New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Chosen Heroes IC

Sabra Lang II. That name is known in the lands quite well, even as far out as Sabra is now. Sabra has been travelling for some time now, looking for something. A cure for an illness that has plagued her family's lands recently. The clerics are trying to heal it as fast as they can, but it is spreading faster than they can cure it. It is critical that she find someone to help them, anyone really, so that what's left of her family, and her lands, are safe from harm once again in Dagain's Breach.

The land of Simil is a large continent in the west of the world of Iglesia. It has been colonized and there are a few different kingdoms within its borders, as well as some nomadic and stationary tribes, and towns and cities sprinkled across the countrysides. The main empires are, The Great Dwarven Empire, the Gadjabalawan Empire, and the Empire in the North. These are the main power-houses of Simil, and since the great Orc War, have lived together in relative friendship and Harmony.

Over on Travs, the lands south of Simil, there is another great dwarven empire, the Hammerhead Empire. The dwarves are far more war-like and battle-crazed then their northern brethren, and so the lands of Travs don't see much peace. In the east, there is the lands of The Allied, including the Bay of the Allied and the Wall of the Allied, which was built to help keep the dwarves out. There is said that there is a great, old White Dragon that lives on the top of the mountain, Grantlemen's Peak...supposedly named after him.

There is the Alteran Empire that connects to the Great Expanse, a basically uninhabitable land in which not much lives. Long, long ago the Alteran Empire built a wall separating it from the Great Expanse, as there are many, many monsters that have been dubbed "The Hordes" because of their number.

Sabra, as well as the rest of you, find yourself in a city south of the Great Dwarven Empire called Tully. Tully is used by the dwarves for trade, and is a great place to sell your wares, and is a very popular for mercenaries and adventurers to go to find work. Sabra has been working hard to find people to help her, and her fliers have caught your eye for one reason or another. For whatever reason, you have decided to meet with her at the given time, 1pm. You walk into the Prancing Pony Inn and see a sea of mercenaries and adventurers waiting around, mainly drinking and telling stories...with a few heated discussions here and there. In the far back corner, past the ebbing sea of people, you see a dark haired woman in golden armor with a shield emblazoned with a sun.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Chosen Heroes IC

Sabra blends poorly into the crowd of a dwarven bar - even from her quieter corner seat, she is instantly noticeable. It might be the armor. It might be the fact that she's barely touched her mug of ale. Or perhaps something in her posture betrays her noble upbringing. Her shield leans against the edge of the table, a signpost for any mercenaries she might have been able to attract. She doesn't, especially, have high hopes. But the Empire had refused to grant her assistance, and put her lands under quarantine. So she was forced to search elsewhere, wherever she could search, which had brought her to this rather smoky little bar.

The proprieter had graciously allowed her to tack a couple of her fliers to the walls of the tavern, and Sadira had helped her spread others around Tully. There was nothing else to do but hope someone of skill had seen it.

She watches the door, and waits.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Kio had, of course, heard of the powerful bloodline of the Lang family. He had himself sung songs and weaved tales around the powerful and heroic bloodline of Dagain Lang (most of which were actually true!)

So it was such that when Kio was perusing one of the town's notice boards, the simple little sheet of parchment with no fanfare caught his eye. He leaned in close, then his eyes went wide. Sabra Lang? Here? So far from the Breach? It couldn't be! He had tugged the paper from the post and sprinted it to Cal-aghar, waving it wildly!

When the time came, Kio burst into the Prancing Pony with a flourish. Dreamy smoke curled around his feet (the result of a 'Minor Illusion' spell he'd just cast), giving his entrance more than a little bit of added drama. He entered with measured steps, scanning his surroundings for any signs of...

There she was. That shield, glinting brightly with light. The way she sat, holding herself in that noble way that betrayed her higher breeding. And most of all, the slight tingle that Kio got, running along his arm beneath his shirt... It told him that that her magic was indeed divine.

He wasted not a moment longer. He reached to his back, where the bone-cello Echo was slung. He placed it's shimmering point down gently on the wooden floor, and produced his bone-white bow.

"Sabra Lang II!" He announced with flair and pomp, drawing his bow across the shimmering strings, and causing the illusiory smoke to billow and swirl around himself "I, am Kio Drumnir! Son of Takeo Drumnir!" Another dramatic beat in the music. He tapped his tail behind him, creating a subtle percussion for his performance. "and I shall answer your call for aid!" He launched full force into his music then, filling it with all the drama that he believed the occasion deserved.

When he had finished, he caused his illusion to fade; He slung his instrument over his shoulder once more, stepping forward and grinning a bright, toothy grin at Sabra "If you'll have me, of course, Lady Lang." He bowed low with a flourish.
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-04-18 at 02:20 PM.
    "I liked the Dragonborn before it was cool"
    - Kio

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Slipping quietly in behind all the pomp and circumstance that was Kio, Cal made his way quietly through the crowd. Sort of flowing like water through them, to stand near Sabra waiting for the performance to be over. Once Kio was done with the loud stuff he said quietly to Sabra, "Greetings Lady Lang, it has been a while since we last spoke."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-04-18 at 02:34 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

At the mention of Sabra's name, Allietta turns away from the barkeep who she had been frustrating by attempting to order fruity drinks none of which they had ever heard of. "Oh, Sabra is here!? I haven't seen you since I lost track of Sadira. Have you seen her around?"

((Note: It was almost certainly Allietta who wandered off and got lost presuming they didn't wind up getting split up during some fight/monsters sort of thing.))

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Sabra doesn't quite jump in her seat when the yellow-gold dragonborn all but kicks in the door yelling her name, but she does sit back rather suddenly. The spectacle drowns out Alletia's words. Sabra had been half tuning out the tiefling's alcohol-related chatter as it was. By the time the dragonborn - Kio - reaches her table, she has recomposed herself again entirely. As he begins to play, she murmurs a few words and taps her fingers on the table, then near her eyes, which flicker briefly with gold light.

Only when he finishes does she speak, with an accent that betrays her northern past. "Impressive music... Kio. And I see you bear a certain amount of magic as well. You do however, understand that I seek aid in eradicating a plague, not starting a traveling troupe, yes?" Her tone is light, but cutting, and not particularly impressed.

She turns away from Kio and nods at Cal-aghar. "Slayer Zaraun. I see I am not the only one far from home. It has been a long time - I'm surprised you remember at all." The last time they'd met, her parents had been alive. She'd been a rather naive teenager, and baby Deidara was just discovering the delights of crawling around and eating mud. Despite that, Slayer Zaraun didn't look like he'd changed a bit "Are you here to offer your assistance? The Breach is your home as much as mine."

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Detect Magic using a paladin spell slot, which remains up for 10 minutes. While Kio plays, Sabra uses actions to identify all the magic items he bears, as well as the magic surrounding him. I imagine this lets her pick out most of his potions, plus the illusion spell he has cast and whatever schools of magic imbue Echo.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sadira enters the tavern from exploring the town and hanging fliers, she's munching on some kind of smoked meat on a stick. She nods to Allietta as she enters and says " "I'm right here, I was just checking out the town and putting up more fliers"

When Kio makes his entrance she can't help but exclaim " Hiya Kio! " of all the people she had expected to answer the fliers he was not one of them. Sadira considers running up to give him a hug but decides it would ruin his entrance. She turns to Sabra and says quietly, "I've performed with Kio before, don't let the overblown entrance fool you, he's not only a bard but a powerful cleric. He'd make a formidable ally in trying to clear out this plague!"

Sadira says "Dwarven Ale is famous, and I need to try some before I leave, want to join me in a mug Allietta?"
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-04-18 at 05:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta frowns at Sabra ignoring her and regards Sadira with confusion, replying, "But you can't fly or fit in mugs can you? You know a lot of people huh? Do you try to fit them all in cups?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    She turns away from Kio and nods at Cal-aghar. "Slayer Zaraun. I see I am not the only one far from home. It has been a long time - I'm surprised you remember at all." The last time they'd met, her parents had been alive. She'd been a rather naive teenager, and baby Deidara was just discovering the delights of crawling around and eating mud. Despite that, Slayer Zaraun didn't look like he'd changed a bit "Are you here to offer your assistance? The Breach is your home as much as mine."
    Shaking his head as she speaks, "Ahh Lady Sabra, home has always been where I am at at any given moment. How could anyone forget you?" Before she can react to the compliment he continues on, "But if you are in need of assistance than I am here for you. I owe you that. I have had no communication from the Order for some time now. Not that they were overly talkative to begin with, especially to me." His expression darkens briefly but clears away quickly. He nods to a seat at her table, "May I?"
    I like the globe warm...

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Allietta frowns at Sabra ignoring her and regards Sadira with confusion, replying, "But you can't fly or fit in mugs can you? You know a lot of people huh? Do you try to fit them all in cups?"
    "I like to try and make friends wherever I go so I know quite a few people. When I invited you to join me in a mug I meant would you like some ale. It's a figure of speech" Sadira will order two mugs of dwarven ale, and offer one to Allietta. "Dwarves are famous for their strong spirits. From what it sounds like your used to drinking this should be different" Sadira takes a gulp "Quite good for ale, some of the best I've had. I had best be careful though, Sabra will get cross if I get drunk so soon in the day"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta takes the ale and drinks and begins coughing and exclaims, "What kind of fruit is this made from!? It tastes like........dirt...fruit?.....is dirt fruit a thing? It's all..." Allietta makes visible mastication to indicate "chewyness" "in my mouth. Your surface drinks are weird! Hahahaha."

"So.... what shape does Sabra get if you get drunk late in the day?" she asks. As with many of her questions it's impossible to tell if this is a serious question or a joke. It doesn't much help that she's almost always smiling and her tail is lashing back and forth like a happy dog.

(Note: Not like whipping back and forth like excited dog, just moving this way and that like one that is more regularly happy.)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg stands behind Lady Sabra, with meaty arms folded in front of his massive chest. He says nothing. After all, he was hired to be a bodyguard. His role was to do whatever she wanted -- break a few legs, scare off a few thieves, things like that. While a part of him chafed for being at someone's beck and call, it was an arrangement he voluntarily entered into. After all, the foe was not someone who can be smashed, and like it or not, the Goliath has a vested interest in stemming the spread of the plague. If only to ensure the safety of his clan.

He takes stock of the various puny beings who approached her. They are clearly inferior physical specimens and the Goliath snorts at their punyness, at least inwardly. The barbarian has seen enough to know that the frail-looking ones, especially those pesky spellcasters, have strength that belie their puny physique.

Not one for idle chit-chat, the Goliath continues to watch impassively over his dragonborn employer, sizing up the compatriots Lady Sabra is bound to saddle him with.

Spoiler: Perception Checks for Punyness
    Show

How puny is Cal? (1d20+6)[18]
    How puny is Kio? (1d20+6)[15]
    How puny is Allietta? (1d20+6)[25]
    How puny is Sadira? (1d20+6)[22]
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Sabra Only
    Show
    The potions you are aware of, and the magic he casts is easily identified as a minor illusion spell, fluff mostly. Other magic items on him you are able to see.....however the instrument kind of fights back. You can tell its magic, and that it is powerful, but it is almost as if the instrument is hiding something.

But that's silly, right? How can an object be hiding something....

Spoiler: Zugg Only
    Show

Cal - Seems squishy, but might be stronger than letting on. might bite off more than can chew
    Kio - Zugg thinks dragonborn doesn't live up to dragon name, could sit on and squish
    Allietta - Great power lies with her, though not of muscle. could beat in close combat, not large open field
    Sadira - good power, but no muscle again. could beat in close combat, not large open field

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg smiles inwardly, confident that Zugg is strongest there is. Physically. Zugg no understand magic stuffs.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-04-19 at 08:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Kobold

Only when he finishes does she speak, with an accent that betrays her northern past. "Impressive music... Kio. And I see you bear a certain amount of magic as well. You do however, understand that I seek aid in eradicating a plague, not starting a traveling troupe, yes?" Her tone is light, but cutting, and not particularly impressed.
    Kio peeked up from his bow, still smiling. By that point she was already conversing with Cal, and Kio had already decided to accompany her. At the very least, if the Drow was going, so was Kio. They had developed an interesting kind of friendship, as their skills synergized well. Kio, the center of attention, and Cal, sliding about, unnoticed.

For a long moment, Kio let his gaze lift up to the Goliath standing there. The smile faded from Kio's face, if only for a few seconds. He and the Goliath made eye contact, and Kio got the sense he was being sized up. Gosh he was huge... and the confident look on his face said "I could squash you with my little finger."

Kio gulped.

After that long moment, he heard someone ordering ale at the bar and zipped over in that direction, landing in the seat beside Sadria and Allietta. "Sadriaaaa! It's been too long!" he beamed at her, then gave her a mischievous look "Sadria, you promised that the next time we met, you would teach me how to do that trick with the cards!" He rifled through his pack, and pulled out a finely painted deck, "I spent nine silver on this, just for the occasion! I'll bet you thought I wouldn't remember"

He placed the deck on the bar top, then grinned at Allietta "Hello there! Are you friends with Sadria as well? Has she shown you the card trick?"
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-04-19 at 04:52 PM.
    - Kio

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes! Noooooooooo?" Allietta responds to Kio, the later part mostly facing Sadria with an expression that says, "Why haven't you shown me 'the card trick' yet? That sounds interesting!"

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Kio peeked up from his bow, still smiling. By that point she was already conversing with Cal, and Kio had already decided to accompany her. At the very least, if the Drow was going, so was Kio. They had developed an interesting kind of friendship, as their skills synergized well. Kio, the center of attention, and Cal, sliding about, unnoticed.

For a long moment, Kio let his gaze lift up to the Goliath standing there. The smile faded from Kio's face, if only for a few seconds. He and the Goliath made eye contact, and Kio got the sense he was being sized up. Gosh he was huge... and the confident look on his face said "I could squash you with my little finger."

Kio gulped.

After that long moment, he heard someone ordering ale at the bar and zipped over in that direction, landing in the seat beside Sadria and Allietta. "Sadriaaaa! It's been too long!" he beamed at her, then gave her a mischievous look "Sadria, you promised that the next time we met, you would teach me how to do that trick with the cards!" He rifled through his pack, and pulled out a finely painted deck, "I spent nine silver on this, just for the occasion! I'll bet you thought I wouldn't remember"

He placed the deck on the bar top, then grinned at Allietta "Hello there! Are you friends with Sadria as well? Has she shown you the card trick?"

Spoiler: performance
    Show

(1d20+8)[15]

Sadira smiles and says "Of course" it's not her best performance but she shuffles the deck like a pro (her fingers feeling for any trick cards). She throws a couple of cards like boomerangs so they return to the deck, and then does the "pick a card" thing on Allietta a few times and "guesses" her card correctly each time. Then she shows Kio "The" trick and whispers the solution in his ear.

Sadira figures Allietta isn't much for card tricks but says to her "I hope that entertained you the point is that I'm doing it without magic, I could easily fake it with illusions and real magic but I'm not" before turning back to Kio "I don't suppose you've learned any new ones in your travels you'd care to share?"

Sadira has gotten used to the gaze of Zugg by this point. Yes, she is puny in physical combat.
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-04-19 at 07:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta claps at the tricks and has a good time and resist the urge to show off herself and shoot the cards why they fly through the air because she's pretty sure people would be upset about her suddenly firing arrows in the bar. Especially after the reaction the last time she did so. And the time before that. And also the time before that.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Shaking his head as she speaks, "Ahh Lady Sabra, home has always been where I am at at any given moment. How could anyone forget you?" Before she can react to the compliment he continues on, "But if you are in need of assistance than I am here for you. I owe you that. I have had no communication from the Order for some time now. Not that they were overly talkative to begin with, especially to me." His expression darkens briefly but clears away quickly. He nods to a seat at her table, "May I?"
    The compliment doesn't seem to grab Sabra's attention. "Of course you may," Sabra replies. She gestures towards the towering goliath behind her. "This is Zugg. He has been accompanying me for the last couple months. Zugg, Slayer Zaraun will be traveling with us."

She looks back over towards Kio, only to see the dragonborn has zipped off towards the bar with Sadira. She sighs, predicting a headache in her future. "Sadira is another person I've been traveling with," she explains to the slayer. "She's rather more... gregarious, than I am. If what she says is true, a trained cleric would be of great value to dealing with the plague. Most are unwilling to travel as far as the Empire in the North. But I can hardly help but hope there are others that have taken notice." She shakes her head. "That one is very excitable."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The compliment doesn't seem to grab Sabra's attention. "Of course you may," Sabra replies. She gestures towards the towering goliath behind her. "This is Zugg. He has been accompanying me for the last couple months. Zugg, Slayer Zaraun will be traveling with us."

She looks back over towards Kio, only to see the dragonborn has zipped off towards the bar with Sadira. She sighs, predicting a headache in her future. "Sadira is another person I've been traveling with," she explains to the slayer. "She's rather more... gregarious, than I am. If what she says is true, a trained cleric would be of great value to dealing with the plague. Most are unwilling to travel as far as the Empire in the North. But I can hardly help but hope there are others that have taken notice." She shakes her head. "That one is very excitable."
    He nods and nearly bows as he takes the seat, "Please M'lady, call me Cal. Those no longer with the Order generally don't carry the title." Appraising the goliath as Sabra introduces him he realizes he is also being appraised, Big, muscles, likely slower than I am, hamstrings easily reachable, drop him to his knees, slit throat... He shakes off the Hunter, No, this will be an ally. "Hello Zugg, well met."

"She speaks true, Kio is more than he lets on. If I am to go then he will as well." Looking over the group quickly then turning his attention to the room to see who was watching them, Well who wouldnt be with this group assembled, he thought.

Spoiler: Room perception
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14]
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-04-19 at 08:25 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg extends a meaty paw towards the slayer.

"Me Zugg. Goliath Clan Gathakanathi. Barbaric Fighter. You?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength/Athletics: (1d20+9)[15] on grip.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-04-19 at 09:29 PM.
    Now Playing

22. - Top - End - #22

Kobold

Kio smiled and enjoyed the trick. He clapped along with Allietta, praising Sadria for the trick. Of course, he leaned in eagerly to hear the secret as she whispered it to him. He nodded, obviously taking serious mental notes as she relayed these Solemn secrets to him. He would definitely have to practice that one...

Spoiler: Performance Check
    Show
    (1d20+10)[19]

At the mention of his own trick, Kio nods, and waves to the bartender, asking for three simple wooden cups. He produces from his pack three small balls made of smoothed bone, and launches into a rendition of the classic 'Cup and Ball' act. In the end of the act he "changes" the three balls into a pouch full of copper pieces, and happily pays for the ales. He bows cheerfully to his "fans," then laughs.

"Say, I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Kio!" he smiles, extending a hand to Allietta, "What's your name?"
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-04-19 at 11:31 PM.
    - Kio

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta clearly quite enjoys the second routine too. When the hand is offered, instead of shaking it, she clasps her hand around Kio's arm. "I am Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer! It's nice to meet you Kio of I still don't get if you just weren't outside when born or maybe you're all statues come to life in some non-season time or however Surface names work." she replies. The way she introduces herself it's said like you're supposed to recognize her by her name going by her body language and her tone.

(Everything after "Kio of" is said like it's "supposed" to be part of his name, but I didn't feel like doing that hard to read thing where you remove all the spaces.))

24. - Top - End - #24

Kobold

"I am Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer! It's nice to meet you Kio of I still don't get if you just weren't outside when born or maybe you're all statues come to life in some non-season time or however Surface names work." she replies.
    Kio was surprised to have his arm grabbed, and even more surprised at how she filled-in his name. He paused a moment, flustered, getting a better look at the curious girl.
    You are a curious one, aren't you? You say the word 'surface' as though you're not from it... Kio wasn't entirely sure what this meant. All he knew was that she had grabbed the arm that had been marked with the symbol of Bahamut, and as she did so he had gotten the faintest tingle in his spine. Perhaps it was the infernal tinge in her tling blood? Or perhaps something else...

In a flash, he was composed again. He grabbed her arm in the same way she had grabbed his and flashed her a winning smile "A pleasure to meet you, Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer! My last name is actually pronounced 'Drum-nir,' as in: Being very near to a drum, you see? Hehe. However, from what I understand the two of us are going to be friends, and as such, should do away with formalities! You may call me simply Kio, and I shall call you... ummmm" He puzzled a moment, then lit up "Alli! May I call you Alli?"
    - Kio

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"You already did, so I guess you can!" Allietta replies with a laugh. "Uhm... but what season is Drum? Are the seasons musical here? That doesn't sound right.....?" she asks Sadira.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Zugg extends a meaty paw towards the slayer.

"Me Zugg. Goliath Clan Gathakanathi. Barbaric Fighter. You?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength/Athletics: Strength - (1d20+2)[17] on grip.
    Cal had seen this little game many times before within his long lifetime. The Hunter screamed not to do it but Cal suppressed him, Hush, if he crushes my hand I will need you to mask the pain, not even the score. Smiling up at the mountain of muscle Cal reached out his hand and clasped the barbarians. "Cal-aghar Zaraun, former....member... of the Order of the Slayer. A friend to the Lady Lang."

Spoiler: Anti-crushed hand check
    Show
    Strength - (1d20+2)[17]

Hunh, howbow dah!
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-04-20 at 07:21 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

The bar buzzes with talk, stories, yelling, some fist fighting, and even some slurred, drunken singing. As the group converses, and after the talk-stopping showy entrance of the dragonborn, the bar goes back to normal. Though, the eyes of the other patrons seem to hang on every a little more now.

The Slayer and the Goliath seem to be get a gripping start with one another, each testing the waters with the Goliath a bit surprised that the Slayer seems to be keeping up with his grip. Some of the bar patrons watch the tricks, buying drinks for the magicians and flipping coins to them. All-in-all the night seems to be going quite well for the bar. The drink is flowing freely and the fights are small and short. Just what a bar owner loves.

Spoiler: Cal Only
    Show
    As you scan the room, you don't notice anyone staring overly much, or acting suspicious. It seems to be a relatively benign and docile group. You know.....for adventurers.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #28

"You already did, so I guess you can!" Allietta replies with a laugh. "Uhm... but what season is Drum? Are the seasons musical here? That doesn't sound right.....?" she asks Sadira.
    "He's trying to make a pun, his name is pronounced as if he's near to a drum. That's not a direct translation of the name." Sadira nods to Kio "We need to keep the fine art of punnery to a minimum until Allietta adjusts a bit more. She's from as far away as I am but from another direction" Sadira points upwards "Hard to believe but true, there seem to be even more out of context problems than there were with me. Makes me wish I could fly I so I could check it out as far up as she seems to be talking about" Sadira thoughtfully sips more of her Ale.
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-04-20 at 10:08 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

In broken common, the Goliath assures Cal that he is pleased to make his acquaintance. Zugg is quite impressed with the Slayer's hidden strength. But, his stoic demeanor betrays none of the surprise, save for a slight dilation of his pupils and a raising of his eyebrows.

The Goliath broke off the handshake with a newfound amazement of the man's abilities, and a tug of disappointment at his lack of physical superiority. Maybe Zugg soft because long time no smash, he muses to himself.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta makes an "Oh." of understanding Sadira's explanation and then shakes her head sadly and says, "It's too far up to fly with wings or any spell I know of. Otherwise I'd have gone back to tell everyone back home that people really do live down here."
    She pauses for a moment, being slightly homesick for a moment before exclaiming, "Hey, I knew you couldn't fly! Why were you talking about flying earlier?"