Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU] Exploring Cael

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyander View Post
    Bryar

"Don't count us out yet, Thunderson," Brock almost growls through his teeth, just as Bonban steps away from Jace. In his desire not to let the bonsly evade him, the geodude turns a bit too fast, hitting Bonban straight in the face but also forcing the spin to a halt. Bonban manages to get some distance, albeit a bit dizzy from the hit.

"Now, Jace! Attack with the mud again and try not to get hit!" Brock orders quickly, watching as the geodude rolls closer and repeats the ineffective routine with the blobs of mud who harmlessly hit Bonban. Brock watches in disbelief as the bonsly still stands, before quickly staring at Bryar with anger. "You son of a..."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Jace has now 1 Injury from Bonban's attack.
    I had forgotten to take the SE thing into consideration. Jace has reached the 50% mark already.

Jace makes an Attack of Opportunity and crits for 29 Normal, Physical damage.
    Bonban loses 7 HP and takes 1 Injury.

Brock uses Inspired Training this turn.

Jace moves and uses Mud Sport again...

"Didn' think ya would fall for that," Bryar states with a smirk, doing his best to exude confidence despite the fact that, by his best guess, this battle could go either way depending on the next few hits. "Alright Bonban, let's put this pebble out of its misery! Wood Hammer!" Bryar commands, watching with pride as Bonban charges in once again, lashing out with his legs to trip up the Geodude once again.

Spoiler
    Show

Bryar uses Expend Momentum! Bonban regains use of Low Kick and loses one Momentum!
    Bonban uses Low Kick!
    AC 2: (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+28)[32]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[9]

+1 Momentum for hit, +1 for end of round.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Ah Muk, can't waste those balls," Justin curses as the first one breaks. Still, the bug was pretty hurt and Dusty seemed to be doing fine so far. No reason to risk anymore damage to him though. "Thunder Wave it and back up! I'm trying again." That should make it easier, Justin think as he winds up for another go. The little yellow bug let's out a stunning discharge and retreats to the grassy hideout.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dusty uses Thunder Wave and disengages! Momentum up to 4.

Attack (if needed): (1d20)[12]

Justin throws a pokeball once more
    Attack: (1d20+1)[13] another AP
    Capture 12 from Ooc
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2017-04-20 at 04:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamora sized up the situation carefully, weighing the potential risks and rewards of what was in front of her. She quickly puled out her Pok-E-dex and scanned the snakes.

We're trainers after all aren't we? she said as she perused the information. Apparently these snakes are Poison Types, which means we actually have the advantage here. Besides, she said, eyeing up the snakes.

This might give us a chance to add to our teams a bit. Maga, time to test out that trusty club, ok? She hoped this would go well. If not ... well she hoped it would. Running from four poisonous serpents wasn't high on her to-do list. Maga just gave her a nodd and raced forward gleefully, using the thin bone in her hand to strike out at the nearest serpent.

Let's go Hiou! Tamora cried. It's our first battle!
    Spoiler
    Show

Tamora: Use Focused Orders!

Maga
    Free Action: Activate Adorable Fashion! Gain +2 Evasion for one round
    Swift Action: Shift my held item to Attack Booster
    Shift Action: Move to C6
    Standard: Use Bone Club AC 4, flinch 18+ (1d20+2)[3]
    Physical Ground (2d10+29)[41]

OOC fyi here, I'm aiming to catch one of the ekans. So Hiou is more than welcome to want the Litleo and I won't get my feathers ruffled (or an ekans, or nothing, me da igual)
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Livia keeps her coat tight around her as she walks, but otherwise holds herself away from reacting to the cold. Her thoughts are on the trip ahead, and what Pokemon she can find on the way.

That is, until she sees the herd (Pack? Family?) of Slakoth, asleep in the middle of the road. Livia stops, looking over the situation carefully. A Slakoth is a useful Normal Type, and Slaking in general have monstrous strength--when they can be made to obey, that is. Perhaps I should... One hand reaches towards an empty PokeBall in her pack, before her eye falls upon the sleeping girl beside the Slakoth. She tilts her head, frowning. Odd... well, she may have some connection to the Slakoth, and there is no need to antagonize someone who might be useful later. If I speak to her, I lose nothing.

Livia steps over to the girl, taking her shoulder and gently shaking it. "Excuse me, but the Academy has just released its newest rookie Trainers," she says quietly, smiling. "If you are connected to these Slakoth, you may want to see what you can do to move them before enterprising Trainers decide to add them to their teams.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Charm: (3d6)[8]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bryar

The bonsly acts once again, unaffected by the mud. It flips on his branches again, quickly kicking the geodude and making the spin to skew slightly as Jace recoils from the blow. "No time for games now, Jace. Finish it off!" Brock orders with a serious face. The geodude advances rolling, but it's clear he's losing speed instead of gaining it. Just as he is about to collide with Bonban, the geodude stops, opening his arms and falling face first onto the ground.

"Geodude out. The winner is Bryar Thunderson," says the boy acting as judge. "Well done!" he says excitedly, as a few trainers around clap and whistle. Focused on the battle, Bryar hadn't even noticed so many had stopped to watch, and by the look on Brock's face, neither had he. The other boy recalls his pokémon, advancing towards Bryar with an extended hand, as it was the costume after a battle. But the strength he uses to grip Bryar's hand was not customary at all, making his fingers go almost white as the circulation is cut.

"You tricked me," he says through his teeth in a low voice. "Pray to your gods you never see me again, cause I'll crush you." By the look on his face, he was as serious as it gets.

Spoiler: You won!
    Show
    Bonban gets 20 XP!

Bryar gets 2 TXP and 300 Credits (which appear on Bryar's Dex when he next checks it.)

6. - Top - End - #66

RangerGuy

Justin

As the small joltik release a small discharge at the other bug, the karrablast shivers widely as the electricity runs through its body. Justin's pokéball hits it a couple of seconds later, easily hitting the pokémon and sucking it inside. It shakes widely again as the pokémon is restrained, but this time it releases the soft ping of a successful capture.

Justin's attention is pulled back to the field by the other karrablast, who was now free and on its feet, but now unwilling to advance. It faces both trainer and pokémon once again, staring them down and shrieking loudly, apparently trying to protect the honey. The combee that had stayer nearby buzz loudly, almost in celebration, before getting a bit closer.

Show
    Karrablast 2 uses Leer on Justin!

Spoiler: Karrablast Capture!
    Show

Level 8
    Ability/Nature of yor choice.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-21 at 04:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

RangerGuy

Tamora

Hiou simply nods as Tamora agree with helping, immediately pointing at the enemies. "Zig, time to help! Tackle that one," he orders in a calm, yet encouraging voice. "Wish I could have given them some energy bars..." he mumbles as the bunnelby dashes forward faster than Maga, his ears put together in a form of dash-punch to hit the nearest ekans. The surprise attack is enough to startle the snakes, who immediately coil up, which makes Maga's club to hit the ground where the serpentine body was a second before.

Seeing as the ekans are still all up, Hiou is already giving more orders. "Zig, protect the cub," he says, smiling at the litleo. "Don't worry, we're here to help," the litleo doesn't react though, still shivering in fear. Zig manages to knock out one of the critters with a series of hard nlows using his ears before leaping towards the litleo, standing between it and another enemy. For such a weak pokémon, the bunnelby was surprisingly fast and agile.

The remaining ekans do not like the interruption, though. The one in front of Maga hisses loudly, coiling back before spitting a series of poisonous needles at the cubone. The same thing is done by the one facing the bunnelby, and both trained pokémon feel the stings, but nothing too rough. The third ekans, however, seems smarter. It leaps towards their prey, trying to coil itself around the small litleo, but the feline manages to free itself and begins whimpering again.

Show
    I imagine Tamora won't be personally joining the fight, so I just skipped her turn since orders wouldn't change much of it.

Hiou uses Inspired Training and applies Cheers on Zig every turn.
    Zig used Tackle on the surprise round, then Double Slap, knocking out Ekans 4.

Ekans 1 used Wrap on litleo, but couldn't grapple it.
    Ekans 2 activates Intimidate and uses Poison Sting on Zig.
    Ekans 3 activates Intimidate and uses Poison Sting on Maga for 17 damage.
    That means Maga loses impressive 1 HP, but she now has -1 Attack CS.

8. - Top - End - #68

RangerGuy

Livia

The girl wakes up with a massive yawn, rubbing her eyes before noticing Livia. "Oh, what...?" she starts saying, before looking around and suddenly realizing where she was. "Good gracious, no! I have nothing to do with them," she says, quickly standing up and dusting off her clothes. "Believe it or not I am a trainee as well. Just saw them and decided to capture one," she explains, taking a pokéball out of her jacket to show. "And then... I don't know what happened then. Some of they woke up, yawned and resumed sleeping and I felt really drowsy. Must have been some sort of attack. Hi, I'm Jasmine Dr-" she coughs slightly, looking embarrassed. "Jasmine Drand," she introduces herself with an extended hand.

"Thanks for waking me up," she says with a wide smile, before gesturing towards the slakoth. "Go ahead, take one of them. Let's just... do it from a bit farther away, just in case?"

Spoiler: Intuition 9
    Show
    The cough was just a clever way to disguise something she would have said otherwise.

Spoiler: If you wish to capture
    Show
    The pokéball will capture them flawlessly, as they are not resisting at all. You can select the gender as well since there's quite a lot around.

Level 8
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-21 at 04:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"Livia Spartaca," Livia responds with a smile, quietly filing away Jasmine "Drand"s vocal hiccup. "Slakoth use Yawn as a defense against predators; a few seconds after being struck by it you fall asleep yourself." Taking the girl's advice, Livia takes a few prudent steps backwards before choosing a large male and tossing her first PokeBall at it. A troublesome Pokemon to train, but worth it once it evolves, I believe. Normal-type captured.

"Are you planning to head to Ignis?"
    Livia asks, beginning to resume her walk down the road. "I know a few of the trainees were planning to challenge Anguis' Gym immediately after getting their Pokemon, but for the rest Ignis seems to be the first stop."
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2017-04-21 at 04:20 PM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bryar

The bonsly acts once again, unaffected by the mud. It flips on his branches again, quickly kicking the geodude and making the spin to skew slightly as Jace recoils from the blow. "No time for games now, Jace. Finish it off!" Brock orders with a serious face. The geodude advances rolling, but it's clear he's losing speed instead of gaining it. Just as he is about to collide with Bonban, the geodude stops, opening his arms and falling face first onto the ground.

"Geodude out. The winner is Bryar Thunderson," says the boy acting as judge. "Well done!" he says excitedly, as a few trainers around clap and whistle. Focused on the battle, Bryar hadn't even noticed so many had stopped to watch, and by the look on Brock's face, neither had he. The other boy recalls his pokémon, advancing towards Bryar with an extended hand, as it was the costume after a battle. But the strength he uses to grip Bryar's hand was not customary at all, making his fingers go almost white as the circulation is cut.

"You tricked me," he says through his teeth in a low voice. "Pray to your gods you never see me again, cause I'll crush you." By the look on his face, he was as serious as it gets.

Spoiler: You won!
    Show
    Bonban gets 20 XP!

Bryar gets 2 TXP and 300 Credits (which appear on Bryar's Dex when he next checks it.)

"Not when it matters," Bryar states, dropping his accent for a moment as he glares at Brock, a huge smirk on his face despite the fact that it felt like his fingers were going to snap. It took Bryar all he had to not to let out a victory cry as the Geodude fell, but he wasn't going let Brock think he was surprised. He had to make it seem like he won without even trying, just to infuriate the boy even further.

As Brock storms off Bryar turns towards the crowd, taking a wide bow as he swings his hat out to the side.

"Thanks y'all for watching! Cen we get a round 'o applause fer Bonban the Great?" the hick sounds slipping naturally back into his accent as he goes behind the tiny tree, struggling to hoist him up into the air. "Best Grass Type this side 'o Gramen," he adds, winking knowingly at the crowd before replacing his hat with a flourish, walking over to the Trainer who had taken the time to film the battle.

"'ppreciate the help," Bryar says, setting Bonban back on the ground to toddle about. "Owe ya one fer not cluin' him in 'bout the Mud Sport," Bryar says jovially, still a little high off his victory. "'course, where are my manners? Got a name?" he asks, offering a hand.

Show

11. - Top - End - #71

RedKnightGirl

"Alright, that wasn't so bad, but I broke a ball." Justin runs up to collect the pieces. Just in case he can get it fixed somewhere. "But we got a good workout and a capture. I don't think we need to mess with nature any more if they're backing off. Unless..." Justin takes a good look at the nearby Combee. Taking the opportunity to try out the features of the Poke-E-Dex, Justin frames the Combee and in the shutter to access it's data on the species. He didn't want to waste too much more time here, but it might be worth a look anyways. He'd need to catch a full team at some point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to have Dusty and Justin back off the battle if they can. Justin will spend actions to identify both Pokemon using the 'dex if can. Also I would like to determine the Combee's gender iff possible!

Poke Edu: (3d6)[7]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Try again Maga! Tamora cried as she raced forwards, pulling a Pokeball off her belt in preperation to throw once one of the Pokemon had been weakened. Maga swung again trying to aim more carefully instead of flailing wildly.

Spoiler
    Show

Tamora Shifts

Cubone uses Bone Club again
    (1d20+2)[19], use 1 AP to bosst roll (2/5 AP left) Flinch 18+ AC 4
    (2d10+27)[35]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

RangerGuy

Bryar

Brock stomps away in the direction of the League Center, his fists clenched hard. As Bryar adresses the crows, some people clap and laugh, especially when he mentions Bonban being grass type. The people begin to disperse and the boy who had been the judge shakes Bryar hands with a smile.

"Geoffrey Iceborn is the name," he introduces himself with a firm handshake. "No need to thank me. Judges are neutral, so if he didn't know the move, it's none of my concern, right?" he shrugs his shoulders. The other boy looks at Bonban before pointing him out to Bryar. "I think you should take your bonsly to the Center before you head out," he says, turning to leave before he stops.

"And a small advice? You might wanna go softer on the fake accent," he says in a low voice, winking. "Young people who actually talk like that always try to disguise in big cities."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Stopped here because I didn't know what were Bryar's intentions with Geoffrey, or what he'd do after talking.
    Last edited by Elyander; 2017-04-22 at 08:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

RangerGuy

Justin

As Justin and Dusty back off, the karrablast seem to relax a bit, returning to eat the honey while still watching the trainer. Justin takes the opportunity to test his new device as he had practiced in the course, easily seeing information about both pokémon, and there was a lot! Biology, behavior, distribution, evolutions, known moves and variations... Within a few seconds, he had been able to identify that there were two males and a female, just based on the red spot on the lower face.

The combee were slowly getting closer to the honey, though. It seems getting rid of one of the karrablast had been enough to give them a bit more courage to retake the spot.

15. - Top - End - #75

RangerGuy

Tamora

Maga's bone hits the target this time, a powerful blow straight to the head that instantly knocks the pokémon down, an ugly wound on its head. Hiou cheers loudly, before seeing the ekans trying to wrap itself around the litleo. "Zig, that one, quickly!" he orders in almost a shriek, and the bunnelby quickly dashes as commanded, his powerful legs taking him far and fast. He collides with the skane's body, making the pokémon hiss in warning, but it seems they noticed they were now outnumbered.

With a quick movement the ekans closest to the litleo retreats back, staring down at the two pokémon in front of her in an attempt to intimidate them, and it works, both feline and leporine shivering slightly. The other ekans shoots another burst of poisonous spikes before turning back and slithering away at full speed. "Stand strong, Zig!" Hiou orders his pokémon, who once again stand next to the small litleo.

Show
    Hiou uses Inspired Training and applies Cheers on Zig every turn.
    Zig used Quick Attack on Ekans 1.

Ekans 1 retreats and uses Leer on Litleo and Zig.
    Ekans 2 uses Poison Sting on Litleo, then runs away.
    Ekans 3 is knocked out by Maga's attack.

16. - Top - End - #76

RangerGuy

Livia

Jasmine just watches as Livia captures the slakoth, the pokéball pinging immediately after contact. Just as she had warned, a few of them wake up to the sound of the pokéball, giving big yawns before returning to their slumber. After they seem sufficiently asleep, Livia walks to reclaim her new capture.

"Yes, Ignis!" she says after the two move a bit away from the sleeping pokémon."Gosh, I can't wait to try their hot springs," she mentions with a dreamy face. "Besides, I didn't get very luck with my starter, so I'll have a better chance for a badge there than here," she explains, before adding with a somewhat sad smile: "Skrelp, so I really need some other pokémon."

17. - Top - End - #77

RedKnightGirl

Justin was so enthralled with the data he was getting he almost didn't realize there were a lot of bugs headed this way to fight over that honey. "We got a specimen, Dusty. I think it time to leave before we get into too much trouble here." The female Combee could be worth a lot to a trainer, but he'd have to pass for now. Together, the two creep away from the scene to give the pokemon a lot of room.

"That was a great first battle Dusty!" Justin said once they had gotten far enough away. "Let's try to avoid anymore fights for now. I don't want you getting hurt before we get there. And maybe we can get a chance to have a look at our new capture."
    with one last check of his equipment, Justin threw on his pack and kept hiking for Swarm Valley, allowing Dusty once again rest on his shoulder.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

A Poison/Water Type has excellent resistances and coverage, and Skrelp evolve into the only Dragon/Poison Type Pokemon known on the planet; an excellent mixture to start out with, Livia thinks, her face morphing into a sympathetic wince. I'm guessing that Miss 'Drand' is a noble; an 'impure' Dragon must be such a disgrace for her. The fool.

"Well, you have an excellent chance against the Ignis Gym immediately,"
    Satomi offers, her voice sympathetic. "My Pokemon are not suited for the Gym yet, so I am looking forward to the variety of Pokemon at the springs as well. Do you mind much traveling together for now? There's safety in numbers, and I have heard that the roads are still dangerous."

Show
    Guile: (4d6)[18]
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2017-04-22 at 10:19 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bryar

Brock stomps away in the direction of the League Center, his fists clenched hard. As Bryar adresses the crows, some people clap and laugh, especially when he mentions Bonban being grass type. The people begin to disperse and the boy who had been the judge shakes Bryar hands with a smile.

"Geoffrey Iceborn is the name," he introduces himself with a firm handshake. "No need to thank me. Judges are neutral, so if he didn't know the move, it's none of my concern, right?" he shrugs his shoulders. The other boy looks at Bonban before pointing him out to Bryar. "I think you should take your bonsly to the Center before you head out," he says, turning to leave before he stops.

"And a small advice? You might wanna go softer on the fake accent," he says in a low voice, winking. "Young people who actually talk like that always try to disguise in big cities."

Show
    Stopped here because I didn't know what were Bryar's intentions with Geoffrey, or what he'd do after talking.

"Thank ye kindly," Bryar says, playing up his accent as he winks at Geoffrey. "Ahl be shore to keep tha' in mind," he says, becoming nearly unintelligible as he plays the accent up as much as possible. Bryar tips his straw hat in farewell, before scooping up Bonban once again, holding the heavy Pokemon with two hands.

"Alright little buddy, let's get you fixed up. Maybe we can get you some treats too. What do fake trees like to eat?" Bryar asks his Pokemon, briefly considering placing Bonban on his head but deciding against it. Wouldn't want to mess up his hat now, would he?

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing them in battle, Tamora wasn't completely impressed with their performance, but she simply decided that was a significant type advantage and lack of coordination and strategy. She pulled a Pokeball off her belt. She'd never tried to capture a Pokemon before, so this would be a new experience before. The orb felt a bit too big for throwing properly, at least with her hands.

Let's try this training thing out, she said before chucking it at the Ekans.

Spoiler
    Show

AC 6 status attack (1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[15] capture roll

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

RangerGuy

Bryar

Geoffrey smiles at the exaggerated accent before nodding and going his way. Bryar heads to the League Center near Gneiss' exit, a quite large stone building like most in the region, followed closely by his pokémon, who looked a bit rough but still upbeat. The antique appearance of the Center is only aesthetic, as the moment the boy approaches the glass doors, they open silently, releasing a blast of cool air from the air conditioning.

The procedure to heal Bonban is pretty simple, just as thaught in the Course. Bryar takes a number and waits for his turn, which takes about 5 minutes. He then presents his Pok-E-Dex, which identifies him as a trainee and... that's it. The nurse takes Bonban's pokéball, telling Bryar it wouldn't take more than a few minutes, so he returns to the lounge area to wait.

The room is comfortable, with lots of sofas and tables, as well as a fur rug and some comfortable looking armchairs. He takes his pick, looking around at the other trainers with curious eyes. There are two boys talking excitedly, clearly newbies as well, gesturing about what likely was a recent battle both had; a blonde girl sitting on the rug and playing with a marill, some kind of soft training which demonstrates she's not a newbie trainee like the others; a boy reading a book on Rock Types sitting by one of the desks... Lots of people around, all waiting for their pokémon, but one, in particular, draws Bryar's attention.

It's a blond boy standing on the other side of the room, near some bookcases. At first, Bryar was curious about his clothes, an impeccable white suit more fit to a businessman than a trainer, complete with a black tie and shining shoes. But he then notices the boy seems focused on him as well, his orange eyes almost mesmerizing, completely locked on Bryar as a small smile grows on his face. It was a strange feeling, comfortable and tranquilizing, despite the boy being a complete stranger. For a moment, a brief moment, there was nothing else around them as Bryar... feels the boy, somehow.

"Mister Thunderson, thank you for your patience," a voice by his side snaps him back to reality. He turns to see a nurse with his pokéball. "Bonban is now healthy and ready!" she says kindly handing him the pokéball. Bryar thanks the nurse and then turns to look for the boy again, but he seems to be nowhere now.

That was weird, but weirder is the fact he is suddenly thinking about the number three.

Spoiler
    Show
    Giving you some room to maybe do something before leaving the city, and also to know about Bryar's plans on where to go to.

22. - Top - End - #82

RangerGuy

Justin

A few moments after Justin leaves the place, he can hear once again the sounds of the combee returning to claim their spot but he moves on. He had captured a new pokémon and would need some time to train and heal his partners, after all. He takes on the Pok-E-Dex, quickly finding the apps he needs and looking for Centers nearby. Luckily, there's one on the way to the valley, not more than three hours away, so he pushes on, the joltik still moving excitedly on his shoulders, especially after being complimented.

The sun starts its journey down to the horizon, indicating night would come soon, but Justin would be able to reach the Center easily before then. The grasslands around seemed peaceful still, but on the horizon, he could see the mountains of Tellus, still very far away though. Just as he thinks about how well his beginning had been so far, his stomach growls a bit and he notices he hasn't eaten anything for a while. Dusty seems to feel the same way, as he clicks in agreement. Used to the wilderness, Justin's first instinct is to look around for anything that could make a snack and decides he should try some of the shrubs a bit farther to the east before using his own supplies. Berries were quite common if one knew how to find them, and they were both nutritious and tasty.

And after walking a bit in the direction, he smiles to himself as he sees some soft pink fruits hanging on the shrubs.

Spoiler: Perception or Survival DC 11
    Show
    Even at this distance, you can see some tiny marks on the ground near a small area lacking grass. Going by what you've learned with the Weavers, this usually indicates a pokemon's den.

Spoiler: Survival or General Education 5
    Show
    The fruits are clearly Pecha Berries. They are sweet and tender, yet they have very powerful antitoxins which could counter most kinds of poison.

Show
    Dusty gets 15 XP for the successful fight!

23. - Top - End - #83

RangerGuy

Tamora

Despite the awkwardness of the pokéball, Tamora executes the capture perfectly. The device hits the cowering ekans on its long body, immediately sucking it inside. It hits the grass shaking a bit, but not two seconds pass before it pings, the sound of a successful capture.

Maga looks around, tapping his club onto the ground as if looking for more action, but there was none left. Only the litleo stood, weirdly clinging to the bunnelby as the last remaining enemy flees the battle, for Maga's disappointment. Still, Justin seemed focused on something else, staring past the tree and not reacting at all despite the duo being victorious for their first time. It's only when Zig approaches and ear-punches his leg that he reacts.

"Ouch! What?" he asks surprised, looking down to his pokémon before returning his gaze to whatever he was looking at before. He seems confused for a second, slowly turning to Tamora with a weird face. "Who was that?"

Spoiler: Ekans Capture!
    Show

Level 8

24. - Top - End - #84

RangerGuy

Livia

Jasmine nods with a smile. "Yes, I'd love traveling together!" she says excitedly, immediately grabbing Livia's arm and heading south. "Travelling alone sounds super boring, you know?" she asks with a fake frown. "We can help each other capture some more pokés, right?"

"And I don't know about my chances against Ignis at the moment," she says, returning to the previous subject as the two walk the path down to Drakefang Mountain. "Skrelp is water, of course, and it has powerful attacks, but you know its problem? Mobility," she says simply, strangely excited to be having a conversation. "Unless the gym has some pools, it's basically a sitting duck. Makes hard to catch anything not close to the water, so I'm really glad I got a slakoth already," she explains, before adding, "Not that it moves much either, huh?" she giggles.

While the two girls talked, the entrance to the tunnels under the great mountain are already visible in the distance, right after a large structure easily recognizable as a League Center. "So, what are your plans as a trainer, Tamora?" she asks casually, trying to keep the conversation going.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamora

Despite the awkwardness of the pokéball, Tamora executes the capture perfectly. The device hits the cowering ekans on its long body, immediately sucking it inside. It hits the grass shaking a bit, but not two seconds pass before it pings, the sound of a successful capture.

Maga looks around, tapping his club onto the ground as if looking for more action, but there was none left. Only the litleo stood, weirdly clinging to the bunnelby as the last remaining enemy flees the battle, for Maga's disappointment. Still, Justin seemed focused on something else, staring past the tree and not reacting at all despite the duo being victorious for their first time. It's only when Zig approaches and ear-punches his leg that he reacts.

"Ouch! What?" he asks surprised, looking down to his pokémon before returning his gaze to whatever he was looking at before. He seems confused for a second, slowly turning to Tamora with a weird face. "Who was that?"

Spoiler: Ekans Capture!
    Show

Level 8
    Tamora was too busy congratulating Maga for her first successful battle to notice what Hiou had been staring at. She was happy to see that Maga found her jewelry useful and that she had found the battle just as exhilarating as her trainer had. There was no better way to boost confidence than a plan that ran smoothly.

Who was what? Tamora asked distractedly, looking up to see Zig practicing jabs on him to get his attention. Is there someone else around?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bryar

Geoffrey smiles at the exaggerated accent before nodding and going his way. Bryar heads to the League Center near Gneiss' exit, a quite large stone building like most in the region, followed closely by his pokémon, who looked a bit rough but still upbeat. The antique appearance of the Center is only aesthetic, as the moment the boy approaches the glass doors, they open silently, releasing a blast of cool air from the air conditioning.

The procedure to heal Bonban is pretty simple, just as thaught in the Course. Bryar takes a number and waits for his turn, which takes about 5 minutes. He then presents his Pok-E-Dex, which identifies him as a trainee and... that's it. The nurse takes Bonban's pokéball, telling Bryar it wouldn't take more than a few minutes, so he returns to the lounge area to wait.

The room is comfortable, with lots of sofas and tables, as well as a fur rug and some comfortable looking armchairs. He takes his pick, looking around at the other trainers with curious eyes. There are two boys talking excitedly, clearly newbies as well, gesturing about what likely was a recent battle both had; a blonde girl sitting on the rug and playing with a marill, some kind of soft training which demonstrates she's not a newbie trainee like the others; a boy reading a book on Rock Types sitting by one of the desks... Lots of people around, all waiting for their pokémon, but one, in particular, draws Bryar's attention.

It's a blond boy standing on the other side of the room, near some bookcases. At first, Bryar was curious about his clothes, an impeccable white suit more fit to a businessman than a trainer, complete with a black tie and shining shoes. But he then notices the boy seems focused on him as well, his orange eyes almost mesmerizing, completely locked on Bryar as a small smile grows on his face. It was a strange feeling, comfortable and tranquilizing, despite the boy being a complete stranger. For a moment, a brief moment, there was nothing else around them as Bryar... feels the boy, somehow.

"Mister Thunderson, thank you for your patience," a voice by his side snaps him back to reality. He turns to see a nurse with his pokéball. "Bonban is now healthy and ready!" she says kindly handing him the pokéball. Bryar thanks the nurse and then turns to look for the boy again, but he seems to be nowhere now.

That was weird, but weirder is the fact he is suddenly thinking about the number three.

Spoiler
    Show
    Giving you some room to maybe do something before leaving the city, and also to know about Bryar's plans on where to go to.

Bryar rubs his head as the man in the white suited man stares at him, wondering why in the hell he was thinking about the number three. He'd vanished, which was even stranger, but right now Bryar couldn't quite focus on that. He'd absolutely trashed Brock in a battle, gotten his first Pokemon, and was well on his way to glory. All he had to do was get a few more wins under his belt. If he were to head towards Volucris he'd have the Type Advantage, as well as an even greater advantage if he could convince people that Bonban was a Grass Type. It certainly seemed like the easiest route forward, as well as the best one.

With a confident nod Bryar heads out, releasing the tiny Bonsly to waddle beside him as he sets out for Volucris, intent on beginning his journey.

Show

27. - Top - End - #87

RedKnightGirl

Lured by the berries, Justin walks over to pick a few. Pecha Berries were useful and nutritious. They might also prove useful since many poisonous bugs could be around. When he notices the markings on the ground, he pauses, thinking over his options. If he is near a den, it might be best to leave well enough alone, but Justin was curious and now he had his own pokemon to defend himself with if things got hairy.

Making up his ming, Justin creeps over to get a better look at the marking to see if he can figure out what kind of den might be here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival:(4d6)[19]
    Stealth:(2d6)[6]

If it turns out to be nothing, he might just press onward.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"Hmm..." Livia considers the issue with the Skrelp's mobility seriously for a moment. "I have heard of some Trainers using Horsea as living hand weapons of sorts; perhaps the same concept can be utilized to give your Skrelp the mobility it needs, though I suppose that may be treading too close to the weaponry restrictions."

Livia nods along with Jasmine's speech, letting the other Trainer do most of the talking. When she asks about Livia's plans, the young woman smiles, injecting just a trace of embarrassment into her voice. "Oh,
    I thought I'd just keep taking the Gyms as they come, see how far I can go,"
    she begins, her tone falsely casual. She let excitement burn away the false modesty as she goes on. "My dream would be to take on the League and become Champion, but I have a long way to go before that could happen. If I get there, well, who knows? I guess I'd have to take a look around and see what needs to be done."

Show
    Nothing Livia said is technically untrue. Still, if necessary, Guile: (4d6)[9]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show