New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II

Zuzu sighs. "Okay, let's go with the familiar and try to hide our mounts and ourselves while we wait."
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

When the bat flies into the hallway, a skeleton falls from the ceiling and starts to walk forward towards your group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu observes the skeleton, trying to gauge its intent.

Insight: (d20+2)[17]
    Now Playing

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Upon seeing the skeleton walking their way, Daar tenses up and mentally prepared to strike if the need arises she says a quick and silent prayer to Bahamut.

Now is not the time to deal with an undead, I hate them and this tells me, that this person is not likely to come with us peacefully.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

The skeleton is walking forward slowly. It kind of looks like it might want to fight.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

While keeping a wary eye on the skeleton, the small boy fishes out an ocarina from his pocket and starts blowing into it.

Muting out the sounds of battle seems to be the most prudent thing to do!
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-04-21 at 10:57 PM.
    Now Playing

8. - Top - End - #98

MonkGuy

Daar gets into an offensive position ready to strike if the need arises putting herself between the skeleton and Zuzu. She has started to think of him as a little brother.

Prepare yourselves, it looks as though it wants to attack, we must hurry and get the person we're here for.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zanan whispers, Ignore it. For one, it doesn't know we're here. We're hiding for a reason while the bat explore. Second, if we attack now, we give away our position. Just let it wander. Keep using the bat.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Avoiding the skeleton and walking through the hallway, you come to the T intersection. To the right path, you can see gold and silver statues on pedestals. To the left, you can see shelves and shelves of books.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After blowing on the ocarina of silence for one minute, and nothing untoward happened with the skeleton, Zuzu relaxes a bit and places the magic object into his pocket.

Upon reaching the fork in the path, Zuzu makes a beeline towards the bookshelves and studies the titles intently.
    Now Playing

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

[ooc]I am so thoroughly confused on what's going on. I thought we sent in the familiar while we hide with the mounts. Yet somehow the skeleton can see us and we're walking past it? While also hiding? What's going on?
    Last edited by mgshamster; 2017-04-23 at 10:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

[ooc]Okay, I believe we're rescinding mine and zerg's last posts. I was confused with what everyone was doing and zerg was reacting to what I said, which was wrong. This replaces those two.

The skeleton walks forward and stops at Daar. It reaches out a hand. Around the hand's ring finger is a gold ring with a red gemstone.
    As the bat flies down the hallway, it comes to the T intersection. To its right is a room with 9 statues; 8 small gold ones and 1 much larger silver one, on marble pedestals.
    To its left is a room lined with bookshelves; Some are scattered on the floor. Directly in between the two central bookshelves the bat sees a large door with a complicated puzzle-key system. Well, complicated to the bat.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After blowing on the ocarina of silence for one minute, and nothing untoward happened with the skeleton, Zuzu relaxes a bit and places the magic object into his pocket.

The boy cautiously approaches the skeleton. Seized with a desire to know its name, he reaches out with his right hand to touch its skully face.
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #105

MonkGuy

Daar looking at the ring and seeing Zuzu reaching out she places a cautionary hand on his shoulder. She then reaches very cautiously reaches for the skeleton's hand.

I don't expect an answer, but what is your name, what is your purpose here? Will you allow us to pass?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

When you touch the face of the skeleton, you see a certain drow's life of murder and despair flash before your eyes and then hear the name echoing in your head: Adtumar. It's not an unfamiliar name. Plenty of stories were told to you about Adtumar the Despicable when you were younger; You had never expected him to exist. Stories said that he could kill a man just by touching him with his left hand, and that he killed tens of dozens before he was caught, incarcerated, and executed by city guards 100 years ago. Scragg said that the one you were trying to capture was a Necromancer; clearly he did not put Adtumar's body to waste.

The skeleton does not respond to Daar talking. Instead, it grabs Zuzu's hand with the hand that has the ring on it. (1d20+7)[18] hit: (3d10)[10] necrotic damage.
    Initiative!
    Enemy(ies) (1d20+2)[17]
    Arkhen (1d20+3)[15]
    Altiui (1d20+1)[2]
    Daar (1d20+2)[13]
    Jutta (1d20+4)[17]
    Ornug (1d20+1)[14]
    Ox (1d20+3)[14]
    Rashad (1d20+3)[15]
    Zanan (1d20+3)[12]
    Zuzu (1d20+3)[20]
    Order: Zuzu, Enemy(ies)/Jutta, Arkhen/Rashad, Ornug/Ox, Daar, Zanan, Altiui
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-04-25 at 09:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The life drains out of poor trusting Zuzu. Fighting to stay conscious, the boy attempts to blast away the necromantic skeleton, whilst letting out a strangled cry that immediately catches Zanan's ears.

Knowing that the next attack can kill him, the boy also sends out a psionic transmission to both Ox and Zanan so that they could avenge him: Adtumar.... the.... Despicable.... Ring.... take....

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action: Concentrate on MANTLE OF COMMAND
    Action: Mystic Hammer. DC15 STR save (1d20)[10]. On fail, take (1d6)[6] psychic damage and be blasted 10 feet away from Zuzu.
    Move: Zuzu will not move; his passive Mantle of Command feature allows an ally (Zanan) within 30 feet to move at half speed to wherever he wants.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-04-25 at 09:58 PM.
    Now Playing

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

The skeleton shambles forward and swings to grab Zuzu again.
    (1d20+7)[25] hit: (3d10)[15] necrotic damage As Zuzu's body goes unconscious, the skeleton still grips the young child's arm.
    Jutta charges the skeleton and swings at it with a longsword she got in the armory.
    (1d20+4)[17] hit: (1d10+2)[12]
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-04-25 at 10:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All life drains out of Zuzu, and he crumples to the ground, completely unconscious.

Spoiler: Death Saving Throws
    Show

1 (d20)[2]
    2 (d20)[12]
    3 (d20)[6]
    4 (d20)[5]
    5 (d20)[11]
    6 (d20)[13]

Zuzu dies in the fourth round.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-04-25 at 10:07 PM.
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui attempts to make the skeleton cold and brittle while causing a cool healing breeze to flow over Zuzu.

Spoiler
    Show

Frostbite on Skeleton: DC 14 Con save or take (1d6)[5] cold damage and have disadvantage on it's next weapon attack before the end of it's next turn.

Bonus action: Balm of the Summer Court on Zuzu who heals (1d6)[4] damage and gains 1 temp hp and his speed increase by 5 feet for 1 minute.

21. - Top - End - #111

MonkGuy

Daar growls out of anger as she invokes Bahamut's gift to turn the skeleton. She then places her hand on the boy's body letting the healing energies flow from her. Daar then steps between Zuzu and the skeleton to protect the hatchling.

Spoiler: Turn Undead Cure Wounds
    Show
    Turn Undead: wisdom saving throw Undead is turned for 1 min.
    Cure Wounds (1d8+6)[7] 3 for Wis mod 3 for Divine Domain
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-04-28 at 08:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Zuzu!."

(Dashes to the undead and attacks it with his Rapier, then dashes out of it's range)

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Attack:(d20+5)[22]
    Damage:(d8+3)[5]
    Sneak Attack:(2d6)[5]

(If applicable)
    Second Wind Hit points recovery:(d10)[9]

Class Features used:
    Sneak Attack,

Cunning Action:

Quick thinking and agility allows me to move and act quickly. Can take a bonus action on each of my turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action,

Fancy Footwork:

During my turn, if my PC makes a melee attack against a creature, that creature can't make opportunity attacks against my PC for the rest of my turn.

Rakish Audacity:

My PC adds Charisma to initiative rolls, and doesn't need advantage to Sneak Attack if no creature other than my PC's target is within 5 feet of my PC.

Second Wind:
    Have a limited well of stamina that I can draw on to protect myself from harm. On my turn, I can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + my fighter level. Once I use this feature, I must finish a short or long rest before I can use it again.

23. - Top - End - #113

Arkhen Hexes the skeleton, before firing an Eldritch arrow at it.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d10+3)[6] force damage, plus (1d6)[2] necrotic.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

[ooc] For now, I believe I'll autopilot Zanan.

Zuzu's psychic attack hits.
    The skeleton grabs Zuzu's arm, and Zuzu falls limp. Jutta cuts into the skeleton's ribs.
    Arkhen's eldritch arrow misses. Rashad fires an arrow: (1d20+5)[22] hit: (1d8+3)[5]
    Ornug swings his hammer at the skeleton. (1d20+5)[15] hit: (1d8+3)[9]. Ox's rapier attack hits.
    Daar turns the skeleton and heals Zuzu.
    Zanan fires an arrow with his shortbow: (1d20+5)[22] hit: (1d6+3)[7]
    Altiui frostbites the skeleton and heals Zuzu.

Next round!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

(Again, dashes to the undead and attacks it with his Rapier, then dashes out of it's range)

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack:(d20+5)[18]
    Damage:(d8+3)[6]
    Sneak Attack:[roll]2d6 [/roll]

(If applicable)

Spoiler: Class Features used:
    Show

Sneak Attack,

Cunning Action:[/B]
    Quick thinking and agility allows me to move and act quickly. Can take a bonus action on each of my turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action,

Fancy Footwork:

During my turn, if my PC makes a melee attack against a creature, that creature can't make opportunity attacks against my PC for the rest of my turn.

Rakish Audacity:

My PC adds Charisma to initiative rolls, and doesn't need advantage to Sneak Attack if no creature other than my PC's target is within 5 feet of my PC.

Second Wind:
    Have a limited well of stamina that I can draw on to protect myself from harm. On my turn, I can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + my fighter level. Once I use this feature, I must finish a short or long rest before I can use it again.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Woozy and feeling faint from the draining of his youthful vitality, Zuzu crawls away from the turned skeleton, and weakly tries a telekinetic shove before slumping into the ground.

On retrospect, the boy thinks, hugging the ground seems to be a recurring trend for him now. Perhaps he should invest in a nice pillow while in combat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action: Change psionic focus to psychic assault. +2 to any damage from psychic talents.
    Move: Crawl at top speed away from skeleton.
    Action: Psychic Hammer. DC15 (d20)[16] STR save, or take (1d6+2)[7] psychic damage and be pushed 10 feet away from Zuzu.

Zuzu Graycastle: 11/23 HP (1 THP)
    Now Playing

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Altiui will continue attempting to freeze the skeleton to re-death if it's still un-alive by the time she can make the attempt.

Spoiler
    Show

Frostbite on Skeleton: DC 14 Con save or take (1d6)[1] cold damage and have disadvantage on it's next weapon attack before the end of it's next turn.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-04-28 at 11:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

MonkGuy

Feeling Zuzu crawling away , Daar feels relieved that he was ok in anger she shouts as she moves and pulls her mace to attack the skeleton. Daar swings her Mace of Warning at the skeleton's hand that had touched Zuzu's​, followed by an elbow strike. As she spun around she continued with the momentum and as she completed the spin brought he foot up to connect with the creatures skull.

By the power of Bahamut, you will be destroyed for attacking this hatchling.
    Spoiler: Flurry of Blows
    Show
    Flurry of Blows: 1 ki point to make two additional unarmed strikes. (1d20+4)[18]. Flurry (1d20+4)[7] (1d20+4)[16]
    If hit mace dmg is (1d8+2)[7](1d4+2)[6](1d4+2)[5]
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-05-01 at 06:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If Zanan can rush in to protect Zu, he will, and then attack with his hammer.

If Zanan can't rush in, he'll fire his long bow (not short bow).

If melee:
    (1d20+5)[12]
    Reckless: (1d20+5)[18]
    (2d6+3)[12]

If Range:
    (1d20+5)[20]
    (1d8+3)[5]

30. - Top - End - #120

Arkhen will continue to fire at the skeleton.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    (1d20+2)[15]
    (1d10+13)[17]
    (1d6)[3]