New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Don't Look Back IC

"I... I don't know. I don't know I don't know I don't know." By this point Zack has stopped walking entirely, with the crowd starting to leave them behind. "I-I th-think... I think there are, um, two different ways of int-interpreting this. Either, um, she's a criminal, or she's a... a mole." He swallows heavily, trying to wrangle control over his wildly panicking thoughts. "I kn-know I said we should t-tell someone... b-but I don't know who, Susan. T-telling an adult m-might make it worse if we're, you know, wrong."
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    "You didn't do what?" asked Jenny. She wasn't that tired, but it was still an effort to get from there to here.
    Upon hearing that question, Jessie turns an even brighter red. Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Victor chuckles. "Just wait until you see what we have planned this Halloween. None of this 'right across the river' bull. Joe knows a place where the neighbors are far enough away that noise and complaints aren't an issue. We had a great turnout last year, and we're figuring out how to top the two hundred-ish people that showed up then. I already have a couple of people planned for security, just to make sure people are safe, but yeah, it should be awesome.

Plus the group should be throwing a couple of smaller get-togethers every other week or so. I'm sure there's room for one more if you're interested. Laura has been itching for a few more girls to join the core group."
    Halloween, huh? Maybe. Maybe you'll see me there.

Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    "I... I don't know. I don't know I don't know I don't know." By this point Zack has stopped walking entirely, with the crowd starting to leave them behind. "I-I th-think... I think there are, um, two different ways of int-interpreting this. Either, um, she's a criminal, or she's a... a mole." He swallows heavily, trying to wrangle control over his wildly panicking thoughts. "I kn-know I said we should t-tell someone... b-but I don't know who, Susan. T-telling an adult m-might make it worse if we're, you know, wrong."
    Zack and Susan start getting left behind, but they can't help but get the feeling they've been overheard. Some of the others are whispering and pointing, some stand up on tip toes to see if they can figure any of what they are hearing out for themselves.

Spoiler: Zack and Susan
    Show
    Stop the Rumors! Make a Luck roll at D6. Success prevents these rumors from reaching Jessie. +1 VP

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Victor smiles. "I hope to."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"Eehhhhhh... okay! Oh, by the way, maybe we should all have lunch together!" Jenny said.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    It's Jessie's turn to blush, and her face turns a light shade of pink. OF course I didn't.
    Good. Lissa started with a wink. Because daddy made sure his little girl had self defense training. She teased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #276

Planetar

After noticing people start to whisper amongst the tour group and the fingers pointed in her direction, Susan knew something was wrong. Thinking fast, she blurted out "Hey, thanks for the... ideas for the... um... English paper." Then, in order to sell the idea, she takes a pen out of her pocket and starts writing down the information on her hand.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Genre savvy: luck-> skill
    Keen eye: +2 to skill
    Amateur novelist: +2 to skill
    Honor student(?): +2 to skill

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Victor smiles. "I hope to."
    Well, if I do, you'll have to figure out who I am.

"Eehhhhhh... okay! Oh, by the way, maybe we should all have lunch together!" Jenny said.
    "Uh, sure! I wonder if my roommate will want to join us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Good. Lissa started with a wink. Because daddy made sure his little girl had self defense training. She teased.
    You think you need to defend yourself from me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrein View Post
    After noticing people start to whisper amongst the tour group and the fingers pointed in her direction, Susan knew something was wrong. Thinking fast, she blurted out "Hey, thanks for the... ideas for the... um... English paper." Then, in order to sell the idea, she takes a pen out of her pocket and starts writing down the information on her hand.

Show

Genre savvy: luck-> skill
    Keen eye: +2 to skill
    Amateur novelist: +2 to skill
    Honor student(?): +2 to skill
    It seems really weird, especially this early in the year, but it eventually gets out that apparently the honors section of English starts out with some really heavy stuff. So if you weren't already, now you're an honors student. Yay?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll see I guess, won't we?"

Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose we will.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #280

Of course not, it was a joke. Lissa protested.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Jenny shrugged. "Okay, bring your roommate too. Any other friends you want to invite?"

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Of course not, it was a joke. Lissa protested.
    Oh, sorry.

Jenny shrugged. "Okay, bring your roommate too. Any other friends you want to invite?"
    "That would be rather difficult. They are all still in Japan."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh... okay then!"

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #284

It's fine. I know my style of humor can be weird at times. Robin remarks.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

It's fine. I know my style of humor can be weird at times. Lissa remarks.
    I see, Jessie says understandingly. Well, you should probably work on the delivery. Otherwise, she punches you playfully on the shoulder.

People may think you don't want them to get close to you.

After another hour or so of touring, enough of the crowd complains about hunger that the time has come for lunch. So you all head into a restaurant and start clambering for table space, taking wherever you can. But can you snag a spot all to yourself? And more importantly, is wherever you end up near a special somebody?

Spoiler: Scene 7
    Show
    Opposed Conflict! Fight for a good table! Winner gets +2 VP, and the honor of sitting next to Jessie!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, Victor had things planned from the beginning of the trip. After around one quarter of the other students were voicing their hunger, the young heir leads the way to a local café that he had arranged with earlier to be mostly vacant at the time. As the store owner flips the sign to open, Victor gives a wave. "Hey, Tom! Perfect timing! As I said, a bunch of potential repeat customers, right on schedule!"

Looking to the group, Victor holds the door open for everyone to enter. "I've already arranged things, so pick whatever you're interested in - it's on me."

Now hopefully people will leave him a space next to Jessie. Maybe she could help plan this party a little bit more. Or, more hopefully, he could get her to open up a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict, School King (+2, Students respecting that he is leading this tour and paying for lunch),
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2017-08-02 at 10:04 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, Jessie! Can I sit next to you?" Jenny tries to shove her way to her intended spot, determined to score some points with Jessie for once.

Show
    Let's see... I used Hypercharged last round, right? So if I apply Second Wind, I get an extra +2 bonus. And then if I have any Overclock uses left...

So:

Second Wind: Add bonus equal to penalty on last roll. +2

(If I have uses left)Overchannel: +2 to roll, -2 to next roll.

Extended sig here.

18. - Top - End - #288

RedWizardGuy

Zack was distracted by dozens of jumbling thoughts as he entered the restaurant. Who was Jessie? A government informant? Or a dangerous criminal? One option ruled out going to the police about it; both made it that confronting her directly would probably get him and Susan nowhere if it didn't get them killed first. He had to get close to her again, if only to be able to figure out what was going on.

Spoiler: Modifiers
    Show
    Weak conflict, but using Stay Cool to nullify the penalty.

+2 bonus from Quiet Patience, for a +2 bonus overall.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

19. - Top - End - #289

Lissa for her part wandered in, with a few friends of her own in toe.

Already not listening to Dad's best friend, she pulled out her credit card. The veal please. She requested with a regal air. You should all try it, on me. She recommended.

Before physically shoving her way to a table with Jessie. Servers that would have normally protested Lissa's... eagerness had a sudden feeling of fear at making the Delacroix daughter upset.

Spoiler
    Show

Neutral conflict, Dazzling display myself, School queen, Warrior's way, Fearsome reputation.

20. - Top - End - #290

Planetar

Susan follows Zack into the restaurant and carefully navigates around the group that Jessie appears to be the center of, after all, there's no telling how dangerous it would be if she figured out that she was being followed.

Show

-1(Weakness)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, Victor had things planned from the beginning of the trip. After around one quarter of the other students were voicing their hunger, the young heir leads the way to a local café that he had arranged with earlier to be mostly vacant at the time. As the store owner flips the sign to open, Victor gives a wave. "Hey, Tom! Perfect timing! As I said, a bunch of potential repeat customers, right on schedule!"

Looking to the group, Victor holds the door open for everyone to enter. "I've already arranged things, so pick whatever you're interested in - it's on me."

Now hopefully people will leave him a space next to Jessie. Maybe she could help plan this party a little bit more. Or, more hopefully, he could get her to open up a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict, School King (+2, Students respecting that he is leading this tour and paying for lunch),
    Sadly, this plan just doesn't seem to work the way you hoped. While Tom is prepared to handle a crowd this large, Victor was not prepared to fight his way through everybody to get to Jessie. In fact, you see her sit down at the table of the girl she was with last night.

"Hey, Jessie! Can I sit next to you?" Jenny tries to shove her way to her intended spot, determined to score some points with Jessie for once.

Show
    Let's see... I used Hypercharged last round, right? So if I apply Second Wind, I get an extra +2 bonus. And then if I have any Overclock uses left...

So:

Second Wind: Add bonus equal to penalty on last roll. +2

(If I have uses left)Overchannel: +2 to roll, -2 to next roll.
    Jenny manages to get through the crowd, but ends up getting knocked into a table right across from where Jessie seems to be interested in sitting. Your new friend, the Japanese girl ends up following you and sits down at the same table as you, but when she sees who is across the aisle, she waves over. "Lissa-sama! Ohayō gozaimasu!"

Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    Zack was distracted by dozens of jumbling thoughts as he entered the restaurant. Who was Jessie? A government informant? Or a dangerous criminal? One option ruled out going to the police about it; both made it that confronting her directly would probably get him and Susan nowhere if it didn't get them killed first. He had to get close to her again, if only to be able to figure out what was going on.

Spoiler: Modifiers
    Show
    Weak conflict, but using Stay Cool to nullify the penalty.

+2 bonus from Quiet Patience, for a +2 bonus overall.
    Zack tries to get Jessie's attention, but to no avail. She seems to have her mind up about where she is going, and before long, you lose her as she threads her way through the restaurant. But, you do find Susan, near another girl who looks a bit upset as a girl next to her shouts in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrein View Post
    Susan follows Zack into the restaurant and carefully navigates around the group that Jessie appears to be the center of, after all, there's no telling how dangerous it would be if she figured out that she was being followed.

Show

-1(Weakness)
    Susan has no trouble following Zack. She is able to sit with him and nothing terrible happens.

Lissa for her part wandered in, with a few friends of her own in toe.

Already not listening to Dad's best friend, she pulled out her credit card. The veal please. She requested with a regal air. You should all try it, on me. She recommended.

Before physically shoving her way to a table with Jessie. Servers that would have normally protested Lissa's... eagerness had a sudden feeling of fear at making the Delacroix daughter upset.

Spoiler
    Show

Neutral conflict, Dazzling display myself, School queen, Warrior's way, Fearsome reputation.
    Everyone cheers when Lissa offers to pay for everyone. As you are putting your card away, you hear a voice.

Hey, mind if I join you?

At nearly the same time, you hear another voice call out.

"Lissa-sama! Ohayō gozaimasu!"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Victor frowns, annoyed with the other girl for taking control of the group that he had put together. Something bothered him about the girl, between the large amount of money she had yet the oddly aggressive behavior. He'd have to ask around and maybe do some research later. Oh well, right now his only options were to relax and enjoy his food. Besides, her paying for it made for a cheaper day out than he was expecting.

"Hey Joe, who is that Delacroix girl?" he whispers to his friend before biting into the sandwich he ordered.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2017-08-06 at 05:02 PM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Oh hey, Jessie! How are you? Lissa said giving Jessie a hug, and blushing as she felt their chests touch.

Blush still on her cheeks she hears her dormmate call her.

Yuki! Come over here! She said gesturing wildly.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

"You know her?" asked Jenny to Yuki. She didn't know Lissa very well, but she was in some of the classes as her, so she knew her name at least.

Extended sig here.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Victor frowns, annoyed with the other girl for taking control of the group that he had put together. Something bothered him about the girl, between the large amount of money she had yet the oddly aggressive behavior. He'd have to ask around and maybe do some research later. Oh well, right now his only options were to relax and enjoy his food. Besides, her paying for it made for a cheaper day out than he was expecting.

"Hey Joe, who is that Delacroix girl?" he whispers to his friend before biting into the sandwich he ordered.
    "Dunno. Want me to see what I can find?"

Oh hey, Jessie! How are you? Lissa said giving Jessie a hug, and blushing as she felt their chests touch.

Blush still on her cheeks she hears her dormmate call her.

Yuki! Come over here! She said gesturing wildly.
    "But there is no room. Is booth for two!"

"You know her?" asked Jenny to Yuki. She didn't know Lissa very well, but she was in some of the classes as her, so she knew her name at least.
    "She is my roommate."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

"Please do. I like knowing when my fellow students have... histories. Or connections."

Show

27. - Top - End - #297

Jessie could sit in my lap? Lissa offered.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

"Please do. I like knowing when my fellow students have... histories. Or connections."
    "Sure. How deep you want me to go? Just public record, or what?" You know That what Joe is really asking is how much you're paying him, but you also know that Joe's info is always top grade and reliable.

You also know not to ask where the information comes from.

Jessie could sit in my lap? Lissa offered.
    No. I could trade places though, if you want to eat with your roommate.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #299

No, no it's fine. Lissa said warmly throwing an arm around Jessie.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

If you say so, Jessie says a bit coolly, as she gently takes Lissa's arm off her shoulders and sits down in the seat opposite her.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!