New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II

The necromancer's other yellow skull stops glowing and your axe, hitting some sort of barrier that feels like a thick stone wall, flies out of your hands and lodges in the wall.

The enemies' turn! The cultists disengage from Daar, Jutta, and Ornug, and they run away back towards the plinth, but only halfway. They form a half-circle around the plinth.
    The cult fanatics on the stairs come down the rest of the way and heal their comrades with a 2nd level cure wounds from each, targeting the ones that were damaged by Jutta and Daar. (2d8+1)[8] (2d8+1)[11]
    The cult fanatics by the necromancer turn and attack Zanan with their staffs.
    (1d20+3)[17] hit: (1d8+1)[3] crit: (1d8)[5] HIT
    (1d20+3)[18] hit: (1d8+1)[5] crit: (1d8)[2] HIT
    The Minotaur Skeleton charges out with a massive axe. It holds its axe to the side and goes to gore Ornug. With its Charge ability, it does an extra 2d8 piercing.
    (1d20+6)[11] hit: (4d8+4)[16] crit: (4d8)[14] If it hits, he is knocked prone into Jutta, who is knocked into Daar. HIT
    The zombies wander out and get halfway towards the rest of the party.

Ox's bolt finds its target with the Minotaur Skeleton.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-06-22 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu takes a moment to reassess the situation, and recognizes the biggest immediate threat in the room to be the gigantic minotaur. The boy sends a furious psionic assault at the minotaur skeleton, and quickly ducks behind the door to avoid any further scorching rays from the cultists.

Spoiler
    Show
    What's up with those exploding necromancer skulls? Will they protect him if Zanan grapples him to force him away from the Beholder corpse? Arcana: (1d20+7)[21]

How many of those skulls are left, and what color are they? Perception: (1d20+2)[20]

Ego Whip (3 psi). Minotaur skeleton must succeed on DC15 INT save (1d20)[1] or take (3d8)[17] psychic damage. The creature is filled with self-doubt, leaving it able to use its action on its next turn only to take the Dodge, Disengage, or Hide action. On a successful saving throw, it takes half as much damage.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Frilled Lizardfolk Circle of Dreams Druid
    Concentrating on: Flaming Sphere (1/10 turns)

Altiui has the sphere of fire again try and harm the necromancer while she takes a bottle out of her pack, opens it, and hands it to Ternock (her familiar) and mentally communicates with it, what she wants done. Ternock then flies up over the enemies and the flaming sphere moves out of the way to allow the bat dump out the liquid onto it.

Spoiler
    Show

Flaming Sphere: Any creature that ends its turn within 5 feet of the sphere must make a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
    Bonus action to attack the necromancer with it. Necromancer has to make save vs (2d6)[3] fire damage.

Action used to take a bottle of holy water out of pack and "use it". Familiar then takes it, flies over above the beholder corpse, and uses the holy water on it.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

The skulls seem to be protecting him from certain kinds of damage; The red stopped when he was hit with fire, the blue when he was hit with force, and the yellow when he was hit with piercing and slashing. It is unknown thus far if these are their limits.
    Two of them have shattered; It seems they have a damage limit. There are two blues, two reds and one yellow. Only 1 of each of the blue and red are glowing.
    The minotaur skeleton takes zuzu's attack.

The bat can't reach "over the Beholder" this round.
    The skull that was previously glowing red gets a small crack in it.

Jutta gets up from the floor and attacks the Minotaur.
    (1d20+4)[23] hit: (1d10+2)[4] crit: (1d10)[3]
    Ornug gets up and attacks the Minotaur skeleton with his hammer, who he knows is weak to bludgeoning weapons. Don't ask how.
    (1d20+5)[17] hit: (1d8+3)[11] crit: (1d8)[1]

Top of the round. Too tired right now to make a summary post.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arkhen will continue firing at the mage, hoping to breach his defenses.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    (1d20+2)[3]
    (1d10+13)[18]
    (1d6)[2]
    Last edited by Sicarius Victis; 2017-06-23 at 04:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336

MonkGuy

Daar continues to attack the closest cultist, as she does, she begins to wish her brother Kriv was here to help.

Spoiler: mace/flurry of Blows
    Show
    Flurry of Blows: point to make two additional unarmed strikes
    Atks (1d20+4)[13] Mace hit :(1d8+2)[7] (1d20+4)[15] (1d20+4)[18] Martial Arts: (1d4+2)[6] (1d4+2)[6]

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

8. - Top - End - #338

MonkGuy

OOC: sorry for double post forgot turn undead in last post like I wanted.

Daar prays to Bahamut and Turns the undead.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

With his axe ripped from his hands and lodged into the wall, Zanan tries to grab the mage and wrap him up.

Grapple
    (1d20+5)[22]
    Advantage (1d20+5)[8]

Meanwhile, he grabs a Handaxe and tries to attack a cultist next to him.

Bonus action attack
    (1d20+5)[6]
    Reckless (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage (1d6+5)[10]

If he grabs the mage, he'll attempt to move the mage. [Ooc]Will look up rules in a but to see if this is possible. Edit: Yup. No action necessary. As long as I have them Grappled, when I move they move with me. I can move at half speed.
    Last edited by mgshamster; 2017-06-23 at 10:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If Zanan success in grappling and forcibly moving the wizard, Zuzu will whoop and instruct everyone to cover Zanan by targeting cultists near him. He will use a bonus action to change his psionic focus to "Mantle of Command" and then use his reaction to let Zanan move at half speed (7 feet, after accounting for grappling)

If something prevented Zanan from this course of action:

Intelligence: Why did it fail ;-; (d20+7)[9]
    Now Playing

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

I did the NPC's out of order before. Rashad's turn:
    (1d20+5)[12] hit: (1d8+3)[10] crit: (1d8)[5]

Daar kills a cultist. He can't turn undead because turn undead is an action.

Arkhen's arrow misses completely.

It'll be a miracle if the necromancer doesn't get grappled. (1d20+4)[11]

The cult fanatic takes the hit and keeps on ticking.

The minotaur, who was hit with Zuzu's Ego Whip, disengages and goes to the left flank of the formation.
    The cultists nearest to Daar attack with their scimitars.
    (1d20+4)[16] hit: (1d6+2)[6] crit: (1d6)[1]
    (1d20+4)[15] hit: (1d6+2)[8] crit: (1d6)[1]
    (1d20+4)[5] hit: (1d6+2)[8] crit: (1d6)[2]
    The cult fanatics in the formation cast Sacred Flame on Daar.
    Daar's Dex save: (1d20+2)[12] to avoid (1d8)[4]
    Daar's Dex save: (1d20+2)[7] to avoid (1d8)[5]
    The zombies continue to advance. They attack Ornug and Jutta.
    (1d20+3)[19] hit: (1d6+1)[6] crit: (1d6)[3]
    (1d20+3)[4] hit: (1d6+1)[5] crit: (1d6)[4]
    (1d20+3)[19] hit: (1d6+1)[7] crit: (1d6)[2]
    (1d20+3)[18] hit: (1d6+1)[2] crit: (1d6)[1]
    while the other one continues to go towards Zuzu, Ox, and Arkhen's position.
    The Cult Fanatics next to Zanan attack with their staffs again.
    (1d20+3)[5] hit: (1d8+1)[7] crit: (1d8)[4]
    (1d20+3)[21] hit: (1d8+1)[3] crit: (1d8)[7]
    The Necromancer, regardless of whether or not he is successfully grappled, says this, while looking at the flumph cage.
    "25 feet over that way..."
    When he does, in a puff of smoke he and the beholder corpse disappear and reappear in the cage with the Flumphs inside. He begins to continue the ritual unhindered, now assisted by the Flumphs in close detail.

Ox's bolt flies toward the Necromancer but instead of taking damage his other yellow skull simply shatters.
    What Zuzu has seen can only be a Dimension Door spell. It can be cast while grappled, so many a evil wizard has used it when fighting strongmen.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I've got an idea! If he's trying to resurrect that beholder, then start ripping off it's eye stalks!

Zanan then runs over and tries to rip off the cage door, attacking a cultist on the way.

Attack
    (1d20+5)[20]
    Reckless (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage (1d6+5)[8]

Strength (Athletics?)
    (1d20+5)[10]
    Advantage (1d20+5)[12]

Rage: 4/10 rounds

13. - Top - End - #343

MonkGuy

Daar, being attacked and by so many inhales greatly, the air immediately around her begin to frost, any moisture on her scales freezes and shines as she exhales she aims her draconic breath at the mass of cultists and any others she can catch in a 15 'cone.

Spoiler: Breath attack
    Show
    cold dmg type, 15 ft cone DC (12) [roll]2d6[/roll] dmg on fail 1/2 on safe.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-06-23 at 01:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A wave of despair fills Zuzu as the wizard effortlessly teleports via dimension door. He knows full well it's a high level spell, something that only wizards who have reached at least seven echelons can cast.

What's more, the spell allows the caster to bring along only things within their carrying capacity. A beholder is a large creature, with a dense 8-foot spherical body that weighs hundreds of kilograms. The strongest member in the party, Zanan, can only carry up to 109 kilograms, which the beholder clearly outweighs.

There is only one awful and inescapable conclusion. Not only was the necromancer magically stronger, he was also physically stronger than the entire party. Which means that their doom is well and truly sealed.

Zuzu takes succor that at least he will have died fighting the good fight. And since the zombification process strips the corpse of all intelligence, he will be a very useless zombie.

A strange sense of serenity fills the boy. He can only hope that once the end comes, it wouldn't hurt too much. Of course, a part of him wants to live, but he doesn't see too much options at this point.

That is, until he feels the ocarina of silence in his pocket. Secret be damned, he decides to open telepathic communications with the lizardfolk.

Miss... Altiui. I have an ocarina in my pocket that shrouds a room in complete silence, preventing all speech, including magical incantations. It may disrupt whatever he's doing. But I have a problem. It must be placed in the center of that room. Do you think your familiar can help?

To cover what he's plotting, the boy sends a mental assault to the nearest approaching zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind Thrust targeting zombie. DC15 Intelligence Save to avoid [roll]d10+2 [/roll] damage.

Object interaction to slip ocarina of silence from pocket and hand it to Altiui.
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Concentrating on: Flaming Sphere (1/10 turns)

"Ternok is already at use. But yes, I will have him come to you soon." Altiui responds mentally. Then adds, "Does he need to play it? I don't think he can."

Spoiler
    Show

If I understand correctly, Ternok's next turn will be going over and using the holy water. I'm not sure if the GM is allowing Ternok to Dash or such, so I don't know how many turns from now this plan will wind up concluding. Though hopefully the holy water will at least disrupt, if not ruin, the necromantic ritual. So at the very least it should buy us some time. I'm hoping. We're gonna be in pretty bad shape if we're fighting a zombie beholder on top of all this other stuff.

Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-06-23 at 11:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Zuzu damages the zombie.

Rashad turns to Zuzu and says, "I can do it. If it's going to help, I'll run in there with that ocarina, Zuzu."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-06-23 at 11:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Rashad takes the ocarina and runs into the middle of the room. All of a sudden, the chanting stops. Actually, every sound stops. The necromancer's mouth moves, but no sound comes out: By reading his lips you can see he tried to say "Curses!"
    Jutta turns into her wolf-woman form and attacks a cultist.
    (1d20+6)[24] hit: (3d6+4)[16]

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu quickly transmits a psychic thought to Arkhen. "I need help to tell them to defend Rashad! If the ocarina is destroyed, the ritual continues!"

And thus, the boy starts by contacting his confidants.

To Zanan: Protect Rashad and the ocarina!

To Da'ar: Protect Rashad and the ocarina, but be careful! Sacred Flame will not work, and I'm not sure if you can channel divinity with a silent prayer!
    Now Playing

19. - Top - End - #349

Arkhen will continue in her efforts to take down the biggest threat: the necromancer.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    (1d20+2)[14]
    (1d8+13)[21]
    (1d6)[2]

Also, Channel Divinity does not require a verbal component.

Mind-Meld to Jutta: "Protect Rashad and the ocarina, it's keeping the mages locked down!"

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

( Dashes from point of safety, shoots crossbow bolt at the Necromancer through the bars of the cage, then dashes back to safety)

Attack:(d20+8)[18]
    Damage:(d8+4)[6]
    Sneak Attack:(2d6)[4]

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Since we're doing a change of actions, Zanan will instead focus on protecting Rashad, attacking whoever is most threatening first.

He draws out his maul and goes to town.

Attack
    (1d20+5)[18]
    Reckless: (1d20+5)[6]
    (2d6+5)[14]

Bonus Attack
    (1d20+5)[6]
    Reckless: (1d20+5)[12]
    (2d6+5)[15]

Rage: 4/10
    Last edited by mgshamster; 2017-06-27 at 08:02 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    Daar, being attacked and by so many inhales greatly, the air immediately around her begin to frost, any moisture on her scales freezes and shines as she exhales she aims her draconic breath at the mass of cultists and any others she can catch in a 15 'cone.

Spoiler: Breath attack
    Show
    cold dmg type, 15 ft cone DC (12) (2d6)[9] dmg on fail 1/2 on safe.
    This is my action.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Daar's breath attack kills 4 cultists.
    Arkhen's arrow Pierces the gut of the Necromancer; He keels over in pain. His skull necklace seems to not be working anymore.
    Ornug attacks a cultist. (1d20+5)[18] hit: (1d8+3)[9] crit: (1d8)[6]
    Zanan kills a cult fanatic.

The 8 remaining cultists try to surround the party protecting Rashad, but they don't attack yet. The Minotaur does the same, keeping its face pointed at Zuzu.
    The 3 remaining cult fanatics cast Sacred Flame on Ox.
    Ox's dex saves: (1d20+3)[16] to avoid (1d8)[4]
    (1d20+3)[15] to avoid (1d8)[8]
    (1d20+3)[11] to avoid (1d8)[3]
    The Necromancer tries to speak, then glances over to the ocarina. He tries to say "Dispel Magic" and his hand glows with magic, but it fails.

Ox's bolt hits the Necromancer in the eye.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Trying his best to disguise his great fear of the Minotaur now staring daggers at him, Zuzu decides to support his comrades in concentrating on the Necromancer.

If the baneful man is incapacitated, perhaps the zombies he summoned would disincorporate, or at the very least, lose control.

It may be the very last thing he does before the Minotaur zombie breaks his frail body in two!

Spoiler
    Show
    Change psionic focus to MANTLE OF COMMAND. Since Zuzu did not move, any one ally may use Zuzu's reaction to move at half speed.

Action: Use 2 psi points for Commander's Sight vs. Necromancer. For the next round, all attacks against the Necromancer have advantage.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Note: Sacred Flame requires a vocal component. The spell cannot be cast in a Zone of Silence.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-06-28 at 08:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeing Zu in danger, Zanan breaks from the ranks of Rashad to protect his friend. He rushes over to attack the minotaur.

(1d20+5)[20]
    Reckless (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage (2d6+5)[12]

Then he grabs a javelin and launches it at the necromancer.

Bonus attack
    (1d20+5)[23]
    Adv (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage (1d6+5)[10]

Rage 5/10

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

( Dashes from point of safety, shoots crossbow bolt at the Necromancer through the bars of the cage, then dashes back to safety)

Attack:(d20+8)[19]
    Advantage:(d20+8)[10]
    Damage:(d8+4)[12]
    Sneak Attack:(2d6)[11]

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Concentrating on: Flaming Sphere (2/10 turns)

The flaming sphere slams into the Necromancer again as it moves aside for Ternock to dump out the holy water into the mouth of the dead beholder. Noticing she can't speak to cast her spells, she elects to spit acid at the enemy closest to Rashad.

Spoiler
    Show

Action, Acid Spit at enemy closest to Rashad (that isn't in some way obviously acid proof): (1d20+3)[20]
    hit: (2d4)[7] acid damage
    crit: (2d4)[4]

Bonus action, slam Flaming Sphere into Necromancer. DC 14 Dex save vs (2d6)[8] fire damage. Half on save.

Ternock moves to beholder and "uses" holy water on it.

Btw just want to check, you've been having the Necromancer and any enemies next to the flaming sphere on the end of their turns make a save for the fire damage right?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

As the bat splashes the holy water, there is a sudden gust of heat, as well as an extra-sudden rush of sound.
    The roof of the room is torn off as a torrent of flames flies across the sky. The east, north, and south walls seem to have been more sturdy; They withstood the pressure the roof and west wall took. The cultists are all on the floor covered in flames. The Minotaur is on fire, but is still standing. The Necromancer seems to be fine, but both of his red skulls have shattered, leaving him with only one blue.
    The sky above is blotted out by the smoke from the surrounding forest, which is completely ablaze. Every few seconds you see your mounts flying through the smoke.
    In the rooms you just came through, you can hear the books roaring with flame.
    The forest is burning. Through the trees you can see some large creature moving.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Seeing an opportunity to leave, Zuzu telepathically summons his flying steed, Chichiri, while he eyes the burning minotaur warily. It's still standing, and is still a threat -- it must be destroyed before it hurts anyone else!

Spoiler
    Show
    Change psionic focus back to psychic assault. Effect: +2 to any damage from psychic talents.

Action: Mind Thrust vs Minotaur. DC15 INT save (1d20-2)[3] to avoid (1d10+2)[6] psychic damage. Please be lower than 17!

As the smoke clears, it becomes clear that the Holy Water has had a deleterious effect on the familiar -- there appears to be bits of bat entrails lining the walls. Realization of this fact makes the young mystic void the contents of his breakfast into the ground.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-06-29 at 07:25 AM.
    Now Playing