New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon Run Campaign

Kheldar does find a lock that looks fairly simple, opened with a swift hit and maybe a little work with some lockpicks.
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kheldar

"Whew!" Kheldar makes an audible sigh at having something to put his skills to.
    Those thieves tools are out a second later, and are being set to work on the chest.

Open Lock 14, bah.
    I'll take 10 if that doesn't work, for a result of 20.
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

Eric takes another look at the unconscious goblin to make sure it's still unconscious, then turns to look at the massive chest. Turning to his teammates the says. "Who wants to bet that this thing is full of prisoners instead of treasure?"

The fighter briefly imagines that they find the kings daughter in a chest in a 10x10 room guarded by orcs and goblins. He bursts into laughing and has to wipe tears from his eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

4. - Top - End - #64

Goblin

Daethe

Daethe glances around warily, and, though his eyes come to rest on the chests, he remains well back in the centre of the room.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Francis

Francis ties up the knocked out goblin and waits for him to awaken.
    Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment.
    -The Mouse that Roared

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

After having no success with the chest with his first attempt, Kheldar decides to calm down a bit a let his fingers work without being too excited. After a little while he hears the lock click and inside he sees a pile a gold coins.

{OOC- For any player who wants their character to count them, there are 240. Also for a while I won't be able to post daily necessarily so just bear with me.}
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Francis

Let us divide the gold we get on this mission by who has killed the most monsters. It is only fair.
    Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment.
    -The Mouse that Roared

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

DM wonders if he should zap the selfish Barbarian for about 5d6 six points of pure random damage.

{OOC- I am sorry about not posting, right now I will be out from about 7:30 in the morning to about 2:00 in the afternoon for football practice and when I come home all I want to do is sleep so please be patient.}
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

Kheldar

Ooh, the halfling has about twenty witty comebacks for that suggestion. But only one will do.
    "Only if you can actually count up to how many I'm going to kill!" he picks.

"Better solution, and I did this with the last group I was with, so it works. We take all of the money and shove it into a group fund, with one of us as the treasurer. If somebody wants to buy something, then party treasurer says yes or no." He then smirks. "Of course, the treasurer won't be treasurer for long if he decides to say no to everything but his own buyings. Savvy?"
    ---

10. - Top - End - #70

Goblin

Daethe

"Now now, Kheldar," says Daethe, his voice ironic, "Francis' idea is a great one, if you want to encourage the murder of innocents."

More seriously, he adds, "Many people've been blinded by gold to the point of, say, killing the prisoners as well as the orcs. Or killing orcs who've nothing to do with kidnapping. Who are we to define 'monsters'?"

{OOC: ...Of course, archers aren't famed for killing monsters en masse. Except maybe Legolas.}

11. - Top - End - #71

Kheldar

He feels the need to clear something up.
    "Right, sorry, I didn't actually mean killing anything in sight and calling it a monster to justify."

[OOC]Oh, Legolas' and Gimli's frag-count games. *Tsk*[/OOC]
    ---

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

The fighter looks at the other three there, "We come across our first chest and we're already squabbling over coins?"" He sighs, "Listen, I think there's about 240 gold coins there, and I'm pretty sure there are four of us here... so what say we all take 60 gold each and get on with this. Lets save our fighting for when we start getting magic items we can't divide by... well, division."

He sighs and looks at the goblin to see if its showing any signs of waking up. Then he looks at the dead orcs and goblins and searches them, to see if they are carrying any spare change on them...

He's a fighter, not a paladin.

Search: (1d20+2)[19]
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-08-14 at 10:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

{OOC - Yes! Atleast one person in my campaign can do math. As for the legolas and gimli kill contest, priceless}

Randel searches the bodies all over the floor, but only finds that they are carrying their rusty weapons and armor. As for the unconcious goblin, he does seem to be stirring now.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

Eric takes the rusty weapons and puts them in his bag, might be worth a few silver to sell them and at the very least that will be a few less weapons their enemies can use. He collects his 60 gp from the chest and watches the goblin rousing. "Anyone here know how to interrogate?" he asks.

"First question would be what they were doing here since we didn't bother to ask before attacking."
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

The fighter sighs "I guess I'll do it." he says quietly and then leans down to the goblin, facing it while holding his longsword in hand in plain view as he speaks to it in goblin.

"Alright, here's how it lays out. We killed all those guys there and we're perfectly willing to kill you, if nothing else than for the practice. Now, answer our questions and instead we might just let you crawl away from here alive and with all your limbs attached."

Intimidate check: (1d20+2)[21]

After a pause he asks the questions.

"Who are you and what were you and these other guys," *he motions to the dead goblins and orcs* "doing here just now?"

"What do you know about the kidnapped people and the princess?"

"Who is leading this operation and where can we find him?"

and finally,

"Why were the kidnappings taken place?"

Sense motive check to see if the goblin is answering truthfully: (1d20+1)[14]
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Kheldar

The halfling looks nervously at what the goblin's response is going to be.
    He doesn't like interrogation. In fact, he'd much rather let the captive wake up and then he'd simply dare him to try and attack the group on his own.
    "Careful if he doesn't know!" He calls out helpfully.
    ---

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

The goblin looks up at the fighter and shuttering a little he says.

""I am Grunch sir." He says in very rough Common. "I am a grunt hired here by some other orc captain here somewhere in this dungeon. I don't know where he is. He is generally going around making checks. As for the kidnappings, I know little about why we do it or about this princess. I know nothing about if they are even alive still." After he finishes he tries to slink away into a corner and hide himself from you guys.

For Randel Only
    Spoiler
    Show

He seems to be telling the truth.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

Eric nods at this, "Okay then, looks like we'll just have to go forward then." He gets up, ready to press on. He's not surprised that the goblin doesn't know about the plans, organizations like this rarely let the lower mooks know very much.

"Well, unless anyone else has any questions I suggest we press on and see about getting to the higher-ups before too long. Francis, maybe untie him to get your rope back, I don't think we have to kill this guy, we already beat him." He thinks a bit, "We can probably stuff him in the chest there and lock it if we don't want him warning the others about us."

Since they already beat and disarmed him, there's no need to kill him, but letting him walk away could run the risk of him warning others.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Kheldar

The halfling laughs, both at Eric's suggestion and at a little bit of surprise that the goblin can speak common in a civilized manner, even saying "Sir" and such.
    "I do believe that Mr Stabbity," he holds up his rapier to indicate it, "would kill the goblin a lot more humanely than days spent stuck in a box where, if the lack of food and water don't get to you, the lack of air will." He then raises his eyebrow in an expression that would ask "Do you have any better ideas?"
    ---

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

"Well if you want to kill him then go ahead and do it!" The fighter says, exasperated. "Listen, I'm just going to keep going and when you guys catch up, either you'd have the problem solved however you want or Grunch here will be our wacky new sidekick."

Eric picks up his sword and heads for the door that leads further into this dungeon. He opens it and presses forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Kheldar

"Oooh, yeah, he's so cute as well! Lets keep him." Kheldar puts away his rapier and moves up to the goblin as though the goblin were a puppy.
    Yes, that's complete with the "Come here, Grunch! Come here! There's a good goblin!"
    ---

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Eric moves out of the room back into the 80 feet wide lobby. About 80 feet to the East you spot a door and about 45 and 50 feet away and 30 feet up you spot two more doors. Along the doors 30 feet above, there is a wall of the room extending 25 feet in both directions, and then there is an open hall. sorta like this, please work.

Code:
    1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _1_ _ _ _ _DD_ _ _ _ _1
    1                    1                                               _ _ _ _     _ _ 
    1                    1                                              1         1_1   1
    1             _ _ _1                                       _ _ _1            R    1
    1             1                                             1                         1
    1             1 _ _                                        1                         1
    1                  1                                        Y                         1
    1                  D                                        1                         1
    1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ 1_ _ _ 1                               1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _1
                              -1                                 1
                              -1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _1
    Y= You (Eric)
    R= Rest of the party+ Goblin
    D= Door
    _= Horizontal Wall
    1= Vertical Wall

As for Kheldar, as you come forward the goblin scrucnhes into a ball and tries to imagine himself somewhere else. You hear constant little whimpers, but he doesn't run.

{OOC- Dang so close, but this thing doesn't want to work for me, please use quote again, sorry}
    Last edited by Slash_712; 2007-08-17 at 07:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

Eric looks around the room and sighs, this probably isn't the brightest idea but he just couldn't think of killing someone who is effectivly helpless and hasn't really done anything wrong... but he didn't doubt the goblin would have warned the others of their presence.

"Stupid scruples..." he says under his breath. Should have been a paladin for all this trouble.

Shaking his head, he decides to head for the doors on the upper wall, moving along the upper wall, searching for secret doors, traps, or anything else suspicious as he goes. Hopefully, the others will have solved the problem and meet up with him before he makes it to the other side. He could then say he was searching for traps, not waiting.

In the back of his mind he smirks and makes a mental wager that the two doors lead to male and female restrooms. He chuckles at the thought.

Search: (1d20+2)[5]
    Spot: (1d20+2)[6]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[7]
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-08-18 at 02:45 AM. Reason: mis spelling
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Francis

I follow Eric, on alert for traps or enemies

Search (1d20-1)[15]
    spot (1d20+1)[7]
    listen (1d20+7)[14]
    -The Mouse that Roared

25. - Top - End - #85

Kheldar

Noticing that all of the others don't seem to want to address the goblin, Kheldar shrugs, before saying to the goblin, in its own language (for added comfortability!), [Goblin]"I don't care if you run, follow, or move ahead to warn your friends. Just try not to get yourself in kidnapping schemes again. That sort of thing brings people like us."

He then leaves the goblin to do whatever, and hovers around the door that the others are going through, and sits down to laugh silently at what they are doing. "Having fun?"

Spot check 18, Listen check 26
    ---

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

The initial search of the doors reveals nothing dangerous.

For Kheldar and Francis only
    Spoiler
    Show

You can hear rough orcish grunts and growls behind the doors.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

Kheldar

The halfling stands up again, and moves slowly and calmly over to the door where the others are, readying actions to draw both his weapons when they do open it.
    "So! What could be behind Door Number One?" He jokingly half-whispers.
    ---

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric

Eric readies his great sword and nods to the others there as he slowly gets a good grip on the door handle... "Okay, on the count of three. One... two... three!" He opens the door wide for the others.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Francis

I charge and attack. power attack for 3.

initiative (1d20+2)[6]
    attack (1d20+6)[7]
    damage (1d12+12)[20]
    my Ac 18
    I do not rage.
    -The Mouse that Roared

30. - Top - End - #90

Goblin

Daethe

Catch-up
    After taking his fair share of the gold, the wood elf returns to the larger room, and watches Eric and the others examining the door. He chuckles slightly.

Now
    The longbow returning to his hand so fast it seems magic, he quickly knocks an arrow, and, if he sees a hostile target, fires.

{{OOC: Gah, I forgot you can't make dice rolls if you preview first.
    Vitals: HP19, AC16 (flat13, touch13)}}