New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

[Razadelli's]

Sam double-shrugs.
    "It's alright. It doesn't really bother me. I had to cook so much pork at my old job. Just...think about it next time, alright?" he says, with a patient voice. It sounds like he's given this speech before.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

Cora crosses her arms and turns her head away. Laela was totally being unfair!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

Laela turns up her nose with a petulant 'Hmph!' and says no more. When she licks her lolly, she does so with particular relish, hoping to get a rise out of Cora. But she can probably be taken home or what have you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Run Down Street

Cassidy looks up at the eyes, expression unreadable through the mask.

"This a joke? Gonna negotiate from behind a camera like a fifth rate Mr. Johnson?"[/COLOR]
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Cora, you should at least apologize to Laela for hurting her." Cessie remarks. "I know it was a accident, but you have to tell her that."

Run Down Street

"I do not know that that reference mean, but I prefer negotiating before violence. Now, what do you want? I'm perfectly willing to negotiate, as far as my position allows that is." The voice replies.

Meanwhile, teal-hair has fallen silent, now standing very still.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Orc in the Playground

Peaceview Park

"I spotted an alleyway on the way here. Could we go there and practice? I'm interested in seeing you, as well. I don't know much about combat, but with skills like the ones I witnessed in myself, I should learn." Although getting a staff big enough for her to use would probably be a little tricky, without it looking more like a walking-stick.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Razadelli's]

Sam double-shrugs.
    "It's alright. It doesn't really bother me. I had to cook so much pork at my old job. Just...think about it next time, alright?" he says, with a patient voice. It sounds like he's given this speech before.
    [Razadelli's]

"I'll try. I'm sorry." Aly says, her red eyes wide.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

Run Down Street

Cassidy snorts. Alright, she'll play along. "Stop shoving your new pixie dust on kids. That's my terms."

Peaceview Park

"We certainly may. I am beginning to feel that returning home will be harder than I thought, so I have plenty of time. And if you wish to see how I fight, you are welcome to."

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Razadelli's]

Sam looks like he's about to say something, but then there food arrives, and he's stuffing his face. Sam doesn't eat in a disgusting manner or anything and he doesn't make a mess. But it's certainly not dignified.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

[Razadelli's]

It seems these two are a matched pair as Aly'ithra digs in to her burger with gusto. She feels a little guilty about the bacon, but it's too tasty to feel that way for long. She was hungry, and this was food she didn't have to worry about eating delicately, or that it might be poisoned. About halfway through her sandwich, she pauses to wipe some BBQ sauce off her face and dips a fry into her milkshake.

"So, do you have any hobbies?" She asks, before popping the chocolatey coated fry into her mouth.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Orc in the Playground

Peaceview Park

"If you cannot recall how you got here, how did you think to return home?" Makuro also can't remember how she got here. Though, she also can't recall where she came from, meaning she doesn't have a home.

She'll head towards the alleyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

A (mostly) empty street
    An unusual asteroid, perfectly spherical, hurtles toward the ground, a tail of fire streaming in its wake. (It's small enough to get through the DOOM shield, only about 12ft across.) The sphere has one occupant, an ogre-sized, four-armed, green-skinned Demon named Tethrik, who is currently regretting some of his lifestyle choices, namely the one to start a labor union in Hell. The banished demon is sure that this will be the end, as his vessel has no windows that he can see through, and, in fact, method of escape at all. With an earth-shaking thud, the meteor hits the street, making a small crater in it. Thankfully, no one was injured in the impact. The meteor cracks open, and groaning can be heard from inside.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-06 at 11:48 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Razadelli's]

It seems these two are a matched pair as Aly'ithra digs in to her burger with gusto. She feels a little guilty about the bacon, but it's too tasty to feel that way for long. She was hungry, and this was food she didn't have to worry about eating delicately, or that it might be poisoned. About halfway through her sandwich, she pauses to wipe some BBQ sauce off her face and dips a fry into her milkshake.

"So, do you have any hobbies?" She asks, before popping the chocolatey coated fry into her mouth.
    [Razadelli's]

Sam stops to think.
    "Well, Sherrel got me into video games and some shows but I try not to waste too much time with those. I've gone out to the Hunting Grounds for stuff when I want to impress my boss but I've never done anything risky there because I don't know squat about armor or anything. And I've been told I have a good singing voice." he says, pondering things. He works such long shifts that he doesn't always have time for hobbies.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [A (Mostly) Empty Street]

Some people make it their business to try to keep up with all the meteors, crashed spaceships, and fallen angels that crash down in the Nexus.

Here's one now. Or at least, someone who reports to an authority who keeps track of such things. Anchor happened to be in the city today, and that makes her the one who was sent to the landing crash site. A red-cloaked wizard woman, galloping down the street on the back of a unicorn, pulling up at the crater just after it forms.
    And the thing is cracked open...
    "Anyone in there?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

There's a grunting sound from inside, followed by a short grunt of pain. "Yeah. Could you help me break this open?"

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #1363

Default [Tethrik's Crater]

Anchor dismounts, whispering a word to the unicorn which returns it to the form of a little figurine, and heads over to the crater, careful of any heat.
    "Yeah, I mean, yes, in a moment."
    She takes the spellbook from her belt and flips through its pages. Finding the right one, she commands the meteor shell to Shatter into several pieces. The spell is painful to listen to, but it should widen the crack a great deal.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-02-06 at 06:19 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

An empty street
    The meteor blows into several pieces. Tethrik steps out. He is a creature the size of an ogre, with dark green skin and four arms. The upper pair of arms end in wicked, serrated blades, while the bottom two are muscular humanoid arms with numerous spines on their forearms. He is not unharmed. With every movement, especially of his lower left arm, he winces in pain. Stone shrapnel from the meteor is embedded in his body. Miraculously, through this ordeal, the white T-shirt that Tethrik wears is undamaged, its "Knaves of Labor" logo still proudly displayed across the creature's chest. "Thanks. I don't know if I would have had the strength to get out of there on my own"
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-07 at 08:14 AM.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #1365

Default [Tethrik's Crater]

Anchor snaps the spellbook shut and slings it at her side again, her eyes (hidden behind sunglasses) taking in the creature.
    "What happened to you?"
    It's really the only question to ask.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

An empty street
    "It's a long story. I tried to organize a labor union. Where I come from, such an action is hated. We're supposed to obey our superiors, even if they order us to commit suicide. I tried to rally the labor force for better workplace conditions, so they put me in that, (gestures to the destroyed meteor) shot me into space, and slapped this onto my arm to boot." Tethrik holds up his lower left arm. A metal band is wrapped around it. The flesh near the band is burned black and oozing a strange fluid which is presumably blood.

If Anchor is sensitive to people and their speech,
    she may notice that Tethrik seems to be hiding something. If she is knowledgeable in alchemical substances, she may recognize the metal of the band as cold iron, a substance harmful to most demons.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Razadelli's]

Sam stops to think.
    "Well, Sherrel got me into video games and some shows but I try not to waste too much time with those. I've gone out to the Hunting Grounds for stuff when I want to impress my boss but I've never done anything risky there because I don't know squat about armor or anything. And I've been told I have a good singing voice." he says, pondering things. He works such long shifts that he doesn't always have time for hobbies.
    [Razadelli's]

"Oh really?" Aly'ithra grins, "Maybe you can sing something for me later. I could play music?" she offers.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #1368

Default [An Empty Street]

"You'll want that off soon as you can, then?" Anchor suggests. She recognizes the band right away, and it makes her cautious of what he might be up to.
    "I read about the violence against labor unions in school, but I never hear about that sort of thing these days. Seems a bit much to launch you into space over. I mean, I only launch people into the depths when they've tried to kill me and there's some reason I can't do likewise."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

"Floating in the void, potentially for aeons, is a fate worse than death. You're deprived of your senses and fully aware. The magic in the sphere keeps you alive, but doesn't make you sleep. For all I know, it's been millennia since I was last outside that prison. Yeah, the bracelet. If you could cut that off, I'd be much obliged." Tethrik holds out his arm.

If Anchor noticed that Tethrik was hiding something before, she can tell that he isn't now.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1370

"Exactly! I mean, they coulda just killed you, that's plenty of an example, I think. One second."
    Anchor takes a step back when Tethrik holds out his arm. She'd rather not get close to that thing.

Opens the spellbook again, flips back to the same page - why not? - and calls up her power to Shatter the band. It's normal, dry, wizardly magic. Nothing untoward should happen. Breaking things is one of the few spells she's mastered.
    If the band stays locked on his arm, well, she can try more serious measures. But this probably works.

One might notice that Anchor's shadow doesn't follow her movements.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

An empty street
    The shatter spell goes off, but it does not break the armband. The band, protected by magic, holds firm against it. "Tough luck. Got something stronger?"

Tethrik notices the shadow, but says nothing. However, if Anchor has been noticing his body language, she will see that Tethrik is on his guard now, unsure of what the shadow will do.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-06 at 10:22 PM.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1372

"Um, yeah. I'll cut it off. Hold real still."
    Anchor holds a hand straight out to her side, and her shadow draw a sword and offers it up to her, the weapon becoming solid (and evidently heavy) when she takes hold of it. It's a silly oversized weapon, the blade longer than Anchor is tall. She grips it tightly, hefts it up overhead, and swings it down on the edge of the armband. It's a magical sword, enchanted to cut through the defenses of demons, but as long as Tethrik really does stay still, at this angle, he shouldn't be harmed. Maybe a bruise.

One would be forgiven for not calmly standing still as someone you just met draws a sword and swings it at you, even if it's to help you. But she really isn't trying to hurt him.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-02-06 at 11:34 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

An empty street
    Unfortunately for Anchor, Tethrik not only is taken aback by someone swinging a giant sword at him, he recognizes the sword as a demon-slayer. He immediately parties the swing with the blade on his upper left arm, deflecting it downward toward the street. "What're you trying to pull! Do you think I wouldn't notice of you took a swing at me with a blade SPECIFICALLY designed to hurt my kind!?" He assumes a defensive stance, keeping his left side back from Anchor.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1374

Anchor lets the sword hang in her off hand, not trying to fight.
    "This is just my sword. I mean, I didn't pick it out of a long lineup or anything, I didn't even know what your kind was until just now. Since that band wouldn't crack, it's gotta be cut off." The thought occurs to her that it might be easier to cut his arm off, slip off the iron, and sew it back on. But she thinks better of suggesting it.

"Unless you have a better idea?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

An empty street
    "Alright. But no funny business. I'd rather not wait the few months it would take to grow back a limb." Tethrik offers the arm again, but remains poised to defend himself.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1376

"You were trapped for maybe millenia and now you're worried about one season?"
    "But ok, no funny business." she agrees.
    Anchor hefts the sword again, sets it against the band to take the measure of where it is, then draws back and swings again to strike the restraint off.

Anchor is a little leery of releasing a literal demon, but feels too much sympathy for being trapped in iron to just leave him.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

The blade hits home this time, cutting through the band. Once it's off, Tethrik rubs the burnt scar where it was. "That's not going to go away anytime soon. Thanks. I'm Tethrik. And you are?" The demonic bloodlust in him screams, Kill her! Rip her apart and drink her blood! Now, while she doesn't expect it!, but Tethrik shakes it off, restraining himself for now.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1378

Anchor kicks the broken band to send it away into the gutter, and hands the sword off to her shadow, the weapon rapidly losing depth as it leaves her hand.
    "Anchor Danir, Heroine, Slayer of Storms, Ring of the goddess Message Alkania, First Animus, etc. etc."
    She offers a hand to shake.
    "Pleased to meet you, Tethrik."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

An empty street
    As the broken band skitters away, Tethrik moves to intercept it. He removes a pouch from his belt and places the fragments inside, careful not to touch it. "A keepsake," he explains. He shakes Anchor's hand, his grip firm and somewhat crushing. Grab her! Pull her off her feet and crush her throat! Tethrik continues to fight his instincts, releasing Anchor after a second or two. He asks, "What year is it?"

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1380

"What year is it? 3. I mean, that's probably not it your years, if you came through space." Anchor admits, stretching out her hand.
    "The Nexus has a bundle of calendars." she explains, unaware of or uncaring about his violent impulses.

Her shadow flickers down into the crater, examining the meteor capsule.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine