New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] 3.5/PF [E6-Brawler] Ironfang Invasion

Raffa Nimes looks at Kinning. He takes stock of the situation, and sees that the wolf and its master could yet ambush the civilians. He strides into the darkness to deal with that.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Raffa goes east, to O15, and puts a single spellstrike arrow in G30. (1d20+7)[23], damage (1d8+4)[10]+(1d3)[1]

Spoiler: status
    Show

AC 24 (-2 vs non-goblins),touch 16 (-2 vs non-goblins),FF AC 18, CMD 19 (-2 vs non-goblins), FF CMD 13.
    Arcane Pool 3/4
    Hit Points 10/15+9 temp.

Fortitude +5 ((1d20+5)[20]), Reflex +6 ((1d20+6)[15]), Will +5 ((1d20+5)[21])
    Perception +5 ((1d20+5)[17]), Sense Motive +0 ((1d20)[3])
    Knowledge (any) +3 ((1d20+3)[8]) max. 10

5 random rolls: (1d20)[15](1d20)[3](1d20)[13](1d20)[9](1d20)[2]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

As you search the hobgoblin you can't help but see your handiwork, his face boiled by steam.

Spoiler: Lu Bu Sago loots G3, Level 1 Hobgoblin Warrior
    Show

• Light Steel Shield on the floor;
    • Longbow over the shoulder;
    • 20 Arrows in a quiver;
    • Longsword out of it's sheath, on the floor;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2-1)[0] Potions of the same color;
    • (d2)[1] Rations.
    • (d20)[6] GP
    • (d100)[96] SP

He wears a hide shirt, masterwork boots, a tunic, and some breeches. To remove them would take additional actions.

Last edited by Edd; 2017-08-04 at 12:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

What good are masterwork boots? Aside from being comfy, that is.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Lu Bu takes the boots.
    Campaign Logs:

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wyra

Wyra took the chance to step behind the Hobgoblin that had just wounded her comrade in arms Torin, and struck another blow at his unprotected flank.

She spoke words of encouragement to Torin, "Stay on your feet friend, for that blade of yours has much work to do as yet."

"Jet, Aubrin and Torin, hold the line. The rest of you, keep our fighters on their feet. Guard their flanks, aid their defences, and use what potions we have, else we lose everyone capable of wielding a blade."

Spoiler: 5' Step
    Show
    Into the Doorway [J11?]

Spoiler: Move Action
    Show
    Ordering front line fighters, Jet, Torin, Aubrin, to prioritise clearing a path west of the inn and making attacks, and to the rest to stay out of the fighting where possible, except where they can aid defences or provide healing.

Spoiler: Standard Action
    Show
    Attacks the Hobgoblin already threatening Torin, with the benefit of flanking.
    Falchion Attack (1d20+8)[19] (2d4+6)[13] damage
    Crit confirm, if necessary: (1d20+8)[25] (2d4+6)[11] damage

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Wyra Whitemane
    M LG Half-Elf Paladin, Level 2, Init 2, HP 19/20, Speed 20
    AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 18, Fort 9, Ref 6, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Masterwork Falchion (-) +6 (2d4+4, 18-20*2)
    Longbow (60) +4 (1D8, *3)
    Morningstar (-) +5 (1D8+3, *2)
    Masterwork Chainmail, Heavy Wooden Shield (+6 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 17, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition Vulnerability 1 to Cold Iron,
    +2 Death Effect Saving Throws,
    +2 Per Dice of Healing
    +2 Dodge AC vs Goblinoids
    VS G2 +4 Deflection AC, +4 to hit, +2 damage [smite evil]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nomad Chase

With the benefit of cover, Chase takes out the other potion and uses it to heal. Oh, that's the stuff. That feels good. Chase takes a moment to appraise the situation before loading the new pack he'd found onto the cart.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Actions: Standard - Heal with potion for (d8+1)[6] HP.
    Move - Load pack onto cart. Chase's load decreases by 25 pounds.
    Chase is now at 12 HP
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2017-08-06 at 06:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Resolve Round 15
    Begin Round 16

Spoiler: D. Darren Browne & Wyra Whitemane at the Taproot Inn
    Show

Momentum. Momentum is nine tenths of what we have right now, and the last tenth is faith. Wyra thought to herself. "We need to force our way out before they can bring their numbers up. Head west, keep together, and hug the edge of the Inn. Move carefully, and defensively toward the Temple. In this light their bows are unreliable. Their numbers to the west are fewer, but they are still a threat. "

Wyra could feel the innate evil seeping from the hobgoblins and could feel them closing in from all sides. Hiding among the shadows behind the Inn was bound to be an ambush lying in wait she knew.

Wyra stepped between the two hobgoblins in front of her, inviting their attention, as she rained down another blow on the raider threatening the doorway driving back his shield. Torin taking the cue pressed in on the hobgoblin attempting to force him back, taking a blow for his efforts, but taking the hobgoblins focus as well. “Go! Go! Go! Move out!” he shouts into the kitchen as he holds the doorway clear.

The party pours out of the Inn and around to the back of the building, Aubrin leading the charge. [B]"Quickly now, just stay together. We have power in numbers if we face any resistance.”

Paul moves down the hallway and tries a knob. Finding it locked he attempts to break down the door with his boot. He shouts "come with us if you want to live, the Inn is on fire!"

Paul’s boot strikes the latch and the door pops open. Inside he finds Ulva Vansich, Hedwig’s eldest daughter, and Adalbert von Hofhagen, the trader staying at the Terle residence. Paul knows at any other time this would be a scandal, but right now improprieties could be damned. "I won’t say a word Ulva, let’s just get out of here now, while we still can."

”By the gods Paul. We were afraid it would be Torin, we heard him downstairs. We only just realized moments ago that the sounds revelry were replaced by this… cacophony. Oh Paul, I fear for my siblings. We must check the house before fleeing to the fangwood. There are so many hobs out there, fleeing will be our only chance, I know.”

Paul holds up the key.
    "Well help me loot the storage locker before the Inn burns down. And there are hobs downstairs right now. We will have to go out a window."

As Adalbert’s eyebrows raise Paul reassures him "It’s our best option”

Ulva and Adalbert don’t take much convincing. As they exit the room Darren recognizes them both and is shocked to see them together. Her mother would be beside herself.

Paul tries another door and finding it unlocked and he peers in before continuing down the hall, apparently no one in there. Adalbert goes into the room and comes back out with a Winter Blanket.

Darren watches, maintaining the illusion for another few moments before checking the closest door. He waves as Adalbert notices him, smirking as Adalbert turns white as a sheet.

Wyra spoke words of encouragement to Torin, "Stay on your feet friend, for that blade of yours has much work to do as yet." Taking the opportunity to step behind the Hobgoblin that had just wounded her comrade in arms, Torin, she struck another blow at his unprotected flank, cutting deep and felling the hobgoblin.

"Jet, Aubrin and Torin, hold the line. The rest of you, keep our fighters on their feet. Guard their flanks, aid their defences, and use what potions we have, else we lose everyone capable of wielding a blade."

As the hobgoblin falls Torin calls out to Mortimer "Move now boy, or yer trapped.” Gritting his teeth through the pain of his open wound Torin moves to the flank of the one hobgoblin left standing in melee and comes down with a slash feinting into a lunge. “get out!" he barks once more. As the hobgoblin whirls to face Torin, Wyra is now flanking him with two archers to the south, and hears the villagers engage combat around the corner of the building to the north.

The door from the taproom to the kitchen bangs as the hobgoblin on the other side of it tries to force his way in. Mortimer puts his back into it and resists with all his strength until he hears Torin’s words. On his elder’s command Mortimer gets out of the kitchen and heads around back of the building sheathing his dagger as he picks the short spear and shield up off of the ground.

As Aubrin and Jet press on into the darkness Clidon readies the longbow he just acquired, clumsily knocking an arrow and Gilraen hefts the cask, staying towards the middle of the pack. As Aubrin reaches the end of the building two Hobgoblins reveal themselves jumping out at Aubrin and Jet, shanking Jet with a dogslicer and stabbing forth at Aubrin with a Horsechopper. Clidon attempts to aim between his allies as he fires into the melee.

Spoiler: Round 15/16
    Show

Roll for initiative
    Adalbert (d20)[11]
    Ulva (d20+3)[5]

~~~RD 15~~~

I[16] G26 Upon entering the room G26 realizes that it is indeed on fire, just not as on fire as it appeared to be. He enters further into the room and towards the door to the kitchen looking for slaves to rope.
    [11] stealth

I[16] G28 poisons his dogslicer (1d6 19-20x2 S) with Blue Whinnis
    [21] stealth

I[15] G27 readies an action to attack the first enemy to enter his threat range with his horsechopper. (1d10 20x3 P/S, Reach, Trip)
    [11] stealth

I[13] Jet (8/14 HP) heeding Wyra and Torin's commands, Jet exits the kitchen out the back door.

I[13] G14 Seeing the melee getting difficult, G14 heads west back toward the tower while calling for reinforcement.

I[12] G2 Retreated.

I[11] Aubrin the Green (long-term injury) heeding Wyra and Torin's commands, Aubrin exits the kitchen out the back door.

I[11] G23 (12/17 HP, 16 AC) attacks Torin with his dogslicer if able.
    [18] Dogslicer vs Torin (19/19 HP, 18 AC) [8]

I[11] G25 disbelieving the illusion, G25 heads into the front door of The Taproot Inn. Seeing G26 across the room he begins heading toward the door to the kitchen hoping to catch the escaping villagers in a pinch.

I[10] Darren Browne, at the top of the stairs maintaining the illusion of the taproom burning, you're up Darren! else...
    Maintaining his illusion of a stone wall surrounding the stair case. From either hobgoblin’s point of view he should have no idea a stair case was even there until he realizes he can’t find any way to get to the second story… Darren looks to Paul checking his progress as he concentrates on the figment.

I[10] G12 (-10/17) Lies dead near the bar.

I[10] G1 (-9/17 HP) Unconscious but stable by the stairs.

I[9] G13 seeing the melee commence out back he draws his bow and an arrow, firing into the crowd.
    [8] Longbow vs Torin (19/19 HP, 18 AC)

I[9] G21 (-8/17 HP) lies unconscious and dying [-3] vs DC 10 to stabilize.

I[8] G24 knocks another arrow and fires off a shot at Wyra
    [12] Longbow vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC)

I[4] G11 (-10/17) Lies dead in the kitchen.

I[4] G22 outside the back door attacks Wyra and takes a 5' step backward.
    [11] cold iron scimitar vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC)

I[4] Wyra Whitemane (19/20) ACTION
    Moves to flanking and strikes down G23, rendering him unconscious.

I[3] The crowd at The Root
    Commoner 1, Paul (4/4 HP) moves down the hallway to G13UP and tries the knob. Finding it unlocked Paul glances around at the unoccupied room as he talks with Ulva before moving further down the hall.

Young Fighter 1, Mortimer (1/4 HP)
    Exits the kitchen moving to J-14 and loots a short spear and light steel shield from G-21.

Warrior 2, Torin Reid (11/19 HP, 18 AC) moves to L-10, flanking G22, and attacks
    (d20+5)[23] Mwk Longsword vs G22 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8+1)[7]
    (d20+5)[11] Crit if needed (d8+1)[2]

Commoner 1, Gilraen the Wise (4/4 HP) moves up a bit and sets down the cask as he tries to get the hooded lantern lit. Cursing himself for not lighting on the fire when they were still in the kitchen.

Aristocrat 1, Clidon (4/4 HP) moves up a bit readying his new longbow, knocking an arrow in case anyone threatens Aubrin.

~~~RD 16~~~

Taproom on fire: 4/36 squares were on fire
    (d20)[19] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[1] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[6] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[10] Fire Spread (DC11)

I[16] G26 He raises his sword and readies an attack as he shoulders the door to the kitchen open
    (d20+2)[17] strength check DC 13

I[16] G28 poisoned his dogslicer (1d6 19-20x2 S) with Blue Whinnis
    Holding action.

I[15] G27 readies an action to attack the first enemy to enter his threat range with his horsechopper. (1d10 20x3 P/S, Reach, Trip)
    Holding action.

I[13] Jet (8/14 HP) moves up to E-16 unaware of the stealthed hobgoblin.

I[13] G28 held action triggers
    (d20+4)[15] Dogslicer vs Jet (14/14 HP, 16 AC) (d6+2)[7] + FORT DC 14
    (d20+4)[19] Crit if needed (d6+2)[5]

I[13] G14 headed south west around front of the building calling for more reinforcement “JODURA!” (d20)[6] Diplomacy vs DC 12

I[12] G2 Retreated.

I[11] Aubrin the Green (long-term injury) sensing the evil inherent in the hobgoblin she shouts out for Jet to be careful. Moving up to guard Jet’s flank Aubrin is attacked at D-15 by G27 before making her attack against G28.
    (d20+7)[20] Longsword vs G28 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8+2)[10]
    (d20+7)[27] Crit if needed (d8+2)[3]

I[11] G27 held action triggers
    (d20+3)[22] Horsechopper vs Aubrin (23/43 HP, 17 AC) (d10+3)[11]
    (d20+3)[18] Crit if needed (2d10+6)[14]

I[11] Clidon (4/4 HP) held action triggers
    (d20-4)[12] Longbow vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8)[6]
    (d20-4)[16] Crit if needed (2d8)[6]

I[11] G23 (-1/17 HP) unconscious and dying (d20+1)[21] DC 10 to stabilize.

I[11] G25 moves to the door leading into the kitchen, assisting G26 if needed.
    (d20+2)[21] strength check DC 13

I[10] Darren Browne, at the top of the stairs maintaining the illusion of the taproom burning, you're up Darren! else...
    Maintaining his illusion of a stone wall surrounding the stair case for a final round, Darren looks to Adalbert giving a little wave before he moves to the closest door and opens it, looking inside. There is little of note in here. A wax candle on a candlestick holder sits on a night stand by the hay bed. A winter blanket and a linen sheet adorn the bed, apart from that there are no other accoutrements.

I[9] G13 draws his bow, firing another arrow into the melee.
    (d20-1)[4] Longbow vs Torin (11/19 HP, 18 AC) (d8)[7]
    (d20-1)[12] Crit if needed (2d8)[12]

I[9] G21 (-9/17 HP) lies unconscious and dying (d20-7)[4] vs DC 10 to stabilize.

(d20-1)[10] Longbow vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC) (d8)[2]
    (d20-1)[0] Crit if needed (2d8)[8]

I[4] G22 outside the back door he attacks Wyra and takes a 5' step toward the archers.
    (d20+4)[18] cold iron scimitar vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC) (d8+3)[11]
    (d20+4)[6] Crit if needed (d8+3)[11]

(d20+5)[17] Darren's Sense Motive
    Spoiler: Darren's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+6)[7] Darren's Perception
    Spoiler: Darren's Perception
    Show

x

(d20+4)[23] Wyra's Sense Motive
    Spoiler: Wyra's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+0)[15] Wyra's Perception
    Spoiler: Wyra's Perception
    Show

x

~~~***~~~

Spoiler: A. Lu Bu Sago and Kel Vas at Oreld's Fine Shop
    Show

Spoiler: image
    Show

Oreld's Fine Shop

"We should take everything we can carry else we will just be supplying the hobgoblins." Jason says matter of factly.

"Bane's balls, you're right, and there are going to be more coming. Get inside and help them pack up, hurry. Movable alchemist's kit, anything that produces food or that has lasting use, Vane'll know -- failing that, tell them to just start sweeping the shelves into bags. The bridge is two hundred yards north of here and we need to be across it in the next couple of minutes."

Lu Bu glances around for any other civilians, and then ducks back into the fog and out of sight of G30 while downing a potion of Mage Armor.

As LuBu enters the mist the hobgoblins lay at his feet in their arms and armaments, dead by his hand, killed in their sleep. Their gear looks well made and well maintained. You can tell right away that they are well funded and fed.

Lu Bu kneels, taking the possessions of the two well geared hobgoblins he slew he pauses for a moment as he hears the wolf approach. As it moves away Lu Bu pulls out his blade and clumsily pops the straps loose on the full plate, hefting the metal into his open pack with a clatter. He staggers, barely able to stand up from his kneeling position with his pack so heavily loaded and unbalanced.

Lu Bu can hear the din of battle all around him and the crashing of Nancy and Jason dumping armfuls of supplies into sacks and backpacks.

As Nancy kneels down to remove the hobgoblin’s scabbard Vane pushes past, out the doorway, portable alchemist lab and the nitroglycerine in his arms. As he disappears into the mist you can hear him setting his supplies down. He whispers that he will load up the cart, while unseen, his voice is but ten feet away. Nancy straps the scabbard to her own waist and picks up the Longsword, sheathing it. She keeps the Morningstar in hand though and hefts it comfortably.

Jason considers Vane and Lu Bu before grabbing two more potions off a shelf and then moving to check on Sharon and Tanner, who are taking longer than expected. Anthaul. Now that will come in handy he muses to himself. You can hear Vane strapping his alchemy supplies onto the hand cart off to the right, as well as soft footsteps approaching. In fact you hear more than one set.
    "You two doing all right back here?” you hear Jason say, drowning away the faint footsteps.
    "I’m about ready, how’s it coming Sharon?" Vane asks a bit louder, directing his voice to the open doorway.

Kel Vas rounds the corner of the Oreld family shop to see an obscuring mist covering the front entry and a hobgoblin approaching it slowly, sword drawn. Torch lit in his offhand he waves it back and forth trying to burn away the mist.

As Kel Vas sneaks through the shadows on the east side of the shop he sees the hand cart pulled up alongside the stone wall and hears boots approaching in the mist. And can see that so does the hobgoblin. As Vane loads the cart the hobgoblin peers around trying to spot him.

Show

Show

did anyone else notice that elf magic? DC 15 perception (d20)[19]

--top of round 15--

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) finishes packing up his “portable” alchemist’s lab, grabbing the ingredients as well from his locked cabinet. He leaves the cabinet.
    S[22] The crowd at Oreld's Shop
    Jason (3/3 HP) helps Nancy load up the wares on the shelves.
    Tanner Oreld (1/1 HP) finishes gathering his camping supplies.
    Sharon Oreld (3/3 HP) finishes helping Tanner with the camping supplies.

Vane grabs his:
    • Surgeon’s Kit
    • Blessed Bandages
    • Masterwork Sickle

Jason clears another shelf into his pack:
    • Potion Bladder
    • Masterwork Bandoleer
    • magnifying monocle Mwk Tool of Appraise (50g)
    • Translator's manual Mwk Tool of Decipher Script (50g)
    • Field Guide Mwk Tool of Knowledge: Nature (50g)
    • [50] Sheets of parchment
    • Ink & Quills
    • Oil Flask

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3

S[17] Nancy (4/4 HP)
    Nancy loots:
    • Scabbard
    • Longsword

S[17] G30 unknown to Lu Bu

S[12] G36 (17/17) unknown to Lu Bu, he ignites his torch and waves it at the mist.

S[11] G38 (14/17) unknown

S[9] The Wolf unknown to Lu Bu
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon.../canines/wolf/

S[8] G37 (15/17) unknown

--top of round 16--

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Carrying the alchemy supplies out the door he begins strapping them to the hand cart.
    Jason (3/3 HP) Grabs a couple more potions before checking on Sharon and Tanner.

Jason loots:
    • (2) Potions of Aunthaul

S[22] Kel Vas the Prevailer round 16: … ACTION!

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3 / 16: … ACTION!

(d20+0)[14] Kel’s Sense Motive
    Spoiler: Kel's Sense Motive
    Show

(d20+5)[14] Kel's Perception
    Spoiler: Kel's Sense Perception
    Show

(d20+3)[5] LuBu's Sense Motive
    Spoiler: LuBu's Sense Motive
    Show

(d20+3)[7] LuBu's Perception
    Spoiler: LuBu's Sense Perception
    Show

Spoiler: Konwledge History DC16 - Lu Bu
    Show
    You recognize the insignia on the shoulder of their uniforms, these are Ironfang Legion soldiers. The mercenaries were responsible for the Ramgate Massacre two years ago, they have been absent from the battlefield ever since. What they are doing here or who they could be working for is beyond your comprehension. You know that they are trained almost as well as they are equipped preferring ambush tactics and overwhelming force. They only take prisoners of those who are docile, they have no qualms of killing a potential slave if it has an attitude.

The Ironfang Legion served Molthune loyally as one of its infamous “monster regiments,” mercenary units of nonhuman creatures, hired without official sanction to pillage during the coflict between Molthune and Nirmathas. The force served with distinction and earned a reputation for innovative tactics and fearless soldiers, culminating in a devastating rout of Nirmathi guerrillas assaulting Fort Ramgate (now referred to as the Ramgate Massacre by its few Nirmathi survivors). Without a word, the Ironfangs vanished shortly thereafter, soon followed by several other monster regiments, quickly depleting Molthune’s mercenary forces.

Two years ago General Hakar needed to fortify Fort Ramgate against Nirmathi militia fighters, so he hired some (34) hobgoblin mercenaries called Fortune's Blood (They weren't the Ironfang Legion yet). Then, during summer, sixty Nirmathi waged a full on assault on Fort Ramgate under the cover of night. A spy learned of the attack and warned the hobgoblins, and while the Nirmathi attacked a bunch of empty tents the hobgoblins came out of hiding and swarmed them, killing 55 of them and losing only six.

While the surviving five fled the hobgoblins turned on the civilian supporters in the woods slaughtering the fletchers, healers, and scouts the rebels brought with them. This was the Ramgate Massacre. Molthrune had a thing against killing unarmed civilians, however, and the entire company was dismissed.

~~~***~~~

Spoiler: B. Nomad Chase, Raffa Nimes, and Cpl. Gabriel Ginger at the Phaendar Trading Company
    Show

Spoiler: Alma
    Show

Phaendar Trading Company

As Chase feeds the alchemist a healing potion the enlarged hobgoblin comes on again, bearing down with his Longsword as the alchemist sputters back to consciousness.

The alchemist Cpl. Gabriel Ginger, disoriented, draws his bow and fires at an archer as the enlarged hobgoblin bears down on him. With a few quick words Chase withdraws from the combat finding cover where he can mend his wounds.

As Mark is laid low by the elemental Seth screams out. Rushing forward he picks up the sword just as it clatters to the ground and lunges forward at the midsection of the elemental, full of fury.

Kinning, having dispatched an archer looks up to see another and disappears deeper yet into the market stalls and tents, nearly lost from view.

I can't escape, hes too close and has too much reach. I will try to take him with me.

Cpl. Gabriel Ginger faces the hobgoblin. Burn. One simple word escapes his lips as he tosses an alchemist's fire, the hobgoblin stabs out futilely with his sword as the vial shatters against his skin. Erupting into flames the hobgoblin collapses upon himself, unconscious and smoldering.
    His broken chainmail clattering as his 1,800 lb frame slams into the ground. His masterwork longsword, as it leaves his grasp, falls to the ground shrinking back down to medium size.

as Mark fells the earth elemental the kids cheer, feeling the XP rush into their young bodies. They climb down from the hayloft just as the roof lights ablaze, the smoke gathering quickly.
    With a final scream the earth elemental crumbles into a pile of dirt and stone.
    Moderately injured, the wolf stays by his master, movement action readied to his command.

Raffa looks to Kinning. He takes stock of the situation, and sees that the wolf and its master could yet ambush the civilians. He strides into the darkness to deal with that.

With the benefit of cover, Chase takes out the other potion and uses it to heal. Oh, that's the stuff. That feels good. Chase takes a moment to appraise the situation before loading the new pack he'd found onto the cart.

As Raffa closes in on the hunter the little girl stays put for now. In the distance Raffa notices more obscuring mist surrounding the Oreld family shop and a hobgoblin approaching it cautiously, slowly dispersing it with a torch.

As Ginger burns the enlarged hobgoblin Kinning disappears from view, only the one hobgoblin with a bow remaining visible.

Chase, throwing back a potion sees the barn roof in front of him burst into flames. Seth standing victorious over the remains of the elemental, his shoulders heave with exertion. At his feet villagers lie unconscious, strewn across the trade yard, peppered with arrows Mark, Stephen, and Adolph lie. Inside the barn at the forge, another young man lies dead, smashed by the elemental in its panic, a Traveler's Anytool fallen from his grasp. On the walls of the barn all sorts of crafted goods and raw materials can be found surrounding the main work area which is dominated by two large anvils. Goods for sale or trade can be found on shelves and in barrels.

Spoiler: In the barn of Phaendar Trade Company:
    Show

• Traveler's Any-Tool 250g (At Forge)
    • Masterwork Tool: Crowbar (+2)
    • Masterwork Tool: Metal Tongs (+2) "Heavy Locking Pliers"
    • Insulated Suede Blacksmith's Gloves
    • Tinted Goggles +2 vs gaze
    • Trowel
    • Shovel
    • Light Pick
    • 3 lb Cross-peen hammer
    • 2 lb Ball-peen hammer
    • Bellows
    • 5 gallon slack tub "quench bucket" full (45 lbs, open top half-barrel)
    • (20) Cotton Shop Rags
    • 9 lb (1) gallon water jug (full) 1PP
    • 50 lb charcoal
    • 1 lb Beeswax
    • 10 lb Jug of Oil
    • First Aid Kit +2
    • (2) Aloe Vera Plants
    • Block and Tackle
    • 50' Silk Rope (5lbs)
    • 50' Spider Silk Rope (4lbs)
    • Everburning Torch,
    • Masterwork Backpack (x2)
    • Sack (x4),
    • Mess Kit
    • Shaving Kit
    • Manacles
    • Bear Trap
    • Caltrops
    • Handaxe
    • Grappling Arrow
    • Grappling Hook
    • Hammer, (10) Pitons, (10) Iron Spikes
    • (2) Stubborn Nail
    • Mwk Adamantine Dagger
    • Mwk Battleaxe
    • Mwk Scimitar
    • Mwk Kukri
    • Morningstar
    • +1 Warmace
    • Mwk Longsword
    • Mwk Cold Iron Longsword
    • Mwk Mithril Spiked Chain (5 lbs)
    • Mwk Composite Longbow (+2)
    • Masterwork Mercurial Cold-Iron Greatsword 2d6 20x4 17lbs, 600g (Chase)
    • Weightless Scabard (Chase)
    • Mwk Mithral Buckler (Throwing Shield +50gp)
    • Mwk Pavise
    • Chain Shirt,
    • Chain Shirt (Broken)
    • Mwk Chain Shirt
    • Mwk Breastplate
    • Mwk Adamantine Breastplate
    • Mwk Mithril Chain Shirt (12.5 lbs)
    • Mwk Chainmail
    • Armor Spikes (50gp)
    • Perception DC 18, 20, 25: (hidden things)

Show

Spoiler: RD 15
    Show

--RD 15--

Storefront roof on fire: 30/30 squares of thatch are on fire
    Smithy roof on fire: 12/21 squares of thatch are on fire

C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard (7/17 HP, 14 AC) Enlarged,
    Steps forward, attacking Cpl. Gabriel Ginger.
    [15] Longsword vs Cpl. Gabriel Ginger

C[19] G19 (17/17 HP, 19 AC) actions unknown. (in the mist)
    Spoiler
    Show
    C[4] G19 moves and casts Lesser Vigor on G18

C[19] Kinning Blondebeard (42/50 HP, 17 AC)
    (Two handing her Great Hammer) Seeing another archer knocking an arrow to the north-west Kinning moves up and attacks.
    [14] Attack G32, missing.

C[19] G18 (11/17 HP, 15 AC, lesser vigor) west of PTCo, takes a shot then disappears back into the mist.
    [-1] Longbow Vs Ginger

S[17] G30
    His wolf severely injured, he tends the wounds, applying an ointment and a bandage [5HP]

C[16] Little Girl looking up at Raffa she lets out a snort as he fails to tame the wolf, instead opting for arrows. Hearing his arcane words she is both disappointed and mystified by his actions.

C[16] G16 DEAD.

C[14] G7 (0/17 HP) lies unconscious but stable.

C[14] The crowd at P.T. Co.

Seth, overcome with grief and anger rushes forward, grabbing up the masterwork Longsword dropped by Mark as Stephen falls back to the ground. He stabs forward into the elementals midsection as he raises the sword off of the ground.
    [20] Mwk Longsword vs E.E. [7] damage, slaying it.

Stephen [-5/4] Unconscious but stable.

Mark (-4/4 HP) Unconscious but stable.

Adolph Vansich, Unconscious but stable.

Vadal Amuur, Lies dead by the forge.

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (7/19 HP, 20 AC)
    Cpl. Gabriel Ginger faces the hobgoblin. Burn. One simple word escapes his lips as he tosses an alchemist's fire, the hobgoblin stabs out futilely with his sword as the vial shatters against his skin. Erupting into flames the hobgoblin collapses upon himself, unconscious and smoldering.

[AoO] G20, The Witchdoctor's Guard (7/17 HP, 14 AC) Enlarged,
    [11] Longsword vs Ginger, missing.

Touch Attack (1d20+6)[19], Fire Damage (1d6+4)[10], on fire.
    G20 (-3/17 HP), on fire.

C[11] Kids in hayloft
    as Mark fells the earth elemental the kids cheer, feeling the XP rush into their young bodies. They climb down from the hayloft easily just as the roof lights ablaze, the smoke gathering quickly above them.

C[11] the Earth Elemental (dead)
    With a final scream the earth elemental crumbles into a pile of dirt and stone.

C[10] G15 (16/17) actions unknown. (in the mist)
    Spoiler: in the mist
    Show
    Heading the other way, looting the priest, etc.

S[9] The Wolf (9/13 HP, 14 AC)
    moderately injured, he stays by his master, movement action readied to his command.

C[8] G8 (-5/17 HP) Unconscious but stable, longbow at his side.

C[6] Raffa Nimes - ACTION! (AC 24 Hit Points 10/15+9 temp.)
    C[-] Nomad Chase - ACTION! (AC 17 Hit Points 6/21)

Spoiler: RD 16
    Show

C[4] G17 actions unknown. (in the mist)
    Spoiler
    Show
    C[4] G17 moves into the temple and casts cure lesser wounds on G31 (d8+2)[4]

C[3] G29 Nightscale/Guisarme lies dead, smashed into the ground. Armor appearing unscathed.

--RD 16--

Smithy roof on fire: 12/21 squares of thatch were on fire
    (d20)[17] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[4] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[13] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[3] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[12] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[4] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[20] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[5] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[14] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[16] Fire Spread (DC11)

C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard (-3/17 HP) Enlarged,
    On fire, Unconscious, and dying. (d20-1)[4] DC 10+(d6)[1] fire damage to stabilize.

Spoiler
    Show
    C[4] G19 moves and casts Lesser Vigor on G31

(d20+10)[26] attack G32 (d12+7)[13] (16 STR, 2H Attack) vs 15 AC (bow is out not shield)
    (d20+6)[24] Auto-Demoralize (Cornugeon Smash)
    if crit: (19-20/x4) +1 Greathorn Greathammer
    (d20+10)[20] to confirm (3d12+21)[45] bonus damage
    Demoralized, DC12: G8 is shaken (–2 penalty on attack rolls, saves, skill and ability checks.

C[19] G18 (12/17 HP, 15 AC, lesser vigor) west of PTCo, takes a shot then disappears back into the mist.
    (d20+3)[4] Longbow Vs Cpl. Ginger (d8)[8]
    (d20+3)[11] crit confirm and crit damage if needed (2d8)[14]

C[19] G32 (11/17) if still alive makes a full retreat, fleeing into the crowd.

S[17] G30 (6/17 HP) severely injured, he retreats as he tends his wounds, applying an ointment and a bandage (d8+3)[4]

C[16] Little Girl watching Raffa intently she stays hidden and safe.

C[16] G16 DEAD.

C[16] G31 (15/17 HP, vigor) location unknown

C[14] G7 (0/17 HP) Unconscious but stable.

Seth, overcome with exhaustion collapses to a knee and fishes through Mark’s pouch getting out a healing potion.

Stephen (-5/4) Unconscious but stable.

Mark (-4/4) Unconscious but stable.

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (7/19 HP, 20 AC) ACTION

(d20+2)[6] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Sense Motive
    Spoiler: Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+7)[8] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Perception
    Spoiler: Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Perception
    Show

x

(d20+0)[5] Raffa Nimes's Sense Motive
    Spoiler: Raffa Nimes's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+6)[14] Raffa Nimes's Perception
    Spoiler: Raffa Nimes's Perception
    Show

x

(d20+7)[24] Nomad Chase's Sense Motive
    Spoiler: Nomad Chase's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+8)[16] Nomad Chase's Perception
    Spoiler: Nomad Chase's Perception
    Show

x

~~~***~~~

Spoiler: summary in initiative order
    Show

note that the crowds are friendly towards you, you may command them with a Movement Action (Assist Me! +2, Defend here, Follow, etc. similar)

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Gathers his supplies.
    Jason, Sharon, Tanner pack up the camping equipment.
    C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard
    C[19] G19 In the mist to the west of PTCo.
    C[19] Kinning Blondebeard attacking G32
    S[19] G3 DEAD
    S[19] G4 called for reinforcements, moved south.
    C[19] G18 west of PTCo, TWANG
    C[19] G32 (11/17) unknown
    C[18] G35 (14/17) Pillaging (south) *TORCH

S[18] the scene at Oreld's Fine Shop, Round 16
    S[18] Lu Bu Sago (-4) Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor/ 12: Loot/ 13: Loot/ 14: Loot/ 15: Loot
    S[17] Nancy Finishes packing up
    S[17] G30 Notices Lu Bu, notices Raffa, fires on Raffa, heals wolf
    C[16] Little Girl observes, critiques
    C[16] G16 DEAD.
    C[16] G31 (15/17) unknown
    I[16] G26 realizes the illusion and enters
    I[16] G28 moves towards the back of the structure, his stealth betrayed by detect evil.
    I[15] G27 moves towards the back of the structure, his stealth betrayed by detect evil.
    C[14] G7 (0/17) unconscious
    C[14] The crowd at P.T. Co. lying unconscious mostly
    I[13] Jet moving out, pack full of food

C[13] the scene at Phaendar Trading Company, Round 16
    C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger Awake!
    I[13] G14 Out front. (Used Rope, Bound Prisoners)
    I[12] G2 (6/17) flees out the front door crying
    S[12] G36 (17/17) Notices Elf Magic *LONGSWORD
    C[11] G6 DEAD.
    I[11] Aubrin the Green moving out
    C[11] Earth Elemental DEAD.
    I[11] G23 moves toward the back at the behest of G22.
    I[11] G25 realizes the illusion and enters
    I[10] Darren Browne
    I[10] G12 Dead by the bar
    I[10] G1 (-9/17 HP) Unconscious but stable
    C[10] G15 (16/17) unknown, in the MIST
    I[9] G13 seeing the melee commence out back he draws his bow, firing into the crowd.
    I[9] G21 (-7/17 HP) lies unconscious and dying
    S[9] The Wolf awaits his master.
    S[9] G10 Dead & Looted.
    I[8] G24 moves toward the back at the behest of G22.
    C[8] G8 unconscious.
    S[8] G37 (15/17) unknown
    C[7] G33 (7/17) Pillaging (south)
    C[7] G34 (17/17) village green, unknown

C[6] Raffa Nimes
    C[-] Nomad Chase
    S[6] G9 Dead & Looted.
    C[5] G5 Dead.
    I[4] G11 (-10/17) Dead in the kitchen.

I[4] the scene at the Taproot Inn, Round 16
    I[4] G22 at the back door fighting Wyra. Calls out for assistance.
    I[4] Wyra Whitemane(19/20)
    C[4] G17 healer - to the west of PTCo in the mist
    C[4] G19 witchdoctor - to the west of PTCo in the mist
    C[3] G29 Guisarme Nightscale DEAD

Spoiler: MAP
    Show

new map for top of Rd 16

Round 16: Darren Browne, Wyra Whitemane, Cpl. Gabriel Ginger, Lu Bu Sago; you're up!

If Darren does not post we will assume he creates an illusion.

editing,
    Perception and sense motive probably tomorrow.
    Last edited by Edd; 2017-08-08 at 08:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Cpl Ginger

Well, I'll be damned. I am still alive, and not getting shot at.

He moves next to the enlarged hob, and searches him for potions (hoping to find something to get those civs up).
    Show
    5ft step, then loots as a fullround action.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Kel Vas

Gods help me. Seeing that one of his allies has been made, he attempts to engage the Hob, before he is noticed.

After swinging his blade, he calls to whoever is in the mist
    You've been made, come and help me.
    Show

Kel Vas will attempt to sneak up on G36, but he will draw his shield as he moves, as he is unlikely to be able to fell the monster in a single blow.

Stealth (1d20)[1]
    Attack: (1d20+3)[17] Dmg: (1d8+1)[9]
    CAttack: (1d20+3)[20] CDmg: (1d8+1)[6]

Spoiler: Minisheet
    Show

, Level , Init , HP / , Speed
    AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 15, Fort , Ref , Will , CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Longsword +3 (1d8+1, 19-20)
    Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
    Chain Shirt, Large Steel Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex , Con , Int , Wis 10, Cha
    Condition None

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wyra

Keen to reap further rewards for flanking with Torin, Wyra stepped alongside the remaining hobgoblin in range of her blade, slamming her falchion into its flank.

She unslung the hobgoblins pack from her shoulder and offered its weighty content to Torin, over the body of their fallen foe. "Carries like a crossbow of heavy weight, best pass it on to one of the others to make use of. Make for cover on the far side of the inn while you can."

Show
    To Flank [J1?]

Show
    Offers masterwork crossbow to Torin

Show
    Attacks the Hobgoblin already threatening Torin, with the benefit of flanking.
    Falchion Attack (1d20+6)[14] (2d4+6)[11] damage
    Crit confirm, if necessary: (1d20+6)[25] (2d4+6)[10] damage

Show
    Wyra Whitemane
    AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 18, Fort 9, Ref 6, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 2
    +2 Per Dice of Healing
    Last edited by Wymmerdann; 2017-08-11 at 12:42 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Lu Bu

Lu Bu staggers towards the sound of Vane's voice. "I've got some heavy armor to go on the cart. It'll do someone a world of good tomorrow. Do you have a mule or horse to pull the cart with ready to go? We need to move."

Spoiler
    Show

Using a nearly-normal voice volume... double move under a heavy load. If I reach the cart, I hope it's a free action to drop the plate but it probably isn't.

I think the cart is at the north corner of the shop?
    Campaign Logs:

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Phaendar Trade Co.
    end of round 16

Navigating the dying flames upon his still breathing form Cpl. Ginger rifles through the hobgoblin's belongings.

Spoiler: Cpl. Gabriel Ginger loots G20, Level 1 Hobgoblin Warrior (-5/17 HP, unconscious)
    Show

• Light Steel Shield on the ground;
    • 20 Arrows in a quiver;
    • Mwk Longsword out of it's sheath, on the ground;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2)[1] Potions of the same color;
    • (d2)[2] Potions of another color;
    • (d2)[2] Rations.
    • (d20)[7] GP
    • (d100)[60] SP

He wears broken elven chain mail, masterwork boots, a tunic, and some Darkweave Silk Pantaloons. To remove them would take additional actions.

note that elven means mithral and mithral means masterwork and masterwork means either magical or enchantable...

As the barn roof ignites the fire spreads across it in a matter of a few seconds. The heat from the forge keeping the thatch dry has made it into kindling. The smoke gathers thick forming a low ceiling billowing out the open barn door. The two young archers that were hiding in the hayloft come running out, bows in hand, their cheers for Seth cut short as they nearly trip over the pile of bodies in the trade yard. They come wheeling to a halt as they take in the grisly scene.

As they make themselves seen Seth's eyebrows raise in recognition "Lirosa, Taidel, thank the gods you're both alive. Stick close and keep you bows ready while we see who can yet be saved." he says, taking one of the potions and uncorking it.

"I thought they were all dead..." Lirosa begins saying as Taidel cuts her off exclaiming to Seth "You were amazing! What a blow you dealt it!" kicking the rubble that was once an Elemental. "... what the heck was it?" Lirosa asks, speaking of the Earth Elemental, but her gaze stuck on the corpse of Vadal over by the forge.

Show

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (7/19 HP, 20 AC) Looting G20
    He moves next to the enlarged hob, and searches him for potions (hoping to find something to get those civs up).

C[11] Lirosa and Taidel, half-elf siblings.
    move out of the building, speak with Seth and Chase.

Show

moderately injured, he stays by his master, movement action readied to his command.

C[-] Nomad Chase - ACTION! (AC 17 Hit Points 12/21)

Round 16: Darren Browne, Nomad Chase, Raffa Nimes; you're up!

Last edited by Edd; 2017-08-10 at 05:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Raffa Nimes

Gritting his teeth, Raffa sees the hobgoblin with the wolf still standing after he put an aroow in him. He steps closer, completely focused on shooting, and puts another arrow solidly in him.

Spoiler: Ranged Spell Combat
    Show
    5' step southeast, (1d20+5)[9], damage (1d8+4)[12]+(1d3)[3] acid. Second arrow (1d20+5)[19], damage (1d8+4)[12].

Show
    AC 24 (-2 vs non-goblins),touch 16 (-2 vs non-goblins),FF AC 18, CMD 19 (-2 vs non-goblins), FF CMD 13.
    Arcane Pool 3/4
    Hit Points 10/15+9 temp.

Fortitude +5 ((1d20+5)[7]), Reflex +6 ((1d20+6)[13]), Will +5 ((1d20+5)[25])
    Perception +5 ((1d20+5)[16]), Sense Motive +0 ((1d20)[4])
    Knowledge (any) +3 ((1d20+3)[15]) max. 10

5 random rolls: (1d20)[18](1d20)[6](1d20)[7](1d20)[18](1d20)[10]
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2017-08-10 at 06:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134

BlueWizardGirl

Nomad Chase

Looking around, Chase sees that there is a bit of an opening for movement -- for now.

"Alright," he said to Seth. "Let's load up and go."

Chase approaches the fallen man in the barn, trying to grab whatever gear might be of use before the roof sets him on fire again. The mithral spiked chain immediately catches Chase's eye -- Looks fancy... how can I say no? -- and Chase goes for this item first, along with the unusual-looking Greatsword and the scabbard.

Show

Actions:
    Move -- Chase moves to F2 (trying to keep some distance from the walls)
    Standard -- Chase moves to acquire Mwk Mithral Spiked Chain, Mwk Mercurial Cold-Iron Greatsword, and Weightless Scabbard (in that order, for as much as the action will allow

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Resolve Round 16
    Begin Round 17

Show

Paul’s boot strikes the latch and the door pops open. Inside he finds Ulva Vansich, Hedwig’s eldest daughter, and Adalbert von Hofhagen, the trader staying at the Terle residence. Paul knows at any other time this would be a scandal, but right now improprieties could be damned. "I won’t say a word Ulva, let’s just get out of here now, while we still can."

”By the gods Paul. We were afraid it would be Torin, we heard him downstairs. We only just realized moments ago that the sounds revelry were replaced by this… cacophony. Oh Paul, I fear for my siblings. We must check the house before fleeing to the fangwood. There are so many hobs out there, fleeing will be our only chance, I know.”

Paul holds up the key.
    "Well help me loot the storage locker before the Inn burns down. And there are hobs downstairs right now. We will have to go out a window."

As Adalbert’s eyebrows raise Paul reassures him "It’s our best option”

Ulva and Adalbert don’t take much convincing. As they exit the room Darren recognizes them both and is shocked to see them together. Her mother would be beside herself.

Paul tries another door and finding it unlocked and he peers in before continuing down the hall, apparently no one in there. Adalbert goes into the room and comes back out with a Winter Blanket.

Darren watches, maintaining the illusion for another few moments before checking the closest door. He waves as Adalbert notices him, smirking as Adalbert turns white as a sheet.

Wyra spoke words of encouragement to Torin, "Stay on your feet friend, for that blade of yours has much work to do as yet." Taking the opportunity to step behind the Hobgoblin that had just wounded her comrade in arms, Torin, she struck another blow at his unprotected flank, cutting deep and felling the hobgoblin.

As the hobgoblin falls Torin calls out to Mortimer "Move now boy, or yer trapped.” Gritting his teeth through the pain of his open wound Torin moves to the flank of the one hobgoblin left standing in melee and comes down with a slash feinting into a lunge. “get out!" he barks once more. As the hobgoblin whirls to face Torin, Wyra is now flanking him with two archers to the south, and hears the villagers engage combat around the corner of the building to the north.

The door from the taproom to the kitchen bangs as the hobgoblin on the other side of it tries to force his way in. Mortimer puts his back into it and resists with all his strength until he hears Torin’s words. On his elder’s command Mortimer gets out of the kitchen and heads around back of the building sheathing his dagger as he picks the short spear and shield up off of the ground.

As Aubrin and Jet press on into the darkness Clidon readies the longbow he just acquired, clumsily knocking an arrow and Gilraen hefts the cask, staying towards the middle of the pack. As Aubrin reaches the end of the building two Hobgoblins reveal themselves jumping out at Aubrin and Jet, shanking Jet with a dogslicer and stabbing forth at Aubrin with a Horsechopper. Clidon attempts to aim between his allies as he fires into the melee.

Keen to reap further rewards for flanking with Torin, Wyra stepped alongside the remaining hobgoblin in range of her blade, slamming her falchion into its flank, felling it under the weight of her blow.

She unslung the hobgoblins pack from her shoulder and offered its weighty content to Torin, over the body of their fallen foe. "Carries like a crossbow of heavy weight, best pass it on to one of the others to make use of. Make for cover on the far side of the inn while you can."

Torin takes the backpack as he kneels to loot the hobgoblin, quickly raising the shield against the archers at his first convenience. As the arrows fly in close he takes what cover he can.

Aubrin, hearing a hobgoblin around the corner of the building, she shouts out for Jet to be careful. Moving up to guard Jet’s flank she is attacked by the hobgoblin as she sees a second one spin around from behind the pillar to stab at Jet. Taking a step forward Aubrin closes on the one wielding a pole arm, attacking best she can.

As Gilraen gets the lantern lit Mortimer readies his new found Shortspear, hearing the hobgoblins crashing into the kitchen. As the first one comes out the back door he stabs forth twice as he is attacked in return.

Upstairs the villagers finish checking the rooms and begin distributing what they have found between themselves. Ulva moves to the window and contemplates their method of escape.

From below a door can be heard getting kicked in.

Spoiler: Round 16/17
    Show

I[4] G22 outside the back door attacks Wyra and takes a 5' step backward.
    [11] cold iron scimitar vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC)

Moves to flanking and strikes down G23, rendering him unconscious.

Commoner 1, Paul (4/4 HP) moves down the hallway to G13UP and tries the knob. Finding it unlocked Paul glances around at the unoccupied room as he talks with Ulva before moving further down the hall.

Young Fighter 1, Mortimer (1/4 HP)
    Exits the kitchen moving to J-14 and loots a short spear and light steel shield from G-21.

Warrior 2, Torin Reid (11/19 HP, 18 AC) moves to L-10, flanking G22, and attacks
    [23] Mwk Longsword vs G22 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) [7] damage

Commoner 1, Gilraen the Wise (4/4 HP) moves up a bit and sets down the cask as he tries to get the hooded lantern lit. Cursing himself for not lighting on the fire when they were still in the kitchen.

Aristocrat 1, Clidon (4/4 HP) moves up a bit readying his new longbow, knocking an arrow in case anyone threatens Aubrin.

~~~RD 16~~~

Taproom on fire: 4/36 squares were on fire
    [19] Fire Spread (DC11)
    [1] Fire Spread (DC11)
    [6] Fire Spread (DC11)
    [10] Fire Spread (DC11)
    5/36 squares are on fire

I[16] G26 He raises his sword and readies an attack as he shoulders the door to the kitchen open
    [17] strength check DC 13

I[16] G28 poisoned his dogslicer (1d6 19-20x2 S) with Blue Whinnis
    Holding action.

Holding action.

I[13] Jet (8/14 HP) moves up to E-16 unaware of the stealthed hobgoblin.

I[13] G28 held action triggers
    [15] Dogslicer vs Jet (14/14 HP, 16 AC)

I[13] G14 headed south west around front of the building calling for more reinforcement “JODURA!” [6] Diplomacy vs DC 12

I[12] G2 Retreated.

I[11] Adalbert gets a winter blanket and surveys the room

I[11] Aubrin the Green (long-term injury) sensing the evil inherent in the hobgoblin she shouts out for Jet to be careful. Moving up to guard Jet’s flank Aubrin is attacked at D-15 by G27 before making her attack against G28.
    [20] Longsword vs G28 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) [10] damage

I[11] G27 held action triggers
    [22] Horsechopper vs Aubrin (23/43 HP, 17 AC) [11] damage

I[11] Clidon (4/4 HP) held action triggers
    [12] Longbow vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC)

I[11] G23 (-1/17 HP) unconscious and dying [21] DC 10 to stabilize.

I[11] G25 moves to the door leading into the kitchen, assisting G26 if needed.
    [21] strength check DC 13

Maintaining his illusion of a stone wall surrounding the stair case for a final round, Darren looks to Adalbert giving a little wave before he moves to the closest door and opens it, looking inside. There is little of note in here. A wax candle on a candlestick holder sits on a night stand by the hay bed. A winter blanket and a linen sheet adorn the bed, apart from that there are no other accoutrements.

I[9] G13 draws his bow, firing another arrow into the melee.
    [4] Longbow vs Torin (11/19 HP, 18 AC)

I[9] G21 (-9/17 HP) lies unconscious and dying [4] vs DC 10 to stabilize. Failed, dying.

[10] Longbow vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC)

I[5] Ulva
    Talks as she moves

I[4] G22 outside the back door he attacks Wyra and takes a 5' step toward the archers.
    [18] cold iron scimitar vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC) [11]

Step to the right to regain flanking, attack G22
    Flanking Falchion Attack (1d20+8)[16]
    (2d4+6)[11] damage

Paul, Commoner 1 (4/4 HP) moves down the hallway to E-13-UP and tries the key. With a bit of a jiggle he gets the hall closet open revealing a couple of filled backpacks and a small footlocker.

Mortimer, Young Fighter 1 (1/4 HP)
    Hearing the door to the taproom break Mortimer readies his action to attack anything coming out the back door.

Torin Reid, Warrior 2 (11/19 HP, 18 AC)
    Takes a 5’ step And loots G22, raising the shield against the archers at his first convenience.
    (If an arrow gets too close Torin will fall prone for +4 AC)

Gilraen the Wise, Commoner 1 (4/4 HP) gets the lantern lit and manages to carry it along with the cask of fresh water.

Hooded Lantern A hooded lantern sheds normal light in a 30-foot radius and increases the light level by one step for an additional 30 feet beyond that area (darkness becomes dim light and dim light becomes normal light). A hooded lantern does not increase the light level in normal light or bright light. A lantern burns for 6 hours on 1 pint of oil. You can carry a lantern in one hand. Price 7 gp; Weight 2 lbs.

Spoiler: Looting
    Show

Paul
    • Mwk Backpack
    • Mwk Backpack
    • Mwk Scroll Box
    • a 10’ Pole

Paul will likely spend additional actions next turn to hand the backpacks to Ulva and Adalbert, or to examine the contents of a container.

Torin loots G22, level 1 hobgoblin warrior.
    • Mwk Cold Iron scimitar;
    • Light steel shield;
    • 20 Arrows in a quiver;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2)[1] Rations;
    • (d20)[5] GP;
    • (d100)[84] SP;

Torin will likely spend the additional actions next turn to loot the Dastana from G22 and the Jingasa from G21 if they are not looted before then.

~~~RD 17~~~

Taproom on fire: 5/36 squares were on fire
    (d20)[15] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[1] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[6] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[5] Fire Spread (DC11)

I[16] G26 Nearly falling into the kitchen he looks around and quickly realizes the fighting has made it out the back door. Exiting the kitchen out the rear the hobgoblin keeps his sword up and ready for any melee.

I[16] Mortimer, Young Fighter 1 (1/4 HP)
    AoO
    (d20)[10] Mwk Shortspear vs (full cover) G26 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d6+2)[5]
    (d20)[17] Crit if needed (d6+2)[6]

Held Action Triggers, Mortimer attacks and takes a 5’ step back.
    (d20+2)[12] Mwk Shortspear vs (partial cover) G26 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d6+2)[3]
    (d20+2)[12] Crit if needed (d6+2)[6]

I[16] G26
    Held Action Triggers
    (d20+2)[20] Longsword vs (partial cover) Mortimer (1/4 HP, 16 AC) (d8+2)[4]
    (d20+2)[18] Crit if needed (d8+2)[8]

Looks like Mortimer got back just in time!
    G26 does not notice Mortimer and exits a threatened square in his haste to get out the back door.
    G26's movement triggers AoO. AoO triggers G26's Ready Action. G26's Ready Action triggers Mortimer's Ready Action.
    Mortimer Ready misses and he takes a 5' step back. G26 cannot take a 5' step with his ready since he already moved and so cannot resolve his Melee Attack, Mortimer cannot resolve his Melee AoO. Next round Mortimer will go at the top of initiative 16, before G26 goes.

I[13] G28 (7/17 HP) poisoned his dogslicer (1d6 19-20x2 S) with Blue Whinnis
    (d20+4)[13] Dogslicer vs Jet (14/14 HP, 16 AC) (d6+2)[4] + FORT DC 14
    (d20+4)[20] Crit if needed (d6+2)[8]

I[13] Jet (8/14 HP) defends herself, attacking G-28 with her Longsword.
    (d20+4)[11] Mwk Longsword vs G28 (7/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8+2)[7]
    (d20+4)[13] Crit if needed (d8+2)[3]

I[13] G14 Retreated, unknown to Wyra or Darren.

I[12] G2 Retreated, unknown to Wyra or Darren.

I[11] Adalbert moves to the last room, in the north west corner, trying the knob. Finding it locked he kicks the jamb feebly.
    (d20)[9] Strength check vs break DC 13

I[11] Clidon (4/4 HP) tries again.
    (d20-4)[6] Longbow vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8)[2]
    (d20-4)[9] Crit if needed (2d8)[7]

I[11] G27 takes a 5’ step away from Aubrin and attacks again, attempting to trip.
    (d20+3)[11] Horsechopper vs Aubrin (12/43 HP, 17 CMD) [TRIP]

I[11] Aubrin the Green (12/43 HP, 17 AC, long-term injury) Taking a 5’ step to D-14 Aubrin closes on the one wielding a pole arm, attacking if able.
    (d20+7)[15] Longsword vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8+2)[3]
    (d20+7)[20] Crit if needed (d8+2)[7]
    (If prone and G28 is not then Aubrin will instead attack G28 from prone taking the -4 penalty, if prone and G28 is down then Aubrin will stand, provoking, before taking the 5’ step and attacking G27)

I[11] G23 (-1/17 HP) unconscious but stable.

I[11] G25 moves into the kitchen and attempts to aid G26, unable to reach the puny human.

I[10] Darren Browne,
    you're up Darren! else...
    Darren enters the room taking the winter blanket and candle, checking the nightstand drawer just in case, but leaves the bible undisturbed.

I[9] G13 knocks another arrow and fires off a shot at Torin, taking a 5’ step back.
    (d20+3)[14] Longbow vs Torin (11/19 HP, 18 AC) (d8)[1]
    (d20+3)[12] Crit if needed (2d8)[7]

I[9] G21 (-10/17) Lies dead near the back door.

I[8] G24 knocks another arrow and fires off a shot at Wyra, taking a 5’ step back and calling for reinforcement.
    (d20)[11] Diplo. DC 12
    (d20+3)[16] Longbow vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC) (d8)[1]
    (d20+3)[12] Crit if needed (2d8)[15]

I[5] Ulva Assists Adalbert if needed, else enters the room and goes to look out the window.
    (d20+4)[6] Strength check vs break DC 13

I[4] G22 (-1/17) Unconscious and dying (d20+1)[6] DC 10 to stabilize.

(d20+5)[8] Darren's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+6)[24] Darren's Perception
    Show

x

(d20+4)[9] Wyra's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+0)[10] Wyra's Perception
    Show

x

~~~***~~~

Show

Show

Oreld's Fine Shop

As Nancy kneels down to remove the hobgoblin’s scabbard Vane pushes past, out the doorway, portable alchemist lab and the nitroglycerine in his arms. As he disappears into the mist you can hear him setting his supplies down. He whispers that he will load up the cart, while unseen, his voice is but ten feet away. Nancy straps the scabbard to her own waist and picks up the Longsword, sheathing it. She keeps the Morningstar in hand though and hefts it comfortably.

Jason considers Vane and Lu Bu before grabbing two more potions off a shelf and then moving to check on Sharon and Tanner, who are taking longer than expected. Anthaul. Now that will come in handy he muses to himself. You can hear Vane strapping his alchemy supplies onto the hand cart off to the right, as well as soft footsteps approaching. In fact you hear more than one set.
    "You two doing all right back here?” you hear Jason say, drowning away the faint footsteps.
    "I’m about ready, how’s it coming Sharon?" Vane asks a bit louder, directing his voice to the open doorway.

Kel Vas rounds the corner of the Oreld family shop to see an obscuring mist covering the front entry and a hobgoblin approaching it slowly, sword drawn. Torch lit in his offhand he waves it back and forth trying to burn away the mist.

As Kel Vas sneaks through the shadows on the east side of the shop he sees the hand cart pulled up alongside the stone wall and hears boots approaching in the mist. And can see that so does the hobgoblin. As Vane loads the cart the hobgoblin peers around trying to spot him.

Gods help me. Seeing that one of his allies has been made, he attempts to engage the Hob, before he is noticed.

As Kel Vas attempts to sneak up on the hobgoblin he draws his shield as he moves, scraping it on the ground giving away his position. The hobgoblin whirls on him but is still not fast enough, Kel Vas’s Longsword striking true. Wheeling from the blow the hobgoblin lets out a yelp and strikes down at Kel with both his sword and his torch.

Lu Bu staggers towards the sound of Vane's voice. "I've got some heavy armor to go on the cart. It'll do someone a world of good tomorrow. Do you have a mule or horse to pull the cart with ready to go? We need to move."

Vane barely hears the question as the ringing of steel on steel echoes just a few feet away. Vane readies his sickle and takes some cover against the wall of the building.

Finding Sharon and Tanner in the back bedroom Jason encourages them to hurry as he hears the combat ensue. Fidgeting with his dagger he turns back to the shop’s front but holds his position at the door, in case the combat goes south and he needs to re-set the acid trap.

Show

Show

Spoiler
    Show

What remains unlooted:
    G9: Armored Coat;
    G10: Spiked Gauntlet, Mwk Jovar;
    G3: Hide Shirt.

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3

S[17] Nancy (4/4 HP)
    Nancy loots:
    • Scabbard
    • Longsword

S[17] G30 unknown to Lu Bu & Kel

S[12] G36 (17/17) unknown to Lu Bu, he ignites his torch and waves it at the mist.

S[11] G38 (14/17) unknown to Lu Bu & Kel

S[9] The Wolf unknown to Lu Bu & Kel

S[8] G37 (15/17) unknown to Lu Bu & Kel

--top of round 16--

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Carrying the alchemy supplies out the door he begins strapping them to the hand cart.
    Jason (3/3 HP) Grabs a couple more potions before checking on Sharon and Tanner.

Jason loots:

S[22] Kel Vas the Prevailer round 16: Stab G36 for 9 damage.

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3 / 16: Move to cart and unload Full Plate

S[17] Nancy (4/4 HP)
    Hearing the commotion, Nancy hurries, gathering what remains on the hobgoblin in front of her before moving out of the storefront towards the sounds of combat, her Morning star held high.

Nancy loots:
    • Small Leather Pouch;
    • 1 ration;
    • 6 GP;
    • 96 SP;
    • Light Steel Shield;
    • Longbow;
    • 20 Arrows in a Quiver

S[17] G30 (dying to Raffa) unknown to Lu Bu or Kel Vas.

S[12] G36 (9/17) wheeling from the blow the hobgoblin lets out a yelp and strikes down at Kel with both his sword and his torch.
    (-4/-12)
    (d20)[9] Mwk Longsword vs Kel Vas (d8+2)[7]
    (d20)[10] Crit if needed (d8+2)[9]
    (d20-8)[-5] Torch vs Kel Vas (d8+2)[8]
    (d20-8)[2] Crit if needed (d8+2)[9]

S[11] G38 (14/17) unknown to Lu Bu or Kel Vas.
    Spoiler
    Show
    moves up on Kel Vas (sneak attack flank next round if cannot see Lu Bu, else attack Lu Bu)

S[9] The Wolf unknown to Lu Bu or Kel Vas.

S[8] G37 (15/17) unknown to Lu Bu or Kel Vas.
    Spoiler
    Show
    moves up on Kel Vas (sneak attack flank next round if cannot see Lu Bu, else attack Lu Bu)

--top of round 17—

did anyone else notice that elf magic? DC 15 perception (d20)[16]

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Readies his sickle taking the Full Defense action +4 AC and gaining hard cover (+2 or +4 AC, depending on the angle of attack.)

Jason (3/3 HP) Finding Sharon and Tanner in the back bedroom Jason encourages them to hurry as he hears the combat ensue. Fidgeting with his dagger he turns back to the shop’s front but holds his position at the door to the lab, in case the combat goes south and he needs to re-set the acid trap.

Tanner Oreld (1/1 HP) finishes gathering his camping supplies and moves back out to the alchemist’s laboratory.

Sharon Oreld (3/3 HP) finishes helping Tanner with the camping supplies and moves back out to the alchemist’s laboratory.

Tanner loots:
    • (1) Noxious Smokestick
    • (2) Winter Blankets
    • (1) Signal Whistle
    • 5lb Leeching Kit (+2 vs poison)
    • (1) Superior Lock

Sharon loots:
    • 3lb Antidote Kit (+3 vs poison)
    • 4lb Chirurgeon’s Kit (Healer’s Kit +2, Brandy, CLW, smelling salts, (2) kindness, antiplague, antitoxin, bloodblock, soothe syrup)
    • (1) Blessed Bandages;
    • (3) Clearly Labeled doses of Healing Salve (1d8)
    • (1) Clearly Labeled Bitterleaf Oil
    • (1) Clearly Labeled Potion of False Life
    • (1) Clearly Labeled Aboleth Mucus

S[22] Kel Vas the Prevailer round 17: … ACTION!

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3 / 16: load cart / 17: … ACTION!

(d20+0)[17] Kel’s Sense Motive
    Show

(d20+5)[9] Kel's Perception
    Show

(d20+3)[20] LuBu's Sense Motive
    Show

(d20+3)[13] LuBu's Perception
    Show

Show
    You recognize the insignia on the shoulder of their uniforms, these are Ironfang Legion soldiers. The mercenaries were responsible for the Ramgate Massacre two years ago, they have been absent from the battlefield ever since. What they are doing here or who they could be working for is beyond your comprehension. You know that they are trained almost as well as they are equipped preferring ambush tactics and overwhelming force. They only take prisoners of those who are docile, they have no qualms of killing a potential slave if it has an attitude.

The Ironfang Legion served Molthune loyally as one of its infamous “monster regiments,” mercenary units of nonhuman creatures, hired without official sanction to pillage during the coflict between Molthune and Nirmathas. The force served with distinction and earned a reputation for innovative tactics and fearless soldiers, culminating in a devastating rout of Nirmathi guerrillas assaulting Fort Ramgate (now referred to as the Ramgate Massacre by its few Nirmathi survivors). Without a word, the Ironfangs vanished shortly thereafter, soon followed by several other monster regiments, quickly depleting Molthune’s mercenary forces.

Two years ago General Hakar needed to fortify Fort Ramgate against Nirmathi militia fighters, so he hired some (34) hobgoblin mercenaries called Fortune's Blood (They weren't the Ironfang Legion yet). Then, during summer, sixty Nirmathi waged a full on assault on Fort Ramgate under the cover of night. A spy learned of the attack and warned the hobgoblins, and while the Nirmathi attacked a bunch of empty tents the hobgoblins came out of hiding and swarmed them, killing 55 of them and losing only six.

While the surviving five fled the hobgoblins turned on the civilian supporters in the woods slaughtering the fletchers, healers, and scouts the rebels brought with them. This was the Ramgate Massacre. Molthrune had a thing against killing unarmed civilians, however, and the entire company was dismissed.

~~~***~~~

Spoiler: B. Nomad Chase, Raffa Nimes, and Cpl. Gabriel Ginger at the Phaendar Trading Company
    Show

Show

Phaendar Trading Company

As Raffa closes in on the hunter the little girl stays put for now. In the distance Raffa notices more obscuring mist surrounding the Oreld family shop and a hobgoblin approaching it cautiously, slowly dispersing it with a torch.

As Ginger burns the enlarged hobgoblin Kinning disappears from view, only the one hobgoblin with a bow remaining visible.

Chase, throwing back a potion sees the barn roof in front of him burst into flames. Seth standing victorious over the remains of the elemental, his shoulders heave with exertion. At his feet villagers lie unconscious, strewn across the trade yard, peppered with arrows Mark, Stephen, and Adolph lie. Inside the barn at the forge, another young man lies dead, smashed by the elemental in its panic, a Traveler's Anytool fallen from his grasp. On the walls of the barn all sorts of crafted goods and raw materials can be found surrounding the main work area which is dominated by two large anvils. Goods for sale or trade can be found on shelves and in barrels.

With a mithral chain grabbing his attention he enters into the burning building to grab it without much consideration for the burning roof groaning under its own weight as the blazing fire impinges upon its structural integrity. As Chase makes it to the center of the room he grabs up the mithral spiked chain and the masterwork scabbard. Despite the massive two handed hilt protruding from the scabbard, the set seems to somehow only weigh a pound.

Raffa Nimes, gritting his teeth, sees the hobgoblin with the wolf still standing after he put an arrow in him. He steps closer, completely focused on shooting, and puts another arrow solidly in his chest, felling him. The wolf whimpers and paws at him, sitting down next to his still breathing form.

As the archer firing at Cpl. Ginger steps back out of the mist taking another shot the shaman steps out with him wiggling his fingers. With a pinch of horse hair he speaks arcane words and a Light Riding Horse pops into being between you and him.

Show

• Trowel
    • Shovel
    • Light Pick
    • 3 lb Cross-peen hammer
    • 2 lb Ball-peen hammer
    • Bellows
    • (20) Cotton Shop Rags
    • 50 lb charcoal
    • 1 lb Beeswax
    • 10 lb Jug of Oil
    • First Aid Kit +2
    • (2) Aloe Vera Plants
    • Block and Tackle
    • 50' Silk Rope (5lbs)
    • Everburning Torch,
    • Sack (x4),
    • Mess Kit
    • Shaving Kit
    • Manacles
    • Bear Trap
    • Caltrops
    • Handaxe
    • Grappling Arrow
    • Grappling Hook
    • (2) Stubborn Nail
    • Mwk Adamantine Dagger
    • Mwk Battleaxe
    • Mwk Scimitar
    • Mwk Kukri
    • Morningstar
    • +1 Warmace
    • Mwk Longsword
    • Mwk Mithril Spiked Chain (5 lbs)
    • Masterwork Mercurial Cold-Iron Greatsword 2d6 20x4 17lbs, 600g (Chase)
    • Weightless Scabard (Chase)
    • Mwk Pavise
    • Chain Shirt,
    • Chain Shirt (Broken)
    • Mwk Chain Shirt
    • Mwk Breastplate
    • Mwk Chainmail
    • Armor Spikes (50gp)

Show

Spoiler: RD 16
    Show

C[4] G17 actions unknown. (in the mist)
    Spoiler
    Show
    C[4] G17 moves into the temple and casts cure lesser wounds on G31 [4]

C[3] G29 Nightscale/Guisarme lies dead, smashed into the ground. Armor appearing unscathed.

--RD 16--

Smithy roof on fire: 12/21 squares of thatch were on fire
    Smithy roof on fire: 20/21 squares of thatch are now on fire

C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard (-3/17 HP) Enlarged,
    On fire, Unconscious, and dying. [4] DC 10+[1] fire damage to stabilize.

Spoiler
    Show
    C[4] G19 moves and casts Lesser Vigor on G31

[26] attack G32 [13] (16 STR, 2H Attack) vs 15 AC (bow is out not shield)
    [24] Auto-Demoralize (Cornugeon Smash)
    Demoralized, DC12: G8 is shaken (–2 penalty on attack rolls, saves, skill and ability checks.

C[19] G18 (12/17 HP, 15 AC, lesser vigor) west of PTCo, takes a shot then disappears back into the mist.
    [4] Longbow Vs Cpl. Ginger

C[19] G32 (-2/17) unconscious and dying

S[17] G30 (6/17 HP) severely injured, he retreats as he tends his wounds, applying an ointment and a bandage [4]
    (10/17 HP)

C[16] G16 DEAD.

C[16] G31 (15/17 HP, vigor) location unknown

Seth, overcome with exhaustion collapses to a knee and fishes through Mark’s pouch getting out a healing potion.

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (7/19 HP, 20 AC)
    Navigating the dying flames upon his still breathing form Cpl. Ginger rifles through the hobgoblin's belongings.

Spoiler: Cpl. Gabriel Ginger loots G20, Level 1 Hobgoblin Warrior (-5/17 HP, unconscious)
    Show

• Light Steel Shield on the ground;
    • 20 Arrows in a quiver;
    • Mwk Longsword out of it's sheath, on the ground;
    • small leather pouch;
    • [1] Potions of the same color;
    • [2] Potions of another color;
    • [2] Rations.
    • [7] GP
    • [60] SP

He wears broken elven chain mail, masterwork boots, a tunic, and some Darkweave Silk Pantaloons. To remove them would take additional actions.

note that elven means mithral and mithral means masterwork and masterwork means either magical or enchantable...

As the barn roof ignites the fire spreads across it in a matter of a few seconds. The heat from the forge keeping the thatch dry has made it into kindling. The smoke gathers thick forming a low ceiling billowing out the open barn door. The two young archers that were hiding in the hayloft come running out, bows in hand, their cheers for Seth cut short as they nearly trip over the pile of bodies in the trade yard. They come wheeling to a halt as they take in the grisly scene.

As they make themselves seen Seth's eyebrows raise in recognition "Lirosa, Taidel, thank the gods you're both alive. Stick close and keep you bows ready while we see who can yet be saved." he says, taking one of the potions and uncorking it.

"I thought they were all dead..." Lirosa begins saying as Taidel cuts her off exclaiming to Seth "You were amazing! What a blow you dealt it!" kicking the rubble that was once an Elemental. "... what the heck was it?" Lirosa asks, speaking of the Earth Elemental, but her gaze stuck on the corpse of Vadal over by the forge.

Show

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (7/19 HP, 20 AC) Looting G20

move out of the building, speak with Seth and Chase.

Show

C[6] Raffa Nimes - ACTION! (AC 24 Hit Points 10/15+9 temp.) - Shoot G30, felling him.

Spoiler: RD 17
    Show

C[4] G17 (14/14 HP, 15 AC, expeditious) moves out of the mist and summons a light riding horse between himself and Cpl. Ginger.

C[3] G29 Nightscale/Guisarme lies dead, smashed into the ground, armor appearing unscathed.

--RD 17--

Smithy roof on fire: 20/21 squares of thatch were on fire
    (20d20)[168] Fire Spread (DC11)

C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard (-5/17 HP) Enlarged.
    Unconscious and dying. (d20-3)[1] DC 10 to stabilize.

Spoiler
    Show
    C[4] G19 moves and casts Enlarge Person on G31

CDG G32(4d12+28)[55]

C[19] G18 (12/17 HP, 15 AC, lesser vigor) west of PTCo, steps out of the mist, taking a shot at Cpl. Ginger
    (d20+3)[22] Longbow Vs Cpl. Ginger (d8)[6]
    (d20+3)[17] crit confirm and crit damage if needed (2d8)[5]

C[19] G32
    Rd 16: (-2/17) unconscious and dying (d20)[3] DC 10 to stabilize if not,
    Rd 17: (-3/17) unconscious and dying (d20-1)[17] DC 10 to stabilize.

S[17] G30 (-2/17 HP) unconscious and dying (d20)[17] DC 10 to stabilize.

C[16] G16 DEAD.

C[16] G31 (17/17 HP, vigor, enlarged) location unknown
    Spoiler
    Show
    G31 moves north to engage Kinning with G19

Spoiler
    Show
    G19 will heal him soon when they get there.

Seth, having found two potions with the same flowery aroma he puts one of them down Mark’s throat. (d8+1)[7], handing the other to Taidel.

Adolph Vansich, (-3/3) Unconscious but stable.

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (7/19 HP, 20 AC) ACTION

(d20+2)[3] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+7)[14] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Perception
    Show

x

(d20+0)[16] Raffa Nimes's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+6)[21] Raffa Nimes's Perception
    Show

The wolf does seem sad and protective, but not overly domesticated and for the most part still an injured wild animal.

(d20+7)[16] Nomad Chase's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+8)[28] Nomad Chase's Perception
    Show

The ceiling will collapse next turn. These roof joists and beams are larger and higher up. It could kill you. From the horrified look on Taidel's face he can hear the beam breaking above you as well. You saw him eyeballing the Any-tool, but he didn't go for it, and now you know why.

~~~***~~~

Show

note that the crowds are friendly towards you, you may command them with a Movement Action (Assist Me! +2, Defend here, Follow, etc. similar)

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Gathers his supplies. At the cart with his sickle.
    Jason, Sharon, Tanner pack up the camping equipment, holding the inner sanctum.
    C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard, unconscious and dying. Healer approaching him.
    C[19] G19 In the mist to the west of PTCo.
    C[19] Kinning Blondebeard attacking G32
    S[19] G3 DEAD, looted
    C[19] G32 (-2/17) unconscious and dying to Kinning, archer.

S[18] the scene at Oreld's Fine Shop, Round 17
    S[18] Lu Bu Sago (-4) Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor/ 12: Loot/ 13: Loot/ 14: Loot/ 15: Loot/ 16: Loot
    S[17] Nancy Finishes packing up
    S[17] G30 (-2/17) unconscious and dying
    C[16] G16 DEAD.
    C[16] G31 (17/17) BUFFED UP AND GOING AFTER KINNING
    I[16] G26 realizes the illusion and enters, EXITS OUT THE BACK TO FIND MORTIMER
    I[16] G28 Blue Whinnis
    I[15] G27 HORSECHOPPER
    C[14] G7 (0/17) unconscious (g19 approaching w/ wand of vigor)
    I[13] Jet moving out, pack full of food

C[13] the scene at Phaendar Trading Company, Round 17
    I[13] G14 Out front DIPLOMANCERING. (Used Rope, Bound Prisoners)
    S[12] G36 (9/17) Notices Elf Magic *LONGSWORD
    C[11] G6 DEAD.
    I[11] Aubrin the Green moving out
    I[11] G23 DEAD.
    I[11] G25 realizes the illusion and enters KITCHEN
    I[10] Darren Browne
    I[10] G12 DEAD by the bar, LOOTED
    I[9] G13 seeing the melee commence out back he draws his bow, firing into the crowd.
    I[9] G21 DEAD
    S[9] G10 Dead & Looted.
    I[8] G24 moves toward the back at the behest of G22. Bow.
    C[8] G8 unconscious.
    S[8] G37 (15/17) unknown

C[6] Raffa Nimes
    C[-] Nomad Chase
    S[6] G9 DEAD & Looted.
    C[5] G5 DEAD (shield)
    I[4] G11 (-10/17) DEAD in the kitchen.

I[4] the scene at the Taproot Inn, Round 17
    I[4] G22 DEAD
    C[4] G17 exits the mist summoning a riding horse.
    C[4] G19 witchdoctor - to the west of PTCo in the mist
    C[3] G29 DEAD (Guisarme, Nightscale)

Show

new map for top of Rd 17

Right Click: Open Image in new tab.

Round 17: Darren Browne, Wyra Whitemane, Cpl. Gabriel Ginger, Lu Bu Sago, Kel Vas; you're up!

Cpl. Gabriel Ginger, struck by an arrow, is at 1 health again! the archer only feinting for cover!! And now the caster steps forth from his obscuring mist!!! Summoning a light riding horse?... Summoning mobile hard cover!

editing,
    Perception and sense motive possibly tomorrow.
    Last edited by Edd; 2017-08-13 at 10:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Lu Bu

Lu Bu stiffens and turns at the sound of battle. He steps cautiously forward to the edge of the mist, his breathing growing rapid. Today has already been more dangerous than anything he's been involved with before, and it grows worse and worse.

He advances until he can see through the edge of the mist, then mutters a quick spell to aid the warrior fighting the hobgoblin.
    Spoiler
    Show

Looks like the hobgoblin is 10' away? 5' step to the west to a spot that gives visibility but isn't in melee range, if possible.

Daze, Will DC15 or lose next action.
    Campaign Logs:

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Kel Vas
    I hope they heard, if I speak any louder ill bring more trouble on us. Now breathe, feign, strike, reposition. If anyone comes out of the mist, I can distract this foe.

Kel positions himself on the square to the left of his enemy after striking.
    Show

Att: (1d20+3)[11] Dmg: (1d8+1)[5]
    CAtt: (1d20+3)[7] CDmg: (1d8+1)[6]

Spoiler: Minisheet
    Show

, Level , Init , HP / , Speed
    AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 15, Fort , Ref , Will , CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Longsword +3 (1d8+1, 19-20)
    Longbow +4 (1d8, x3)
    Chain Shirt, Large Steel Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex , Con , Int , Wis 10, Cha
    Condition None

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Cpl Ginger
    Arrg. Well I spoke too soon(He didn't speak so this is false)
    Another damned archer, west side, and a caster I think.
    He hauls ass to D8 for cover, and quaffs the healing potion.
    Cant help the civs if I am dead.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Phaendar Trade Co.
    end of round 17

Spoiler: G20's loot (-6/17 unconscious and dying)
    Show

Looted

• Light Steel Shield;
      Longbow;
      20 Arrows & quiver;
      Mwk Longsword & sheath;
      small leather pouch;
      (d2)[1] Potions of the same color;
      (d2)[2] Potions of another color;
      (d2)[2] Rations.
      (d20)[7] GP
      (d100)[60] SP

Not yet looted

With a mithral chain grabbing his attention he enters into the burning building to grab it without much consideration for the burning roof groaning under its own weight as the blazing fire impinges upon its structural integrity. As Chase makes it to the center of the room he grabs up the mithral spiked chain and the masterwork scabbard. Despite the massive two handed hilt protruding from the scabbard, the set seems to somehow only weigh a pound.

Raffa Nimes, gritting his teeth, sees the hobgoblin with the wolf still standing after he put an arrow in him. He steps closer, completely focused on shooting, and puts another arrow solidly in his chest, felling him. The wolf whimpers and paws at him, sitting down next to his still breathing form.

As the archer firing at Cpl. Ginger steps back out of the mist taking another shot the shaman steps out with him wiggling his fingers. With a pinch of horse hair he speaks arcane words and a Light Riding Horse pops into being between you and him.

Taidel takes the other potion and begins helping Stephen drink as Cpl. Ginger stumbles around the side of the cart sporting a fresh arrow wound, drinking one himself as well.

Show

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (1/19 HP, 20 AC)
    drinks the potion (d8+1)[9]

Taidel unstoppers the vial and puts it to Stephen's lips, helping him drink. (d8+1)[3]
    Stephen now at (-2/4 HP & stable)

Lirosa knocks an arrow and draws, letting one loose toward the archer attacking the Cpl..
    (d20+1)[16] Longbow Vs G18 (d8)[3] (partial cover)
    (d20+1)[16] crit confirm and crit damage if needed (d8)[2]
    success! G18 now at (9/17)

Show

moderately injured, he stays by his master whimpering and nosing his unconscious form.

Round 17: Darren Browne, Nomad Chase, Raffa Nimes, Wyra Whitemane; you're up!

Last edited by Edd; 2017-09-02 at 12:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

BlueWizardGirl

Nomad Chase

Hearing the roof groan under the strain puts the idea of looting more out of Chase's mind. I guess this is what I can take, then. Better hurry. Chase returns to the cart, and drops off his old chain and the sword, keeping the mithral spiked chain for his own use. He heard Seth's plan, and figured to work with his fellow escapees. Now was as near the perfect time for them to make the run for their next stop as they were going to get.

"You have a chance to make a break for it. I'll cover you," Chase intoned, trying not to seem too out-of-place -- even if he knew it was a hollow effort.

Show

Move Action -- Move to F7
    Free Action -- Drop Masterwork Spiked Chain, Weightless Scabbard, Masterwork Mercurial Cold Iron Greatsword
    Standard Action -- Diplomacy check to rally the escapees: (1d20+4)[10]
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2017-08-13 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Got that result

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wyra
    Seeing more hobgoblins exiting through the Inn's back door, Wyra stepped back into the fray. She could hear the sounds of combat around the corner,a nd worried for her new allies, many of who were little more than farmers and merchants. [COLOR]"Torin, get behind him if you can."[/COLOR] she encouraged the fighter, keen to capitalise on the narrow advantage such strategic maneuvering offered them against the implacable foe.

Show
    To position to attack [J11]

Show
    Urge Torin to take flanking position against G26

Show
    Attacks the G26
    Falchion Attack (1d20+6)[19] (2d4+6)[13] damage
    Crit confirm, if necessary: (1d20+6)[18] (2d4+6)[10] damage

Show
    Wyra Whitemane
    +2 Per Dice of Healing

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Raffa Nimes

"She's gonna get herself killed like that".
    Raffa saw Kinning running into the darkness life a storm of hammer blows. As he strides after her, he spots another hobgoblin and fires a single arrow without breaking his stride.

Show
    moving 30' north, 5' west. 45' due north of that position is, AFAICT, an unlabeled hobgoblin. Single arrow, (1d20+6)[14], damage (1d8+3)[11].

Show
    Arcane Pool 3/4
    Hit Points 10/15+9 temp.

Fortitude +5 ((1d20+5)[18]), Reflex +6 ((1d20+6)[16]), Will +5 ((1d20+5)[10])
    Perception +5 ((1d20+5)[18]), Sense Motive +0 ((1d20)[9])
    Knowledge (any) +3 ((1d20+3)[6]) max. 10

5 random rolls: (1d20)[8](1d20)[12](1d20)[3](1d20)[13](1d20)[9]
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2017-08-14 at 01:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Resolve Round 17
    Begin Round 18

Show

Keen to reap further rewards for flanking with Torin, Wyra stepped alongside the remaining hobgoblin in range of her blade, slamming her falchion into its flank, felling it under the weight of her blow.

Torin takes the backpack as he kneels to loot the hobgoblin, quickly raising the shield against the archers at his first convenience. As the arrows fly in close he takes what cover he can.

Aubrin, hearing a hobgoblin around the corner of the building, she shouts out for Jet to be careful. Moving up to guard Jet’s flank she is attacked by the hobgoblin as she sees a second one spin around from behind the pillar to stab at Jet. Taking a step forward Aubrin closes on the one wielding a pole arm, attacking best she can.

As Gilraen gets the lantern lit Mortimer readies his new found shortspear, hearing the hobgoblins crashing into the kitchen. As the first one comes out the back door he stabs forth and dances away quickly.

Upstairs Ulva and Adalbert attempt to kick in the last door with little success. They take the packs from Paul before attempting again. From below the banging can be heard as they try to break in the door repeatedly.

Seeing more hobgoblins exiting through the Inn's back door, Wyra stepped back into the fray. She could hear the sounds of combat around the corner and worried for her new allies, many of who were little more than farmers and merchants. [COLOR]"Torin, get behind him if you can."[/COLOR] she encouraged the fighter, keen to capitalize on the narrow advantage such strategic maneuvering offered them against the implacable foe. Swinging her blade down on the first through the door she lands a wicked blow nearly felling him in one go. The other hobgoblin behind him decides it would be best if he checked on the banging up stairs rather than face this fierce warrior.

Making it up the stairs the hobgoblin sees Ulva and hears Adalbert as they try again to get into the last room at the end of the hall. Darren, hiding in the first room , hears the footsteps and creates an illusion of himself, or rather some monstrous version of himself, diving through the door way and flipping into another room, hoping the bizarre distraction will suffice.

Below, Aubrin calls for a rally on her and the villagers focus on the hob with the poisoned blade, hoping to fell him before he does harm to Jet. The hob with a pole arm backs into the shadows where he can take advantage of his superior vision, luring Aubrin towards the village green. Not wanting to test his luck again Mortimer falls back from the newest enemy coming out from the kitchen and moves to the hob with the poisoned blade, striking out with his Shortspear.

Spoiler: Round 17/18
    Show

~~~End of RD 16~~~

[18] cold iron scimitar vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC) [11]

Step to the right to regain flanking, attack G22
    Flanking Falchion Attack (1d20+8)[16]
    (2d4+6)[11] damage

Paul, Commoner 1 (4/4 HP) moves down the hallway to E-13-UP and tries the key. With a bit of a jiggle he gets the hall closet open revealing a couple of filled backpacks and a small footlocker.

Mortimer, Young Fighter 1 (1/4 HP)
    Hearing the door to the taproom break Mortimer readies his action to attack anything coming out the back door.

Takes a 5’ step And loots G22, raising the shield against the archers at his first convenience.
    (If an arrow gets too close Torin will fall prone for +4 AC)

Gilraen the Wise, Commoner 1 (4/4 HP) gets the lantern lit and manages to carry it along with the cask of fresh water.

Hooded Lantern A hooded lantern sheds normal light in a 30-foot radius and increases the light level by one step for an additional 30 feet beyond that area (darkness becomes dim light and dim light becomes normal light). A hooded lantern does not increase the light level in normal light or bright light. A lantern burns for 6 hours on 1 pint of oil. You can carry a lantern in one hand. Price 7 gp; Weight 2 lbs.

Spoiler: Looting
    Show

Paul
    • Mwk Backpack
    • Mwk Backpack
    • Mwk Scroll Box
    • a 10’ Pole

Paul will likely spend additional actions next turn to hand the backpacks to Ulva and Adalbert, or to examine the contents of a container.

Torin loots G22, level 1 hobgoblin warrior.
    • Mwk Cold Iron scimitar;
    • Light steel shield;
    • 20 Arrows in a quiver;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2)[2] Rations;
    • (d20)[1] GP;
    • (d100)[85] SP;

Torin will likely spend the additional actions next turn to loot the Dastana from G22 and the Jingasa from G21 if they are not looted before then.

~~~RD 17~~~

Taproom on fire: 5/36 squares were on fire.
    2x Fire Spread (DC11)
    Taproom on fire: 7/36 squares are on fire.

I[16] G26 Nearly falling into the kitchen he looks around and quickly realizes the fighting has made it out the back door. Exiting the kitchen out the rear the hobgoblin keeps his sword up and ready for any melee.

Held Action Triggers, Mortimer attacks and takes a 5’ step back.
    [12] Mwk Shortspear vs (partial cover) G26 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) [3]

I[16] G26
    Held Action Triggers but Mortimer is now out of range.

[13] Dogslicer vs Jet (14/14 HP, 16 AC) [4] + FORT DC 14

I[13] Jet (8/14 HP) defends herself, attacking G-28 with her Longsword.
    [11] Mwk Longsword vs G28 (7/17 HP, 16 AC) [7] and missing.

I[11] Adalbert moves to the last room, in the north west corner, trying the knob. Finding it locked he kicks the jamb feebly.
    [9] Strength check vs break DC 13

I[11] Clidon (4/4 HP) tries again.
    [6] Longbow vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) [2]

I[11] G27 takes a 5’ step away from Aubrin and attacks again, attempting to trip.
    [11] Horsechopper vs Aubrin (12/43 HP, 17 CMD) [TRIP]

I[11] Aubrin the Green (12/43 HP, 17 AC, long-term injury) Taking a 5’ step to D-14 Aubrin closes on the one wielding a pole arm, attacking if able.
    [15] Longsword vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) [3]

I[11] G25 moves into the kitchen and attempts to aid G26, unable to reach the puny human.

I[10] Darren Browne,
    Darren enters the room taking the winter blanket and candle, checking the nightstand drawer just in case, but leaves the bible undisturbed.

I[9] G13 knocks another arrow and fires off a shot at Torin, taking a 5’ step back.
    [14] Longbow vs Torin (11/19 HP, 18 AC) [1]

I[8] G24 knocks another arrow and fires off a shot at Wyra, taking a 5’ step back and calling for reinforcement.
    [11] Diplo. DC 12
    [16] Longbow vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC) [1]

I[5] Ulva Assists Adalbert if needed, else enters the room and goes to look out the window.
    [6] Strength check vs break DC 13

I[4] G22 (-1/17) Unconscious and dying [6] DC 10 to stabilize.

Seeing more hobgoblins exiting through the Inn's back door, Wyra stepped back into the fray. She could hear the sounds of combat around the corner and worried for her new allies, many of who were little more than farmers and merchants. “Torin, get behind him if you can." she encouraged the fighter; keen to capitalize on the narrow advantage such strategic maneuvering offered them against the implacable foe.
    [Move Action] get over to G26
    [Standard Action] Attacks the G26
    Falchion Attack (1d20+6)[19] (2d4+6)[13] damage

Paul, Commoner 1 (4/4 HP) hands the backpacks off to Ulva and Adalbert, while he examines the contents of the small wooden box.[/i]

Mwk Scroll Box
    • Unidentified Wand (d100)[38]
    • Unidentified Scroll (d100)[36]
    • Unidentified Scroll (d100)[51]
    • Small Leather Pouch
    • Sling
    • (d20)[9]Sling Bullets, Acid
    • Blessed Bandage
    • Unidentified Mwk Ring
    • Unidentified Mwk Ring
    • Unidentified Mwk Glove

Torin loots the Dastana from G22 and then moves to J-14, cutting off G26’s pursuit of Mortimer.

Gilraen the Wise, Commoner 1 (4/4 HP) gets the lantern lit and manages to carry it along with the cask of fresh water, moving up to E-14.

~~~RD 18~~~

Taproom on fire: 7/36 squares were on fire
    (d20)[13] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[11] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[18] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[10] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[3] Fire Spread (DC11)
    (d20)[16] Fire Spread (DC11)

Not wanting to test his luck again against this dangerous foe Mortimer moves to E-15 and attacks G28 with his new found shortspear
    (d20+2)[9] Mwk Shortspear vs (partial cover) G28 (7/17 HP, 16 AC) (d6+2)[8]
    (d20+2)[9] Crit if needed (d6+2)[3]

I[16] G26 (4/17) takes a 5’ step moving up to K-14 alongside Torin, attacking him.
    (d20+4)[21] Longsword vs Torin (11/19 HP, 18 AC) (d8+2)[10]
    (d20+4)[9] Crit if needed (d8+2)[9]
    ...Torin (1/19 HP)

Not giving up quite yet the hobgoblin attempts once more to disable Jet before fleeing, moving 15’ SW, provoking.
    (d20+4)[15] Dogslicer vs Jet (14/14 HP, 16 AC) (d6+2)[6] + FORT DC 14
    (d20+4)[24] Crit if needed (d6+2)[5]

(d20+2)[10] Acrobatics (Tumble to avoid AoO’s DC = CMD)
    Jet DC 13
    Mortimer DC 15

AoO Jet
    (d20+2)[10] Mwk Longsword vs (partial cover) G28 (7/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8+2)[10]
    (d20+2)[20] Crit if needed (d8+2)[7]

AoO Mortimer
    (d20+2)[20] Mwk Shortspear vs (partial cover) G28 (7/17 HP, 16 AC) (d6+2)[8]
    (d20+2)[11] Crit if needed (d6+2)[4]
    ...G28 (-1/17)

I[13] Jet (8/14 HP) moves up next to G28 and attacks with her longsword if G28 is still alive.
    (d20+4)[10] Mwk Longsword vs G28 (7/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8+2)[10]
    (d20+4)[18] Crit if needed (d8+2)[10]

I[11] Adalbert Failing and seeing Ulva fail, Adalbert tries again to kick in the door.
    (d20)[10] Strength check vs break DC 13

I[11] Clidon (4/4 HP) moving 30’ south west, Clidon tries again to shoot G27.
    (d20-2)[9] Longbow vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8)[5]
    (d20-2)[18] Crit if needed (2d8)[10]

(d20+3)[9] Horsechopper vs Aubrin (12/43 HP, 17 CMD) [TRIP]

I[11] Aubrin the Green (12/43 HP, 17 AC, long-term injury) Taking a 5’ step Aubrin closes on the remaining hobgoblin, attacking if able.
    (d20+7)[18] Longsword vs G27 (17/17 HP, 16 AC) (d8+2)[8]
    (d20+7)[15] Crit if needed (d8+2)[5]
    (d100)[60] 20% miss
    ...G27 (9/17)

I[11] G25 hearing the banging upstairs G25 runs back through the tap room barely squeezing by the fire and goes up the stairs to G-8-UP. Having made the top of the stairs he breathes heavily. Readying his Longsword he sees Ulva and Adalbert bashing at a door at the end of the hall with their boots.

I[10] Darren Browne,
    With a winter blanket over his shoulder Darren stuffs the candle into a pocket as he moves back to the hallway door. Hearing the pounding boots coming up the stairs and the pig like heavy breathing Darren creates a new illusion in the humid air to distract the hobgoblin. Creating a figment of himself diving out of the doorway, his “clone” standing seven feet tall, appears to be wearing heavily enchanted nightscale swirling with an obscuring miasma. The figment backflips down the hallway throwing a dozen knives before disappearing into the room across the hall. The barrage of missiles appearing to go wide in a series of near misses the hobgoblin stops dead in his tracks relieved to have dodged so well. Darren puts his back to the wall and breathes soft hoping his illusion will draw the hobgoblin into the next room.
    (d20+8)[20] stealth vs G25 perception (d20-2)[2]

I[9] G13 knocks another arrow and fires off a shot at Torin, taking a 5’ step east.
    Partial Cover
    (d20+1)[4] Longbow vs Torin (11/19 HP, 18 AC) (d8)[1]
    (d20+1)[5] Crit if needed (2d8)[9]

I[8] G24 knocks another arrow and fires off a shot at Wyra, taking a 5’ step east and calling for reinforcement.
    (d20)[11] Diplo. DC 12
    (d20+3)[14] Longbow vs Wyra (19/20 HP, 21 AC) (d8)[3]
    (d20+3)[6] Crit if needed (2d8)[6]

I[5] Ulva Assists Adalbert again if needed, else enters the room and goes to look out the window.
    (d20+4)[16] Strength check vs break DC 13

... Darren Stays hidden
    ... Ulva kicks in the door and enters the room.

I[4] G22 (-2/17) Unconscious and dying [roll]d20 [/roll] DC 10 to stabilize.

Stabs G26
    ...G26 (-8/17 HP, dying)

(d20+5)[19] Darren's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+6)[17] Darren's Perception
    Show

x

(d20+4)[15] Wyra's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+0)[7] Wyra's Perception
    Show

x

~~~***~~~

Show

Show

Oreld's Fine Shop

As Kel Vas attempts to sneak up on the hobgoblin he draws his shield as he moves, scraping it on the ground giving away his position. The hobgoblin whirls on him but is still not fast enough, Kel Vas’s Longsword striking true. Wheeling from the blow the hobgoblin lets out a yelp and strikes down at Kel with both his sword and his torch.

Vane barely hears the question as the ringing of steel on steel echoes just a few feet away. Vane readies his sickle and takes some cover against the wall of the building.

Finding Sharon and Tanner in the back bedroom Jason encourages them to hurry as he hears the combat ensue. Fidgeting with his dagger he turns back to the shop’s front but holds his position at the door, in case the combat goes south and he needs to re-set the acid trap.

I hope they heard, Kel Vas thinks to himself, if I speak any louder ill bring more trouble on us. Now breathe, feign, strike, reposition. If anyone comes out of the mist, I can distract this foe. With that Kel strikes, but the hobgoblin nimbly evades his strike. After striking, Kel positions himself on the square to the left of his enemy.

Lu Bu stiffens and turns at the sound of battle. He steps cautiously forward to the edge of the mist, his breathing growing rapid. Today has already been more dangerous than anything he's been involved with before, and it grows worse and worse.

He advances until he can see through the edge of the mist, then mutters a quick spell to aid the warrior fighting the hobgoblin. As his enchantment overcomes the hobgoblin it cannot act, it’s mind going blank momentarily. He stands dumbly watching as the ambush unfolds.

Two more hobgoblins creep in from the shadows as Kel and Lu engage in combat. They attempt to overwhelm Kel, surrounding him, and raining down blows.

Show

Show

Jason loots:

S[22] Kel Vas the Prevailer round 16: Stab G36 for 9 damage.

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3 / 16: Move to cart and unload Full Plate

S[17] Nancy (4/4 HP)
    Hearing the commotion, Nancy hurries, gathering what remains on the hobgoblin in front of her before moving out of the storefront towards the sounds of combat, her Morning star held high.

Nancy loots:
    • Small Leather Pouch;
    • 1 ration;
    • 6 GP;
    • 96 SP;
    • Light Steel Shield;
    • Longbow;
    • 20 Arrows in a Quiver

S[17] G30 (dying to Raffa) unknown to Lu Bu or Kel Vas.

S[12] G36 (9/17) wheeling from the blow the hobgoblin lets out a yelp and strikes down at Kel with both his sword and his torch. (-4, -12)
    [9] Mwk Longsword vs Kel Vas [7]
    [-5] Torch vs Kel Vas [roll]d8+2[8]

S[11] G38 (14/17) unknown to Lu Bu or Kel Vas.
    Spoiler
    Show

S[8] G37 (15/17) unknown to Lu Bu or Kel Vas.
    Spoiler
    Show

--top of round 17—

did anyone else notice that elf magic? DC 15 perception [16]

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Readies his sickle taking the Full Defense action +4 AC and gaining hard cover (+2 or +4 AC, depending on the angle of attack.)

Jason (3/3 HP) Finding Sharon and Tanner in the back bedroom Jason encourages them to hurry as he hears the combat ensue. Fidgeting with his dagger he turns back to the shop’s front but holds his position at the door to the lab, in case the combat goes south and he needs to re-set the acid trap.

Tanner Oreld (1/1 HP) finishes gathering his camping supplies and moves back out to the alchemist’s laboratory.

Sharon Oreld (3/3 HP) finishes helping Tanner with the camping supplies and moves back out to the alchemist’s laboratory.

Tanner loots:
    • (1) Noxious Smokestick
    • (2) Winter Blankets
    • (1) Signal Whistle
    • 5lb Leeching Kit (+2 vs poison)
    • (1) Superior Lock

Sharon loots:
    • 3lb Antidote Kit (+3 vs poison)
    • 4lb Chirurgeon’s Kit (Healer’s Kit +2, Brandy, CLW, smelling salts, (2) kindness, antiplague, antitoxin, bloodblock, soothe syrup)
    • (1) Blessed Bandages;
    • (3) Clearly Labeled doses of Healing Salve (1d8)
    • (1) Clearly Labeled Bitterleaf Oil
    • (1) Clearly Labeled Potion of False Life
    • (1) Clearly Labeled Aboleth Mucus

S[22] Kel Vas the Prevailer
    I hope they heard, if I speak any louder ill bring more trouble on us. Now breathe, feign, strike, reposition. If anyone comes out of the mist, I can distract this foe.
    Kel positions himself on the square to the left of his enemy after striking.
    Att: (1d20+3)[11] Dmg: (1d8+1)[5]

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3 / 16: load cart / 17: Cast’s Daze, success!

S[17] Nancy (4/4 HP)
    Able to hear the commotion just a few dozen feet away Nancy exits the mist, reinforcing Kel Vas, covering his flank. She strikes at G36 while the opportunity presents itself.
    (d20+2)[11] Morningstar vs G36 (9/17 HP, 15 AC) (d8+1)[9]
    (d20+2)[20] Crit if needed (d8+1)[2]

S[12] G36 (9/17) failing his will save the hobgoblin stands dazed, unable to take any action.

S[11] G38 (14/17) moving up through the shadows G38 attempts to maintain his stealth and attacks Kel Vas from flank.
    (d20+5)[24] Stealth vs Perception (deny dex = vs 16 AC)
    (d20+4)[15] Longspear vs Kel Vas (18/18 HP, 18 AC) (d8+2)[6]
    (d20+4)[8] Crit if needed (2d8+4)[6]

S[8] G37 (15/17) moving up through the shadows G37 enters the torchlight to reinforce his dazed companion, sweeping at Kel’s legs as his ally stabs forth with a longspear.
    (d20+4)[15] Mwk Ankus vs Kel Vas (18/18 HP, 15 CMD) [Trip]
    If you try to trip an opponent, you trigger an AoO. If the AoO hits, the amount of damage is added to the CMD of the person being tripped. If you beat the targets CMD, he/she/it is knocked prone. If you fail by 10 or more, you are knocked prone (Note there is nothing in the rules for trip about needing a weapon to perform it).

If you try to trip an opponent and you have Improved Trip, you do not incur an AoO. If you beat the target's CMD, the target is knocked prone. If you fail by 10 or more, you are knocked prone.

If you have a weapon with the Trip special quality, then, if your attack fails by 10 or more, you may drop the weapon instead of being knocked prone.
    --top of round 18—

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Steadying his nerves, Vane moves through the mist, realizing he has to defend the cart, and any new help they may receive.
    (d20+1)[10] Stealth vs (d20+2)[16] (14 AC if denied DEX)
    (d20+3)[5] Sickle vs G37 (15/17 HP, 16 AC) (d6+1)[5]
    (d20+3)[20] Crit if needed (d6+1)[2]

Jason (3/3 HP) Exiting the building, hoping to reinforce his wife, Jason makes it to the corpses of the three slain hobgoblins. Nearly tripping over the Jovar Jason picks it up and tests it’s weight.
    (-4 untrained +1 Mwk, 2d6 slashing 18-20/x2, 13lbs)

Tanner Oreld (1/1 HP) following Jason tentatively Tanner nearly trips over the corpse of G3 and screams out in horror.

Sharon Oreld (3/3 HP) Scolding Tanner fearfully to wait, Sharon moves up and grabs him by the shoulder spinning him about and wrapping him in a great hug, reassuring him.

Spoiler
    Show

What remains unlooted:
    G9: Armored Coat;
    G10: Spiked Gauntlet;
    G3: Hide Shirt.

S[22] Kel Vas the Prevailer round 18: … ACTION!

S[18] Lu Bu Sago Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor Potion / 12: Loot G9 / 13: Loot G10 / 14: Loot Full Plate / 15: Loot G3 / 16: load cart / 17: Cast’s Daze, success! / 18: … ACTION!

(d20+0)[16] Kel’s Sense Motive
    Show

(d20+5)[13] Kel's Perception
    Show

(d20+3)[16] LuBu's Sense Motive
    Show

(d20+3)[9] LuBu's Perception
    Show

Show

~~~***~~~

Show

Show

Phaendar Trading Company

Cpl Ginger moves quickly to get behind the cart, drawing the healing potion as he goes. Taking cover he pulls the stopper and drinks deep. I spoke too soon he thinks to himself. Another damned archer, west side, and a caster… I can’t help the civs if I’m dead.

Hearing the roof groan under the strain puts the idea of looting more out of Chase's mind. I guess this is what I can take, then. Better hurry. Chase returns to the cart, and drops off his old chain and the sword, keeping the mithral spiked chain for his own use. He heard Seth's plan, and figured to work with his fellow escapees. Now was as near the perfect time for them to make the run for their next stop as they were going to get.

"You have a chance to make a break for it. I'll cover you," Chase intoned, trying not to seem too out-of-place -- even if he knew it was a hollow effort.

Taidel takes the other potion and helps Stephen drink but Stephen does not rise, his injuries too grave "He isn’t coming back to us. His wounds are too grave Mark. We should get him on the cart."

As Lirosa’s arrow strikes true she is already knocking another one on her bow, her concentration firm.

Raffa saw Kinning running into the darkness like a storm of hammer blows. As he strides after her, he spots another hobgoblin and fires a single arrow without breaking his stride, narrowly missing as the hobgoblin ducks out of the way.

Show

• Trowel
    • Shovel
    • Light Pick
    • 3 lb Cross-peen hammer
    • 2 lb Ball-peen hammer
    • Bellows
    • (20) Cotton Shop Rags
    • 50 lb charcoal
    • 1 lb Beeswax
    • 10 lb Jug of Oil
    • First Aid Kit +2
    • (2) Aloe Vera Plants
    • Block and Tackle
    • 50' Silk Rope (5lbs)
    • Everburning Torch,
    • Sack (x4),
    • Mess Kit
    • Shaving Kit
    • Manacles
    • Bear Trap
    • Caltrops
    • Handaxe
    • Grappling Arrow
    • Grappling Hook
    • (2) Stubborn Nail
    • Mwk Adamantine Dagger
    • Mwk Battleaxe
    • Mwk Scimitar
    • Mwk Kukri
    • Morningstar
    • +1 Warmace
    • Mwk Longsword
    • Mwk Pavise
    • Chain Shirt,
    • Chain Shirt (Broken)
    • Mwk Chain Shirt
    • Mwk Breastplate
    • Mwk Chainmail
    • Armor Spikes (50gp)

Show

Spoiler: RD 17
    Show

C[4] G17 (14/14 HP, 15 AC, expeditious) moves out of the mist and summons a light riding horse between himself and Cpl. Ginger.

C[3] G29 Nightscale/Guisarme lies dead, smashed into the ground, armor appearing unscathed.

--RD 17--

Smithy roof on fire: 21/21 squares of thatch are on fire

C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard (-5/17 HP) Enlarged.
    Unconscious and dying. [1] DC 10 to stabilize.

Spoiler
    Show
    C[4] G19 moves and casts Enlarge Person on G31

CDG G32[55] damage. Gross.

C[19] G18 (12/17 HP, 15 AC, lesser vigor) west of PTCo, steps out of the mist, taking a shot at Cpl. Ginger
    [22] Longbow Vs Cpl. Ginger [6] striking true!

C[19] G32
    Rd 16: (-2/17) unconscious and dying [3] DC 10 to stabilize if not,
    Rd 17: (-3/17) unconscious and dying [17] DC 10 to stabilize.

S[17] G30 (-2/17 HP) unconscious and dying [17] DC 10 to stabilize.

C[16] G16 DEAD.

C[16] G31 (17/17 HP, vigor, enlarged) location unknown
    Spoiler
    Show
    G31 moves north to engage Kinning with G19

Spoiler
    Show
    G19 will heal him soon when they get there.

Seth, having found two potions with the same flowery aroma he puts one of them down Mark’s throat. [7], handing the other to Taidel.

Mark (3/4) AWAKE!

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (1/19 HP, 20 AC)
    Moves to D-8 , drinks healing potion for [9] health (10/17 HP)

Spoiler: G20's loot (-6/17 unconscious and dying)
    Show

Looted
    • Light Steel Shield;
    • Longbow;
    • 20 Arrows & quiver;
    • Mwk Longsword & sheath;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2)[2] Potions of another color;
    • (d2)[2] Rations.
    • (d20)[7] GP
    • (d100)[60] SP

Not yet looted

Taidel unstoppers the vial and puts it to Stephen's lips, helping him drink. [3]
    Stephen now at (-2/4 HP & stable)

Lirosa knocks an arrow and draws, letting one loose toward the archer attacking the Cpl..
    [16] Longbow Vs G18 [3]
    success! G18 now at (9/17)

Show

moderately injured, he stays by his master whimpering and nosing his unconscious form.

C[6] Raffa Nimes (AC 24 Hit Points 10/15+9 temp.) Moves north to O-21 and shoots north, missing.
    C[-] Nomad Chase (AC 17 Hit Points 12/21) Moves to F-7 and drops off loot in the cart.

Spoiler: RD 18
    Show

C[4] G17 (14/14 HP, 15 AC, expeditious) using the horse for cover, the shaman moves up to the enlarged fighter, G20, and pulling out a wand he casts Cure Light Wounds, laying a hand upon him.
    (d8+1)[8]

--RD 18--

Smithy roof on fire: 21/21 squares of thatch are on fire
    Chase's perception saved him, it bought him the round he took.
    (d20)[20] barn collapse (+2 each consecutive round)
    DC 5: only some joists collapse, burning thatch raining down REF DC 15: (d6)[3] bludgeon + (d6)[2] fire
    DC 10: 25% of the items have been destroyed (the second DC 10 roll will move this to 50%)
    DC 15: some beams collapse, REF DC 10: (3d8)[18] bludgeon + 1 fire (this stacks with joist collapse)
    DC 20: 50% of the items have been destroyed (max)

C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard (2/17 HP) Enlarged.
    Unconscious and dying. (d20-4)[11] DC 10 to stabilize.
    Searching about himself for his weapons the guard stands. Eyeing a sword on his allies nearby corpse he begins moving for it, catching a vial of acid in the chest before getting far.

C[19] G19 (17/17 HP, 19 AC) moves east towards G7 and holds action to move when Kinning does.

(d20+10)[20] attack G43 (d12+7)[10] (16 STR, 2H Attack) vs 15 AC (bow is out not shield)
    (d20+6)[9] Auto-Demoralize (Cornugeon Smash)
    if crit: (19-20/x4) +1 Greathorn Greathammer
    (d20+10)[19] to confirm (3d12+21)[30] bonus damage
    Demoralized, DC12: G39 is shaken (–2 penalty on attack rolls, saves, skill and ability checks.

C[19] G18 (10/17 HP, 15 AC, lesser vigor) west of PTCo, Takes a shot at Lirosa and then steps back into the mist, gaining concealment (20%)
    (d20+1)[15] Longbow Vs (partial cover) Lirosa (d8)[5]
    (d20+1)[12] crit confirm and crit damage if needed (2d8)[12]

C[19] G32 (-3/17) unconscious but stable.

S[17] G30 (-2/17 HP) unconscious but stable.

C[16] G16 DEAD.

C[16] G31 (17/17 HP, vigor, enlarged) approaches Kinning, shouting a challenge in goblinoid.
    “Fear me dwarf! Come here and face your death!” (d20+3)[5] Intimidate vs DC 15

Seth, hands the sword back to Mark and moves to H-8, looting G29.

G29,
    • Light Steel Shield;
    • Longbow;
    • 20 Arrows & quiver;
    • Guisarme;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2)[1] Potions of another color;
    • (d2)[1] Rations.
    • (d20)[15] GP
    • (d100)[16] SP

G29 wears Nightscale armor, to remove it would take additional actions.

Stephen (-2/4) Unconscious but stable.

Mark (3/4) regains his feet and arms himself with the Masterwork Longsword.

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (10/19 HP, 20 AC) ACTION
    throws acid (9) damage, (5) splash.
    ...G20 is down once more. (-7/17, dying, enlarged)
    ...The horse panics and will bolt or kick or something. (5 acid damage)
    ...G17 is gently encouraged to retreat and heal himself. (5 acid damage)

(d20+2)[9] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+7)[17] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger's Perception
    Show

x

(d20+0)[11] Raffa Nimes's Sense Motive
    Show

here Kinning Blondbeard is both giving in to her bloodlust and longing for battle as well as providing a tactical forward guard. she is hoping to buy time for the outskirts of town by keeping a bulk of the force distracted midtown.

OOC: By reinforcing the NPC Raffa triggers:
    That she (Kinning) will, instead of dying a glorious death toe to toe, attempt to survive as long as possible. Using Charge, line of effect, and stealth to drink potions where able. Without tactical assistance such as concealment or divine healing it is doubtful she will last more than a few minutes if she keeps this up though.

(d20+6)[25] Raffa Nimes's Perception
    Show

you notice to the south west Chase has killed the hobgoblin that was using a wand of cure light wounds.
    (I believe Raffa has UMD?)

To the south east a jet of steam erupted from the obscuring mist melting three hobgoblins. You smell a strong ally.

(d20+7)[22] Nomad Chase's Sense Motive
    Show

x

(d20+8)[16] Nomad Chase's Perception
    Show

x

~~~***~~~

Show

S[22] Vane Oreld (4/8, Staggered) Defends Kel Vas with his sickle.
    Jason moves out of the shop, taking up the Jovar
    Sharon & Tanner move out to the front door of the shop
    C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard, Healed by G17
    C[19] G19 reinforcing G31, G7 north of PT Co, attacking Kinning.
    C[19] Blondebeard attacking G39
    S[19] G3 DEAD, looted
    C[19] G32 (-57/17) very dead, unrecognizable

S[18] the scene at Oreld's Fine Shop, Round 18
    S[18] Lu Bu Sago (-4) Get Cover/ Jet/ healing belt/ obscuring mist/ command: eggshell, Casting Sleep/ Sleep, Pearl/ move, equip pick/ move, heal Jason/ 8: CDG/ 9: CDG/ 10: CDG/ 11: Mage Armor/ 12: Loot/ 13: Loot/ 14: Loot/ 15: Loot/ 16: Loot/ 17: DAZE/ 18:
    S[17] Nancy moves out of the mist, attacking G36
    S[17] G30 (-2/17) unconscious but stable
    C[16] G16 DEAD.
    C[16] G31 (17/17) BUFFED UP AND GOING AFTER KINNING
    I[16] G26 realizes the illusion and enters, EXITS OUT THE BACK TO FIND MORTIMER
    I[16] G28 Blue Whinnis
    I[15] G27 HORSECHOPPER
    C[14] G7 (0/17) unconscious, stable
    I[13] Jet moving out, pack full of food, attacking G28

C[13] the scene at Phaendar Trading Company, Round 18
    I[13] G14 Out front DIPLOMANCERING. (Used Rope, Bound Prisoners)
    S[12] G36 (9/17) Notices Elf Magic *LONGSWORD
    C[11] G6 DEAD.
    I[11] Aubrin the Green attacking
    I[11] G23 DEAD.
    I[11] G25 heads up stairs
    S[11] G38 (14/17) attacks Kel Vas
    I[10] Darren Browne
    I[10] G12 DEAD by the bar, LOOTED
    I[9] G21 DEAD
    S[9] G10 Dead & Looted.
    I[8] G24 moves toward the back at the behest of G22. Bow, shooting at Wyra.
    C[8] G8 unconscious.
    S[8] G37 (15/17) attacks Kel Vas

C[6] Raffa Nimes
    C[-] Nomad Chase
    S[6] G9 DEAD & Looted.
    C[5] G5 DEAD (shield)
    I[4] G11 (-10/17) DEAD in the kitchen.

I[4] the scene at the Taproot Inn, Round 18
    I[4] G22 DEAD
    C[4] G17 exits the mist summoning a riding horse. Using it for cover he heals G20
    C[4] G19 witchdoctor - to the west of PTCo in the mist reinforcing G31
    C[3] G29 DEAD (Guisarme, Nightscale)

(d20+2)[21] G39 Initiative
    (d20+2)[5] G40 Initiative
    (d20+2)[15] G41 Initiative
    (d20+2)[5] G42 Initiative
    (d20+2)[5] G43 Initiative
    (d20+2)[14] G44 Initiative
    (d20+2)[20] G45 Initiative
    (d20+2)[14] G46 Initiative

Show

new map for top of Rd 18

Right Click: Open Image in new tab.

Round 18: Darren Browne, Wyra Whitemane, Cpl. Gabriel Ginger, Lu Bu Sago, Kel Vas; you're up!

editing,
    Perception and sense motive possibly tomorrow.
    Last edited by Edd; 2017-08-20 at 10:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Kel Vas moves next to Nancy.
    Strike with me on 3. 1...2...3
    Show

Std action attack
    Att (1d20+3)[18] Dmg (1d8+1)[8]
    CAtt (1d20+3)[12] CDmg (1d8+1)[4]

Move action aid other
    Aid other vs DC 10 (1d20+5)[24] (If successful Nancy gets +7 bonus to hit)
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2017-08-18 at 09:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Cpl Gabriel
    You stay down.

Gabriel puts his bow against the building, takes a slight step forward while loading his bombchucker, and a vial of acid goes sailing.
    Show

He thinks that the hob will give the downed one a potion, so hes going to launch an aoe attack that will probably kill the downed one. Targetting downed combatants is a sin. But he cannot afford the consequences of inaction.

5ft forward
    Attack (1d20+4)[22] Vs Touch (G20 [Top left square)) Dmg: (1d6+4)[9]
    5 Splash Dmg to "horse" and G17.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2017-08-17 at 11:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wyra

Wyra lunged forward toward the Hobgoblin, her blade flashing with reflected firelight from the inn's fiery interior. Deaing another fatal blow, she quickly scooped up her defeated foe's belt pouch, hoping to secure healing for her allies.

Show
    Attacks G26
    Falchion Attack (1d20+8)[23] (2d4+6)[12] damage
    Crit confirm, if necessary: (1d20+8)[19] (2d4+6)[10] damage

Show
    Loot puch from G26

Show
    Wyra Whitemane
    +2 Per Dice of Healing
    Last edited by Wymmerdann; 2017-08-23 at 10:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Lu Bu

"Step to the side, Vane, new guy!" Lu Bu frantically motions at both as he begins to cast a spell. Once Kel and Vane have both stepped to the side of their goblins, the long-haired wu jen activates his glove and sends a jet of boiling-hot steam at three of the goblins.

Spoiler
    Show

Wait for Kel & Vane to 5' step out of the way (they can both still stay in melee) so Lu Bu can cast Jet of Steam down the line and hit G36, G37, and G38.
    Using Arcanist's Gloves (2nd of 2 charges for the day) to cast it at CL 4.
    (4d4)[12] damage, Ref DC 16 half.
    Last edited by J-H; 2017-08-18 at 07:59 AM.
    Campaign Logs:

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Phaendar Trade Co.
    end of round 18

Taidel takes the other potion and begins helping Stephen drink as Cpl. Ginger stumbles around the side of the cart sporting a fresh arrow wound, drinking one himself as well.

Taidel takes the other potion and helps Stephen drink but Stephen does not rise, his injuries too grave "He isn’t coming back to us. His wounds are too grave Mark. We should get him on the cart."

As Lirosa’s arrow strikes true she is already knocking another one on her bow, her concentration firm.

Raffa saw Kinning running into the darkness like a storm of hammer blows. As he strides after her, he spots another hobgoblin and fires a single arrow without breaking his stride, narrowly missing as the hobgoblin ducks out of the way.

Kinning Blondebeard moves further off, charging an archer as another enlarged hobgoblin moves up and challenges her. You can see a crowd of hobgoblins beginning to form to watch, and among them, a towering minotaur looks ready to issue his own challenge.

Just then a tower of sparks and flame jet up into the sky as the barn roof collapses in a deafening crash. The ground shakes beneath your feet drawing the attention of dozens of hobgoblins. Many cheer at the sight, the raid well under way.

Show

Half of the loot in the barn is now destroyed, the rest will be considered broken.
    (still a lot of worthwhile loot options for sure, if you can mind the flames somehow; water, fire ward gel, or another method)
    note: still a lot of good loot on hobgoblins lying around.

C[13] Cpl. Gabriel Ginger (10/19 HP, 20 AC)

Throws a vial of home brewed acid.

C[21] G20 Witchdoctor's Guard (2/17, enlarged)
    9 damage (-7/17, dying, enlarged)

C[4] G17 shaman (14/14, expeditious)
    5 damage (9/14, expeditious)

Light Riding Horse (15/15)
    5 damage (10/15, panicked)

Taidel moves into position drawing his bow. he knocks an arrow and draws, letting one loose toward the shaman.
    (d20+1)[15] Longbow Vs G17 (d8)[6] (partial cover)
    (d20+1)[14] crit confirm and crit damage if needed (d8)[1]

Lirosa moves into position, knocking an arrow and draws, letting one loose toward the shaman.
    (d20+1)[20] Longbow Vs G17 (d8)[1] (partial cover)
    (d20+1)[18] crit confirm and crit damage if needed (d8)[2]
    (G18 @ 9/17, hiding in the mist)

G17 shaman (9/14, expeditious)
    Taidel 6 damage, longbow (3/14, expeditious)
    Lirosa 1 damage, longbow (2/14, expeditious)

Show
    Heading the other way, looting the priest, defiling the sanctuary, etc.

...Acid Arrow: 7 damage
    G42 Archer (17/17) -> (10/17)

C[-] Nomad Chase - ACTION! (AC 17 Hit Points 12+4/21, Rage)
    ...Mwk Mithral Spiked Chain: 17 damage
    G17 Shaman (2/17, expeditious) -> (Dead.)

Spoiler: Hobgoblins and their loot.
    Show

Spoiler: G5's loot (Mark loots G5, Level 1 Hobgoblin Warrior)
    Show

Looted
    • Light Steel Shield;
    • Longbow;
    • 20 Arrows in a quiver;
    • Masterwork Longsword;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2)[2] Potions of the same color;
    • (d2)[1] Rations.
    • (d8)[1] GP
    • (d20)[10] SP

Not yet looted

G5 wears Hide armor, to remove it would take additional actions.

Spoiler: G6's loot (Chase loots G6, Level 1 Hobgoblin Warrior)
    Show

Looted
    • small leather pouch;
    • (1d2)[2] Potions of the same color;
    • (1d2)[1] Rations.
    • 14 sp

Not yet looted
    • Light Steel Shield in the mud;
    • 20 Arrows in a quiver;
    • Longsword out of it's sheath, in the mud;

G6 wears a hide shirt, boots, a Masterwork Gauntlet, and some breeches. To remove them would take additional actions.

Spoiler: G20's loot (-7/17 unconscious and dying)
    Show

Looted

• Light Steel Shield;
      Longbow;
      20 Arrows & quiver;
      Mwk Longsword & sheath;
      small leather pouch;
      (d2)[1] Potions of the same color;
      (d2)[2] Potions of another color;
      (d2)[2] Rations.
      (d20)[7] GP
      (d100)[60] SP

Not yet looted

Spoiler: G29's loot (Seth, hands the sword back to Mark and moves to H-8, looting G29.)
    Show

Looted
    • Light Steel Shield;
    • Longbow;
    • 20 Arrows & quiver;
    • Guisarme;
    • small leather pouch;
    • (d2)[1] Potions of another color;
    • (d2)[1] Rations.
    • (d20)[15] GP
    • (d100)[16] SP

Not yet looted

G29 wears Nightscale armor, to remove it would take additional actions.

Spoiler: G16's loot (Smashed by Kinning for 61 damage to the head.)
    Show

Not yet looted

• Light Steel Shield;
    • Longbow;
    • 20 Arrows & quiver;
    • Longsword & sheath;
    • small leather pouch with potions, rations, and coins.

He wears Masterwork Leather armor, a Masterwork vest, and a Gauntlet. To remove them would take additional actions.

Spoiler: G17's loot (shaman, dead to Chase's spiked chain)
    Show

Not yet looted

• Unidentified Wand;
    • Unidentified Wand;
    • Shortbow;
    • 18 Arrows & quiver;
    • bandoleer with vials;
    • dagger & sheath;
    • Mwk Mithral Buckler;
    • spellbook, compact;
    • spell component pouch;
    • small leather pouch with potions, rations, and coins.

He wears Thistledown Padded armor, Masterwork Bracers, breeches, furs, and Masterwork Boots. To remove them would take additional actions.

Spoiler: XP estimate "a gut feeling, with little real math"
    Show

Story XP, Combat XP, Character Name
    300, +1000 Wyra Whitemane
    100, +_400 Darren Browne
    300, +1050 Lu Bu Sago
    50, +_250 Kel Vas
    200, +_600 Raffa Nimes
    250, +_700 Nomad Chase
    250, +_600 Cpl. Gabriel Ginger

Round 18: Darren Browne, Nomad Chase, Raffa Nimes; you're up!

Last edited by Edd; 2017-08-20 at 10:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

BlueWizardGirl

Nomad Chase

Really?! Chase saw the hobgoblin that caused them so much trouble revived, and was having quite enough of this whole affair. With a wordless scream, he went for the hobgoblin shaman and tried to crack it over the head with his spiked chain, hoping it would stay down.

Show

Actions:
    Free -- Enter Rage. Chase's AC is now 15, Chase has earned 4 temp HP (is at "16" HP), Chase's will is at +4.
    Move -- Move to E12
    Standard -- Enraged Spiked Chain Attack.
    *Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[28]
    **Critical Confirm Roll If Needed: (1d20+8)[21]
    *Damage Roll: (2d4+3)[8]
    **Critical Bonus Damage (if applicable): (2d4+3)[9]
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2017-08-20 at 06:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Raffa is still very much not the man with the plan, but Kinning's idea of killing hobgoblins seems like the way to go. Raffe strides further north, casting another cantrip and firing an arrow at yet another hobgoblin.

Show
    30 feet north, cast Acid Splash, spellstrike arrow at G42. (1d20+7)[19], damage (1d8+4)[6]+(1d3)[1]