New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU] Exploring Cael

Quote Originally Posted by Elyander View Post
    Tamora

Naga grabs the soft bar and starts eating calmly, watching as her trainer talks to the other boy. And Hiou seemed more than a little taken aback by Tamora's word, stuttering a few times before he can properly respond. "I'm sorry, ma... T-Tamora! I didn't mean to offend you," bowing slightly before he realizes what he's doing and stops midway, looking to Tamora and nearly letting the bunnelby fall. He stands up again quickly, his face extremely red. "Yes, yes, I'm sorry. Rookie trainers, no badges, ok!" he says, smiling awkwardly and petting his pokémon again.

"But don't worry about the food, Tamora" he says, the name almost a question for confirmation. "I've packed more than enough for us and our pokémon. You don't need to give me nothing in return! I like cooking!" he says excitedly, before adding in almost a whisper: "And I'd never be able to pay for those... But, hey," he says changing subjects, "do you have any plans yet? Where we should go, I mean..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry. With a bunnelby as a starter, Hiou was already written as a chef xD
    I'm glad you went with that.
    Tamora didn't push the issue of trading goods, although she knew that she'd be whipping up something for Hiou's Bunnelby in the near future. He was too kind a soul for her to mistreat him, and she already felt bad about the spot he'd been put in. And besides, if that meant that the sweets came a bit more often, then you wouldn't see her complaining.

I was thinking a trip to Mesos, she said. The beaches there are known for the high number of raw materials, which will be great for me. There's also quite a bit of fish in the lake if you care to try your hand in some savory dishes instead of just sweet. From there we can head south to Saxon or north to Volucris. Technically she could also go east, but she figured hitting up a Grass territory with only her Ground type wasn't the smartest decision.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Justin

Justin's friends apparently shrugged the trainee's weirdness as jitters, and they all accompany Justin in his shopping spree. Sarah and Terrance give tips and show objects that he might need, while Dustin spends most of the time finding completely useless or overpriced objects to make the group laugh. It takes almost an hour to feel really prepared, but eventually the group makes their way to the city's border. Sarah hugs Justin and doesn't even try to hide the tears, while Terrance and Dustin mostly give awkward handshakes and pats on his back. With a bit of a heavy heart, Justin takes the road waving his friends goodbye. With the whole of Volucris' landscape, it's clear Justin would have to decide which way to go first.

The easiest path is north, towards the city of Din. The road there is well traveled and quite plain, with lots fo grasslands and small woods to look for pokémon around. If he wants to get Volucris' Badge first, that's the way he should go as Lepidon lies in that direction.

He could also move west and enter Gramen for an easier badge, and Palmeto is where Gramene trainee's start, so he could have some practice there. The terrain is quite similar to Volucris, plain and easy to travel, but further in the plantations attract a whole other group of pokémon.

To the east lies the Swarm Valley and Tellus. While the place isn't a Delta area, it's quite common for alerts to come warning people away from the dense woods as the bugs inside are quite territorial. It has the largest number of bug species in all of Cael by far, but more than one Volucrian Trainee has gone there and never seen again. It's possible to circumvent it, though, walking around the edges for some captures as one moves into the ground region.

Finally, he could march south towards Turtle Gulf and travel by the beaches, moving to Tellus and later Saxon. The proximity to the ocean and the rivers have a different set of pokémon he would otherwise find in Volucris.

And then there's Dusty, apparently excited at the scenery as he skitters from shoulder to shoulder in an attempt to look at it all, making soft clicks impatiently as Justin takes it all in.

"Goodbye everyone! I'll stay in touch! Next year I hope to see you all out here too!" He gives them all hugs and handshakes as appropriate. He would miss them of course, but this was a new chapter in his life and he had a long road with many badges to collect on the way there. That was the way to great success in this world. Justin couldn't help but be apprehensive about going it alone from here on out, however. Especially given his first destination of choice.

After saying goodbye to his friends, Justin heads off to the east. He didn't want to tell them that his goal was to head around Swarm Valley. Not straight through of course, but he had brought bait with him to try and lure some specimens out. He wasn't about to start small on this journey. Little worms just wouldn't do if he was to start earning badges quickly. After, one last check of his equipment, Justin adjusts his backpack and begins his hike towards Swarm Valley.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bryar

"We'll see about that," Brock says angrily, before turning to his geodude. "Jace, get ready, we're gonna show them how Saxonians fight," he says, his voice strangely shaped into a calm, controlled one. It's clear he isn't a half bad trainer, no matter how unintelligent he might be. "Battle position for a proper demonstration. Jace, Defense Curl!"

The geodude floats a bit ahead and closes his arms around the body, and his features seem to disappear as it becomes exactly like a normal boulder, even falling to the ground and staying immobile. For all his bravado, it seems Brock is taking quite a defensive approach. Or is he?

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Because of Dynamism, Bryar is indeed faster, so Brock would declare his actions first.
    Jace is quicker than Bonban, though (unsurprisingly.)

Brock uses Inspired Training Orders.
    Jace shifts to F6 and uses Defense Curl, getting +1 to Defense (playtest.)

4. - Top - End - #34

RangerGuy

Justin

The road out of Coleon is very well treated, with stable footing and beautiful meadows around, and Justin easily finds his travelling rhythm being used to the outdoors. It was still early afternoon, so the day was warm and comfortable, with clear skies and a soft breeze, as it was usual for this part of Volucris.

After almost an hour on the road, it starts showing the signs of mistreat. Most people never took this path to Coleon, prefering the safer one from Mesos or Din, so it was understandable. Patches of vegetation had grown into the roads and the grasslands around seemed more wild, with tall grass and some small woods in the distance. It was still quite a pleasant scenario, one more natural and untammed. Dusty looks to be enjoying it, as the Joltik jumps from Justin's shoulder and skitters around, aprroaching the grass at parts before hastily jumping back onto the boy's backpack, experimenting the freedom.

Spoiler
    Show
    The road will be kinda clear for some time, so it's up to you what Justin does in this time. He could be on the lookout for pokémon, trying to forage into the grasslands or even walking outside the road. If he prefers to push straight to the Valley, that's ok, too.

I'm gonna need a Perception roll from Justin (and Dusty), and if he wants to forage, a Survival as well :)

5. - Top - End - #35

RangerGuy

Tamora

"Oh, I don't carry only sweets!" he says, opening a shoulderbag to show Tamora a variety of ingredients. "I just need to know what everyone likes the most and then I'll have better snacks," he says with a smile, closing the bag. "Sweets are just, like, safe. Most people like them, you see?" he says, before grabbing his Pok-E-Dex next and activating the map function..

"Ok, let's see... We'll have to go through the Opalo Mountains, so we can either follow Brown River to Cores then take Route 3 along Clear River, or take Route 1 then 5," he says, showing Tamora on the display. "Going by the river looks easier 'cause they are plain, but we'd have to go all the way to Cores... Route 1 and 5 go over the mountains, so it's kind of a hike. What do you think?" he asks.

Intuition 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although he doesn't say anything, Hiou is much more inclined to take the Routes than the Rivers.

6. - Top - End - #36

RangerGuy

Livia

Regulus doesn't even have time to react before Livia flees, his face still perplexed by the stranger.

Livia easily finds the garden and, luckily, she doesn't have to wait much, as the other boy arrives a few minutes after her with a raised eyebrow. "Now," he starts talking before Livia can say anything, "That was a hell of an act back there. Fragile girl, fearful of the powerful noble," he says in a mocking tone. "Why, though?" he asks, as he sits on a window ledge.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-15 at 04:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bryar

"We'll see about that," Brock says angrily, before turning to his geodude. "Jace, get ready, we're gonna show them how Saxonians fight," he says, his voice strangely shaped into a calm, controlled one. It's clear he isn't a half bad trainer, no matter how unintelligent he might be. "Battle position for a proper demonstration. Jace, Defense Curl!"

The geodude floats a bit ahead and closes his arms around the body, and his features seem to disappear as it becomes exactly like a normal boulder, even falling to the ground and staying immobile. For all his bravado, it seems Brock is taking quite a defensive approach. Or is he?

Show
    Because of Dynamism, Bryar is indeed faster, so Brock would declare his actions first.
    Jace is quicker than Bonban, though (unsurprisingly.)

Brock uses Inspired Training Orders.
    Jace shifts to F6 and uses Defense Curl, getting +1 to Defense (playtest.)

Bryar smirks as it became very clear that he was getting on Brock's nerves. As long as he didn't lose this battle, he could say whatever he wanted and Brock couldn't stop him.

"Alright Bonban, let's get this show on the road," Bryar states, taking off his hand and setting it on the ground next to him. "How 'bout you show 'im what a real Defense Curl looks like? Copycat, and make him pay for!" Bryar shouts at the little Bonsly waddles forward before looking at the boulder-like Geodude in amusement. A moment later Bonban's branches puff up to ludicrous sizes, providing him more defense. While the Geodude is distracted with his branches, Bonban kicks sand into the other Pokemon's eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bryar is going to use Focused Training as Orders!
    Bryar Marks the Geodude!

Bonban uses Copycat! It automatically hits, but because of Flourish I get to roll for a crit: (1d20)[1]
    On a 20, Bonban gains 5 THP

Bonban uses Defense Curl!

Bonban triggers Copy Master to gain +1 Attack Combat Stage!

Bryar triggers Trickster! Bonban may make a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver as a Free Action. It automatically hits, but still has an opposed roll.
    Bonban uses Blind!
    Stealth Roll: (3d6+5)[16]

Bonban gains +1 Momentum for hitting with Copycat and +1 Momentum for the end of the round.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

8. - Top - End - #38

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Justin

The road out of Coleon is very well treated, with stable footing and beautiful meadows around, and Justin easily finds his travelling rhythm being used to the outdoors. It was still early afternoon, so the day was warm and comfortable, with clear skies and a soft breeze, as it was usual for this part of Volucris.

After almost an hour on the road, it starts showing the signs of mistreat. Most people never took this path to Coleon, prefering the safer one from Mesos or Din, so it was understandable. Patches of vegetation had grown into the roads and the grasslands around seemed more wild, with tall grass and some small woods in the distance. It was still quite a pleasant scenario, one more natural and untammed. Dusty looks to be enjoying it, as the Joltik jumps from Justin's shoulder and skitters around, aprroaching the grass at parts before hastily jumping back onto the boy's backpack, experimenting the freedom.

Spoiler
    Show
    The road will be kinda clear for some time, so it's up to you what Justin does in this time. He could be on the lookout for pokémon, trying to forage into the grasslands or even walking outside the road. If he prefers to push straight to the Valley, that's ok, too.

I'm gonna need a Perception roll from Justin (and Dusty), and if he wants to forage, a Survival as well :)

Justin is glad that his journey starts early in the day, allowing for plenty of time to prepare for the trials up ahead. This would also allow time to get to know and train with his new pokemon. Before getting too close yet to Swarm Valley, Justin would halt for a while to forage and to train with Dusty. In particular, Justin was very interested in his ability to spin webs. Justin had studied bugs, like many young people in Volcris, and liked to focus the numerous ways their specialties could be applied.

"What do you think, little guy?" Justin asks the Joltik while he shuffles through the less well trimmed grass. It was nice to have a companion to talk to, even if he couldn't talk back. "Anything worth training with out here or shall we keep moving? A walking stick would be nice."

Spoiler
    Show
    I want to take the time to apply training features and all that. Justin will look around for wild pokemon in this area too before he moves on to Swarm Valley.

Perception: (3d6)[12]
    Dusty's Perception (2d6+2)[10]
    Survival (4d6)[13]
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2017-04-15 at 07:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamora thought about it for a second, but in the end her desire for the comfort and ease of the river was overshadowed by not wanting to make Hiou uncomfortable. Besides, the mountains would likely be a better training experience for her new Pokemon.

Let's walk, she said. There are plenty of places we won't be able to take boats to,
    so we should get used to travelling on foot now.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Livia doesn't answer the boy's question, looking him down calmly. At the moment, she is likely the closest she has been to her actual self in front of anyone in the past ten years, though she is still looking for every advantage. "Your Original could probably have defeated Regulus' Nobat," she says instead of answering. "If he was fool enough to challenge you, the battle was quick. But let me ask you this; what happens next?

"Regulus is a proud idiot; just by speaking to him as though you might be his equal, you've hurt his pride. He's not going to let that stand; he will seek to humiliate you now however he can. I can already hear your response: so what? What do you with the obviously more powerful Pokemon have to fear from such a pathetic Trainer? So he'll fail in his humiliation, and grow angrier still. Eventually, he will force you into a situation where you have to allow him to hurt you or publicly hurt him. And then the Earl of Snowpoint will step in."
    She fixes the boy with a hard gaze. "Are you confident that you can defeat whatever Pokemon the Earl has in his possession? What about the Earl's friends? And the Rangers, after what you thought was an unprovoked attack upon yourself is twisted into an upstart 'liz' daring to attack his betters?"

She shakes her head. "All of that is what may happen in the future; I will tell you what is happening now. As we speak, Regulus is beginning to travel to his father's house, fuming at his Pokemon and your 'upstart' remarks. When he gets there, a serving girl will be a second too late to take his coat, or the chef will make his lunch a little too cold, or a servant will walk past him looking too happy, and Regulus will unleash his impotent rage on that unsuspecting soul. He may even release his Noibat and command it to attack, and though it is impure a Noibat is still a Dragon. The Rangers will not be notified. Regulus will not be punished.

"I admire your refusal to bow to the whims of nobles. However, acting without thinking of the consequences will only worsen the situation we all now endure."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Charm to impress upon the boy what Livia is saying: (3d6)[4]

Or, if I can use it instead, Command: (4d6)[24]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

RangerGuy

Bryar

The geodude doesn't even try to defend against the sand, his form rolled up like a boulder. Brock isn't too happy about the demonstration, though. "What a cheap move! But Jace is a ground type, you know?" he says, a bit too confident. "Jace, let's make this quick. Use your ground move!" he orders confidently.

The geodude doesn't react for a second before suddenly spinning in place, releasing a mucus that adheres to the dirt and makes it fly everywhere in blobs, covering both Jace and Bonban. "No, no! That's your only ground move? Stop!" Brock orders, as some splash of the mud fall on his shoes.

Show
    Brock uses Inspired Training again.

Jace uses Mud Sport. Yeah.

12. - Top - End - #42

RangerGuy

Justin

Justin walks for a while, always keeping an eye on the area for any signs of life. While most things he sees are quite far away (and usually flying), eventually something calls his attention. Not too far from his spot, a group of small, yellow flying pokémon was giving shouts of alarm. They dived and pulled back up, and as Justin makes his way towards the commotion he can see it's a trio of combees apparently fighting something else. They seemed more scared than angry, and one had a bent wing, flying uncoordinatedly. When they notice Justin, they immediately fly little farther away, and Justin and Dusty manage to see the source of the ruckus.

Two small karrablast were serving themselves in a puddle of a golden liquid, clearly honey from the sweet smell. As soon as they notice Justin's arrival they become aggressive, hissing and pointing their small horns towards the young trainer.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Here's the map again.

In case you decide to fight them, both Justin and Dusty are quicker.

13. - Top - End - #43

RangerGuy

Tamora

Hiou seems clearly relieved as Tamora suggest the Routes. "Great! Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing," he says a bit to quickly. "Besides, I don't think we want to face water pokémon yet, right?" he gestures towards Maga, who's still eating alongside the bunnelby. Hiou grabs his pokémon and sets it on his shoulder, as the bunnelby uses its ears to hold itself onto Hiou's head. "Ah, by the way, I was thinking about calling him Zig. Is that a stupid name?"[/b] he asks as the duo starts making their way to the city's edge.

The signs for Route 1 were clearly marked and the group had no problem finding the path that would lead them to their destination, and Hiou was getting more excited by the speed in which he talks. He started trying different ingredients with both pokémon and was surprised to find both cubone and bunnelby had a predilection for his strongest flavors. "...and of course I didn't imagine they'd like spices, who would? I'm gonna need to get some money to buy stronger ones, as I have nothing really hot..." he says in his fast-paced voice as the group finally get outside Lithos. Ahead of them was a vast savannah-like terrain, with short, dry grass and sparse trees. They could see some birds flying in the distance, and the foot of Opal Mountains was on their left, spotted with large boulders and rocks that likely rolled from the hills.

"Wow!" Hious exclaims, finally stopping the speech. "It's so big!" he says simply, mesmerized by the scenario.

Spoiler
    Show
    You may decide what you do on the trip, as it's quite calm for a while. Although I do have some things planned on the path, you may decide to go looking for pokémon, forage resources or anything like it. Just tell me what you wanna do for now any skills you deem appropriate.

14. - Top - End - #44

RangerGuy

Livia

The boy listens to Livia's speech with a somewhat amused face. He says nothing during it, waiting until the girl is finished before clapping. "Brav-oh! That was quite a performance, miss. But you've got some things wrong," he says simply, standing on his feet.

"First, I am now a Trainer, and not a stupid one. He may come after me, and I will fight him as a Trainer. I might win, I might lose, I don't care," he says in a surprisingly matter-of-factly tone."I don't think I'm a superb trainer, so losses will happen. But I will not join any battles I think I don't have a chance of winning. Second, he won't hurt me 'cause he ain't stupid. He knows attacks are thoroughly investigated by the Rangers, and with a simple word we can activate this," he shows the Pok-E-Dex. "to activate video and audio recording. And he won't try assassinating me. You know nobles. He will try to humiliate me publicly, which I really don't give a crap. That's the beauty of being a nobody," he says with a smile.

"Third, he won't be able to command his noibat to attack anyone, as he just got it and pokémon are trained never to attack people," his voice is now less amused. "But he might punish someone for his own failure. It's not my fault nor it's of my concern. It's on Regulus and the stupid ones who just willingly take that abuse. Like you," he finishes seriously. He stays in silence for a while, before adding: "From your words, I imagine you want to change things, so you might see me as an ally for now," he says, already preparing to leave. "I stole his attention, so you can go lie, pretend and plot. No harm done, right?"
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-17 at 02:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bryar

The geodude doesn't even try to defend against the sand, his form rolled up like a boulder. Brock isn't too happy about the demonstration, though. "What a cheap move! But Jace is a ground type, you know?" he says, a bit too confident. "Jace, let's make this quick. Use your ground move!" he orders confidently.

The geodude doesn't react for a second before suddenly spinning in place, releasing a mucus that adheres to the dirt and makes it fly everywhere in blobs, covering both Jace and Bonban. "No, no! That's your only ground move? Stop!" Brock orders, as some splash of the mud fall on his shoes.

Show
    Brock uses Inspired Training again.

Jace uses Mud Sport. Yeah.

"Bonban, no!" Bryar shouts with as much conviction as possible when Brock's Geodude uses Mud Sport, hoping that the Bonsly would catch on. While Bonban seemed to realize what Bryar was going for it came a moment too late, making the Bonsly's performance a bit less convincing than his Trainer's. Bryar almost sighs, before deciding to commit to this. If Brock was dumb enough to use Mud Sport in the first place, it should be easy enough to convince him to keep using it, right?

"Alright Bonban, be careful, ye can't take many more of that there attack," Bryar says, making his voice waver enough to sound nervous. "Still, if yer breakin' out the Super Effective attacks, we might as well too! Bonban, Wood Hammer!" Bryar shouts. Fortunately, the Bonsly remembered Bryar's earlier command and quickly lashes out towards the Geodudes underbody.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guile to convince Brock that Bonban was hurt by Mud Sport!
    I'm assuming that my Skill Stunt applies here.
    (3d6+10)[20]

Bryar uses Focused Training!
    Bonban uses Low Kick!
    AC 2: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+28)[31]

1 Momentum for end of round, 1 for hit.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2017-04-17 at 04:33 PM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamora

Hiou seems clearly relieved as Tamora suggest the Routes. "Great! Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing," he says a bit to quickly. "Besides, I don't think we want to face water pokémon yet, right?" he gestures towards Maga, who's still eating alongside the bunnelby. Hiou grabs his pokémon and sets it on his shoulder, as the bunnelby uses its ears to hold itself onto Hiou's head. "Ah, by the way, I was thinking about calling him Zig. Is that a stupid name?"[/b] he asks as the duo starts making their way to the city's edge.

The signs for Route 1 were clearly marked and the group had no problem finding the path that would lead them to their destination, and Hiou was getting more excited by the speed in which he talks. He started trying different ingredients with both pokémon and was surprised to find both cubone and bunnelby had a predilection for his strongest flavors. "...and of course I didn't imagine they'd like spices, who would? I'm gonna need to get some money to buy stronger ones, as I have nothing really hot..." he says in his fast-paced voice as the group finally get outside Lithos. Ahead of them was a vast savannah-like terrain, with short, dry grass and sparse trees. They could see some birds flying in the distance, and the foot of Opal Mountains was on their left, spotted with large boulders and rocks that likely rolled from the hills.

"Wow!" Hious exclaims, finally stopping the speech. "It's so big!" he says simply, mesmerized by the scenario.

Spoiler
    Show
    You may decide what you do on the trip, as it's quite calm for a while. Although I do have some things planned on the path, you may decide to go looking for pokémon, forage resources or anything like it. Just tell me what you wanna do for now any skills you deem appropriate.
    It's only a stupid name if you'd feel embarrassed calling it out in public, Tamora said, Which means what a stupid name for one of my partners is likely very different than for you. Everyone's different.

As she looked over the savannah while listening to Hiou talk, she realized just how under-prepared they were for the journey. At least she thought ... she was beginning to understand just how little she understood about what being a trainer would entail.

Well, there's no time like the present to start looking, she said. I don't know about you, but I should probably do some dowsing, and it wouldn't hurt for you to stockpile some food stores. No use in going hungry if we don't have to. I'll keep an eye out for things that are edible too, but the outdoors have never really been my thing, so I don't know if I'd trust what I find. In fact, she rather disliked the whole idea of travelling by foot. Still, it was the life she'd chosen, and she wasn't about to back down just because it looked a bit harder than she anticipated.

So, Tamora pulled out her dowsing rods, wondering how people found things outside without them. Was there a dowsing rod for berries too?

Spoiler
    Show

Survival Roll to look for food (this is goign to be sad (1d6)[3]

Dowsing
    roll d6 equal to Occult Rank + 1 (Skill Stunt) + 3 (Crystal Resonance)
    on 4+, get a shard. 6s get a shard and reroll.

(7d6)[6][5][3][2][6][5][3](30)
    Possible Rerolls (7d6)[3][5][5][3][3][3][3](25)

Then roll for colors: (10d6)[1][4][6][5][2][4][4][1][3][6](36)
    1 Red
    2 Orange
    3 Yellow
    4 Green
    5 Blue
    6 Violet

5 Shards total - one of all and none of yellow

Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2017-04-17 at 09:07 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

So says one who has never been more than humiliated by the noble class, Livia thinks as the boy finishes his speech. "Wait a moment, please," she says quickly as she sees him leave, sighing slightly. "Maybe I'm overly cautious; history isn't kind to those who speak of revolution without the power to back up their claims. You did help me to keep my current mask intact and got that idiot Regulus off of trying to steal my Pokemon. Thank you. Could I get your name, at least?"

Show
    Charm check (that hopefully rolls better than last time): (3d6)[11]
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

RedKnightGirl

Justin has a strong desire to look up the species of bug in his new Pok-E-Dex, but decides to prepare for an attack instead. There might not be enough time to stand around analyzing them. This would be a good time to put his training to the test and see what Dusty could really do.

"Dusty, Spider Web on that close one! Keep them separated!" He was not eager to dive into two of them himself, so he directed the two of them into some of the taller grass to the side of the road. Dusty was at home in such an environment so he wouldn't be hindered by it, but the Karrablast might. The little spider shot out a hastily spun web at the closest enemy, serving as a sticky net.

Spoiler
    Show

Justin binds Iterative Evolution on Dusty as a standard and tags Karrablast in D5 as a swift. He moves to D10

Dusty uses Spider Web on Karrablast in D5. Auto hits. Opponent is stuck and trapped.
    He also uses Unnerve as a swift on it. He moves to C9 where his naturewalk (grasslands) should let him move and attack freely.

Dusty gains 1 momentum for hitting with Spider Web and 1 at the end of the round. He is at 2.

19. - Top - End - #49

RangerGuy

Bryar

"Wait, what?" Brock says with a confused face, looking at Bonban's body full of mud. "But I thought..." he mumbles, before seeing Bonban flip supporting his weight with the branches and swing hard onto the enemy. The geodude was still spinning, but a bit uncontrollably now, and that's when Brock's doubts are replaced by panic.

"Don't stand there, Jace! Attack, attack!" he orders frantically. And while his intentions were not very clear, the geodude just keeps the momentum and lurches towards Bonban, running over the small bonsly before stopping at his back with a skid, for Brock's despair. "No, the mud, the mud!" he yells, anger clear in his eyes as he faces Bryar.

Show
    Brock uses Focused Training this turn.

Jace uses Rollout, causing 32 Rock, Physical damage. (here's the GM's roll thread)
    Bonsly loses 21 HP.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-20 at 07:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

RangerGuy

Justin

Despite being apparently ready for an attack, the bug is powerless against Dusty's quick web. The small bug struggles against the sticky substance, trying to get free, but it's useless. As it keeps its battle against the adhesive, its companion moves forward, but a bit slow and clumsy, stoping on all fours in front of the joltik and staring him down, but Dusty basically ignores it in his small hideout.

Spoiler: Perception 6
    Show
    The combee haven't really left as it seemed at first, standing a little farther away and watching the boy battle the bugs.

Show
    Karrablast 1 is Stuck, so it can't do anything.

Karrablast 2 moves and uses Leer, but misses. (here's the GM's roll thread)
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-18 at 11:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

RangerGuy

Tamora

"Maybe you're right, ma... Tamora," he corrects himself with a smile. "I really like Zig, so that's his name." He pets the bunnelby, who seems excited to be out.

As Tamora points out she'd be doing some foraging, Hiou nods. "Yeah, that's likely a good idea!"[/b] he says scanning around."I think I can find some things around. Will you be ok on your own?" he asks. As the girl confirms, he grabs his pokémon and runs towards some bushes.

Tamora gets her rod, trying to attune it to the characteristic vibrations given by the shards. A bit unsurprisingly, it leads her to near the boulders, where the dry ground makes it easier for the shards to be found. It doesn't take a long time for Tamora to grab a few of the shards from all colors, as her ability with the dowsing device was quite superb. As she stands up after collecting a small green, she looks around trying to see if there's anything edible around while Maga asks to see the small crystal, as she kept doing with all other shards the girl had found. It was funny how, with so many boulders and rocks in the area, it was easy to think they had been moving around.

Spoiler: Perception 8, Maga and Tamora
    Show
    As she thinks about the moving stones, she can swear she just saw small reddish legs hiding under one of the nearby boulders. And, of course, the small black eyes still looking at her from the same place.

22. - Top - End - #52

RangerGuy

Livia

"Don't worry. Dealing with that brat was fun," he says, genuinely smiling this time. "But you're a bit confused again. I never said anything about starting a revolution," he says simply, looking at Livia straight in the eyes. "I'm not against it if you make it happen, of course, but I have other things to take care of."

He moves again to leave before apparently remembering your question. "Ah, and you can call me Romeo, no surname," he answers without turning back. "Although I reckon we won't be seeing each other again soon," he says as he disappears through the door into the Academy again. "Miss Spartaca"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I stopped here because I didn't know if you'd follow him, or do anything else in the city or simply move on, so you can do as you want, ok?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bryar

"Wait, what?" Brock says with a confused face, looking at Bonban's body full of mud. "But I thought..." he mumbles, before seeing Bonban flip supporting his weight with the branches and swing hard onto the enemy. The geodude was still spinning, but a bit uncontrollably now, and that's when Brock's doubts are replaced by panic.

"Don't stand there, Jace! Attack, attack!" he orders frantically. And while his intentions were not very clear, the geodude just keeps the momentum and lurches towards Bonban, running over the small bonsly before stopping at his back with a skid, for Brock's despair. [b]"No, the mud, the mud!" he yells, anger clear in his eyes as he faces Bryar.

Show
    Brock uses Focused Training this turn.

Jace uses Rollout, causing 32 Rock, Physical damage. (here's the GM's roll thread)
    Bonsly loses 21 HP.

"Performance issues, eh Brock?" Bryar asks, wincing slightly as Bonban is hit. "Embarassin' at your age. Bonban, show 'im how it's done! Wood Hammer again!"

The Bonsly darts forward again, striking at the Geodude's legs once more.

"'n Bonban! Make it a bit harder for him to hit ya! Get some space!" Bryar orders before the Bonsly darts away from the Geodude.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonban is actually at 13 Defense because of that CS, so only 19 damage! Whoo!

Bryar uses Expend Momentum! Bonban regains use of Low Kick and loses one Momentum!
    Bonban uses Low Kick!
    AC 2: (1d20+3)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+28)[30]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[7]

Also, not even a quarter after 31 SE damage? This isn't good...

+1 Momentum from hit, +1 from end of round.

Bonban will Shift to F4. This will provoke an AoO.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2017-04-19 at 05:44 PM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Livia watches "Romeo" leave. Shortsighted and selfish, but possibly useful, she decides finally, turning to leave the grounds. When we meet again, I shall have to work on convincing him to take a more active role in the welfare of this country. The board must have been impressed, to give an Original to a 'mere' commoner.

Livia finds the road to Drakefang Mountain and Ignis, taking the path to get out of the region of her birth. Despite herself, she finds her steps quickening down the road, eager to begin her journey. Etna first,
    to pick up a Water Type and a Fire Type; and then on to the Ignis Gym. I should find a Ground Type in the caves under Drakefang, and a Normal Type would not go amiss for my foray into Phasma. The Water and Ground Types are priority; Ignis likely has ways to counter each Type, but not both Types at the same time.

Show
    Livia will go on her way immediately.

Perception for on the road: (2d6)[4]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

RedKnightGirl

So far, so good. With one of the Karrablast occupied, now might be a good time to get a capture. "Move in Dusty, and attack this new one!" It wasn't the target he had point out earlier, so the change in focus might be disorienting, but that couldn't be helped if he wanted to move fast an take advantage of the situation. Justin reached down for a pokeball at his side as the yellow spider skittered forward to sting at the front Karrablast. Even though both were small pokemon, the blue bug towered over the tiny Joltik.

Show
    Dusty will use Fel Stinger on the Karrablast.

Attack AC 2: (1d20+1)[10] AP spent
    Damage: (1d8+28)[31]
    Crit: (1d8+8)[10]

If it lives, Justin will throw a pokeball at it.

Attack: (1d20+1)[11] AP spent
    Capture roll (1d20)[2]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamora wasn't particularly happy with her haul - she'd been hoping for enough Greens to make a Ground Booster - but knew that she'd get the materials she needed eventually. And while navigating her way through the rocks seemed confusing - they seemed to keep moving - she tried not to let it throw her off her game.

When she reconvened with Hiou with nothing to show for her efforts in terms of food, she apologized. Once they were ready to head out, Tamora took the lead, trying to look confident. She tried to keep an eye out for hostile Pokemon, knowing that lack of access to centers could be a problem if they ended up meeting powerful wilds, but tried to keep up a steady conversation, prayed it wouldn't rain, and dreaded sleeping on the hard ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to keep an eye out for hostile wilds while traveling (2d6)[7]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

RangerGuy

Bryar

"Don't count us out yet, Thunderson," Brock almost growls through his teeth, just as Bonban steps away from Jace. In his desire not to let the bonsly evade him, the geodude turns a bit too fast, hitting Bonban straight in the face but also forcing the spin to a halt. Bonban manages to get some distance, albeit a bit dizzy from the hit.

"Now, Jace! Attack with the mud again and try not to get hit!" Brock orders quickly, watching as the geodude rolls closer and repeats the ineffective routine with the blobs of mud who harmlessly hit Bonban. Brock watches in disbelief as the bonsly still stands, before quickly staring at Bryar with anger. "You son of a..."

Show
    Jace has now 1 Injury from Bonban's attack.
    I had forgotten to take the SE thing into consideration. Jace has reached the 50% mark already.

Jace makes an Attack of Opportunity and crits for 29 Normal, Physical damage.
    Bonban loses 7 HP and takes 1 Injury.

Brock uses Inspired Training this turn.

Jace moves and uses Mud Sport again...

28. - Top - End - #58

RangerGuy

Justin

Dusty's tiny size actually helps the pokémon quite a bit, as he can easily outmaneuver the karrablast to deliver a nasty bite onto the other bug. The blue bug shrieks in pain, just as Justin's pokéball connects to its torso, sending it into the pokéball. The device falls into the ground shaking, its light blinking as it tried to contain the pokémon but to no avail. After a couple of seconds, the ball is split open as the enemy bug rematerialize almost atop the joltik.

It strikes with a vengeance, using its strange horn to try and pierce Dusty, but he manages to dodge in time to make it a simple flesh wound. Meanwhile, the other Karrablast seems to be getting finally free of the web, although it's still quite sticky.

Show
    Justin's pokéball failed to energize, breaking it. You know you can replace it for free at any League Center, though, and there should be some on your path.

Karrablast 1 Takes a Breather, removing the Stuck condition, but getting Tripped and Vulnerable.

Karrablast 2 has now 2 Injuries, but it uses Peck for 19 Flying, Physical damage.
    Dusty loses 14 HP.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-20 at 11:45 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

RangerGuy

Tamora

Hiou looks a bit relieved when he sees Tamora coming from the rocky area. He smiles and waves, running to join the girl."Glad to see you're fine, Tamora," he says, the name still a bit insecure on his lips. "I was afraid you were gonna find some geodude or something. Found what you were looking for?" he asks, clearly excited about something. As Tamora answers and talks about not finding any food, he grins wide. "Not a problem. Look what I found!" he says, quickly taking a strange brown root from his bag.

Hiou seems a little deflated as Tamora clearly had no idea what it was. "It's... it's a bascota root,"[/b] he says slowly. "I got some leaves, which are a little bland but help in taste, but this is kinda super, super spicy." he says, gesturing towards both pokémon. "I can now make them some better treats, you see?" he explains, before getting into a long clarification on how to use it and all the other little things he found. There were quite a bit.

They keep their journey through the route, which was quite well traveled given the signs and care put into it. The mountains kept looming on their left as they start moving south after an hour, and they progress is not as tiring as Tamora thought. Hiou was quite talkative, and the duo chats about food, the sights around and pokémon. They had seen some birds flying, a couple of bugs and even a shinx, but it was too high on the mountain cliff. It had been almost two hours since they left Lithos when Tamora suddenly hears a strange sound.

It was a kind of cry for help, just a little bit panicked but definitely not human, and it came from the grasslands by their right. "Do you hear that?" Hiou asks as he also hears the shouts. "Something needs help!" he says, before rushing to the direction of the cries. It takes less than a minute for them to see what caused it.

A small litleo was desperately trying to climb a lone, thin tree, while a group of 4 ekans slithers around it. They had the litleo clearly surrounded, and even though they didn't seem particularly strong, they outnumbered the other predator who, apparently without a pack, had just become a prey. "Oh, no!" Hiou exclaims, before looking at Tamora. "Can we do something?" he asks, the bunnelby sitting on his shoulder shivering a bit.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you choose to do something, the ekans are focused on the litleo and won't be reacting soon, so you get a free round there.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-20 at 11:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

RangerGuy

Livia

It was quite cold when Livia gets onto the road. It was fall, so Livia was lucky to be going out of Anguis before winter began, as the temperatures could get quite low, especially up north. Still, it was already chilly enough when she starts her journey towards Ignis, small clouds forming as she breathes. Ignis' hot springs sounded even more interesting now.

The path towards Drakefang's caves was known to Livia, as they had traveled there during the course in the Academy, and at that weather, not many people - or pokémon - would be around, so she travels on her own for almost an hour before the first sign of life is seen. Well, it was actually quite hard to miss since it's not every day you see a group of slakoth deeply asleep so close to the road. Some of them were actually on the road, clearly not caring much about the travelers.

The strange thing, though, was the girl sleeping right next to them.