Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Dungeon Run Campaign

Spoiler
    Show
    Daethe

The elf overreaches and stumbles, but picks himself up. He suffers a moment of panic until he notices the worg lying at the horse's feet.

"Thank you, Solonor," he says fervently, and hurries over to calm the horse - and the girl, who will almost certainly have woken up by now.

But first, there is work to be done:
    Coup de Grace Damage - (1d8+3)[11] x 2 = 22 damage
    Fort save or insta-die, DC 32 (as if it's needed )

After dispatching the worg and spending a while with the girl, Daethe binds his wounds with what he can find and sets out for Gradt once more, wondering how many wounds and how much loot Kheldar and Francis have acquired without him, and whether the half-orc has betrayed them yet.
    Last edited by Naleh; 2008-01-16 at 03:33 PM. Reason: coup de grace info

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

@Naleh-
    Spoiler
    Show
    You once again set out to the town with little more hassle than some bumps in the road.

@Rest of Party-
    What do you guys want to do?
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Dmitri

OOC: I've said what I want, and that's preferably to rest, recover some of my hp, then march on in search of the prisoners. If you guys want to go on now, I'll just hang in the back, with my bow to avoid being smacked around more.

Uhh, aren't elves cannibals? I'd been told that they were by another ranger I met, half-orc, like me. If that's the case, I'm having second thoughts about letting the elf run off with that kid. What do you guys think?
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Francis

I am going to rest up my Hp and wait here until Daethe returns.
    Where did you hear that? Elves are not cannibals in fact I trust the elf far more than I trust you.
    Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment.
    -The Mouse that Roared

5. - Top - End - #425

Kheldar

Kheldar stares in astonishment at Dmitri. "Are they? Really? I've never met a cannibal before. Unless orcs are cannibals. And I've met quite a few orcs and they sure seemed like the sort that would be ca--"
    Saying that in front of a half-orc probably wasn't a good idea, upon reflection.
    "Uhm, how about we keep going? Yeah! That sounds like a great idea!"
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Dmitri

Psh... I know full-orcs are cannibals, and I'm not even sure about some of the other half-orcs I've met. Frankly, I've always had one big question concerning my race. When humans go and raid an orc settlement, do they forget that they're supposed to leave out the rape bit of pillage/loot/rape/burn/etc.? Anyway, I'm all for resting a bit, and waiting for the elf, regardless of whether or not he's a cannibal.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-01-20 at 07:47 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by king korath View Post
    Francis

I am going to rest up my Hp and wait here until Daethe returns.
    Where did you hear that? Elves are not cannibals in fact I trust the elf far more than I trust you.
    Once again, HARSH! Burn! Anyway, so I will give you guys time to tie a rope around the halfling and drag him back to a place to rest while you wait for Daethe while I finish up with him now. So..... who bought rope? XP will be awarded with the return of the elf friend. So far, as far as I am concerned, role-playing XP is something all of you achieved.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428

Kheldar

"Hmm, strange... Humans raiding orc settlements? Isn't it usually the other way around?"
    Kheldar misses the fact that they are kind of raiding an orc settlement right now.
    "And I also wonder... You know how there are half-orcs and stuff, right? Well, I've always wondered if there were any half-halflings. What'd they be called... I always assumed quarterlings! Because that's half of a halfling, but then there's the fact that half-halflings would be about three-quarters the size of a human so they'd be called three-quarterlings, which doesn't really make much sense when you think about it."
    And then, in a topic change that completely derails the conversion, "Can I scout ahead? Please-please-please-please let me scout ahead! I've always wanted to do some scouting! Maybe there's some fun traps up ahead! I'll behave, I promise!"
    ---

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Francis
    Just don't get to far ahead, and don't die. If you run into too much for you to handle Come back and let me deal with it.
    Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment.
    -The Mouse that Roared

10. - Top - End - #430

Kheldar

"Sweet!" Kheldar smiles broadly like an eight-year-old and continues down the hallway, making sure to keep his footsteps silent and his body inside the shadows. Not even an eagle would be able to spot him!
    He won't go too far ahead, as were the conditions - no more than a hundred feet away from the group... Unless there's something really interesting.

[Hide 35, Move Silently 31]
    ---

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Dmitri

All right then, I just try to rest off my wounds.
    Francis, is it? If you're hurt at all, I've got a first aid kit that I know how to use, or if you don't trust me enough, forget it.

I then sulk at the fact that you can't use the heal skill on yourself. (OOC: It does make sense though, I've taken first aid classes myself, and it'd be incredibly hard to treat yourself, if it is indeed possible.)

(OOC: OT: Is there some tutorial online on how to make OotS avatars? I'd like to give Dmitri a visual representation.
    Lol. Weird thought that requires a second edit. I wanna see Kurt Cobain OotS-ified.)
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-01-21 at 09:47 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

@Kheldar-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Give me a Search check.

@Naleh-
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you ride ever closer to Gradt, the girl once again opens her eyes, and studies you with her child-like eyes. "What happened to you?" She asks, yawning in the process, but still, almost a little scared.

@I didn't tie up the halfling people-
    Umm, you guys just hang back, and umm, tell each other jokes as the halfling skips gleefully away into darkness, sorta.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433

[OOC]@randman: Skip over to the Arts and Crafts forum here, there are a few threads over there where you can observe how other people make OotS-style avatars, or request one of your own.
    Best way to learn, though, is to observe the Giant's work and just practice, practice, practice. Develop your own style and such.[/OOC]

Kheldar

"I wonder what I will find..."

[Search check 15]
    ---

14. - Top - End - #434

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Daethe

Bluff - (1d20+1)[10]
    "Oh, nothing. I'm just fine," says the elf, too quickly. He changes the subject. "Um, shall we break for lunch? I dunno about you, but I haven't eaten in ages!"
    Last edited by Naleh; 2008-01-21 at 08:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

@Kheldar-
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you proceed down the hall you notice something to your left glowing faintly, like a gem or some sort of magical effect.

@Naleh-
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh." says the girl yawning and stretching out her arms. "Are you sure your all right, you really are bleeding?" You notice her eyes are open now, but they are filled with worry as you ride ever closer to Gradt.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

Goblin

Bad game! No stalling!

Spoiler
    Show
    Daethe

"Yeah, but I tend to bleed quite often. Something in the job description. I'll be alright, you just worry about getting home."

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

@Naleh-
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, okay." says the girl and she then curdles close to you trying to hide in your cloak to keep warmm and fall asleep as it once again starts to become dark. Within the next few hours, you reach Gradt and the gates are opened for you by town soldiers. The king comes out before you and sees the child. "Oh my God! Sarah, are you okay? How....Where.....Is she alright? He asks you after a moment trying to gather his thoughts.

Also Naleh, I noticed you are short on cookies. For good RPing, I will give all of you guys a cookie. Enjoy!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438

Kheldar

Spoiler
    Show
    Munching happily on the cookie, Kheldar stares wide-eyed at the shiny gem thing.
    "So... Pretty..." He says, or at least tries to say with a cookie in his mouth. Disobeying pretty much every single rule in the Adventurer's Survival Guide, Kheldar starts to walk towards the shiny to at least get a better look at it.
    ---

19. - Top - End - #439

Goblin

COOKIE!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Daethe

The elf grins. "Just a few scratches, and a lot of fright. She'll be fine." He begins to dismount, and winces. "Although, I could use a healer."
    Last edited by Naleh; 2008-01-27 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spoiler tags

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Dmitri

I watch with interest as a chocolate chip cookie materializes in mid air in front of me. After it finishes materializing, and drops into my lap, I shrug and begin to munch on it, hoping it'll heal me a bit.

(Muttering) I hope that kid... or man I suppose... Halflings are strange... doesn't get himself killed by weird ancient enchantments or traps or anything... He's the only one here with a sense of humor, or lack thereof, which is still quite funny.
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

@Kheldar-
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk closer to the gem thingie, an alarm sounds from somewhere inside the wall, and a bolt of lightning comes out and runs out towards you. -Reflex Save-
    Lightning Damage - (5d6)[17]

@Naleh-
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh my boy, certainly!" he says and waves his hand and two men rush from behind him and place you on the ground and examine your wounds. After a little while, you begin to feel more refreshed and you can feel the cuts close on your skin. "My........How can I repay you for this.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442

Kheldar

Spoiler
    Show
    [Reflex Save 23] (Taking into account Evasion and Trap Sense.)

"Meep!" Kheldar can only exclaim as he most likely dodges the lightning bolt entirely, dropping the rest of his cookie in the process.
    "Ooooh!" Kheldar says once he gets his breath back, forgetting the bits of cookie now lying on the floor and now faced with an interesting new thingie. "Stupid mage-ick traps. Probably resettable as well. Stupid mage-ick casters, bleh."
    Kheldar, now fully alert, attempts to move closer to the origin of the lightning bolt, making sure he isn't putting himself into the path of a potential next lightning bolt.
    ---

23. - Top - End - #443

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Daethe

Thank the gods for healing magic!...Literally...

"Well, firstly, I didn't save her alone. Francis Don't-Make-Fun-of-the-Name-or-Else and Kheldar Shadowstep, Halfling Adventurer Extraordinaire, are still at the orc's stronghold, seeing whether they can rescue any other poor souls, or find out who's in charge. So they'll need rewards too. Oh, and Eric Zanzibar, but he teleported away when we were halfway in." Unsurprisingly, Daethe doesn't consider that Dmitri might deserve reward. He's just a half-orc, after all.

"Secondly, you could repay us with your everlasting gratitude and a level-appropriate quest completion reward. I hear that method's rather popular these days."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

@Naleh-
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your other companions, you left them?" He asks as he holds his daugther tightly to his chest. "Well, when you all come back, I will give you a banquet in your honor and treasure that shall be named by yourselves." +250 XP for good Role-Playing in addition to the 1,750

@Kheldar-
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk closer to the trap, you can hear hurried footsteps coming from down the hall. +250 XP for good Role-Playing in addition to the 1,750

As for XP, I will give you all 1,750 XP for retrieving the King's daughter and defeating the Hobgoblin Fighters, The worg, and the last second trap. Dmitri add 250 for general good role-playing. Francis, sorry but not a whole lot of character going on, but the smashing is good, keep that up. Maybe recite Shakespeare or something while doing it.
    Last edited by Slash_712; 2008-01-30 at 10:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445

Kheldar

"Ohcrapohcrapohcrap-Meeep!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Kheldar, abandoning all caution, makes a springing leap towards the shiny object, thrusting it into one of his pockets if possible.

From there, he will either find a good place of cover to dive behind and hide, or (if no such cover is available) bolt out of the room at top speed and run back towards the rest of the group.
    [Hide check (If applicable) 34]
    ---

26. - Top - End - #446

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Daethe

"Most agreeable, my lord. And now, by your leave, I shall make a start back to my companions. Yes, I know it's too late in the evening for travel. I'm a wood elf: I'll find a tree to sleep in."

Then, by the king's leave, Daethe makes a start back to his companions. When night falls, he does as a wood elf: he finds a tree to sleep in.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Orc in the Playground

@Kheldar-
    Spoiler
    Show
    You dive behind the tiny wall that covers the stairs down to the next level of the dungeon as the footseps grow ever closer towards you.

@Naleh-
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you set out again, you manage to make your way about half a day's ride back to the dungeon.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448

Kheldar

Spoiler
    Show
    Kheldar stays there.

---

29. - Top - End - #449

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Daethe

Daethe snores.

Hmm. For Daethe it's night, and he's just gone to sleep... but the rest of the party is still in midmorning, I'm guessing. So unless you've got other plans for Daethe, I guess I'll stand back for a while, to let time even out. Maybe he'll make a few inane comments in his sleep.

...Where are king korath and randman22222?

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Dmitri

In a semi-conscious, resting state, I wait for something to happen.

(OOC: That's where he is.)
    This avatar by Phase.