New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1324
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II

Sembal glances dispassionately at Garrat's departing form. "Captain Fire-Hair, my allies and I may be looking for someone who takes their job more seriously. Want to give me your one-minute sales pitch about why you and 'Lollipop' here are the best choice for crossing dangerous seas?"
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

"You probably couldn't pilot this boat if you tried. If you need a ferrying, I can carry you wherever you need to go. This is generally a one-man ship, so it's just me." He says, still stuffing his mouth with fish.

"Well, this ship runs purely on good feelings," he pauses as he counts on his fingers, "friendship," He nods to himself, "and spirit. She'll get you where you need to go as long as we all get along!" He seems to be telling the truth: this ship has no masts, or paddles. Nothing to drive the ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Daar thanks the Dwarf for his time and asks the others to follow her as she goes to where the others at. When she gets there she listens as her companions talks to the captain of the Good Ship.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

No stranger to emotion-based magic, Sembal nods and comments, "Spirit and friendship I have plenty of. Let's see what the others think."

Current games list

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    No stranger to emotion-based magic, Sembal nods and comments, "Spirit and friendship I have plenty of. Let's see what the others think."
    Kythor flies over.
    <It is a good concept, but what happens if a fight breaks out? I am distrustful of ships that do not move under sail or oar power, but that distrust can be overcome if a good case is made>

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Kriv approaches the party. "If the big ship is no good, and the submersed ship is untrustworthy, it will have to be the small one. I believe it could carry all seven of us, along with the dwarf. It is questionable however if your donkey will be able to come with..." He says, with a sort-of frownish expression on his face.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

You all get on the small ship, which by (insert character with highest int's name here)'s calculations, it will take only 2 days at the speed you are going.

The dwarf stands in the back, where the paddle system rotates with a lever that he turns. There are also two fishing rods, one green and one yellow, laying on the floor of the boat.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

(To all) <I shall fly around and watch for pirates, monsters, and other horrors of the sea>
    I fly ahead of the boat, but keep it in sight.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Garrat spends most of the trip feeling rather ill over the side of the boat. As he has never actually traveled on the open ocean before.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Frilled Lizardfolk Circle of Dreams Druid
    Concentrating on: --

Altiui offers to alternate shifts with [ArcaneCaster's character whose name I can't remember and whose sheet isn't linked on the first page of the OOC].

11. - Top - End - #1031

Arkhen will first spend a few hours inscribing Silence into her Pact Tome from the scroll Zuzu gave her, and spend the rest of the voyage practicing her archery and spellcasting.

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

On the day after your departure, you are almost out of the dragon-infested waters when suddenly several dark shapes rise up out of the water: Green Dragons.
    They erupt into the air, on the back of one is a green dragonborn who has gills and dark robes. Seemingly, he is a wizard. "Watch where you're going, Tharik! Now is not the time to be feeding." he shouts to his mount. They hover there for a moment, the dragon's eyes panning over the eight on the boat. When his eyes catch sight of Kriv and Daar, it reels in fright.

"My most sincerest apologies, lady Tiamat!! It was an accident! Please do not end my existence... please..." He is genuinely crying tears that are starting to rock the boat slightly.

13. - Top - End - #1033

MonkGuy

Seeing the green dragon react in the way it was Daar felt a little pity.

Go in peace. You couldn't have known that we were on board, it was an accident and Tiamat will forgive you.

Daar bows slightly and in respect to the green dragon. If it had been any other day, this would have ended in a more terrible way.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Sembal whistles in appreciation. "Man, it's one thing to hear you don't have to fight dragons -- it's another thing to see them scared of you."

Current games list

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Garrat brings his head up from over the side of the boat. "What? Dragons. Oh, drago hurk he quickly places his head back over the side of boat.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2018-01-16 at 07:33 PM.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

The dragons fly off in peace. There were at least twenty of a century of older, flying north. Only one had a rider; He is likely a representative of the chromatic dragons like how Kriv is the representative of the metallics.

In a day, land is in sight. It is a large island with a volcano. There is a forest, and a port town with many small boats, nothing extravagant.

17. - Top - End - #1037

MonkGuy

Daar looks around a moment before looking at Altui and the others.

Let's start to look around, we need to ask about the Wagonrider.

Daar thanks Kriv and hugs him, knowing that he has to be on his way, she then goes to search the area for people who looks like they were in charge.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    Daar looks around a moment before looking at Altui and the others.

Let's start to look around, we need to ask about the Wagonrider.

Daar thanks Kriv and hugs him, knowing that he has to be on his way, she then goes to search the area for people who looks like they were in charge.
    <You know more than I do about this Wagonrider. Is there anything you would like me to help with?>
    If not, Kythor will go explore the town.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-01-18 at 02:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui
    Frilled Lizardfolk Circle of Dreams Druid
    Concentrating on: --

Altiui nods at the suggested course of action but winds up getting distracted and checks out the boats for at least fifteen minutes before going into the town.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Troll in the Playground

Uplifted by the sights of land Garrat stumbles off the boat looking unsure of his footing for the first time since you have seen him. Well, lead on then. I figure you should do the talking since you actually know more about the guy. Not that he would be likely to blend in in any case."

21. - Top - End - #1041

MonkGuy

Daar nods and moves off of the dock, she goes to the closest place where people are gathered and begins to ask questions about the Wagonrider.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone you approach responds with a shaking of their head and avoidance of eye contact. A boy is playing in the shallows nearby and building a sandcastle. When you look back at the boat, the dwarf is nowhere to be found.

23. - Top - End - #1043

MonkGuy

Daar looks at Kythar's and smiles.

No, I don't think there's much here for us to find out. It seems everyone here is a bit tivht lipped. Let's ecplore a little before we move on. We should probably find a plaxe to make our headquarters while we're here.

Daar gets a bit anxious knowing that the Wagonrider was either already here, or still on his way.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2018-01-21 at 09:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    Daar looks at Kythar's and smiles.

[volor=purple]No, I don't think there's much here for us to find out. It seems everyone here is a bit tivht lipped. Let's ecplore a little before we move on. We should probably find a plaxe to make our headquarters while we're here.[/color]

Daar gets a bit anxious knowing that the Wagonrider was either already here, or still on his way.
    <What does the Wagonrider look like? I can do some airborne scouting>. Kythor flaps his wings in anticipation.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

Arkhen answers. "He's a tall skeletal man who wears dark robes. He also has a wagon that he rides, pulled by what I think may be a Nightmare. He's going to be easy to spot in a crowd."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-01-21 at 07:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Arkhen answers. "He's a tall skeletal man who wears dark robes. He also has a wagon that he rides, pulled by what I think may be a Nightmare. He's going to be easy to spot in a crowd."
    <Thank you. I shall go observe the town>

Spoiler: Checks?
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+4)[9]

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Garrat slips away from the group and begins to wander about, eaves dropping to various conversations as he meanders to the nearest tavern where he settles in and hopes to hear some rumors or scuttlebut. If the townsfolk seem affraid to talk about any potential wagon riding madmen to strangers then perhaps they would be talking about it amongst themselves.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

Flying into the air, you see the entire layout of the island. The entire west coast is the port town, and the southeast is all some forest with big trees. The volcano looms over the town, but walls have been built so the lava goes into the ocean rather than the town or the forest. Halfway up the mountain is something that looks like a monk temple, with a large platform. Two monks are fighting on it, while at least 5 others are sitting and watching. There is a very small dock on the other side of the island from the town, and off in the distance is another small island. Looking to the town, there are no signs of the wagonrider by the description you were given. He is either in a building or not on the island anymore. That, or he took the long way around the dragon-waters.

The barman in the tavern is a pear-shaped bald man with a hulk-hogan style beard. He has large arms and hands. The tavern is pretty empty at this time of day, as the sun is directly overhead, and the only patrons are few men in monks' robes are sitting around a table talking to another one who looks like he got beaten up by someone. They're drinking water. As you enter, the barman talks to you. "Hello, stranger. What'll it be today?"
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-01-21 at 10:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

Garrat strolls over to the bar near to the table the men are at, stepping over the back of the stool to seat himself giving his order the entire time, "Well good friend, I've just had about the worst bout of seasickness a man has ever known. I'll take literally anything from your kitchen so long as it is hot."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Sembal is re-rigging his mule's saddlebags to be able to shoulder them himself for a long hike; he seems practiced in quartermastering. He replies to Arkhen, "Yeah, that would be easy to spot, for sure. Is this guy a real skeleton or just super skinny? What do you think he is?"

Current games list