New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Europa Universalis IV Thread 4: Divine Wind

behold the Coptoman machine.

got free PU over France in 1495, and free PU over Saxony (who's an elector) just a few days ago ... 13 years ahead of time in all tech, got full Admin/Influence and are either going Diplomatic or Religious/Humanist (still not entirely certain, Deus Vult against the world vs the tasty goodies that Humanist have later on) next

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

There is nothing more satisfying than getting declared on, have allies bail on you, and you still manage to win an overwhelming victory.

Playing Ottomans, sometime in the 1460's. Planned on chewing on AQ and Razaman for a bit before confronting the buffed Mamluks. But in the middle of my war, Mamluks declare and Tunis and some arabian minors I allied jumped ship. Fortunately I'm at the top of my manpower and beating the pants off AQ, so I push for a bunch of new troops, and spend a huge excess of sword mana for Miltech 6 - giving me a decisive troop type and tactics advantage over the Mamluks. They went after my smaller stack sieging AQ, but with the better troops and tactics my guys finished off one group before reinforcements could arrive and managed to hold onto that siege. Finish up the AQ war right quick, I concentrate on grinding down the Mamluks who still have the raw numbers advantage (for the moment) and sieging down their stuff. Came away with a good half the Levant mission area, so woo! Gotta eat away at the mamluks so I can get to Tunis and punish them for their treachery, tho.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    There is nothing more satisfying than getting declared on, have allies bail on you, and you still manage to win an overwhelming victory.
    Well, you are playing the Ottomans.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. So far, Professionalism feels mostly like a bonus manpower reserve.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

*groan*

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, at least you don't have to punch France. Like I have to.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

How on earth did you get an RM with Catholic France? Did you exploit something to stop being Islamic?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

I forced Coptic Rebels to spawn and got them to convert me to Coptic.

My intention is down the road is to try and provoke the League War (with me being on the opposing side) and stall the war to the point where Peace of Westphalia happens (by supplying the significant potion of the troops, only engaging in and so far as to keep the Catholics from winning) and then convince the Electors that they should elect me as the Coptic leader of HRE

Just saw a tweet from Johan (Creative director) where he pointed out that parts of the combat logic in the game, have been unchanged since early EU1! with a date saying that it was written in January 1999!
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-11-25 at 07:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Coptomans is the classic strategy of "gee, Ottoman military isn't overpowered enough for a World Conquest, let me abuse Personal Unions too. Also, Copts get Core Cost Reduction with Rights of Man installed."

I guess what I'm saying is: that integration timer on France is karma for doing things the easy way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

10. - Top - End - #160
    Colossus in the Playground

Halp, my map maker broke.

Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Halp, my map maker broke.

I wasn't aware that there was a nation in the game called Zica(not to be confused with Zika).
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

I'm doing a Sweden to Prussia run as 1.18, I'm wondering what events should I want before I switch to Prussia?
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Akisa View Post
    I'm doing a Sweden to Prussia run as 1.18, I'm wondering what events should I want before I switch to Prussia?
    That's actually a really hard question, because Sweden gets good events throughout the entirety of the game. One would think they get preferential treatment.

Essentially the want or need for a Sweden>Prussia game would be to get as many of Sweden's Good Events as possible while having Prussia's military ideas for the late-game mega wars. I would say that if I was going to do it, it would be just before getting Imperialism or at the latest by 1700. However, they get unique events all through the mid-1700's.

Personally, I probably would consider it not worth the effort unless I wanted to be cute. Sweden's Ideas aren't as good as Prussia's, but they're definitely acceptable and culture converting enough provinces to do a culture shift can be obnoxious if you've gotten very big. Which I have a tendency to do as Sweden since Poland-Lithuania tend to gobble up the Teutons rather quickly.

But hey, sometimes you gotta be cute. I remember a multiplayer game where I spent an hour renaming all of my provinces to My Land 1,2,3,etc.
    Last edited by Leecros; 2018-01-06 at 01:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

so, I'm playing an Ironman Poland game, and I was about to take the form commonwealth decision, but I saw that Muscovy was fighting England in a succession war to take Sweden (which considering I had prestige for days, had a royal marriage and was by far their closed ally should totally have partnered with me, but such is the Polish monarchy). Long story short, when I was getting a peace deal I figured I'd give Lithuania as many provinces as the Commonwealth decision would allow and save myself some overextension and coring costs. Unfortunately I misread the decision requirements as less than or equal to 48 provinces (and even rereading it, that's how it sounds to me). So I thought no problem, I'll just take one of their provinces, but apparently you can't do that with junior partners. How to I make a junior partner one Provence smaller?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    How to I make a junior partner one Provence smaller?
    The only way i know how to quickly and easily is to "Lose" a war against another nation and give it up in a peace deal.

Another option if you're unwilling to do that would be to inherit/integrate Lithuania like you would any other junior partner and that'll give you a decision to "enforce the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth". Of course, that has it's obvious drawbacks of time and/or diplomacy point expenditures.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

When you're playing Multiplayer suddenly people start leaving voice chat and head to a different room. Welp time to turn up army maintenance! I need a meme image that.
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would they do that? EU4 allows you to mute other players as and when you wish.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

So, with the annoucement of the new Rule Britannia immersion pack, I did a bit of digging and unearthed loads secret new features. This list was clearly obtained by careful hacking of PDX's internal databases and nothing whatsoever with that nice lady off of Broadchurch over there.

- England and Great Britain will suffer increasing unrest if they do not have access to Tea.

- If Britain is part of an empire larger than the British Isles, it will peroidically inexplicably start to become independant, like integration in reverse, but that takes a variable amount of time (hidden from the player) to complete and costing the empire a large amount of money. Sometimes, the process will halt halfway through and begin to reverse, which will incur even more costs.

- England and Great Britain will have their national ideas modified to gain a diplomatic reputation penalty, to accurately represent that they are the bad guys. Scotland will instead gain a bonus to diplomatic reputation to accuractely represent how people trust the Scottish accent.

- Scotland will gain a large boost to innovation, but this is can be negated by a special diplomatic mission from Great Britain to take all the credit.

- Several new nation specific advisors will occasionally spawn for England or Great Britian including Baldric, who generates negative monarchy points, and a mouse with an eyepatch that increases the success chance of espionage operations by +500%.

- A new event can occur in the British Isles: Rain. This reduces trade values, reduces army morale and diplomatic reputation with non-British nations to best represent time lost to discussion of weather. This event will fire twice as often as the Influenza event before the frequency was decreased.

- A nation specific building is available to England and Great Britain, the University of Cunning.

- Unrest in Britain will not spawn rebels, but instead spam the player with pop-up notifications containing politely-worded letters of complaint.

- Army AI has been improved so, that when more than one army is about to enter the same province, the British army will wait politely until the other armies have moved. If more than one army entering a province is a British army, they will instead form an orderly queue.

- A new soundtrack DLC will be released, but instead of Sabaton, it will be one variously composed by Cliff Richard, Oasis, Ozzie Osbourne and the Spice Girls, with some inspired by the Beatles1.

- Following the trend of CK2, new supernatural elements will be enabled as an options game rule. This enables the following features:
    - Perodically, an crisis event chain will spawn for the controller of Cardiff or London, in which aliens, prehistoric creatures or other monsters will appear, stopping only when one of a series of strange men and one woman inexpliably appear in a blue box at the last minute.
    - There are several more provinces in Britain in-between the regular provinces, which are only accessable when supernatural mode is turned on. In multiplayer, these provinces will not appear to other players unless they also have supernatural mode one.
    - Merlin, a level ten advisor with no upkeep and a large boost to innovation, will occasionally spawn, but only if England or Great Britain is a monarchy and whose king is named Arthur.

- The DLC will contain many jokes and in-jokes delivered without any indication that they are intended to be humorous that British players will find hilarious and non-British people will be alternately bemused and bewildered by.

- The DLC will include the correct usage of "irony." Like steely or goldy, but made with iron.

I think that is everything, did I miss any?

1Yes, I am that far out of touch that was the best I can do. Hush.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally reached my goal for my Coptoman run (Mare Mostrum, although really, if i had the patience for it, I would still have some 150 years to WC it, specially since I'm also HRE with the attendant vassal swarm, and more then 4x stronger than number 2, Ming) ... any one got some interesting suggestions as for what my next run should be?