New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default 5e Game by me [IC]

Our story begins in the capitol of the Wentworth Kingdom, the city of Clapbury. Clapbury is a large city in a clearing of a forest, where most of you probably grew up.
    You stand before King Wentworth the 11th, who is sitting on his throne wearing red velvet and leopard pelts. At his side is his daughter, Princess Clarissa. The king speaks to you:
    I have called you here for an important job. As you may know, my daughter is going to be married to a prince from the neighboring nation.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-05-14 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: 5e Game by me [IC]

In front of the king was a dwarf, bowing with a knee to the ground. Clad in well kept, though not particularly shiny, armour, he appeared to be carrying an arsenal - unless, of course, weapons were requisitioned before entering the throne hall.

"Aye, Majesty." he confirmed. "I, Barik of the Highhammer clan, am at your service. What is it that you need done?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Is there going to be an OOC thread, too?
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2017-05-01 at 04:48 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Aris, the wood elf monk, stands stock still, waiting for the King to continue. His demeanour may be calm but he's having trouble maintaining it. He'd never been good with other people and the courtly graces of the others made him uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Aardvark 001; 2017-05-01 at 04:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Krul glares up at the king and his daughter, thoroughly unimpressed by the royal chambers. He does not interject, though, waiting for the King to finish his thought first.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Well, as she is getting married to the prince of the neighboring kingdom of Frederick, there is undoubtedly going to be an attempt to ruin the wedding.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I see." Barik replied, nodding once. "Are we to watch over the wedding, or personally guard the Princess?"

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

7. - Top - End - #7

BardGuy

'I'll need a sword...' the elf grumbles with his usual lack of tact. 'What do you want us to do?'

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Seriously, are we going to have a OOC thread?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

You will be protecting the wedding. I will not have the aristocrats have to look upon violence.

ooc: I will have an OOC up soon

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Understood. Is there anything else, Majesty?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

You will have 2 days to prevent any schemes and machinations. The day after will be the wedding, which will take place in a town 6 hours in a carriage east.
    His guards come and guide you out of the castle. You are now on main street, which curves around the entire city and branching to everywhere. From where you are, you can see a blacksmith's, an inn, and a library.

OOC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post21995467

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"...Well. Ideas, anyone?" Barik asked the others as soon as they were out of the castle. "Grab a street thug and bea- I mean, gently ask if they heard something?"

13. - Top - End - #13

BardGuy

'How about we try the inn first?' Aris grumbles. 'That's the best place to pick up some gossip. Or so I've heard.'

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Barik shrugged. "Trying can't hurt, let's go." he said, and started to head for the inn.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Krul is glad to be out of the royal palace, he didn't like the pretentiousness of it all. Protecting the princess's wedding, hm? He wonders why the king would have any reason to suspect anything's wrong. Anyways, he agrees with the suggestion to go to the inn, though he's not sure what can be gained.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

The inn, known as the Lonely Eagle, has a statue of a bald eagle perched on the sign outside.
    Three humanoid silhouettes sit around a corner table in a dark corner.
    Inside the inn, the barman, a large man with a large bushy mustache, calls out to you. "Greetings, adventurers! What information do you need today?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Well, since you're offering...overheard anything strange about the impending royal wedding?" Barik asked, approaching the counter. "Also, one mead, please." he added, raining one finger.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2017-06-15 at 09:27 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

He glances over to the people in the corner nervously before turning to get your mead.
    "I haven't heard of any plans in that sort of area. If someone wanted to try that, they would be insane."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Krul chuckles at the bartender's response, and replies, "Yes, well, there are plenty of insane people in the world. I'm hoping they just don't live here."

20. - Top - End - #20

BardGuy

Another mead, Aris says gruffly. He runs slightly to look at the shadowy figures. Who are those guys?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

He gulps, glancing down below the bar, then over to the shady figures.
    "Customers... Who else?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Yeah, who else?"

After gulping down half tankard all at once, Barik approached the shady figures.

"Hey, you. Want a round of drinks? It's on me."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Before you even notice, in a blink of an eye, one of them disappears and reappears behind you. You feel on the back of your neck a metallic cylinder press in. You hear a clicking sound.
    "It won't be my first time to kill a man, mister. When I pull this lever your head flies away. Now leave his establishment, you're obviously bothering him."
    The man has black hair and a single pitch-black eye. Over the other is an eyepatch with a scar crossing under it. He wears a black cloak. To everyone else, he is holding what looks like a metal tube attached to a sphere, which has a handle and some sort of mechanism.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Krul looks over, still slightly amused. Suspicious...

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

One of the others stands up, revealing a tall, blond haired man with strands of gray. He holds up the same contraption.
    "If they think they're big shots now, then we'd better give them a- Hehe -demonstration.
    He puts a metal cube on the table, about 3" on each edge.
    "See here, kids? This is the hardest metal around right now: Steel. This little machine here uses this flammable material causes a chain reaction to create an explosive amount of force- like a wizard's fireball. You adventurers would know about that, wouldn't you?"
    He points the machine's cylinder at the cylinder and pulls the "lever".
    BOOM!
    All of your ears start ringing. Before you know it, all that you can see on the table is a pile of dust.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-06-21 at 12:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Moradin's bones.

A drop of cold sweat trailed down Barik's neck.

"Woah, woah. If you were that opposed to alcohol, you could have just said no." he said, trying to defuse the situation - they were clearly at a disadvantage. "We're not here to cause problems, ok?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Persuasion (1d20+1)[17]
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2017-06-21 at 01:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

The man behind Barik removes the machine from Barik's neck, then he moves to stand to his left and puts his arm loosely around his neck, with the machine in his left hand. It felt like it was in his right when he was behind you, but it didn't look like he physically moved it from hand to hand.
    "Oh, nothing like that. We just wanted to protect our old innkeeper boss here from being at the end of his nerves, you know what I mean?" He turns his head and blinks twice at the innkeeper. Shocked, the innkeeper nods, and says,
    "Yes! L-Leave immediately, please, adventurers... I-I've told you what I know. You're disturbing the peace."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Alrighty then. Let's go." The smile has left Krul's face, though his tone still slightly betrays his amusement. Much as he'd like to fight it out with these folks, it's probably best that they not all get themselves killed.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I just asked for gossip. Not my fault he jumped to conclusions." Barik replied, assuming a sulking expression, then gulped down the rest of his mead before leaving the tankard on the counter and heading for the door. "Can't even enjoy a drink in peace." he muttered.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Commoners had gathered outside the inn, having heard the sound of the explosion. Seeing you two walk out, they approach you. A man begins to speak:
    "What... happened in there? Are you behind the killings- Oof!" Another hits him in the face, silencing him. "Shush! Obviously not! See, they don't have those mechanisms! Quickly, someone call Jerma... She'll want to get a good look at them and the people inside."