Hi there! I'm a big fan of WoW lore, and I'm planning to run my group (one of them, at least) through a campaign set in the world of Azeroth.
I've seen threads about such campaigns on here before, but they always wanted to make their own campaigns. What I'd like to do is model mine around the actual storyline of WoW.
So, for instance, the party would start out in Stormwind, deal with the Defias Brotherhood through their low levels, tackle the Dark Horde in mid-tier, then vanquish Onyxia, Nefarian, and Ragneros in the upper levels.

However, I'm facing a number of problems, and I was hoping you could help me out! :)

Firstly, the example I gave above isn't quite accurate. I want to do most, if not all of the WoW storyline, from the black dragon twins to Arthas to Deathwing to Garrosh and the latest content. Obviously, some things have to be cut.

For now, however, I'll deal with the expansions when I come to them (though I'll probably cut some of TBC and all of WoD).

This long-term campaigning, however, means that I'd have to stretch the leveling out quite a bit like, as Bilbo put it, "butter scraped across too much bread." I'm afraid doing this might frustrate the players, making them feel as if I'm not dolling out enough levels (I don't do XP, I use the milestone system). The issue is that in the beginning they face bandits, then dragons and elemental princes... but that's not the end; after that come demons, lich kings, crazy Orcs, and Old Gods. So the "top tier" of Act I is only the low tier of the overall campaign. Am I to level them very slowly after the first act, or am I to boost the max level somehow?

Another issue: I'd like to use many of the iconic locations from WoW in my campaign (my players, by the way, have not played WoW) - Deadmines, Icecrown Citadel, Blackwing Ascent... but obviously these are all very hack-and-slash affairs, so I'll have to heavily convert them into "proper" dungeons, with puzzles, traps, roleplay, etc. So if you just happen to have any cool ideas floating around in your heads, or if you even know of relevant links (i.e. ice-themed traps, puzzles for a jungle temple, etc.) then I'd love to hear them!

As you might have noticed, I'm mostly talking about the Alliance-side stuff. I am myself an Alliance fan, and prefer their leveling zones and storylines. However, I'm allowing Horde characters (or at least Horde race characters), so I'm wondering how I could implement the Horde storylines throughout - maybe have them be part of some sort of cultural exchange or whatnot, to heal the wounds between the two factions. Perhaps the later expansions will give them time to shine, with the Earthen Ring primarily made up of Tauren and Orcs, Thrall's big storyline, all the Kalimdor stuff, Garrosh's betrayal, and Ahn'Qiraj. Thoughts?

Finally, the homebrew classes. Some will stay mostly the same (like paladin, barbarian, fighter, rogue), but some need to be tweaked (no spells for ranger - I'm thinking special archer moves like the gunslinger), some need a heavy overhaul (cleric needs a whole shadow aspect to it, and druid needs a lot of its spells removed so they can go to shaman), some need to be added (warlock, shaman), and some need to be cut (like the bard). Obviously, however, this is not the subthread for that - I just thought I'd add it in in case any of you had ideas.

Thank you for reading!