New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

[Theatre]

"Yeah. Like the actor playing the dragon's brother. I've seen him before," Iknika says. She seems entirely unaware of Claire's feelings about the film. "So, what now? Are you heading home? It is getting fairly late.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Blue Zone Markets

"Reading is good. There are a lot of wonderful books. And late night is the best time to take walks." Naku went for a lot of walks herself in the middle of the night. And runs. And just to go exercise.

She liked the dark okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Suburbs of Inside

Neither the eye, nor the drug dealers attempt to stop her as she passes. But the eye does follow her with its gaze as she jogs away until she is completely out of sight.
    As she is finishing her run, she also sees another eye, or possibly the same one, but this one is simply floating past without paying any attention to her.
    Blue Zone Markets

"On this, we are agreed." A hint of a smile briefly flits across Iamar's face before her expression returns to normal. "I am surprised we haven't met in the streets before, if we walk at the same times and in the same city." Iamar doesn't really have the size or scope of Inside in her head, even with how long she's been here.

The Suburbs of Inside

Cass notices the eye floating past her. It didn't seem to be that interested, but she couldn't help but feel that it was related. That one stared at her, and now this one just happens to pass her by? She didn't really believe in coincidences like that. She slowed her pace down to a walk, and turned to follow the holographic eye, doing her utmost to remain inconspicuous.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

[Theatre]

"Well I figured we could at least walk to your ride. Or maybe we have time to grab a snack on the way?" Claire suggests hopefully.

4. - Top - End - #1054

[Carousel Court]

No doubt the clerk would appreciate his store not getting burned down, accidentally or otherwise.

"Oh sure, it uses this orangish laser for targeting," the clerk explains as he leads Down to the firing range. It's a pretty run of the mill range, honestly. Long parallel corridors with little targets at the ends. "The laser is basically harmless. Just for visualizing where the invisible particle beam is impacting."

That's handy!

Good to know where your deadly ray-gun is blasting stuff.

The clerk trots off to gather some energy cells for the weapon, leaving Down to her own devices.

Meanwhile!

Sunder arrives back at the shop! She'll begin nosing around trying to figure out where Down went.

[Spooky Circus]

The lion glances up from his cage upon our hero's entrance and heaves a tired sigh. "Yeah. There's one somewhere, I guess. There's always a way out of someone's Glade. You just have to figure out where it is. These places aren't as big as they look from the inside. Everything's all twisted around. No idea where it is, though, since I'm stuck in this cage whenever I'm not getting whipped."

Poor abused lion.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Spooky Circus

Liadi sighs, then pulls out a lockpick "I'll give it another try, and if this doesn't work it looks like I have to go hunt a tad. He drop any hints to where he hides out?" She asks, gently working at the lock.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    The Suburbs of Inside

Cass notices the eye floating past her. It didn't seem to be that interested, but she couldn't help but feel that it was related. That one stared at her, and now this one just happens to pass her by? She didn't really believe in coincidences like that. She slowed her pace down to a walk, and turned to follow the holographic eye, doing her utmost to remain inconspicuous.
    The Suburbs of Inside

The eye continues its path, occasionally rotating from left to right and back again, scanning its surroundings. Then it suddenly stops dead in its path as a Intersection patrol can be sighted in the distance. The eye then diverts from its otherwise straight path and goes right through the wall of a nearby apartment building, as if to hide.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

[Theatre]

"Sure. And if you don't live too far away, I could maybe..." Iknika stumbles on her words and her cheeks darken slightly. "... see your place? Um."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #1058

The Suburbs of Inside

Cassidy looks up at the apartment building that the eyes looked like they were hiding in. Then she looks back down the street at the police, barely recognizing the uniforms. Last time she was in the Nexus full-time, the police was still called Remnant. How the times change, she supposed.

She glared back up at the apartments. Was that where this pixie dusters hung out? She wouldn't know from just one look. She walks past the building, keeping her hands in her pockets as she gives the place a once-over.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [On the way]

"I guess only 1-2, maybe 3 others will come with us." That's mostly based on the fact that more people in fighting scenes cause it to need more time.
    "Also the island is not broken. It never had an engine to move around. I was just giving it that. In fact we could as well tame an ancient wind crature and use it to drag the island around if we would find onw." She says the last part with a smile. She isn't 100% seriouse there.
    "Alright," Veya agrees.

"I see..." her voice trails off into silence for a moment, "an island is an interesting choice of venue to form a guild, but I suppose it has its advantages."

"It would have to be pretty powerful," she smiles while chuckling, "we wouldn't want it to run out of breath."

10. - Top - End - #1060

The Suburbs of Inside

Cassidy looks up at the apartment building that the eyes looked like they were hiding in. Then she looks back down the street at the police, barely recognizing the uniforms. Last time she was in the Nexus full-time, the police was still called Remnant. How the times change, she supposed.

She glared back up at the apartments. Was that where this pixie dusters hung out? She wouldn't know from just one look. She walks past the building, keeping her hands in her pockets as she gives the place a once-over.
    The Suburbs of Inside

If she listens closely, she can hear someone yelp in surprise through a open window and after a few minutes, the eye comes out of the building again. A elderly goblin yelling and shaking his fists at it from the window as it makes its exit.
    Now it is heading straight up in the air, moving away from sight as it is rather hard to make out against the blue sky.

11. - Top - End - #1061

The Suburbs of Inside

Cassidy's fists clench as she watches the eye fly away. Of course it wasn't going to make things easy for her. The best she could do to still follow it was climb one of the buildings, and by the time she got up there it would be long gone, even with her adept magic.

She shoves her hands in her pockets. She was't normally this morally upright. She couldn't be - she was a shadowrunner; she broke the law for money. But something about this whole operation just made her skin crawl. She made a note to keep an eye on this group, to try and find out more about how they worked.

12. - Top - End - #1062

The Suburbs of Inside

The eye will soon disappear out of sight, heading back to its owner.
    But if Cassidy look up information about the group, she will find out that there are plenty of eye witnesses seeing the eyes around in Inside, and there does indeed appear to be more than one of them. They are usually keeping an eye on Intersection and their dealings, but it also seem to be following adventurers and more criminal inclined people around. It does seem to be pretty clear that they are spying, but for who or what? She would have to ask more knowledgeable people for that.

Perhaps her own organization, MERC, or Intersection or even the other orgs would know more?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-24 at 06:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1063

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    "Alright," Veya agrees.

"I see..." her voice trails off into silence for a moment, "an island is an interesting choice of venue to form a guild, but I suppose it has its advantages."

"It would have to be pretty powerful," she smiles while chuckling, "we wouldn't want it to run out of breath."
    [On the way]

Mia just nods. there is not much to say for her. (and likly her player is out of ideas, too)
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Carousel Court]

Being left to her own devices allows Down plenty of time to get acquainted with the immediate handling of the weapon.
    It would be nice if it had some charge for more immediate preparation...but this situation is starting to seem vaguely in control as it is.

In the worst case scenario, she simply has to pop the energy cell in, take a couple shots down range for the purposes of the illusion, then whip around and stun both Sunder and the shopkeeper.
    From here it's a small matter of a relatively harmless burn (side of the leg, perhaps?) to ensure they aren't hideous monsters, then waiting.
    If they are, dust 'em. If they aren't, apologize. Possibly a lot.

But at the end of the day, an apology is a lot more palatable than being torn into pieces or absorbed or whatever other sick fate would otherwise await her.

So for now...learn the gun. Learn the functions. Wait for opportunity.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #1065

The Suburbs of Inside

Cassidy sis on a bench and crosses her arms. She knew if she wanted more information on this KABAL group, she'd have to leave her little hovel, but that was a bit of a risk. There were still people from her world who wanted her dead, and while she was reasonably sure they hadn't followed her back into the Nexus, that wasn't a clear certainty. Not with Renraku.

She sighs and stands back up. "When the hell did I grow a conscience?" She briefly went back to her hovel, to gear up for a trip to MERC. She really hoped nobody would recognize her.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Theatre]

"Sure. And if you don't live too far away, I could maybe..." Iknika stumbles on her words and her cheeks darken slightly. "... see your place? Um."
    [Theatre]

"Oh uh, sure. We better dodge my brothers though. They're all a huge pain." Claire laughs.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

[Theatre]

Iknika grins.

"I'm good at dodging annoying siblings and cousins. I'll do fine."

[Streets of Ill Repute]

Wenomir, accompanied by Adir, is walking through these streets. The sheathed Answer is hanging off his shoulder. The fresh air has sobered him up, but the desire to hurt someone who has it coming hasn't gone anywhere.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

[Theatre]

"Mm, but my brothers make it their mission to make my life tough you know." Claire winks. "But if you want to take the risk, I'm game."

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

[Theatre]

"Then just wait until they meet me," Iknika says, standing up straight and assuming a very martial expression. "They haven't seen nothing yet. And a knight never backs down from a challenge."

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Halfling in the Playground

[Streets of Ill Repute]

Wenomir is indeed shadowed by the tall, pale stag. He is wearing a heavy fur-lined coat and is not visibly armed.

He looks tense and wary. All screwed up for a fight.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #1071

[Streets of Ill Repute]

They're not the only people wandering the street in a state of intoxication, though theirs is mild in comparison to most people loitering around. One group is especially noteworthy however as they overhear what sounds like the beginning of a argument.
    "What, you, you bitch, if you touch me again KABAL is gonna cut off that pretty head of yours."
    "Yeah, why don't you put it to be better use and kneel down."

Laughter follows and Adir and Wenomir can see a small gathering.
    There are two goblins, one in a white sweatshirt and blue jeans and another in a black suit that looks to have had better days. Then a gnoll who best could be described wearing a full desperado outfit with a black slouch hat and everything. Finally, is the person they seem to have a argument with, and a pale blue horned being with hooves for feet. She is clad in full black armor and is dragging with her a warhammer that looks more suited to crush stones than skulls.
    They all seem pretty intoxicated, the hooved person in particular who appears to have problem keeping her balance.
    The other three are moving in to surround her as she is stapling backwards right into the gnoll who attempts to grapple her around her waist.
    "H-hey! Light fading, don't mess with me! It was an accident, *******s!" She protests, just managing to get out of the gnolls grip and weakly waves her hammer around, wildly missing the two goblins in front of her, only really succeeding in making them appear even more pissed off.

This situation could easily get dangerous, they can at the very least see that the gnoll is armed with two revolvers she currently is keeping in her holsters.

Spoiler: Wenomir
    Show
    Wenomir might, even in his intoxicated state, realize that the gnoll with the guns look remarkably like Sargera, the gnoll leader Ilpholin managed to piss off in seaside. It's not her, but they must be related somehow.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-28 at 09:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [On the way]

Mia just nods. there is not much to say for her. (and likly her player is out of ideas, too)
    [On the way]

"Why did you decide to join Vigil?" Veya asks to pass the time while they gradually made their way back to the island, "the lives of the high priestesses in my village usually remained confined within the walls of our temple so they could fully devote themselves to my deity, but I have always been interested in learning the different forms of worship practised by those beyond my home," she sighs with slight joy, "I find the different cultures quite fascinating."

23. - Top - End - #1073

Blue Zone Markets

"On this, we are agreed." A hint of a smile briefly flits across Iamar's face before her expression returns to normal. "I am surprised we haven't met in the streets before, if we walk at the same times and in the same city." Iamar doesn't really have the size or scope of Inside in her head, even with how long she's been here.

Bloo Zone Markets

"Well I'm-, I'm usually up above, and don't usually come around this way. I just decided to swing by this way tonight, and happened to spot you." Naku isn't exactly sure why she did come this way on this night, either. She never had before. She just wanted a change of pace. Must be that.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Blue Zone Markets

"It is fortuitous that you did, then. I am... glad to have talked with you here tonight." Iamar struggled a little to find the words. She wasn't used to talking this casually at all.

"Would- would you like to speak like this another time? In the near future?"

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Theatre]

"Then just wait until they meet me," Iknika says, standing up straight and assuming a very martial expression. "They haven't seen nothing yet. And a knight never backs down from a challenge."
    [Walking Home]

Claire bursts out laughing. "Good good, I'm glad you're up to the challenge! C'mon, it's not too far of a walk." Claire apparently totally forgot her snack idea. Oh well, she's latched onto this now.

"Only three of my siblings live at home right now. Sadly for me, they're all boys." Claire says as they walk with more purpose now. "Garrett, Kyle, and Lloyd."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-12-02 at 02:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

[Walking Home]

"Well, that sounds bad," Iknika admits. "Do they give you a hard time?"

[Streets of Ill Repute]

"What the hell is going on here?" Wenomir asks, managing to speak loudly and clearly despite being drunk. Seems like some hoodlums harassing an innocent, and thus a job for them.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-12-03 at 03:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

[Walking Home]

"Of course they do. They're my brothers, aren't they?" Claire laughs about it now. Ask her another time and her reaction might be worse, but she's in a great mood right now. "Do you have siblings? If you do you gotta know what I'm talking about." Depends if they're brothers, though. Brothers are much worse.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

[Walking Home]

"I do, three of them," Iknika says, nodding. She sticks close to Claire. "But they're all younger than me, and I try to keep them scared of me. And a lot of cousins. Not as many as you do, probably."

29. - Top - End - #1079

Blue Zone Markets

"It is fortuitous that you did, then. I am... glad to have talked with you here tonight." Iamar struggled a little to find the words. She wasn't used to talking this casually at all.

"Would- would you like to speak like this another time? In the near future?"
    Blue Zone Markets

"I'm glad we got to talk as well." Naku agrees with a bit of a nod. "I- I think I would like that. Do you have any ideas when? I mean. Or I'm fairly easy to find, over in Civvy's Realm. You could always come let me know when you decide."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    [On the way]

"Why did you decide to join Vigil?" Veya asks to pass the time while they gradually made their way back to the island, "the lives of the high priestesses in my village usually remained confined within the walls of our temple so they could fully devote themselves to my deity, but I have always been interested in learning the different forms of worship practised by those beyond my home," she sighs with slight joy, "I find the different cultures quite fascinating."
    [On the way]

"I was send out to spread the belives of Deus mechanicus." Mia replies. "My world is split by him and another god and things have been equal for a long time. A few years ago the other side gained strength and courage. I was send out to find people that belive in DM. Vigil, at the time I arrived they where calles Watchtower, seems to fit best from all the organisations around. Even if Deus mechanicus is a neutral God, helping others is better then harming them."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK