don't care about. But that varies from god to god so do be careful though."
    Oliver sighs and says, "Well that got off to a depressing and awkward start. Shall we just start over?"
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

3. - Top - End - #783

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Flower Garden

"I shall have to fashion them myself, but I would be happy to receive the materials for them." Jiao feels at his robes for a moment. How strange that they still felt very real, despite him being, well, dead.
    Flower Garden

"Ooooh! That's perfectly fine! You're a . . . You-. . .
    You make clothing, then?"
    Civvy asks, a curious, pleasant smile on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver sighs and says, "Well that got off to a depressing and awkward start. Shall we just start over?"
    Naku's Clearing

"Sure thing!
    I'm Civvy!"
    Civvy says, offering Oliver a hand.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #784

Flower Garden

"I am certainly no tailor, but in times like these I have had to make my own robes and raiments before." Jiao chuckles to himself. "We are taught many small skills in the grand abbey."

5. - Top - End - #785

Flower Garden

"I am certainly no tailor, but in times like these I have had to make my own robes and raiments before." Jiao chuckles to himself. "We are taught many small skills in the grand abbey."
    Flower Garden

"Ooooh. And is this . . . something you enjoooy doing?

Where's the Grand Abbey?"
    Civvy asks, head tilting to the other side, a look of curiosity on her face.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Naku's Clearing

"Sure thing!
    I'm Civvy!"
    Civvy says, offering Oliver a hand.
    "Oliver Slyfield, at your service." He shakes her hand. "I'm a professional thief, but for good. And I've heard that you are a goddess of...hope, was it?"

7. - Top - End - #787

"Oliver Slyfield, at your service." He shakes her hand. "I'm a professional thief, but for good. And I've heard that you are a goddess of...hope, was it?"
    "Hope, yup! That's me! Full name of Civiron, but e'erybody just calls me Civvy. Pleasure to meet you!
    I'm sure you've already met her, but that,"
    Civvy waves a hand off behind her towards Naku, who's still chopping wood. "Is my newest Champion. If you ever have a problem around here, just go let her know and she'll take care of it for you."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788

Flower Garden

"I enjoy it, of course. I only create the garments for myself, but it is rewarding," Jiao says.

"The Grand Abbey forms the center of Gerugia. All of our city's people come to it during the festivals. Though lately, there hasn't been much reason for ceremony..."

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Hope, yup! That's me! Full name of Civiron, but e'erybody just calls me Civvy. Pleasure to meet you!
    I'm sure you've already met her, but that,"
    Civvy waves a hand off behind her towards Naku, who's still chopping wood. "Is my newest Champion. If you ever have a problem around here, just go let her know and she'll take care of it for you."
    "Alright! Nice to meet you Civvy!"

10. - Top - End - #790

Flower Garden

"I enjoy it, of course. I only create the garments for myself, but it is rewarding," Jiao says.

"The Grand Abbey forms the center of Gerugia. All of our city's people come to it during the festivals. Though lately, there hasn't been much reason for ceremony..."
    Flower Garden

"And that's wonderful! If you ever dooo want to try making anything for anyone else though -- and absolutely no pressure to do so, of course~ --, there are plenty of people who would love that.

Oooh. That sounds delightful! I love festivals!
    B-but, why not much reason for ceremony? There's always cause!""

"Alright! Nice to meet you Civvy!"
    Hmmmm. That wasn't the reaction she was expecting or even kind of hoping for. Oh well! Meeting the god herself probably stole the thunder from introducing her Holy Champion. Sucks to be Naku!
    "And you as well! Is there anywhere you'd like to see? We have all kinds of delightful things here!" With that, she shows Oliver the map that's in the first post of this thread, so he doesn't have to try to guess as to what sort of things are around.
    It should be noted that currently, they're in the 'spooky mansion clearing in the woods'.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791

Flower Garden

Jiao closes his eyes and shakes his head. "The harvests have been poor, trade is dwindling away, and with the Camothans at our borders..." he sighs again. "Never mind that. It is in the Ten's domain; there is nothing I can do about it anymore."

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Near the Lake

A tall man in green robes and horns peaking out of the obscuring cowl over his face walks... cheerily(?) near the lake.

Grace? Ya here? I followed your directions! Kitty's gone... well, not permanently, but for now!
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

13. - Top - End - #793

Flower Garden

Jiao closes his eyes and shakes his head. "The harvests have been poor, trade is dwindling away, and with the Camothans at our borders..." he sighs again. "Never mind that. It is in the Ten's domain; there is nothing I can do about it anymore."
    Flower Garden

"Oooooh. I am sorry to hear that. That's no good.
    Wellllll."
    Really, Civvy has no idea where to go from that. She couldn't interfere, and dwelling on it would just be rude. But if he needed time to mourn, she didn't want to rush him.
    "Would you like a tour?"

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Near the Lake

A tall man in green robes and horns peaking out of the obscuring cowl over his face walks... cheerily(?) near the lake.

Grace? Ya here? I followed your directions! Kitty's gone... well, not permanently, but for now!
    In the house by the lake

Grace hears the voice from outside, and it startles her into jumping nearly a full foot. She recognizes the voice. And she is not ready for visitors right now.
    "Um. J-just a minute!" She calls out to him, before grabbing a bag of stuff from under the counter in the kitchen, and dashing upstairs.
    It'll take her nearly a full five minutes to come back down, so if her visitor is in no rush, she'll come to the door soonish. If he iiiis in a rush though, the door isn't locked.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Near the house by the lake

Xavouir has the patience of a saint... when Kitty's around. He waits, like three minutes, and then he tries to look through a window if there is one.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

15. - Top - End - #795

Near the house by the lake

Xavouir has the patience of a saint... when Kitty's around. He waits, like three minutes, and then he tries to look through a window if there is one.
    Grace's House

Welllllll. There definitely is a window. And if he jumped up to the second floor to take a look, he'll notice that Grace is just wearing a fairly heavy sweater, some baggy sweat pants, and is putting in what appear to be eye drops.
    Depending on Xavouir's eyesight, he might be able to notice that the little bottle is not any sort of medicine or anything. It appears to be . . . whiiite . . .

Food coloring?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace's House

Welllllll. There definitely is a window. And if he jumped up to the second floor to take a look, he'll notice that Grace is just wearing a fairly heavy sweater, some baggy sweat pants, and is putting in what appear to be eye drops.
    Depending on Xavouir's eyesight, he might be able to notice that the little bottle is not any sort of medicine or anything. It appears to be . . . whiiite . . .

Food coloring?
    Xavouir, who had not heard of food coloring or eye drops, figures that Grace is just drinking a potion. He's seen weirder, and he still thinks she's human. He hops back down, silent as the grave (heheh) and waits by the door.

17. - Top - End - #797

Xavouir, who had not heard of food coloring or eye drops, figures that Grace is just drinking a potion. He's seen weirder, and he still thinks she's human. He hops back down, silent as the grave (heheh) and waits by the door.
    Grace's House

Then another minute or so later, Grace comes back down, and opens the door! She looks pretty normal, though no makeup today.
    "Sorry, I was, uh, not expecting guests. How are you? Come in."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace's House

Then another minute or so later, Grace comes back down, and opens the door! She looks pretty normal, though no makeup today.
    "Sorry, I was, uh, not expecting guests. How are you? Come in."
    Oh, I'm great! Just killed a vampire, apparently it was a personal thing for Kitty and she gave me four weeks off? Iunno.
    Xavouir comes in.
    Sorry if I came without warning. I figured a note would take more than four weeks coming here and then coming back again. That and I don't know who sends mail between planar boundaries.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-03-25 at 08:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #799

Oh, I'm great! Just killed a vampire, apparently it was a personal thing for Kitty and she gave me four weeks off? Iunno.
    Xavouir comes in.
    Sorry if I came without warning. I figured a note would take more than four weeks coming here and then coming back again. That and I don't know who sends mail between planar boundaries.
    "Oh. That's. Uhhh. That's great.

Oh it's fine. I appreciate you being patient while I got dressed in something slightly more fitting for people coming over."
    Grace says with a bit of a chuckle. Apparently her 'better for someone coming over' is just a thick sweater and sweat pants.
    To each their own.
    "Oh. I need to show you how to sent texts, then. It'll be great.
    Until then though, what, what brings you this way?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh. That's. Uhhh. That's great.

Oh it's fine. I appreciate you being patient while I got dressed in something slightly more fitting for people coming over."
    Grace says with a bit of a chuckle. Apparently her 'better for someone coming over' is just a thick sweater and sweat pants.
    To each their own.
    "Oh. I need to show you how to sent texts, then. It'll be great.
    Until then though, what, what brings you this way?"
    Xavouir was about to say something about already knowing how to write, but then says to Grace's last question:
    Well, other than Wenomir and the others at Vigil, you're like the only person I know. Kitty also said that we'd be spending some time in the Nexus, and by this point most of the people back on Golarian that I knew would've joined Pharasma at this point, and I'm not allowed on her plane, so here I am.

21. - Top - End - #801

Xavouir was about to say something about already knowing how to write, but then says to Grace's last question:
    Well, other than Wenomir and the others at Vigil, you're like the only person I know. Kitty also said that we'd be spending some time in the Nexus, and by this point most of the people back on Golarian that I knew would've joined Pharasma at this point, and I'm not allowed on her plane, so here I am.
    "Oh. I see. Well. I'm honoured you decided to come visit. Can I get you a snack? Something to drink?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh. I see. Well. I'm honoured you decided to come visit. Can I get you a snack? Something to drink?"
    Oooo, I've never been honoured before. Shunned, shanked, and cursed at, but never honoured...
    What'che got?

23. - Top - End - #803

Oooo, I've never been honoured before. Shunned, shanked, and cursed at, but never honoured...
    What'che got?
    "Tea. Coffee. Juice. Milk. Water. Basically everything.
    As for fooood, uhh. You'd have to look in the fridge. But a lot of breads, some cookies around here somewhere, a few types of stews, a curry or three. You'd have to look."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

"Tea. Coffee. Juice. Milk. Water. Basically everything.
    As for fooood, uhh. You'd have to look in the fridge. But a lot of breads, some cookies around here somewhere, a few types of stews, a curry or three. You'd have to look."
    Kay. Mind if I take the hood off, or the four eyes gonna throw you off?
    Xavouir asks as he looks around for an obvious kitchen.

25. - Top - End - #805

Kay. Mind if I take the hood off, or the four eyes gonna throw you off?
    Xavouir asks as he looks around for an obvious kitchen.
    "Whatever makes you most comfortable. It won't bother me at all." Grace says with a bit of a shrug, leading them off to the kitchen.
    For herself, she just pours a glass of water from a pitcher in the fridge, keeping it cool.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whatever makes you most comfortable. It won't bother me at all." Grace says with a bit of a shrug, leading them off to the kitchen.
    For herself, she just pours a glass of water from a pitcher in the fridge, keeping it cool.
    Xavouir unsheathes his hood as they go along, or more rather his shoulder length hair does it for him. Four eyes, red skin, volemort nose, all K9 tooth smile. That business is his face.

He looks at the fridge with a perplexed look, and says:
    So... where's all the ice for your ice box? It seems a little small...

27. - Top - End - #807

Xavouir unsheathes his hood as they go along, or more rather his shoulder length hair does it for him. Four eyes, red skin, volemort nose, all K9 tooth smile. That business is his face.

He looks at the fridge with a perplexed look, and says:
    So... where's all the ice for your ice box? It seems a little small...
    "Modern technologies. Don't have to physically have ice in the box any more. It's pretty great. There's just a machine that keeps the heat out."

The freezer also has several different selections of ice cream.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

"Modern technologies. Don't have to physically have ice in the box any more. It's pretty great. There's just a machine that keeps the heat out."

The freezer also has several different selections of ice cream.
    Well that's neat. I'm starting to get the impression that Golarian is waaaaaaay behind on like 99% of stuff.

Xavouir looks at the ice cream, and gets vanilla... something. Maybe coconut? Iunno, he gets Vanilla coconut. That sounds right.

29. - Top - End - #809

Well that's neat. I'm starting to get the impression that Golarian is waaaaaaay behind on like 99% of stuff.

Xavouir looks at the ice cream, and gets vanilla... something. Maybe coconut? Iunno, he gets Vanilla coconut. That sounds right.
    "Poooossibly. But you're here now! So you can enjoy all these fun things.

So what do you want to do?"
    Grace tilts her head to the side, her hair -- which she put back into a ponytail due to time limits -- shifting to one side. She does just toss him a spoon though in the universal 'help yourself to the tub' symbol.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

"Poooossibly. But you're here now! So you can enjoy all these fun things.

So what do you want to do?"
    Grace tilts her head to the side, her hair -- which she put back into a ponytail due to time limits -- shifting to one side. She does just toss him a spoon though in the universal 'help yourself to the tub' symbol.
    Xavouir's four eyes widen as he attempts to catch the spoon with his right hand... which he was using to hold up the ice cream. The spoon clinks off the ice cream tub, and Xavouir attempts to catch it with his left hand. This, however, only propels the spoon backwards right onto one of his horns. Xavouir dropped the ice cream tub while holding a hand onto the horn, caught the spoon with the left hand, and tried to catch the tub, but it clattered onto the floor. It didn't open and explode everywhere though, which was a miracle.

Um... certainly not that.