New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Chapter 1: The Rise of the Ancients. (IC)

Everyone roll iniative....

Tess, you don't know how you did it, you're not normally this graceless, but you find every dry twig and step on it, stumble over every exposed root, and then "quietly" declare that your fine.

Garrett, from within the cave you heard quiet talking (nothing worth noting just idle talk to pass a long boring guard shift) but it suddenly and unmistakenly goes from a quiet chuckle to a universal "huh?".....and the two shadows begin moving cautiously towards the mouth of the cave towards you guys
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Initiative [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    Hide (1d20+13)[24]
    Move Silently (1d20+11)[24]
    (if applicable) Attack (1d20+6)[19]
    (if applicable) Crit Confirm (1d20+6)[8]
    (if applicable) Crossbow Damage (1d8)[5]
    (if applicable) Sneak Attack Damage (1d6)[6]

Garrett barely resists facepalming. At least they aren't calling for backup... yet.
    He crouches down, moving to hide behind a tree as swiftly and silently as possible under the conditions, before raising his bow and drawing a bead on the guard on the left so he can shoot the goblin where it counts when the opportunity arises.

(If he manages to avoid detection but can't get a clear shot on his initiative he readies an action; the moment he has a clear shot that sneak attack damage can be applied to he pulls the trigger)
    Last edited by golahm; 2017-10-11 at 10:31 AM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Really Low Initiative Roll
    Show
    Lol. The only roll that you actually asked for is the one that I messed up.
    Lets Try that again;
    Initiative (1d20+5)[7]
    Last edited by golahm; 2017-10-11 at 07:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lol. This is shaping up to be literally like the comic.
    'Everyone make your move silently check.
    Tess: I GOT A 4!

Anyway,
    Plinius initiative:(1d20+3)[4]
    move silently:(1d20+3)[23]
    attack:(1d20+3)[15]
    damage:(1d8)[6]

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Show
    LOL! "A 4 is good right guys?! Right!?" Tess readies with the bow.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage if applicable (1d8)[2]

6. - Top - End - #366
    Halfling in the Playground

Initiative for Denalian (1d20+7)[17]

"Hark, young idgits! Best lay down yer arms b'fore we lay woopin on ye."
    Intimidation check: (1d20+1)[19]

Spoiler: OOC Who has rolled, and who hasnt
    Show

Players w/ initiative rolls:
    Denalian (Das) - 17
    Garrett (Golahm) - 7
    Plinius (PH7) - 4

Tess (Tschel) - 13
    Ukiah (Tyg3rw01f) - 21
    Last edited by dasniper4145; 2017-10-13 at 09:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

(1d20+4)[21] init
    Tabhain faoi na réaltaí. “Reach for the stars.”

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Sorry, I assumed because we had surprise, that the first round was a surprise round and there wouldn't be an initiative.
    Initiative roll: (1d20+3)[13]

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok guys give me an idea of where you are, the tree line thins considerably about 15 feet from the entrance to the cave, beyond the trees there are almost no direct covers before you get to the cave entrance, which stands only about 4 and a half feet high at it's peak, and barely 6 feet wide.
    Last edited by sarlon; 2017-10-12 at 02:36 PM.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

10. - Top - End - #370

I'm at the middle front of the treeline, facing the cave, weapon drawn. I would suggest everyone else not stand near me. Twould be bad.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Show
    If we're facing the cave, I'm diagonally off to the left of the cave entrance just inside the tree line. She'll fire the bow, then try to make a rush for the left side of the entrance, to surprise any new enemies that might be coming from deeper in the cave with her sword.

12. - Top - End - #372

Show
    Plinius is next to Garrett, on the...right side of the cave entrance I suppose (If Tess is on the left). Plinius wouldn't get closer than necessary. (because he's a mage, not because he's a coward. Oh wait, they're pretty much the same thing aren't they? )

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Ukiah is positioned like a football center, ready to make the necessary charge forward))
    Tabhain faoi na réaltaí. “Reach for the stars.”

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

as everyone moves into position, you see a small form coming out of the cave entrance, you see a weapon in one hand as it slowly creeps out. it shouts something in common and is about to turn back around when the crossbow bolt nails it between the eyes (nice shot golhm). It makes no sound as it slumps over deader than a doornail. A second voice cries out in fear then you see its form retreating further into the cave (based on shadows), before all light from the cave is extinguished.
    Last edited by sarlon; 2017-10-15 at 08:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett reloads, no longer able to restrain himself from face palming. So much for a silent ambush.

He looks at his companions, trying to read thier faces and determine what they are going to do before all hell breaks loose. Waiting for the first wave of reinforcements to come out of the cave and cutting them down as they emerge might be the best bet. He silently prays this is the only cave exit, so they don't get ambushed from behind.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

The cave has a narrow entrance. Tess moves forward from her diagonal position toward the cave opening hoping that coming from an angle she won't be seen. She draws her trusty, rusted longsword, and stands just out of sight at the entrance. Catching Ukiah's eye, she gives a nod, as if asking him to tell her when the first creature she is to attack will reach her.
    Show
    Tess cuts toward the cave entrance at a sharp angle, so as not to be seen. She's hoping Garrett gets one more crossbow shot off before she steps in with her sword. She also hopes that Ukiah will give her a signal when it's time for her to attack, as she can't see into the cave from her position. Next attack and, if applicable, damage rolls:
    attack:
    (1d20+6)[16]
    damage:
    (1d20+4)[9]

17. - Top - End - #377

Plinius sighs as he reloads his crossbow. He waits next to Garrett for whatever is about to step out of the cave. Rather morosely he thinks, Well, at least one is down. So that makes it, what, 3-to-1 odds? Let's see if those fighter types are as good as they seem.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett whispers to Plinius;
    "Our loud dwarven friend and these damned goblins are the only ones who can see in the dark... Got any magic up your sleeves to illuminate the mouth of that cavern?"

He is going to hold his action, firing on the first goblin he sees emerging from the cave.

19. - Top - End - #379

Plinius whispers back, "Good idea, friend. I can't illuminate anything over there from here, but let's see if I can't find..." He pauses as he quickly searches the ground around him for a stone or a large twig.

Show
    "[...]this". Assuming Plinius finds something like that he casts light on it and hurls it towards the entrance. If we're already working in combat turns however, I suppose it can wait until next round. First turn (surprise round) was shooting and reloading.

Also I realize it is a little late for this, but since Garrett already knew how far the cave was Plinius would have cast Mage Armour on himself shortly before arriving there. I had thought to mention it, but then we had the rather long pause in posting and I...uh...forgot to.

20. - Top - End - #380

"THATS WHAT I THOUGHT YE COWARD!"
    Denalian turns to his fellows, and says in a voice slightly above a whisper.
    "I be going inta the cave. I aint waitin to see if they can get ready to defend. If I suddenly dissappear, dont follow me."

He then charges towards, and into the cave (If he's close enough to enter, he will. Note that his speed is 20)

21. - Top - End - #381

Show
    For sale:
    One dwarven corpse; slightly punctured.
    5 gp or best offer

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    what about two coppers?....wait that means I'm adding my two cents?

Denalian, you rush in to a nearly black cave almost no light filtering from outside. The still smoking remains of a hasilty extinguished fire sits slightly off from the middle and you see a series of two small chambers with an opening leading deeper into the cave. No goblins are visible in this room, though hasty footprints shows the obvious path the goblin took.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Show
    Bahahahahahahehehehe okay, you guys, that was awesome!

Tess stands ready just to the side of the mouth of the cave, and watches Denalian charge the entrance. Her look goes from one of confidence in her own abilities to one of sheer amusement as she sees him charge in blindly.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Leeroy Jenkins!

Garrett looks equal parts concerned and confused.
    "He knows the rest of us can't see in the dark, right?"

25. - Top - End - #385

Denalian halts his charge as a rational part of his mind kicks in and declares that he should at least slow down for traps. He slows down, and begins to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Otherwise, he continues down the path with footprints.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+7)[15]

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

though you loose the footprints further back into the cave, you quickly find where they went. A Stout wooden door has been fitted into the wall. the cave has had a gentle down slope leading down towards this door, but the ground is suprisingly dry and free of most moisture.

Nothing of major note in this room, but you faintly hear voices behind the door and movement.

27. - Top - End - #387

Show
    It seems we'll need new tactics. Anyone have a grenade to lob into that room after we break down the door?

Plinius stays outside of the cave with Garrett until Denalian gives a sign. The light cantrip lasts for 10 minutes, so if we head into the cave he can take that lit up object with him.

28. - Top - End - #388

Denalian heads back to the surface quickly.
    "Come along fellows!" he then waits to see who follows.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett grumbles, carefully extracting himself from his hiding spot. He motions his comrades to join him in a huddle, whispering:
    "Alright gentlemen... It would appear we have two choices. Either we leave the dwarf to his fate and go back to the pub for drinks... or I take that glowing rock and follow the voice of our loud friend down the gullet of this goblin infested hell hole searching for traps... " he points to the fighter and monk, "while one of you takes the rear so no one can sneak up on us from behind, and the other watches over our light source." He points to Pilnius when he says 'light source'.
    "Personally a beer sounds really good after everything we've seen today, but even death by goblin would be better than spending the rest of the night standing out here in the rain..."

Garrett is mostly being sarcastic, grumpy because his plan was spoiled and he doesn't like being cold and wet. If he gets agreement from the rest of the party he will grab the glowing stone and heads quietly down into the cave looking for traps.
    Last edited by golahm; 2017-10-25 at 01:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Tess nods agreement to Garrett's new plan. As much as a beer sounds nice, her comrades lives are more important than that. She looks to the monk, "I say we go in and save the beer to quench our thirst for afterward. Want me to stay at the back, or would you prefer to? Careful now, they probably know the layout in there, and to us it's all new ground so they'll have something of an advantage."