New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

Tarak

The hobgoblin renews his invisible armor with a flourish of his hands, "Let's go then. If we're successful, it might actually increase the odds that we can get enough rest to be effective tomorrow."

He leads the entourage out of the tavern, past the barricade, then north. Raising his mask he hisses to the others, "The stench is powerful, find something to put over your mouth and nose if you can."

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Firbolg in the Playground

Suga pauses at one of the re-dead zombies from earlier in the day and uses some of its clothing to make a handkerchief. It smells bad, but maybe the stench will help deal with the greater stench Tarak warns about. He continues to quietly follow Tarak.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Prepped maneuvers and not using Hunter's Sense at this point.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Colossus in the Playground

"You plan on running off to fight more undead tonight?" Ashlyn asks. "How many of these ghasts were there? Do you have more healing, or any combat spells?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Insert this directly after CWater's post; Ashlyn likely can't dissuade you, but she's going to try.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

"I've spells, but alas they're not of much use against undead such as these. I've a bit of healing power left in my belt and a couple of potions. How 'bout you Feagon?"

The hobgoblin puts a hand on the paladin's shoulder, "I share some of your doubt ma'am, but these three ghasts are just up the street to the north...I think Suga's correct in think they should be taken out as soon as possible."

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

"Fair for a while." he says as he walks up to Celesta and prays as he puts his hand on her shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

Feagon casts Tyche's Touch on Celesta

6. - Top - End - #1386

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "You plan on running off to fight more undead tonight?" Ashlyn asks. "How many of these ghasts were there? Do you have more healing, or any combat spells?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Insert this directly after CWater's post; Ashlyn likely can't dissuade you, but she's going to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    Tarak

"I've spells, but alas they're not of much use against undead such as these. I've a bit of healing power left in my belt and a couple of potions. How 'bout you Feagon?"

The hobgoblin puts a hand on the paladin's shoulder, "I share some of your doubt ma'am, but these three ghasts are just up the street to the north...I think Suga's correct in think they should be taken out as soon as possible."
    "Yeah, we're not afraid or weak, we can handle it!", Celesta proclaims, "But if it makes you feel better I can have another drink." She retrieves a second potion from her pack and downs it too.

Spoiler: CLW potion
    Show
    (1d8+1)[3]

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    "Fair for a while." he says as he walks up to Celesta and prays as he puts his hand on her shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

Feagon casts Tyche's Touch on Celesta
    "Huh? What was that, did you just mumble or was that a spell?"

Show
    I assume you're giving her a Protection, not a Curse? ;)
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

To Ashlyn, "If you wanna sit this one out m'lady, we absolutely understand. You've been holdin' down this 'fort' by yourself for quite some time. I just thought you would want to know."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-10-21 at 04:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

"Perhaps a bit of both, but it was a blessing from Ehlonna to protect you, in case we run into anymore undead."

9. - Top - End - #1389

Ashlyn draws her brows up in an expression of unpleasant irony. "No, not again. If you're set on this, I'll come with you."

Leaving the inn, Tarak guides you back to the junction where he briefly encountered the ghasts. The zombies he saw come in view of himself and Suga.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map updated. There's a note which you won't be able to view on a phone.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Tarak motions to the door on the right at the end of the street and whispers, "That's where the ghasts were holed up, remember to cover your mouth and nose if you can....the stench is sickening. Give me just a second to see if I can get the zombies to move away."

Ducking over to the west side of the street, the hobgoblin moves forward silently, then quietly mutters an incantation under his breath....down the street a village woman dressed like those back at the tavern appears in the street near the zombies. A moment later she lets out an ear piercing screaming, turns and runs east away from the zombies.

Spoiler: Silent Image + Ghost Sound
    Show
    Move forward to AC22 stealth (1d20+15)[33], summon a silent image of a village woman AH14
    Turn Invisible as a swift action and move to AC18 and cast Ghost Sound(scream) AH15

Not sure if I have this right, but Silent Image requires concentration, which isn't broken if you cast another spell(that doesn't require concentration).....Silent Image is a 'long range' spell and Tarak is trying to get into position to be able to move the image down the street and maintain concentration. I don't think your run of the mill zombies have Life Sense, BUT this ain't my world(lol) and these may not be run of the mill zombies; if it turns out they do, then that's valuable info that I think is well worth blowing a couple spells to find out. Let me know if I need any more rolls or if I'm missing something.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Suga clenched his teeth in frustration when the zombies came into view. Supposed to have just been ghasts. There goes our surprise. The orc was about to abort the mission when Tarak moved forward and created the distraction. He whispered to Celesta. "Remember, better to hit them than swinging too hard and hitting air. If the zombies come to us we need to draw the fight away from the ghasts."

Show
    Ugh, didn't realize the rest of the party would still be sickened. Let the fun begin!
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

As the undead come into view, Feagon grinds his teeth. As Tarak begins his casting, Feagon does the same. "If we can hold off engagement, I can improve our chances with some protective magic. I also have this wand where I can cast the spell I used before, causing the roots of the earth to reach up and hold them." as he reaches over and touches Celest again.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Barkskin on Celesta. +2 to natural armor for 50 minutes.
    Feagon is talking about Entangle.

13. - Top - End - #1393

"If they are stuck in the middle of the spell we won't be able to get to them. We'd have to wait for the spell to end then back to where we are now right? Maybe wait a little on that spell and catch them at a better time? If the ghasts are stuck in the middle they may call out for reinforcements."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1394

Tarak's spell produces almost the opposite of the reaction he was trying for. Whatever motivates the seemingly mindless zombies to attack the living and not their fellow undead, their complete lack of reaction to the illusionary woman suggests they do not classify her as a target. However, almost immediately, the eastern door swings open and three corpses with glinting eyes and much sharper teeth emerge, rushing east around the corner after the woman.

For the moment, all the undead remain unaware of you--though the ghasts likely won't take long to realize there's something strange going on.

15. - Top - End - #1395

Griffon

"Perhaps a bit of both, but it was a blessing from Ehlonna to protect you, in case we run into anymore undead."
    As the undead come into view, Feagon grinds his teeth. As Tarak begins his casting, Feagon does the same. "If we can hold off engagement, I can improve our chances with some protective magic. I also have this wand where I can cast the spell I used before, causing the roots of the earth to reach up and hold them." as he reaches over and touches Celest again.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Barkskin on Celesta. +2 to natural armor for 50 minutes.
    Feagon is talking about Entangle.
    "Oh, okay. Thanks!", Celesta replies with a grin.

When the ghasts step into view, Celesta's first instinct is to charge to attack, maybe catch them off guard. However, she was still feeling a little ill and her companions were more into this 'silent careful approach' kind of thing anyway, so she chooses to wait for the moment. Axe in hand and ready to swing of course.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

The elf just nods in agreement with Suga as he closes his eyes and prays over him.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Blur on Suga.

Hmmm, not sure if he'll have time to cast Blur on Tarak... not sure if an Illusion(Glamer) would effect undead as it's not specifically called out
    Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    Kish, do you want a Kn:Religion or Kn:? roll for this?

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Grumbling under his breath the hobgoblin double times back to the group materializing before their eyes, "Well that went exactly the wrong way!" Looking to Suga, "Whaddya think big guy?"

Spoiler: OC
    Show
    Throw away a round of actions to double move. Tarak will continue to concentrate on the illusion, but presumably needs line of sight to make it effective

SIGH

PS Tarak was never sickened
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-10-24 at 04:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Suga whispers. "Back around the corner and see what the ghasts do? We don't want to fight all nine at once."

Show
    Move back to AB35, leaving room for Tarak at AB34 if/when he comes back with us. The B on the map, that's a body right? Did we search that one?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Acknowledging the wisdom in Suga's words, Tarak moves back around the corner to observe.

Show
    I believe the "B" stands for "barricade".....

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

"If we can keep them at range, maybe firing and withdrawing, I can provide a blessing that will allow us to hit a little easier."

21. - Top - End - #1401

"Blades I am skilled with. Bows, no. Let's see what the ghasts do first? If they keep going we can deal with the zombies. If they go back inside we'll come up with something different."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402

You hear the ghasts talking, but it's kind of hard to make out what they're saying from this distance.
    Spoiler: Perception 20
    Show
    "Where'd she go?"
    "There was something off even before she disappeared. Could you smell her?"
    "These corpses didn't seem to. Some kind of trick?"
    "Gah."
    "Wait, if someone's playing tricks, they gotta be around here somewhere."

After a minute of discussion, they reappear from around the corner, their glinting eyes looking around. The zombies continue not to react to them in any way.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Mumbling a few words under his breath, the hobgoblin points his fingers to the adjacent alcove, then glances at his companions as they huddle around the corner, "One last trick to see if we can separate the zombies and ghasts."

From around the corner the party hears the voice of what seems to be a little boy in distress, "Momma! Momma, where did you go? Momma!"

Spoiler: Ghost Sound
    Show
    cast Ghost Sound in AB32

24. - Top - End - #1404

"Is it real this time?" The ghasts' eyes swivel toward you.

"If it's not, those look edible. Unless they're fake too."

"Looks like a fight, though. Let's see if we can get these shamblers moving." The speaking ghast pushes one of the zombies toward you. After a second, the zombie, letting out a low moan, starts moving toward you purposefully, the other zombies just a trace behind it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map is updated. Celesta, Feagon, Suga, and Tarak are up.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Feagon quickly prays, casting a spell that washes over them.

Spoiler
    Show

Casts Blessed Aim
    This spell grants your allies within the spread a +2 morale bonus on ranged attack rolls.

26. - Top - End - #1406

"Dammit supposed to be a surprise strike. Don't let yourselves get surrounded. Strike then step back. We'll slowly work our way back to the barricade. Given the chance hit a ghast. Let them focus on me." Suga readies to chop whatever comes into his reach first.

Show
    Ready a strike.
    Dire axe: (1d20+13)[16] (bane)
    damage: (1d12+6)[16] + (2d6)[7] bane

Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

The hobgoblin nods at Suga with a grimace, "...I've got a bad feeling about this."

Show
    Ready a strike (1d20+11)[13]; damage (1d6+3)[8]

Celesta grins broadly, slides to the side and hefts her ax.

Show
    I'll confess I haven't spoken with CWater, but I recall a statement granting permission to move forward if we get "stuck"
    ready a strike (1d20+9)[16] -2 IF sickened; damage (1d10+5)[10]

*edit to add: oops forgot the five foot step to AF27
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-11-05 at 11:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1408

The zombies shamble forward; Suga and Celesta cut into two of them, and Ashlyn steps up and slashes at one as well. Tarak's slice bounces off his target's thick hide. "That looks real enough!" one of the ghasts chortles, and they press in behind the zombies as the zombies attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Ashlyn attacks Z2: (1d20+9)[15] Damage: (1d8+3)[9]
    Z1 attacks Suga: (1d20+6)[14] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[17] Damage: (1d6+4)[10] Critical damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Z2 attacks Ashlyn: (1d20+6)[24] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[12] Damage: (1d6+4)[10] Critical damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Z3 attacks Celesta: (1d20+6)[13] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[15] Damage: (1d6+4)[5] Critical damage: (1d6+4)[5]
    Z4 attacks Tarak: (1d20+6)[16] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[19] Damage: (1d6+4)[10] Critical damage: (1d6+4)[7]

Mapis updated; Celesta, Feagon, Suga, and Tarak are up.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Tarak slashes twice with his twin blades, then steps back.

Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[26]; damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[24]; damage (1d6+3)[4]
    five foot step back

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Feagon pulls out an odd arrow and lets it fly, as a low screech is emitted, as it flies at one of the ghasts.

Spoiler
    Show

Feagon

AC ~15; Current ~ 13
    HP ~ 42; Current ~ 42

Fire at G1
    (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage
    (1d6)[4] +1 fire A dragonsbreath arrow deals an extra 1 point of fire damage when it hits a target, and that target must make a DC 15 Reflex save or catch on fire.

Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+8)[9]
    (2d6)[4] +1 fire

Effects ~
    Blessed Aim - +2 morale bonus on ranged attack rolls.
    Sickened - The character takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.