New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Tails of Verdant Springs

In the far south is the town of Verdant Spring. Until 5 years ago, the Mayor of small city had managed to bribe off raiders and keep other cities more concerned with each other then the farming community of a few hundred people. that changed when a wandering savant, looking to test his theory that all springs lead to the sea, discovered the purest vein of Black Jade south of the Inland Sea.

Now it seems every hole someone digs leads to new treasure! Gold and silver, Rubies and lapis, even a few grams of preciousness Moon Silver, and much more have been found deep under the town. Now ambitions all over Creation from Guild Merchant Prince, and the Great Houses, talented Artificers and curious Savants, hearty Mercenaries and and Dragonblooded Deserters, sons of farmers, and daughters of craftsman are looking towards this not so small anymore town in the burning heat of the far south, hoping to make fortunes of their own, just a few hundred miles north of the Boardermarches.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Tails of Verdant Springs

It's early morning, a little past dawn. You've all found your selves in the marketplace, once a small affair new booths and stores seem to pop up every day offering fresh food, precious gems, and exotic goods from across the south and beyond. It's crowded even at this hour, and the nights chill is still in the air. And something else as well, something real, but that you can't quit put you finger on. Like a fuse burning, just below the surface.

Spoiler: Establishing Question
    Show
    What are you looking for at the market?
    Last edited by MarvAlice; 2016-12-22 at 02:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Feltir is at the market, not as a customer, but a seller. At the moment he has a small selection of sturdy earthenware, and a bit of crystal for sale.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Money is one of the concepts 1080-Steps Bodhisattva is pretty sure she needs to do without, sooner or later.
    Right now, however, she has to deal with it, in order to buy food. Some for herself, most for her followers; they haven't quite reached the level of enlightenment necessary to regularly skip lunches and substitute half the meals for meditation.
    Being literate unlike her, they do most of the looking around and negotiating. They have little in the way of coins; they'll try to get as much bread, fruits and nuts as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The poor went to shops to buy what they needed. The well to do went to shops to buy what they could resell at profit. The wealthy went to shops to buy them. Acaryanandana was very wealthy.

Today his eye was on the jade merchants. While you could never escape the tendrils of the Guild when there was this much money involved, he was both much closer and, compared to many of the traders who had been able to reach Verdant Springs, richer. In deals like this it was the incidentals which usually sealed the pact. Protection, access to the luxuries that traveled with him, and the friendship of a king, each was one more weight on the scales. A weight against, which he could no ignore, was the threat that the Wyld Hunt. So be it, he always liked a challenge.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Dai Gren walks jovially through the busy market, chatting with some friends as the five of them work together to carry a pair of dead lionesses. As soon as word reached Dai the previous day that the duo had been preying on livestock for several weeks he'd promptly grabbed the first few people on hand to help him hunt them overnight. While knowing that the cats won't be threatening anyone's livelihood any more is its own reward, none of the Spears of Creation are accustomed to wasting things so it was only natural to try and sell their kill. Perhaps luckily for them, it doesn't take long before Dai sees a familiar face and decides to give Acaryanandana a friendly tap on the shoulder.

"Hey there, funny seeing you here. I seem to remember something about you practically sweating money, you want these?"
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2016-12-29 at 03:30 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The market was not, all things considered, the best place in the world to be lost in, but Crane had few complaints. It had been a fun night, just as most were, and there was something refreshing about the business on display in these early hours. He had little interest in the goods on display, and had little enough money to pay for most of them even if one did catch his eye, but that wasn't the main focus. Perhaps a coin or two for sword oil, and a small flask of smooth ground whetstone powder to properly maintain his companion, but aside from that, his attention was more occupied with the market's occupants then its wares.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Acarya lifted a hand to stall his guards as they moved to interpose themselves between him and this... visitor.

"An obol of free advice: the rich stay that way by not sweating money, though they are often good at appearing to do so."

Then he turned and looked over the carcasses. He didn't particularly need them for anything, but he was going to buy them anyway. The money he spent now would buy good will, a far more precious commodity.

"I think I could find a use for them. What are you asking?"

As he spoke he ran his hands and fingers over the lionesses, feeling hide, sinew, and bone while measuring what he would make from them.

Spoiler
    Show
    What combination of minor and major projects would be necessary to make a suit of leather armor out of these?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Exthalion View Post

As he spoke he ran his hands and fingers over the lionesses, feeling hide, sinew, and bone while measuring what he would make from them.

Spoiler
    Show
    What combination of minor and major projects would be necessary to make a suit of leather armor out of these?
    The beasts are fine specimens. With your skills, Dressing the beasts, and preparing a tanning solution from their viscera, and removing useful organs would be a matter of a couple hours(even less time with essence) drying the bones and sinew, tanning hide, and pickling some leftover but useful pieces will take more time, but almost no effort. all together you should be able to make a fine suit of treated leather from each of these, and have some useful parts left over.
    Spoiler: OOC Break down
    Show
    so that's 7 basic projects(you don't need all of them, but why would you say no to basic projects?) how you meet the crafting objectives is up to you.
    each loin has enough parts(in theory) to be made in a set of armor for one major project. Either a Light Armor leather suit at difficulty 1 with the tags silent and buoyant, or at difficulty 2 you can laminate layers of armor together to make a Medium Armor set with the tag buoyant.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Dai scratches his head.

"That... is a good question. We were going to ask around before I spotted you so I'm not sure what they're actually supposed to go for. Let's see, given that most people probably couldn't have bagged these things at all I'm gonna say..."

The Dawn stops briefly to think before turning to address his four friends.

"How does a dinar and a quarter per lion sound? That'd be a half coin to each of us if he buys both which feels about right, I think."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I honestly have no idea OOC either how much a pair of lion corpses is worth so I went with what I'm pretty sure is a fairly lowballed amount because a savvy businessman Dai is not.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2016-12-31 at 04:00 AM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Dai scratches his head.

"That... is a good question. We were going to ask around before I spotted you so I'm not sure what they're actually supposed to go for. Let's see, given that most people probably couldn't have bagged these things at all I'm gonna say..."

The Dawn stops briefly to think before turning to address his four friends.

"How does a dinar and a quarter per lion sound? That'd be a half coin to each of us if he buys both which feels about right, I think."

Show
    I honestly have no idea OOC either how much a pair of lion corpses is worth so I went with what I'm pretty sure is a fairly lowballed amount because a savvy businessman Dai is not.
    What! exclaims Evening Star's Fall A beautiful young woman with ebony black skin, and dark blue hair and eyes. These aren't some wolves we caught in the pasture. They're Lions! The Incarnation of the winds of disease! we should get at least five Dinars per lion. she adds a little quieter Also, I think the big one ate one of my knives.

I d-don't think that's regular lions Star. Red Mouse one of Dais friends from the village, named for both his red hair and cautious nature, stutters out. The constant life or death situations seems to be doing wonders for his self esteem. W-we should be happy for whatever money c-can get. Acaryanandana is a powerful man, we don't want to offend him...

No need to worry about that kid. rumbles Basalt in his deep baritone. The tall tan pillar of a man who was the oldest of the group and the most often ignored. The wealthy barter. It is their way. I think you should start high, but Red has a point that we shouldn't expect to much, It's not like we have anything to do with the beasts anyway...

Hey! You not even thinkin' 'bout my idea! whines Sand Fish, a strange young girl who always had some kind of wild scheme or another which usually solve a problem while making at least two more. We taken the lobsta traps, bury um underground so we can get us some scorpions, squrt the lion meat with the venom, eat it, and BAM! reverse Manticores! It's brilliant!

Everyone takes a minute to stare at the girl, who looks very pleased with this plan.
    Last edited by MarvAlice; 2016-12-31 at 07:45 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"Absolutely not, you remember what happened the last time you ate a metaphor for the Fair Folk? Oh yeah, you probably don't, trust me though it was awful. The rest of you though, I like where you're going with this."

Dai turns back around to face Acarya with a grin on his face as if he hasn't already tipped his hand.

"Forget what I said before, three per lion, five seems a little ridiculous. C'mon, do a Sun-buddy a solid?"

Show
    If anyone wants to hack together some better haggling rules than "Who can succeed at a bargain action first?" then be my guest, otherwise here's my Charisma + Presence + Stunt + Tiger's Dread Symmetry:

Spoiler: 12 dice; declare Resolve bonuses BEFORE opening
    Show
    (12d10)[6][7][6][9][10][10][1][5][6][4][5][10](79)
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2017-01-01 at 03:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    Feltir is at the market, not as a customer, but a seller. At the moment he has a small selection of sturdy earthenware, and a bit of crystal for sale.
    you are approached by woman with skin and hair as white as purest salt, wearing a heavy cloak of brown fur and just a few scraps of fur underneath. She picks up a crystal cup and holds it to the light
    "Isn't it amazing, how no matter where in the world you go, the light of Sun seems to shine the same. Even on the other side of the world I see the same fire in this crystal, as in the golden cups at my mothers court." She comes out of her reverie and looks to Feltir
    "its a very nice piece, I'll take it, and twelve like it." She states in a tone of one who thinks their time worth more then could be gained haggling.
    Last edited by MarvAlice; 2017-01-01 at 04:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Feltir

I would not know miss, I have not travelled extensively. Alas, I have but 3 others to complete the set, but if you would be willing to wait a day, I could provide you with the rest, and could arrange for delivery. Would this be acceptable to you?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    Feltir

I would not know miss, I have not travelled extensively. Alas, I have but 3 others to complete the set, but if you would be willing to wait a day, I could provide you with the rest, and could arrange for delivery. Would this be acceptable to you?
    "*sigh* I suppose it will have to do." She turns and starts to walk away, but shouts over her shoulder "Send it to the Temple of the Immaculate Dragons on the north side of town at . I'll be there by then." as she disappears into the crowd.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"An expensive proposition. What were the virtues of these beasts to be worth such a price?"

Acarya leaned closer to the itinerant Solar and spoke softly.

"Haggle me up to five each, but in exchange send your best artisans and most clever people to observe and learn from my artifice as I make use of them. Do not mistake this as a need for attention, those who ask honest questions are better instructors than those who believe themselves experts. Those who trust my skill already do not often comment on my errors, believing it their ignorance rather than my mistakes."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am trying to buy craft xp. The basic projects aren't likely to give me a clear in-game advantage, but if you send in rubes to watch me do hours of work in seconds I figure I should get some awe and gratitude for letting them observe. (If you had them pay a nominal fee to watch would that trigger the third crafting objective?)

We might need to have different people watch each project since we couldn't just keep upgrading the intimacy until they are defined by their gratitude at watching me work.

I am thinking of selling the armor back to you. Or rather, you commissioning me to make you some. Thoughts?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Not long after finding nourishment for her dozen or so followers, 1080 gathered them not far from the market, to eat in peace. Rather, they were eating, and she observed from afar a gathering, which included a couple familiar people...
    "Do you see what they are doing, Banji?", she asked one of her younger followers. Squinting his eyes, he replied: "They're buying clothes. Or skins? The others are too far for me to see."
    "Let us first regain our strength and quench our thirst with those juicy fruits before greeting our new friends."
    Her youngest follower, barely even out of childhood, asks sheepishly: "What are those fruits, anyway? It's the first time I'm seeing these. They smell really strange. Is that normal? Are they rotten?"
    1080 starts suppressing an embarrassed smile that she eventually lets out; hard not to, among those who are also her friends. "I... I don't know. Either way, we will learn something of value by eating them? A very small, narrow fact, but each step counts, however tiny."
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mono Vertigo View Post
    Not long after finding nourishment for her dozen or so followers, 1080 gathered them not far from the market, to eat in peace. Rather, they were eating, and she observed from afar a gathering, which included a couple familiar people...
    "Do you see what they are doing, Banji?", she asked one of her younger followers. Squinting his eyes, he replied: "They're buying clothes. Or skins? The others are too far for me to see."
    "Let us first regain our strength and quench our thirst with those juicy fruits before greeting our new friends."
    Her youngest follower, barely even out of childhood, asks sheepishly: "What are those fruits, anyway? It's the first time I'm seeing these. They smell really strange. Is that normal? Are they rotten?"
    1080 starts suppressing an embarrassed smile that she eventually lets out; hard not to, among those who are also her friends. "I... I don't know. Either way, we will learn something of value by eating them? A very small, narrow fact, but each step counts, however tiny."
    Your approached by a group of five thin, withered looking men in purple and scarlet robes. The one who seems to be their leader(or at least their speaker) comes toward you and speaking in a husky almost broken voice "Greetings Daughter of the Unconquered Sun. May chaos bring you fortune. My master, Wúmíng ever, changing would like to make you an exciting offer. One which will benefit both you, and my master." all the while his speech show's no emotion at all.
    Last edited by MarvAlice; 2017-01-04 at 09:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"An expensive proposition. What were the virtues of these beasts to be worth such a price?"

Acarya leaned closer to the itinerant Solar and spoke softly.

"Haggle me up to five each, but in exchange send your best artisans and most clever people to observe and learn from my artifice as I make use of them. Do not mistake this as a need for attention, those who ask honest questions are better instructors than those who believe themselves experts. Those who trust my skill already do not often comment on my errors, believing it their ignorance rather than my mistakes."
    Dai whispers back--

"Uh, sure thing."

--before resuming his previous posture and starting to speak a mile a minute and much more commandingly at that. Though a novice at commerce (to put it lightly), the Dawn is nothing if not quick on his feet.

"'Virtues?' How's this for a 'virtue:' you ever hunted lions before? These two were picking off livestock for over three weeks and no one did a thing about it, why do you think that is? It's because lions are sneaky, nasty sons-of-bitches that'll tear most people apart. If the city had worked up the nerve anyways they'd have sent what, over a dozen soldiers and two or three trackers? And I bet it'd still have taken them over a week just to find these two and who knows the sort of casualties they'd have taken. Us Spears of Creation, though? These four behind me were just the first ones I could round up to come with yet we started the hunt just last night and here we already are, barely a scratch on any of us. Oh, and barely a scratch on the lions either; seriously, check them out if you want, clean kills the both of them, would take you a few minutes to patch up and no one would ever be able to tell the difference. So you aren't just buying some damn cool lions, you're paying five badasses for a job done better than anyone else in a hundred miles could have done. Matter of fact you know what? Star Fall's right, five big ones per lion. Oh, and if you could get her knife back out of whichever one ate it that'd be great."

Show
    I am thinking of selling the armor back to you. Or rather, you commissioning me to make you some. Thoughts?
    Sorry, can't afford it.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Dai whispers back--

"Uh, sure thing."

--before resuming his previous posture and starting to speak a mile a minute and much more commandingly at that. Though a novice at commerce (to put it lightly), the Dawn is nothing if not quick on his feet.

"'Virtues?' How's this for a 'virtue:' you ever hunted lions before? These two were picking off livestock for over three weeks and no one did a thing about it, why do you think that is? It's because lions are sneaky, nasty sons-of-bitches that'll tear most people apart. If the city had worked up the nerve anyways they'd have sent what, over a dozen soldiers and two or three trackers? And I bet it'd still have taken them over a week just to find these two and who knows the sort of casualties they'd have taken. Us Spears of Creation, though? These four behind me were just the first ones I could round up to come with yet we started the hunt just last night and here we already are, barely a scratch on any of us. Oh, and barely a scratch on the lions either; seriously, check them out if you want, clean kills the both of them, would take you a few minutes to patch up and no one would ever be able to tell the difference. So you aren't just buying some damn cool lions, you're paying five badasses for a job done better than anyone else in a hundred miles could have done. Matter of fact you know what? Star Fall's right, five big ones per lion. Oh, and if you could get her knife back out of whichever one ate it that'd be great."

Show

Sorry, can't afford it.
    "Yeah! that was really good knife!" she blurts out.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlice View Post
    Your approached by a group of five thin, withered looking men in purple and scarlet robes. The one who seems to be their leader(or at least their speaker) comes toward you and speaking in a husky almost broken voice "Greetings Daughter of the Unconquered Sun. May chaos bring you fortune. My master, Wúmíng ever, changing would like to make you an exciting offer. One which will benefit both you, and my master." all the while his speech show's no emotion at all.
    Sitting on the ground, 1080 raises her eyes to meet the speaker's. "If such is the way you greet me, you should be equally aware that the excitation brought by an offer is not the kind of argument that will convince me. And you will have to detail your conception of what would constitute a benefit to me, for I found my conception of benefits does not match most people's."
    After that quiet, yet not aggressive reply, the young woman hands some fruits, hoping too to awaken some hint of emotions among the men. "How long since you men have last eaten? However small my share is, I'd share it with you happily."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Sitting on the ground, 1080 raises her eyes to meet the speaker's. "If such is the way you greet me, you should be equally aware that the excitation brought by an offer is not the kind of argument that will convince me. And you will have to detail your conception of what would constitute a benefit to me, for I found my conception of benefits does not match most people's."
    After that quiet, yet not aggressive reply, the young woman hands some fruits, hoping too to awaken some hint of emotions among the men. "How long since you men have last eaten? However small my share is, I'd share it with you happily."
    "Truly the rumors of your wisdom where no exaggeration." he says in the same emotionless voice. "my master pays more for slaves, and a more generous finders fee for servants then anyone else in a hundred miles. And I've noticed that you have more servants of your own then your lifestyle requires..."

Show
    If your going to interrupt him that's fine

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlice View Post
    "Truly the rumors of your wisdom where no exaggeration." he says in the same emotionless voice. "my master pays more for slaves, and a more generous finders fee for servants then anyone else in a hundred miles. And I've noticed that you have more servants of your own then your lifestyle requires..."

Show
    If your going to interrupt him that's fine
    1080's extended hand twitches when the man finishes his sentence, but she does not pull it back.
    "You must be terribly and bizarrely misinformed if you know enough to talk to me about the Unconquered Sun and wisdom, yet come to me with talks of money and servitude. Or testing me, perhaps? Assessing me?", she asks, a hint of anger in the otherwise controlled and sweet tone of her voice. "Take a couple fruits and tell me more about you. Worry not, I just bought them from the market. Tell me, are you slaves yourselves?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

1080's extended hand twitches when the man finishes his sentence, but she does not pull it back.
    "You must be terribly and bizarrely misinformed if you know enough to talk to me about the Unconquered Sun and wisdom, yet come to me with talks of money and servitude. Or testing me, perhaps? Assessing me?", she asks, a hint of anger in the otherwise controlled and sweet tone of her voice. "Take a couple fruits and tell me more about you. Worry not, I just bought them from the market. Tell me, are you slaves yourselves?"
    "It's my honor to serve Wúmíng the Ever Changing Nightmare of Northern Beasts, through their wisdom many a Revelation has been shown us. Soon every man woman and child will know their terrible glory. If you aren't willing to do business with him, we will go elsewhere." they turn their backs as one and head back to the market.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Once the men were gone, 1080 hurried to the market, urging her companions to follow her. Somehow, though they were quite capable of defending themselves physically - especially with their number - leaving them unsupervised seemed dangerous, after taking part to such a negotiation attempt.
    She approached Acarya and Dai, careless of whether she was interruption any conversation. "Have you heard about a Wùming the Ever-Changing?", she practically demanded, angry and concerned. "Men claiming to be his servants tried to buy my followers. Were they cultists?"
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2017-01-06 at 08:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

By the time 1080 has gotten within speaking distance Dai's attention is already on her, though he waits for her to finish before saying anything.

"Sorry, never heard of 'em, sounds like a god or something though. Seems like a plain old misunderstanding anyways; no offense to any of y'all but from what I've seen of slaves since settling in here you definitely look the part. Not that the whole idea of people owning each other in the first place doesn't sound a little too Fair Folk-y for my tastes but apparently that's just me."

Looking back at Acarya for a moment, Dai slaps his own forehead.

"Shoot, where are my manners? 1080, this is Acaryanandana; Acarya, this is 1080-Steps Bodhisattva. I think you'd get along on account of you both like helping people and stuff."

Show
    I'm assuming here that Dai doesn't know that 1080 and Acarya already know (of) each other.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2017-01-06 at 05:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofSilence View Post
    The market was not, all things considered, the best place in the world to be lost in, but Crane had few complaints. It had been a fun night, just as most were, and there was something refreshing about the business on display in these early hours. He had little interest in the goods on display, and had little enough money to pay for most of them even if one did catch his eye, but that wasn't the main focus. Perhaps a coin or two for sword oil, and a small flask of smooth ground whetstone powder to properly maintain his companion, but aside from that, his attention was more occupied with the market's occupants then its wares.
    "Well Starless night!" hear in a familiar voice "Iron Crane! It has been too long!" you see in the crowd the familiar face of Cathak, Stone Monkey one of your class mates as a child. figures you'd find him hear, when you where young he was always trying to get as far away from his duties as possible, you where always the one sent to bring him back.
    Last edited by MarvAlice; 2017-01-07 at 05:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

"Five each will be acceptable. See my paymaster about it."

"Wuming, an uncommon name. The title is indicative of the fair folk, though I do not recall it in the Ishvara Conversations... perhaps in the Wyrd and Wyld Annuals..."

Spoiler: Knowledge Roll
    Show
    Int 5 + Lore/Occult 5
    (10d10)[4][1][10][1][5][8][2][9][9][6](55)

Lore Specialty (Gods) if applicable
    [/rollv]1d10[/rollv]

Stunt (if granted)
    (2d10)[7][4](11)

"Regardless, it is a pleasure 1080-Steps Bodhisattva. May the gods grant the remainder of your day be less vexing."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

"Five each will be acceptable. See my paymaster about it."

"Wuming, an uncommon name. The title is indicative of the fair folk, though I do not recall it in the Ishvara Conversations... perhaps in the Wyrd and Wyld Annuals..."

Spoiler: Knowledge Roll
    Show
    Int 5 + Lore/Occult 5
    [roll0]

Lore Specialty (Gods) if applicable
    [/rollv]1d10[/rollv]

Stunt (if granted)
    [roll1]

"Regardless, it is a pleasure 1080-Steps Bodhisattva. May the gods grant the remainder of your day be less vexing."
    You remember strange tail or maybe a poem from the annals, ostensibly spoken by a fae seducer to a farmer hand. It's almost impossible to remember the haphazard writing style, but this what you remember;
    A slave girl once ran to wyld to escape her master. as she ran she met a noble hunter who warned not to leave the path, lest the beast inside devour her. however when she met the beast, she gobbled him up, and left her name behind, and that is why all Raksha fear Wúmíng the nameless.
    much may have been lost in the translation, and a Fair One's story, ounce writen down is never the same.
    Show

your stunt counts ;)
    Last edited by MarvAlice; 2017-01-10 at 04:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Dai's face flashes with alarm and he looks at his companions knowingly.

"Uh, did you just say 'Fair Folk?' As in an actual one, here? Know where we can find it?"
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2017-01-11 at 02:03 PM.