New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Chosen Heroes IC

Zugg lets out a string of curse words in his native Giant tongue as his retainer charges recklessly into melee.

HE was the Barbarian. It's HIS job to be in the thick of things. Zugg would be immensely dishonoured if Lady Sabra were killed by goblins while he was in charge of her security.

As such, the hulking mass of muscle redoubles his effort into charging directly towards milady.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Sabra flies down, and lands in the middle of the bodies of some of the villagers. A firebolt flies from her, as her divine magics spread across the villagers around her. A golden pulse emits from her and shoots around the villagers. There are a good many that awake and look around at their surroundings. Many start to scream for various reasons, the two best reasons being that they are now surrounded by goblins, and an unfortunate few that were almost lifeless within the town's walls, are now rejuvenated and completely surrounded by flames that are burning quite hot. If they didn't know you were here before, they do now. All the goblins that Sabra can see turn to look at her, and they all break out in this hooping and hollering that makes them sound like crazed monkeys. However her magic display, and the firebolt that completely obliterates one of the goblin's head, makes them quiet back back down for a moment, looking a bit stunned.

On the other side of the host Zugg yells at the goblins, which seeing that he is the size of a mountain makes them jump back in surprise. Then you see them starts to prepare to fight, mostly knocking arrows in their bows. Their yellow-glowing eyes narrowing and ready to stick you full of holes.

Your time for fighting.....has begun.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alright, You are all up first!
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2017-05-23 at 03:11 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Kio peeks out from behind the tree just in time to see the firebolt incinerate one of the little buggers. His eyes widen as he scans around and realizes that...

"Ah... friends... we may be in a bit of danger here..." He glances about once more, then calls to Cal-aghar "Cal! I don't like the idea of being surrounded by these buggers! I'll take the left, you take the right!" He turns, then, taking a few steps and raising his right hand towards a dense group of goblins off to the left "Bahamut, jilg astahi stoda!"

Suddenly, in a flash of brilliant light, the large, translucent visage of a golden dragon appears hovering above the goblins. It immediately begins to snap and lash out viciously at the beasts, seemingly all at once.

Kio lets out a laugh, then bursts into a rowdy battle hymn, loud enough that Sabra can hear over the cackling and chittering of the shocked goblins.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the blade upon the bone,
    Mine tongue has tasted fruit of where the seeds of war are sown!
    Mine heart has felt the beating fear of fighting all alone,
    and from abaft to fill my sails the winds of wrath have blown!
    "

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Kio moves from K32 to H30, and uses and Action to spend a 4th level spell slot to cast Gaurdian of Faith at C27. (DEX save DC of 14 or take 20 radiant damage. 10 damage on a successful save. Dissipates after dealing a total of 60 damage. Should target goblins in spaces A27, A28, B26, C28, D26 and D27)
    Kio then uses a Bonus Action to give Cal an Inspiration Die (d8) that can be added to one attack roll, saving throw, skill check, attack damage roll, or spent as a reaction for an AC bonus.
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-05-23 at 05:07 PM.
    "I liked the Dragonborn before it was cool"
    - Kio

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

At the sound of screaming, Sabra whips around. Inside the walls, where she hadn't seen, hadn't realized... no. She screams in her mind - Firenze! To me! We have to get these villagers out of here - and leaps into the air once more. Over the wall and into the flames, searching by ear for survivors. She closes on the nearest villager first, dragging them out of the burning rubble and up to the top of the wall. She turns, surveying the chaos for only a brief moment, and a bead of fire shoots from her hand. She barely sees where it lands, engulfing a swathe of goblins in flame, before she's diving back into the fire for the next villager, once more engulfed in heat.

Spoiler
    Show

Sabra has 60 feet of movement per round thanks to her Fly spell.

Free: use Find Steed's telepathy to command Firenze to get over here ASAP. I should have probably shared my Fly spell with her, but alas, too late now.

Move and Action: use 15+ feet of movement to place the villager in M2 in square N3, out of the fire, and the rest to move to P1 to get the villager on the next turn. Athletics - (1d20+7)[22]

Bonus Action: When Sabra and villager are in square N3, turn and cast a Quickened Fireball at L15 L16 goshdarn fireballs
    20ft radius spread that goes around corners, so it hits goblins in [K11, J12, M13, I14, M14, P13, L16, J17, and possibly P17]. And gives the villager in K10 a good scare.

Deals (8d6)[22] fire damage; Dexterity save DC 16 for half.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2017-05-23 at 05:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer
    Tiefling Mystic (Nomad)/Fighter (Sharpshooter) from the Upperlight
    Psionic Focus: Wood and Earth
    Concentrating on: Faithful Archer

"Leave this town now or die stupid ugly things!" Allietta shouts down at the goblins and unleashes a barrage of arrows down upon them. One arrow in particular flies so fast that it's to its target practically the moment after she looses it.

Spoiler
    Show

Move from T13 to N13.

Faithful Archer attack vs Goblin at K9: (1d20+11)[26]
    damage: (1d8+8)[10]
    if crit: (1d8)[2]

Bonus action to use Speed Dart, spending 2 Psi Points.

Action attack 1 vs BG at O9: (1d20+11)[22]
    damage: (1d8+8)[11] + (2d10)[5] = 16
    if crit: (1d8)[7]

Reaction to use Seeking Missile, spending 2 Psi Points, to re-roll attack if Attack 1 misses. If not, use it on the first attack that misses. If none miss, Irish please remind me to refund myself the spent Psi Points.
    (1d20+11)[17]

Action attack 2 vs Goblin at I10: (1d20+11)[21]
    damage: (1d8+8)[16]
    if crit: (1d8)[3]

Action Surge!

Action Surge attack 1 vs Goblin at F10: (1d20+11)[23]
    damage: (1d8+8)[12]
    if crit: (1d8)[8]

Action Surge attack 2 vs Goblin at E7: (1d20+11)[22]
    damage: (1d8+8)[16]

Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-05-23 at 05:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta sees a giant explosion of fire below her. She sees two goblins jump of out the way, and the flames almost seem to miss them. But licks of flames engulf them and they, too, turn to ash. Up in the air, she happily sends arrows to the ground, picking off goblins here and there. Arrow through the head.....arrow through the heart.....arrow through the crotch....ouch. She shoots one of the larger looking goblins and the arrow drive straight through his chest and into the ground......but he does not fall. He looks up and sees you, and screams up at you, and most likely to his friends, in one of the most horrible languages you've heard.

Sabra flies into the flames the first time, getting one villager out. He is burned and in pain....but alive. After sending off her death-ball, she flies back into the fire, going after another villager.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg sees milady fly off into the flames. The Goliath is equal parts impressed and appalled at her lack of self preservation.

Battle-rage now fueling his attacks, the trained Barbarian rockets forward, smashing into the biggest, baddest goblin within range. A flash of steel lights the sky as the Barbarian brings down his huge longsword in an impossibly fast manner. The warrior is out for blood today!

YOU WANT DIE? ZUGG CAN ARRANGE FUNERAL!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L23.
    Bonus Action: Activate Rage. Zugg now has advantage on STR checks and saves. He gets +2 to melee weapon damage. He also resists all damage except psychic.
    Attack 1: Slash BG at M23 with longsword. (1d20+9)[24] to hit. Damage: (d8+8)[12] slashing plus (d8)[3] on crit.
    Attack 2: If BG isn't dead, slash him again with longsword. If dead, L22 gets it. (1d20+9)[29] to hit. Damage: (d8+8)[13] slashing plus (d8)[4] on crit.

Both should hit. First attack deals 12 damage. Second attack deals 17 damage. If this is enough to kill, please let Zugg vertically bisect the goblin boss into left and right halves.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-23 at 09:15 PM.
    Now Playing

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Zugg runs up to the big goblin who seems to be surprise that the big man was even able to reach him so quickly. With one swing of his sword, the goblin is hit. When the pair of them look down, the goblin's arm is slightly flopping beside them both. The goblin looks up at Zugg with a very confused and bewildered look, when Zugg slashes at him again. Unfortunately for the goblin, the way Zugg's blade ended meant that the Longsword was coming from below the goblin. The sword swing up from the ground, hitting the poor thing from in between its legs up through its head. After letting our a horrible scream, the goblin's eyes blink and his two sides peel over, like a banana.

Spoiler: Zugg
    Show
    Make an intimidation check with advantage
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2017-05-23 at 09:59 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Intimidation
    Show
    (1d20+1)[8]
    (1d20+1)[4]

OOC: Well, drat.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-23 at 10:00 PM.
    Now Playing

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Those dice gods are punishing you for the crit lol

While the other goblins see the big one split in two and look fairly nervous, they still have the numbers to overrun you and they seem to remember that.....somehow.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cal starts forward in a run towards Sabra, slashing at goblins as he passes them. The Hunter just smiles...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move to I26 and attacks goblin on the way by

Attack - (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage=11

Attack - (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage=11

Attack - (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage=11

Attack - (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage=11

Obviously if/once he falls I'll quit chopping and continue running (yes I know he was at the end of my movement )

I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sadira is a bit concerned about being surrounded, especially since her armor isn't the greatest. She opts to take out the goblins to one flank and try and seek cover against the goblins coming from the other flank.

Spoiler: actions

Fireball to W34, this should hit 7 goblins. [spoiler=damage
    Show
    (8d6)[36]

Sadira will move to H35 and take cover from arrows using the trees (there should be two here and one a few feet behind her in the direction she threw the fireball)

If allowed she will use her bonus action to release her dancing sword towards the goblins to the left side of the map
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-05-24 at 12:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The fighting erupts and the goblins are both surprised and terrified, they aren't sure what to do. After many have been cut open, slaughtered, and killed...there's a figure that steps out from behind some trees. This is definitely not a goblin, at least not one of the ones you have been seeing running around. His skin is red, his hair is long and black, and he wears somewhat fancy robes. He carries a quarterstaff and it looks as though there are scrolls hanging around his shoulder. Most of you have seen some of his kind before.....a hobgoblin.....though never seen one look like this.

The hobgoblin yells something out in their horrible language, and points a finger right at Cal-agar. A small, red dot shoots from its finger and races towards Cal. Sadira's eyes go wide as she sees the dot race towards Cal, but before she can move or say anything, the dot hits Cal and explodes towards her and Kio. Once the explosion subsides, the trees around them are on fire but the goblins around them don't seem to be touched at all.

The hobgoblin yells out again, and all the other goblins yell back.....pulling out bows, and charging the group. It is then a sea of goblins, swords, and arrows as they attack the group. Kio gets stabbed a few times, with a couple of arrow now jetting out of his back. Cal-agar get a few arrow sent his way, a couple that connect. And while he is reeling in pain, he gets a knife to the leg that sends a lot of pain though his whole body. And poor Zugg....while the goblins saw him mutilate their companions, the appearance of the hobgoblin seems to have bolstered their spirits. Especially after that Hobgoblin let look with what looks like a giant fire-blast.

As Sabra and Allietta watch, the goblins close in on the, now alive, villagers. Any villagers moving get attacked one way or another. Some of them are spared and get out of the way....but many of them are cut down again by sword and arrow.

As the goblins attack, through the trees and in the distance, you see more goblins starts to crawl out of the forest.

Show
    Ok, damage report:
    Most villagers dead now.

Zugg ended up with 54 points of damage on him, 27 because of his resistance. He's lucky his AC is so high lol

Kio ended up with 19 points of damage

Cal ended up with 16 points of damage

A Fireball was cast and hit Cal, Kio, and Saidra. 23 damage, DC 13 Dex save to take half damage.

PC's Turn

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Psionic Focus: Nomadic Arrow

Allietta frowns, annoyed the goblins didn't get the message and also a little annoyed at herself because if she wasn't so high up she could probably save the villagers instead of just getting an early start on avenging them, and looses a few more arrows. Particularly towards the hobgoblin whose actions might have been the difference between the goblins leaving or not. She is one with her bow and the arrows and the thick trees and leaves in the way matter not to her, there is a path to her targets.

Spoiler
    Show

If any attack misses, using Reaction to use Seeking Missile: (1d20+11)[21]
    Edit: Irish let me know if I needed to use this so I mark of the spent psi points.

Faithful Archer attack vs BG at M12: (1d20+11)[16]
    damage: (1d8+8)[10]

Bonus action change Psionic Focus to Nomadic Arrow.

Attack 1 vs Hobgoblin: (1d20+11)[14]
    damage: (1d8+8)[14]
    if crit: (1d8)[5]

Attack 2 vs Hobgoblin: (1d20+11)[12]
    damage: (1d8+8)[12]
    if crit: (1d8)[7]

If Hobgoblin dies from Attack 1, Goblin at K11.

Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-05-25 at 05:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The goblins were like gnats to a monster like Zugg. Unfortunately for him, given sufficient numbers, even the puniest collection of gnats can sting even the mightiest warrior who can't dispatch them all at one go.

Finding himself surrounded by little puny gnats, the goliath enters a state of unnatural calm. Suddenly, he thrusts out a meaty arm towards the goblin in front of him!

Spoiler
    Show
    During enemy turn, assuming a goblin missed Zugg with a melee attack, he will activate Riposte manuever. With his reaction, Zugg will attack the goblin.

Reaction Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[19] plus (1d4)[4]
    Hit: (1d8+8)[13] plus (1d8)[7].
    Crit: (2d8)[14].

Object interaction: Sheath sword.

Action: Attack. Use one of the attacks to attempt a grapple.

Grapple is a Strength (Athletics) check vs. target's Athletics or Acrobatics check. I bet the goblins will be using Acrobatics. Zugg has advantage on STR checks and saves while raging.

Zugg's Strength: (1d20+9)[11] or (1d20+9)[21]
    Goblin's (L22) Acrobatics: (1d20+2)[15]

I will make a second post depending on the outcome of this action.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-26 at 04:15 AM.
    Now Playing

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Successfully grabbing the hapless goblin by the head, Zugg switches his grip to the creature's ankle. The gigantic hulk swings the poor creature in a full circle around him, intent on inflicting grievous harm with a body to the swarming gnats around him!

YOU WANT PIECE OF ZUGG?!!! ZUGG SMAAAAAAASH!

Spoiler
    Show
    Part 2 of Attack.

Improvised Weapon Attack with Goblin: (1d20+6)[23] plus (1d4)[3] from Bless.
    I don't know if DM will flavor this as vs. AC or a DEX save. I will also leave the damage up to DM.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-26 at 04:15 AM.
    Now Playing

17. - Top - End - #107

Kobold

Kio twirls his sword, trying his best to parry and slap away the tiny goblin blades, but alas, the little buggers slice him up pretty good. He bares his teeth as a flurry of tiny twisted arrows THUNK into his back! he snarls in pain, then catches the desperate look on Sadria's face. Kio's eyes go wide for a moment. He ducked as fast as he could, turning his back to what he knew was coming next. It explodes with hungry fury, licking over his body and clothes, eager to consume him! Despite this, his scales protect him from most of the onslaught, and he feels that the damage was minimal. However, he also feels the sliken white cloth burning away from Echo, revealing the bone axe strapped to his back.

Despite the desperate appearance of the situation, Kio begins to chuckle, then cackle, then howl in laughter, smoke and fire spilling from his bloody mouth! He raises his right arm, the frilly sleeve now burned away enough to reveal the pattern of a Draconian tattoo covering his arm with twisting swirls. Kio snaps his fingers, and the tattoo suddenly flashes with blinding light!

"HA'AS!" He commands, and suddenly the wounds of his friends begin to mend, and their chests begin to glow with a divine warmth.

His hand then lowers slowly, until his glowing finger is pointing directly at the heart of the Hobgoblin across the way.

"Bang," he whispers with a wink.

Spoiler: Actions!!
    Show
    - Kio manages to make his save from the fireball, and takes reduced damage for being a Dragonborn.

- Kio is going to try and use his crazed laughter and the smoke from his mouth to try and act like a war-crazed and terrifying beast
    Performance - (1d20+7)[21]
    If performance is successful:
    Intimidation - (1d20+5)[25]

- Kio uses a Bonus Action to cast Mass Healing Word, targeting himself, Zugg, Cal, and Sadria
    Heal (1d4+8)[12] damage each!

- Kio is using an Action and spending a 3rd level spell slot to cast Guiding Bolt at the Hobgoblin!
    Spell Attack - (1d20+6)[18]
    On Hit - (7d6)[24]Radiant Damage
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-05-25 at 11:48 PM.
    - Kio

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Sabra beckons the second villager quickly into her arms and takes to the air again. Fire licks at her skin, claws at her heart. A tiny, crazy, part of her almost feels calm in the fire, even as she can feel blisters forming. As the smoke clears from her eyes, she gasps, a short sharp intake of breath as the goblins descend upon the people she'd just revived. The screams fill Sabra's ears but there's no time , barely enough to act let alone indulge in guilt or the little nagging voice that questions what she thinks she can do about plague when she can't even fight off a foe she can defeat with blade and spell - she dives forward, nearly colliding with a villager half-surrounded by goblins.

She looks down at them, floating above their heads scorched and angry, and snarls "You want someone to fight?" She readjusts her hold on the villager just enough and extends a finger towards Zugg. A bead flies too-quick from her fingers and she hears rather than sees the effects of it landing. "Try me."

Show

Action: Pick up villager in P1 Athletics - (1d20+7)[13]
    Movement: Fly to P11.
    Bonus Action: Quickened Fireball at L23, in accordance with Zergrinch's tactics. 2 SP and another 3rd level slot for (8d6)[22] fire damage, Dex save 16 for half.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2017-05-26 at 03:27 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg roars in defiance as the goblins, swirling like pesky gnats, surround him, ready to cut him down to size. His bicep twitches, as he prepares to cut them into giblets of puny meat.

Suddenly, a blast of flame suddenly envelopes Zugg's vision, and the world explodes into a sea of red!

Spoiler
    Show
    DEX save with advantage (DC 16) vs Fireball: (1d20+3)[8] (1d20+3)[10]

While raging, Zugg resists everything but psychic. 11 damage to Zugg.

(rest of turn after DM updates map)
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-26 at 04:26 AM.
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Casting around for the mage who incinerated him, Zugg's eyes fall upon the hobgoblin. Pointing a meaty finger at the dead mage walking, Zugg roars a threat while slowly but steadily advancing in a menacing manner, still carrying the mangled goblin he had used as a flail.

PUNY MAGIC NO HURT ZUGG. ZUGG RIP YOU IN TWO!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action to use Second Wind to restore (d10+7)[11] HP.

Move to O29.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-05-30 at 03:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Sadira says "Right Back At you" to the Hobgoblin as she casts Hellish rebuke, and moves further away, her sword flying along behind her swatting at any goblins about to come around the trees she was at before (and covering her passage)

For some reason my post with the die rolls got posted to the OOC section instead of IC, if you want me to re-roll that's fine.
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-05-29 at 05:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Oh before I forget

"Behold Goblins, your wizard is being consumed for daring to strike me!"

Spoiler: intimidation
    Show
    (1d20+7)[10]

... okay so maybe not. The last intimidate was much better.
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-05-29 at 05:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

As the goblins close in, explosions happen all at once. But not before Zugg picks up a goblin and literally starts beating another goblin to death with it. After that goblin is dead, Zugg turns to the others. And to the goblins, his look makes them explode. For as the large goliath looks at the rest of them, screaming about their inevitable end, they all explode in a large ball of fire. Not too far away, another ball of fire consumes the already on fire hobgoblin, as well as some other goblins in the vicinity. There is nothing left of any of them.

The goblins do not go closer to Zugg, but pull out bows and start firing. Some of them rush up on Sadira, her sword having dispatched one. But for the most part the goblins in the south seems to be dispersing. At least for a moment. The small group then starts to hear shouts and screams in the harsh goblin tongue. Most of the voices are the normal goblin voices, but some seem different. However....for the two heroes in the north the story is much different. More and more goblins start to pour from around the north part of the city. A few more robbed hobgoblins come out, as well as some of the larger looking goblins. The do what goblins do and stat firing upon Sabra, and some even try and fire up to Allietta.

Show

Spoiler: DM's Eyes Only
    Show

Sab [roll4d6+8[/roll]
    Kio (2d6+4)[9]
    Cal (1d6+2)[5]
    Allietta (2d6+4)[12]

Sabra gets stucks with a whopping 25 points worth of arrow damage

Kio with 9 dmg, Cal with 5 dmg, and Allietta with 12 points of damage

As Allietta looks around for her next target, an arrow inexplicably flies up from the ground and strikes her right in the leg, shafting stick out from either side of it. And as she looks at the new hobgoblins that she can see, but no one else seem to be able to see yet, they seem to just suddenly multiply.

PC's TURN
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2017-06-06 at 05:08 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Psionic Focus: Nomadic Arrow

Allietta curses in celestial at the sudden appearance of an arrow in her leg. Fortunately she's battle trained enough not to lose her focus and puts the matter of "I have an arrow in my leg" to the side and continues trying to put arrows in goblins, specifically the ones around Sabra and the villagers she's attempting to save.

Spoiler
    Show

If any attack misses, using Reaction to use Seeking Missile: (1d20+11)[21]
    Irish let me know if I needed to use this so I mark of the spent psi points.
    Really, because if I do I use a bonus action for Mystic Recovery to regain 2 hp.

Faithful Archer attack vs Goblin at Q11: (1d20+11)[18]
    damage: (1d8+8)[13]
    if crit: (1d8)[4]

Attack 1 vs Goblin at P12: (1d20+11)[14]
    damage: (1d8+8)[9]

Attack 2 vs Goblin at P13: (1d20+11)[30]
    damage: (1d8+8)[14]
    if crit: (1d8)[1]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta, concentrating through the pain, sends deadly arrows to her three targets, creating a path for Sabra.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cal sighs a the horde, this fight was going as he had expected. All the while the hunter was screaming in his head, never retreat, never surrender!! He steps towards Kio and attacks a couple of the goblins surrounding him. Quietly he says to Kio, "We have to go, this....we cannot survive. If you have a way of alerting the others let them know, but we leave NOW."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Step behind two of the goblins and attack

Attack - (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage = 11

Attack - (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage = 11

Attack - (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage = 11

Attack - (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage = 11

If they go down he will grab Kio physically if he has to.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-06-07 at 11:19 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #117

Kobold

When the drow cuts down the two goblins behind Kio, Kio has a moment of hesitation. He looks back towards the billiard, where he can just make out Sabra, flying, desperately trying to save a villiager. He grits his teeth, desperately wishing he could heal her, but she was just too far away. He curses in draconic, then nods to Cal, speaking softly "All right, but we're staying close by. There's a chance I can save Sabra if she falls." Kio places his hand on his chest, and begins to heal himself.

As he does this, he looks towards Zugg. You're okay, big guy. Live.. Come on... Live!

"Ha'as" Kio whispers, his voice laced with powerful magic. Then Kio is makes ready to move with Cal, as quickly and quietly as possible.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    - Kio casts Cure Wounds on himself at 2nd level
    (2d8+7)[15]

- Kio casts healing word at 2nd level on Zugg
    (2d4+7)[9]

- Kio gets ready to move with Cal wherever he goes
    - Kio

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Cal fights his way through to Kio, cutting down all 4 goblins in his way, urging the young dragonborn to get out of Dodge.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Once that goes down we will exit the shortest least resistant way off the map. Assuming Cal sees Sabra coming he will certainly wait on her.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-06-08 at 07:47 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Sabra swings her shield in front of the burned villager, guarding them from the arrows. She herself is not so lucky, and she feels each one hit hard, battering her armor and piercing mail to draw blood. "Firenze, get this one out of here!" she thinks. She can practically feel the mare's eyes roll as she dashes forward. Sabra looks down at the villager below her, cowering. "Firenze will help you get away. Just hold on."

With that, she lowers her shield again and springs into motion, speeding through the gap Alletia created and past Zugg -- "Retreat," she commands, the word bitter on her tongue -- until she's almost back where Kio and Slayer Zaraun await. "There... may have been more goblins than I fully understood," she observes. Her arm is dripping blood. She tries to ignore it.

Spoiler
    Show

Firenze is going to move to O11 (45 ft movement) and wait for the villager to get on (probably the villager's action, possibly hers too) and use the remaining movement to follow Sabra south (so back to O14, or M24 if she still has her action to Dash with). Warhorses move at 60 ft per round.

Sabra uses the Dash action to increase her movement, holds her movement until Firenze arrives then Dashes 120 ft to L21 (can I do that?)
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2017-06-08 at 07:04 PM.